[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become The Vampire Quest 29
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3
File: OP Image.png (115 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
OP Image.png
115 KB, 894x894
Become The Vampire 29

It's been a weird afternoon so far. The school day was pretty normal, for the most part, but in the last hour you've attempted rune magic for the first time, almost blown yourself up, created a homunculus that calls you “daddy” and exposed Meliora's insecurities about how alive she really is. Plus you still need to talk to Jennifer about her new job, talk to Angie about her boss and her meeting at some point, and see if Sammy and Andrea are alright after the party last night. Well, you don't have to, but you kinda want to. You give Meliora a squeeze and release her.

“So, what happens now?”

Meliora runs her eyes.

“Well, my dad isn't going to be happy that one of the defense droids is now flesh and blood... I was hoping to get her upgraded and online before he noticed she was being 'repaired', but now he's going to work it out for sure. And since the math teacher is gone, he won't be able to get a fresh core crafted safely, so he's going to be even more upset.”

You nod slowly as Athena moves to your side and latches onto you. Meliora rolls her eyes.

“You'll need to be careful. We should head back to our room and work this out from there.”
>>
>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/YMGdCy7Q
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.

>Sounds like a plan to me.
>Can't we just lock this place down for a bit?
>Actually, let's see the nurse first. For reasons.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44773254
Reasons including not getting reaped.

Glad to see you, QM
>>
>>44773254
>But let me go in first.
>>
>>44773254

I think we should get angie's input on robo daughter asap. Better we tell her about this up front then have her find out on her own.
>>
>>44773254
>>Actually, let's see the nurse first. For reasons.
Just a check-up, make sure it's all good under the hood, er, magic core or whatever.
Then she can get taken home with us and spoiled.
>>
>>44773254
>Actually, let's call the nurse first. For reasons.
>>
I can picture the scene now.
Oliver kicking open the door and screaming "ANGIE HOW PURE IS MY DAUGHTERU!?"
>>
You look at Athena and pat her on the head before pausing. Unnatural life. What was it Angie said? Those who drive the dead to dance will swiftly join their ranks? You don't know how golem cores are made, or if this artificial soul will get you in trouble, but the safest thing you can think of at the moment is making sure that Angie doesn't reap you for this and smoothing this over as soon as possible.

“Actually, we should take her to the nurse. Get her a checkup, make sure that everything is fine. She's not mechanical anymore, so your dad won't be able to help us out, and I don't want any accidents. You said that she's stable right now, right?”

Meliora sighs.

“Fine, but if anything goes wrong it's on you.”

You smile down at Athena.

“We're going to see someone to get you checked out, alright?”

Athena nods before moving behind you and scrambling up your back, arms around your neck and floppy sleeves dangling across your chest. Meliora's eyes glow for a moment.

“And saved. I'm gonna start a little family album of the two of you. She's got your eyes and everything.”

Meliora walks back over to the computer and presses a few buttons, a panel on the wall opening up, and she pulls out a backpack.

“The nurse is a reaper, by the way. I've only got a few rounds of ammunition capable of warding her off, and it's only a temporary measure, but I do have a few traps I can set in case things go horribly wrong.”

She heads for the door without waiting for a response.

>Alright, let's get moving
>Actually, I know Angie's a reaper. She's my friend.
>Do you really need the weapons?
>Maybe you should meet me at the room.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44773486
>Actually, I know Angie's a reaper. She's my friend.
>And sort of my guardian angel. But good idea.
>>
>>44773486
>>44773509
Seconded
>>
>>44773486
>>Actually, I know Angie's a reaper. She's my friend.
Also, that family album thing is fuckin' cute, Mel.
>>
>>44773486
>other (let me go first, just cover me if things get bad.)
>>
>>44773509
>>44773531
>>44773535
>>44773486
All three work together well.
>>
>Quick reminder.

This is Day 8 we've been at school.

A Monday evening.
>>
>>44773620
Wonder if we will get a time skip at some point. At the rate we're going it'll be years before we get to Drac's Christmas party.
>>
>>44773669
If we can get this situation stabilized, I think we'll get it going. QM rolls in the background for all the other events that happen. If we can manage to stay out of it a bit, we'll probably be okay.
>>
>>44773669
>Thread #287, December 1st, we've conquered our eighth planet and defeated the archangel gabriel in single combat
>>
>>44773531
>Good Friend and Weapons
>>
>>44773703
>Still haven't picked a waifu
>>
>>44773697
Sounds good, we just need to deal with a few things, like, well, everything mentioned in the OP.
Also, Athena needs a sitter while we're at classes.
>>
>>44773725
Good thing her mom never goes to classes.
>>
>>44773725
Maybe we can claim WolfMom and then show her the power of our blood with a new baby. Milfs love kids.
>>
You follow along behind Meliora, smirking.

“Actually, I know that Angie's a reaper. She's been my friend since I got here, same as you. We play poker sometimes.”

Meliora looks over her shoulder at you.

“Will you ever stop being surprising? You're making it hard to properly adjust the sensitivity of my settings when you keep coming up with new ways to hopelessly annihilate my expectations.”

Athena giggles.

“Annihilate!”

She leans back, legs wrapped around your waist, and thrusts her fists into the air.

“Boom!”

She wobbles and then hastily grabs onto your collar to steady herself, which in turn almost sends you tumbling to the ground. Meliora grabs your wrist and holds you upright until you find your footing again, and Athena clings to you tightly.

“There. Better?”

You and Athena both nod, and Meliora turns and continues walking.

“Honestly, you're both as bad as each other...”

You and Athena exchange glances and shrug, and you follow Meliora the rest of the way to the nurse's office. When you arrive Meliora sits next to the door and begins unpacking what appears to be some kind of rifle made of black metal, loading it with strange bullets that look more like masses of black vines than actual ammunition, and they make your head hurt to look at.

