[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Core Mechanics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Armored_Core_-_Nine_Breaker.jpg (159 KB, 349x490) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_-_Nine_Breaker.jpg
159 KB, 349x490
What are some of your favorite core mechanics, /tg/, and why? Working on a homebrew at the moment and I've just about given up trying to come up with a relatively unique core mechanic. So I've decided to not try and reinvent the wheel.

d100, d20, dice pools, stepping dice, etc. What do YOU like the most.

Pic not related outside of a shitty attempt at a pun.
>>
Roll and Keep
http://rollandkeep.wikia.com/wiki/Introduction_and_Design_Goals
>>
>>43705834

Good. No one cares about how UNIQUE your mechanics are, (except for some people around here) we just want something that works.
>>
>>43705834
Fuck I thought this was gonna be a thread about Mecha RPGs.
>>
Cards placed face down that you reveal at the same time.
>>
>>43706058
>Nope, it's just me: a shitty pun!
Him
Hook, line and sinker, anon.
>>
>>43705991
T-Thanks for the tough love.

>>43706058
Well, sorry to mislead you, anon, but my homebrew IS a mecha game if that helps.

Gotta have a core mechanic before anything else though. So while the topic itself might not be related to the pic, the project is. I didn't think it was necessary to mention it though.

>>43706145
Care to elaborate more on that?
>>
>What are some of your favorite core mechanics
Overboost and Exceed Orbit.
>Pic not related outside of a shitty attempt at a pun.
>implying I care
>>
>>43706850
Check Yomi or Battlecon for a working example. It's just a method to decide on what you are doing for your action without everyone else knowing right up until it's time to do it.
>>
>>43705834
I irrational love dice pools because bukkake'ing the table with a fuckload of dice is super-satisfying. Also it works really well for games with lots of augmentative powers, through adding dice and successes.

It also feels powerful. More competent characters get more dice, as opposed to everyone just rolling the same kind of dice with different modifiers. I know it's very shallow, but seeing your dice pool rise as your stats rise and use your abilities is incredibly satisfying.
>>
>>43707907
WoD style or some other dice pool game?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.