[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M:tG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
>Stalking Dust edition
Playan?
Buildan?
Hatan?
Ready for some FNM tomorrow?
>>
>>43728882
>Playan?
Sultai midrange brew. It's all right but...

>Buildan?
I should really just make the change to esper dragons. I already have all the money cards except the 4x Dragonlord Ojutai and 3x Flooded Strands which I could just trade/sell/buy with the cards I have.

>Hatan?
I've only been to one FNM since rotation, so not sure yet.

>Ready for some FNM tomorrow?
Will probably skip this one to play Overwatch beta
>>
>>43728882
>playing
Jeskai dragons brew. Pure jank, but it's been playing fucking well. Only thing it doesn't have a fantastic answer for are planeswalkers, but that's was 11 fliers, hard counters and some Crater's Claws are for.
>building
Just been tweaking the mainlist. Been working with a friend who's new to the game to make an impact tremors deck, but that's for fun more than anything.
>hating
Not too much really. The deck answers abzan really easily, boards super well against control, but I must say crackling doom isn't really my friend.

Very keen to take this FNM and with some good draws a PPTQ on Sunday. Been finishing in the top 4 every week at FNM since I moved to this new city, but winner gets a spot on the shop's sponsored team for an upcoming competition. Been studying up on standard to grab me a spot.
>>
>>43728882

>Playan?
4C Rally. It seems to be making quite the splash lately on the competitive level.

>Buildan?
Nothing competitive, but I've been messing with a Grixis Eldrazi build for Casual play

>Hatan?
Nobody at my LGS regularly plays an established deck, so I don't have much of a frame of reference. However, I fucking hate Atarka Red whenever someone brings it.

I would be, but I'm not going this week because I have other plans.
>>
>>43730217
What would you say is the biggest hate card against rally? I've not come up against a very good list yet - and usually it's abzan. Wondering if I should tweak my sideboard much, or if 2 stubborn denials, negate, radiant flames, and 4 hard counters should be enough.
>>
>>43730258

Anafenza is the most effective as it denys the deck's entire strategy. Alternatively, counterspells specifically to deny Nantuko Husk.

The best way to shut down a Rally deck is to deny them keeping Husk alive because he's a free sac outlet in a deck that wants their shit to die. Problem is, since he's a free sac outlet, the player can just sac everything in response to whatever answer you may be playing.

Alternatively, if you're in a position where they've managed to resolve a Husk and you don't have Anafenza, the best thing to do is to force them to make their move when it's least convenient to do so. Yes, the deck wants their shit to die and can just sac everything in response to any play you can make, but we generally want to be doing it on our terms, so forcing us to do it on YOUR terms puts us in a bit of a bind.
>>
>>43730379

> Alternatively, counterspells specifically to deny Nantuko Husk.

I meant Nantuko Husk AND Rally, because you can just get the counterspelled Husk to the field off of a Rally
>>
>>43730396
What's your opinion on horribly awry then? I have two in the sideboard as well but wasn't sure if I would side them in that match.
>>
>>43730588

Specifically against 4C Rally, it's fantastic because it denies Husk and prevents them from getting it back with Rally.
>>
>>43730609
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Silkwrap seems to get better every time I can find another use for it.
>>
Newbie question: How many times in a turn may I activate an activated ability on a creature or enchantment, that requires only 1 colourless mana?
>>
>>43731610
as many times as you want
>>
>>43731610
You can activate any ability as often as you have the resources to do it. Remember, the tap symbol means you can only do it if it's untapped, and you have to tap it as part of the cost. Also remember that Magic has almost no implicit rules. If it doesn't say there's a limit on how often you can do a thing as long as you keep all the costs in mind, there is no limit.
>>
>>43731628
Someone told me before that you may only cast abilities like this on the initial play of the creature. I think the card in question was forerunner of slaughter.
>>
>>43728882
>Playan 4C CoCo allies brew

>Buildan modern stuff

>Hating boardwipes suk for allies and i dont run march from the tomb because it kinda sucks for its cast and rally the ancestors is kinda meh without haste ally which isnt Collected company-able
>>
>>43731729
Does it say on the card that you can only activate the ability on the turn you played it? If it doesn't, that restriction doesn't exist. Like I said, in general, if it doesn't say the restriction exists, it doesn't.
>>
>>43731846
how is your brew doing?
>>
>>43732067
pretty decent, Collected Company turns games around like crazy especialy when you get one or more kalastra Healers from it or even getting shit to block with at instant speed with rtally triggers, it midranges like a champ and aggros really hard when you have Firemantle mage on the field. boardwipes kinda suck but if you have ally encampment to save your best ally like drana from the unexpected
>>
>Playan
U/B eldrazi
>Buildan
Naya Allies
>Hatan
Nothing

Had a really good pull today, 2 ulamogs, foil gideon, and kiora
>>
>>43730658
It can sac itself to Silkwrap, I encountered that in testing. Best way to take it out is horribly awry/transgress/infinite obliteration
>>
>Playan
Sultai delve. It's fun when it works and Gather the Pack turn 2 into Tasigur turn 3 just feels... good.

>Buildan
Just finished building Grixis Dragons. Tried UB control just before this and while that worked, it's a bit too slow at closing the game with just Silumgar DD.

>Hatan
With Sultai delve, Eldrazi ramp or decks with a lot of recursions in general. Burning away my deck with Gather the Pack usually leaves me in an unfavorable position resource wise when going late, so if I can't close the game quickly, they grind me dead. As Grixis dragons, however, based on the prior UB control I ran, nothing particularly problematic yet, but I dread having to face fast aggro.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/royal-spit/
good or na?
>>
>>43733104
ignore plains/islands/forests
>>
>Playan?
R/G aggro.
>Buildan?
R/G aggro. Going to pick up some fetches tonight. I'm also considering swapping Zada out for something else.
Local meta is changing too so I'll look into mixing up the sideboard.
>Hatan?
Sack decks. They look fun to play but they're not fun to play against.
You bet.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.