“I'll cover you. Go on ahead.”

You nod and look at the door.

>Leave Athena outside
>Take her in with you
>Enter slowly and cautiously, one step at a time
>Walk in casually like it ain't no thing
>Barge in, act panicked, ask for help
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44773725
Maybe she can make herself look a bit older and go to school as a freshman? She needs the socialization experience more than the education, I bet. She'll pick up knowledge fast.
>>
>>44773743
Ah! Good point! Her mother/aunt/sister does have some emotional problems though.... still, it'd be good bonding!
>>
>>44773756
>Take her in with you
on our back
>>
>walk in casually with Athena
>>
>>44773756
>Take her in with you
>>
>>44773758
I like it
>>44773761
I think she'll accept sister. Maybe aunt.
>>44773756
>casually
>>
>>44773756
>>Walk in casually like it ain't no thing
>Take her in with you
>>44773758
I'd be worried. I mean, this is a school full of monsters, someone might try to take advantaged of Most Pure Daughteru.
Remember dad's old motto: Around Drac, watch your back.
>>
>>44773756
>>Take her in with you
>>Walk in casually like it ain't no thing

Hey Angie made a super advanced bio golem daughter on accident. It's cool right? Didn't make a taboo booboo?
>>
>>44773810
Clearly we train her a bit first. And ask Mel if Chico or w/e it's name was can accompany her til she's strong enough.
>>
>>44773756
>Hey, Angie, quick question, is a golem still not a breach of ethical codes if it still uses a golem core and not quite a soul?
>>
>>44773840
We didn't raise the dead we made a new soul out of our blood, magic and technology. Clones are cool and if it was a big problem someone high up would be all over it already.
>>
>>44773756
>“Annihilate!”
>She leans back, legs wrapped around your waist, and thrusts her fists into the air.
>“Boom!”
So.
Freakin.
Cute.

Waifu can take backseat now. Protecting our daughteru and getting her some grandparents to help spoil her is now top priority.
>>
>>44773874
Hey dad is fine, keep her the fuck away from mom though.
>>
Maybe this will be the straw that finally pushes Sammy away so we can get all up in that strong ice wolf and start that super pack.
>>
You open the door and step inside, smiling as you carry Athena into the office.

“Hey Angie, how's it going? I've got a quest-”

When the blade of Angie's scythe stops an inch from your face you stop short, and you peer over it at Angie. Her dark hair has turned white, and one of her eyes is glowing red.

“...tion. Um...”

Angie drops her scythe, clutching at her head and staggering backward.

“No, Zeke, this is... my turf!”

Angie laughs. Another voice, distinctly male. It's a cold, cruel chuckle.

“You don't get to decide this one, we have rules. Artificial spirits must be destroyed!”

Her hair begins to turn back to normal bit by bit.

“She's a golem! And as a monster, we have to let her live! Do you want to break the pact and sacrifice all the humans here?”

She trips over her scythe and squirms on the ground, eyes shut tightly.

“Fine then, Angela. She can live. For now. The moment she leaves this place, though...”

Angie pants quietly, opening her eyes. She frowns at you.

“What did you do...?”

>Maybe I should go...?
>What was that all about?
>I may have made a homunculus...
>It's been a weird afternoon, what can I say?
>Nothing. At all. Why would you think I did something? Hahaha.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44773894
Mom might be okay if either A) we bring her back as a human, or B) we bring her back as our subordinate.

>>44773906
I'm not sure Jenny will want to play mom to someone else either.

>>44773911
>I may have made a daughter...
We are not discussing our daughter as a thing.
>>
>>44773911
>Maybe I should go...?
>>
>>44773911
>>What was that all about?
>>I may have made a homunculus...
Totally accidental also golem can't be spirits can they?
>>
>"I took your advice about not getting backed up and there was this golem core with nice curves and well wouldn't you know it..."
>>
>>44773911
>...I accidentally optimized a golem core beyond realistic parameters. Using a single rune for magic. In my own blood. Accidentally. Also some of my blood so it'd have a body.
>>
>>44773911
>>What was that all about?
>Other (write-in) Made a daughter. Angie, this is Athena. Athena, this is Angie.
Angie what the fu-...dge was that?
>>
>>44773911
>>44773966
Second.
>>
>>44773953
>>44773956
I don't want to discuss Athena as a thing.

>>44773911
>>44773966
This
>>
>>44773954
Let's try not to get shot by Meliora now.
>>
>>44773935
If we have to bring her back as our subordinate we may as well not bring her back at all and save our selves headaches. Also I'm not sure she'd be sane as a human after what she's done.
>>
>>44773906
I'm kind of expecting Sammy to have a positive reaction, based on her reaction to us acting paternally towards Sophie.
>>
>>44773986
>If we have to bring her back as our subordinate we may as well not bring her back at all
I disagree. We just have to order her to not be a cunt and act in a way that won't cause dad pain.

>>44774051
I dunno. That was a friend versus our own daughter.
>>
>>44774051
whatever gets us closer to finally touching dat fluffy queen tail.
>>
“Two things. One, what was that all about? Two, I accidentally made a daughter using a golem core, blood, and some crude rune magic spells. I just kinda winged it and Athena is the result. Athena? This is Angie. Angie? This is Athena.”

Athena climbs off your back and walks over to Angie. The two look at each other for a moment before Athena sits down on Angie's stomach.

“Were you gonna kill my daddy...?”

Angie shakes her head.

“Nope. My brother, Zeke? Yep. He would have done it. He works it a different department than I do, and he doesn't have a corporeal body to manifest with, so he was trying to use mine. What you're sitting on right now is basically a false body that I'm piloting around. He was trying to take control, so to speak.”

