[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: They see me rolling.png (943 KB, 1519x1181) Image search: [Google]
They see me rolling.png
943 KB, 1519x1181
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread >>43710812

Discussion of the day:
>How to build proper party cohesion
>Group build vs. Individual build
>Why Swashbucklers are still garbage
>>
Post your magical realm.
>>
>>43719307

A game that doesn't die, and where you're free to optimize as you see fit as long as it doesn't get excessive.
>>
When can this be added to the pastebin so I can stop posting it?
http://pastebin.com/BuSCnkyy
>>
>>43719307
My magical realm is well role played characters and a good story
>>
File: docking.png (65 KB, 250x729) Image search: [Google]
docking.png
65 KB, 250x729
>>43719307
Well it was either that or helplessly impregnated pixies, but one of those is not quite blue-board qualified as far as images go.
>>
>>43719179
First everyone in the group accuses my barbarian of having poor dental hygiene.
Then the sheriff threatens me because I picked up some garbage from the burned caravans. Then the stupid fighter makes sure to describe herself as flexing and constantly brags about her strength.
Now the fucking mayor is insinuating that I'm a dirty savage and I can't do shit?

I vow from this day to take no bullshit. The town probably only has 50 or so weak human guards, I could probably kill everyone if I felt like it. I better get some damn respect.
>>
>>43719307
A party of players who build their characters for flavor and roleplaying rather than just killing everything that moves.

In fact, replace "party" with "system".
>>
>>43719339
>And people wonder why barbarians all end up chaotic evil berserkers.
>It must have been those lyre dirges. Kids these days don't know what good music's like.
>>
>>43719336
>Kusuha and Seolla
?
>>
>>43719284
>Discussion of the day:
>>How to build proper party cohesion
Simple, determine with the DMs help what the campaign will be about, then determine a collective goal, then determine how to go about, as a group effort, seeing that goal through.
>>Group build vs. Individual build
Group is almost always superior in the long run; a party that optimizes together can ensure they cover for each other's weaknesses, and avoid unnecessary redundancy (some redundancy is actually ideal, as a reality of actual games is occasional absence of a player).
>>Why Swashbucklers are still garbage
Because a certain Cavalier Archetype is just flatly better, and Path of War does the whole counter thing WAY better. Frankly, the nonmagical Paizo classes are basically obsolete if you include DSP content, for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>43719307
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/qlippoth/qlippoth-shoggti
One of these guys dumbing a woman down to the point of mindlessness, fucking her, then mind controlling her into fucking other Qlippoth because it's an ass.
Perhaps it does this with different women over time.
>>
>>43719366
bitch fighters are now
TIER
FUCKING
FOUUUR

someday swashbucker's time will come
>>
File: both.png (1 MB, 1366x767) Image search: [Google]
both.png
1 MB, 1366x767
>>43719307
>>
>>43719349
>Different system
Great, glad to hear it, now kindly go somewhere besides the Pathfinder General, since we actually want to and enjoy playing Pathfinder here.
>>
>>43719362
Symmetrical Docking!
>>
>>43719356
Look at Conan, he didn't even have a beard or speak english coherently and he still kicked everyone's ass. I do nothing but help civilization and people don't even give me respect for it.
>>
>>43719375
>bitch fighters are now
>TIER
>FUCKING
>FOUUUR
And Aegii are T3, so are every Initiator, I really don't see your point.
>>
>>43719307
What if it involves consensual handholding or is that too lewd?
>>
>>43719307
Gender bender, although mostly I just play female characters when I get the chance because it's not an overt or disruptive thing.
>>
File: R90.gif (1 MB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
R90.gif
1 MB, 480x319
>>43719284
Creative uses for spheres of annihilation.
>>
>>43719387
I don't want a different system... more that I wish Pathfinder were just "tweaked" a bit in certain areas. Sorry, my post probably came off as more troll'ish than I intentioned.
>>
>>43719403
some of us are trapped in the hell of 1pp only

the swashbuckler's day shall come

WE SHALL OOVERRCOOOME
>>
What's your average wealth per level for a character?

I know there are charts but everyone's different, I'm at level 3 and still don't have enough to buy magic items or good armor.
>>
>>43719418
So play a Magus.

Or a Druid.
>>
>>43719421
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement

At level 3 you are supposed to have 3,000gp worth of stuff.
>>
File: such thirst.png (69 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
such thirst.png
69 KB, 471x480
>>43719307
a realm where shitposters are torn apart by wild gorillas
>>
>>43719435
>i want to play x class
>play y class instead!

fucking retard
>>
>>43719418

Oh, the Swashbuckler. One day they'll get around to making you not suck.
>>
>>43719435
Some people want to stab someone with a sword without subsystem use. I'm occasionally one of them. Even when I play initiators I just spam the same stuff because it's my coolest moves.
>>
File: disdain for martials.png (197 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdain for martials.png
197 KB, 400x462
>>43719443
> no WANT play class that do thing i want, me am HAVE TO write 'swashbuckler' at top of sheet. is ROLEPLAY
>>
>>43719421
The game is literally meant to function at the WBL guidelines, if you aren't receiving it your GM is weakening your characters arbitrarily.

>>43719443
>hurr I want to use shitty mechanics because the class has cool fluff attached!
Classes are just number systems, if you can't re fluff, you're the retard.
>>
File: Smile.jpg (48 KB, 500x160) Image search: [Google]
Smile.jpg
48 KB, 500x160
>>43719307
They think it's their magical realm, and I just sit back and twist it to my purposes.

Smut is fun, but nothing beats the look on their faces as their favorite treat turns to ashes in their mouths.

A man's kitsune waifu is slowly exposed to radiation poisoning, losing all her fur and hair, leaving her a withered, rat-like humanoid. More Skaven than kitsune.

Slime girls are slipped a flesh warping poison and boil out into cancerous, auto-cannibalistic, fleshy masses.

The mech jockey is sovereign glued inside his mech, his engine sabotaged, trapped and left to boil alive inside his now climate un-controlled cockpit.

A pilebunker explodes, obliterating the operator's hands.

Downtime is injected into a long-running campaign, obliterating WBL and ripping chunks out of the game's lifespan as the DM begins to burn out from the power-ramp.

A wonderful village slowly has more stimulants introduced into their water supply.
Sleep begins to become scarce, flesh ages faster, tolerance forms, they need more and more, none can leave without hideous withdrawal, the society prospers from the increase in functionality...
Then the source gets purified and the entire society collapses in a withdrawal-fueled rampage.

A player's perfect waifu crumbled into dust in their arms as the charm maintaining the homunculus breaks apart.

A character's backstory is revealed as nothing more than a drug-induced inserted memory. Nothing more than a brain-washed body double.

Such a lovely time we'll all have.
>>
File: fuck magic.png (249 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
fuck magic.png
249 KB, 1200x1000
>>43719454
>want to play a martial
>be told by autist to play a caster

What are you not getting about this
>>
>>43719454
>suggesting classes that don't fit the concept even if you refluff, then complaining when called on being a retard

Druid does not give "agile, daring combatant who can parry your attacks out of the way." Magus /barely/ does, and only works if you want to be stabbing people with electrified swords.

