[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Didn't see a thread. Is this legit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: _20151117_235522.jpg (114 KB, 720x565) Image search: [Google]
_20151117_235522.jpg
114 KB, 720x565
Didn't see a thread. Is this legit?
>>
>>43694896
what the crap is that is that the mystical purple land?
>>
>>43694896
Probably not
>>
>OP samefagging this hard
Nice try
>>
>>43694896
Pics are suspiciously fuzzy, especially around the expansion symbol.
>>
>>43694896
Menace isn't key-wordable sans reminder text, and they're not going to introduce a new not!color
>>
>>43694896

I highly doubt that they are going to introduce a new special land type in the LAST set of a block. That is beyond niche.

I'll assume this is BS unless wizards confirms it.
>>
>>43694972
not on my screen, the thing is i don't think the kozilek fits the number crunch at all.
>>
>>43694963
Nevermind. I'm mentally re-re.
Also, definetely not legit.
>>
>wasteland
holy shit my sides.
>>
>>43694993
>Menace isn't key-wordable sans reminder text
Lolwut? It's an evergreen keyword, and they drop reminder text from wordy mythics all the fucking time. Emrakul didn't have annihilator reminder text.
>>
>>43694993
A not color wouldn't need a symbol or necessitate a symbol either.

The type-less basic land finally being released would be cool though.

This is clearly bull shit though
>>
>>43695028
Yep. Looked it up. Not real, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth is real, though. He's colorless.
>>
>>43695022
>Wasteland functional reprint
>also is a Basic Land
it would be the most hilarious thing
>>
Menace seems stupid on a 12/12 eldrazi titan. They're meant to be world destroying terrors, not a bit 'menacing'
>>
>>43695050
not to mention this doesn't do anything even remotely like annihilator
>>
>>43694896
Bullshit.
>>
>>43694896
The only thing that's weirding me out here is the fact that I can't find that Kozilek art anywhere on the internet.

It's really high quality, so I would assume it would be pretty high in the google image search, but I can't find a goddamn thing.

The land doesn't look like Swanland's work though.
>>
>>43695028
>A not color wouldn't need a symbol or necessitate a symbol either.
I assume the ◊ symbol would mean "you can't spend any color of mana on this, only colorless".
>>
>>43695105
I took a look around and could not find either
>>
>>43695105
something actually looks off about the art for kozi to me
>>
>>43695105
There is a Kozilek card, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth. It's from Rise of the Eldrazi. 12/12, colorless, with Annihilator 4.
>>
>>43695065

And it would mean that all of the Eldrazi titans are based on totally unique mechanics. Ulamog with ingest/Exile mill, Kozilek with eldrazi lands, and presumably Emrakul gets something to herself too.

Which is an awesome concept, but we are waaaaaay too late in the game for them to be making up this kind of diversity.
>>
>>43695109

I presumed it would basically be Snow Covered Lands 2: Zendikar Boogaloo
>>
>>43695141
no shit sherlock
>>
>>43695109
That would not be the worst thing in the world
>>
>>43695109
That would make sense.

>>43695125
That, and the other anon's statement about what the new mana symbol might mean lead me to believe that the Kozilek might be real. The other land still looks wrong though. Especially the fact that it really doesn't look like Raymond Swanland art.

>>43695141
Yes. Everyone knows this.
>>
>>43695026
Anybody who owns an Emrakul does not need reminder text, and most people know what it does because it is unique and devastating.
There are several different block-altering keyword abilities similar to Menace, and it has never been printed without the reminder. Hell, in recent sets they don't even keyword it.
>>
>>43695182
That's because it only became evergreen in Origins.

This is the second set it's been evergreen in.
>>
>>43695164
>>43695181
Sorry. Didn't know it myself until I looked it up.
>>
>>43695109
>I assume the ◊ symbol would mean "you can't spend any color of mana on this, only colorless".

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/know-what-2015-11-16

>what do you like most about the spring 2016 block?

>MaRo: I think it cleverly solved an ongoing problem we've been having.

Thoughts?
>>
>>43695041
>>43695141
How new are
>RotE came out over five years ago
Oh...
>>
>>43695257
My thoughts are that the spring 2016 block is Innistrad2 block.
>>
>>43695313
It's reprinting snapcaster mage in red and banning the blue one in every format.
>>
>>43695142
>Which is an awesome concept, but we are waaaaaay too late in the game for them to be making up this kind of diversity.

This is what I hate most about getting into MtG "recently". All the cool shit has already been done, tried, and tested. Nothing new because they're worried they'll fuck it up again and break balance. They avoided Enchantment lands in Theros because they fucked up so badly with Artifact lands.