Athena nods and pokes Angie's nose before laying down on her. Angie blinks, then looks at you.

“I didn't think you'd be taking my advice in this direction. I mean, blood wasn't even the fluid I was talking about.”

Athena rolls onto her back and waves at you, sleeve flopping back and forth.

>And on that note we're outta here.
>Angie, no rude implications in front of Athena.
>I mean, how could I resist? Meliora was right there, with only one arm, and I couldn't help myself.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44773911
Casually introduce Angie and Athena to each other. Then explain that you're not really sure what you did, but you promise not to use rune magic on a golem core ever again.
>>
>>44774083
>>I mean, how could I resist? Meliora was right there, with only one arm, and I couldn't help myself.
>>Other (write-in) could you give her a check up?
>>
>>44774083
I fully intend to be a good father here.
>And on that note we're outta here.
>>
>>44774063
Problem is vampires only control their subordinates through blood pact and if she wanted too she'd find a loophole. remember how quickly that coven said they didn't care if we slaughtered their families if we left them alone?

>>44774083
>>Angie, no rude implications in front of Athena.
>>>Other (write-in) could you give her a check up?
>>
>>44774083
>>44774114
This.
Even though we're being rude too.
>>
>>44774083
>So, is Zeke gonna be trying to kill me and her now? Because I'm not gonna just roll over on this.
>>
>>44774083
>Other (write-in) could you give her a check up?
>>
>>44774083
Ask what Zeke meant by "the moment she leaves this place." Is she stuck on school grounds, or can she go around the town too?
>>
>>44774128
Oh, yea. Mom doesn't get to be a vamp. Though if we find some other way to be semi-immortal, we can share that with them both too.

>>44774083
Add this>>44774162 to everything else. It's sorta important too.
>>
>>44774183
I meant >>44774147 not>>44774162
>>
>
“I didn't think you'd be taking my advice in this direction. I mean, blood wasn't even the fluid I was talking about.”

Ayy Lmao. Why the fuck aren't we waifuing Angie?
>>
The misarchivist got us. We're under Superhuman legacy 22
>>
>>44774183
We could try remaking what we did for Athena, but that will probably require powerful vampirism, reversing the vampirism to get our souls back, and then transfer the souls into the magic soul cores.
NOT COMPLICATED AT ALL
>>
>>44774223
Ha
>>
>>44774212
>Why the fuck aren't we waifuing Angie?
Waifuing Angels leads to bad things

>>44774229
Or simply use Rune magic to extend our lifespan.
>>
Next time we dream we gotta check out Angie's real form. Don't care that it will kill us. Wolf mom is cool but Angel of Death waifu owns.
>>
>>44774212
Cause if she knew we were planning to bring our folks back, she'd have to reap us.

We can long term waifu her, post immortality.

>>44774223
I don't see how, I archived it on suptg myself.

>>44774229
Last thread QM said we couldn't transfer our soul, just our consciousness, and we'd prolly go insane.
>>
>>44774223
Is there any way to fix this once it's archived?
>>
>>44774261
Last thread QM didn't expect us to make a daughter, so, y'know...
>>
>>44774261
Dude check, please it's wrong. You either misarchived or someone beat you to the punch.

>>44774270
Contact the Lord Licorice either via e-mail or the sup/tg/ irc.
>>
You chuckle softly and sigh.

“Angie, don't make those kinds of jokes around her. I'm trying to be a good dad here.”

Angie nods.

“And I'm being the wacky aunt who teaches her all about boys and how to juggle knives and stuff, and lets her sleep over at my place with her best friend when she's in her experimental phase.”

Athena smiles at you.

“Experimental!”

You smirk at them.

“Angie, can you give her a proper checkup? I want to make sure she's going to be physically fine.”

Angie sits up a bit.

“Sure thing. Come on, Hop, time for a medical exam.”

Athena stands up and starts to bunny hop over to one of the beds. You raise an eyebrow.

“Hop?”

Angie brushes herself off and stands.

“Yeah. You're Ollie, and she's a little Ollie. A hop.”

Athena starts to take off her jumpsuit, and Angie closes a curtain.

“You can come back in ten minutes or so. I'm gonna test for everything and make sure that she'll be alright.”

>I'll be right outside if you need me.
>Mind if I use your chair for a bit then?
>See her safely to my room when you're done?
>Alright, back in ten.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44774270
Fixing things like this is important, but the random minor errors here and there are part of the enduring charm of this quest.
>>
>>44774308
I'd rather not get too far away, considering we were nearly murdered by her body, like, ten seconds ago.
Also, lewd, Angie.
>>
>>44774308

>>44774322
Yeah but no one will be able to find this session in the archive like this
>>
>>44774261
>>44774223
Nvm, I see. What a dick.

>>44774284
After the story ended, while he was answering questions...

>>44774288
I want to say someone told him to fuck it up, because it was right before. I didn't mean this one. I see he got us already, the cunt.

>>44774308
>I'll be right outside
Tell Mel to stand down.
>>
>>44774308
Say to Meliora, "I'm worried Angie might be a bad influence on our child."
>>
>have Mellie observe because she's technically her mom and also needs to know the results.
>>
>>44774380
I second this.
>>
I'm new here, can anyone explain what is that weird quest?
>>
>>44774445
Short version
http://pastebin.com/fHJ9rQFS

Do you want the full story? It's almost 400 pages.
>>
>>44774477
I like this post number. And this post.
>>
You head for the door.

“I'll be right outside in case you guys need me for anything, alright? Athena, be a good girl.”

The curtain cuts off your view of her right as she starts to nod, and you walk outside. Meliora is standing at attention with her rifle, Canny hovering next to her shoulder.

“Status report?”

You gesture to the door.

“She's getting a medical exam right now to make sure that she's alright and Angie's brother nearly put a scythe between my eyes. So there's that. I think you can stand down for now though.”

