[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Blood Bowl/ General - Big Guy edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: Bloodbowl-2-icon.png (137 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbowl-2-icon.png
137 KB, 256x256
>>43637247 Previous thread

http://www.thenaf.net/
https://fumbbl.com/
http://bbtactics.com/

A more colourful version of the latest rules, the CRP (aka LRB6):
http://marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

/tg/ FUMBBL group:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view
Announcement and RULES:
http://pastebin.com/9St1yYU7

Cknoor's tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nr-Ky1PaFZys50S7zewio1O
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

Deadline for the /tg/ FUMBBL League I is in 24 hours or so, so get cracking!
>>
First for Elves aren't bullshit you just don't know how to overlap tacklezones
>>
File: teegee2.png (52 KB, 664x782) Image search: [Google]
teegee2.png
52 KB, 664x782
Updated list for /tg/ FUMBBL League I

Green = OK
Yellow = may change team before deadline but in contact
Black = not participating
White = GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND PM ME

Salaried Simyin guy, please just PM me.
>>
Elves roll a lot of ones
>>
>>43690785
I do know how to overlap tackle zones, elves still run through them because nuffle thinks it's funny
>>
Playing as humans I have 3 rerolls and an Apo. 1 Thrower with Accurate, 1 Ogre with Guard, 4 Blitzers, one has guard, and 5 linemen, one with +ag.

I like to chuck the ball, at what point should I pick up a catcher and at what point should I pick up my 13th player?

What should I give the +ag lineman on a level up and what should I give him if I roll dubs?

If I roll a 12 on my thrower, what do?
>>
Doubles on a Saurus, Dodge?
>>
I should say, if you're unfamiliar with the FUMBBL client, look at the Help page, you can launch it in Test mode.

Make sure you finish this test game though, or like me you'll have an unremovable game to continue in the client. It won't stop you playing real games but it is a little irritating.
>>
>>43692459
Dodge is solid on a Saurus; since you're likely to get Break Tackle later it synergizes really nicely and keeps your Saurus standing.
>>
File: teegee2.png (54 KB, 664x803) Image search: [Google]
teegee2.png
54 KB, 664x803
Coming together nicely. Still plenty of time to apply!
>>
>>43694134
Noob chaos from last thread here. Plan on making up a team here in an hour. Since Chaos is a bit weak in a short league I may end up going Norse or somethin.
>>
>>43694248
just play human and focus on tackle zones and placement and shit
>>
>>43694248
>I'm new to the game but the team I want to play is chaos
Every time.
>>
>>43694269
Or, you can play humans and focus on low percentage pass plays like a real man

>>43694305
My first team, gunna switch them to Nurgle when they come to BB2. I do play humans now too. I also tried dorfs and Wood elves, would have Lizards too, but I hate them too much from playing against them.
>>
>>43694305
People are allowed to like chaos

At least they're not "I'm new to the game, who is top tier?"

Then they bitch that they don't know how necro/wood elf/pro elf is top tier
>>
>>43694338
>My first team, gunna switch them to Nurgle when they come to BB2. I do play humans now too. I also tried dorfs and Wood elves, would have Lizards too, but I hate them too much from playing against them.

imo play a variety of teams, you'll learn their strengths and weaknesses from their perspective and it'll round you out better, you'll have a better idea for how to beat more things
>>
>>43694344
Sure they are but new people playing chaos is a pattern I see too often and I still can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>43694344
>necro
Since when is Necro top tier? Are we now in opposite land?
>>
>>43692443
I am a noob so don't consider my words too much