I should have got into the game earlier, when R&D wasn't afraid to take chances.
>>
>>43694896
>Wastes
>Cave is finally a thing

FUCK YES
>>
File: 1251598548726.jpg (107 KB, 686x734) Image search: [Google]
1251598548726.jpg
107 KB, 686x734
IS THAT MOTHERFUCKING BISMUTH?
>>
>>43695109
PAINLANDS ARE BACK BABY

Fuck your fetch/tango shit
>>
>>43695392
'We want to make the edgiest card possible' - wotc
>>
>>43695371
>They avoided Enchantment lands in Theros because they fucked up so badly with Artifact lands.
No, they didn't do it because sticking other types on lands is promoting land destruction.
>>
>>43694896
If they print a colorless basic I would be SO happy.
>>
>>43695467
MaRo said on his fucking blog that's why they didn't do it, you stupid little shit.

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/enchantment+land

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>43694896
I really hope I wake up to this is on mythic spoiler tomorrow.
>>
File: 1444740536390.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1444740536390.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
>>43695257
Offtopic to be sure sure but
>I think it's the concept of the player psychographics (Timmy/Tammy, Johnny/Jenny, and Spike)
>adding female variant names
Christ
They're not even good fits for the concepts like the original 3 were. Timmy gives the idea of the kid player who likes the big whoaaaa effects (no offence intended to any Timmies). Tammy has none of that.
I am mildly peeved.
>>
>>43695572
Gotta appeal to that niche group that makes up maybe 1% of the playerbase. Don't you want to be inclusive, anon? It's 2015!

Typing this out made me want to vomit.
>>
>>43695491
I wish they'd been braver with pushing constellation. Playing enchantress back in the day was sweet
>>
>>43695467
actually maro said they didn't because of constellation. he thought a free trigger from a land would be too powerful.
>>
>>43694896
They key to this shit is to find the art or look up the artists.

The Kozilek does seem similar to some of Aleksi Briclot's pieces but I don't think there's a single piece of Raymond Swanland art (looking at his gallery) that features blue skies. Like the man is incapable of drawing a sky that isn't some cloudy, stormy, epic looking shit.

Maro has also been against adding a sixth color. Even if these lands and symbols just represent "colorless" that still seems pretty close in concept.
>>
>>43695572
>>43695607
Whats the female version of "Spike" anyways
>>
>>43695628
Too bad Theros block turned out to be underpowered shit.

>>43694896
Have a good chance to be real, based on the art being not on the internet so far.
>>
>>43695677
Still Spike, just like Timmy is Timmy and Johnny is Johnny. Don't be a tard.
>>
>>43695677
Spike is androgens. It fits either sex.
>>
>>43695607
Come on man, it's simple capitalism. If they appeal to a wider demographic they can sell more packs to people who they hadn't sold to previously. While it might be 1% it's higher than that for women players if they increase that then they increase profits.
If you don't think they should try to increase profits as much as possible, does that mean you're some kinda communist?
>>
>>43695657
MaRo is against a lot of things but if he's not in charge of the set what he says doesn't really matter.
>>
>>43695657
Its not a new color. its "You can only spend colorless on this mana cost."

Similar but different concepts.
>>
>people kept asking for Wasteland
>so here's a Wastes land
>fuck you
>>
you fucking what
>>
>>43694896
>upon cast
Consistent with eldrazi titans
>Draw ability
Seems like a safe draw wizards would go for
>Menace
Fucking underwhelming on him, but sure. That seems like a wizards like way to underpower it
>Counterspell on a stick
Shit that's interesting
>Mana symbols
Yeah this is very unlegit, but it has so much potential to be from WotC
>>
>>43695677
Spike is also synonymous with Faggot. So you have Faggot/Fagette
>>
It's probably fake, but that's an interesting design. The counter ability combined with the carddraw seems like it could be pretty fun to play.

8/10 custom card. Can't wait to see what dumb abbreviation people start using for the mana symbol. 8NN?

>>43695698
Google says that it's 38%?
>>
If these are fake they look really convincing. On the topic though, could the "only use colorless mana" thing be just mentioned in the rules text? Unless it's a mechanic in the set then nwm
>>
What if wizards sends out "fakes" to gauge player reactions to new/controversial ideas

what if OP is the wizards
>>
>>43695607
Apparently about 40% of the consumer base is female, according to their research.
>>
>>43695836
Then make the sixth mana color and make a weird meta
>>
File: RQQy108[1].jpg (75 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
RQQy108[1].jpg
75 KB, 720x1280
>Same number of cards in set

Let the hype train roll
>>
https://www.artstation.com/artist/aleksi

Art seems pretty in line with Aleksi.
There is potential here I think.

The card number isn't very promising on Kosi because that would mean there are 3 or less colored mythics unless they decided to change how they normally number cards. The land is right where it would be, though.
>>
>>43695910
MAXIMUM HYPE HAS BEEN ACHIVED
>>
>>43695901
I don't believe that
>>
>>43695910

HOLY FUCK
>>
>>43695910
I WAS ABOUT TO POST THIS YOU FUCK
>>
>>43695922
>The card number isn't very promising on Kosi because that would mean there are 3 or less colored mythics unless they decided to change how they normally number cards.