Meliora nods and begins dismantling her rifle, packing it away. Canny hovers around you before landing on your head and beeping quietly at you. You sit down against the wall and Meliora moves next to you.

“So what do we do while we wait?”

You shrug.

“No clue.”

Meliora nods and closes her eyes.

“Fair enough.”

>Wait it out
>Ask Meliora about something
>Check up on people
>Other (write-in)
>>
File: 1432993662286.jpg (43 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1432993662286.jpg
43 KB, 800x533
>>44774477
Transcendent Dubs
>>
>>44774509
So, what are those rounds made of? They look like vines.
>>
>"We could hold hands and maybe make out a little?"
>>
>>44774509
>>Check up on people
Like if she'd be cool with watching her sister/daughter/niece when we are at classes.
>>
>>44774509
>Wait it out
Pet the robot bird.
>>
>>44774509
>>44774540
Good idea
>>44774549
And this.
>>
>>44774509
>>44774550
Do this, while talking.>>44774557
>>
>>44774540
>>44774550
These.
>>
>>44774540
Probably should ask this, you never know when Oliver might need it.
>>
You reach up and gently pat Canis while you wait.

“So what were those bullets made from? They looked kinda like vines.”

Meliora leans back slightly and looks at you.

“Angels can't tolerate certain substances. Black iron, for instance, taken from the deepest regions of the pit, can temporarily take away an angel's divine radiance and make them weaker than mortals. Black iron is grown rather than mined, and because it's hard to work with and impossible to smelt it's usually just compressed into the desired shape or grown in specially made containers to form it naturally. These bullets are hard to use because of their shape, but they seek out angels once fired, so that tends to make up for it.”

You nod and gently move Canis to your lap, inspecting the little droid. It has a lot of little flaps on its mostly smooth exterior, so it probably has little appendages tucked away, and probably some weapons of its own. It turns itself over slowly before hovering up and positioning itself an inch from your face, bumping against your nose before moving back to its perch atop your head.

The rest of the wait passed fairly easily, and when Angie opens the door Athena immediately runs out of the office, lollipop clutched between her teeth and a smile on her face. Angie steps out and waves at Meliora, who gives a half-hearted wave in return.

“Well, she's medically fine. I mean, her cells are literally exploding on a constant basis and being replaced by new ones instantly by her core, but aside from her extreme metabolic rate and the fact that her brain is literally a blob of useless fat cells while her core does all the work, she's fairly normal.”

Athena walks over to you and takes the lollipop out of her mouth, shoving it into yours with a smile. It's sour apple. Very, very sour apple.

“Good...?”

>Yes. Very good. Can I keep it?
>You've earned it, not me. You can have it.
>Alright, back to the room then.
>Thanks, Angie.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44774852
>>You've earned it, not me. You can have it.
>>Alright, back to the room then.
>>Thanks, Angie.
>Give Athena headpats.
>>
>>44774852
>So is this Zeke guy gonna be a problem?
>>
>>44774852
>>44774852
>>Alright, back to the room then.
>>Thanks, Angie.
>Will you tell me what the deal with Zeke is tonight?
>>
>>44774852
>>You've earned it, not me. You can have it.
>>Thanks, Angie.
>>
>>44774852
>Thanks, Angie.
>Headpat daughteru
>>
>>44774852
>>Yes. Very good. Can I keep it?
>Thanks, Angie.
>Other (write-in) Anything I should look out for with your brother?
>>
> "I think we need to talk about Zeke and how we or I'm going ensure this little innocent doesn't get an untimely death."
>>
>>44774852
>her extreme metabolic rate
So what's that mean? Is she going to need a lot of food? Or am I going to need to give her more magic regularly?
>Headpats
>>
>>44774852
>Thanks, Angie.

"Is she seriously confined to the school grounds? This seems a little extreme, what's the worst harm she could cause?"
>>
>>44774890
>>44774933
We should ask more about Zeke.
>>
>>44775053
>>44775050
This >>44774937 might matter a lot too.
>>
You nod and offer it back to her.

“It's good, but you're the one who earned it, not me.”

She nods and chomps down in it, crunching the candy and chewing on the stick. You pat her on the head and turn to Angie.

“Thanks for checking on her. And is there anything I need to know about Zeke? You can tell me later if need be, but I want to make sure that everything is going to be alright.”

Angie nods.

“I'll tell you everything tonight, don't worry. For now I have a brother to berate.”

You get to your feet and Athena climbs onto your back once more.

“I guess we head back to the room then?”

Meliora nods and starts walking, and you follow behind her, Canny still balancing on your head. When you get back to the room Meliora walks inside and chucks her backpack onto her bed. Jennifer is on your bed reading in a bathrobe and, you assume, underwear. She pauses, sniffs at the air, and grimaces.

“What in the world is that sme-”

She looks at you, then at Athena, and gags, running to the bathroom and slamming the door closed. You crouch a bit so Athena can climb down and try to work out what the problem is. Oh right. Athena's cells are dying constantly, and Jennifer's nose is sensitive. She probably smells like a corpse to her or something. Hmm.

>Jennifer? Are you alright?
>So I have someone I want you to meet.
>Try to find some perfume or something.
>That job I was trying to get you is opening up. Angie pulled some strings.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44775237
>>Try to find some perfume or something.
>>Jennifer? Are you alright?
Should probably fix that later.
>>
>>44775237
>>Jennifer? Are you alright?
>>So I have someone I want you to meet.
>Ask Mel if she can make a scent hiding suit for Athena like she did for us.
>>That job I was trying to get you is opening up. Angie pulled some strings.
>>
>>44775237
>>44775264
This. We need to mention it all.
>>
>>44775237
So, does this mean our daughter is a living corpse? Cause I can see how that might be toeing the line of necromancy.

