[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Infernal Quest (Exalted)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Infernal Quest.jpg (39 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
Infernal Quest.jpg
39 KB, 500x400
You have been chosen by the All-Makers to be their hand in the world. But first, who are you?

>Name, Gender
>Backstory, what did you fail at to become an Infernal.
>Patron Yozi, Favored Yozi

>Malfeas
>Cecelyne
>She Who Lives In Her Name
>Adjoran
>Kimbery
>Metagos
>Isdoros
>Szoreny
>Orasmus
>Sacheverell
>Elloge
>Cytherea
>Hegra
>Mardukth
>Ta'akozoka
>Elloge
>Qaf
>>
>Orasmus
Shit, should be Oramus.
>>
>>43709404
Tarris Male
Was hunting in the wild tracking a great beast he had shot. Turn back on the third day when it's exhausted corpse was just over the ridgeline. Thus his village starved.
>Qm's pick based on fluff.
>>
>>43709404
Futa
>>
>>43709620
no
>>
>>43709404
>Name, Gender
Thiyira, Female

>Backstory, what did you fail at to become an Infernal.
I always wanted to be the general of an important battle, but there were always dragonblooded around who took charge. One day I finally got my chance. I chickened out at the last moment.

>>Patron Yozi, Favored Yozi
Malfeas, Oramus
>>
>>43709641
Are you discriminating against Futa's? Quest dropped.
>>
>>43709687
Futas have no place until higher essence levels desu
>>
>>43709662
Is currently winning over >>43709592 due to increased information. If anyone wants to change this, do so before I get back from dinner.

Malfeas Caste Abilities: Presence, Expression, Resistance. This is what you'd get if you took Malfeas as your patron.

Oramus Caste abilities: Occult, Travel, Awareness (What you'd have with Oramus as your patron. Note that Occult covers creating objects, dealing with the supernatural, and treating illness)
>>
>>43709662
I'll second this
>>
>>43709881
>presence, expression, resistance, occult, awareness
All of these are gold. Travel is eh, but good enough as a package deal with the others.
>>
File: 1418599671238.png (176 KB, 601x669) Image search: [Google]
1418599671238.png
176 KB, 601x669
Be careful, OP
>>
Thiriya wins. Adding characterization to her will give you one xp for each bit (She has a lover +1 xp, her lover is one of her subordinates, +1xp, she was going to be an Immaculate monk before she ended up becoming a soldier, +1 xp She's a patrician member of House Tepet, +1 xp)

Writing up her character sheet and the next post now.

Do
>>
>>43710589
She's from the south and has light brown skin and red hair, as is fairly common there. She's from one of the realm satrapies down there. Her name means steel. It actually does mean that IIRC, it's from dwarf fortress elvish. She liked to dabble in a lot of different things like leading soldiers and guards, learning stuff about creation, and traveling. She dislikes dragonbloods because they always tended to outdo and outshine her at everything.
>>
You wake from dreams of alien landscapes and gods beyond all reason with a start. You are curled within a warm cocoon, of what you cannot tell, as the light does not penetrate it. It feels warm, and comfortable.

After an intermittent amount of time, feel the urge to stretch, and as you do the cocoon shatters. You blink in the harsh light of day, for the first time in what feels like forever.

The hot summer sun of the Camban region beats down on you, though you are used to the heat by now. You can see the jungle, with a few bodies still scattered around from when you attempted to make your last stand, before that thing offered you a deal. You choke back a cry at the memory, of your men falling to the barbarians and their anathema master.
>>
You decide to:
>search the jungle for survivors. They'll still be around, right?
> There was a town you passed a few days ago, go there
>Find the Anathema Therisa's troops. The creature said it would give you power, and you're looking for revenge.
>>
>>43710929
>search the jungle for survivors. They'll still be around, right?
>>
>>43710929
>Find the Anathema Therisa's troops. The creature said it would give you power, and you're looking for revenge.
>>
>>43710929
>>
>>43710929
>>Find the Anathema Therisa's troops. The creature said it would give you power, and you're looking for revenge.
>>
You search the jungle for signs of the Anathema's whereabouts. You cannot help but notice that the signs of battle have faded. How long were you out for?

As you search, you feel a presence in your head. The presence feels
>Weak (costs no chargen resources)
>Like it can communicate with you. How strong is it? (Costs 1-5 resource [specify] Results in a headbuddy. Is a perquisite for some charms)

You can tell from the remains of the battlefield that not only did you loose, but the Anathema's army is likely pushing the remaining Realm forces to the Ang-Teng border. They may not stop there.

>This is more about testing some powers out. This is personal.
>Who cares if some Dragonblooded get what's coming to them? I'm going to [] instead of chasing after them.
>>
>>43711194
>>Weak (costs no chargen resources)
>>Who cares if some Dragonblooded get what's coming to them? I'm going to [figure out what the fuck is happening to me] instead of chasing after them.
>>
>>43711194
>Like it can communicate with you. How strong is it? (Costs 3 resource [specify] Results in a headbuddy. Is a perquisite for some charms)
>>
>>43711194
>Like it can communicate with you. How strong is it? (Costs 3 resource [specify] Results in a headbuddy. Is a perquisite for some charms)
>>
File: 1.jpg (422 KB, 1455x850) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
422 KB, 1455x850
So we're somewhere around here.
>>
Congradulations, you have an unwoven coadjutor! What species is it?

