[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: 1446311437454.png (623 KB, 868x921) Image search: [Google]
1446311437454.png
623 KB, 868x921
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
Issue tracker:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Last Thread: >>43686276

Thread Question: We had a pretty good discussion about hooding on the tail end of the last general. What acts of good are you doing in the shadows, chummers?
>>
File: 1446757092150.jpg (119 KB, 646x778) Image search: [Google]
1446757092150.jpg
119 KB, 646x778
>>43715415
New thread topic: Describe your groups first encounter with weaponized cybergenetalia. How did it go?
>>
So... Say a Halloweener with a Miniwelder or Plassteel Chainsaw jumped on the roof of a moving vehicle wearing Magboots how many attacks should he be able to make before he makes a hole large enough for an Orc to jump through?
>>
File: oh jeez.jpg (16 KB, 287x425) Image search: [Google]
oh jeez.jpg
16 KB, 287x425
>>43715541
>Encountering weaponized cybergenitalia at all

Why do people do this?
>>
>>43715415
>What acts of good are you doing in the shadows, chummers?

Just finished up a bout of keeping the SINless from getting picked up off the street for medical experimentation. Some mid-level MCT exec wanted to test their new round of combat augments by stuffing homeless full of them, putting them on combat drugs and letting them run wild in the barrens. Once we were done publicly shaming the asshole and getting him fired, we tracked him down to his safehouse and left him tied to a chair with a white phosphorous grenade in his mouth.
>>
>>43715787
Because "A Christmas Story" is a timeless movie with great jokes.
>>
File: 1447889576461.jpg (97 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1447889576461.jpg
97 KB, 736x736
Rigger/decker combo.

1. Is it possible?
2. Is it viable?
3. If not, what other roles cross over well with deckers? Likewise for riggers?
>>
>>43715787
>this is instantly recognizable to me
ghost damn it, I'm too far gone
>>
>>43717464
To be fair incase's art is rather recognisable.
>>
Any tips for a first time decker? I have played before just never the decker role. Are data taps worth the nuyen? This is for fifth edition. Any skills or equipment that will make it a lot easier provided the dice comply?
>>
>>43717464
Is it futa?
>>
>>43718123
Of course it is.
>>
>>43718123
Assuming it's from the teacher thing, it might be. Can't remember if the dean had gotten involved by that point.
>>
>>43717088
I'd fug that Decker no homo
>>
>>43718281
THats a rigger you god damn pleb
>>
So what are your thoughts on magicians keeping a list of spirits they can summon that are "permanent" and not something they conjure up randomly each time?

Because I was thinking about doing something like that for a character with a certain theme going on. Would it be generally taboo or ill-advised, especially of said magician had names for each spirit he summoned?
>>
How would I modify some of the starting settings in chummer?

Such as getting rid of the 'ware grade cap and the maximum of 7 points in a contact at chargen rule.
>>
File: yumi.htm.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
yumi.htm.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Can someone please critique my character for SR5? I've never played a decker before (i know i am starting with no deck, she's poor) and have only played 1 pre-made character in the past.
>>
>>43718438
If you treat your spirits well it should be fine.
>>
>>43718679
You know the Ares Light Fire 70 does everything better than the 75 does, right? And it's cheaper?

Also, where the hell is all your... everything, really, going? You can afford a cheap deck, man. Hell, the Radio Shack deck is complete shite, but it's only 21,000 nuyen.
>>
>>43718798
All her ware was acquired in 2060 in the arco, its money she can't spend.

Combat training is minimal from her contact who set her loose. bought/given guns with smartlink and mods already built in because she has no contact to acquire new weapons or skills to mod her own.

She'll have to steal a deck.
>>
>>43718798
If you mean the damage compensator, i figure the network would probably have wanted nodes that don't fuck up every time they get an owwie.
>>
>>43718977
I hope you have a very generous GM, because you're literally leaving out the most important part of your character. Lift a shitty deck off a character in your backstory. Wire up a commlink to have a Sleaze attribute (or use the one that comes with Sleaze 5). Anything. You're gimping yourself hardcore by being a decker WITH NO DECK.
>>
>>43718798
>>43718679

Oh, and the "full face mask" is a diving mask. You may want a ballistic mask instead, I think that's what you intended.
>>
>>43719035
Ah yeah i assumed it was just a helmet/mask combo.
>>
>>43717088
1.Yes
2. Not really
3. A "drone swarm" rigger combines well with everything that leaves them a lot of nuyen to throw at drones. Decker and "driver" Rigger combine pretty poorly with other roles due to their rather specific skillsets/augs and nuyen requirements.
>>
>>43719061
Yeah, it's an unarmored gas mask that happens to be rated for working underwater and has capacity. Ballistic mask + gas mask will do what you're looking for just fine.
>>
>>43718621
There's the "ignore character creation rules" box you can check as you start your character.
>>
>>43715415

"Schtay awachy frum yonder fare maihden, shonny!"
>>
Is there a sourcebook I can read about bunraku parlors in a bit more detail? They're glossed over (probably for obvious reasons) in every book I've seen them mentioned in, but the character I'm working on is a former bunraku puppet and I'd like to try and get that part of their backstory as accurate as possible.
>>
>>43719522
Just go read Neuromancer again, we know you're ripping off Molly Millions anyway.
>>
>>43719666
I've never read Neuromancer. If I'm ripping her off, it's unintentional.

I know, shame on me. But the "local library" is an engineering reference library with no fiction books, and the only bookstore I found it at wanted $40 for a paperback. University life.
>>
File: Neuromancer.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Neuromancer.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43719715
The Matrix is your friend, omae!

But, hey, I'm feeling generous today. Here!
>>
>>43719806
Sheeeeit. Thanks, omae.
>>
>>43715415
Considering my character is a street doc who saw the glory days of the Flux State and now slums with the Neo-Anarchists in the Rhine-Ruhr-Sprawl (Hallo Herr Brackhaus!), most of his running is hooding to improve the slum.
>>
How do I build the dodgiest street sam I can?
cyberpsychosis is allowed, as I am going for a character with that anyhoo.
>>
>>43719935
Gute Morgen, mein Freund. Say, there are a couple of new corp... criminal elements in town trying to implant themselves, taking advantage of the SINless and flooding the market with dangerous subpar drek. Could you get the message across they're unwelcome here?
>>
>>43719666
Okay, coming back with an actual specific question. The major syndicates aren't the only ones running bunraku parlors, right? Reasonable to assume a smaller operation might have 3-4 of them in a shitty building?
>>
>>43720048
3-4 dolls, I should clarify, not 3-4 parlors. I'm just trying to think of a way to do this that won't piss off the Yakuza (since they're going to be our main syndicate we deal with).
>>
>>43719959

Pick up the best Rated Wired Reflexes and Reaction Enhancers you can get, then pump your Agility with Muscle Toner, pick up the Agile Defender Quality, then Full Defense every round using your extremely high Initiative.

