[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fa/tg/uys! Whats your favorite army and most hated army?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: Lamenters_2.png (2 MB, 1227x1129) Image search: [Google]
Lamenters_2.png
2 MB, 1227x1129
Hey fa/tg/uys!

Whats your favorite army and most hated army?

Favorite
>Lamenter's, because they are the most sympathetic non-sue SM chapter.

Least Favorite
>Spiritual liege grey-knights, because everything ward touches goes to shit and the sueification of the GK was the worst offense.
>>
>>43728785
>Favorite
Scythes of the Emperor
Sweet yellow and black, fought to the last.

>Least favorite
Black Templars, just not my bag.

>because everything ward touches goes to shit
His LotR work was solid. He didn't even make Numenor overpowered despite his rampant Elendil fanboyism.
>>
>>43728785
>favourite
Unironically, the Grey Knights. I ignore entirety of Twat Wart fluff and remember them as incorruptible, secretive warriors, last gift of the Emperor to humanity.
Fuck daemon weapons and other useless wankery.

>Least favourite
None actually, I think every one has its place. There are a few SM chapters I don't appreciate though.
>>
Favorite:
Imperial Guard.

Least Favorite:
Eldar.
>>
>>43728785
Favorite: Emperors Children, because sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. I like that my army can mix it up in CC or have some neat shooting thanks to Ignores Cover. Tau are a close second because I love the concept of Auxillaries and highly customizable Suits.

I have too many least favorites to count. Mostly because their players left a sour taste in my mouth. I personally love White Scars, but I hate how every powergaming assclown runs them with some ludicrous ally shenanigans like comboing them with Dark Angel Black Knights/Command Squads or Space Wolf Iron Priests.
>>
>favorite
Dark Eldar, because dat edgy

>least favorite
Tau, because Tau
>>
>>43728785
>Favorite
Hard to say. I like factions from all across the spectrum, from Space Marines like the Blood Angels and the Space Wolves, to the Inquisition and the Sisters of Battle. It's hard for me to select a singular favorite.

I do really love the lore of the Imperial Knights, though. Nobility in space with giant mecha and a code of pseudo-chivalry is pretty neat.

>Least Favorite
Most Khorne followers. Anything to do with Khorne is just so blunt and Stupid Evil. I know that Khorne is SUPPOSED to have other aspects, like honor, but the writers never focus on that and instead prefer to make his followers as idiotic and unreasonably crazy as possible.
>>
>>43734276
That's because his followers were stupid to turn from the Emperor in the first place.
>>
>fav

Orks. I love their aesthetics, mob tactics, and ramshackle-ness. I like their humor, especially since it's only humorous from their point of view.

>least favorite

Probably Tau. I find their fluff boring and I don't like how their robots look. I do like Kroot though.
>>
>>43734276
Oh, I should add in those examples, I love most of the xenos too. Especially the Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Exodites.

Still waiting on my Exodite models.
>>
>>43734374
And that's kinda the thing, I'd like Khorne, and really, Chaos in general, more if there was better reason for characters/armies to join them beyond, "Grr, mad at Imperium."
>>
Farsight Enclaves. I like the feel of the army, the dynamic of the worlds and their attitude. Easily my favorite.

Least Favorite: Tyranids. Originally it was Necrons but they were given actual backstory. I hate faceless, storyless enemies. They are an NPC army and utterly two-dimensional.
>>
>>43734630
>>43734276
>>43728785
Is there any Khorne warband which isn't complete retard?
>>
>>43735142
ed
>>
>>43735142
>>43735160

Judging by your post, I'd say khorne fits you perfectly.
>>
>>43735142
None that I know of. Even by Chaos standards, they're incredibly fucking stupid.

At least the followers of the other gods, or Undivided, have variety.
>>
>>43735214
; - ;
>B-be excellent to each other!

>>43735230
>None that I know of. Even by Chaos standards, they're incredibly fucking stupid.
Sounds like something that should be fixed
>>
>>43735239
I agree. I wish Chaos in general had more going for it than Stupid Evil. I'm cool with it being evil, but there's just so little to work with when it comes to Chaos, and especially Khorne.

Actually, that's not entirely true. There's a lot to work with when it comes to Chaos, but GW writers seem to focus on the minimal aspects of it.