I am not sure a lineman with 4 ag could be specialized into anything in particular,you can either fire him if you don't want the plus tv,use him as a normal lineman which can sometimes be am emergency catcher/elf.but my favourite upgrade would be giving him block and then pro,making him more reliable as a dodger and as a catcher,you would still use catchers when possible,but it opens up some good actions.on dubs i would just give him guard because i love mobile guard pieces,dodge would be good too,otherwise maybe catch making him a full elf catcher or somthing jankier like jump up or leap.For the thrower,since you started with accurate i am guessing he will be your passer,so either strong arm or st,i would pick +st because i love pieces to be useful both on offense and defence,eventhough strong arm will help far more in attack.
As for the catchers i would buy 1 already.
>>
>>43694410
he probably means undead. Though necro are pretty good.
>>
Other than the obligatory Kick and Dirty player Rotters, how do you "build" rotters? I figure Guard on doubles, buy what is a good single roll first skill? Just spam block or wrestle?
>>
>>43694362
It is literally a team that is the best bashy team if you level them up.
>>
>>43694426
Just bought a catcher after my last game. My Thrower is getting SPP so fast. Mostly because he is a fucking maniac who injures dudes without block or mighty blow. I also run nearly every one of my offenses with him getting the ball and chucking it with him rarely caging
>>
>>43694362

Whilst they look appealing, mainly due to the Warrior's impressive statline, Chaos are one of those teams I wouldn't advise you to start with.

Since you will struggle with ball handling, and take ST4 blocking for granted, you will end up playing in a certain way, and don't learn the game in a more balanced way like you do with Humans.
>>
>>43694269
Probably will end up doing that.

>>43694344
>>43694362
I have played quite a bit in Cyanide. I'm just noob when it comes to the fumbbl community.

Making my team up now.
>>
>>43694861
Try handing off to blitzers,you need them level 2 asap
>>
>>43694995
I have 1 blitzer with guard and 1 with mighty blow. They are generally my first choices in targets.
>>
>>43695017
To add to that, one has 5 SPP, but miss next game. The 4th has 0Spp.

Basically as of right now

Linemen
7spp - +ag
5spp
5spp
2spp

catcher
0 spp

Ogre
9spp-guard

Thrower
14 spp -accurate

Blitzer
8 spp- guard
7 spp-mighty blow
5 spp-miss next game
0 spp
>>
File: teegee2.png (54 KB, 664x803) Image search: [Google]
teegee2.png
54 KB, 664x803
Right, last update for the evening. Looking good!

Sign-ups will close about 21:00 FUMBBL server time (20:00 GMT) tomorrow.
>>
>>43695103
Is there anyway on fumbbl to fix your team if you picked your starting lineup wrong? I should have gone 3 warriors and a beast instead of 4 warriors.
>>
>>43695171

Not after finishing initially hiring your team. Retire the team and make a basically identical one.
>>
>>43695252
Don't they hate that? I already did that with one team because I liked this name better.
>>
>>43695103

How soon after the deadline do you expect to have the first round matchups ready?
>>
>>43695320

Never seen it be a problem before.

Just name the new team "Old Team Name [L]" and player names can be identical to players on other teams.
>>
>>43695463

It will be instant, and you will have a week max to play it.
>>
>>43695252
Uh, is it cool if we do that if we're already in the league? Should we PM?
>>
>>43695495

Alright, I suppose it will depend on who my first opponent is but that night will be the easiest time for me to get a game in.
>>
>>43695502

Yeah, (leave) your old team, apply with your new team, and PM me.
>>
>>43692443
>I like to chuck the ball, at what point should I pick up a catcher and at what point should I pick up my 13th player?

Throwing should really be Plan B, and Catchers are better as runners than as catchers, a hand-off from a Thrower is much safer than a Pass.

Catchers are useful defensively too (because they're fast), there isn't really a bad time to pick one up unless it means giving a Wizard in inducements away to your opponent (not sure how much difference that makes under BB2's goofy as fuck new inducement rules though).

>What should I give the +ag lineman on a level up and what should I give him if I roll dubs?

Block or Wrestle, maybe Dodge on Doubles, or Guard. You essentially have a more expensive Dark Elf lineman right now.

Personally I'd have taken Block or Wrestle as the first skill anyway. +AG is great on Blizters, Catchers and Throwers, less so on Lineman and worthless on the Ogre.

>If I roll a 12 on my thrower, what do?