I think there's some bioware to pump Intuition as well.
>>
>>43719959
Either rating 3 Move-by-Wire system or Alphaware Wired Reflexes 3 (use Restricted gear for that)

Then either Cerebellum Booster (if M-b-W) or Reaction Enhancers (if WR)

And then as much Muscle Toner as you can.

Max out Agi, and get both Rea and Int at (max-1) at chargen.

Get the Agile Defender quality.

Then, each turn you sacrifice one action to systematically go on Full Defense, and you roll (Rea+Int+Agi) as dodge pool. You can easily get 20+ dice on a Dodge roll.

Just pray you never get surprised.
>>
File: žabiak.png (4 KB, 280x255) Image search: [Google]
žabiak.png
4 KB, 280x255
>>43715787
>he doesn't have an DMSO-K10 coated tongues-slasher in his Cyberdick

Ach anon, why so lame?
>>
File: the trash can.jpg (17 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
the trash can.jpg
17 KB, 480x480
>>43720100
>frogposting

Because I'd rather have a cybershotgun dong
>>
>>43720057
3-4 might be a little too small, but yes, there are 'independent' pimps and parlors operating next to the big mob-controlled ones. Hell, there are even completely legal operations.
>>
>>43720169
I was aiming on a low end with that figure. But all right.
>>
So, brought to this from a question from another thread (>>43716739)
How do you have cyberspurs and do about anything? Because almost everywhere with MAD scanners/cyberware scanners should stop you, and may pretty well call the cops, with it being F rating and everything.

Another question: Why do people even bother with MADs? Because cyberware detector does the same and more and is immeasurably better at it. And it even costs the same.
>>
>>43720389
>How do you do anything with spurs?

You take on jobs that expect you to go in loud, where a scanner is the least of your problems. Alternatively, you live on Aztlan where they're legal.

>MAD scanners
Older places that never bothered to upgrade since they're good enough at what they do.
>>
File: 0124-1382940901700.jpg (430 KB, 920x641) Image search: [Google]
0124-1382940901700.jpg
430 KB, 920x641
>>43715541

I've been waiting to tell this story.

>Several Runs in, OG Johnson is dead and Evo-corp out to wreck their shit
>Party at Pub
>"Are you the group that did x Job? I have a business proposition" says the Cybered up Johnson
>Face goes off to negotiate deal after thorough weapons check
>Suddenly a wild Cyber-dick appears!
>The Face swallows a load of Laser dick and falls unconscious
>The Agent proceeds to use his Johnson to royally fuck the party
>Eventually the Package in his package runs dry
>Having blown his final load the Agent is gangbanged by the party
>Street Samurai scores the money shot, penetrating the Agent with his Sword
>Party searches the body, Fake I.D. reads: "Dick Johnson, Andrologist".
>>
>>43720493
>You take on jobs that expect you to go in loud, where a scanner is the least of your problems
That's true. But how do you even Johnson meet? I mean, most places where you meet a corporate Johnson will in the best case not let your cybered ass in.

>Older places that never bothered to upgrade since they're good enough at what they do.
That's a great info, thanks!

Are there actually any methods to hide your weapon from a cyberware scanner? Because making it non-metallic and MAD-undetectable shouldn't help, should it?
>>
So, how come there are two SRGs?
Did we Schizm into the "Runners make no money and are poor" and "Runners are stupid wealthy" camps?
Will there be Cyber-Jihad?
>>
>>43720669
Hard Target has the "Ceramic/Plassteel Components" modification for weapons, that can give up to a -6 dice modifier to MAD scanners to detect it. (At the cost of making a lot adds/mods incompatible, including the ubiquitous Smartgun System, but yeah...)
>>
>>43720669

Virtually everything security should be connected, so your decker should be able to run interference and let you pass.
You could always get some fake law enforcement SIN + License and circumvent the need for stealth altogether.
>>
>>43720753
No licenses for "F" rated gear, omae. They're illegal, go figure...

>>43720669
Option one: Matrix meet. Yes, they bring their own problems, but illegal cyberweapons are fine in the Matrix.

Option two: Have your fixer/face arrange an acceptable 'neutral ground'. Mr.Johnson isn't an idiot, he's well-aware that if he really wants to see Murdertroll and Joe Razor in the flesh, he can't just invite them into headquarters.
>>
>>43720669
There's special hold-out pistols that say they're non-detectable. Apart from those, weapons will always be detected.
>>
>>43720669
Cyberwear is actually pretty frequent. And the world doesn't discriminate against it like it does in Deus Ex. So most places will be fine. High Society you might have to cover it up with a long sleeve, yakuza style.
>>
>>43720781

Well, strictly speaking, they're illegal for civilians to use.
But I was talking about trying to pass off as someone who is entitled to be armed at all times, like military officers, so while you may not be able to justify lugging around milspec armor and an area jammer, you can still meet your Johnson in places regular licenses wouldn't pass.