>>44775264
>Ask Mel if she can make a scent hiding suit for Athena like she did for us.
Best solution, at least until Athena learns to stabilize her cells.
>>
>>44775237

>Find some perfume
>That job I was trying to get you is opening up. Angie pulled some strings.

"I swear it wasn't my fault, okay... or maybe it was my fault. But I have a daughter now..."
>>
>>44775237
>>44775264
Supporting
>>
>>44775237
>look through blood magic book for a spell that will temporarily sacrifice Jennifer's sense of smell.
>>
>>44775237
>>That job I was trying to get you is opening up. Angie pulled some strings.
>>
“Meliora, can you make a suit for Athena? One that'll hide her scent? I think she's going to need one for the time being.”

Meliora nods a bit.

“Sure, I can do that. Just to hide her scent, right?”

She opens up a case and pulls a few devices out, carrying them over to Athena and starting to attach them to the work suit she's wearing. You head for the bathroom and step inside, closing the door behind yourself. Jennifer is kneeling beside the toilet, panting softly and shaking. You move next to her and pat her on the back.

“Are you alright?”

Jennifer nods slightly.

“I will be... She just... It's rather unpleasant, that smell... She smells the way that you would if you were dead. It made me scared and nauseous all at once.”

She turns and hugs you, taking a deep breath.

“But you're alright. You're not dead. So I'll be fine.”

You chuckle quietly.

“I'm too cool to die. Although I did almost blow myself up with rune magic earlier. You were completely right, by the by. Speaking of such things, I tampered with a golem core and accidentally made a homunculus. She's Athena, my daughter. I'd like you to meet her properly, once Meliora takes care of the whole... odor issue.”

Jennifer looks at you for a moment.

“If you were forty and lonely like Fenright then I'd completely understand.”

She sighs and closes her eyes, smiling softly.

“Well, it looks as though I've got my work cut out for me then. I don't think I can trust you to take care of a child on your own after all.”

You shrug slightly and smile.

“I could handle it. But I will need a sitter for her. I think we'll need an extra set of hands though, since that job I was trying to get for you is opening up. Angie pulled some strings for us to get it all squared away. You'll probably have to interview for it anyway though.”

Jennifer perks up a bit.
>>
“Interesting. Alright then. I suppose, while you make up your mind, I could use the extra protection. I'll have to iron my suits though, I'd like to make a good impression.”

She slowly gets to her feet.

“I was hoping that you'd come back alone so that I could try to flirt a little bit, but I think I'd better get changed so that I can play mom for a little while. You probably have homework and the like to do, yes?”

>Works for me
>I can do it later, it's fine
>I was actually gonna have Meliora watch her for a bit so they can bond
>Other (write-in)
>>
>Get an armor suit on Athena to contain the smell.
>>
>>44775611
They are sorta siblings after all. But if you really want to, sure. She's a sweetheart.

>>44775617
Already being done anon.
>>
>>44775611
>>I was actually gonna have Meliora watch her for a bit so they can bond
>>
>"robot watch the kid, I got some wolf poon to claim"
>>
>>44775658
Not yet anon. We decided to clear up all the personal complications first.
>>
>>44775611
>>44775658
Seconded, but smoother
>>
>>44775611
>>44775658
Supporting.
>>
>>44775611
>>
>>44775611

Let Aunt Jenny and Meliora attempt to take care of daughter while you do homework.

>Parenting and bonding is important

>Education is important as well

>Sharing a cheerful moment with friends and family is priceless.
>>
>>44775658
The single greatest thing that might prevent that from happening, ironically, is the people like you that can't stop thinking about it and have a normal fucking interaction with her.
>>
>>44775683
Nah, it'll be fine. The only complications come from her grumpy fish hree and messed up dad. We'll help them when we can but right now we need to strengthen our bond with someone who has Sammies side of the curse. Gonna use that rune magic . Also Jenny is ready to go and only a loser nerd let's that shit slide.
>>
>>44775775
I intend to avoid it at any costs for the foreseeable future out of spite.
>>
>>44775769
All or interactions have been normal. Its time to claim what is ours.
>>
>>44775794
>I intend to avoid it at any costs for the foreseeable future out of spite.
That's a terribly petty reason, anon.
>>
>>44775658
>>44775704
>>44775700
What, you guys wanna fuck Jennifer while our daughter is in the other room? Not exactly romantic, don't you think?
>>
>>44775658
On the one hand, first to three is the rule, meaning this would win.

On the other hand, massive mixed signals, and that phrasing would be majorly out of character for him. The intent behind it though? Not so much.

Schmooze roll, +1
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44775838
Critfail
>>
Rolled 18 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44775838
Intent yes, action no
>>
Rolled 17 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44775838
>>
>>44775851
Ask you shall receive
>>
Rolled 11 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>44775838
>>44775851

Do not engage! Do not engage!

Any more will be blasphemy against the dice gods!
>>
Ayy!
>>
>>44775851
Well you tried.

>>44775838
I >>44775862 agree with>>44775854 the intent is what i was voting for, not physically doing it right now.
>>
>>44775851
You were on the right track with your prediction.
>>
>>44775851
God I wish
I leave for ten seconds and anons are grabbing their dicks at the thought of Oliver's GIRLFRIEND'S MOTHER
WHY!?
Fucks... fucks sake...
>>
>>44775921
Her fans killed my ability to enjoy anything her character does or could do a while ago.
>>
It astounds me that this thread is so negative against getting Jennifer. Our patron demon is all about that stuff.
>>
>>44775921
Anon, you should accept that Oliver's always shown mixed signals to both of them, and anons voted to finally decide. Her willingness to help with Athena was the deciding factor for me.
>>
>>44775962
I don't think he's shown mixed signals with Sammy. It's always been waifushit there.
>>
>>44775947
There's one anon who wiuld rather Oliver be a serial killer than just break up couples, remember.
>>
>>44775921
Yeah. I'm sorry, anon. I, too, wish we weren't playing this quest with a bunch of horn dogs.