Look at Battle for Zendikar. The card numbering starts with the completely colorless (not the devoid ones) Eldrazi and spells.
>>
Have you guys thought of how good of a fake that card is? It almost seems... real.
>>
>>43695910
I still have my doubts about this but cool if it is a thing
>>
>>43695910
>>43694896

From a design standpoint, it's weird to me that they'd only introduce a land type like this in the second set of the block. Why wait?
>>
>>43695984
Because they changed how they are doing sets now.
>>
>>43695984
second and last set of the block
>>
>>43695984
Could be that each Eldrazi titan does something unique.

Ulamog - exiled their deck
Kozilek - whatever the fuck this is
Emrakul - ???
>>
>>43695910
>mfw I can now copy my Siege Rhinos and update my list from 8 Trigrams 36 Rhinos to 8 Trigrams 40 Rhinos
>>
>>43695984
Because it may link in with SOI. If it is Lovecraft horror whit Emy they may be prepping for that.
>>
To anyone familiar with the Zendikar lore: how would a new type of mana drawn from wastes make sense flavourwise?
>>
>>43695922
why would kosi change the number of colored mythics? cards are ordered by color and name. colorless goes first then wubrg order, multi, then artifacts and lands

>>43695808
normally the rules text for the new mana symbol would be included like they did for phyrexian mana but for mythics they are ok with taking out rules text to fit the other text better.
>>
>Concept
I really dig the concept of a new "color". I've been playing Magic on and off my whole life, so I'd like to see something new on the table. I liked Enchantment Creatures, but I've always wanted a new color
Fuck Planeswalkers, btw

Kozilek's text is consistent with Wizards style and Damia. The flavor text is also fitting of Wizards style, a style which unfortunately is now congruent with "clever nerdy one liner" tshirts

>Real?
Tough call. It's a very convincing fake if it's fake.

I would say that it's completely legit, if only there were reminder text on the land or something. Wizards is really pushing NWO, and I don't think that in their "target demographic" that you can just put a symbol on a land and have the player magically know what it means.

Also, how the fuck do you draft this? Unless every single booster contains "devoid" lands, you'd have a hard time casting this I think. There are also some places that do not draft the lands. This reason further solidifies, for me, that this is fake

It is incredibly convincing though
>>
>>43695984
Kozilek apparently corrupts the land by turning it into Bismuth and not the white chalky shit we've seen

I guess they wanted Big K to be a surprise.
>>
>>43695994
>>43695995

Yes, I know. But the whole point of the 2 set-block paradigm wasn't that the second set was hard to design for, it was that the 3rd set was hard. Traditionally, they introduce something in the first set, and then play on it in the second. They're not leaving any time to explore or expand on the potential design space (assuming it exists) by only introducing it in the last set of the block.
>>
>>43695952
>15 Mythics in BFZ
>Ulamog is 15
>>
>>43696035
Kozilek, Lord of Bismuth

I can dig it.
>>
>>43695984
>From a design standpoint, it's weird to me that they'd only introduce a land type like this in the second set of the block. Why wait?

It might have been a consequence of turning a three-block set into a two-block set. Also, Devoid is "color-costed cards are colorless", which is completely different from "must be paid with colorless".

I agree that is would be an odd choice but the "Wastes" mana symbol might not be exclusive to the Eldrazi? Or perhaps we are seeing a schism within the Eldrazi Titans thematically.
>>
>>43696034
Why would the land have reminder text? It's full art. If it is legit, expect to see it on precon lands and/or rule inserts.
>>
You pay 8 whatever color you want for New Kozilek. Then two that MUST be Colorless. Wastes is the new Colorless land, Barry's Land. Barry's Land came closest to being real when Domain was in Standard.

Not saying it's real but there's certainly signs that point towards it.
>>
>>43696022
Mana is still mana. The eldrazi just eat what makes it colored.

So the mana is still there its just not usable by anything else.
>>
>>43696034
>Also, how the fuck do you draft this?

I would like to hear opinions on this as well
>>
>>43696034
I was of the impression that the diamond thing meant it had to be colourless mana, but who knows.
>>
>>43695922
>The card number isn't very promising on Kosi because that would mean there are 3 or less colored mythics unless they decided to change how they normally number cards.
Uh, what? Number 001 in BFZ is not a mythic. It's Breaker of Bala Ged.

Numbering is done alphabetically by color, with colorless coming first and then going WUBRG, followed by gold, hybrid, split cards, artifacts, and lands, in that order. Rarity doesn't factor into it at all.
>>
>>43696034
They'll just supply wastes with other basic lands? This would be cool if it were real.
Only question is, why doesn't this have a land-type?
>>
>>43696022
>how would a new type of mana drawn from wastes make sense flavourwise?