But yeah, clearly if you want to go in with something super illegal, then your decker should be running interference.
>>
>>43720797
Nobody talks about discrimination, it's about laws and those pesky F ratings.
>>
>>43720781
>>43720669
There's an overview for classic meet spots in the book. From what I can recall at the top of my head it goes basically like this:
>Public spots: Malls, Night Club back rooms, Restaurants.
These places have the advantage that neither side can easily risk an armed stand-off or a straight shot in the back. The runners don't want SWAT on their ass and the corp wants to keep their shit secret, which they can't if it's all over the news.
>Out of the way places: Warehouses, the docks at midnight. Corp property.
These places are risky because they specifically allow for the aforementioned shit to happen. On the other hand, they're kind of required if any prototype, hostage or otherwise obvious shit needs to be traded. A proper runner never agrees to these meets if he can help it. If the corp suggests these without obvious reason, a good runner should consider dropping the job and walking.
>Matrix meets: Digital clubs and restaurants or other social hangouts where a meeting blends in and you can have some digital wine over the conversation. Being invited to corp property never happens, because of how inherently traceable that stuff becomes, and the Matrix doesn't really have out of the way places that aren't private.
The advantage here is combined. No risk of getting shot and complete anonymity, provided you've done your homework. A simple burner comlink that you dispose of afterwards being used as access point makes you practically unidentifiable. The downside is, on the internet nobody knows you're really a dog. A job you've being hired for over the matrix is a grab-bag, unless the Johnson supplies intel that's high grade enough to confirm what he's pretending to be. Obviously you can't exchange cred-sticks on the matrix, so only a hire usually happens over the matrix and never a debriefing. If you want to stick to the ultra-paranoia, do the exchange over dead-drops.
>>
>>43720840
Having an F-Rating obvious cybernetic seems like a bad idea chummer.
>>
File: vrgmzc4.png (173 KB, 387x402) Image search: [Google]
vrgmzc4.png
173 KB, 387x402
>>43720847
Neither was anybody talking about those.
>>
>>43720389
MAD does smells too. It'll detect plastic explosives and that sort of thing. Cyberware scanners are literally those airport nude scanners that the US uses.
>>
>>43720858
So what's the issue then? If it's not obvious there's no problem.
>>
>>43720866
Scanners, mang. It's like you even haven't read what was previously written. You can do it by clicking those funny red links with numbers in them.

>>43720861
So, yeah, cyberware scanners do the same and are better at it. To circumvent MAD you just need make it out of plastic and isolate the powder/explosives. Cyberware scanner just goes there and sees it, no matter what that shit is made of or how airtight it is. Also for the same price. However, my question has already been answered, Thank you nevertheless.
>>
>>43720861
Nope, those are olfactory scanners or "chemsniffs".

MAD is a fancy-sounding name for metal detectors
>>
>>43720890
cyberware scanners don't see through solid objects. Only clothing. They can't look into your arm.

>Millimeter wave detectionsystems, also known as cyberware scanners, process video taken in the millimeter wave spectrum to identify the energy signature of cyberware and concealed items (specifically weapons) on a person. These devices can “see through” thick layers of clothing and other concealment to identify items from a distance of fifteen meters away.

Keyword waves. Waves don't pass through solid objects. To pass through flesh, a wave would need a frequency so high that it would be radiation.
>>
>>43720944
You know of X-rays, yes? Yes, these are radiation (well, everything is, but let's not nitpick). No, nobody cares. they want to keep their facilities safe. Besides, cyberware scanners are perfectly good in finding headware or stuff you hide in your belly.
>>
>>43720962
Actually, lots of people care. Worker drones aren't mindless zombies, even though people like to portray them as such.
You need to realise that the average human hasn't changed from how life is right now in the real world. Shadowrun only happens 60 years in the future.
>>
>>43721001
But people already don't give a shit about all sorts of stuff. And if we compare modern X-rays and X-rays from 50 years ago, the amount of radiation is lots of times lower. So probably it's even better in da future.
>>
>>43721042
You ever notice how the docs leave the room before they do an X-Ray on you?
That's because for the medical benefit, subjecting the patient to a ONCE time dose of rads is worth it. But repeated exposure significantly increases cancer risks.
>>
>>43721062
Well, not a lot of people will run through a cyberware scanner all day erry day.

(also, with an x-ray it really is just a very small off-chance. Radiation amount of a CT scan is at least several hundred times bigger, and several CT per year are still considered safe)
>>
>>43721093
Then why were you talking like Cyberware scanners would be at every high class restaurant?
And if they're only at high sec corp places. Then why does the corp want their high value employees radiated everyday when they come to work?
>>
>>43721111
>implying their employees are allowed to leave work
>>
>>43721111
It depends on your definition of "high class". Most places will just have a MAD scanner, but the really fancy places (the kind where you have to book months in advance and where the price per person for a meal is higher than Joe Wageslave's salary) will have better security. Just to make sure nobody tries to harm one of their very exclusive and rich clients.

And yes, this is the kind of place a corporate Johnson might use for a meet. It's a nice way to test if the group of runners is good enough since it will be hard for them to get in.
>>
>>43721127
Cyberware scanners just work better if they're not radiation. And it's better for game balance too if they don't hardcounter your runners. How do you think a cyberware smuggling compartment works if the scanners can look inside people.
>>
>>43721193
They really aren't that great. The -10 concealability only helps against visual checks and patdowns. A scanner getting enough hits will detect the compartment (maybe not what's inside, but unless it happens to be empty, at that point it's academic.)
>>
>>43721220
The difference is allowing the Cyberware scanner to roll against it in the first place.
>>
>>43721241
There's no "allowing" involved, by RAW they're specifically designed to detect anything non-biological. Get higher grade implants and/or camouflage them as accessories to a cyberlimb. That'll make the scanner's job already a lot harder.

And if you want to go even further, get your Decker to deactivate the damn thing or have it ignore some specifics about your group. That what he's there for in the first place.
>>
>>43721453
We were talking about stuff hidden in cyberlimbs though. RAW doesn't talk about that.
>>
>>43721465
It does, albeit not in a clear manner. It all falls under "additional hits (above the treshold) provide additional details (about the piece of ware)"

Get enough hits and the scanner will give you a breakdown of what customization and accessories the limb is outfitted with. How much "enough" turns out to be is left to GM fiat. Which is a good thing since it allows him to tailor to his particular gameplay. But in the end, it'll still boil down to "camouflage as best as you can or get your Decker on it if you want to be 100% sure."
>>
>>43715751
Dunno how magboots work off the top of my head but the barrier rules will tell you how to cut a hole into just about anything
>>
>>43717088
>>43717150
Decker/rigger is totally viable. I recommend not getting a control rig because you're not going to jump into stuff; save the Essence for LOG boosters, and have some big drones to be shields for you.