A Nemoah scholar?
A Erymanthoi warlord?
A Decanthorpe assassin?
>>
>>43711194
>Weak
>>
>>43711523
>A Nemoah scholar?
>>
>>43711523
>A Nemoah scholar?
>>
>>43711523
>A Decanthorpe assassin?
>>
>>43711523
A Nemoah scholar?
>>
File: exalted infernal campaign 2.jpg (31 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
exalted infernal campaign 2.jpg
31 KB, 636x358
>>
It feels so good to get that freaking thing out of my soul. I couldn't handle such glorious incandesence for much longer. Good thing I found you though, Thiriya, old buddy old pal!

"Who the fuck are you?" You yell. You aren't some great occultist, but you know that hearing voices in your head is a sign of possession.

Relax, I'm not possessing you. I'm stuck in you. I'm Farah, Maker of Flesh, Student of Oramus... well, until he found out that I was his student. And now I'm here! Stuck in the head of an Exalted! This is going to be so much fun!

"Wait, Exalted?"

You'd call them anathema, but in our case, the demon possessing you -which would be me- can only give you suggestions, rather than eating your soul. As my first advisement, I'm supposed to tell you to go to Malfeas, where you will be granted an estate, titles, and be shown the hidden truths of the world. But that's not really urgent, and you're allowed to finish up any buisness you have on Creation before making the trek. Just don't take too long.

You... You're not really sure how you feel about this.
>>
You spend two days walking past destroyed villages and sites of minor battles. The Anathema doesn't even bother to bury the dead, such is her desire for conquest. You see a lot of ghosts, and Farah comments on what she says are nascent shadowlands. They don't cause you any trouble after you offer them some food though, as they can see that you're one of them.

At night on the second day, you come within sight of their army in the distance. It looks like Ang-Teng's army has joined with the remnants of the Legion in a last stand.

The Realm army is sitting on the other side of a river, which looks like it will force the anathema's forces to cross while being attacked. The battle will probably commence in the morning, though there may be some night raids, or a sneak attack.

What do you do?
>>
>>43712904
Sneak in, cause chaos and confusion, do as much damage as possible without fighting the anathema and the leave. Make her dreams shambles and her aspirations ash. The wyld hunt can finish her off.
>>
>>43712904
Ask Farah about the best way to kill an anathema and the power that would be given to us.
>>
>>43712904
>>43712969
Seconding
>>
>>43712969
I'll assume that you want to bring your sword and shield, but will you wear your armor as well?
>>
>>43713127
how noticeable is the armor? Could we sneak around fairly ok in it?
>>
>>43713155
It would be relatively noticeable, but it would help you survive picking a fight with an army.
>>
>>43713359
hen take it
>>
>>43713359
Then i suppose well have the armor and try to at least get in undetected, and then maybe try to get unnoticed in the chaos we'll try to cause.
If we're detected then, we'll at least have the armor.
>>
Roll 4d10. You may add up to another 4d10 through invoking your powers, at the cost of one mote per dice.
>>
Rolled 6, 9, 5, 3 = 23 (4d10)

>>43713555
>>
Rolled 2, 7, 6, 4 = 19 (4d10)

>>43713555
>>
>>43713637
>>43713729
Two success of eight dice. I am astonished.
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 4, 6, 4 = 20 (5d6)

for real this time
>>
I hate today
>>
About an hour after the sun set, you decide to make your move. You carry your armor with you rather than wearing it, intending to put it on in a quiet part of camp before you begin your slaughter.

Unfortunately, you are not paticularly good at sneaking, despite the essence that you feel running through you, enhancing your actions. One of the guards sees you before you get anywhere near the center of the camp and sounds the alarm. Warriors begin crawling out of their tents.

What do you do?
>>
>>43714173
Start breaking faces.
>>
Roll 10d10. You may add up to 6d10 by spending six motes, and 3d10 by spending one willpower.
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 8, 6, 6, 1, 6, 3, 10, 4, 7, 5, 8, 2, 5, 6, 2, 5, 10 = 104 (19d10)

>>43716863
>>
You slaughter your way through the enemy, setting their tents alight. You kill what feels like thousands, but is probaly only one hundred -only one hundred, as if you could have done that one day ago- people. You can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it all. Despite yourself, you take a couple of hits. *2 bashing damage*

You're halfway through a squad when you see a flare of golden light. The anathema, a Blasphemer caste, has awoken, and is staring at you. They are surrounded by their mortal bodyguards, and have a sword that is gold like their anima banner.

What do you do?
>>
>>43718627
"Hi, think fast bitch!"
>>
>>43718670
That seems like a good place to end for tommorow. I'll make a new thread if this sages. Sorry it didn't get far, had some computer trouble.

Follow https://twitter.com/FocalorAnon for updates on new threads and stuff.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.