[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phanty Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: Phanty SUP.png (837 KB, 1032x1154) Image search: [Google]
Phanty SUP.png
837 KB, 1032x1154
Last thread:

>>43619826

The continuing adventures of an Anon, his phantom partner, and the mob that wants them dead(er).

Where we last left our heroes, Anon tried to pull a fast one on one of the ghost mafia's Shadowmen and ended up punched unconsciousness (and into a tree).

He awakens to find himself in a warehouse with a strange woman in a Chinese dress demanding he tell her everything about his investigation.

Being the resourceful guy he is, Anon managed to slip his bonds and fight back. After an intense struggle, he seems to have gotten the better of the strange woman--who may or may not be of the fae.

But hey, at least Anon is pretty sure she isn't a ghost. That's some form of progress, isn't it?
>>
Catherine sits across from you on a wooden crate, trying not to seem as tired as really is in front of you.

"I'll fetch your things for you." She makes a motion with her fingers and a few feet in front of you a glob of shadows bubbles out of the air. Catherine flinches as she realizes what she's doing and stops. The shadows flicker and fade away.

"I'm sorry. I don't want you thinking I'm trying anything...underhanded. Would you mind if I summoned an extension to fetch your things?"

DO WE MIND?

Your intuition tells you that Catherine is trying to stall for...something. Something that might give her an edge over you. Could she be trying to find an excuse to summon up her shadows? But maybe that isn't what she's waiting for...

You notice the shadowed corners of the warehouse are...throbbing...slow and steady like a sleeping heartbeat. You might want to ASK CATHERINE about that.

Besides that, feel free to ASK CATHERINE about anything, including what she knows about the ghost mafia and Sarah and what the "System" is.

She might not be too forthcoming with the answers though...
>>
>>43706391
>>43706493
Is there a suptg link?
>>
>>43706503
No, sorry about that. No one's archived it on suptg to my knowledge.
>>
>>43706391
Let her fetch your things, but make it clear she shouldn't make any sudden movements.

In the meantime, ask her what it felt like to be on the receiving end of your cosmic rays attack.
>>
>>43706493
Oh it feels good to see this thread up again. Anyways...

>Fetching things
I am not fully comfortable with giving Catherine too much control, but she does have our stuff. I think it will be okay if she does that.

>Shadows
Lets acknowledge the shadow heartbeats as well as her little bubbles.
"So, these 'extensions' you have here. That's a neat little party trick you have there. Care to explain it?"

>Asking other questions
Lets wait until we get some basics about her and then start asking the hard stuff.
>>
>>43706391
I really feel like timing may not have been the best for this thread, that or perhaps people that like PQ are unaware its going if they don't follow the twitter account.
>>
>>43706784
>>43706817

>Make it clear she shouldn't make any sudden movements

"That's fine." She summons up a squat shadow-shape that flickers between being a quadruped and a an awkwardly angled...pentaped?

The little creatures scurries up into the rafters and comes back down with a brown paper bag kept between two pincers on its back (or is it front?).

It deposits the bag at your feet and smokes off into thin air.

All your things are inside it. Your penlight, your notebook, your wallet (you count all the bills), your cellphone, and even your Shadow Decoder Ring.

There are no scratches on the ring. Thank God.

You quickly flick your phone on. You have twenty-five missed calls from Phanty. And three from Carlyle.

SHOULD WE CALL SOMEONE? SHOULD WE LISTEN TO SOME OF THE MESSAGES?

>>43706784
>What if felt like to be on the receiving end of your cosmic ray attack

"That's what that was?" She says wide eyed. "Cosmic rays? How can you do that with light?" She swallows hard. "O...Of course, you don't have to tell me the secrets of your glamour if you don't want to. I'm not trying to be rude and prying or anything like that, really!"She flashes you a very broad, very forced smile.

>>43706817
>Shadow heartbeats

Catherine studies you intently for a few seconds. "That is me. I hope you don't mind but I'm rather nervous at the moment..."

He eyes narrow. "But surely you would know that my extensions are reservoirs for my soul...You would know that my soul is too large for a mortal form...You would know...If you WERE of the gentry...

She slowly picks herself up off the crate. "You aren't of the fae. Are you?" She bites her lip and curls her hands into fists. "ARE YOU? You're trying to fool me...You're trying to HUMILIATE ME!"

You can feel the wind pickup from the shadows fluttering about you like wings without birds.

OH NO ANON! BETTER SAY/DO SOMETHING QUICK!

>>43706827
Should I try starting the threads in the evening?
Maybe on a weekend next time?
>>
>>43706493
Call her out on the stalling for time thing
>>
>>43707015
>>43706817
>Ask about the basics and her stalling

We can resume interrogating her after we diffuse (or escalate) the situation.
>>
>>43707014
I personally don't mind the time, but given that quests seem to be very popular around the weekend anyways, you may want to either move them there, or host two sessions a week, one weekday and one weekend, if that is possible.

>Phone calls
Would love to listen to them, but we are a little occupied right now. Lets defuse this situation and then get to listening to them/calling our team.

Also, ghost cell phones? Neat!

>Catherine
Do we try and keep being vague? I mean turn about is fair play seeing as she's not telling US everything either.

For now I think we should go with this:

"I have never said anything about who or what I was. Any assumptions you make are your own, Catherine. Besides, you would know if I was trying to humiliate you. Lets keep civil, shall we?"
>>
>>43706391
Yesss! So hyped. Will get involved after work
>>
>>43707212
>I have never said anything about who or what I was

Catherine pauses. Her shoulders relax and she sits back down. The shadows subside and sink back into the -actual- shadows.

Your ambiguity is clearly starting to trouble her.

She looks away from you and holds her arm.

"....I don't want to fight with you anymore. I don't think I could beat you if I fought anyway. But I don't know if you're trying to humiliate me. I don't know what you are. I don't know..." Her voice cracks a little and she sighs deeply to get it back under control.

"...How can any assumptions I make be my own if you won't tell me anything? How is that fair?"

You sense that further ambiguity might drive Catherine to give something about herself away. But you might start to scare her. Of course, it is Halloween...

DO WE CONTINUE BEING VAGUE OR DO WE STAKE AN IDENTITY?
>>
>>43707711
Give her the basic cut who you are, nothing too forthcoming though.
>>
>>43706391
Phanty and Spooking with Ghosterbelt
>>
>>43707711
I'm starting to wonder if being vague is going to get us anywhere here. Especially since we believe her to be stalling.

I feel like it may be time to open up, even if its just a little bit. Perhaps we could propose an interview/trade of info? We both don't really know who we are, after all.
>>
>>43706391
You should link the pastebin and twitter so people can get caught up
>>
>>43706503
I read the old threads on 4pleb
>>
>>43707863
>Giver her the basic cut

You tell her that you are a human with photokinetic powers. The cosmic ray stuff is simply applied science.

Catherine sighs in relief. "So you ARE just a mere mortal..." She blushes a wrathful red underneath the blue glow.

"Well, I suppose I should congratulate you, mortal. You defeated my magics and fooled me into thinking you were one of the Fae. By all rights of the courts I should tear you limb form limb for your insolence..." She crosses her arms and glares at you.

"...But I'm at the mercy of your diabolical physics. Well..." She clicks her tongue disdainfully at you. "...Are you proud of yourself mortal? Proud you've gotten the better of a proud daughter of the gentry?"

WELL, ARE WE?

"I promise you I will return this humiliation to you tenfold! You will yet learn to respect my ageless soul, child of the Earth."

>>43707975
>Propose a trade of info

She smiles at the offer. Her smile is cute and arrogant. "So you dare propose a duel of wits then? More the pity for you." She smooths her dress and looks attentively at you. "Sense you have already told me something, I suppose I should go first. What would you ask of me, mortal?"

>>43707015
She nearly falls off her crate as you call her out.

"Oh...um...w...what proof do you have that I'm plotting something? What would I plot anyway? I've already admitted that my ectoplasma extensions can't match your science."

"You have me completely at your mercy." She adds quickly.

"Anyway." She says straightening herself out and thrusting a finger at us. "That's your first question!" She beams. "That would make it my turn to ask you!"

Really? You think what you said was more a statement than a question...

WHAT DO WE THINK SHE'S PLANNING?

DO WE LET HER RULE LAWYER US?

>>43707983
>>43707992
I'm working on setting up a google drive.
>>
>>43707983
PHANTY QUEST ARCHIVE

I apologize for the shitty quality.

PQ 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_WG1Og8qqnWWxXRHlSNS1vdTA/view?usp=sharing

PQ 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_WG1Og8qqnQ0NBYmJzd0ViM28/view?usp=sharing

PQ3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_WG1Og8qqnMFMyMXVzN2ctb1U/view?usp=sharing

Twitter
https://twitter.com/QuestGuy1
>>
>>43707920
>Phanty and Anon with Carlyle
>>
>>43708364
>WHAT DO WE THINK SHE'S PLANNING?
She might have sent one of her shadow people extension whatevers to get help.

>DO WE LET HER RULE LAWYER US?
If by that you mean let her ask a question now, sure.

I wonder how personal she's going to get, though
>>
>>43708364
>ARE WE
"Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart. I tangle with worse dames than you on a nightly basis. Now if you don't mind, I'd rather just have a friendly chat without all the chest thumping, alright?"
>>
>>43708364
>"I promise you I will return this humiliation to you tenfold! You will yet learn to respect my ageless soul, child of the Earth."

"You'd earn respect more if you use'd your powers responsibly."

>"What would you ask of me, mortal?"
>"Oh...um...w...what proof do you have that I'm plotting something? What would I plot anyway? I've already admitted that my ectoplasma extensions can't match your science."

"You're stalling because you keep insisting how much less powerful you are now, and you're much more cooperative then before, even though you just vowed vengeance on us. It doesn't add up."
>>
>>43708364
>Rule lawyering
Don't call her out on it, her pride is getting the better of her. I think we can get answers without asking questions here and still come up with a net gain upon asking. Lets try to fish a little bit...

>Her intentions
"Well, given the rather open swearing of vengeance, I would figure you would like nothing more than to see me in a box underground...

"Lets think about this for a bit. For starters, you were a member of the ghost mafia, now you've told me that they've up and abandoned you. But you've also brought up the fact that Sarah had herself an inside man. Who's to say you don't have a friend of your own out there that's got an eye out for you..."

"Then again, you are also one of the 'children' and a member of the 'gentry' that would imply that you have a whole family out there of people such as yourself, perhaps you figure it necessary to call upon them for escape, or to make me 'respect you'...