On a related note, I can't remember if you can use your RCC as a cyberdeck or vice versa; I know you can load programs onto an RCC, but I don't know if there's any restrictions to how it is used. Anyone know?
>>
>>43722346
Officially, the RCC can't take attack sleaze dongles. However, that's unofficially stupid. Attach a sleaze module and do some light hacking.
>>
>>43722346
You can't use RCC as a deck, only as a hacker's commlink.

>>43722377
Dongles are for commlinks only, so that they aren't as useless compared to a deck or an RCC. After all, most dongles' functions are to give your commlink a fraction of what any deck already has.
>>
File: 1440622519307.jpg (886 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
1440622519307.jpg
886 KB, 850x1100
>>43718438
I'd say that a lot of mages would have that sort of set-up; Christian Theurges would contact specific angels/saints, hermetics would attribute the same personality to their elemental constructs, etc.

Honestly, unless you're a shaman who asks whatever spirit is around for help, or you otherwise don't care about the specific spirit, I'd imagine you'd usually call up the same spirits, at least if you want ones of decent force.
>>
Is a commlink integrated into a weapon an internal accessory for that weapon? Or can I put it into my Smartlink-enabled assault rifle, pop a stun dongle in and shock anybody who gets too close while keeping the underbarrel slot free?
>>
For a fairly standard fighty-mage, what's the go-to combat spell?

I'm looking through Manabolt/ball, Stunbolt/ball and Powerbolt/ball, but they all look pretty similar so I'm not sure which way to lean.
>>
>>43722548
Stunball is a classic because it takes people out without killing them. Manabolt is a good backup if you need to fry an individual target.
>>
File: 1438739526610.png (2 MB, 1300x3394) Image search: [Google]
1438739526610.png
2 MB, 1300x3394
Asked this in >>43716317, hoping for an answer.

How do I get two good cyberarms?

I've got a vision of a guy with two cyberarms (rigger/shotgun sammy), but I don't know how to get two worthwhile artificial ones without spending a ton of money. I've got A Resources to play with, so I'm not adverse to putting down some cash, but I do want to keep some money for pimping my ride/drones. Anyone have tips for balancing them so it actually makes them better than meat arms?
>>
>>43722346
You cannot use your RCC as Deck. Even if your GM allows you a dongle, you'll still be limited by the static stats and the need to run autosofts rather than cyberprograms.

Decker/Rigger is doable, but you need a ginormous amount of money to do both well, or a sympathetic GM that allows you to liberate a deck during your first few runs.
>>
>>43722591
If you're on a budget, 2 obvious cyberarms, customized to racial max in AGI/STR. Any further goodies you get during gameplay
>>
Ok, so this srg looks more alive.

>new gm
>distinctive style
>adept geas
>pls help

I'm a first-time gm, and one of my players makes a kee-gee-bee assassin. The twist is, he wants a cyberadept with manablade (think dark templar, for the lack of manablade in 4e elemental strike was used).
Does the "only kills with manablade" qualify for distinctive style? Atm I ruled no, since the wounds won't be that much different from monomolecular stuff wounds.
How do I go about geas(a) for several powers? One geas per power, but more relaxed, or one super harsh geas for all of them?

How much do geasa bite the adepts in the backside in your games, srg? How much is too much?
>>
>>43722591
A full arm with Armor 2, Agility 6, Enhanced Agility 3 would cost 55,500. You can add more strength to it I guess.
>>
>>43722548

Stunball. Low drain, drops them just fine, doesn't kill, and goes through their armour.

I'd probably take an AOE spell as well, just in case. Fireball, Ball Lightning are both killy and have useful effects, for those times you just need to wreck a lot of people at once.

>>43722525
Given that it mentions that it's an accessory, I'd say it takes a slot. Otherwise it'd have said modification, or internal. Having said that, 4th ed said that it was internal, and given the size of modern commlinks, I'd say that's entirely reasonable. If you can have internal smartlinks...
>>
>>43722731

Adepts aren't that common, adepts using elemental strike are less common, and a guy that only brain-blades people to death is pretty distinctive.
>monomolecular stuff
Says YOU. You can also say that any coroner would look at those wounds and say 'hey, these don't look like regular mono wounds'. In some small fashion. Plus the fact that the guards saw the guy killing people with an energy blade. That's pretty noticeable. I mean, it's not every day that some guy shoreyuken's your buddy, let alone cuts his face off with a glowing green arm blade.

Geas's are as much an excuse for roleplaying as anything else. They're inconvinient, but not hugely so, for the most part. Sometimes they'll complicate stealthy, or constricted, insertions.

Remember, at the end of the day, the boost they'll get isn't hugely significant. Useful, sure, but not really a major shift in character power.

What geas's did he have in mind?
>>
Using karmagen for 4e, why are other metatypes allowed to spend more on attributes than humans? Is there a balance somewhere?
>>
>>43722731
I wouldn't give him distinctive style for just the Manablade. Manablade plus geas plus "only kills with manablade" is enough to warrant distinctive style. If the guy is going to use literally a single weapon (formed from the essence of nature), police and corps are going to realize the pattern of dead mall cops.
>>
File: Zipping Along.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
Zipping Along.gif
2 MB, 636x288
How subtle are weapon mounts?

Can you build a gun into a van that is concealed (possibly taking up a seat) but pops out to unleash hell? Or, like always, is the answer, "Wait until Rigger 5?"
>>
>>43722731
>Does the "only kills with manablade" qualify for distinctive style?
No it doesn't, he'd have to go for a specific way to kill with his psyblade for that, or leaving som kind of "call card".

>How much do geasa bite the adepts in the backside in your games, srg?
Frequently. Negative qualities and geasa are supposed to hamper PC's otherwise they just amount to free karma.

>How much is too much?
It has to be enough of a bother that the playe considers buying it off. Otherwise, see above.
>>
>>43722968

Check out 4th ed's arsenal. There's rules there for concealed/not concealed/heavy/remote controlled, etc, weapons.
>>
What gangs have featured in your campaigns, outside of the standard Seattle gangs/syndicates?
>>
does anyone have like, a version of 5e with all the dumb pointless bullshit cut out?
>>
File: shadowrun 5e.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun 5e.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43723275
>>
>>43723343
Very funny, guy.