I think the Eldrazi (or Kozilek in particular?) job involves recycling the mana in a given plane. Zendikar is known for it's turbulence, which could explain why the Titans appeared there to begin with.
>>
>>43696079
SUPPOSEDLY, this was submitted as an idea for the "Great Designer Search" was a way to do a 6th color without actually introducing another color.
>>
>>43696077
>>43696034

> Unless every single booster contains "devoid" lands, you'd have a hard time casting this I think.

Not quite. Kozilek's Channeler would satisfy the 2 colorless requirement, as would eldrazi scion tokens, wouldn't they?
>>
it would be believable if the waste-land isn't basic.
>>
>>43696034
>>43696077
>>43696096
>>43696113
>Also, how the fuck do you draft this?

Same way you did Snow Lands. You only have access to the ones you drafted. Basically, Basics now actually stay in the pack for draft for Oath.
>>
>>43696113
I'd assume you can just get all the "Wastes" lands you want from a land station like every other basic.
>>
>>43696114

That would make it a nonbasic and limited to 4 of in a deck.

They may want to try to make a colorless only deck possible.
>>
>>43696096
Coalition Victory and its ilk I expect. The text runs:
>You win the game if you control a land of each basic land type and a creature of each color.
So if you don't give Wastes a type, Victory etc. don't care about it, so it doesn't factor into the effect.
>>
>>43696114
>Wastes becomes the new basic land
>New mechanic in every set from now on
>Eldrazi in every set
Yeah, that seems unbelievable
>>
>>43695836
You realize they design sets years in advance, right? OGW previews start in 2 months.
>>
>>43695677
There isn't one: girls don't win.
>>
>>43696163
>Snow-Covered Mountain is printed in every set
Anon, I have bad news.
>>
>>43696113
>eldrazi scion tokens
Then why no forshadowing by printing it on the token?

I like this idea of these lands a lot, but I just don't think they fit with the way Wizards is trying to present their game
>>
I found something from 2012:
(google) mark-rosewater-hints-at-the-possibility-of-a-sixth-basic-land-type

I still don't know how they will get around the domain problems described in the article
"Whatever Happened to Barry's Land?"
(no links because 4chan thinks it's spam)

>>43696022
it's devoid of any form of life?
>>
>>43694896
It feels so fake. I wouldn't be able to believe that wizards would make something so parasitic but hey ingest exists
>>
>>43696074
>Beth: I'm sorry we can't make the card.
>Me: Now.
>Beth: What?
>Me: You're sorry we can't make the card now. Who knows what improvement in rules technology the future holds? One day we'll bring the mechanic back and maybe then, in that far-flung future, there will exist a way to print Barry's Land.
>Beth: Whatever you say, Mark.

It's happening?
>>
File: 810419421.png (41 KB, 580x353) Image search: [Google]
810419421.png
41 KB, 580x353
>>43694896
>>43695910
>>
>>43696185
Wizards is switching to two set blocks, the entire way they present things is changing and the first few blocks will probably be somewhat awkward. I wouldn't be surprised if Zendikar 2, Innistrad 2, and at least up to the next block after weren't all initially, in some way, meant to be 3 set blocks.
>>
>>43696074
It's not Barry's Land.
The entire point of Barry's Land is to have Domain - which counts basic land TYPES - go to six.
Wastes doesn't have a land type at all, thus does nothing for Domain.
>>
If those are fakes, they are extremely well done.
>>
>>43696183
Oh, right. I am dumb. I forget that snows are basics.
>>
>>43696101
They were lured there, actually. By Sorin, back when he actually Did Things instead of just watched.
>>
what if that new mana symbol means colorless mana, that can be spent as any color of mana to cast colorless spells
so you can use it to cast the devoid things
>>
>>43696192
>parasitic

The newest /mtg/ buzzword, everyone.

Ingest interacts with the exile zone; Processors only meaningfully interact with Ingest, but it's a Tribal subtype not a keyword.
>>
This is the craziest thing that's happened in mtg this decade
>>
Someone tweet it to maro and ask him if its real.
>>
>>43696238
You do know what parasitic means, right?
Ingest cards dont work when taken out of the set, same as processors.
>>
Rip magic
>1993-2016
>>
>>43696238
parasitic is now mtg's mary sue. a.k things i don't like.
>>
Weird that they wouldn't add a reminder like with the Phyrexia mana symbols.
>>
>A land that doesn't help you play your eldrazi because half of them are colored now
Top wew wizard I'd tip my fedora at how you manage to improve the game set after set since NWO
>>
>>43696235
That would mean the Kozis mana cost is two colorless and eight colorless. That doesnt make sense.
>>
>>43696267
Ingest cards work just fine without anything else to ingest. Just like Tome Scour does.
>>
>>43696235
You might be onto something
>>
>>43696284
They probably would on lower rarity cards.
>>
>>43696192
If it's just 'tap: add colorless mana' and 'spend only colorless mana on this' then it's kinda NOT parasitic at all.
It works with anything in the history of magic that taps for 1 instead of for W, U, B, R, or G, and the lands'd work with anything that requires a non-colored mana cost.
>>
>>43696267
Yeah because only cards with ingest exile things right?
>you in charge of not being retarded
>>
>>43696289
No its 8 colorless and 2 non colored.
>>
>>43696289
no, its 8 mana of any color and two colorless
>>
>>43696235
>what if that new mana symbol means colorless mana, that can be spent as any color of mana to cast colorless spells
>so you can use it to cast the devoid things
Doesn't that fact that we, as "veterans", can't exaclty tell what this color does absolute proof that it's a fake?