"Then again, these are only theories. For all I know, you're just the same as I am. But enough from me. It's your question after all."
>>
>>43708795
"C-Chest thumping? That's what you think PRIDE in my NOBLE HERITAGE is? I'm an ageless immortal. You're just a lucky, lucky immortal. And luck always changes."

>>43708827
>"If you use'd your powers responsibly"

"Hmph! Don't tell me my responsibility. Who am I to be accountable to a mortal? If anything you should thank me for gracing your life with my presence. How many others do you know who have been visited by a beautiful daughter of the Sidhe?"

>You're stalling

She toys with a strand of her hair with her fingers. It's an obvious tell.

"I...I never said that I would be the one to visit vengeance upon you. I simply meant that your sins will catch up with you. In time. One way or another."

>>43708858
>Who's to say you don't have a a friend of your own out there that's got an eye out for you...

Catherine touches her lips and looks away in deep thought.

"...You aren't going to trick me into giving something away. You'll have to wait your turn. Those are the rules of the game."

>...That would imply that you have a whole family out there of people such as yourself

Catherine looks troubled. You think you know what your next question is going to involve. And Catherine does as well.

And judging by the nervous expression on her face she's trying desperately to think of an answer ahead of time.

"...If you want to ask me about my family...then you'll have to ask me about my family. Its as simple as that, mortal."

>For all I know, you're just the same as I am

"I am NOT a mortal!" Catherine snaps at you. "What on Earth would make you think I was like YOU? When you're nothing but bones under the Earth or a helpless wisp in the air I'll still be what I am and you will wish I remembered you, even as the rude, ignorant cur, you will wish to be apart of the shadow of my blazing immortal soul!"

She finishes her rant and sits shaking. Catherine stares at you, panting in rage and frustration.

-cont
>>
>>43709098
>>43708858
>>43708626

>But enough form me. It's your question after all.

"Yes...quite..."

Catherine thinks for a moment. Her glowing blue eyes wander around the warehouse for a moment before coming to rest on you.

"...Okay..." She smiles wickedly. "...What is your weakness?"

Her eyes lock with yours. She's waiting for any sign of hesitation. Any sign of weakness.

DO WE PRESS HER ABOUT HER STALLING?

WHAT DO WE SAY TO HER QUESTION?
>>
>>43709166
>weakness
"What can I say? I've always had a thing for dead girls."

Shit, did I just blurt that out...
>>
>>43709166
Tell her the obvious. We're human, after all.

>I am weak to diseases, lack of food and water, and most sharp or otherwise dangerous physical objects.
>Also, time is another huge weakness for me.

If she says you need to be more specific, and wants to know more about our power, then say something else that she could have figured out for herself:
>Cosmic rays can hurt me too.

Also, I don't see us learning too much from her other than how much she dislikes us. Nothing worth getting caught in another ambush, at least. We should try to keep this short.
>>
>>43709316
I agree, we need to run and reunite with phanty asap. Maybe ask her what she knows about Sarahs partner to give us another lead. Or ask where they did a lot of their business.

Or for laughs we can ask her what her weakness is.

But after one or two questions we need to hightail it
>>
>>43709166
"Cute girls."

Hey did you ever get the Winnie quest stuff worked out?

Also I have a theory about Catherine if you want to hear it.
>>
>>43709436
Lay it on us capn
>>
>>43709445
So, last time every time we talked to her about what she was it seemed like she was lying about the fae, so my theory is.

What if she's just some lady who found out she could do some spooky shit one day and tried to put in in perspective and find a reason why she can do what she does, and she's lied to herself for so long she really believes she is what she says?

It's possible that under all that high and mighty talk she's just a quivering ball of fear.
>>
>>43709316
Yeah, it was worth it to try and fish for info, but given that she isn't blinded by her pride, I don't see much happening here. We should focus on the details that matter immediately. So stuff about Sarah, her inside man, their plan, etc. I really really want to know who or what she is. But I think we're not going to get the answers today. We're probably going to have to wait either for Phanty to be here, or for Catherine to willingly reveal the actual truth. All we know, is that she's half-truthing.
>>
>>43709316
>>43709468
Oh and I'm seconding this. Though I think giving info that our power COULD hurt us may be a bad idea.
>>
>>43709166
> "...What is your weakness?"
"Chili dogs."
>>
>>43709283
"I already know about your perverted and strange desires. I wonder though. Does SHE know?"

>>43709316
>I am weak to...

She frowns. "Those are HUMAN weaknesses. I did not ask for the weaknesses of your race. I asked for YOUR individual weakness."

>Cosmic rays can hurt me too

Her jaw clenches. She stares at you hard for long, long seconds.

Then she relents.

"That is...an acceptable answer."

She closes her eyes and steadies herself. When she opens them again she's all business.

"It is now your turn."

WHAT DO WE ASK HER?

REMEMBER, PHRASING IS KEY

>>43709436
I'm working on it. I'll put it on the google drive later.
>>
>>43709522
>REMEMBER, PHRASING IS KEY
I was gonna ask about Sarah. If this is the case, then it would be best to just get to the point:

>Where is the ghost Sarah at right now?
>>
>>43709522
"Right, well, I'm leaving then, be nice to other people eat your veggies yadda yadda."

Call our friends?
>>
>>43709522
"Give me the name, address and current status of Sarahs partner."

(I don't remember what we know about this person, but this might give us a lead. Also, since we can only ask one question at a time, we should roll off or vote for the question we like best.)
>>
>>43709522
Who among the gentle folk are you directly related to?

Give me a list of names starting from most powerful to least of people you know that would seek vengeance against me.

Why Maab

Sup PQ
>>
>>43709559
Asking directly definitely has its advantages. We may not be able to do much with the answer, but it could be a big lead
>>
>>43709559
>Sarah

>>43709633
>Sarah's Partner

We can only pick one.

>>43709720
Fair warning. If we ask her a series of questions odds are she's only going to answer one of them.

>>43709626
>I'm leaving then

Is it time to leave the crazy shadow fairy?

>Call our friends?

You have your phone and nothing in the "rules" says you can't call a friend.

Who do we call? Phanty? Carlye? The police?

If we call the cops they'll likely send in paranormal SWAT. And you got to admit, there's a certain appeal to getting Catherine on COPS.

We could try texting so Catherine doesn't know what we're doing.

>>43709783
So far it seems that we're going to ask about Sarah. I'll let the thread sit for awhile so the ideas can flow.
>>
>>43709825
Call Phanty, then Carlyle.
>>
>>43709825
About using your phone, she seems aggressively old fashioned.
I'm sure she'd not appreciate it if we ignored her and started calling people.
However, I think we can get away with texting if we tell her some lie.
>>
>>43709872
Do you think phanty would know the best question to ask?
>>
>>43709825
In my opinion, I think we should do the following:

1)Ask about Sarah's Partner
2)Text Carlyle, let him know where we are and to tell Phantasma to meet us there.

If things get hairy and we're not allowed to leave, we have backup on the way to bail us. Depending on the time we have till she finds us, we can ask maybe one or two additional questions, about Sarah, Sarah's plan (potentially) and about her family.
>>
>>43709945
I agree. I think Sarahs partner gives us a better immediate course of action.
>>
>>43709945
>>43710009

>Ask about Sarah's Partner

Catherine looks smugly at you. "Ha! I know as much about him or her as you do." She crosses her arms in triumph. "No one knows who her partner was. I'm trying to find out. The Big Man is trying to find out...but its a certainty it won't end well for whoever it is. They'll likely be placed in the Big Man's collection with Sarah."

You don't learn anything about Sarah's partner. But she DOES let it slip that the Big Man has Sarah in whatever his collection is.

"I believe it is now MY turn...Tell me, are you planning on blackmailing the Big Man about the system using those chips as Sarah planned?"

DEPENDING ON HOW/IF YOU ANSWER, YOU COULD TRICK CATHERINE INTO GIVING EVEN MORE AWAY

>>43709872
>>43709895
>>43709945

Eh, it doesn't really matter who we call first.

And it seems we want to discreetly text.

You start texting Phanty and Catherine quizzically asks you "What on earth are you doing? We're in the middle of a game!"

You tell her that you're checking to see if she messed with anything on your phone.

"...Oh, okay." She seems....strangely pleased that you're on your phone.

WHY IS THAT? You wonder...

"Distract yourself with your phone all you like. It'll just play right into my hands...that is to say, you match your wits against one who has no distractions in front of her."

You text Phanty telling her that you're fine.

The replies come soaring in one after the other.

OH MY GOD ANON!

YOU'RE ALIVE!

WHERE ARE YOU I'LL COME RESCUE YOU

I'VE BEEN TEARING THE TOWN APART LOOKING FOR YOU

I EVEN CALLED THE POLICE

I EVEN CALLED MY DAD

I EVEN CALLED CARLYLE

SIT TIGHT EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT

AHAHA SEE WHAT I WROTE THERE?

You text Carlyle next.

Holy shit anon yur alive. Where r u? Phantasma has been hitting up mob hangouts all this morning. Theres a missing persons case about u on tv right now.

DO WE TELL THEM WHERE WE ARE?

DO WE ANSWER CATHERINE?
>>
>>43710274
>Phanty rips the town apart looking for us

God dammit Phanty.

Text where we are and that we're fine, there's some crazy magical girl that kidnapped us, something about Cthulhu.
>>
>>43710274
Let's see if we can coax some more info out of her.

"What would you know about blackmail?"

Let Phanty come over, but perhaps you should stop there, she seems eager for else to happen not involving her
>>
>>43710274
Well at least we learned that Sarahs partner is giving the big man a hard time. Our next question should probably be about the big man's collecton.

Also, this may be a hunch, but I think she WANTS phanty to show up. We should leave and rendezvous with her someplace. Do we have a favorite hangout spot in town or something?

As for her question, we need to get her to explain the system a little bit. Maybe act aloof and conversational?

"I don't think you realize how deep this rabbit hole goes, sweetcheeks. Blackmail? I'd think a girl like you would have a better grasp on the bigger picture."
>>
>>43710274
Well, if the mob didn't know who we were. They most certainly do now. That is some reckless enthusiasm there Phanty.

Lets text her where we are, and that we are safe.

I think >>43710519 is onto something here. Lets see if we can arrange some place nearby, but not obvious to meet. Surely there is a coffee shop or a diner that we can lay low at and recollect ourselves.

As for the question. As our primary mission is Sarah, maybe we are vague about it? Something similar to it depending on if it will help our client or not. Though if nobody else likes it or nobody comes up with anything better that anon's plan is probably how we'd have to go about it.