>>43723275
Should I dump the 5e cheetsheet PDFs or what? I think they're in the pastebin now, though.
>>
File: Excited Ray.gif (930 KB, 160x215) Image search: [Google]
Excited Ray.gif
930 KB, 160x215
>>43723343
[ ]NOT REKT
[ ]REKT
[X] BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>43723370
I don't see em in there bozz
>>
File: Player Reference.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Player Reference.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43723275
>>43723409
Then I know what I must do.
>>
>>43723409
>>43723423
No, he's blind; line 13, anon.
>>
File: GM Reference.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
GM Reference.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43723423
>>
>>43723438
Boo. Oh well.
>>
>>43723048
>he'd have to go for a specific way to kill with his psyblade for that, or leaving som kind of "call card".
That would be Signature, not Distinctive Style.
>>
>>43722889
Could anyone shine some light on this? Am I doing it wrong?
>>
File: 1438980778062.jpg (76 KB, 502x616) Image search: [Google]
1438980778062.jpg
76 KB, 502x616
Elves have Sperethiel, orcs have Or'zet... Do dwarves have a language?

Is it Yiddish?
>>
>>43723492

I suspect it'll have something to do with the potentially higher stat limits for various metatypes. You might not be able to GET to strength 10 as a troll without spending more.
>>
>>43723505
>Implying the elves aren't Jews

They take land for their own that isn't theirs and then create massive states that seek to expand their borders(Mostly taingire because Na Nog is a island
>>
>>43723492
Trolls cost 50 karma .

To upgrade to 6 strength you need to spend 30 karma.

Frankly i think its bullshit you need to spend such a massive amount of karma to be a Troll
>>
>>43723559
In 5e, I make Metatypes free for Karmagen, because playing a Troll who wants to have average troll strength and body is a serious tax.
>>
>>43723548
>implying Tír na nÓg isn't trying to undercut the UK and take the British Isles for themselves
>Implying Pendragon wasn't an agent of the monarchy beating the Tir to the punch and taking the wind out of revolutionary sails
>>
>>43723548
You just described human beans there. And also elf beans I guess.
>>
>>43723587
Frankly i say keep the karma tax and make them pay like they were upgrading from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6

>>43723596
Pendragon was Perianwyr just fucking with the stupid plebs
>>
>>43723607
Just say "corps".
>>
>>43723608
In a perfect world, thats what I would do.
However, we use Chummer and theres no option for that houserule. As long as nobody in the group abuses the "free troll", I'll keep using it.
>>
>>43723648
Actually...

That is a houserule that was in chummer 4e

Someone actually talked about it and asked yekka if he could add it back
>>
>>43723623
A: with the exception of Vietnam, nation-states aren't corps.
B: with the exception of Vietnam, corps don't care about land.
>>
>>43723683
>corps don't care about land

Aztlan and the PCC would like a word...
>>
>>43723699
Oh, sorry. With the exception of Vietnam and the PCC for those two then.
>the Azzies
The Azzies are mostly in it for blowing up the world, gaining land is just a side effect.
>>
>>43723559
Looking at RC, metatypes don't have any actual karma cost, so it just seems like elves and trolls and the like can just buy more attributes at chargen than humans.
>>
>>43723779
What is RC? Also you do pay more for a metatype in karma its 50 karma for a normal Troll i know thsi
>>
>>43723866
Runner Companion.

4e's "Run Faster"
>>
>>43723779
The errata (only in the german version) does make you pay for meta but it always felt like a stupid rule if the attribute bonuses were counted before spending karma.
>>
>>43724048
Ah, I see.

I'm trying to crank out some pre-gen characters for a one-off Food Fight, but I suck at character generation. I'm using Chummer, with Karmagen because I see it talked about being better than BP quite a lot.
>>
Can you replace a lower-grade gas vent system in a weapon with an adequate one? It's getting frustrating to see a weapon with some RC only to read that it comes from rating 2 gas vents instead of some wizard bullet chamber technology. Even gun nuts at Ares pull that off, what the hell.
>>
>>43723779
>>43724048
>>43724227
Nope, RC second printing (English) lists a Metatype cost, "as BP". The one with the girl jumping the fence on the cover. I keenly remember this fact due to getting into a couple fights over it.

If you're concerned about imbalance, there's the houserule to adjust metatype attributes after chargen (i.e. you pay Karma for attributes as though you start at rating 1).
>>
>>43724260
Yeah, but it's at the full cost of the new system, on top of whatever premium you paid for the weapon and its stock internals. It's a small premium to pay, anyway.
>>
>>43724260
Yes, you can. Use the rules for modifications in Run & Gun pg. 51.
>>
>>43724267
Ah, right. I've just found that as a houserule on Chummer, so I've thrown that on.

Thanks.
>>
>>43724267
Wait, does the second printing of BP exist in PDF? The only copy I've ever seen was with the free meta and attributes costed at x3 Karma
>>
>>43724384
>go to check pastebin
>RC first printing is up
hoo boy, gonna have to fix that
>>
>>43724629
Hey, you find a copy of the second printing, send it my way. I'll get that shit squared away.
>>
>>43724799
Yup, I'm double checking a few other volumes for which I have second printing PDFs at the moment. I'll pop them into the MF.
>>
>>43724844
You're pretty awesome for delivering. Sadly I only have the 420 core book so people always bringing up second printings of the core supplements just makes me envious.
>>
>>43724799
And done:
2nd prints for Arsental and RC
3rd prints for Augmentation and Unwired

Sadly I don't have the updated Street Magic
>>
>>43725131

Any chance you have Sin Dreams and Nightmares? It's missing from the mediafire.
>>
>>43725212
Indeed it is and indeed I do.
>>
>>43725131
You are a greatly appreciated scholar.
>>
>>43725271

You da man, man.
>>
File: SHADOWRUN.jpg (398 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
SHADOWRUN.jpg
398 KB, 550x600
>>43725275
>>43725594
Nope, just a damn dirty pirate.
>>
>>43725631
You think we're all upstanding citizens here, omae?
>>
File: 1359155719899022221.jpg (42 KB, 250x316) Image search: [Google]
1359155719899022221.jpg
42 KB, 250x316
Create this as a decker, y/n?
>>
>>43725631
But a damned dirty pirate I like (and who happens to be a greatly appreciated scholar)
>>
>>43725631
God damnit, this pic will never fail to make me laugh.
>>
>>43718123
buttsmithy.com
>>43723661
Didn't I turn it back on? I thought I did.
>>
>>43725131
Bonza. I'll lob them over to the Mega.
>>
Is an adept-driver build viable?
>>
>>43726832
>is an adept-something build viable
The answer is always yes.
>>
>>43726832
Adept anything is viable due to how WAAAHHHH BROKEN they are. It's time you learned that Punching Things isn't the only thing Adepts are good at.
>>
>>43726832
I've seen people build it. I mean, you can get a ridiculous amount of dice as an adept. Only thing you sacrifice is that priority slot. And well, the benefits of the rigger implants. Unless you go burnout, but that's really gotta be costly.
>>
>>43726832
Adepts are always viable because they're the most broken thing in Shadowrun
>>
>>43727230
Let's not get carried away.