+ST. S4 ball carriers are always tasty. There's Strong Arm too, but I think you'll get more out of an S4 Thrower. Makes him more useful on defence and harder to get the ball off of on offence.
>>
>>43697073
i don't know what they told you about bb2, but its inducements are only different in the fact that if you spend gold from treasury to buy inducements it doesn't add to your tv.i don't know in what way that coul have to do with a catcher and a wizard being given to your opponent
>>
>>43697073
the bb2 inducements are by the book

The only thing they fuck up are journeymen
>>
>>43697298

It means an opponent might well buy a wizard anyway, regardless of your teams' TV difference. I know that I'd do that in any kind of important match.

And for fuck's sake capitlize properly you lazy cunt. Reading your posts is like listening to some slobbering fucker talking with a mouthful of cheetoh mush.

>>43697606

See >>43697298
>>
>>43697850
inducements never increased your TV, tv calculations are done post-game
>>
>>43698170
in the old rules i am pretty sure if you spent treasury gold in pregame the opponent would get as much gold as bonus inducements
>>
What's the most ridiculous thing to happen to you in a game? I had a ball bounce off of 7 guys straight into my trolls hands after it had already bounced out once.
>>
>>43700816
I once watched a vampire fly through five tackle zones, snatch up the ball and then... fail the next immediate go for it roll, breaking his fucking neck. Just shattering his neck.

I wept.
>>
File: Shoot me, 12$.jpg (173 KB, 899x730) Image search: [Google]
Shoot me, 12$.jpg
173 KB, 899x730
This game is fucking depressing
I finally get my first win after 14 losses and 2 draws, and it wreks my team to what seems like the junkyard

Should I keep them it wouldn't be half as bad if I DIDN'T LOSE A FUCKING BLITZER and I personally loved the names too.
>>
>>43701502

>Yamcha
>Dead
>Vegeta
>Dead

The way I see it, you brought it on yourself.
>>
>>43701524
Yamcha died on the first fucking turn
Hit by the ogre

Vegeta didn't ask for it, he didn't even die till the Cell Saga
>>
>>43701534

Uh, Vegeta is killed by Frieza on Namek.

I mean he gets wished back like 2 episodes later but, they fucking buried him, man.

Also yea I noticed Yamcha died on the first turn, that's fucking perfect. At least it was an Ogre and not a Goblin or something, that'd have been even more perfect.
>>
>>43701577
Well should I keep the team?
Its kinda a huge pick me up I finally won a game I really feel like they earned it
>>
>>43701601

First game for the team otherwise? Any level ups?

Two deaths on the first game is a pretty bad start, especially for any elf team. You'll be able to replace Yamcha (who I assume was a lineman) but it will be at least 2 games before you can hope to replace Vegeta.
>>
>>43701637
King Kai leveled up, but 7 armor seems fucking fragile
>>
>>43701650

If an important player is marked, try and make the time to dodge away. Protect them against two die blocks by keeping linemen near them. When you're on defense against bashier teams, use jockeying (keeping your players a space away from the advancing cage) to slow them down or force them to shift towards the sidelines.

AG4 means you can minimize the amount of contact you have to make with the opponent on their turn.

That said, while dodging away from tackle zones might seem really easy, it's still on your last order of business. Never jeopardize something important like a crucial block or blitz, or covering the ball, just to get a player free from a tackle zone first.
>>
File: doornailplayers.png (1 MB, 1900x588) Image search: [Google]
doornailplayers.png
1 MB, 1900x588
So I might be a little bit excited for the /tg/ league.

And I might have gone and made player portraits for my team, with player number variants for each one.
>>
>>43701823
Those look great
Would you be willing to do requests?
>>
>>43701846

I'm not sure if I'm up for it, but if I was they would definitely not be in color, if that's a problem.
>>
>>43701934
It's not
Just one image since I don't want to take this for granted

I'd like a High Elf coach, overweight, with a thick mustashe and looks very disapointed, team colours are deep blue and white
>>
>>43701934
oh and thank you if you are down, I don't mind it not being in colour, I could prolly ask a draw thread
>>
>>43701823
Sexy
>>
I'm at work but I'll sort out all the applications and confirmations when I get home.