1pp doesn't have a good way to do it except kinda-sorta now with fighter.
>>
File: Img0018.jpg (33 KB, 320x423) Image search: [Google]
Img0018.jpg
33 KB, 320x423
>>43719380
Mostly unrelated, but this made me remember that I want to play a witch sometime in the near future.

Anyway... witches look pretty awsome, but how do they go about doing most of their damage? They don't seem to have many spells for it like wizards do, unless you go with the "elemental" style of patron.
>>
>>43719421
I've got maybe 1,000 tops
I got a belt of ant haul and muleback cords which are worth about 3,000gp, but the GM just gave us those to help us carry more loot so selling them is out of the question.

He's stated previously that the max we'll get by the end of our quest in the starting town we'll have gotten a total of 2,000gp which seems like shit to me, since I've looked at the chart and yeah we're supposed to have ~2000gp by 2nd level.
>>
Does anyone have the Inner Sea Races PDF?
>>
>>43719500
Use Downtime God's guide and make infinite money. Then piss in his face.

>>43719509
Probably. It's over 8MB, though.
>>
>>43719489
>implying that shit doesn't make me diamonds
give me them not-skaven mang
>>
>>43719489
That's a little edgy, don't you think?
>>
>>43719518
post it up on mega or something pls
>>
>>43719455
Everything costs the same, so if I want a magic weapon it's still 2000gp for a +1, but at 3rd level I've got 400gp. I spent about 300gp on armor and weapons, so total I've had ~700gp.
>>
>>43719499
I was surprised that they don't get a single damaging cantrip.
>>
>>43719518
8MB isn't that much. Oh wait, you're talking about /tg/'s limit aren't you?

I'm fine with mega.
>>
>>43719523
That's why it's my magical realm.
It's too self-indulgent in its edginess.

People wanted candid answers, I gave candid answers.
>>
>>43719529
>>43719538
I'll post the mega I got ISR and a lot of other shit from, then.

https://mega.nz/#F!Xdglia6b!MbyyqQK6u0tWWSAimsIjiw!qNY1gAbY
>>
File: 58-img-06.jpg (759 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
58-img-06.jpg
759 KB, 750x1000
>>43719499
They have some blasting spells, but their spell list has a lot more buffs, debuffs, utility, summoning, and other spells. Honestly, these spells are more useful than equivalent blasting spells most of the time.

Not that you can't have fun blasting and with the right build blasters can do well, but if you're going for optimization as a witch blasting won't be your focus.
>>
>>43719564
thanks senpai
>>
>>43719564
Thank you so much, Anon <3.
>>
>>43719573
My group pretty much disallows summoning because it's "complicated" and nobody wants to keep track of a bunch of stat sheets and stuff for summons... hardass GM was barely convinced to let rangers/druids have their animal companions as it is.

Anyway, discounting summons, witches do what exactly? Buffs and Debuffs? Killing things is a pretty good debufff... but I guess I should just play a wizard if I want that, huh?
>>
>>43719623
Blasting is only good if you've taken the Sorc dip for it, you should be debuffing things into a state where those that can deal the big numbers without expending almost any daily resource can take them down with no risk.
>>
So how is everyone's campaign going?
>>
>>43719623
>hardass GM was barely convinced to let rangers/druids have their animal companions as it is.
Domain is better for the Druid anyway.

Witches, with their Hexes and Bestow Curse + Spectral Hand, are in the running for absolute best casting debuffer in the game. Cleric can do a lot of mathematical debuffing, but it comes on later and is limited by daily spell slots and such for the best effects, but Hexes are at will (just limited by target by day).

Take Evil Eye, Misfortune, Slumber and Cackle, with a couple Hex feats for them, and stack the shit out of INT (Half-Orc Witch Doctor is fantastic at this; effective 24 INT at 1st level is possible).
>>
>>43719650
>>43719668
So what do I do if my character ends up separated from the party or something? Is there even a single "bread and butter" damage ability they can take? Kinda like what Shocking Grasp is for Maguses?

Also explain to me this "effective 24 int at level 1" build.
>>
File: 1422335773792.jpg (210 KB, 771x1100) Image search: [Google]
1422335773792.jpg
210 KB, 771x1100
>My level 5 Arcane Builder from the last thread
>decide to take his build to 20 because why not, might as well plan early
>two age categories
>25 point buy
>Human
>level 5
>Traits: Spark of Creation & Clever Word Play (UMD)

>Base Scores
>Str: 5
>Dex: 10
>Con: 12
>Int: 22
>Wis: 14
>Cha: 10

>Level 1 Feat
Arcane Builder (Wondrous items)
>Wizard Bonus
Scribe Scroll
>Human Bonus
Racial Heritage (Dwarf)
>Level 3 Feat
Brew Potion
>Level 3 Wizard Bonus
Craft Wondrous
>Level 5 Feat
Craft Magic Arms & Armor
>Level 5 Wizard Bonus
Craft Wand
>Level 7 Feat
Forge Ring
>Level 9 Feat
Craft Rod
>Level 10 Wizard Bonus
Craft Construct
>Level 11 Feat
Craft Staff
>Level 13 Feat
Arcane Builder (Weapons & Armor)
>Level 15 Feat
Spell Focus Transmutation
>Level 15 Wizard Bonus
Arcane Bulder (Craft Construct)
>Level 17 Feat
Improved Spell Focus Transmutation
>Level 19 Feat
Spell Perfection
>Level 20 Wizard Bonus
Immortality (because why not)

Because why not?
>>
The rules for weapon creation are just guidelines, made on the safe side. I remember reading a sorcerer guide, and it suggested having an enchanted cestus for weapon enchantments while still being able to have both hands free. But I wanted more, and now I have it.

A simple weapon (4) with additional design points (2) and masterwork fragile cheesing (1) and lesser damage (1) gives me 8 points to work with. Attached x2 (3) gives me a weapon I can always wear for the bonuses and never worry about getting in the way of using other weapons or other tasks. Give it shield (1) and it can get shield enchantments and enchanted armor spikes. Make it strong (1) and concealable (1). Spend two points to make it able to do blunt, smash, or pierce and now it qualifies for nearly every shield and weapon enchant.

I can have a constant courageous, menacing, defiant, allying, guardian +5 weapon with dueling, determination, glamered tagged on and I've got basically an extra item slot for a simple weapon. The world's best poke/smash/cut spiky block glovewep in the world.

Lets say I qualify as my own ally so that I transfer the +5 bonus my allying weapon has to my other weapon. I can dual wield my custom weapon with my 2h weapon. Instead of a +5 vorpal sword I've got a dancing keen vorpal longsword and transfer my +5 from my custom weapon to it every turn while I'm spell casting or 2hing another +5 sword. Or just have my friend hold the sword for literally one round if you say I won't be my own ally.