It would be nice if people actually thought about the consequences of their actions. But, I guess we're just along for the ride. Mob rule kind of sucks.
>>
Sammie ditched us. Jennifer is literally rolling on our bed in underwear. Also We can simply just make our own monster pack. It's gonna be awwwwright.
>>
>>44776004
Oh the sex will be great, I'm sure.

It's the morning after I'm worried about.
>>
>>44776004
Also Jennifer knows of, and accepts the shit we have to do for our demon. We did tell her absolutely everything.
>>
Going for Intent without action is just blue balling her and that's cruel.
>>
You rise to your feet and shrug.

“I was actually going to have Meliora watch her for a little while so they can bond. I wouldn't be particularly opposed to some flirting though, as long as you know where we stand right now.”

Jennifer nods and kisses you on the cheek.

“I'm fine with just being close to you.”

You smile and head for the door.

“Meliora, how's the suit coming?”

You open it a crack and peek outside. Meliora is sitting beside Athena on the floor, adjusting and resizing portions of the fabric and integrating various little contraptions.

“Close to done, but it'll take me a little while to iron out the kinks, and I'm gonna see if she can power it herself or not. It'll make it a lot lighter, and I might be able to make it more compact that way.”

You nod and glance back to Jennifer, looking at her before turning back to Meliora.

“Mind watching Athena for a little while then? Jennifer is gonna be cooped up in here until the suit is finished. I'm gonna head out with her for a bite or something.”

Meliora nods, and Athena looks over at you.

“Daddy leaving?”

You hesitate briefly.

“Only for a little bit, and I want you to get to know your sister better. I'll only be a phone call away, I promise.”

Athena nods and smiles at you.

“Promise.”

She nods again, and Jennifer walks past you into the room pinching her nose. She grabs her suitcase and heads into the bathroom before gently nudging you out and closing the door.

“Give me a few minutes.”

You sit on the couch and try to figure out just what you're thinking. Your hormones tell you to go for it because she's available, physically and emotionally, but at the same time you don't know how much of your rationalizations are founded on logic and how much is just your dick doing all the thinking.
>>
>>44775962
It's actually a pretty terrible decision, since only three out of however many voted for it. The relationship is pretty inevitably going to end in tears since not only do they still not want her, but they might actively hate her.
>>
>Don't let things go too far. Flirting is fine.
>Things have gone far in the past, draw the line there
>Just have a nice dinner or something, that's all.
>Find a quiet, romantic spot and go for it
>Abort mission
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44776061
>>
>>44776061
>Go For It
>>
>>44776047
Well that's just stupid. Once a decision's been made, you just go along for the ride. >>44776061
>Things have gone far in the past, draw the line there
But only if she initiates
>>
>>44775962
Oliver really is kind of a selfish asshole. Stringing along two women for his own agenda.

Though, considering his overall goal, being a manipulative (if a bit impulsive and indecisive) prickly makes perfect sense for his character.
>>
>>44776061
>>
>>44776047
I don't hate Jennifer, but I fucking hate people still pushing to fuck her.
>>44776061
>>
>>44776061
>>
>>44776061
>>
>>44776061
>>
>>44776061

Please no lewds
>>
>>44776061
>>Just have a nice dinner or something, that's all.
>>
>>44776079
>Well that's just stupid. Once a decision's been made, you just go along for the ride.
Since it's this particular decision, I now have no further interest in enjoying the quest and only want to ruin it for everyone else.
>>
>>44776102
That's three . Strap In Boys it's blood Magic time.
>>
>>44776061
>>
>>44776061
>Don't let things go too far. Flirting is fine
This
>>
>>44776061
>>Just have a nice dinner or something, that's all.
Fucking horn digs
>>
So if we get on with Jenny would we be making a 2 combo since we would be breaking our relashionship with Sammy and breaking Jennifer and Sammy's dad relashionship?
>>
>>44776122
>Since it's this particular decision, I now have no further interest in enjoying the quest and only want to ruin it for everyone else.
Why? Just leave. It's not like anyone's forcing you to be here, and once this waifu-drama is finished we can get on with the actual quest.
>>
>>44776124
One for just going for it, two for finding a romantic spot first. I choose to believe in vain that I won't have to start trying to completely remove Jennifer from our interactions.
>>
Honestly I'm not voting jen for the lewds, having her ours is an investment in our magical future and really it's time we showed her that were serious. Puritan fags chill.
>>
>>44776124
Dammit... was I too slow?

I hate this, but I guess I failed to be the voice of reason here.

Oh well. Hopefully we will burn some bridges with this and force Oliver to take a good long look at himself. Making horrible mistakes like this may spur his growth.
>>
>>44776155
>once this waifu-drama is finished we can get on with the actual quest.

Dude you realize this will only make the drama intensify, like a hundred fold. I happen to agree with the him though. Dude known her less than a week.

>>44776175
Yeah sure keep lying.
>>
>>44776159
Seriously? Just let it go. QM wrote this out a month ago, he's not going to spend all night writing lewds, and once this is resolved we can timewarp a bit more.

>>44776175
This is true, and I feel like Jen's shown more of an honest interest in him.
>>
>>44776217
>Note: Vote against all timewarping
>>
>>44776061
>>
Well time to crash this quest with no survivors. Horn dogs ruined it.
>>
>>44776231
Anon, why do you do this so often? We have nice threads and make good progress when people don't shitpost and cry about votes not going their way.
>>
>>44776217
Do you not get that I hate the lewds themselves and not how long they take? Are you actually that stupid?
>>
>>44776270
My brother of night-skin.

