[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
true neutral and you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1344711012529.jpg (29 KB, 768x733) Image search: [Google]
1344711012529.jpg
29 KB, 768x733
so elegan/tg/engtlemen how do you play your true neutral characters? do you play them LOLRANDOM? or a guy who does everything to advance his own agenda?
>>
I have no opinion on the matter, one way or another
>>
>>43721637
/thread
>>
>>43721630
I have no strong feelings on this subject.
>>
>>43721630
Thyrion Lannister
>>
>>43721630
Iunno, suit yourself or something.
>>
>>43721630
I use three alignments : Order, Neutrality and Chaos.

Order is divine perfect destiny shit.
Chaos is weird fucked up magic everchanging shit.
Neutrality is mortals.
>>
A bit obsessive over something unrelated to morality whatsoever. Last time, it was knowledge. Who needs morality when you can have knowledge!
>>
>>43721630
This building deeply annoys me. That window I found most annoying. I must file a now an Official Compliant #183-A/3.
>>
>>43721630
usually comes off as both predictable and unpredictable at the same time
>>
If i die, tell my wife hello.
>>
File: MixedAlignmentsTN.png (133 KB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
MixedAlignmentsTN.png
133 KB, 400x430
>>43721630
I play them as an individual with no strong leanings one way or another.
Usually with a strong devotion to the party, with an awareness that their actions may be good, evil, lawful, or chaotic.
The group matters more to them than any of that.
>>
I play True Neutral like a normal person; They have strong motivations and try just as hard to achieve their goals as any of the other alignments, their goals just don't align with a cosmic struggle between Good and Evil or Law and Chaos.

They want to live comfortably, have a family, gain respect, learn how something (and/or everything) works, live forever, get that inn they always dreamed of owning, see the world, protect their friends, be remembered throughout history for their deeds, finally beat that smug fucker Thorvic whose pigs have stolen best in show in the village's annual harvest festival for the last three years, etc. No solemn oaths to protect the land and all its inhabitants with their life, no determination to show that ineffectual guild of stage magicians what TRUE SORCERY is, no inciting rebellions for the sake of rebellion, and no ranting about the traditions and moral integrity of our people being imperiled by teenagers wearing foreign clothes and listening to that Devil Music.

This isn't to say that any character who doesn't explicitly pick a side in the big four-way ideological showdown is Neutral. If someone has goals that aren't inherently bad but is willing to kill and abuse others to accomplish them, they're still evil, but sort of a different kind of Evil than people who try to justify it as a concept with ideas about Survival of the Fittest or something. Likewise, someone who consistently chooses to help others at the risk of their own well-being can be Good even if they don't believe in objective morality, and sometimes a better kind of Good than people who were always able to see their actions in the context of a universal battle for the fate of creation.

And obviously people who claim to be an alignment, and actually believe so themselves, but don't have the conviction to meaningfully put it into practice are probably just True Neutral.
>>
>>43721630
You're in it for yourself, but you do have some level of ethics. You are happy to walk idiots into a trap or kill some evil person when it suits you, but you aren't going to be a dick and burn down villages or run ponzi schemes on people who aren't already terrible human filth. Your actions aren't worthy of sainthood but all of your arguably reprehensable acts all have a justification, such as unleashing a demon on a camp of bandits who had pillaged and murdered an entire village. Or flooding a tunnel in which a cult ceremony is taking place, drowning all the cultists involved. Or scamming the fae into freeing people.
>>
I once played one who decided everything by flipping a coin.
>>
>>43727755
Thats chaotic Neutral.
>>
>>43721630
>True Neutral

You look out for yourself first, but then you also look out for your friends and family. Your goal isn't to change the world, just to get what you want out of it, that doesn't mean you have to be an asshole but you aren't forced to being a goody twoshoes or going out of your way to enforce laws or break them, mostly because of how subjective all that stuff is.

true neutral best real life alignment
>>
>>43721630
I play someone with no especially strong opinions when it comes to the subject of compliance with laws, or the importance of benevolence.
>>
> LOLRANDOM? or a guy who does everything to advance his own agenda?
These describe shittily played CN and an actual NE character.

I play them as someone unswayed. Someone who may do good or evil depending on the situation, may follow the law or not depending as well. Basically a reed in the storm, bending to the wind.
>>
File: IMG_0836.jpg (82 KB, 232x288) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0836.jpg
82 KB, 232x288
>using alignments
>ever
Put the players into the world, let them do what they will, and show them the consequences. Forcing your players to act according to a vague two-word tag is a sign of bad DMing.
>>
>>43727582
couldnt have said it better
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.