Also, since they don't affect my ability to hold things I've got another one on my other hand, with more magical effects I want on me constantly while I sleep. Maybe I'm fucking insane, and I make it a folding ladder tool on one hand and crobar on the other. You can't stop me /pfg/ I'm too far gone.
>>
>>43719564
If I was looking for Occult Bestiary, what folder is that?
>>
>>43719668
>Bringing up the Witch Doctor after what Paizo did to it.
Still makes me really mad. It left me scarred.
>>
>>43719690
Scarred witch doctor got changed from Con-based to giving you +2 effective Int. Buy a base 18 score. Be a +2 Int tiefling with racial heritage (orc), take another +2 Int from the 1d100 alternate features table. You now have an effective 24 Int.

Or you can be half-orc and do most of the above for 22 Int and a lot less hassle.
>>
>>43719653
In an irc campaign right now. Nobody can make the time for our usual sessions anymore, so we haven't played in a month or so, and the GM want to switch at least partially to play by post because that would actually be faster.

I fucking hate play by post.
>>
>>43719716
Be an aged tiefling for an additional +2, for effective 26
>>
>>43719690
One of the basic rules of DnD and alikes: NEVER EVER SPLIT THE PARTY. Shit happens when you do so. You can always make it so that you can run faster than the enemy can catch you though.
>>
File: 1393074289305.jpg (280 KB, 727x1028) Image search: [Google]
1393074289305.jpg
280 KB, 727x1028
>>43719623
You can build a blasting witch, or any other character idea you'd like, I just wanted to give you a heads up on what to expect. With the Elements or Vengeance patron you can be get more damaging spells, but an evoker wizard or blasting sorcerer will likely do better.

Play whatever class you'd like, you don't have to be 100% optimized all the time. Also, summoning isn't really that difficult if you prepare ahead of time. The d20pfsrd has the statblocks you need, plus you can use notecards for commonly summoned monsters. Honestly, if your DM doesn't sound very fun if he had to be pushed to let rangers/druids have one of the core features of their class. That'd be like a paladin not getting to Smite Evil or Lay on Hands.
>>
>>43719690
Scarred Witch Doctor was errata'd away from Con casting to an Int bonus
>>
>>43719712
Campaign setting. Scroll down until you see Occult, it has Occult Bestiary above Occult Mysteries and below Numeria, Land of Fallen Stars.
>>
>>43719690
I typed, it should be 22 INT, but I digress. The Witch Doctor Archetype grants an extra +2 to your effective INT for hexes, spells, etc but naught else, point buy an 18 and jam the racial +2 in, tadah, 18+2+2=22.

Suppose you could eat some physical score penalties for another 2 INT if you go in as Old age if you really wanted, but those can seriously hurt.

Slumber knocks enemies unconscious, walk up and CdG them with a heavy pick (improficiency is irrelevant) for a big damage big DC save or die.

Don't go around solo though, that's almost always a horrible idea unless you're EXTREMELY sneaky and know who and what you're sneaking up on.
>>
>>43719653
>
Finally had a session last wednesday after a couple weeks of delays, got things back on track, and now we need to delay the next session until two weeks from now because of holiday overlap.

Fun game, but scheduling is a bitch.
>>
>>43719732
>tfw your party always splits
>tfw something bad always happens
>tfw we never learn

Current campaign we are so split up we don't even know each other.
>>
I need help. I need to know how to to be like Kamen Rider.

I need JUSTICE!
>>
>>43719735
Eh, GM is fine... just not alot of patience for stuff that slows the game down. To be honest, I don't blame him considering the players in our group. The last one to play a summoner would stop the game for 20 minutes every time there was combat in order to look up and compare the stats on the stuff he could summon. Everyone hated it.
>>
>>43719800
Gestalt Aegis//Synthesist Summoner.

Aegis should use the Skin form, while Synthesist should grant whatever Aegis can't give you.
>>
>>43719705
Staff sucks major dick. You could make wands for any potion spell you make. You can't stack metamagic on rods although perhaps you can get a rod of splendor and add a metamagic to it or something?

What are you getting from dwarven heritage?
>>
>>43719825
I need to be able to do this on a single character, not gestalt. Should I do a Initiator Soul Aegis (that's a thing right?) for the more high flying stuff?
>>
>tfw long as fuck group hiatus
>right when a ton of wicked shit happens
>right when you get a ton of sweet toys way stronger than your wbl
>right when the lulz are rollin in like crits on a d20 of all 20s
>finally ready to come back but everyone's schedule changed
>bring in new player, femplayer by my experience, femplayers always bring something new to the table, because everyone's so used to standard male gaming
>can't fucking rejoin because schedule conflicts
>your fun as shit character with his awesome new toys and all his lulz is forced to go on a "solo training quest" until further notice
>/tfw
>>
>>43719834
>What are you getting from dwarven heritage?

Dwarven Wizard favored class bonus increases crafting speed.
>>
>>43719834
Potions are nice if you have allies who don't have "use magic device". Although even then you're better off playing a healing/buffing class instead.
>>
>>43719836
Yeah, Aegis can give you the Power Up Suit Power and the Super Great Kung Fu Moves.
>>
If i'm a dhampir, whats the best way to heal self

send help
>>
>>43719854
Jump in a lake of superheated holy water.
>>
>>43719854
Wand of Infernal Healing, just like for everyone else, out of combat.
>>
>>43719732
Funny story about that. Since early in the existence of my current gaming group, we have this habit of running fairly complex plans/heists/attacks on places, often involving multiple moving parts and yes, party splits.

Our DM has gotten very good at handling them, to the point where the current game is often split into three groups at once at any given time and runs smoothly.

It's his own damn fault for running games involving shadowrun-style heists. First a cyberpunk game and now basically Shadowrun: Greyhawk. I don't think he's ever gonna learn...
>>
>>43719854
There's that one voodoo doll that deals 1 negative energy damage to someone per turn. Ganji doll?
>>
>>43719863
or you could do the not-so-fun way of course...
>>
>>43719705
Oh instead of taking craft construct you can buy the book golem manual! Won't qualify you for every construct and they are one time use items. Although if you take the feat you can make the books and give them to your buddies to allow them to also make golems. You can make a golem faster than them but you can make a bunch of golem books then have them make golems while you make golems. Haven't done the math on whether or not you should ignore making the books at all, but you could in theory settle any arguments between two people by telling them to build a golem and duke it out in the ring.

Amazing tools of manufacture are also interesting, you use your relevant craft skill check when making items and only make a single check at the end to see if you made it correctly. I dunno if doing 2k gp of work in a day in only an hour works for you.
>>
Whats the best possible build that can be made with a hooded champion ranger? Level 12, no third party.
>>
File: JoJo.png (1 MB, 1366x650) Image search: [Google]
JoJo.png
1 MB, 1366x650
>>43719307
This new bestiary just gave me free reign to do it.
>Small sized female intelligent slime that just wants you to treat her like a real girl.
>>
>>43720132
Do we have the PDF for that yet?