Also, as an aside. Can we get a physical status update. I.E injuries or anything else. I have a feeling that we may have to explain ourselves to Phanty. We've been battered hard.
>>
>>43710650
>I have a feeling that we may have to explain ourselves to Phanty.

I think we fell on a box at one point. Other than that we're fine.
Also, I think it would be a great idea to just casually mention those cosmic rays to Phanty, if she over reacts over our minor injuries.
>"I can't believe you got yourself so many splinters!"
>"You think that's bad; I almost gave myself cancer."

Also, 52 posts in and still no images. I kind of expected the same set of Herny stuff to be posted by now.
>>
>>43710740
It's not so much the boxes that I'm worried about, it's more about the stuff before our battle with Catherine. She's decked us once at least in her interrogation, but remember that a giant ghost punched our lights out too.

Speaking of things that haven't been posted yet. It slipped my mind that I know what our general OST should be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVxop3_sS2Q

There is a tonne here that fit the shit we've been doing.
>>
>>43710519
>>43710431

"What could be bigger than the blackmail scheme? That's the whole purpose of the chips, right? You show gamblers or one of Big Man's rivals how the chips are bugged and how only one is needed to trigger the bugged coins in circulation. Just one chip can kill all faith and credit in the Big Man's ectoplasma market system."

Well, THAT'S a lot of news! You are going to want to take the chips down to a ghost lab and get them properly analyzed and explained to you. You know there's a good one in the Museum--the Museum is a huge ghost hangout.

"But that doesn't answer my question (YOU CAN ARGUE THAT IT ACTUALLY DOES). What are you going to use the chips for, if not for blackmail? What makes your plan so much better than Sarah's?"

WHAT DO WE SAY?

>>43710519
>>43710650
DO WE SET UP A MEETING PLACE?

OR

>>43710353
>>43710431

DO WE TELL PHANTY TO COME AND SAVE US?

>>43710353
>>43710650

>Phanty busting heads around town to find you

You were grabbed by the ghoulies and she was afraid for your safety.

She learned it from dear old dad. Hitting up dive bars and lowlife hangouts is a time honored pulp way of information gathering.

Also, Daredevil did it all the time in the comics.

>>43710650
>>43710740
>Status update

You're feeling relatively good now that you're pumping the Queen of Air and Darkness for info and got your stuff back. You even have a hazy idea of what makes the chips important.

That being said, you could kill for some black coffee and advil. Your back is still smarting from when Luigi punched you into that tree, but nothing is broken.

>>43710789
>Baccano!
You're a good man Anon.
>>
>>43710789
Oh, right. The taller-than-trees shadow man goliath who is part of the Ghost Mafia.
The guy who knocked us out in one punch.
The guy we kind of just left standing there.
The giant shadow man joined by other shadow men of various heights to kidnap Phanty.
I hope that situation worked out well.

I hope she wasn't too hard on them.
>>
>>43710274
>what are we planning
Our plan...is to plan a plan. Plainly.

>Carlyle texts like a fourteen year old.
Unexpected.

Phanty called in her pops, huh? Good, I was going to suggest we call in reinforcements for this one. We better make sure we make a good impression, though.

Tell them we'll meet them all at the Agency to plan our next move. See if we can convince Catherine to come with us. Maybe we tell her we can only answer her question properly with everyone's help.

>PQAnon is on TV
I always knew we could be a star. That kind of media attention might be a major setback though.
>>
>>43710844
Yes we tell phanty to come save us.
>>
>>43710740
>Bailey School Kids
Oh man, right in the nostalgia. I haven't seen those books sense I had a wee Ninja Turtles backpack.

Also, great file name!

>Herny

>Herny will never do pics of the Anons

>Herny will never do Winnie and White Fell's mud wrestling match

IT HURTS

>>43710919
>>43710931
So one to meet up, and another to have Phanty come get us. Still tied...
>>
>>43710952
I'd vote for having Phanty come get us. It shouldn't hurt to have some backup with this lady who swore revenge on us.
>>
>>43710952
I'll vote for meet up.
Just because I'm curious whether or not Catherine will just let us leave.
Also, I suppose it might be a good thing for her to know as little of Phanty as possible.
>>
File: 1446299606205.jpg (450 KB, 1200x969) Image search: [Google]
1446299606205.jpg
450 KB, 1200x969
Phanty should come to us
>>
>>43710844
I'd still prefer a meeting place, at the very least. Then we can set a time. If Catherine pulls anything funny, Phanty knows exactly where we are and will bring out every single gun in her arsenal till we are safe.

I don't think we want to get caught up in a big web when we don't know all of Sarah's plan. Perhaps we should argue that it does answer her question.

As for Baccano, well it is one of my favourites. Maybe next thread I'll bring in Drr's soundtrack too. Jaccuzi is best Baccano

>>43710952
Well, you could always ask him on his blog...don't lose faith.
>>
>>43710919
>Our plan is to plan a plan.

Catherine glares at you, but then her eyes widen in suprised realization. She holds her finger up to ask a moment for herself and turns away in thought. After a second she shrugs and turns back to you.

"...I suppose that is an acceptable answer. You don't have a plan, and yet you foolishly believe that this simply gives you a better plan than Sarah's plan...it sounds like sophistry to me, bu t humans are prideful in their ignorance, are they not?"

"It is now your turn again."

>>43711024
>>43711011
>>43711002
>>43710994
>Still tied

Huh. I did not expect it to be such a divisive question.

>>43711024
>>43711024
>Always ask him on his blog

...He has a blog?
>>
>>43710952
>>43711024
Does Herny even know about the quests?
He might not, and he might like them if he read through them!
Like them enough to give us drawings of
>>
>>43711095
http://kindahornyart.tumblr.com/

Behold!
>>
>>43711111
I...think he knows? I remember him dropping by one of the threads. It was either him or Toonspew.

>>43711117
Bless you anon!
>>
>>43711095
Well, I'm conflicted here. Do we think asking about Sarah's plan now will net us anything positive here? She has been acting under the assumption that we are aware of her plan in full. But the opposite is true.

The only other major question is of course her family heritage. But I don't know if that will net anything either.

I'm leaning towards Sarah's plan though. Thoughts, anons?

>>43711126
Happy to help! I actually tend to like his non-lewd work more. The Warren Zevon Winnie is still my favourite thing.
>>
>>43710519
Just to add on I think Catherine may have some sort of control over ghosts like she does her shadow things
>>
>>43711095
I stand by my previous statement, though perhaps you should ask Phanty what happened after you disappeared, just to see if you can get any answers by text before she gets there... At least that way you might be able to ask Crazy Cathy something new.
>>
>>43711463
To summarize, have Phanty come, text her about details.
>>
>>43711482
Supposing we do this, do we want to bring up fears that this could be a trap due to >>43711347 this anons theory? Because when I hear have Phanty come over I think, based on the info we have, she will go full brass band and take on anyone or anything. If anon's theory is true, I do not have to want to fight against our partner, because she will totally kick our teeth in.

Would a compromise suffice?
>>
>>43710844
I really think bringing phanty into this right now is a bad idea. No telling what Catherine may be able to do to her. Let's meet up at the cafe.
>>
>>43711273
Learning about Sarah's plan would definitely help us a lot, and I think she's started to figure out that we're full of shit.

The other thing we can ask about would be the Big Man's collection - like, where it is, who is in it, and how he puts ghosts there. Is it like, a barrel of ectoplasma from various ghosts?
>>
I think we could entice Catherine to come with us to our office fairly easily, she seems as desperate to figure out just whats going on as we are.

Mostly I'm trying to steer us towards an Ocean's Eleven End.
>>
>>43711586
maybe tell her to lay low and stay hidden, ask her if she knows anything about fairy girls, and only come to our rescue if we look like we are gonna get fucked?
>>
>>43711463
>>43711482
>Ask Phanty what happened

I BEAT UP LUIGI UNTIL HE TOLD ME ABOUT SARAH BEING IN BIG MAN'S CLUTCHES.

SOMETHING ABOUT HIS COLLECTION OF TRAPPED GHOSTS IN A SECRET HIGH ROLLERS CASINO

THE BIG GUY TOLD ME ABOUT THE BIG MAN

AHAHA

>>43711586
>>43711594
Andddd this tips the scales!

You ask Phanty to meet you at this cozy retro diner called the All-Nighter. Because you need some coffee and a very, very late breakfast.

OK

I TRUST YOU

BE SAFE

IF YOU AREN'T THERE IN AN HOUR I'LL COME SAVE YOU

>>43711814
>>43711095
>Ask about Catherine's plan

"You mean...you didn't know?"

"Ohhhhh. A thousand curses upon you mortal! You tricked me into helping you! Well...I can promise you that my answer to this question will be the last help you'll wring out of me!"

"Sarah used a process that I told the Big Man was an impossibility to fix certain chips to release their ectoplasma at her command. Those chips you found were not the first. She had her partner bring her chips, and then she would taint them, and her partner would put them back into the Big Man's casinos. This went on for years. The only one that knows how many tainted chips are in circulation would be Sarah herself--her ectoplasma is the key to making them empty themselves. And as you know, an individuals ectoplasma communicates with itself over long distances. Sarah can feel where every single one of her chips are. She could ruin a lot of reputations if she wanted to. Sarah tried to blackmail the Big Man, threatening to tell his competitors that his system wasn't safe and show them exactly why. The Big Man isn't the only one on the ectoplasma market, you know.

The Shadowmen happened to be watching Sarah through an unrelated tip off. Someone called in and said Sarah was being threatened and paid the Shadowmen to guard her by watching her house.

-cont
>>
>>43712015

I think it was her partner that did it. He probably was hoping having Shadowmen outside her window would convince her to be a good girl. But then they had that argument or whatever, and the Shadowmen come in and find all those chips--and a toolbox for modifying them. And then they weren't interested in protecting Sarah any longer.

Until then we had no idea who Sarah was. She just left notes with one of her bugged chips. She called herself Isabeu of all things.

Now she's in the Big Man's collection. And he would torture the little wretch until she told him where all the chips were, except shes too weak to torture. Her being an exceptionally weak ghost was how she rigged the chips in the first place, actually...but that's beyond your ability to figure...

Maybe she'll get tired one day of being in a jewel and talk? But until then the system is bugged, and anyone with the proof of one of those chips can sink the whole thing if they know what they're doing.

You certainly kicked a hornet's nest Oh great detective! We all figured the matter was closed until you uncovered those false pennies the Shadowmen missed. I was afraid they would miss something. Mores the pity you and your tomboy beat me to the crime scene. I bet I would have uncovered them in time.

So that's her system, and why its important. But now its my turn, and I must ask you mortal...

Is your little tomboy coming to help you, or isn't she?