>>43701823

Oh wow, those are amazing.
>>
>play a game against chaos
>get enough inducement to buy 2nd apo
>playing 1-0 early on, doing some mistakes with my tackle zones and let him go 1-1
>later he knocks me off every time, advances cage and goes 1-2
>already used my 2 apos to cure -AG and -MA
>15th turn
>lineman gets blitzed and dies
>16th turn
>Wardancer with +1 ST gets blitzed and dies

Yea, I'm totally fine with 2 kills in 2 blitzes in a row.
>>
>>43702828
uhm don't let him blitz your wardancer like never ever they only have 7 armor and this gets worse when your enemies have mighty blow.
>>
>>43702860
Yea, misplayed that by a lot. Guess I have to pay the price at all. Still feels bad to get 2 deaths in a row by blitz.
>>
Also, could anyone who has applied but not been accepted yet, also PM me to confirm they want to play?
>>
>>43703522
I just did.
>>
While discussion is slow, what should I get on my blitzers for my orc team. One is still lvl1 and the other are all 2 with MB, Tackle, and Jump Up. This is for bb2, I was thinking that the lvl1 blitzer take guard on singles to round out what I have diving the enemy team.
>>
>>43704263
You should probably get guard on the other blitzers earlier too. It's a must have for really bashy teams.
>>
>>43704263
guard is important, spam it as much as possible, you might want to have a sure hands so that you can fire your thrower if you have one,give piling on to the mb guy to get a full killer.
>>
>>43704263

I tend to make 3 of them Guard & Tackle, and the last one Tackle & MB. Dodge on doubles, and stat increases with +MA over +AV of course.
>>
>>43704752
Hey MbtT, how will the games work out for balancing timezones?
>>
>>43704752
Applied last night with my Human team. Hope it got through.
>>
I feel like I dont understand how to cage properly. They always get dudes right up next to/into my cage and I cant get enough players free to reform it somewhere else. Am I supposed to stay put and bash it out until my cage is free?
>>
>>43706712
Moving a cage is supposed to be challenging. Watch/play until you learn how to do it with different teams.
>>
>>43705152
He mentioned we have a week after we know to set up and play games. Shouldn't be hard with weekends and playing in the evening.
>>
File: teegee3.png (58 KB, 667x886) Image search: [Google]
teegee3.png
58 KB, 667x886
Right, I'm in from work. Teams have been approved and confirmed.

Green = Will be in /tg/ FUMBBL League I. Exciting!
Black = Already opted out
White = Need to PM me to confirm
Not on list = WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING

As they say on Scrapheap Challenge:
YOU HAVE TWO HOURS REMAINING TEAMS, TWO HOURS.
>>
>>43705152

With it being a completely random draw there's no protection, maybe we could look to regionalising it in the future. But yeah, as >>43706844 says, in my experience weekends are a good time to play across oceans.
>>
File: -10 hp.gif (3 MB, 420x236) Image search: [Google]
-10 hp.gif
3 MB, 420x236
>>43701577
>Yamcha hating trash
I bet you started on DBZ and never watched DB
>>
Also this is my first time with Necromantic. I figure throw the zombies on the line and let them take hits. But should I keep FG back or put them on the line? Wolves and wights hold back in the wings for ball carrying/ blitzing. Who should blitz wolves for claw/frenzy or wights with block.
>>
>>43706916

>Who should blitz wolves for claw/frenzy or wights with block.

Depends if you want to do something smart like putting pressure on the ball carrier (Wight) or want to just fuck someone's shit up (Wolf). Beware Frenzy on ST 3 though.
>>
With Chaos, how bad of an idea would it be to make a chaos warrior a ballfondler when recieving?
>>
>>43707043

I certainly wouldn't advise it. You want your CWs doing what they do best: fucking shit up.