Imagine poor little YGO Timmy buys his first booster pack after learning what Magic is. He only know basic colors and that he wants green.

Timmy opens his pack. First, he's shocked that the cards are larger than YGO cards. Second, he's shocked because he's opened a land that he doesn't recognize, and a card with that symbol on it which he also doesn't recognize

Timmy goes home crying because the commons (and now, even the lands!) are too comlicated
>>
>>43696235
>colorless mana, that can be spent as any color of mana to cast colorless spells

The definition of "add one mana of any color to your mana pool".

"Can only be paid with colorless mana" makes more sense. Colorless matters is still the block theme, and a Colorless mana symbol would be the next logical step in expanding on the theme.

I'm not entirely convinced given MaRo's comments on the subject in BFZ but perhaps he's been trolling us the wholoe time.
>>
>>43696248
Double Faced Cards.
>>43696259
He won't respond, he's legally obligated NOT to in fact.
>>
>>43696323
I'm sure ALL THOSE CARDS that interact with exile make Ingest not parasitic. There's like 3.
>>
>>43696267
i guess Magma Jet is parasitic since, it exiles, won't work outside the set!!!
>>
>>43696325
>>43696326
Ohhh yeah I see now. The diamonds are the "wastes" and eight remains the classic colorless.
>>
>>43696267
How do they not work outside of the set? If I path your creature and then cast a Murk Strider, it processes it just fine. If I ingest your Torrent Elemental, you can bring it back from exile (and you got one card milled :^) ). Point is, yes, there isn't much stuff that interacts with the exile zone, but it's not parasitic. It works outside of the set. Parasitic is for shit like Arcane which actually has absolutely no functionality outside of Kamigawa, for example.
>>
>>43696267
>Ingest cards dont work when taken out of the set, same as processors.
Really? Put Sower in ktk, and see how sultai delve hates it.
>>
>>43694896
Probably not, but that would be fucking awesome.
>>
>>43695910
source?
>>
File: 1310403568788.jpg (124 KB, 573x572) Image search: [Google]
1310403568788.jpg
124 KB, 573x572
>Everyone in this fucking thread

Mana costs are literally match the symbol on your land to the symbol on the card how are you fucking this up.

Those symbols just indicate that it requires at least 2 colorless mana. This can be from these new basics or your Kozilek's Channeler (see what they did there you fucking rubes?)
>>
>>43694896
Utter fucking bullshit. They'd never introduce a new color that would most likely be used in one set. I hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>43696332
except we somehow have to explain why a land is using this new mana symbol instead of just saying add one colorless mana to your mana pool
>>
>>43696385
It's not a new color.
It's colorless.
Kozilek demands commitment to colorless.
>>
File: 99.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>43696310
but
>>
File: 1181_borborygmosenraged.jpg (93 KB, 620x452) Image search: [Google]
1181_borborygmosenraged.jpg
93 KB, 620x452
>>43694896
I have one superpower, /tg/. I can identify artists from looking at pictures. These are definitely illustrated by Aleksi Briclot and Raymond Swanland. They might just be real. Fuck.
>>
>>43696284
the revealed cards are mythics. mythics don't have to have the reminder text on them.
>>
Purple forever
>>
>>43696377
>Those symbols just indicate that it requires at least 2 colorless mana.