Physical Adepts are way less broken than mysads
>>
>>43727394
Both are adepts though, and both are broken as frag. Seriously, why is it that throughout 3 (4 maybe? I can't remember if they were in second) editions Adepts have always been the best. It's the worst.
>>
>>43727429
Magic gives you too little for not that much expense. Adepts being able to initiate is bullshit. Initiation in general is bullshit that favors the devs' personal DMPCs and means most development for magical characters is going to be free of cash sinks (I'm thinking of making initiation a cash sink IMC). The in-game economy is retarded. Essence costs are too high and putting bioware on the same scale as cyber made it worse.
>>
>>43727492
Shadowrun has sort of always favoured Magic over Machine (Though it was somewhat better in the older editions (EXCEPT FOR FUCKING ADEPTS)). The only great equalizer is Move By Wire, which in older editions gave you extra actions in your initiative pass (MBW 3 gave +1 full action, MBW 4 gave +2 full actions) but those were the highest of high level things, and really didn't help when you were starting out with an adept who keeps all his essence and still gets the effects of jacked reflexes.
>>
>>43727492
>Essence costs are too high and putting bioware on the same scale as cyber made it worse.
I dearly hope you're not proposing a return of Body Indexes.
>>
>>43727574
Yes
What was the problem with that, huh?
>>
>>43727574
Not necessarily. I'm probably just going to halve all bio ESS costs and remove them altogether for geneware and biosculpting. It's just tempting to have two different scales.
>>
>>43722814
>isn't hugely significant
Have I mentioned that Way is also involved? Two 25 percent discounts on something like Improved Reflexes are huge in my book.

What we had in mind was "kill only w/manablade" geas for the blade itself AND reflexes. Having this geas only for the blade looks overly harsh (and seems not worth the discount on an already cheap power). Wouldn't it be too easy? Shouldn't I maybe change the wording to "only fight with manablade", thereby excluding automatics + SnS from his potential repertoire? In case you're wondering, his AGI was going to be in hardmaxed regions of 10+ last time I checked.

>>43723048
Pls have a look at the geas above. What do you think?

>>43722944
It is going to be manablade + geas, righto. So, the cheapest distinctive style seems okay?

Am I also correct assuming that adept has no means to erase the astral signature of his power being used? Can the party mage do it for him?
>>
>>43718977
Data trails has some dongles for comm links that give them a tiny attack and sleaze rating, at least start with that
>>
>>43728300
Do they fix the problem where commlinks have a limit of 0
>>
>>43728342
Yes. They give the aforementioned ratings, thus raising the limits.

(btw, you know that you can always say you built your deck yourself?)
>>
>>43725697
as about the most easly fried decker in existence? oh frig I miss that show...
>>
What initiative boosters should a Rigger have? If any, for that matter?
>>
>>43729346
Driver Rigger or Drone Rigger?
>>
>>43727622
And then your mages chortle in glee because they can take even more of the bioware that they want in a single point of Essence. Do what you wanna do, but making cyberware cheaper isn't going to do a lot to rebalance the magic/mundane divide.
>>43729346
Depends on their role, but generally you'd be in VR and using your Matrix Initiative.
>>
>>43729346
improved reflexes, because the best riggers are adepts that manage a horde of roto drones while also shooting
>>
>>43729415
>the best [__] are adepts

Never fails to disappoint.
>>
I really want to get into a ttrpg, and for ages I was looking at dnd, but shadowrun seems cool as hell. Any pros or cons to playing shadowrun as my first pen and paper?
>>
>>43729966
Pros: Its fun if you have a good group
Cons: Its complicated as fuck. Its abysmal with a bad group.
>>
>>43729993
This is largely accurate.

The main issue I find, people have with it, is it is a very proactive game. You will spend entire sessions sitting around talking about the course of action you want to take and the pro's and con's of each one of them and in some cases people will have no relevant abilities or functions in these sessions.

It will also make DnD and many other RPGs seems like insanely boring railroads by comparison.
>>
Is there a way to remove racial negative qualities in Chummer like the Pixie's Uneducated quality?

I try to just delete it and it breaks.
>>
>>43730084
Have you tried not being a Pixie?
>>
>>43729966
If you aren't min maxing out the gate your character is terrible. The classless system is a lie as most characters end up maxing the same thing out the gate to be effective in their own niche, any real custimization comes from random secondary skills that rarely come up in game. It's filled with trap options if you're getting cyberwear.
>>
>>43730195
WotC go home, you're drunk.
>>
>>43730195
/srg/ is full of grogs and operators, of course most of the people you see here minmax to fuck
>>
File: generic_drone_guardian.png (81 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
generic_drone_guardian.png
81 KB, 212x278
If there's a Rigger during Food Fight, should the drones wait in the car, or come into the store with the team beforehand?

I think the drones in the Harebrained games are a lot cooler than the ones the books give us.
>>
>>43730105
No but seriously, how do I do it?
>>
File: trollfiltrator.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
trollfiltrator.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Help /srg/, we've been out of our home turf for quite a while and are just getting back to the sprawl. I've managed to save like 18 Karma and ¥70,000 and I don't know what to spend them on.

This is what I'm working with right now.

Also there is no good pictures of African American trolls.
>>
>>43729395
Which is why I'm going to put a cash sink in initiations.
>>
>want to play dangerous machine assimilating AI
>simply not possible in shadowrun
dangit
>>
>>43730598
What have you been looking at? It's possible, but sub optimal. 5e included, now that data trails is out
>>
>>43730337
On a more serious note, do Drones automatically have three initiative passes?