>>44776271
We have nice threads when Jennifer's involvement is kept to a minimum.
>>
Jennifer walks out of the bathroom wearing a blue dress and heels and walks over to you, her purse slung over her shoulder.

“Ready when you are.”

You nod a bit and get to your feet, heading for the door. Athena waves at you, and you give her a wave and a smile as you walk out with Jennifer. You honestly have no idea where to go from here though. You need somewhere private, somewhere that no one will go to. You're still full of doubts about this whole thing though. Maybe you'll figure it out as you walk to... wherever you're heading.

>Locker room
>Shed by the gymnasium
>Woods
>Motel room
>Supply closet
>Nurse's office, kick Angie out for a bit
>Second thoughts, backpedal
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44776303
Dinner, romantic.
>>
>>44776303
>>
>>44776303
>>
>>44776273
Dude, I hate the lewds too, but yelling about it won't help. We just have to wait for our chance in the future.
>>
>>44776303
>>44776311
Agreed
>>
>>44776188
Maybe when and ACTUAL DEMON FROM HELL gives you a pat on the back and a thumbs-up, you're the fucking bad guy.

>>44776303
>>
>>44776303
>>Second thoughts, backpedal
>>
>>44776303
Romantic, boss. Not trashy
>>
>>44776303
Maybe we can redeem ourselves.
>>
>>44776328
Dude, you gotta get over that. We aren't a good guy, we've never been a good guy. The whole point of this quest is to become an abomination before the eyes of god.
>>
>>44776367
For a good reason, not just to get our dick wet.
>>
>>44776339
The wining joke vote was "booty call" and horn dog anons kept voting for it. What'd you expect? Booty call=/= classy or romantic.

>>44776367
Because we've been fucking Geassed and artifact titles happen all the time. Stop trying to justify your waifuing by saying we're a dick.
>>
>>44776328
Yeeaaah... Oliver has made some... questionable life choices this past week
>>
>>44776320
>>44776356
>>44776273
You guys better vote against lewds with anyone else too then.
>>
>>44776367
Barring a few minor incidents that can be easily excused, I can't think of any point where we haven't done what's good.
>>
>>44776387
No, the winning vote was

None of those were romantic
>>
File: 1444188138376.png (309 KB, 540x370) Image search: [Google]
1444188138376.png
309 KB, 540x370
>>44776393
I like hand-holding
>>
>>44776393
Fully intend on it. It's not like there are realistic options; Sammy wants to go slow and due to her condition fucking her would be debateably rape even if it seems like she wants it, Mel has yet to make a move on us romantically and we barely know Catherine.
>>
>>44776424
>teenager going for a booty call
>Knowing what romantic is

>>44776393
For the moment yes, none of them are in a good spot for it to happen.
>>
>>44776393
I plan to... unless we get to a point where I believe that lewds won't be actively detrimental to us.
>>
I wonder how this will affect the roleplaying in the History class. Inb4 Sammy working against Oliver because of pure hate.
>>
>>44776471
She's going to actually kill him with a broadsword.
>>
You fidget a little bit and Jennifer frowns.

“Is something wrong?”

You shake your head.

“No. Not presently, at least. I'm getting way ahead of myself here, and in the back of my mind I know that if we head off somewhere, something is going to happen. And I might regret it. And I don't want to regret it. I want to do the thing, but I don't want to feel bad about it after.”

Jennifer nods and rests a hand on your shoulder.

“I said we'd flirt, and that's all I had in mind. If things lead somewhere then so be it. But I'm not going to pressure you into anything. It's the same as it's always been. I want to be yours and be close to you, but I'm not going to force things or demand it of you. I'll do what I need to do in order to get by, and be patient.”

You nod slightly. It feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

“Then... how about dinner? I could use a bite, and I did say that I wouldn't mind some flirting.”

Jennifer smirks at you.

“You seem like you're just putting on a brave face at this point. Do what you really want to do.”

>Let's have dinner together
>I think I need to clear my head, sorry.
>Let's find somewhere quiet then.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44776499
>>Let's have dinner together
>>
>>44776499
>>
>>44776499

Jennifer you know what the sad thing is? You're the closest thing to a mom I've ever really known.
>>
>>44776499
>>44776529
No
>>
>>44776529
>the closest thing to a mom I've ever really known
You must be imagining some fucked up mother son relationships, anon. Jennifer gave us a blow job last week.
>>
>>44776557
That's honestly still closer to a maternal figure than anyone else Oliver has known.

He's lived a sad life.
>>
>>44776529
>Flirting with Toriel after calling her "Mom"
>>
>>44776499
Boss, you ignored the other component there. No one but that one anon wanted lewds right now. The others just wanted to get closer to Jen. It would have been a fair compromise.

>>44775854
>>44775909
>>
>>44776499
Ok, I'm ok with this. I wish Jennifer would realize that we are just a kid, and that us mating with her won't solve all her problems. Having this sort on conversation with her is a step in the right direction.
>>
You sigh softly and smile.

“Dinner. Let's grab a bite and just relax.”

Jennifer nods and takes your arm.

“Alright then, that sounds nice. Here? Or somewhere in town?”

>Cafeteria food, head for the roof
>Head into town, nothing can go wrong
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44776557
Yeah which is why it's sad. She IS the closest thing to a mom he's ever known. It's fucked up yes, but his real mom doesn't count and she is the first mature woman he's had a relationship with. She's his teacher, confidant and friend. Not saying it's right, but that's what it is.

>>44776592
Oliver is fucked up.
>>
>>44776571
This.
Oliver's had, like, 0 parental input or oversight. He was born, his dad dragged him around the fucking country for years, he never had time to make friends or had a mother figure, he steals, and he's, maybe, killed his only family after being on his own for a while.
>>44776592
QM continues to win at all things.
>>
>>44776571
In that light, Mel's far more of a maternal figure.

