[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pulp Cthulhu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Jack Tarot.jpg (20 KB, 320x331) Image search: [Google]
Jack Tarot.jpg
20 KB, 320x331
>Playing Call of Cthulhu
>All PC's are students of Miskatonic University
>GM wants us all to have a TERRRIBLE SEEECRET for plot purposes
>Okay then
>Roll up character. Good with guns, unarmed, sneaking, and disguise
>Make him secret masked vigilante, like The Shadow or Jack Tarot
>Other PC's include mad scientist, government spy, and woman with amnesia
>Start game
>Investigating cult
>Everyone else pussyfooting around them trying not to get caught but me and mad scientist

Cont.
>>
>Me and the mad scientist kidnap a cultist
>Tie him to a chair
>"Blah blah I feer you not for you are insignificant blah blah!"
>We get the sledgehammer out
>Guy begins to get worried, still doesn't crack
>Take sledgehammer, apply to kneecap
>Turns out most cultists don't have that high a pain tolerance, who knew?
>Learn that these chucklefucks are planning something big, a fancy ritual
>Inform party members
>Together, crash ritual
>andeveryonewasakungfufightan.jpeg
>Beat up a bunch of cultists, didn't stop the ritual however
>Assholes summon some sort of gibbering mindblasting atrocity
>GM has us roll for SAN and for our ability to not run away screaming
>Every single one of us ace the roll
>character pulls out his gun, starts firing
>Spy retreats, makes a call
>Mad Scientist pulls out a mad science grenade
>AmnesiaGirl starts on a banishing ritual

Long story short, we all survived, but my guy landed in the hospital for awhile.

Anyways, next session, the GM, a bit put out, has us investigate a series of odd disappearances.

>Look into it
>Turns out the mafia are making deals with the deep ones
>Set out to sabotage them
>Do this by setting up the mob boss for murdering a public official
>Said official had actually been in the mobs pocket
>Public wants mob bosses head
>Local mob collapses
>Fishmen loose their suppliers.

Most of the campaign was like this. Our characters all acing our SAN checks and in general beating up the bad guys(Usually with our bear hands) or outsmarting them. Eventually our GM stopped rolling SAN, and the game became less like a CoC game and more like a gritty 1920's pulp adventure.

Of course, the game ended, in probably the most satisfying ways a pulpy two fisted adventure with the Mythos as a backdrop could end.
>>
>>43723053
It was like many, many years later. The youngest character, which was my vigilante, was in his 50's. The Mad Scientist had been replaced by his son, and the Goverment Agent had a new sidekick, and the amnesiac was now the head of the UN's Anti-Eldritch Abomination unit.

See, a massive coup had occured in Spain, of all places, and a new, Cthulhu worshiping regime was in power. Both the USSR and America, as well as all of Europe, were trying to snuff them out.

Thing is, they were attempting to use the resources owning a country would provide to perform a massive ritual. Knowing that the UN wouldn't be able to stop it, the anti-monster unit previously mentioned hired our guys for one last job.

We were to go in, kill the guy in charge, sabotage the ritual, and get out.
>>
Good story, why didnt you play low power lvl m&m ?
>>
lurking.
>>
We were airdropped outside madrid. Step one, get into the now locked city being patrolled by deep ones.

This was the easiest part. We just set up a bomb near one of the lesser guarded parts of the wall that had been erected. Once all the guards had gone investigating, we grappled over.

Step two, find out where the spanish leader was performing the ritual.

This was a bit trickier, since the only intel we had was the location of one of the leaders assistants.

Tracking down the assistant, he informed us that if the leader was anywhere, he was at the Church.

On our way there, the speakers all over the city turned on. It was the leader speaking. Seems he had heard of us before, because he kept going on about how this was going to be the last time we interfered.

Eventually we got to the church, and whoo boy, that thing was COVERED in deep ones, cultists, soldiers, and other assorted nasties.

So we hatched a plan. My guy beat up one of the guards, stole his clothes. NuMadScientist snuck to the bad guys limo, planted a bomb after dispatching all of it's guards and it's driver.

Goverment Agent, Sidekick, and Amnesiac snuck into the ritual site and set it on fire. At the same time, my vigilante snuck into the leaders room, informing him that there had been a attack and we needed to move him. He grudgingly agreed and moved to his limo. Right as he got in...

BOOM.

Mission accomplished, or so we thought. A siren came on right after. We had burned a decoy. The actual ritual was city wide.

Everyone in the city began to panic, and started rioting. Our PC's ran as fast as they could to the extraction point, only to find the man who was to pick them up dead and being gnawed on by some deep ones. So, after loading up on the chopper, it was soon found out that the chopper needed some fast repairs. It was at that moment our radios crame on, informing us that we needed to get out ASAP.
They were going to drop a nuke.
>>
>>43723131
Our GM considered switching over, actually, once it became apparent that this was no longer actual cosmic horror.

Anyways, we soon spotted a bunch of cultists and soldiers coming our way, looking to at least make sure we died with them. Cue all of us attempting to hold them off while NuMadScientist fixed the chopper.

Unfortunately, there were too many. So my character came up with a idea. He would distract them, lead them off, buy some time.

So he slowly began to drag them away, them in their anger and rage not realizing he was acting as bait.

Eventually, with only a few minutes on the clock, the chopper was fixed, and it rose into the air. Deciding to take a chance, NuMadScientist decided to make a check to see if he could find me.

It was a fairly hard check, but he managed to pass it. Dropping a rope, the other PC's dragged me up and then hauled off.

Campaign ended with us flying into the sunrise, a giant mushroom cloud behind us.
>>
Of course, that wasn't the END of our characters. They showed up in a few more of our games as NPC's. Never used CoC for it though.

My guy went on to found a secret order of masked crime fighters based out of Miskatonic University.

Amnesiac and the Anti-Cthulhu UN Unit basically became Delta Green meets MiB meets MI6.

Goverment Agent wound up writing a book on how to deal with threats related to the mythos.

Mad Scientist and Co. became staff at Miskatonic, setting up the Special Sciences division and helping vigilante with his stuff. Special Sciences was basically Aperture science without the deadly neurotoxin.
>>
Yeah, the loss of SAN rolls really makes the game boring, though it needs to be done with the right GM.
>>
Does anyone have the CoC copypasta where the OP is playing the only man in a party of hot-headed broads and one of the crazy dames shoots him? And there's a line about not cutting the mustard.

Figured this was a good place to ask for it.
>>
Good shit OP. If I run a lowish power superhero game I think I'll make the enemy eldritch creatures and their servants. I have always liked Hellboy, after all...
>>
That sounds pretty great, OP. Good job to all of you.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.