>Be devoted with a logical outlook Imperial
>Thing goes wrong
>Fall to Chaos out of desperation
>Gibbering retard within a century

Even the Sith have more variety than that.
>>
>>43728785
>Favourite
Necrons

>Least Favourite
Space Wolves/Blood Angels tie. Something about both of them rubs me the wrong way.
>>
File: Sek.jpg (57 KB, 451x771) Image search: [Google]
Sek.jpg
57 KB, 451x771
>>43735142
Sons of Sek, Blood Pact... Abnett's all I'm coming up with here.
>>
>>43735340
>Sons of Sek, Blood Pact.
Didn't know they were Khorneflakes
>>
>>43735408
Blood Pact are blatantly Khornate. As for Sek, look at the collar in the picture.

I'm not entirely sure Asphodel wasn't Khornate, which would take the cake for unusual Khornates.
>>
>>43735456
>Blood Pact are blatantly Khornate
always considered them undivided due to the lack of retardation

>As for Sek, look at the collar in the picture.
Neat-o
>>
Does anybody have a mobi, epub or pdf of the warmaster?
You know, the latest novel of Abnett
>>
>>43735542
anybody?
>>
Most favourite : pre clan raukaan iron hands, I really like the purely pragmatic approach and cold anger, plus bionics are cool

Least favourite : iron hands after clan raukaan, because seriously have you read the clan raukaan fluff
>>
>>43737334

I have in fact not. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>43737343
-They changed the names of the clan companies
- iron father is no longer a rank but an honorary title
- there's a story in it where raven guard and iron hands are fighting together and the iron hands literally stand on the edge of the battle and wait for the raven guard to all get killed before fighting
- the adeptus mechanicus have a seat on the iron council (no longer clan council) which is heresy
- a bunch of iron hands get corrupted by some demon made from ferrus manus when he died
- each clan is no longer mostly independent and are basically just normal space marine companies but with names rather than numbers
- and I think in some of the art the wrong gauntlet is painted silver
>>
>>43735542
>>43736128
DOn't think it's out yet. Fucker is doing jackshit. He was originally supposed to put it out a year ago.
>>
>>43737424
There's two things I would argue about:

The fluff has said many times that the IH in general have quite a hate boner for the other fractured legions remnants, RG and Salamenders, for their supposedly weakness on Istvaan 5. It's a bit of a stretched, but it doesn't really surprises me.

The silver gauntlet is actually not a problem, because lots of IH have both hands in bionics. Now, If they only put one gauntlet in metal, and the wrong one, that's shit.
>>
>>43734276
>I know that Khorne is SUPPOSED to have other aspects, like honor
Actually he isn't. thats fan myth
>>
>Favorite:
Sons of Antaeus. Almost no fluff but I still really like the idea of even bigger marines, unstoppable juggernauts, walking tanks, slowly coming to you.

Least favorite:

Good question. I'd say Tyranids and Newcrons.
Tyranids because, as another anon said, they're very bland, no character, and newcrons because I don't like their design. I like the fact that they are given personalities, but godamn, mummies in space is just plain lazy.
>>
favourite: Iron Warriors and DKoK because over the top grimderp edginess

least favourite: Space Wolfs
>>
>all these people complaining about 5e GKs when before, they had literally NO fluff that wasn't ripped from a Black Library book or fancanon
>on top of it, they could actually work the way they were said to in lore on the table, with a handful of warriors able to successfully take on many times their numbers
It seems more like people are butthurt their fancanon was exposed for what it was more than anything else. It's certainly not like they PLAYED Daemonhunters on the table.
>>
>>43737629
I believe this anon is right.
>>
>>43737629
Same goes for the Ward hate. Everything he wrote about Ultramarines was a thing before him.
>>
>>43737629
And since I want to be on topic
>Favorite
Blood Angels/Goff orks, because sometimes you just gotta go fast to get stuck in.
>Least
Eldar, period. They, as a legacy issue, can NOT help but be the best army in the game by rote, and have been in every single fucking edition of the game they have been updated to. Some army builds could hard counter them, but on the whole, they are the best because they were designed to be and GW won't abandon the legacy numbers that make them the best.
>>
>>43737561
Are you me?
Though, I have to add to least favorite...
>Tau
I don't feel like they fit the setting overwhelmingly well.
Not to mention, there's larger forces that could do with armies.
Fuck, it would've been better if they had just been in a Codex: Xeno Minoris.
>>
>>43728785

>Favourite

In a universe where so many armies are horribly one note, Eldar are a welcome breath of diversity.

>Least favourite

WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF WOLF.
>>
>>43737444
>Fucker is doing jackshit
Hey, he's got doctors orders to do jackshit.