I kinda wanted to limit my players to one IP each for the first game, just to keep it fair and simple, but if drones always have three, then it seems the rigger has an advantage.
>>
>>43730684
I am certain that if I look into that, the AI will be straight worse at everything than an equivalent human.
>>
>>43730698
If I remember right, they're straight worse at everything UNLESS you take Exceptional Entity, at which point they become straight better at everything.
>>
I love the theme/setting of shadowrun, and really want to introduce my players to it.

I've never played or read a rulebook of it though. Which edition would you recommend for a new gm/players?
>>
>>43730698
I hear Priority with an AI is straight up sodomy, but sum-to-ten and even karmagen make it work.
>>
>>43730733
5th edition.
>>
>>43730733
You'll find a lot more support for 5e at the moment.

Run Food Fight
>>
>>43730355
Bleah, I knew there was something I forgot to fix. It'll be fixed in the next version, or you can use the nightlies. Give this a crack. https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/tag/Nightly-v1.0.544
>>43730698
AIs have one neat trick where they can bum-rush a persona out of a deck using Bootstrap, but they're generally VERY fragile.
>>
>>43730757
Why does everyone suggest Food Fight? It's really not the best thing you could use for a starter. It doesn't give a great feel of the world, it doesn't set any definite tone, it doesn't have any intrigue, etc, etc. It seems more like something you'd put on a random encounter list than you would an actual module.
>>
>>43730746
>>43730757
Thanks chummers. Downloading now.
>>
>>43730779
>>43730735
>>43730723
the hardest part is getting your AI into some drones and making them operate them any better than a normal rigger.
>>
>>43730800
It's fun, simple, and braindead. You don't want or need anything else when you first try a system. After Food Fight, yeah, you need something more involved, in depth and with a more relevant setting. But Food Fight is the absolute best you can have as a start.
>>
>>43730820
The hardest part is being a fragging toaster.
>>
>>43730875
Actually, out of curiosity, is it possible to make an AI character in Chummer? I don't see any support for it from a cursory glance.
>>
>>43731103
Not currently. Depth is annoying to implement, so I've been doing other shit. It'll get done eventually.
>>
>>43731122
Ah well. I've made enough characters off Chummer that I can do an AI by hand if I need to. It'll be a pain, but whatever.

>Only metasapient AIs are available as player characters

Never mind, I don't actually care any more. I just wanted to be an e-ghost ;_;
>>
Gel rounds and stick-and-shock rounds. When should you use which?
>>
>>43731519
In 4th edition, use stick-n'-shock.

In 5th edition, use gel rounds.
>>
>>43732089
Any particular reasoning for gel rounds in 5E? Side effects of electricity seem pretty solid.
>>
>>43731519

The -init penalty and -1 die pool for the electric damage still makes SNS the stronger pick for me in 5e.
>>
>>43731176
You can totally be an e-ghost; read one page farther and check the AI Variant table.

The book says metasapient only, but all the rules are there for e-ghosts, and it's not like it's gamebreaking to play one vs. the other.
>>
>>43732149
It doesn't actually mention that the rules include e-ghosts for player characters until fifteen pages later, and even then only mentions it in passing. But yeah, suppose it IS there. But two of the four variants there are explicitly NPC only.

Why couldn't it just say "metavariant and e-ghost" instead of having to hunt 15 pages later?
>>
>>43732099
Most people have Physical limits of 4 or 5, gel rounds can take folks down easy as can be. The init penalty is fine, but personally I find it a lot more useful to knock someone on their ass and have the melee characters give them the Duncan Wu.
>>
>>43732216
All right. And if I take an Ares Alpha, I imagine flashbangs are as incredible as they seem to be for the underbarrel?
>>
Can you guys suggest to me any good Shadowrun novels? I love the setting, but don't get enough time to really play. I also think my wife might like it(she's big into fantasy stuff in modern times, and when I described Shadowrun to her she seemed interested).
>>
File: 1439033762060.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439033762060.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43723505
Why don't Dwarves have their own language? It's implied that they have a network, a strong sense of cultural unity and deal-making that transcends borders. They should totally have their own tongue they communicate in, a private language fit for their ears and their ears alone.

Sounds like someone needs to dig up an old dictionary.
>>
>>43732410
I'm betting the elves were behind it
>>
>>43732398
Read the OP
>>
>>43732398
Nigel Findley is probably the best SR novelist overall; try 'House of the Sun.'

Burning Bright is still good if you don't mind winding back the timeline.
>>
>>43732410
Maybe you could find out more in the Dwarven underground.
>>
File: Dorf Threads.png (132 KB, 550x281) Image search: [Google]
Dorf Threads.png
132 KB, 550x281
>>43732505
>mfw dwarves do have a secret language
>mfw Dwarven is so secret non-dwarves haven't even heard of it.
>>
>>43732347
5e completely fucked up grenade rules to the point where they're a win button for whoever throws them first so long as it's not a huge open space.
>>
>>43732410
Into the Shadows is great, but it is old as fuck in game and for reals. It's a collections of short stories, some are good, some are bad, some are utter nonsense (a genetically engineered form of orcs called Uruk Hai for fuck sake). But it is a great overview of Shadowrun.
>>
>>43730690
Yes, they do.
However on the flipside their dicepools are pretty shitty, and then go down like a sack of shit from a holdout.
>>
>>43732539
So don't take grenades so that I don't escalate the arms race too far. Okay.

Our rigger's gonna have flashbangs on his mounted Alphas though, I think. Fair enough to him, drones are weak as it is. Might as well throw a little more firepower onto them.
>>
>>43730779
Thanks yekka.

Also, are you going to put in the ability to make designer drugs in chummer?
>>
File: 1437956321437.jpg (243 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
1437956321437.jpg
243 KB, 1024x942
>>43732589
Non-lethal grenades are not that bad, but you can get chunky salsa by the case if you get anything with P damage.
>>
>>43732606
The only thing stopping me from doing it as is is a discussion about whether drugs should have support for doing the stat changes.
>>
How the fuck do you acquire high availability gear post character creation?

