[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good /tg/ podcasts? I'm looking for entertaining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Buddy.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Buddy.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
What are some good /tg/ podcasts?
I'm looking for entertaining stuff for funnies.
I've already rammed through Harmontown, Aq Inc, and Critical Role, and am looking for something new to kill time listening to.
>>
>>43729220
I'm fond of Six Feats Under. They do some pretty funny sessions, the players have some good chemistry.
>>
>>43729220
One Shot's pretty good. A rotating cast of improvisers get together and play a new game every week. They introduced me to the Dracula Dossier.

They also do a Star Wars campaign with a set cast that's kind of like if Star Wars was written by the people who did Arrested Development.
>>
File: the_joyful_by_beastace-d9gzj2f.jpg (120 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
the_joyful_by_beastace-d9gzj2f.jpg
120 KB, 1024x682
>>43729301
What's the party like?

>>43729459
I kind of prefer a continuity so I have more of a reason to go back and watch some more, rather than just pure episodic stuff, if that's understandable.
Have some more Buddy for your time, though.
>>
>>43729220
Isn't Buddy supposed to be like 10 or 11 during the Joyful?

Either way, Joyful was awful except for Big Lincoln and Gallows. Good soundtrack though.
>>
>>43729883
I believe she was 11.
I loved the game for just being what it was, and the fact that Buddy is literally a dead ringer for how I described my battle master, so that was fun.
>>
>>43729930
>No companions
>Almost no character interaction
>Most of the warlords have no dialogue, or very little
>No different equipment
>Buddy was worse than Hitler and was completely unlikable
It was awful, dude.
>>
>>43730012
It wasn't the same game as Painful, but I appreciated it for what it was
>>
>>43730012
>Implying being a general dick to everyone and slaughtering everyone isn't fun as hell
Have you never played drakenguard, anon?
Beyond that, It's a DLC sequel to wrap things up more than anything.
I found it not the same as Painful, but it was still an enjoyable experience. Especially with the music.
>>
>>43729786
Then you'd like campaign better. It starts just after a one shot where they accidentally infiltrated the Death Star and pulled off a daring escape that involved the deaths of many Bothans. After that it's three dudes having adventured while trying to raise a little Jedi kid and, eventually, a 400 pound psychic space wolf.
>>
Dungeons and randomness
-very rp heavy
-rough start
-over 100 episodes
-4E

Roll to hit
-strong chemistry between players
-fun
-50ish episodes
-5E

Godsfall
-very cool story
-very well produced
-very railroady
-Idk how many episodes
-homebrew as fuck
-5E

Those are the ones can think of without checking. I listen to a lot of podcasts.
>>
I've been watching Dicestormers on youtube. They have the videos also as podcasts on their website but they cover a lot of different tabletops. My favorite being Their CoC, Numenera, and Nova Praxis sessions.
>>
>>43729220
Look up Fantasy Fiction. More of an improvisational storytelling jam that sort of takes a 'Woah Dude' type of humor approach Rather than any actual roleplaying or game playing, but both pf those things are talked about. I think its wrapped up at like 77 episodes and the creators are making two new podcasts With the same 'tell crazy fantasy stories whilst drunk' formula.

The best taste I can give you is some scene setting that still makes me laugh.
>It is a beautiful sacrean night in the forest.
>a cricket chirps because someone told a bad joke.
>a frog croaks because someone told a racist joke.
>and a klaxon bird klaxons, giving thw whole scene a Tarantino vibe.
>meanwhile in the painmines Of the orcspire...
>>
>>43729786
Six Feats Under is the pathfinder (although they sometimes play other stuff) continuation of the Something Awful Dungeons and Dragons Lets Play, so it's got a bunch of SA people. They're honestly pretty fun, although recordings are sometimes a little dodgy for the earlier stuff. It's also really long so there's a fair amount of in-jokes.

It's got General Ironicus (I think as GM?), who's somewhat well known on Youtube - well, more like C-tier youtube fame, but you get the picture.

There's some videos of earlier LP D&D stuff posted on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/magnacat93 and more online elsewhere.
and some slightly more recent (and better produced videos) here: https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfshirtLetsPlay

The podcast itself should still be on itunes afaik.
>>
I would reccommend Adventure Zone but goddamn Griffin (the DM) has GOT to knock it off with the NPC wank.

Fucking Taako hits the boss monster for over 100 points of damage, but lolno, it comes back even more powerful than before just so Griffin can have his weird ass lesbian tree ending.

That said "I don't need your power to fuck an onion." may be among the funniest lines in the show so far.
>>
>>43729220
Only tangentially /tg/ related, but a great source for horror stuff, is Lore. Bi-weekly (it was weekly during October) episodes that cover random creepy stuff, starts out with a general overview of a particular topic, then discusses a specific event relating to it. They average in at about 20 minutes and you can skip the final 3-5 minutes completely since it's just sponsor ads.
>>
>>43732290
>Lore
Thanks for this. I just got done with Blurry Photos and needed a new creepy/weird thing to listen too.
>>
>>43730012
I liked Buddy until she became a murderhobo.
>>
>>43732486
I think it's just hit it's 21st episode, so it's early days, but you've got some good listening ahead of you.

Also, never heard of Blurry Photos, gonna take a look.
>>
>>43729459
Seconding One Shot. They're one of the few groups that does voices and inflections that aren't cringy and actually add to the experience.
>>
>>43731763
Glad to hear someone else enjoyed Fantasy Fiction.
How're you liking Tales from the Tavern so far?
The first episode was a bit rocky, but I loved the second and third. Last week's was pretty good; I like they way Aubrey reads his stories- they have a lot of impact and energy- but I'm not super blown away by his actual stories themselves.

Still don't get why they couldn't/wouldn't keep the name Fantasy Fiction, though. My shirts and merch feel, like, weird and dated now.
>>
Ive been listening to System Mastery for laughs lately. Making fun of old games. Just started doing Movie Mastery, same but with movies.
>>
Roleplaying Public Radio
>>
I'd like to add Glass Cannon to the list of podcasts
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.