Turns out he was doing too much shit and it was negatively impacting his health.
>>
>>43731586
Not surprised that a damn monkeigh would say this. To busy throwing shit at each other to recognize the glory of the Eldar
>>
>>43737561
You i like you someone who recognizes the shit which is the Space Wolves
>>
>>43737725
Ignorant monkeigh the Eldar are superior to all you lower species it makes sense we would kick your ass
>>
>>43728785
You sound like you came straight from 1d4chan newfag.
>>
Favorite
Eldar as previously stated they are much more diverse and less one sided than most factions

Least Favorite
Definitely the Space Wolves no question about it literally borderline retarded Space Vikings with literally no well thought out fluff and at best questionable decision making skills
>>
File: 1441932764716.png (995 KB, 590x865) Image search: [Google]
1441932764716.png
995 KB, 590x865
>>43728785
>Favorite
Sisters of Battle
Guardsmen are SUPPOSED to be the whole "normal humans fighting against unknowable evil" thing, but they have kind of fucked that up over the years by giving the Guard some of the biggest and best guns around. I still remember when the Leafblower guard list was going around and thinking "and these guys are supposed to be the underdogs?"

Sisters have a better schtick on top of that, being martyrs who will willingly sacrifice themselves for others, a bit like the Lamenters actually.
>least favorite
GK.
The "secret incorruptible warriors" worked better when they were a minor faction with barely any fluff, and furthermore were folded into Daemonhunters alongside the Inquisition.
Now however, with the expansion of the fluff the GKs are turning up all over the place, and you simply can't mindwipe everyone to keep it a secret.
Furthermore they feel like the 6-bladed-razor of factions, we already had Space Marines, who were THE BEST OF THE BEST with ATSKNF, 1000 initiates dying for each successful marine, having very few numbers but still kicking ass, and GKs bring literally nothing new to the table besides trying to turn those traits up to 11. Again, GKs worked as part of Daemonhunters because they were just one small part of a much larger organization.
>>
>>43737629
>It seems more like people are butthurt their fancanon was exposed for what it was more than anything else
No, it's because a minimalist approach is better than overt shit. At this point having NO fluff for the Grey Knights would be better than most of what we have now.
>>
>>43728785
favourite: imperial fists
least favourite: iron warriors

anybody surprised?
>>
>>43739322
But Imperial Fists are just retarded Iron Warriors literally look at the Iron Cage if you dont believe me charging into a deathtrap the Iron Warriors set up for the lols cause MUH HONUR
>>
>>43728785
Lamenters are the worst chapter. Space Marines aren't supposed to care about mortals. Fags.
>>
>>43739348
If you think any of the primarchs were non retarded in any way you're the retard. I like Dorn because of his honesty and loyalty.
>>
>>43739348
About the Iron Cage though, Dorn knew it was a trap and went into it anyways. He had a vision from the emperor telling him the only way to salvation was suffering so he inflicted just that on his legion. People compare the Iron Cage to the Pain Glove usually, you go into the Pain Glove knowing you can't win but you go in anyways for spiritual and physical mortification/discipline it brings with it.
>>
>Favorite
Death Guard; I love their slow reaping advance, and chem-weapons.

>Least Favorite
Sisters of battle. I actually really like the army and their fluff, but at least in my area the only sister's players are meta gaming assholes who only play the army to be attractive to the fem-gamers at our club.
"I play the sisters because I believe that women can be strong warriors too *heavy breathing*... m'lady."
>>
>>43728785
>favourite
Necrons. They're wonderfully cheese, have some of the most colourful characters and actually seem to be doing better and better as the time goes on rather than the opposite. Not to mention that I really like their design.

>least favourite
Tyranids, for similar reasons as >>43735072
said, they're rather bland and characterless space locusts bringing nothing new or interesting to the lore.
>>
>>43739511
>>43739482
I beg to differ both Alpharius and Magnus where definitely not retarded Horus was actually not retarded neither was Girlyman though i will agree with you than the vast majority of Primarchs had the mental capacity of overgrown vegetables. Also that is not really a fair excuse if you ask me oh its okay to get thousands of my brothers slaughtered because we need to discipline ourselves for failing when in reality they are the main reason Terra even held as long as it did they should have been given medals and investing their manpower to help the imperium in its time of dire need and instead they just willingly got themselves slaughtered by the thousands cause MUH HONUR
>>
>>43739511
Though gotta give em credit where it is due if it wasnt for the Imperial Fists we wouldn't have the Black Templars and that would be sad the Templar Brethren of the Pre Heresy Imperial Fists before they became the Black Templars where so god damn badass they gave the Emperors Children best warriors like Lucius and the Palatine Blades a run for their money
>>
>>43739348
Pert killed 10% of his legion for the sole purpose that they weren't the best.
>>
>>43737502
Well, that just makes Khorne even more lame.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.