Like even if your face can throw 16 dice at a negotiate your chances of getting a 12F piece of gear is next to nothing.
>>
>>43730434
Get some fake SINs, duh.
>>
Is it an acceptable racket to acquire fake SINs, give them to sinless who aren't runners, and get them to wageslave, in exchange for a percentage of their income?
>>
File: Dollface.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dollface.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Didn't get any feedback the last time around, but I think I've got something solid here. Anyone mind looking over it? Street sam with a heavy helping of skillwires and 'softs. I'm probably gonna end up being our in-a-pinch decker down the line as well, the way our group's forming up.

If it helps for group-based recommendations, the rest of the group:
>Corp-limited SINner face who's been forced out into the world on his own, without his wealth or corporate contacts
>Redneck Rigger with Humanis sympathies, drives the group van and fields a wing of roto-drones while screaming in a mostly unintelligible accent
>Illusion mage, rigger's roommate, who I haven't heard anything from in a while so I can't speak to anything about him
>>
>>43732841
How do you figure that? You roll 16, the thing rolls 12. Odds are you'll get more successes.
>>
So, is there an "I owe you one" rule for contacts in Shadowrun? Some way to boost their abilities or willingness to do something if you declare that you owe them a solid?
>>
>>43732965
Wait. Wait wait wait. I need to get my book.

FUCK!

Oh man We've been doing it like availability is thresholds, not opposed test.

Man I knew getting our GM was fucking us over, we have been buying so much shit legally it makes me sick. I am going to get so many Aztechnology Strikers that he is going to rue the day.
>>
>>43733066
RF 176. That's literally the name of the rule.
>>
>>43733102
Awesome, thanks anon. I knew there had to be something like that.
>>
File: 1417978411949.jpg (71 KB, 533x471) Image search: [Google]
1417978411949.jpg
71 KB, 533x471
>>43733092
>43733092
>threshold of 16
>>
>>43732949
Cyberlimbs don't need to be customized to your meatbody agi and str - they can be customized up to your racial max.

If you're willing to drop the robot arms for str/agi boosting augs, you could look into using the Restricted Gear quality to start with rating 3 Move by Wire. Lotta essence, but it does the job of both wired reflexes and skill wires for relatively little nuyen.
>>
>>43733223
>Cyberlimbs to racial max

Sheeeit, I didn't know that. Does the augmented maximum still apply for the enhanced STR/AGI mods?

>dropping robot arms

The robot arms are half of the remnants of what this character started as, and I really do like them both mechanically and fluff-ly. (Originally was going to just be skillwires and four modular limbs, but that ran into essence problems) And I'm not really a fan of Move by Wire for fluff reasons, even if it's objectively great at what it does.
>>
>>43733254
I read that as "cyberlimbs to anal sex" until I looked at it again.
>>
>>43733254
Consider cyberlimbs separate from your other stats. They don't factor into your physical limit, they don't factor into your augmented maximum, and they don't factor into most of your tests, unless you're actually using that limb. Dumping stats with cyberlimbs is pretty acceptable, all things considered. Don't go overboard or you won't move an inch, and a feather might bring you down.

Consider Redliner from Chrome Flesh if you have more than one.
>>
>>43733297
brb, putting modular mount on a cyberdick to attach on my forearm
>>
>>43733092
I imagine he's trying to force you to send shit through your contacts? I did the same thing for a while until I changed tack and just give contacts like Connection*3 for their specialty.
>>
File: 1447033506526.jpg (582 KB, 1920x852) Image search: [Google]
1447033506526.jpg
582 KB, 1920x852
Help me /srg/ I don't know any lingo from 2072.
>>
>>43733409
You're welcome
>>
>>43733394
Beats me, but even then our contacts would be struggling to gather up shit that was above availability 6.
>>
So suppressors are forbidden, but if a weapon has an integrated suppressor it's only restricted?
>>
>>43733598
Yes.
>>
>>43733598
Exactly
>>
>>43733598
One of the restricted guns with a suppressor also has gas vents, which make the whole construction very dumb (and it's ironically called "Smartgun"). Maybe HK-227 is considered hot garbage not worth bothering with.
>>
So... it would be fair to say going over the Median on the highway in a Limo would be extreme threshold of 5 or more right?

Say the players are on a 3 lane highway in the left lane... a Hyundai Shin-Hyung is on your right when the Force 6 Great Form Shadow Spirit opens an astral gateway in their lane what would I have the player to roll to avoid it?
>>
>>43733778
Why don't they just use the old legality codes? They make so much more sense.
>>
>>43726336
There hasn't been a chummer main release in almost a month man
>>
>>43733791
The other guy's all 'No man, don't release it yet! I'm working on the skills recode and it'll be so much harder for me to deal with it afterwards!'

That's the reason I started doing the nightly build stuff. Since I only do releases for stuff that compiles properly anyway they're more or less stable releases.
>>
>>43733781
Can't imagine a bike is going to stop a limo. Check to avoid spinning out, sure, assuming the bike just sits there, but assuming there's some space before the portal, it doesn't seem like a particularly hard manuver. Even a limo can change lanes pretty quickly.

5 is pretty extreme. That's something that almost noone can pull off. I'd say it's easier to handle it as something that'll likely damage the limo, and a good roll will mitigate that. Depends on the median strip design.

>>43733790
Same reason they removed weights, and the various damage codes. Trimming the fat. Fat that varied, and tended to be pretty self-explanatory anyway. Surprised they didn't add the legality codes back as an optional, though. We could do with a new Law Enforcement themed book. The old Lone Star one was pretty interesting.

>>43728217

Didn't 5th ed explicitly remove Improved Reflexes for the eligable powers for The Ways specifically because it was so expensive, and such an excellent candidate for Way cheese?

If you're worried about it, then the very easy way is to not allow him to use a geas for Improved Reflexes. Pretty obvious he's doing it for optimisation reasons more than anything else.
>huge in my book
Even assuming he took a higher level of Improved Reflexes, he's only gaining a PP or two. Useful, but...

>astral sig
Mages can. Plus I'd check the errata, because ATM Adept powers are iffy when it comes to leaving sigs. They're not spells, rituals, or critter powers, nor foci, lodges, etc.
>>
>>43734220
Hyundai Shin-Hyung is a Sport Sedan

Also 5 is extreme but a Control Rig reduces the threshold by your ratng
>>
>>43734220
I'd say that activated adept powers (like attribute boost) probably leave an astral signature for sure. Passive ones, probably not.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.