That would defeat the purpose of being a Basic Land. Wastes is not a Double Colorless, it's Barry's Land which now has it's own symbol, so that you [need] a colorless mana to pay for it.
>>
>>43696399
Then why the new mana symbol?
>>
>>43696403
>>43696284
Annihilator wasn't explained on the mythic Eldrazi titans in ROE.
>>
I dub the new mana symbol "troo colorless mana". You're welcome.
>>
>>43696424
Because text like "Fabricated 2 (Pay for this spell with at least 2 colorless mana" doesn't allow easily identifying what kind of mana you *need* to pay for it by looking at the frame and/or top right corner and adds a lot of text to cards that could do without the extra text.
>>
>>43696424
Because it demands the colorless. If it just said {10} then you could use all green to cast him.
>>
File: Sliver Hivelord.jpg (203 KB, 1800x1312) Image search: [Google]
Sliver Hivelord.jpg
203 KB, 1800x1312
>>43694896
Aleksi style checks out...
>>
>>43696465
I mean both the lands. Why does it produce diamond?
>>
>>43696451
[L] (Spend only mana that has no color for [L].)
>>
>>43696424
Like snow covered shit? The difference is back then, snow mana are only used for abilities, not casting costs.
Look at Coldsnap cards for reference.
>>
So the old symbol is for mana of any color, the new for colorless? Still seems odd.
>>
>>43696284
>>43696403
Perhaps WotC cares for colorblind people? I personally can't tell the symbols for phyrexian green and black apart, but I can recognize the tree and the skull.
>>
>>43696480
Maybe from now on, the colorless diamond is the new symbol for lands that produce one colorless mana. It would make sense.
>>
>>43695392
I'm okay for bismuth as the 6th color.
>>
>>43696451
I prefer "colored not allowed" mana
>>
>>43696451
>new lands are called tap dance, cuz it takes 1 to tap it xDDD
>>
>>43696409
>Swanland
Really? I'm not a huge Swanland buff (or fan) but aren't his arts normally more intense and with lots of crazy action lines and stuff? Bismuth has lines too of course but you know what I mean.
>>
>>43696491
the old symbol is for any color including colorless, the new is for only colorless.
>>
>>43696480
Consistency sake? You have a new art asset, why not use it in the set where it will be prominent?
>>
>>43696491
It's like having a sixth color that isn't actually a color. The 'diamond' symbol on the Wastes land is a requirement to pay it's cost.
>>
>>43696077
I'd assume you can just get any number from the store, like with any other basic. But who knows
>>
File: 1386461353302.gif (801 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1386461353302.gif
801 KB, 150x150
ITS A SIXTH COLOR YOU FUCKS
>>
So will all land like wastelands tap for a diamond now?
>>
>>43696521
Bottom left corner has a lot of Swanland's typical "scale" structures. They probably told him to make the edges a bit smoother for the basic land.
>>
>>43696561
Its not
>>
>>43696424
they have been wanting to make a colorless basic land for a while. they probably found out how to make it work well with the rules and it was also finally a great time to introduce it.

>>43696480
because diamond would work differently from regular colorless. diamond can be used to pay for regular colorless costs and for diamond costs. think of it like a 6th color but not really.
>>
>>43696564
"Wasteland" is not a basic land type. "Wastes" doesn't have a basic land type at all. It's not one of the five basic lands. It's troo colorless. (tm)
>>
>>43696465
>>43696459
Except that functionally makes colorless mana a type of colored mana and fundimentally breaks with how the mana system works for no reason.
>>
>>43696584
I meant the original wastelands from tempest
>>
>>43694896
Could be fake, might not be. Anybody want to whip up an Eldrazi in MSE if there's a template out yet? I can run it through and see if they've got the same sorts of artifacts.
>>
>>43696561
Colorless is the sixth color, and it's getting a basic land. (n) will still exist but if the spell requires Colorless, it will use the Wastes symbol.
>>
>>43696600
No, it doesn't, you doofus.
>>
>>43696600
>and fundimentally breaks with how the mana system works

[citation needed]
>>
>>43696600
Dub dubs wasted on such a retarded post
>>
>>43696609
Only if [diamond] is now the symbol for [1].
>>
>>43694896
Didn't even get past the name before I knew it was fake.
"The Great Distortion"
I can't even describe what is exactly wrong. It's sound "internet-cool" and not at all like something wotc would use.
>>
>>43696332
>I'm not entirely convinced given MaRo's comments on the subject in BFZ but perhaps he's been trolling us the wholoe time.

Would that even be surprising? Faggot kept harping on about how we'd see a reprint from Future Sight in Theros, turns out to be Nessian Courser.
>>
>>43696614
What am I looking at?
>>
>>43696648
You have too much faith in wizards apparently.
>>
>>43696600
>i never saw snow covered basics and snow mana logo before
newfags
>>
>>43696648
it should be the Gyreat Distortion
>>
>>43696659
I'd need to reread a few of the early BFZ articles to get it, maybe he was giving out crumb trails and nobody else picked up on it?
>>
This would mean that shit like painlands can tap for diamond, and I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>43696648
>>43696679
G8 Distortion M8 {8}{<>}{<>}
>>
>>43696686
Actually, that would make some sense with their reprint in Origins.
>>
>>43696686
Not if the diamond symbol is the new symbol for one colorless mana.
>>
>>43696502
This, actually. Maro said it somewhere on his blog. It's why there are no multicolor Phyrexian mana cards.
>>
>>43696388
Psuedo-answer to people asking for a 6th color.
Implementation of a mechanic to make Kozilek feel "otherworldly", same with Devoid.
Or it could just be a one and done thing, only used for Oath and their Eldrazi.
>>
>>43696715
So what the fuck does it do to cards who produce multiple colorless mana, like sol ring. Does it produce [2] still or does it produce god awful [diamond][diamond] now. If it doesn't apply to multiples of mana, whats the point?