WHAT DO WE TELL HER?

>>43711935
>Ask Phanty about fairy girls

OH NO

YOU GOT ONE OF THEM?

ANON ARE YOU SURE YOU GOT THIS UNDER CONTROL

I MEAN I CAN BE THERE

LIKE NOW

IF I GOT TO

THOSE ARE SOME WEIRDDDD PEOPLE
>>
>>43712269
>WHAT DO WE TELL HER?
"No."
It's the truth; as long as Catherine doesn't try anything.

And let's not brag about tricking her into letting us tell Phanty to come get us if things get bad; it's better for us if she continues to be ignorant of how our phone works.
Also, if she truly believes we have no backup coming, maybe she'll show us more of her true colors.
>>
>>43712269
"That's and odd question to ask, does it have anything to do with why you're stalling for time?

Starting to feel a little unsafe here."

>>43712269
Weird how, I mean, I think I can kick her ass if it goes south, but do you know what she can do?
>>
>>43712015
>>43712269
We did it guys! We finally got some semblance of their plan!

Now the hard part.

I'm for texting Phanty and saying. I think so. Set it up so that if our next text is a 1. We're in trouble. If we make it outside safely a 2.

I would also say something along the lines of "Well that depends on whether you will let me leave this place safely. You don't wish to fight, and I don't wish to fight. So will you let me leave me in peace?"

I'm concerned about my suggestion. But I just had to say it. If people say otherwise I'll go with majority.
>>
File: phanty_cereal.png (655 KB, 1152x1589) Image search: [Google]
phanty_cereal.png
655 KB, 1152x1589
>>43712269
>ANON ARE YOU SURE YOU GOT THIS UNDER CONTROL
"She hasn't thrown anything at me that I can't handle. Just stick with the plan. Breakfast is on me."
>>
>>43712473
>>43712415
>No.That's and odd question to ask, does it have anything to do with why you're stalling for time? Starting to feel a little unsafe here

Catherine stares at you long and hard. Her brow furrows. She wants you to make a move. To tell her something. To give something away.

You don't.

Then her facade breaks.

"Okay...you win..." She says in a voice you barely hear. Her head hung in defeat.

"That was my last bluff and you called it." The shadows sag and compress under their own weight. "You defeated me. You outwitted me. You humiliated me. You...mortal man. And now I am helpless. Now I am truly at your mercy.

You didn't even force me to swear an oath to do it...

Her shoulders heave.

"...Will you let me go now?"

>>43712473
>Weird how?

ITS COMPLICATED

THING GHOSTS

BUT WITH BODIES

AND SOMETIMES THEY'RE CRAZY BECAUSE THEY TALK TO THEIR ECTOPLASMA

AND THINK THEY'RE GODS OR SOMETHING

BUT SOME MIGHT ACTUALLY BE WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE

LIKE I SAID COMPLICATED MUCH

AND THEY GOT WEIRD POWERS

NO TWO ARE EXACTLY ALIKE

SO BE CAREFUL

>>43712532

ROGER WITH THE NUMBERS

REMINDS ME OF HARDY BOYS

IS HARDY BOYS NOIR?

>>43712658
BE SAFE

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP

I'LL HAVE WAFFLES WITH

BOO BERRIES

AHAHAHA

WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT THE BEATEN FAIRY?

AND IS HARDY BOYS NOIR?
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED:

RIDDLES IN THE WAREHOUSE:

You outwitted Catherine and avoided a boss fight with berserk Phanty.
>>
>>43712871
>berserk Phanty
Oh shit, does that mean Catherine does have ghost control powers?
>>
File: scooby is distraught.png (155 KB, 400x419) Image search: [Google]
scooby is distraught.png
155 KB, 400x419
>>43712871
>"...Will you let me go now?"
I think we should let her go now, and also, that we should apologize.
I know that she is clearly the one in the wrong, but I still think it would be best to say something along the lines of "I didn't mean to humiliate you or anything."
Make sure it doesn't sound like we're pitying her.
Maybe mention how intimidated we were by her awesome fairy powers. Something to bring her spirits back up a bit, you know?

Also:
>avoided a boss fight with berserk Phanty
What the fuck
>>
>>43712871
God bless you suspicious anon!

As for what we do, I feel like we can let her go. The only concern I have is GMafia goons. She was in hiding now, does she think she'll be safe still? Advise her to lay low. And that she has our card. Contact exchange?

Also Hardy Boys=noir jr. I think.

Once we get some answers and info for the above, I suggest we leave, press 2. And get a coffee...perhaps an Irish one given the day we've had.
>>
>>43712871
"Wasn't gonna hold you up, but like I said you got my card and everything, gimme a call if you need some help, I'm gonna go grab breakfast and try to run damage control."
>>
>>43712962
>>43712871
PhantyQuest, if the answer to the following is a spoiler, feel free to ignore this.

Is "beserk Phanty", as some here believe, Phantasma being manipulated somehow by Catherine?
Honestly, that wouldn't make too much sense to me. "Beserk" doesn't imply something under control.
And Phanty obviously cares about our safety a lot. She's just put everything about our case on hold and has been going to every dark and dangerous corner of town looking for us.

Plus that whole cryptic "some ghosts latch onto decades and get really sad and mopey BUT NOT ME HEY ANON WHAT DID THE DEAD GIRL SAY TO THE HUMAN NOTHING BECAUSE GHOSTS AREN'T REAL DUMMY!!1!"
I'm not buying it at all.
I'm also not buying the "I just HAPPEN to have enough spooky ghost ectoplasm powers to beat the shit out of a team of shadow people mafia hitmen."
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suspicious of any kind of betrayel. I'm sure she's still on our side, and you know, one of the good guys and all the junk.
But still, I think there's more to our phantasmal friend than we know, and I think we should be more than a little wary about that.
Pic related, it's the only creepy Phanty pic I have
>>
>>43713211
Maybe she wants us to make her whole?

We should call Isaac, he's good with Ghosts.
>>
>>43712871
Advise her to skip town for awhile, if she ever comes back hit up Caryle and Anon's we might be able to help her get on her feet after this all blows over.
>>
>>43712871
Before letting her go
Ask her what was she expecting to happen when Phanty arrived (So we have an ingame way of knowing what the acievement told us)
Also ask about why is she no longer part of the ghost mafia
And say: "You are free to go, but next time you try something cute like that i will light you up like a constellation. Is that clear?"
>>
>>43712962
>>43712990
>>43713069

>berserk phanty

Only a few votes prevented this form turning into a situation where Catherine is FAR less humble.

She hasn't told you, but she was in charge of creating the chips used by the Big Man's operation. Her special power allowing her to control ectoplasma--and not just he own--allowed her to create an efficient and stable form of ectoplasma storage-that unfortunately had a glaring flaw you will learn about later that she didn't mention to he Big Man thinking it would never be an issue, and this is why she was kicked out of the mob.
Berserk Phanty would've been interesting to fight. You would've seen what Luigi saw.

>>43713069
>>43712990
>>43713140

>Apologize

She nods. "...Yes. That is the correct thing to do. I am an immortal after all. I am higher than you and you should show deference to me.I accept your apology. It would be wrong to be petty to a lesser being."

>We were intimidated by her awesome fairy powers

"Aye. But your science proved more formidable in the end than my art..."

>>43713069
>>43713140
>Give her a card and exchange contact info

She graciously accepts your card and tells you an address where you can contact her later.

"...Your mercy toward me must be rewarded. That is the way. Come to my parlor later, and name your reward. And if it is in my power to grant it I shall."

>>43713328
>Advise her to skip town

"I only wish the Mafia considered me enough of a threat to try something. Unfortunately I am only an outcast from their company."

>>43713069
You press 2. Phanty replies with a smily.

-cont
>>
>>43713478
>You press 2. Phanty replies with a smily.
Goddamn, for a character that fakes being hardboiled, PQAnon is fucking badass.
>>
>>43713259
>Maybe she wants us to make her whole?

>Case is over
>Things got bad
>Police involved
>In station
>In handcuffs
>Dark interrogation room
>"Mr. Anon, I think you were telling us about these...nightmares, you've been having. About your dead "girlfriend"".
>...
>Police ask about being captured by fairy lady.
>Lightbulb outside room dimly flickers. Must be more photokinetic tricks.
>Police ask about warehouse
>For just a brief moment a vision of the warehouse appears in the dark room.
>Anon brushes it off. He's had a long day.
>But you were rescued, right?
>Vision of warehouse appears again, for longer this time.
>Anon thinks he can catch a glimpse of...no...
>"I...I was rescued by...something.
>Mr. Anon, what happened in that warehouse?
>...I was resuced...by...something.
>Brief glimpse of Phanty. Some afterimage, surely?
>Anon blinks furiously trying to dispel it.
>Your partner, Phantasma, right?
>Image of Phanty persists.
>"Did you have contact with your partner?
>Phanty isn't going away. She's still standing behind the officer.
>Anon begins hyperventilating
>"Mr. Anon?! What happened in that warehouse?!"
>Phanty climbs on desk
>Crouches over Anon
>"Anon! We need to know!"
>Phanty grabs Anon's face
>Presses it against her own
>What did your partner do to you? What did she say to you?"

>M̶̡̟̟̩̥̣̕͞͡ͅA̷̧̩̩͙͔̟͍͖̞̺̝̤̖̻̜̠̠̤ͅK̶̨͔̺͎̟̦̠̠̦̲̰̟̩̰̙̯͔̱͓̕E̸͏͚̹͓͇ ̩̰̠͉͕̮̬͖͚͡͞Ù̡͜͞͏̦̱̙̖̣̻̝̙̼̰̤̪͉̟̤̼̺ͅS̴̵̸͇̮͍̰̺̟͚͎̯̪̰͕̭̖̱̥̪͡͝ ̸̷̨̲̲̱̫̘͇̰͇̮̩̞͙͡͡W͠͏͏̡͙̞̙̜͖̘̯͇̹͓̱̞̱͈͙̘͠H͇̟̗̪͖̪̘̰̯͎̭̰̰̹̤̱͜͡O̴͙͓̤̼̪̪̖͙͕̫͕̦͙̜̰͞L̛̦̙̞̞̣͓͠E҉̶̵̨̰̫̥̙̞̙̻̙̪̞͙̼̤̥̣͠
>>
>>43713614
Doesn't matter, had sex
>>
>>43713211
Oh I definately think something is up with Phanty. But we have never really had the position to ask. I would not be surprised in the least that we will be spending considerable time working beyond her guards. Just like how she probably knows something is up with our dark and trouble past as a medium.
>>
>>43712871
"Odds are good the shit is going to hit the fan pretty soon. If you've got somewhere safe you can go, I'd go there. And stay there. Maybe our paths will cross again, maybe not."