>>43719863
i only ask because i am making a vampire halfling

god i am a faggot
>>
>>43720177
Nah, the book came out today, it'll take a while for whoever has it to scrub it.
>>
>>43719564
>My mega is getting posted
Makes me feel warm and fluffy inside.
>>
>>43720132
>>43719284
Do you know you could craft one yourself?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/item-creation-feats/craft-ooze-item-creation
>>
Anyone ever want to make a character with leadership just so you can make the cohort to follow them? Like, the PC isn't your REAL character, the Cohort is, the PC is just someone there for your character to serve and protect.
>>
>>43720550
Yeah, Noble Scion PC with an awesome bodyguard
>>
>>43720550
I've made a character that's been a cohort sworn to serve and protect another PC... does that count?

Otherwise the closest I've ever come was playing a witch who's familiar pretty much made almost all of her choices for her and did most of the speaking for her (said familiar was actually a subconscious manifestation of her own power/subconscious though... so in a way it sorta WAS her making all these choices.)
>>
If you're grappled, can you initiate a maneuver?
>>
>>43720796
As long as you can perform that maneuver with one hand, yes I believe so.
>>
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=613635

Would anyone mind looking over this sheet, please? I'm a little bit concerned about it potentially being unbalanced.

It does enough reliable damage that most encounters solvable through that aren't a serious issue, it's got good base saves and a +23 Sense Motive to fuel Sanguine Perseverance if need be, and the Spellcraft rolls to identify what really needs to get a counter used for it. It's got okayish AC, CMD is decent but not amazing. Multiple counters to deal with just about every type of attack.

Just kinda worried about it potentially trivializing combat. Game is a semi-solo Mythic game where we're technically a party, but are often split up on our own things.

I know it has issues about potentially being grappled, that it currently lacks flight, and that it's movement options could use a bit of work, but overall it seems like it'd be fairly strong to be honest.
>>
>>43719284
>Why Swashbucklers are still garbage
Hey, Swashbuckler is an AMAZING class to dip one level into because Opportune Parry and Ripose is actually pretty good but everything else is meh
>>
>>43720550
I've done it the other way around; the cohort was the daughter of the king of a small but extremely powerful kingdom of manifesters, and I was her sworn guardian. We were very much a walking trope, her the naive princess and I the world-wise, stoic protector. She was a Wilder and I a PsyWar, and the rest of the party was around T3 like I was, so even though she was 2 levels behind, she contributed just as much as the rest of us, but being a Chaotic Wilder her effectiveness was fairly unpredictable.

One of the constant conflicts she had was her inability to control her powers, and the irony was that unpredictability only grew as the levels went on. Eventually she embraced it and started Surging almost every time, for better or worse.

It was one of those rare cases where the GM controlling the cohort entirely was something I actually wanted, but I had mechanical control.
>>
>>43720833
A guy I am playing with is doing a Flying Blade Swashbuckler. Should I be worried at how shit he will be?
>>
>>43720857
Flying Blade is okay in my opinion, still shit by virtue of being a Swash but he won't be to bittfucked.
>>
>>43720857
he'll be shit but its not as bad as we all joke about

still bad though, rogue, ninja, unchained monks, gunslingers are all about the same tier as swashbucklers.
>>
File: ad weap training.jpg (1 MB, 4520x3200) Image search: [Google]
ad weap training.jpg
1 MB, 4520x3200
Reminder that fighters are now

T I E R 4
>>
Bloodrager/shadow dancer
Acceptable idea or just dumb?
>>
>Reading through the stats of the Iconics for the first time
Holy shit they are build like crap.
>>
File: melee weapon mastery.jpg (1 MB, 4550x3200) Image search: [Google]
melee weapon mastery.jpg
1 MB, 4550x3200
>>43720874
TIIIIIIIEEEEEER
FOUUUUUUR
>>
>>43720876
Shadowdancer is pretty bad desu senpai. What do you want from it?
>>
File: ranged weapon mastery.jpg (1 MB, 4521x3200) Image search: [Google]
ranged weapon mastery.jpg
1 MB, 4521x3200
>>43720886
>>43720874
TIER FUCKING FOUUUR
>>
>>43720823
You shouldn't waste that many Tier path abilities into Armor Master; a +1 Mithral Fusing Fullplate/Hellknight plate starts out at -2 ACP and +4 Max dex bonus, Clad In Steel removes the ACP and boosts the max dex bonus to +5 at level 6, and to +6 at level 12, you aren't likely to get more without investing all into it. Get some stat boosting and Mythic Display of Wisdom instead.
>>
So, according to this:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs

You can wear a construct the same size as you as armour.
But...
But how High does this stack go?
Can i have my Iron golem wear an iron golem, who, in turn, is wearing another Iron golem?
How deep can this nightmarish clown car-esque golem pile go?
>>
>>43720893
oh I just found the "-teleports behind you- Pssh, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, kid" idea hilarous, nothing else
>>
>>43720921
I mean, you could probably do it.
It'd be bad, but.
You can do it.
>>
>>43720900
Armor Master also removes the speed penalty and allows sleeping in armor, or that's what the GM said it did.

As for Display of Wisdom, that's a Free Action, which means it doesn't boost my counters. For offense, I'm already rocking the Zenith line at +25 base, with +30 if I'm boosting, for triple damage. Legendary Item allows that to be against touch, doubles the total damage. Lighting Recovery lets me recover it, for another +25 swing against touch at x3 and then doubling the total.
>>
>>43720921
There are better ways to do that but if you are interested in a two-handed shadowdancer I can link a guide.
>>
>>43720933
What is your answer to incorporeal and swarm enemies?
>>
>>43720933
>Display of Wisdom doesn't boost counters
Well, fuck. Good thing DM in my campaign lets me basically read minds when my pumped up Sense Motive roll breaks the 70 value.
Mithral Armor with the Fusing capability counts as light armor, which doesn't have a speed penalty and you can sleep in light armor though.
>>
>>43720914
Doesn't do anything, man. The FAQ says that if the armor is resistant or immunity to anything, then the attack ignores the armor instead. The armor, as a Construct, has Hardness. It's therefore resistant to all damage, and therefore all damage ignores it.