It's too much of a risk trying to fuck shit up whilst holding the ball.
>>
>>43706859
Do I need to do anything except apply a team and send a PM?
>>
>>43707087

Nope, that's about it. As long as the team is fresh, and you plan on completing the league. Check the pastebin in the OP.
>>
I wanna start a vampire team
Going with the super cautious rosters: 2 Vamps, 9 Thralls, 5 rr and Apoth

How do I get good? What are good Defence formations and stratagies? How do I get gud?
When should I use Hypnotic Gaze?
>>
>>43707606
>Going with the super cautious rosters: 2 Vamps, 9 Thralls, 5 rr and Apoth

If you do that buy 7 Fan Factors. This will help you get +1 Fame which increases the likely hood of getting lucky on some kick off event and will give you more money for your next vampires.
>When should I use Hypnotic Gaze?
Whenever it is good also remember that when the Player that is Hypnotic Gazed is not activated during opponents turn he keeps his Hypnotic Gazed status. So Players that are likely to be used last during Opponents turn are the best option. (for instance Big Guys)
>>
>>43706950
Thanks for the info. Any tips on FG? Up front with zombies or held back?
>>
>>43707755
>If you do that buy 7 Fan Factors.
You must have miscounted, 2vam 10thrall 5rr and Apoth adds to 980 on fumbol
>>
>>43707799
Lucky me he only bought 9 thralls.
>>
>>43706916
>But should I keep FG back or put them on the line?
Depends do you think you can win the Line of scrimmage war? then yes if not then no.
> Who should blitz wolves for claw/frenzy or wights with block.
Blitz with the wolf if you can surf people. With the wight if not or if it is too risky because of frenzy. (Sidestep) Your wolves will get spp anyway since their movement allows them to always do a td after a mistake of the opponent.
>>
>>43706859

We've got an uneven number of teams so far - how's that going to be handled?
>>
>>43707870
like any swiss tournament handle that a freewin + 2 mvp + double the amount of income
>>
>>43707901
What
>>
File: TGleague logo.png (21 KB, 542x106) Image search: [Google]
TGleague logo.png
21 KB, 542x106
>>43707870

That's a good question, one I've considered if no one else signs up before I close admissions in an hour or so.

If we do have an odd number, I will create and manage the most average Human team of all time as a filler.
>>
>>43707935

I'll make it on another account too, so if I'm unlucky enough to draw them with my real team, another coach can use them averagely.
>>
>>43707929
Compared to a knockout tournament, a Swiss system has the advantage of not eliminating anyone: so a player who enters the tournament knows that he can play in all the rounds, regardless of how well he does. The only exception is that one player is left over when there is an odd number of players. The player left over receives a bye: he/she does not play that round but is usually awarded the same number of points as for winning a game (e.g. 1 point for a chess tournament). The player is reintroduced in the next round and will not receive another bye.

I would strongly advice that the player gets a bye as if the opposing player has conceded the game.

Only player that are constantly losing would receive that bye which will help them overcome some of the reasons why they are constantly losing (unlucky player deaths for insance)
>>
>>43706859

We've ended up with a pretty nice distribution between Bash, Agility, and outlier teams.
>>
>>43708025

Aye, it works well in the real world, I'm just not 100% on how FUMBBL handles it.
>>
>>43708064
we could create a dummy team that plays against someone and instantly concedes. This is much better than one coach playing two teams
>>
>>43708107
This would be the best option as they would always be paired with the lowest team.
>>
Indeed, better idea to be fair. Stops any chance of me gaining an advantage somehow too.

Apologies to whoever is hype for a game and won't have one this week! I guess you get a free win to make up for it.

I reckon someone will confirm with me by then though, right guise?
>>
>>43708146

You know the dummy team has to be Halflings right?

It's just a bunch of McMurty's employees, all the players run onto the field throwing sandwiches into the crowd while the opposing team scores touchdown after touchdown.
>>
>>43708211

Funnily enough I was going to call them The Fillers and have all the players be sandwich fillings.
>>
File: one-ear.png (150 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
one-ear.png
150 KB, 300x300
GUYS SOON BLOOD BOWL STARTS
BLOOOOOOD BOWL
>>
File: why.gif (980 KB, 375x208) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
980 KB, 375x208
>>43701502
>>43701524
>>43701534
>>43701577
Yeah... that was my open league human team I started to try to practice Human before the league started up. I tried to get away from the bashing man! They told me to not play Chaos! IT FOLLOWED ME!!!
>>
>>43708238
>>43708292
Just to let you guys know, FUMBBL also has an IRC - irc.fumbbl.com
I figure we can all hop into the #tg channel if you'd like to chat real-time.
>>
>play a game with my tv 1400 team
>after the match it's 1030
At least I won r-right? Th-that's what counts, take that bashy teams!
>>
>>43708771

>Th-that's what counts, take that bashy teams!