>IS HARDY BOYS NOIR?

Hardy Boys are excellent noir novels....
FOR A BABY TO READ.
>>
>>43713603
It isn't so much that he fakes being hardboiled. Its just that he isn't very GOOD at it.
>>
Anon should go meet Phanty and ask for a cup of tar. Black of course.
Then as soon as he tastes the coffee, put it down with a stoic expression and dump all of the coffee creamer and sugar in it.
>>
File: 1447379312495.png (1 MB, 1070x1190) Image search: [Google]
1447379312495.png
1 MB, 1070x1190
Can't wait for coffee and woo woo
>>
>>43713478
>>43713756
>Hardy Boys is Jr Noir for Babies!

Phanty replies with a frowny.

>>43713746
>>43713614
>>43713211
>>43713259

She would have tried to control Phanty. The keyword being "tried". I never said berserk Phanty would be coming after YOU.

>>43713434
>What exactly she expected to do when Phanty arrived

Catherine plays with some black ectoplasma between her fingers, spinning it into mists and clouds. "I have the power to control a certain amount of ectoplasma. Not necessarily my own. I would have used your tomboy as a weapon against you. You did say you found her moxie charming, no?"

>Why is she no longer apart of the Ghost Mafia

"When we started getting the letters from "Isabeau" the Big Man realized that I had...withheld certain information about the design of his chips. You see, I created the chips his casinos use. My raport with ectoplasma allowed me to experiment with storing and stabilizing it. Do not think my magic is too dissimilar from your science. And I created an ingenious method of storing it on small metal plates. But if a ghost with weak ectoplasma...but I do not wish to bore you with the details."

IS EVERYTHING SAID THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID?

IS IT TIME TO GET SOME COFFEE?
>>
>>43714306
I think we're done here, lets get us some coffee and fill Phanty in on the details. Afterwards we can get some shut eye at the office while Caryle and Phanty strategize.
Also let's listen to some of the messages those two left on our phone while we make way to the diner.
>>
>>43714306
I am on team coffee.

>>43714401
Seconding listening to messages. I expect it to be enlightening.
>>
>>43714306
Coffee with Phanty
>>
>>43714306
>Get up
>Go towards the door
>Open it
>Stay there for a second, then look over our shoulder
>Say "Hey, if you ever need my help, this is my card"
>Toss the card
>Light a cigarette
>Smoke
>Realize we don't have cigarettes with us
>Look like an idiot
>Go for coffee with Phanty with a -2 to Hardboiledness for our troubles
>>
>>43714306
>I would have used your tomboy as a weapon against you
"That girl is a lot stronger willed than you might think. She might have surprised you."

> IS IT TIME TO GET SOME COFFEE?
Let's get Phanty her boo berry waffles. Maybe pick up a gift for her as an apology for worrying her? What sort of things does she like?
>>
>>43714464
We already gave her our card
>>
>>43714306
We're done here, let's go grab whiskey-coffee.
>>
Should we walk or take a cab?
>>
>>43714482
Make that -3 to Hardboiledness
>>
>>43714507
If we walk we risk being jumped by the mafia again. Also, we are piss poor.
>>
>>43714514
>We have a weak ass power
>A weak ass power we can bolster with intelligence when the situation is dire
>We are also a bumbling idiot who tries to be cool
>Magical ghost girlfriend
>Are we still dressed as the cereal monk ghost detective murderer?
Forget about Noir, we Anime now.
>>
>>43714401
>>43714440
>messages

Phanty 1

OH MY GOD! ANON! PLEASE PICK UP YOUR PHONE! THE PALOOKA SAID HE DIDN'T KNOW WHERE YOU ARE THAT YOU JUST VANISHED AND I SCARED HIM REAL BAD SO I KNOW HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH OH MAN I"M BEING JUST LIKE MY DAD LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER HUH AHAHAHA.....

PLEASE CALL ME BACK.

Phanty 3

Anon. Stay calm. I'm going to find you. I've cleared out my third bar full of bad guys. None of them know anything. But I'm bound to find one that does...please call me back.

Phanty 8

Its me again. I know you can't hear this but...it makes me feel better to keep talking. I've vaped so many bad guys tonight...I smell like a thunderstorm and my ectoplasma feels tight. I make little sparks when I touch a doorknob. Residual ecto interference from all the bad guy gunk still on me. You can say I went through them like a lightningbolt AHAHAHOHEEHOHAAA...

Phanty 12

To whoever has my partner. You better listen up. I'm coming for you. You can't stop me. I've been fighting lowlives all my life. With the Phantom. Yes, THE Phantom. You better hope my partner is fine when I get there, because I'm going to leave you in whatever state I find him in.

Carlyle 1

Hello? Anon? Hello? Ah damn. I'm probably going to have to pay a ransom now.

Carlyle 2

Hello? Anon? Kidnapper? Was there supposed to be a note or something I didn't get? I'm just calling to check. What are your demands?

Carlyle 3
Yes Phanty, see, I'm calling his number right now, geeze...see, no answer.

>>43714464
>>43714482
>>43714514

You earned that -3 to Hardboiledness. Fortunately, you always carry extra business cards, so you only end up failing to light a not-there cigarette.
>>43714507
>>43714464
The Warehouse empties into the Coolsville afternoon.

You're dissapointed it isn't night. The stupid sun is killing the mood.

You're somewhere on the waterfront. It doesn't take you long for you to find our bearings...

-cont
>>
>>43714858

You start beating feet through the Coolsville streets. The All-Nighters isn't far from where you are now.

You still need to be careful. Phanty has been stirring the pot. The Ghost Mafia is going to want to find you simply to make Phanty stop roughing up their muscle.

Should you continue walking or should you consider calling a cab/taking the subway?

HOW DO WE PROCEED?

>>43714722
You cold say we're...half-boiled.

But maybe...with Phanty we can become...double boiled...Xtreme...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7esYi0k4rSU
>>
>>43714858
>Day after Halloween
>Our everything is in disarray
>We spend the whole night with a girl
Does this coun't as a walk of shame?
>>
>>43714722
>Are we still dressed as the cereal monk ghost detective murderer?
Oh my god, I fucking forgot all about that shit.
>>
>>43714940
Let's walk there. whats the worst that could happen?
>>
>>43714956
>>43714722
>Are we still in our Halloween costume?

Yes. Yes we are.

All of that. All of it. Happened while you were in costume.

Chew that over for a moment.

>>43714954
Shame...or perhaps...victory...
>>
>>43714858
I am never as glad as I am now that we stopped Phanty going Rambo here. Catherine would have been turned to paste.

Keep going on those calls. I think a cab would be wise here.
>>
>>43714940
if it's not too far then let's walk. I'm sort of worried that a ghost cab would drive us away.
>>
>>43714858
Holy Shit.
>>
>>43715009
Can please
>>
>>43714940
Cab sounds fine... Perhaps safer too unless that's what you want us to think.
>>
>>43714940
When a fresh-faced guy in a Chevy offered him a lift, PQAnon told him to go to hell. The guy said, “Screw you, buddy,” yanked his Chevy back into the stream of traffic, and roared on down to the tollbooths.

"Y-you too," said PQAnon.
>>
>>43715008
Let's check our bearings and status
Health?
Tiredness?
Hunger?
Hardboiledness?
Any wounds? How mangled is our costume? Do we need a hug?
Morality?
Inventory?
Also, i know is victory to US, but how do the rest of the people see us?
>>
>>43714940
>HOW DO WE PROCEED?
Cautiously.
Don't forget that we have (what little forces in Coolsville Phanty left) the Ghost Mafia after us.
Don't trust cabs, just walk.
And be aware of our surroundings. Don't want another kidnapping.

Or maybe we do, all this "beserk Phanty" talk has got me curious.
>>
File: Kakyoin likes coconuts.png (297 KB, 379x348) Image search: [Google]
Kakyoin likes coconuts.png
297 KB, 379x348
>>43715155
>how do the rest of the people see us?

>You lured some poor fairy princess into inviting you into her parlor on Halloween night.
>She acted as a gracious host, making small talk and giving you a chair to sit in.
>You responded by attacking her with unholy psychic powers you doubtlessly obtained as gifts from the devil
>You then threatened her with cancer.
>You forced her to answer to personal questions
>You destroyed her pride
>You are a monster.
>>
>>43715008
https://youtu.be/4rO85QjTxKU
I feel that Smooth instrumental jazz music would be more fitting to this quest. This seems okay for a serene walk.
Bonus points if anon hates jazz but forces himself to listen.
>>
>>43715226
That's what she gets for wearing a racist Halloween costume.
>>
>>43715226
>>You are a monster.
Nah, i mean the normies who look at this idiot whose costume looks hastily put together, has been beaten up badly (Repeatedly, i might add) and is aimlessly walking the dock street looking hungry
We should have done far worse to that fairy princess. Relieved some stress maybe. Some pent up frustrations. On that soft, tender, helpless ghost flesh
>>
>>43715375
>Wearing some kind of "chinese dress"
>Is probably Irish
>Halloween night

Oh fuck, I didn't even put that together!
>>
>>43715383
You animal. I like it.
>>
>>43715405
She was very obviously Brazillian, anon. I mean, it was not explicitly said, but the clues were there.
>>
>>43715009
>calls

Phanty 15

I know what you're thinking. I have her partner. He's my shield. She can't do anything to me while I have him. But you're wrong. I can do lots of stuff to you. Lots of scary stuff.

Phanty 18

"Oh jeeze I don't know! I'm just the muscle!"

"Don't talk to me! Talk to the phone!"

(Weird. You think. That didn't sound like Phanty. That sounded like a lion chewing glass)

"Y-yeah, sure. Whatever you say. H-Hellow? Whoever you are, you better do what the lady wants you to o-okay? Whatever you did you did it wrong and she's very, very upset. Just give her back her partner and-"

Phanty 20

Maybe you aren't with the Ghost Mafia. Maybe you planned this so that I would soften up their forces for you. There's a flaw in your plan though. I stopped beating up their cronies after awhile. I won't with you.

Phanty 21

Are you trying to get the police after me for all the bars I've wrecked tonight? Is that your plan? Do you not know who my father was? He was a vigilante. I tried to be better than him. I tried to work with the law. I didn't want the police to be afraid of me like they were with him.

But they are.They're not doing a thing to me."

Phanty 23

Is this one of father's old enemies? Is this another old man with a grudge?