Paizo, everyone.
>>
>>43720946
Both of them can still be hit, even if there's a miss chance. Swarms take half damage, and that character can do enough damage to nearly ignore HP at it's level.
>>
>>43720950
>The armor, as a Construct, has Hardness.
You need to rephrase this. All Armor has Hardness, not all Constructs do.
>>
>>43720950
No, it was more for the the effect on "you destroy an Iron golem. A new golem emerges from the wreckage, like a horrifying butterfly leaving the cocoon."
I don't care about practicality. I just want 1000 golems in the same square.
>>
>>43720958
Find one that lacks it.
>>
>>43720960
Only the Creator of Construct Armor can wear it.
Golems can't Construct themselves.
>>
>>43720974
But anon.
You can awaken constructs now.
We can have wizard golems.
>>
>>43720967
... Kay.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/cobra-constructs/iron-cobra

It has DR, not Hardness. Similar, but not the same; Hardness applies to physical and energy damage (none of which is halved, it is only halved for objects), but DR only works against physical damage.
>>
>>43720980
Is it possible to maximize and empower an awakened golem?
>>
>>43720562
Something along those lines yeah.
>>43720570
Eeh
>>43720841
Sounds pretty fun. I hate how people underestimate the value of random shit happening in games. Some of the most amusing moments have happened due to powers going out of wack, magic items that cause random effects (deck of many lulz anyone?), and of course the all powerful effects of a literally insane PC.
>>
>>43721009
I'm not sure that'd do anything. You aren't creating it with the awaken, just adding soul/intelligence.
>>
>>43720980
...Okay.
Let's say we have five Golem Wizards. We'll call them A through E, with A at the center. A is in control.

Any attacks directed at A first damage B. However, the attack was not directed at B, so C doesn't take any damage. Let's say A is getting whooped and B dies. A has to spend time equal to that of removing a breastplate to remove the remains of B. The corpse of B is still wearing C, but because B cannot order C to let him out because he is Dead, by RAW, C through E are stuck embedded in this corpse until someone removes C from him.

Sorry, but the mechanics don't work like Russian nesting dolls.
>>
>>43721014
You make the first one, each one after makes the next.
>>
File: just shit.png (209 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
just shit.png
209 KB, 500x674
>>43720898
I'm the only tier four damage pg with 2 tier one damage pgs (just reached the 7 level)
>JUST
>>
>>43721033
the fuck are you trying to say nigger
>>
>>43720886
Cold Iron and Mithral are fantastic for Weapon Material Mastery. Spell cut is great as well, as is cut from the air. Dear lord.
>>
>>43721033
>Tier 1 PCs
>Doing plain hit point damage
I hope they're having fun.
Because I wouldn't.
I would vomit everywhere.
I'm violently allergic to wasted potential.
>>
>>43721014
I'm of the impression that awakening something, though, means you roll 3d6 for its intelligence score. Since it's a variable numeric effect, maximizing and empowering it would give you 18+1d6, which is a great start on the path of an intelligence based class.
>>
>>43721040
Didn't Paizo used to have this giant Immovable Rod up their asses about not ever ever ever including active defenses for martials?
I guess DSP has been making them look rather shit.
>>
>>43720982
It's still resistance, which means it doesn't work.
>>
>>43721040
Some of the advanced weapon training are also great if not as flashy, off the top of my head i think Versatile Training, Armed Bravery. Weapon Specialist could be beastly too, if it scales up with your level, because it become potentially 4 feats for 1.
>>
>>43721060
Well, yes, of course.
I was only arguing your phrasing, not your intent.
>>
Is a Sylph Sky Druid worth playing?
Not as in, overpowered or powergamey, but does the novelty/fun of it run out after a while?
The 2nd level constant feather fall makes me want to play an adrenaline junkie who gets a thrill out of falling from incredibly high places, possibly as some sort of sky-lancer.
I also really want to drop a whole bunch of weighted bolts from terminal velocity out of a bag of holding.
>>
>>43721092
Link for review.
>>
>>43721104
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-sylph/sky-druid-druid-sylph
>>
>>43721092
Looks like a pretty standard druid
>>
>>43721039
I'm not used with /tg/'s jargon
I'm a paladin with a Druid and a wizard in the group
>>
>>43721110
It is for the most part, but I like the constant feather fall and infinite flight abilities for fluff purposes. There's definitely way more efficient and faster ways to get similar results, but this seems to fit the character I've been thinking of the most.
I'm just worried about the novelty wearing off and reverting to standard druid play after a while.
>>
>>43721118
Tiers aren't about damage they're about versatility.

>>43721123
I dunno just turn into an eagle and shit. With classes as versatile as the Druid its up to you to really play as unique as possible
>>
>>43721092
Well, as far as novelty goes, Fly for minutes per day and constant Feather Fall gives you a lot of interesting maneuverability. Being able to say "falling is a free action" so often sounds fun. You gain WS late, but strangely it doesn't work at a detriment once you get it like similar archetypes do, so you can freely turn into big birds or air elementals or whatever for even more flying around. Hilariously, you might be able to stack Spheres Druid with this, and focus on Wind from the Weather sphere and at 9th level fly around inside tornadoes and just not give a shit at all. Stack on Precipitation and you can fly around within a tornado while dunking a lightning strike on one enemy for free every single round. If that's not a novel build, iunno what is for this case.

Eventually, you don't even need to shapeshift to fly around, you just get a fly speed. You can literally fly from peak to peak of a mountain range without any danger to yourself; you're an incredible pilot, since you can WS into a super teeny bird that nobody will suspect and Sylphs have a DEX bonus.
>>
>>43721132
I misenterpreted the "tier thing", thank you
>>
File: 1411119775222.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1411119775222.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>43719421
One of my characters has breached the WBL by about 1400gp at 4th level.

This is, however, by fiat of having a campaign trait written by the GM that throws 1kgp at my character every four weeks in-game.

On the other hand, my pirate has just achieved.... 4th level average WBL. At 8th level.
This is the same GM who didn't want to let me apply the effects of a called shot to the head on a shark, and my unchained rogue's debilitating injury at the same time.
Yes, he thinks synthsum is OP, no he doesn't allow 3pp, and yes, he just about straight-up killed my slayer with three attacks from a recent pseudo-boss fight. With pounce.

So really, no two games are the same. Not by a long shot.
>>
>>43721181
Sounds like you should dump the latter game and GM for the first group on that day.
>>
/tg/, what's the most dickass possible thing you can think of to steal off a monster with Brew Fleshcrafting Poison?

Dweaomercats, Nilbogs, Doppelrats (Can you say 20 clones of a wizard, potentially all retaining individual spells?), and anything with particularly potent natural attacks or poisons seem decent.
>>
>>43721190
I'd like to change it up, but the rest of the group (as in, the other two players and the GM) are pretty invested in it by this point, and they're all good friends.

I've even run a few games for them, using DSP books, and it's still not on the table when he's running the games. I think he's just landlocked in 1pp world.

After the semester is over, though, I'm gonna push to go back to my homebrew campaign over winter break. It trailed off due to me not having a whole lot of it written, but I'll have time to do just that when classes are over.

Oh the sights they'll see...
>>
File: 1447869604486.jpg (24 KB, 595x594) Image search: [Google]
1447869604486.jpg
24 KB, 595x594
If you could add anything to the summon monster spell from any of the first party bestiarys/other first party sources, what would you add?

Gremlin, Pugwampi for me
and the new ooze kid
>>
>>43721227
Natural Invisibility from Invisible Stalker. Shenanigans abound.
>>
>>43721260
Pugwangi is already on the list for Summon Neutral Monster summoners iirc.

