[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Nexus Arena, 40k MOBA, Coming To Steam Early-Access December 9th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: dark nexus.jpg (116 KB, 1342x645) Image search: [Google]
dark nexus.jpg
116 KB, 1342x645
ITS HABBENING!!!!!

graphics are ok but

holy shit Possibly Playable SoB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxEMRTCPKg0

>Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena is a Shooter/MOBA hybrid from developer Whitebox Interactive. The beloved Warhammer 40,000 franchise comes to Steam Early Access, with regular updates of brand new free playable factions, game features, and more are scheduled throughout development.

>The Arena opens for everyone December 9th, 2015.

>For more information, check out: www.darknexusarena.com

Time to Jungle like a Catachan!
>>
File: Darknexuscha.jpg (226 KB, 1125x652) Image search: [Google]
Darknexuscha.jpg
226 KB, 1125x652
oh just went to their site

SoB Retributor is one of their heroes

though this is apparently more of a top down shooter objective based game (so more like Magicka Wizard Wars) than DOTA or LOL

though why couldt they have just used the Dawn of War 2 Engine/graphics.
>>
>>43724223
Because it's targeted to 40k fans, they can eat up all kinds of shitty graphics or disservice just to play with 40k shoehorned into any genre possible.
or at least, I would
>>
>>43724664
well regicide graphically wasnt bad

just really confusing gameplay wise
>>
>>43724223
They're a different company, and they don't own the Dawn of War 2 engine, so how would they use it?
>>
>>43725620
why cant they ask nicely

arent all 40k games publish by sega anyways (or is that just fantasy?)
>>
>>43724183
Poor Tau, I guess they aren't included.
>>
>>43725710
There's literally an Ethereal in the trailer.

Also, >>43724223
>>
>>43725710
How did you manage to post here despite being blind?
>>
>>43725710
>Poor Tau, I guess they aren't included.

see

>>43724223
they already get ethereal and fire warrior

so far Tyranids, Necrons, Eldar, and Dark Eldar have no playable characters

although the trailer obviously includes Dark Eldar so they must be important
>>
>>43725643
40k licence is spread far and wide. Fantasy too.

Also THQ, the company that put out the dawn of war series is dead, which usually entails the assets, especially engines, being in a legal clusterfuck of who owns what.
>>
File: Freeblade_1355.jpg (470 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Freeblade_1355.jpg
470 KB, 2048x1536
>>43725819
fun times

>Games Workshop announces THQ will be the primary/sole publisher of Warhammer 40k video games

>year or two down the line, they implode

though it is odd now that suddenly there is a FLOOD of warham games. sure most are shit, but the more the merrier eh?
>>
>>43725892
What the fuck were they THINKING making the Knight game a shitty mobile app???? Can you imagine how much money they would print if it had at least a little bit of a fuck given about it and put on consoles/PC with boatloads of stat and aesthetic customization? Is GW really this inept???
>>
>>43724223
I get the Ethereal, but srly, a fire warrior? he has nothing to do there
>>
>>43728346
>there will never be a Knight/Titan themed Mechwarrior game
>>
I'm just going to steal this youtube comment:

"You know, it's like the MOBA train left the station and said station was left unattended for 200 years and then caught fire.

Now Dark Nexus rolls up on the raggity-ass rails and goes: "CHOO-CHOO! WHO WANTS SOME MOOOOOOOOOBA!?""
>>
>>43728346
>Is GW really this inept???

>implying they have any say in how the video game is made
>implying they even know what the companies do with their IP
>>
File: screworiginiality.jpg (631 KB, 1142x1501) Image search: [Google]
screworiginiality.jpg
631 KB, 1142x1501
>>43728447
yea moba is dead

now its all about that 3rd person class based shooters
>>
i visited the studio and chatted with the devs about what they were gonna do with the game 6 months ago or so
pretty good dev team but the game isnt particularly interesting or ground breaking
>>
It's an alright game, good for a couple of matches etc

It's sort of MOBA-y, in that there's 2 main lanes and a 'jungle' in the middle. You get hero powers assigned to standard MOBA keys and there's upgrade paths/an item shop. Although the upgrades are sort of basic stuff and I can't understand why you'd ever do anything except max out damage. (but then I'm really bad at MOBAs)

The SoB is pretty fun, has a 'set up' or heavy fire mode where she moves slower but just spits out bullets with an increasing spread, which is both good and shitty, depending on what you're trying to do.

Matchmaking fucking sucks though, you spend ages waiting for a game and then if one person doesn't click 'Yes join match now' it boots you back out of the queue and you have to search all over again.
>>
>>43731658
I should probably clarify, I don't really like MOBAs but if this game actually had decent matchmaking (and I think they still shut the servers off most days) and an active playerbase then I'd play it more than I have.

Also I didn't buy into this or anything, those backer things were ridiculous. I just signed up to their newsletter ages ago and then at some point they sent me a beta/alpha code, and then later sent me a steam code.
>>
>>43729690
Honestly, if it was done well that could be a great genre for 40K game
>>
>>43732663
it would pretty much be Space Marine 2.0, now with Techmarine and Librarian class!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.