[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever try to make a game with gunpla? Cause some friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: img_5278-640x427.jpg (64 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
img_5278-640x427.jpg
64 KB, 640x427
Anyone ever try to make a game with gunpla? Cause some friends and I wanna try.
>>
>>43717508
Mobile frame Zero, while intended for lego mecha, works brilliantly with Gunpla.
>>
>>43719929
After doing some more searching I found a system on Reddit called Build Fighters System. It's based on the Gundam Build Fighters series. I've been looking through it and it seems really cool.
>>
>>43717508
What series are these models? The designs look fairly recent.
>>
>>43720983
Not that recent, over ten years old. They're from the Gundam SEED Astray manga, one of the few decent things to come from SEED
>>
>>43721098
>SEED Astray
>Not recent
... Fuck. I'm old.
>>
>>43720264
its shit play Mobile Frame zero its way better Gundam Build Fighters is pokemon dude.. but if you really think the rules are good post them here. Mobile Frame Zero is actually like Mechaton 7th edition or some thing its not a new rule set its a evolution that got renamed when they did a lego kickstarter because gunplay is expensive in the west. trust me if you want to find people to regularly play against Mobile Frame Zero is the system you should build your mech to match. gunplay works with it you just need to get heaps of kits to get the right weapons/sensors and addons as you would build with lego. the scale is different but people are already playing larger scale MFZ and when you think about it mechs fighting scale is not as important and even on the table the simplistic smaller gunplay look great beside chubs and stuff that are basically very small Zeton mechs. Like basically sure there is the big wargames then there are niche wargames but Mobile Frame Zero because of its legacy from Mechaton isn't a Niche wargame its a long developed and updated one that a lot of people know the basic rules for. its the same as the "wings" serious of game. Wings of War and Wings of Glory where the origins of the X"wing" ruleset that fantasy flight used they actually got the rights to use some of the counters and stuff and evolve it like if your really into X'wing" you should check out thous 2 older systems even if they are out of print they are WW1 and WW2 respectively and play EXACTLY like Xwing. xwing obviously has Scifi varienty but the ruleset is copy past. I generally like getting into these kind of rulesets because it means over years and years of war gaming you can play multiple systems with the same rules. just like how I would still play 9th ed fantasy in the future even if its fanmade because it follows the same basic rule set. trust me Mobile Frame Zero is the way to go its a intergenerational ruleset and has been used for more than just one fanmade
>>
File: real nice.jpg (14 KB, 216x399) Image search: [Google]
real nice.jpg
14 KB, 216x399
>>43721363
>>
>>43721363
Here's the rulebook for Build Fighter System.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9_KWDz9NsTQVDxm6DytNwofLGphDZKGyg_pb3qvhVo/mobilebasic
>>
Mekton Zeta briefly mentions the use of Gunpla, but in order to have a build-fighters style campaign you'd have to ignore most of the more complicated rules.
>>
>>43723687
We're not looking to do a campaign we just want to have robot battles.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.