Depends on the format.
>>
>>43708785
Of course it's an open league.
The enemy got more SPP than me.
>>
>>43707869
Alright good info. So 1v1 me it's wights. If I can tag team or surf use wolves. Just need to work with fleshies. Most/all zombies should probably on the line right?
>>
>>43708818
>Most/all zombies should probably on the line right?
On defense yes. Also it is good to isolate enemy players with guard with a zombie if he has to stand next to the zombie his guard skill will not protect his players.
>>
I should probably keep a lvl3 human blitzer with MB and guard if he got -agility, right? What about a thrower with +agi, block that got -AV?
>>
>>43708867
>lvl3 human blitzer with MB and guard if he got -agility
depends on your current team if you have better players sack him.
>What about a thrower with +agi, block that got -AV?
usually your thrower sits in a cage and will not be hit at all except when something very wrong happens. So -AV is not a big deal.
>>
>>43709065
You almost hit me with that reply.
I do have another same lvl 3 blitzer and 2 at lvl2. Leveling them was kind of a pain though so I might keep him for now.
>>
Is TV really as big of an issue as some people make it out to be? Some people seem to think you should fire every lineman that ever levels up.
>>
>>43709138
If you want to be scum that only cares about minmaxing and making your opponent have as little fun as possible of course you're going to limit your levels to key players only.
>>
>>43709156
Right, so keeping your TV low is something you do to get yourself matched with weaker teams/players so you can score easier wins?
>>
>>43709186
Mostly that, you give them less inducements too.
>>
>>43709138
>Is TV really as big of an issue as some people make it out to be?
yes
>Some people seem to think you should fire every lineman that ever levels up.
No but you should fire players that don't contribute to you winning matches. Look at how you play and then think if that Wrestle Strip Ball tackle lineorc is really necessary. He might have been really good once but as your other players developed he became unnessary.
>>
>>43709138
Eh, the only reason TV min-maxing happens is that some places match teams based on TV (like FUMBBL). Generally, inducements can never really make up for skilled players in a league or tournament format - look at how much it costs to hire a mercenary (with or without skills), or a star player, for example.
>>
>>43709186
It depends on matchmaking,BB2 doesn't match you with similar TV,minmaxing just makes you more efficent.Anyway it's just a choice between just developping and optimizing
>>
>Woah, seems like one of your players got yourself injured! What do we have here... Oh, a smashed collar bone, that's serious. If he's not treated right away his career is over. Let me see what I can do. How about he FUCKING DIES instead hmm? Which result shall you choose?
>>
File: TGleague logozxcz.png (19 KB, 542x109) Image search: [Google]
TGleague logozxcz.png
19 KB, 542x109
/tg/ FUMBBL League I is live!

GET HYPE!

Instant apologies to Rolling the Rat Risk, you got the short straw/free win!
>>
>>43709490
Eh, at least if he's dead I don't have to go through the trouble of firing him.

>>43709209
>>43709221
>>43709226
>>43709411
I'm getting mixed signals here.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEE.jpg (63 KB, 968x376) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEE.jpg
63 KB, 968x376
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I FUCKING KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Correction Rolling the Rat Risks, you have a game!
>>
>>43709658
REMAKE EVERYTHING
>>
File: Round 1.jpg (50 KB, 944x317) Image search: [Google]
Round 1.jpg
50 KB, 944x317
Fixtures here.

>>43709682

It's okay, it's a straight swap for the Various Fillings.
>>
>>43709658
ahaha, i didn't know about the PM thing.
>>
>>43709820

There will be no mercy if we meet on the field. You're dead, kiddo.