This is a bad idea.
>>
>>43696648
Everyone look at this guy and laugh.
>>
>>43696614
wat
>>
>>43696706
Kozilek the G8 B8 M8 I R8 It 8/8
>>
>>43696746
Wastes would look shit if there was a [1] in the frame.

Maybe that's why they made it a symbol.
>>
>>43696746
Just look at it as the snow mana version for colorless.
>>
>>43696661
Output of a program that examines JPG artifacts. Because of the way JPGs are saved, any given one will approach a black image if run through this filter as it is repeatedly saved. If regions show very different brightness in this thing, one possible explanation is that the thing was digitally edited so that the accumulated JPG errors in the new stuff are different from those in the base image. The problem is that there are other explanations - high-contrast edges, for instance text, can generate bright spots in the same way just because of the way JPGs work, so it'd be best to compare it to a known fake to get an idea of what it OUGHT to look like.

Given the way MSE works, you'd expect its output to be rather similar - it cobbles things together from a variety of source images, which is exactly what this sort of technique reveals well. Thing is, all those source images happen to ALSO be high-contrast edges in reality, so you'd also expect a vaguely similar pattern if it is legit, so I can't just tell by looking at it.
>>
>>43696661
>>43696767
Whenever you edit a .jpg file, you leave detectable patterns of artifacts. That picture amplifies the artifacts to show where the image has been edited.
>>
>>43696561
It's a pretend sixth color. A way to appease the people asking for a new color without actually creating one.

And that's good, if that is indeed what it is.
>>
>>43696564
probably yes

>>43696600
no, it doesn't break anything. They probably just didn't want to make a Basic Land without any symbol (Wastes, Basic Land, tap: add one colorless mana to your mana pool) and a Kozilek with the rules text "at least two of the mana have to be colorless"

>>43696686
yes, painlands tap for colorless mana. But since {1} is also the symbol for any colored mana, they needed another symbol.

>>43696746
they will either write {2} or diamonddiamond, probably the former since it needs less space
>>
>>43696745
>Or it could just be a one and done thing, only used for Oath and their Eldrazi.

I just can't imagine they go through with adding a sixth type of Basic Land for one small set, and nothing else. "Wastes" as a land type seems versatile enough that it could be included in future sets, otherwise I just don't see the point.
>>
>>43696814
It's not a basic land type in the Magic rules.
>>
>>43696010
>>mfw I can now copy my Siege Rhinos and update my list from 8 Trigrams 36 Rhinos to 8 Trigrams 40 Rhinos
>that dank reference

you clever weeaboo fuck I see what you did there.
>>
>>43695910
alright, what does this mean for standard and modern? I know the BFZ won't affect deck builds made in mind for the new set all that much, but how many waves is this going to set off? A small ripple or a healthy wave?
>>
>>43695109
That... makes sense. Like it kind of forces some fuckery in your mana base to cast such a powerful card, and it isn't really an extra color, it also interacts humorously with cost reducers, since they still HAVE to pay the two colorless even if it's reduced beyond the card's cost.

I guess it would work like snow lands and only have a few cards that bother and show up only when eldrazi are afoot in a set. and maybe this means a cool Mana dork that taps for <> with no restrictions like Boreal Druid for our shitty elf decks.
>>
>>43696814
It's something they COULD theoretically use in the future if it's not exclusive to/something that has to do with Eldrazi but I find that unlikely.
>>
>>43696801
Wow, I learned something today.
>>
Does anyone have a source on either >>43694896
or >>43695910
>>
>>43696851
>but how many waves is this going to set off? A small ripple or a healthy wave?

Literally impossible to tell when we've only seen three cards that may, or may not, be real. We'd have to say way more cards from the set and look over their power level to determine whether or not this would have any effect or relevance in Modern or Legacy.
>>
>>43696833
Are there any examples of lands with the Basic Land type that are not Basic Lands?

Because if not, they're amending the rules.
>>
File: 139.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
139.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>43696564
Assuming that this is real, then it will tap for a waste colorless.
Waste colorless is a colorless mana with the addition that it can be used to pay for things that needed a waste mana.
For instance, if that Koz is true then to cast it you need 10 colorless, 2 must be waste colorless.