I'll tell you something he never told any of you. I'll tell you something he never told anyone. You see, he taught me everything he knew. About scaring people. And when he was done I even scared HIM.

Did you think I was weaker than him because I didn't take up his mantle? (chuckling).

(laughter)

(manic laughter)

(REALLY manic laughter)

Phanty 24

(Screaming. The sound of...it sounds like balloons popping crossed with exploding

(A hissing noise)

(Crackling. Like static. Or a fire)

(Silence)

(Soft noises. Like stone scraping against stone)

(Raindrops....)

(Barely audible giggling)

...You might want to talk to Phanty about these messages.

>>43715033
Ghosts are scary creatures anon.

-cont
>>
File: Cowering.jpg (26 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
Cowering.jpg
26 KB, 352x370
>>43715431
I didn't think having a spoopy waifu would be so spoopy.
>>
File: this one.png (42 KB, 173x184) Image search: [Google]
this one.png
42 KB, 173x184
>>43715431
>>43715488
>Phanty is the only character in the Ghoul School universe who is actually scary
>I love it
>>
>>43715510
We don't know that... Yet
>>
File: 1441508573083.png (259 KB, 596x446) Image search: [Google]
1441508573083.png
259 KB, 596x446
>>43715431
>She's going insane trying to find us
Is there a reason we aren't calling her? (Not that I want the spookiness to end)
>>
>>43715431
And y'all thought we were headed to instant WOO WOO now weren't you?

Methinks this diner chat may be a long process. At the very least, I think its going to be a good time to ask some rather personal questions. Or at least now may be a good time to try to.
>>
>>43715561
So we can have a dramatic entrance at the diner.

She doesnt see us at first. "Excuse me, is this seat taken?"
>>
>>43715561
She know we are okay now, that is why she is waiting for us in that coffee place.
>>
>>43715573
Also she used a lot of power. What are the odds she looks "thinner"?
>>
>>43715431
... I forget that phanty is a monster sometimes. Note to self: never piss her off.
>>
I am now so incredibly glad Phanty is our friend, and not our enemy. It's the sudden realization that your best friend is built with like 3 times as many character points as you.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d30)

>>43715590
You believe we can surprise a ghost? THAT GHOST in particular? Ah, fuck it. Roll.
>>
File: 1435513115430.jpg (113 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1435513115430.jpg
113 KB, 640x640
>>43715641
Max stealth
>>
>>43715431
>-exploding lightbulbs

>>43715383
>>43715420
On that tender FAKE ghost flesh.

You were a true gentleanon though. You didn't once ask her to drop the glamour.

>>43715405
What kind of Fairy doesn't celebrate Samhain?

>>43715226
>>43715155

You feel beat to shit and need a nap.

You are hungry. All you had earlier was some milky ways and tootsie rolls.

Your Hardboilness levels are fine. Tired, beaten, dragging yourself by your force of will through the urban sprawl? Oh yes, your levels are doing fine even with that slip up earlier.

Wound wise your back is killing you. You have slight scratches and cuts on your arms and sides.

Your costume has two big holes in it, but it doesn't look so bad if you keep your arms lowered.

You could do with a hug.

Your morality is fine. You did not abuse the crazy fairy lady even if she was a total cunt to you. Bogart would applaud your chivalry.

Inventory: You have your penlight, the pennies (all of them counted), your notebook, your cell phone, your wallet, your possession-proof hat and trendy trench coat, and some Halloween candy in your pockets (mostly melted kit kats and skittles).

Your Shadow Decoder Ring is safe and sound in your pocket. Thank God.

People see you as a vagrant. Probably somewhat dangerous.
>>
>>43715641
Oh yeah, yeah sure, no sure, sure. NOW YOU END UP IN 30? Not before, when we needed you?
I guess we can fuck up with light refraction to make ourselves harder to see or something...
>>
File: ohno.jpg (13 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
ohno.jpg
13 KB, 303x166
>>43715431
>>
>>43715641
Do this one PQ
It will be fun scaring the boomaster
>>
File: IT'S THE CANNIBAL GHOST.jpg (30 KB, 726x503) Image search: [Google]
IT'S THE CANNIBAL GHOST.jpg
30 KB, 726x503
>>43715618
What are the odds that she look "stronger"?
What are the odds that some of the thugs she questioned never show up again?
What are the odds that Phanty's wild ride of dark character development hasn't ended yet?
>>
>>43715672
Don't eat. Don't shove into. SMASH into your mouth that candy. We could do with a minor sugar rush.
How could we ask her to drop her glamour? Fabulosity is srs bssnss, mr. Quest
Say, have you explained before how the hat works? Can't we get some knuckles made of that material? Fisticuffs are hardboiled.
>>
>>43715782
Or dangerous if she is jumpy
>>
>>43715864
As the anon who suggested weaker. I am excited if either you or I are right.
>>
>>43715869
>It would be great if we could get those.
>It would be great if, only after having them made, we learn that that material only works as a defense against ghosts.
>It would be great if we lose our fedora and need to precariously balance our defensive knuckles on our head.

Alternatively, it would be great if we could use anti-possession knuckles to literally punch ghosts out of possessed people.
>>
File: ExorcistKnuckles.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ExorcistKnuckles.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>43715930
Like pic related?
If it only works as, say, mosquito repellent. THen we are out of luck.
BUT if it works as a physical shield against ghosts then i bet we can make something that allow us to punch ghosts
>>
>>43715864
oooh man, I am way into this. How the fuck could we deal with a super ghost girlfriend on a rampage? I don't know if we have it in us to use our light powers to stop her.
>>
>>43716035
She will be fine. It is not like we can kill her anyway
>>
>>43716035
We try to talk her down, when that fails we have to let ourselves get mortally wounded enough to knock her out of it.
>>
>>43716035
>I don't know if we have it in us to use our light powers to stop her.
Neither do I, in both interpretations of that question.
>>
>>43715869
You crush that candy into your gob. The sugar. It is good.

You got some kit kat stains on your coat sleeve though. That's got to suck! -1 Hardboildness!

>>43715590
>>43715641
>>43715666
>>43715703

You walk up to the diner as cool as you can be. In the window you can see a familiar blue shape sitting uneasily in a chair sipping some coffee. And pouring extra sugar packets into it.

She sounded like she went through an army and her hair isn't even out of place. She does look...different. Her blue is just a tad deeper shade. Her outline seems stronger, more dark.

You aren't sure how you did it. But you managed to sit down right next to Phanty without her noticing. You chalk it up to a special kind of wavelength you've been experimenting with that masks you from ghost senses by blah blah ectoscience blah blah wavelengths

YOU NOW HAVE +5 TO SNEAKING UP ON GHOSTS AND OTHER ECTOPLASMIC ENTITIES

>>43715901
Called it.

You put an arm around Phanty. "Hey there kid, you come here often."

What turns to look at you is NOT Phanty. It's...

...Well, have you ever heard of a shoggoth? No? Well have you heard of a nightmare?

Think that. But blue. Deep blue.

ROLL 3D30 TO SEE HOW YOUR COURAGE HOLDS UP IN THE FACE OF HORROR
>>43715635
>3 times as many character points as you

In terms of power levels in Ghoul Quest a serious Phanty is just below a serious Tanis activating her most powerful spells. And only -just- below. You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes with Phanty.

>>43715930
>>43716032
>>43715869

Disrupter gauntlets is definitely on the to-do list. You might want to give a call to a certain someone that helped you fix up your hat. He's a vampire hunter for hire.

What was his name again? Oh yeah. Anon.

In short, ROLL TO MUSTER COURAGE!
>>
Rolled 19 (1d30)

>>43716118
>>
Rolled 15 (1d30)

>>43716118
SATAN GUIDE MY COCK!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d30)

>>43716118
>>
>>43716167
YOU FOOLISH FOOL!
>>
File: xocqsy8h.jpg (268 KB, 625x732) Image search: [Google]
xocqsy8h.jpg
268 KB, 625x732
>>43710952
>>
>>43716118
Is Winnie the weakest? She has monstrous strenght but that is all she has going for her.
>>
>>43716118
>In terms of power levels in Ghoul Quest...You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes with Phanty.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d30)

>>43716118
OH SHIT
>>
>>43716167
OOOOH MAN WE SHIT OURSELVES AND START TO CRY;

HARDBOILED -50

That'll put us back in our place.
>>
>>43716167
I'm back
>>
>>43716118
I am excited that I was so off base here.

>>43716167
Oh boy!
>>
>>43716118
>You just realized Tanis Quest is a possiblility
>You just realized we can have adventures in Egypt
>BIZZARE adventures.
>>
>>43716233
Well at least you still have the knack for rolling extremes.

Sure wish it was the other extreme this time
>>
>>43716233
OH SHIT! IT WAS YOU!
>>
>>43716297
Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

The time will come when it comes
>>
>>43716279
>And now I'm imagining Tanis as Dio.
>And now I'm imagining Tanis getting tired of being a little girl and wanting a new body.
>And now I'm imagining Tanis stealing the body of Anon's ancestor
>And now I'm imagining a huge, stupidly buff anime protagonist's body with the head of a ghoul school character.
>>
>>43716336
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuNAE1AV4ls
>>
>>43716342
Why not gravy? It is tastier and can do everything you just described
>>
>>43716342
wise words Super Anon
>>
File: shaggy in rain.jpg (23 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
shaggy in rain.jpg
23 KB, 499x430
>>43716390
>That series of smaller black squares on Winnie
>>
>>43716425
The original image is exactly as those squares imply.
>>
>>43716167
>>43716152
>>43716166
>That critical failure

When it rains it pours.

You're making an awful habit of passing out you know?

You awaken a few seconds later in one of the diner booths. Phanty hovers above you, your head cradled in her arms.

You can feel your hair straighten on your head and face. Static electricity crackles and pops against you. It feels weird, but not bad. Phanty's skin feels smooth and tense like the plastic skin of a balloon about to burst.

"Anon! Oh God, I'm sorry! Are you alright?"

WHAT DO WE SAY TO PHANTY?

>>43716225
Oh man.

Did you?

You did. You totally soiled yourself.

Good thing Phanty is the only one here to see your shame. Her little Lovecraft display apparently drove everyone in the diner screaming for the hills.

And if Phanty notices, she isn't saying anything.

>>43716057
>>43716063
>>43716083
Well she isn't berserking NOW.

But yeah. Contingency plans are not a bad idea. Although expect to hurt her feelings if she finds that you're planning ways of subduing her.

