[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TG, how do you weigh the "giants" of your setting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
TG, how do you weigh the "giants" of your setting? By giants, I mean humanoid creatures anywhere from 50% to 100% larger than your typical human, a la the picture on the left. Do you do a lazy scaling based on the creature maintaining standard human proportions and bodily diameters, or do you attempt to try and devise something biologically accurate/plausible, with the substantially thicker limbs and bones proportional to height, increased bone and muscle density, etc? What weight would you expect a 2.5-metre humanoid to have? How much stronger would you expect a "tribal" male of the species to be, as compared to a "tribal" male human?
>>
relevant link
https://www.quora.com/How-biologically-plausible-are-giant-humans
>>
>>43714816
I go for the lazy scaling. Past a certain height even changing the proportions doesn't make the giant any more biologically plausible, so I just assume that they have some exotic compounds in their tissues with strength to weight ratios sufficient for their size to work.
>>
File: 1443317811909.jpg (31 KB, 400x435) Image search: [Google]
1443317811909.jpg
31 KB, 400x435
>>43714816

Is that a legit scale chart? Cause it's really unnerving.
>>
>>43715021
No, they just cranked up a silhouette of an orangutan.

Those legs wouldn't be able to support that body.
>>
>>43715110

well yeah I read that, I'm just asking if this was actually "officially" used in something abou gigantopithecus

It's not the size that wigs me out, it's the hair tufts and the creepy tiny eyes
>>
>>43715021
They probably would've been substantially more bulky than what's shown in the image, actually. The creatures in the graph are, as mentioned, of conventional orangutan proportions, and simply scaled up for convenience's sake; the "real thing" would need a thicker set of limbs and torso to support its size. So no, it's not legit, the actual gigantopithecus would be far more terrifying.
>>
File: 1399503920897.jpg (80 KB, 797x960) Image search: [Google]
1399503920897.jpg
80 KB, 797x960
>>43715021
>>43714816
Oh fuck yeah, Gigantopithecus Blacki. Coolest hominid ever. Must have been fucking terrifying.
>>
I made giants and the even bigger titans as progenitors of the human and other mortal races. They are lanky, strong and good at regenerating their body to keep up with the demands of their huge size. Every motion can snap a few ligaments, but that's OK because they don't feel pain in that way.

The humans worship them as Gods along with the planets.

The joke is that those Giants never invented humans nor give a shit about them. Trolls are the 'true' race that they spread to the stars. They share far more traits and are more useful for living on a planet then humans.
>>
>>43714816
lazy scaling.

If I'm making a giant that looks like an actual giant might, I would call it a bigfoot or wendigo.
>>
>>43715021
It's from the Wikipedia page for Gigantopithecus, so it is a legit image.

Apparently they co-existed with homo sapiens and erectus, but their actual size can only be estimated since the only fossils of them are teeth and mandibles.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.