I'd put Psionic monsters on it maybe.

That or some Constructs.

Or maybe a Summon Undead Monster feat that adds a bunch of non-zombie or skeleton undead monsters (since those are lame) to the list. Like Ghouls. They'd be nice.
>>
>>43721260
You can summon Pugwampi already, anon.
Just take the First Worlder Summoner archetype.
>>
>>43721306
But that's terrible.
>>
>>43721306

the first worlder summoner archtype is such a downgrade though

>>43721260

Seugathi and the stronger swarms
>>
>>43719499
I'm playing a witch, and I deal tons of damage. Okay, well, technically my party deals tons of damage, but they deal that damage because I'm making sure everything is where it's supposed to be. Black tentacles and web are staples for me, anything you can do to make it easier for the damage-dealers to deal their damage. One of the swamp hexes is pretty nice, you can create a large area of difficult terrain at will, really helps to control the flow of battle. Slumber hex followed by a coup de grace is a fan-favorite as well, but be careful not to use it too much, or your GM might decide to try to nerf it.

Plus, there are some creepy-ass spells on the Witch list, and the other players in my group aren't super-familiar with them. It may not be all that useful in ending a fight, but I love using spells like vomit swarm and skinsend, just to creep out my fellow players.

Anyway, in the end, your job as a witch is not to deal damage, it's to make is easier for the rest of the party to deal damage.
>>
>>43721227
>>43721282
Of course, if you /really/ wanted to be an asshole, you could just murder an efreeti and take their 3 wish/day ability, since you wouldn't technically count as a genie and could grant them to yourself.
>>
Other than Spiritualist and Id Rager, is there anything that interacts with phantoms or their emotional focus stuff?
>>
>>43720874
>>43720886
>>43720898
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlVOutml-M
>>
>>43719366
hey, DSP makes fighters actually decent (especially paired with lore warden or any other compatible archetypes)

especially with that weapon masters handbook stuff.
>>
Is there any way to take AoOs with thrown weapons? I know you can do it with bows and shit through hawkguard or that one feat.
>>
Aside from Vitalists and Alchemists are there any non-divine healing classes?
>>
>>43722142
Investigators can get infusion cant they?
Spiritualists get CLW on their caster list.
>>
>>43722142
Bard.
>>
File: Gareth Sleeping.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Gareth Sleeping.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
Morning /pfg/. Tomorrow I will either be absent or trying to wrap up fey!book. Either way, here for the next hour and a half or so to field questions.
>>
>>43722079
Myrmidon/lore warden/martial master and prestige into mage hunter.

Shit ton of skills/ initiator levels to 6 and spells up to 6.

Welcome to fighter/magus+
>>
File: FFT - white monk.jpg (103 KB, 1000x708) Image search: [Google]
FFT - white monk.jpg
103 KB, 1000x708
>>43722142
Bards
Skalds
Creative use of a martial disciple with Silver Crane maneuvers
Spell Sage (Wizard archetype)
Witch
White Mage (Arcanist archetype)
>>
File: Howhorrifying.png (365 KB, 736x718) Image search: [Google]
Howhorrifying.png
365 KB, 736x718
>>43722203
Good morning Gareth.
>>
File: 1446794917355.png (72 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
1446794917355.png
72 KB, 353x439
>>43722222
>that build
>those new fighter feats
>those quints
>>
>>43722079
Somebody screenshotted a post I made a while back about what a Lore Warden Martial Master Myrmidon Fighter brings to the table. Here's a recap:

>6+INT skill points per level (Virtual, as 2 of those skill points are tied to INT based skills only, not really that much of an issue)
>Skill list:Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (ALL) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
>Full BAB, D10 Hit die, Good Fort Save
>Martial Flexibility (Advanced Study is a combat feat)
>Up to 6th level maneuvers from 4 disciplines
>Grit with grit abilities that allow you to shrug off most negative effects and make you even tougher to kill or take down (+4 to a save as an immediate action? Yes please.)

They've got a nasty set of basic abilities, a lot of flexibility and a good, solid chassis. And as >>43722222 pointed out, they prestige really well. I'm looking forward to taking one into Landsknecht in a game some day.
>>
>>43722222
It's actually 9th level maneuvers because PrCs allow you to break the level cap for initiating archetypes.
>>
File: 1447841614537.png (365 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447841614537.png
365 KB, 1024x1024
>>43722259
>9th level manuevers
>>
File: 1410752354116.jpg (298 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1410752354116.jpg
298 KB, 1000x1000
>>43722203
You need more images. Seriously, just start saving shit.
>>
>>43722282
That image is a good thing right? What is that even from?
>>
>>43722284
Be careful what you wish for
>>
>>43722288
It's the "sweating man" image with Papyrus from Undertale
>>
>>43722288
It's definitely good. It means my earlier >>43722222 post got even stronger because I was working under the assumption of level 6 maneuver cap
>>
File: 1434023214791.png (273 KB, 536x458) Image search: [Google]
1434023214791.png
273 KB, 536x458
>>43722294
Nah, senpai. I'm fucking tired of looking at the same 6 image macros. It makes me not want to read Gareth's posts anymore.
>>
>>43722303
That would explain why I didn't recognize it. Thanks.

>>43722309
Yeah. Initiating archetypes have full IL progression, this means that when you take a feat like Advanced Study or a level in a PRC that grants IL, you use the maneuver progression chart for "real" initiators to determine your highest level maneuver known.

The idea is that you're investing more fully in Initiating than other people of the same archetype, so you get a bigger payout.
>>
>>43722324
Did you check last thread?

Gareth binged a quest archive for image loot.

He's several small steps away from entering the other boards for more images.
>>
>>43722203
Fey book?
Wah?
>>
File: 3DFH1Nb.gif (424 KB, 441x423) Image search: [Google]
3DFH1Nb.gif
424 KB, 441x423
>>43722324
This is the future you chose, anon.

And honestly I save anything that looks interesting that I come across but there's plenty of times I don't like an image or don't feel I'll need the reaction. Ever. Like this one: >>43722284

TL;DR I'm working on it.
>>
File: 1447912002947.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1447912002947.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>43722353
Not on my shift
>>
File: 1441282433957-2.jpg (44 KB, 474x960) Image search: [Google]
1441282433957-2.jpg
44 KB, 474x960
>>43722353
This one is great for when someone else steals your opportunity to do customer service. Or to describe the average pathfinder party in general.
>>
File: zapp1.jpg (67 KB, 607x460) Image search: [Google]
zapp1.jpg
67 KB, 607x460
Are you the kind of guy who plays neutral because they want to do both good and evil as the situation desires?