>>43716193
Rough, Rough estimate of power levels

No spells Tanis<Elsa<Sibella<Winnie<Sibella full of blood<Winnie on a full moon<Elsa armed with her gizmos<Phanty<Tanis using spells<Serious Phanty<Serious Tanis<Tanis summoning actual freaking Egyptian Gods like Horus and shit

>>43716390
If you become banned know that you were banned for doing a man's work Anon.

The little black squares still creep me though. Just ain't my thing.
>>
>>43716390
>You will never have a purple skinned girlfriend and live the non-retarded Twilight Dream.
>You will never have a blue skinned ghost girlfriend who will stay young forever.
>You will never have a short werewolf girlfriend with a soft reddish fur. Hairy human girls aren't just the same either.
>>
>>43716474
How can we shit ourselves if we haven't eaten pretty much anything since yesterday? Is it ghost poop?
> little black squares
More to play with, PQ, more to play with.
And monster girls having extra erogenous zones is my fetish.
>>
>>43716474
.Contingency plans are not a bad idea. Although expect to hurt her feelings if she finds that you're planning ways of subduing her.
I think we continue learning new ways to fight ghosts, but not Phanty specifically.
Phanty is our friend, and was only close to doing whatever the fuck she was working up to doing for our sake.
I think we become the best ghost hunter we can be, but draw the line of anything specifically designed to fight Phantasma.
If she does go beserk, we will just have to rely on general ghost combat.
>>
>>43716474
>WHAT DO WE SAY TO PHANTY?
Try really hard to be hardboiled while probably blubbering and crying like a baby/
"H-hey doll. Miss me?"
>>
>>43716474
"I've had a night. At least I finally spooked the spooker."
>>
>>43716474
"Ya Woo Woo'd me real good."

Also give her a big hug. You both could use one.
>>
>>43716540
Could we "time out" Phantasma with cosmic rays?
I bet that when she reforms she will have calmed down.

>>43716474
Where does PQAnon fits in that scale?
Cosmic rays are serious shit. Like, really really serious.
>>
>>43716474
"Okay...maybe that was not my brightest of ideas...hi Phantasma...(combine with this >>43716556)

Welllllp I know where we are going after this diner...how bad is it?
>>
>>43716474
>WHAT DO WE SAY TO PHANTY?

Say we're fine.
At some point, preferably soon, excuse ourselves to the restroom to take care of our "soiled" situation.
Just tell her that we've been away from a restroom for the past few hours and need to go real quick.

>>43716540
Also, I know, I forgot how to greentext for just a moment there.
>>
>>43716590
I really think PQanon may be stupid fucking broken. He is just held back by his try-hard attitude, and the fact that has almost no idea how much power he actually has.
>>
>>43716653
He probably knows. But walking around in lead armor to protect himself against radiation is too impractical.
He is held back by his own vulnerability. With enough training he could be as broken as a D&D illusionist (Phantasmal killer and all) and we know how powerfuill is someone who can bullshit reality at will.
PhantyQuest, Have we ever hurt someone in the past with our powers? Like a parent or a friend?
>>
>>43716537
Number 1, not 2.

>>43716556
"Of course I missed you!" She says pulling herself down on top of you and pressing her face against yours.

>>43716570
"You scared me silly Anon! I thought you might be Ghost Mafia or something! I've been smacking those goombahs down all night and day!"

>>43716586
"Father taught me how to Woo Woo with the best of em'!"

You return the hug. It feels like rubbing up against a carpet in some ways and a metal pole in others. Its weirdddddd. But cool.

>>43716590
Yes.

And PQAnon fits Nebulously around the Phantys and Tanises. He's a bit of glass canon and whether he wins fights depends on whether or not he gets a good clean shot off or not.

>>43716653
He's kept in check with low durability. All the cosmic rays in the world won't help if someone sneaks up on him and saps him. Also, high chance of backfire with his powers.

WHAT DO WE TELL PHANTY ABOUT OUR ADVENTURES?

DO WE ASK ABOUT THE MESSAGES?

DO WE ASK ABOUT HERSELF?

>>43716737
Not physically, no. But you had a real bad experience with trying to connect a ghost to her relatives as a medium.

It was social and emotional pain.
>>
>>43716800
Tell her everything.
Ask about the messages, but back off it seems like a sensitive topic.
>>
>>43716800
Let's give her the rundown of what happened after we passed out lastt night and what we know now and then we bring up the messages.
>"So what exactly did you do last night, you didn't shake the hornet's nest too much did you? In those last ones what were those noises?"
>>
>>43716800
Do not ask about the phone calls yet. Lets get the importang stuff out of the way before we get heavy. Start with our adventure and work from there.
>>
>>43716841
Also, don't forget to say that the situation with the fae girl is over. We don't want to let this get ugly
>>
>>43716800
>DO WE ASK ABOUT THE MESSAGES?
>DO WE ASK ABOUT HERSELF?
"Hey listen... thank you, for going through all that to find me... It's really good to know you've got my back..."

Pause for a bit.

"That being said... are you okay? You didn't quite seem like yourself in those messages."
>>
>>43716800
>WHAT DO WE TELL PHANTY ABOUT OUR ADVENTURES?
She's our partner, she needs to know what's going on.
Spare no details, and tell her all about Catherine and our cosmic ray powers.
Be sure to make a point that Catherine did NOT hurt us, and maybe even bend the truth a bit by saying she didn't intend to cause us serious harm, and that things are OK now.
Maybe still mention her desire for vengeance, though. Say that we're sure she won't try anything, but just to be safe, we should still tell Phanty.

>DO WE ASK ABOUT THE MESSAGES?
>DO WE ASK ABOUT HERSELF?
No. Just say that we're sorry she went through all the hassle looking for us, and sorry that we worried her.
Don't ask about messages and general spookiness yet. It's been a long night/day/bad time for everyone involved. We can ask her about it all later.
>>
>>43716841
I'm good with this. I feel like it would be awkward to bring up the messages at a later date - but if she doesn't want to talk about it don't push it. Just be thankful for everything she did.
>>
>>43716800
I remember Luigi acknowledging our photokinetic powers and deciding to negociate the situation after we croaked... Uh... Ah, who cares? He was probably a mook anyway.
How common is our power? Has the mafia hard counters against people like us? (By that i mean some kind of nullifier, not a tap in the head)
Can we fuck up with the light refraction so that the wet spot in our pants looks lighter, and therefore, not as a wet spot?
>>
>>43716906
>>43716919
>important stuff

Phanty helps you sit up straight and gets you a big piece of strawberry pie and a tall cup of coffee from the counter.

"Don't worry about the bill anon. It seems the least I can do after I scared everyone out of here."

>Explain Catherine

Phanty whistles. "Wow Anon! That sounds like one of Father's old adventures! Trapped by the half-crazed femme fatale, with only his wits and courage to save him!

...But why did you let her go Anon? She said she designed those chips for the Ghost Mafia. And she kidnapped you! And assaulted you! And slapped you! And impersonated a ghost! She aught to be behind cold iron bars! AHHHHHAAAAAHHHHEEEEEOOOOHAAAAA!"

It feels good to hear her laugh freely again. Not like on the messages.

>We're cool with Catherine

"We got her address. I don't see why we don't just call the SWAT to pick her up. Or better yet, why don't we go over there and bust her ourselves! If you could beat her up, imagine what I could do!" Phanty jab at the air with extra large blue boxing gloves. "Ectoplasma control or whatttttever! I'm not your average ghost!"

SHOULD WE PLAN TO BUST CATHERINE? SHOULD WE TELL PHANTY WE'RE HAVING MERCY ON HER AND THAT SHE'S PROBABLY NOT ALL THERE?

SHOULD WE ASK PHANTY TO ELABORATE ON THE FAE?

>Cosmic Rays

Phanty already knows about your cosmic rays.

>>43717072
>After we croaked...

And Rico was his name-o.

And he was totally a mook. When he reforms he'll likely be a stool pigeon. The SWAT probably has ecto-condensers set up around the area already waiting for them,

>How common is our power

Photokinesis is a surprisingly common psychic power. But it is extremely rare for a psychic to have our degree of control and versatility. You are a rarity among the rare, and the people with similar powers in the entire world could be counted on one hand.

>Can we lighten our pants

It looks like nothing happened.

It's still cold though.

-cont
>>
>>43717244
"We have bigger fish to fry, she would be way in over her head if she tried anything on anyone. I'm still not sure exactly what she was though, would you mind explaining?"
>>
>>43717244
>SHOULD WE ASK PHANTY TO ELABORATE ON THE FAE?
Do this. Before we make any decisions of what to tell Phanty about Catherine, and what our course of action regarding her should be, we should learn more about what we're dealing with.
>>
>>43717244
We can go after her if we need information. After all that happened i bet she is willing to cooperate.

>"If she proves to be dangerous we can bust her up when all of this is over... I hope"

Also i knew his name already. I just "forgot" it to accentuate is mookness.
>>
>>43717244
>SHOULD WE PLAN TO BUST CATHERINE?
At the very least we learned that Catherine was not on the Big Man's side. The enemy of our enemy might be our friend and all that.

Don't apologize for her bullshit, but explain that right now she may be more useful free.
>>
>>43717244
>>43717072
>Do they have hard counters against our powers?

Nothing like nullification, but the do have something called "shoot on sight". And they employ their own psychics with powers ranging from fire manipulation to telekinesis.

>>43716841
>>43716896
>>43716932
>>43717004
>Ask

"Oh." Phanty makes an embarrassed face. Her mouth a thin wavy line. "Those phone calls I made...Well, I certainly didn't mean for them to scare YOU Anon. I was just trying to scare the kidnappers...You know my father. He liked scaring criminals. I don't really like how liberal he was and still is with the law. That's why I wanted to be a detective. I wanted to do what father does but inside the law.

But when you just vanished like that I got scared and well, I guess I sort of went back to relying on what I know...I get scared, I make people scared. I get happy I make people happy. That's just how I am."

You can read Phanty like a book. There is something about the last thing she said that strikes you as...peculiar. YOU CAN PRESS HER ON THIS IF YOU WANT.

>What were those noises

Phanty waves her hands about. "Those were the sounds of me sacrificing mafioso to ancient, nameless dark gods! Ohhhhhhhhh!"

"But naw, not really. AHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHEEEEOOOHHHHAAA!"

What it really was was THIS: Phanty draws her fingers across her face and makes her mouth vanish. You hear the sound of a six string quartet, a cat meowing, yodeling, and "I'm in heaven" form Top Hat sung by Fred Astaire"

She waves her hand back and her mouth returns. "Do you see? Or rather...do you hear? AHHHHAAAHHHEEHHHHOOOHHHAAA!"