For reference, look at things that need snow mana.
>>
>>43694896
>Kozilek
>one of the three titans
>no indestructible
Fake.
>>
>>43696879
Land - salvation
Kozilek and Wastes - https://twitter.com/Mtgfocus/status/666764141072257027
>>
>>43696890
Snow lands.
>>
>>43696890
No. The opposite is true: They're are adhering to the rules while giving colorless EDH players a basic land to put in there deck and not be completely fucked by nonbasic hate.
>>
File: 34700.jpg (12 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
34700.jpg
12 KB, 200x285
>>43696909
Oh man are you gonna be disappointed when you see Rise of Eldrazi.
>>
>>43696879
Not sure, but my LGS owner is almost positive that Kosilek is Aleksi. He's a big mtg art collector, so I trust his judgement on the art at least. Says Swanland is likely, too.
>>
>>43696860
I have a feeling that the symbol may not be specific to the Eldrazi, but instead the Eldrazi (being colorless) are related to the symbol somehow, especially Kosilek.
>>
>>43696890
shocks, slow lands. Please, we still have those in standard you know.
>>
>>43696915
"Basic Snow Land" isn't the same type as Basic Land.
>>
>>43696946
Those don't have the Basic type, or else you could run a deck with as many as you want. Learn to fucking read.
>>
>>43696946
they have basic land types, but not the Basic Land (super-)type, that anon probably forgot the "super"
>>
>>43696946
Neither of those have the Basic Land type, they do have Basic Land types, however.
>>
>>43696946
Except neither of those are actually Basic Lands, try again
>>
>>43696973
Yes, but it has the "basic" supertype.

Where in the rules does it mention the Basic supertype being restricted to Mountain, Forest, Plains, Island, and Swamp + snow-covered versions?
>>
>>43696909
Ulamog is the only Indestructible one.
Kozilek has no special feature.
Emrakul is the only Flying one.
>>
>>43696985
>not the Basic Land (super-)type, that anon probably forgot the "super"

It was an oversight but yes, that is what I meant.
>>
>>43696833
The wastes, if they're real, is a basic land.
>>
>>43696795
when did /tg/ become /csi/ ?
>>
>>43697052
A while ago, actually. This software has existed for a while.
>>
>>43697018
>Where in the rules does it mention the Basic supertype being restricted to Mountain, Forest, Plains, Island, and Swamp + snow-covered versions?

I'm not entirely sure, but so far the Basic Land supertype has only been used for Plains/Island/Mountain/Swamp/Forest before, therefore Wastes having it as well is a clear deviation from what Snow Lands are.
>>
>>43697047
Yes, but it doesn't have a basic land subtype.

Daily reminder that NWO wasn't a mistake and Wastes should've been printed as arare to not confuse newer players. :^)
>>
>>43697018
it's not mentioned in the rules but it has been a basic rule for R&D and the rules team for 22 years (amended only for Snow)
>>
>>43697076
>Yes, but it doesn't have a basic land subtype.

What is OP's image? Did you not look at the obvious Basic Land card on the right?
>>
>>43695257
>What design concept/idea are you afraid to try (or believe is too dangerous)?
>I'd say adding a sixth color. That idea is fraught with so many perils.

So this is a no?
>>
>>43695109
If this is true I imagine the new "color" is called void based off of the flavor text and concept of no color of mana.
>>
>>43697076
Is there any rules that said a basic land have to have subtype?
>>
>>43696403
Thats the version in modern masters, where said card hasn't been printed for a while. But it could be that the pyrexian mana rules text is just straight up pithier to explain compared to annhilator.

one line compared to 3-4.
>>
>>43697092
>(amended only for Snow)

In other words, Wastes may now be the 'second amendment'
>>
>>43696928
See >>43697072

Also, here's a hint: They can make almost anything work in the rules if they want. They just have to edit the rules to accommodate those new things. You know, like they do with most of the new sets and rules.
>>
>>43695910
http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/126480135723/since-you-were-in-charge-of-the-un-sets-and-each

>kandykidzero asked: Since you were in charge of the un-sets, and each card had a word on it that you could put together to come up with card titles, and being the king of subtle hints, have you already spoiled the names of cards from Battle for Zendikar in your social media answers one word at a time per answer?

>No comment.

>Mirror.

IS THIS IT
>>
>>43697096
>What is OP's image? Did you not look at the obvious Basic Land card on the right?
Basic is called a basic land super type
Plains Forest Mountain Swamp Island are basic land sub types
>>
>>43697072
>>43697092

That's true. It's never happened before. It's only at all believable because multiple sources have brought the mechanic up.

Someone ought to go that jpeg artefacting analyzation.

>>43697098
If we're interpreting it correctly, it's not a new color, just a new mana symbol. (Much like snow and phyrexian mana symbols).
>>
>>43694896
I'm less impressed by the possibility of this being real than the fact that a card exists which would hypothetically be good with One With Nothing
>>
>>43697101
It will be called >>43695392
Bismuth
>>
>>43697098
Adding sixth basic land type =! Adding sixth color.

It's a basic land that adds one colorless Wastes land to your mana pool. Spells with (^) in their casting cost probably require Wastes mana.
>>
>>43697096
Basic land SUBtypes are Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest.
Basic land SUPERtype is something only THE CARDS NAMED Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest had, and maybe now the card named Wastes will have.
Land terminology is difficult, I know.

>>43697119
The right to lay Wastes to defend yourself?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.