Or do you play neutral properly, and treat it as extreme an ideal as any other? Fully devoting yourself to law, chaos or neutrality not as a compromise between good and evil, but as a completely valid and self contained alternative?
>>
File: 1447646790040.jpg (214 KB, 443x618) Image search: [Google]
1447646790040.jpg
214 KB, 443x618
>>43722348
Yep! I'm writing a book dealing with fey and fey accessories, with the aid of Mrs. & Mrs. Layout, Praise Be Their Dread Names, Terrible Their Wrath, and I'm experimenting with the format. You know how we have this tendency to release large books as multiple smaller supplements? What I'm trying out - and it might turn out to be stupid and it might not - is releasing the chunks of this book in a progression that matches the slow introduction of these fey & their home, the Fairest of Lands, to the campaign setting.

I'll have to cut it up and rejigger it for the compilation, assuming there's enough sales for such a compilation, but fuck it, why bother with an online format if we're not gonna explore THE GLORIOUS POSSIBILITIES?
>>
File: 1377279972797.png (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1377279972797.png
96 KB, 400x400
>>43722454

>memegenerator

The dankest memes don't come with labels
>>
>>43722454
So presumably we will see some new fey, including psionic, akashic and initiating fey. Fey related items, spells, feats, powers etc and a lot of fluff.

But what about what everyone actually cares about gareth? What about playing as fey, fey classes, fey archetypes and/or fey prestige classes? How do i become the champion of the fey and/or an anti-fey warrior?
>>
>>43722408
I don't see how there's one way to play neutral "properly"
>>
>>43722509
Excellent chaotic neutral attitude anon! That kind of flagrant disregard for reality on the grounds its authoritarian will get you far.
>>
>>43722505
Awoo...
>>
File: sonya unimpress.png (170 KB, 388x441) Image search: [Google]
sonya unimpress.png
170 KB, 388x441
>>43722528
I think you're having a giggle
>>
File: Houri Update.jpg (57 KB, 513x720) Image search: [Google]
Houri Update.jpg
57 KB, 513x720
>>43722507
It's not a monster book, anon. It's more like Lords of the Night. In fact, it'll be either the second or third entry in the "Lords of -" line. Playing as fey is one of the goals, as is the presentation of archetypes, prestige classes, expanded fluff & worldbuilding, campaign hooks & mini-settings (think of the Leatherworker's Guild), spells, items, etc.

As is noted repeatedly in Bloodforge, fey are not particularly psionic; a fey psionicist is an exception, not a rule. There may be akashic content available but Ssalarn has his own plans for that which are inspired by current fey, not the ones I'm writing about. I'll have to discuss it with him; in point of fact, I'll link this to him now.

There will definitely be content to champion your chosen Court, or to crush the Strangers which dare to set foot once more in the Lands of Iron.

>>43722505
Saved it from another poster in the thread I started a few generals ago, anon.
>>
File: 1436540261122-1.png (39 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1436540261122-1.png
39 KB, 853x543
>>43722539
I think you need to free yourself of your spooks and recognize your ideology for what it is. Don't let alignment control you anon, control your alignment!
>>
File: Rose.png (96 KB, 235x353) Image search: [Google]
Rose.png
96 KB, 235x353
>>43722695
The system isn't the way it is by some random mistake Jack, its by design. You know they are bad and they will hurt you but carefully measured platitudes are offered to appease you. To fall for such a trick is pathetic, is it any wonder you aren't capable of making your own choices?
>>
>>43722720
You're blowing my mind here dude
>>
Any pdfs of Bestiary 5?
Which sci-fi monster are in there a part of the grey?
>>
>>43722787
Well there's the one call a "grey"
>>
>>43722787
Annunaki have a very sci-fi theme, but don't use the rules in any way. Stargate style.
>>
>>43722576

Is there any word on whether or not a class that trades in one of its disciplines for Sleeping Goddess (via, say, a martial tradition) counts as a "psionic class"?
>>
>>43722828
>>43722813
They included robots?
>>
File: 1447256121412.jpg (65 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
1447256121412.jpg
65 KB, 640x462
>>43722852
The current thoughtline is that we're going to errata psicrystals to have gentler pre-reqs because why the fuck even did they require ML to begin with.

This should solve /that/ problem, since Goddess initiators will have the psionic subtype and thus qualify. If there's another reason you need to know beyond 'Well I like knowing things' now would be the time to tell us before we forget this was ever a problem and drink it away.
>>
>>43722872
Yes, all the robots from Inner Sea Bestiary plus a new terraforming robot.
>>
>>43722876
Only the annihilator, the gearman and the myrmidon?
They didn't add the 'bots from Iron Gods?
>>
>>43722897
Yeah, just those. They'd have to spend like 15 pages if they wanted to include EVERY robot from Iron Gods.
>>
>>43721260
Nightgaunt
>>
I'm in a setting were guns are very common (modern-scifi).

I wanted to play a psionics class and looked at psychic warrior. Is the archer path any good or are their better psionic classes?

I had hoped to level up to psion or wilder and prestige later on. What's my best bet?

Or should I pick the actual gun class like desperado or Gunsmoke mystic?
>>
>>43721260
Young dragons.
>>
>>43722989
If you want to be a psionic gun user, use either the Kaigun marksman or the Grammaton Cryptic.
>>
>>43722907
I also did hear that Deep Ones and Deep One hybrids are a thing in this bestiary.
>>
>>43722989
The Marksman is a psionic class that does ranged stuff well. Although I haven't done anything with them and guns specifically so I can't comment directly on that.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/marksman

They have an initiating archetype in PoW: Expanded as well.

In general I'd recommend multiclassing a partial manifester like Psychic Warrior or Marksman with a full manifester like Psion or Wilder (and I'd probably avoid the wilder altogether). Full manifesters are like wizards and they don't really play well with weapons. Psywars and Marksmen at least have class features and feats to support using weapons.

Gunsmoke mystic is arguably the best gun user though. Although modern or technological firearms may change that.
>>
>>43720550
My Alchemist is pra tically a crafting NPC, and his homunculus will do most of the actual heavy lifting and fighting for the early levels. Of course she's a good daughteru, so the homunculus is going to help the alchemist when he gets downtime to craft.
>>
File: deep one.png (2 MB, 921x1163) Image search: [Google]
deep one.png
2 MB, 921x1163
>>43723035
Yeah, the hybrids are a player race.
>>
>>43723080

FISH
STICKS
>>
File: deep one elder.png (2 MB, 920x1152) Image search: [Google]
deep one elder.png
2 MB, 920x1152
>>43723080
Also big guys
>>
>>43723041
Technological firearms are helpless in the arms of the gunsmoke mystic. Even the specific wording of the solar wind first level stance won't help those in particular. The only classes able to put them to anything resembling decent use are the SoP Armorist (bound equipment) and the Warsoul (Discipline Shapes), who coincidentally have infinite ammunition.

A firearm marksman is best suited to crit-fishing; sniper style into Adaptive Warrior 6 will let you make the most of that x4.

This will lock you out of boosts and overdrives, however, even if you were to gestalt things up: your swift (and thus also immediate) action will be literally used up every turn re-initializing the study>autothreat sequence.