-cont
>>
>>43717503
>Press
"Phantasma, is there something you wanna talk about?"
>>
>>43717503
"Heh, you live to scare. Even when you are happy. I won't deny your second statement, tho'. "
>>
>>43717503
>That's just how I am."
But you weren't always were you, wanna talk about it?
>>
>>43717590
How did Phanty used to be?
Does she even remember her life?
Does she even care?
>>
>>43717639
Is her dad her real dad or someone who helped her cope.
>>
>>43717682
Now THAT is a good question. And do we (In character) know the answer?
>>
>>43717590
I like this. A little bit blunt, but I think it works. We won't push it if she doesn't want to talk about it.
>>
>>43717682
>Phantasma never talks about her life.
>Phantasma may not even remember her life.
>"Phantasma" is not exactly a common name.
>"The Phantom" raised Phantasma.
>>
>>43717698
I don't think we know yet. Though I love this line of thinking we're going down. Lets wait and see what she does in response to

>>43717556
>>43717590

Before we look down this path. I am fully supporting this theory, but I don't think we'll get the answers yet. But we'll get there.
>>
>>43717791
I say we keep our questions regarding her relationship with her parent for later.
Still
>"I've never met your father. Tell me about him."
>>
>>43717449
>>43717418
>>43717325

You explain to Phanty that Catherine is a piece on the chessboard you don't want taken off yet.

"Ohhhh. Gotcha anon. Looks like we're plotting this caper for the long haul!"

>>43717556
>>43717590
>>43717639
>>43717682
>>43717791

>But you weren't always were you? Is there something you wanna talk about it?

Phanty stares at you.

"...No, not really...except...I'm worried that I've made you afraid of me. And I don't want you to be afraid of me. I don't want you to EVER be afraid of me. So if there's something you...WANT me to tell you..." She touches your hand. "...Please. Don't be afraid to ask me about ANYTHING. Ask me whatever you want."

WHAT DO WE ASK HER?

>>43717682
>>43717698
You have your suspicions.

You can straight up ask her if you want.
>>
>>43717840
We should reassure her that our feelings towards her haven't changed. But we should still ask some questions though
>>
File: bad side of the fedora.jpg (54 KB, 525x473) Image search: [Google]
bad side of the fedora.jpg
54 KB, 525x473
>>43717840
If we feel like we don't really need those answers right now, or if we don't want to know (whether because this is some borderline eldritch knowledge we just don't want to mess with right now, or because we don't want to ruin the mystery) then we can take this opportunity to make her feel better rather than get information.

Let's just say something short and sweet, along the lines of :
"You're my friend, that's all I need to know"
and leave it at that.

I think we'll learn more about Phanty later. With ghost trafficking and the werewolf children being skinned, I'm seeing a lot of emotional moments in our near future. I'm sure we'll get to see more of her spooky side later.
>>
>>43717840
Take our non piss hand and SLOWLY try to reach her cheek, give her time to materialize her face, and lightly stroke her face.
Stop after a few seconds, let go of her face and ask:
"I would never be afraid of you. I just got startled, that's all."
>You can straight up ask her if you want.
Ask her about her father. If the chance comes when we can ask her if they are related lets go for it, but let's not push it.
>>
>>43717941
>ask:
Fucking. GREAT.
>>
>>43717840
Yeah, I don't think we should press her any further guys, just make sure that she know that can talk to us about anything.

>I don't want you to EVER be afraid of me
"Afraid? Me? You know that I'm a fearless, hardboiled detective, right?"

"But, I do think you're pretty, uh, SPOOKtacular."
>>
>>43717840
Grab her hand, look tenderly into her eyes.

"Can I have some more coffee and pie?"
>>
>>43718014
I like this, we really need to lighten the mood.

We need to get those boo berry waffles, too.
>>
>>43717876
>>43717941
>Ask

>>43717938
>>43717997
>Don't Ask

>>43718014
Is this for or against asking?
>>
>>43718051
Ask, but as a conversation starter.
>>
>>43718051
It's for hungryness. And levity, we can ask I guess.
>>
>>43717840
I am with most of the other anons here in suggesting we first reassure her that we aren't freightened of her, and that it was more about seeing this side of her for the first time.

I also am really tempted to say ask as this is the first amount of actual downtime we have had to ask anything about her and I don't doubt that we will be busy for a long while after. However, unless we REALLY REALLY need to know because she is willfully holding things in that affect us and our mission, then I suggest we lighten things up. I think her knowing that we WILL be on her side will allow her to open up at her own pace.
>>
>>43717938
>Wanting to Friend zone Woo Woo Girl

>>43717840
"Is there anything that you WANT to to tell me? You've got a past I can tell, but I'm a hardboiled detective and I would hate to spoil the mystery. Just know that whatever you have going on I will be there with and for you, mortality allowing that is.'
Then we put our hand to her face like >>43717941 said.

See what she says, I'm going for Phanty Kiss achiev.
>>
>>43718051
The important thing is that she was willing to open up - no need to actually dreg any of those heavy feelings out into the open just yet. I'd rather hear her laugh again. We have plenty of time to get to know her tragic backstory. (I already voted so don't count this as anything.)
>>
>>43718108
I vote for this ONLY if Phanty stiffles a laugh when anon says he is a hardboiled detective
>>
File: 1445705622601.png (1 MB, 2106x1708) Image search: [Google]
1445705622601.png
1 MB, 2106x1708
>>
>>43718320
PQAnon looking like him is my headcanon.
>>
File: phanty and adrian brody.png (478 KB, 1258x1867) Image search: [Google]
phanty and adrian brody.png
478 KB, 1258x1867
>>43718320
>We should start carrying pics of Adrien Brody on us at all times.
>Whenever Phanty starts going beserk, we show them to her, and she calms down
>>
oh fuck i forgot about phantyquest!

quest guy, if you're still here, i have important info for you about cosmic rays and radiation and cancer;
you get cancer from long, low exposures to radiation or genetic damage. short powerful bursts almost never induce cancer mutations, it just kills cells outright.

anon would get radiation sickness, not cancer. and the radiation sickness wouldn't really become apparent until hours later

anon needs a digital geiger counter with a was to track accumulated doss!
>>
>>43718362
Are you suggesting that anon is living on borrowed time? God, that's hardboiled.
>>
>>43718108
>Is there anything you WANT to tell me?

"N...no. I mean...I DO want to tell you if you want to know..." Phanty fidgets in her chair. "But I...I mean I don't..."

You quiet her with a sudden brush against her cheek.

You are the smoothest man on Earth with wet pants.

>>43718014
>>43718047
>>43718099

You touch her cheek. You feel it solidify under your touch.

It becomes less ethereal. It feels less like plastic and static and floating snow and more...warm...soft...pliable.

Almost like flesh.

You tell Phanty that you will never be afraid of her.

"Anon...I...I...I l-like you a lot to!" Phanty stutters.

"Like". Your bullshit sensors are tingling. No, no, no. She does not like you.

Its clearly something more.

You decide to lighten the mood, and ask for some more pie and coffee.

Phanty nods happily and hovers behind the counter.

As she floats away you can see her brush her cheek.

You mention that the two of you need to try some boo berry waffles.

Behind the counter you hear Phanty roar with laughter. "Did you...just make a pun? See, what did I tell you! When I'm happy, people get happy!".

"I can work the stuff in the kitchen just fine. Back when I lived with father I sometimes cooked for him and all his crimebuster buddies. Should I get some breakfast going? I might have scared off the staff, but customers should be coming in and there's no reason this place should lose business..."

DO WE OPEN UP PHANTY'S IMPROMPTU DINER?

>>43718089
>Ask

>>43718104
>Kindof sorta Ask

It seems some anons are on the fence. Maybe Phanty's attitude in this post will convince them one way or the other?

ASK OR DON'T ASK? THAT IS THE QUESTION.

>>43718320
>>43718360
>>43718341

AND IS ANON PLAYED BY ADRIAN BRODY?

>>43718362
Geiger Counter added to the to-make desk.
>>
>>43718434
"Lets get cookin good lookin"
>>
>>43718434
>AND IS ANON PLAYED BY ADRIAN BRODY?
Actually there are two people in this thread, Mr. Quest.
You and me, Adrien Brody armed with proxies.
Hello.
>>
>>43718434
I say we open up Phanty's heart
>>
File: u gon' get spooked anon.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
u gon' get spooked anon.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>43718434
>DO WE OPEN UP PHANTY'S IMPROMPTU DINER?
There is no conceivable way that this course of action can go wrong. Let's do it.
>>
>>43718414
>>43718414
nah, just depends on his dose so far

ghosts are far more susceptible to this stuff than human flesh i think
>>
>>43718572
>ghosts are far more susceptible to this stuff than human flesh i think
Ghost dissipate TEMPORARILY
Humans don't.
>>
File: phanty_spoop.png (2 MB, 2000x3300) Image search: [Google]
phanty_spoop.png
2 MB, 2000x3300
>>43718434
>ASK OR DON'T ASK? THAT IS THE QUESTION.
We are in the middle of running a ghost restaurant, we don't have time for that heavy shit!

>DO WE OPEN UP PHANTY'S IMPROMPTU DINER?

REV UP THOSE FRYERS!
>>
Should we borrow some spare pants from the dinner? I bet there are some around. And this is a piss related emergency.
>>
>>43718620
that's what aprons are for, anon
>>
>>43718434
Oooh me heart!

>Missing Persons Case
>We pissed off the ghost mafia
>almost died
>Locked in a conspiracy
>Pissed Mafia off more
>Run Diner
What are we waiting for? At least until relief comes in.

>Ask or no Ask
I feel content not asking hardballs now. Lets just go conversationalist now.
"I bet you made quite the little waitress for them didn't you? I think I will take a sample."
>>
>>43718434
but yes, definitely tell her
>>
File: tumblr_nw461ozaLY1u2eeulo2_1280.png (283 KB, 963x1398) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw461ozaLY1u2eeulo2_1280.png
283 KB, 963x1398
>>
>>43718707
We have a dead person and a hardboiled detective covered in piss attending the place.
The health inspector will surely close the place.

But i bet this coocking experience is a set up for a falling in love montage... I don't see how this could go wrong.
>>
File: phanty_miss.png (738 KB, 1520x1756) Image search: [Google]
phanty_miss.png
738 KB, 1520x1756
Well guys, my 9-5 is going to stop me from seeing this one till the end (unless it goes until morning), but I have had a blast. I am really looking forward to more Phanty Quest in the coming weeks!
>>
File: WellAlwaysHaveTheArchivesAnon.jpg (48 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
WellAlwaysHaveTheArchivesAnon.jpg
48 KB, 720x540
>>43718841
Pic related
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.