>>44776620
>>
>>44776620
For cuddles
>>
>>44776620
>>
>>44776620
>>Head into town, nothing can go wrong
>>44776621
Yeah, choosing Jennifer has about a billion unfortunate implications.
>>
>>44776592
>Not flirting with goatmom
It's like you don't even want a little sister.

>>44776620
>>
>>44776620
>>44776644
Seconded
>>
I will never be able to see cafeteria food with an older woman romantically.
>>
>>44776630
Not really, Oliver can't really talk to Mel or confide in her, and she lacks the emotional maturity he needs when he's freaking out. Jennifer has those and has displayed them.

>>44776654
Indeed it does.
>>
>>44776621
>he's his teacher, confidant and friend
and his lover. That is an established fact. That's not a maternal figure anon, that's a healthy relationship. If you don't see that, you've got a long way to go.
>>
>>44776701
Dude she is STILL the closest thing to a Mom he's ever known, regardless.
>>
>>44776686
Do you not remember? This is an expensive private school. We're talking 3 star lunches.
>>
>>44776695
Jennifer really has the potential to be our closest ally.

But man, I wish wed stop trying to fuck her. She needs a boyfriend closers to her own age.
>>
>>44776733
It just seems so inherently wrong to me.
>>
>>44776729
But why would he look at her like that? His mom was a monster he spent 3 months hunting & killed.
He doesn't have a normal view of family.

>>44776752
Werewolf. Doesn't age at human rates. Is still a virgin, physically.
>>
>>44776752
Fenright, or Dad when we ress him provided Mom is still in full Vamp bitch mode, are the only two options that come to mind.
>>
>>44776752
Thiiiiiis
>>44776701
She's about the only authority figure in his life at the moment, besides Angie who is literally the wrath of god
>>
>>44776620

My dear anons, were i can see more on
>>
>>44776790
Exactly. The relationship he has with Jennifer is closer to a proper maternal relationship than what he had with his own actual mother. For all the fucked up thoughts it implies, it's true.
>>
>>44776790
>He doesn't have a normal view of family.
He knows what a family SHOULD act and look like, and she has been the closest thing to a mom in his life. It's tragic, but still accurate.
>>
>>44776790
>Doesn't age at human rates.
I don't think anything along those lines has been said.

>Is still a virgin, physically.
No hymen.
>>
“Considering the fact that town is dangerous and slowly sucking my wallet dry, here would be better. Meet me up on the roof, the same spot as last time?”

Jennifer nods and pecks you on the lips before walking off. You head for the cafeteria and try to calm yourself down a bit as you pick out some stuff from the buffet. There's steak again tonight, as well as seafood, and you assemble a little surf and turf combo on your tray, cutting the steak into strips for easy snacking. When you're satisfied with the result you head for the roof with a couple of drink in tow, and find Jennifer sitting by the edge, taking in the view of the setting sun.

“It's funny. I've seen the sun set in Italy, from the top of a mountain and through a stained glass window at a cathedral, but there's something about the way it looks tonight that I really like. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.”

You sit down beside her and set the tray between you, eating slowly and offering her a drink. You spend a little while just eating and enjoying the scenery. Before you realize it the food is all gone, and there's nothing but silence hanging over you both.

>Make a move on her.
>Well, this was nice, wasn't it. Shall we head back?
>Strike up a conversation.
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44776752
>Jennifer really has the potential to be our closest ally.
Only if we don't spurn her.

>>44776810
But he has no reason to view it that way. That's your own cable-tv view of what's right
>>
>>44776829
>Strike up a conversation.
>>
>>44776829
>Strike up a conversation
>>
>>44776826
She ages normally, and she's not a virgin, she just heals any kind of tearing or stretching down there.
>>
>>44776829
>Make a move on her.
Just make out.
>>
>>44776829
>>
>>44776829
>>
>>44776829
>Make a move on her.
Kissing would fit.
>>
>>44776833
He has no reason NOT to. Stop thinking with your dick and face the facts.

Jennifer is the closest thing he has to a mother, and he's insightful enough to realize this. His attraction to her can even be spun as an Oedipus complex with literally no effort.
>>
>>44776829
>>Strike up a conversation.
We need a little fucking guidance on holy shit what the fuck is my fucking life also DRACULA
>>
>>44776876
Did we ever actually tell her about getting pushed off a roof by a blood-pacted assassin that was forced to kill themselves with poison upon capture?
>>
>>44776876
this is reasonable. "Muh mommy" is a stupid reason, but REAL LIFE is good.>>44776829
>>
>>44776833
>But he has no reason to view it that way. That's your own cable-tv view of what's right

Actually he really does, he's noted it himself in other threads.
>>
>>44776867
>Stop thinking with your dick
I'm not, I argued against doing anything but romancing a bit. Shit's still complicated.

>>44776920
He's also noted (more recently) that he's romantically attracted to her, so stop cherry picking.
>>
You lean back a bit.

“So... I have some updates on my life, if you wanna hear about them.”

Jennifer nods slightly.

“Besides Athena, I take it?”

You chuckle a bit.

“I had a visit from a weird butler who gave me an invitation to Dracula's Christmas party.”

Jennifer looks at you for a moment.

“You as well then?”

You blink and turn towards her.

“What do you mean?”

Jennifer reaches into her purse and pulls out a black envelope.

“I was actually going to ask you to go with me as my 'plus one', if you were interested. I don't plan on going alone.”

>Sure, sounds good. I'll need to get some spats.
>What. How did you end up with one?
>I wasn't actually going to attend. It seems risky.
>Other (write-in)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.