Vital Strike the shit out of that.
>>
>>43723080
Care to post the page about the hybrids, please?
>>
File: deep one hybrid.png (2 MB, 921x1159) Image search: [Google]
deep one hybrid.png
2 MB, 921x1159
>>43723188
fishy man
>>
>>43722874

No; that should solve my quandary. Thank you for addressing it.
>>
>>43723211
Any monsters with mythic tiers?
>>
>>43723211

>those stats and abilities

Why would someone want to play a Hybrid when they're that shitty?
>>
>>43723286
tiers are for PCs and NPCs, ranks are for monsters
>>
>>43723248
No problem anon. Here to help. Also trapped at Gainful Employment now.
>>
>>43723141
>Favored weapon is a natural weapon
Woah, is there any other god that does this?
Warpriest Natural Attacker build when? Somehow transform into a lion and use 4 claw attacks on a pounce.
>>
>>43722576
Oh. Well please give any spoilers whenever possible, new content is all we have to live for.
>>
File: shen.png (4 MB, 1841x1152) Image search: [Google]
shen.png
4 MB, 1841x1152
>>43723286
A few.
>(Mythic): anunnaki, apkallu, bat plague swarm, danava, devastator, glaistig, locust plague swarm, ophiotaurus, rat plague swarm, shen, sphinx colossus, wood colossus

>>43723297
So you can start at venerable age and turn into a Deep One
>>
Any good Eldritch Heritages for an Archer Paladin? Taking the Nightguard archetype if that helps. PoW likely to not be allowed as DM might not have the time to go through it (And I'm dying to play an archer paladin regardless)
>>
>>43723364
I am interested into the Anunnaki, mind to post their page please?
>>
>>43723364

Damn, the Shen are cool.

Dammit Paizo stop doing cool things so I can go back to pessimism.
>>
File: Anunnaki.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Anunnaki.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>43723527
>>
>Anunnaki spill their solar spaghetti when someone calls their charade out
>Loli slime spill their slimy spaghetti when someone calls them out
>Deep One Hybrids spill their spaghetti when someone calls them out
>Reptilians really don't like it when someone calls them out

Holy shit, imagine a party with a Reptilian and Deep One Hybrid with a slime cohort working for an Anunnaki.

Talk about perpetual poker face.
>>
>>43723606
And we all know what happened the last time an Anunnaki spilled his solar spaghetti on Golarion.
>>
File: spookyghosts.gif (443 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
spookyghosts.gif
443 KB, 500x343
>>43723712
>>
>>43723726
Nah, Aroden happened.
>>
>>43723726
Yeah something like that but with more death of all prophecies
>>
>>43723806
Prophecies are an obnoxious plot device anyway
>>
>>43723861
True but their death majorly fucked Golarion over, especially Cheliax which was supposed to become the center of the new Golden Age.
>>
>>43723798

I really want to see an Aroden=Anunnaki conspiracy theory thread start on the Paizo messageboards and see what happens.
>>
>>43723958
I'm pretty sure this was already foreshadowed in one of the previous books lemme look
>>
>>43723798
>>43723806
>>43723861
>>43723901
Woah, woah, woah!
Hold your horses, are you telling me that Aroden got killed by anunnaki?!
>>
>>43724020
No
Aroden was an Anunnaki. He didn't die, he just grew bored of his civ
>>
>>43724049
>>43724020
Or someone found out his secret. It's been confirmed by staff that he didn't start out a god, just some fuck with mythic tiers. He definitely did become a legit god according to that post, though, but what he was before wasn't specified.

Anunnaki ---> unique outsider ---> god.
>>
File: 1396079293695.gif (2 MB, 353x314) Image search: [Google]
1396079293695.gif
2 MB, 353x314
>>43724049
>>
File: natural20roll.gif (2 MB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
natural20roll.gif
2 MB, 400x296
>>43724049
>>43724076
Shit got sci-fi niggah
>>
>>43724076
Well actually there are theories about that in Golarion.
From occult mysteries, although concerning "the veiled masters" (Most likely Aboleths)

>New Azlant: Some believe that the veiled masters have been working to restart the failed experiment that was Azlant—only this time, they are prepared for the onset of humanity’s hubris and arrogance. Conspiracy theorists hold that Aroden himself was no Azlant, but was in fact the greatest of the veiled masters. They point to Aroden’s raising of the Starstone as evidence, for what creature other than one who called down the stone from the sky could achieve such a feat? Largely viewed as a crackpot theory, the conjecture that Absalom was built to be a second, smaller-scale Azlant is strangely compelling. If true, it implies that the Starstone itself is nothing other than a bauble designed by the veiled masters, a possibility with disturbing implications for worshipers of the ascended gods. Are Iomedae, Norgorber, and Cayden Cailean nothing more than the greatest illusion the veiled masters have ever perpetrated upon the world? And if they are in act deities, was their ascendance simply part of a plan by the veiled masters to seat sleeper agents among the gods hemselves, waiting for the signal to put some unthinkably vast endgame into play?
>>
>>43724076
Well Anunnaki start with Mythic Ranks. Soooo if Aroden = Anunnaki that statement would still hold true.
>>
Two questions:

>First, what is the best way for an Arcane Sorcerer to utilize Blood Money? Is there any unique interaction with spell tattoos?
>Second, how can said sorcerer either achieve immortality, or at least a radically extended lifespan, without resorting to lichdom or some other equally "evil" method? With that line of thought, is it realistic to want to have a PC that reaches level 20 or higher try to become a minor god via the starstone test?
>>
File: saber oh no.png (98 KB, 393x328) Image search: [Google]
saber oh no.png
98 KB, 393x328
>>43724132
>Are Iomedae, Norgorber, and Cayden Cailean nothing more than the greatest illusion the veiled masters have ever perpetrated upon the world?
>>
>>43724177
1. Use Bloodmoney to make Simulacri. Or use it together with fabricate.
2. Mythic tiers can make you immortal. And can even make you a demi god complete with domains.
>>
>>43724166
Yeah, I wasn't saying it didn't.

>>43724132
Yeah, that just seems retarded, even by the standard of plot devices. HURR OUR NEW PET PSYCHIC BADDIES CAN MAKE GODS BUT THEY DO NOTHING BE AFRAID OF THEM
>>
>>43723029
How does the Grammaton actually hold up? I have a gunslinger type dude I'm looking to rebuild, with GM permission, and the Grammaton looks pretty hilarious if only for all the obvious references. Is it actually a good class? The guy's an edgy assassin with dreams of glory anyway.
>>
>>43719705
Alternative:
Lore Oracle with Focused Trance level 1.
Outcrafts your level 5.
>>
>>43724187
Well it would explain why Iomedae does not act LG (trumpeting ho!), Why Norgober is so weird (His aspects, being in Axis despite bein NE) and why Cayden doesn't do much.

>>43724206
Well Occult mysteries is just a bunch of plot devices and hooks desu. Not all make sense.
>>
>>43724265
Shitty writing doesn't explain more shitty writing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.