I was hanging around for the obligatory late applicant so we had an even amount of teams anyway.
>>
>>43709926
Pretty sure my slann setup is suboptimal anyways, and I've never played em before. Here's hoping my krox doesn't die again.
>>
Happening

Holy fuck HAPPENING
>>
>>43709722
This the final line-up or is it still open for new teams?
>>
So how many matches is this planned to be? It would be nice if you could develop your team quite a bit but I hope we won't be doing it for half a year with a game a week.
>>
>>43710491

First time through we are doing 6 rounds, one round a week.

Depending on how quickly people are able to finish the round the match frequency may be bumped up.
>>
>first match is against wood elves
>one wardancer
>2 each of throwers and catchers
Fug not a good time for my underworld team. But I do have 4 RRs.
>>
>>43710705
I hope you lose so I don't have to face them~!
>>
>>43710705
>>43710743
I have the other wood elves. Here's me hoping to break enough of them and blitz them down to scrape out a tie.
>>
Just a reminder that you can spectate games on FUMBBL - click on the underlined "X Spectators" below the listed game on the Games tab. Also feel free to swing by the #tg channel on irc.fumbbl.com if you want to chat or debrief after.
>>
I get to fight the team with the sweet art. His mummies are stronger than mine, his blitzers more agile, and his ball carriers... exist. This will be a challenge.
>>
>>43708935
I'd want to fire the blitzer because you do want your guard guys to be able to get around. The thrower I would just deal with if he has +ag
>>
Well my match against the Chaos dorfs was a fucking disaster

Lost 3-0 my blitzer is down an MA and my lineman is down a str. Ironically got enough to get an apoth

Should I keep going to pull out? and Why is it always the blitzers who get killed?
>>
>>43711170
Was watching the game - think you seriously underestimated those Bull Centaurs. There were a few drives where you really needed to pass out after the opponent commited his bulls, and some of the dodge routes and reroll expenditures were a little questionable. Still though you had awful luck.

I'd sack the -ST line elf - you'll get a free journeyman for the next game. -MA on the blitzer is fine - you'll eventually want to replace him when you have the cash, but he can still do his job fine.

High Elves are a tough team for a new player in a league due to the high cost of your players - attrition hurts them considerably compared to say Pro Elves. Unlike Dark Elves, you lack Blitzer redudancy - when your elves are knocked off the pitch (and they will be - it's "when", not "if) you don't have as many Blitzers in reserve.
>>
>>43711233
>Was watching the game - think you seriously underestimated those Bull Centaurs. There were a few drives where you really needed to pass out after the opponent commited his bulls, and some of the dodge routes and reroll expenditures were a little questionable

Ok thats constructive.
I guess I do need to learn better judgment on rerolls and to be honest I only played CD once before and god rekt. Do you think the team can recover?
>>
>>43711170
>>43711233
Couple of other things - you may want to consider leaving surrounded elves down on the pitch, or at least trying crazy dodges out if you don't need their prone bodies blocking off spaces. An elf that stands up in a crowd will just get bashed down again. While a lying down elf can be fouled this takes extra people away and risks a turnover.
>>
>>43711299
You're definitely more than fine - the key thing is that none of the catchers or blitzers died. You'll have to be a little more careful with positioning that wounded Blitzer but -MA is far better than -AV, -ST, or Niggle.

Even then Elf teams can even function with all linemen. AG4 and the ability to pull off risky plays that would be certain failure for any other team is your real weapon; the skills are just extra.
>>
>>43711170

I just did a real fast run through the replay, to be fair I think you were quite unlucky at times whilst your opponent kept making 1dbs.

Generally though, I would focus on making sure the ball is properly secure before bombing your Catchers forward, they have the speed to outmanoeuvre most of his team anyway, especially if you can tie up his Centaurs and get in a cheeky foul on them.
>>
>>43711681
I'll take heart!

At least I didn't loose any catchers, those guys are my favorites.
>>
>>43709658

Damn straight, I'm cool.
>>
Really looking forward to how this turns out. I'm the only Khemri team that didn't take all four tomb guardians at the start, but that's because I like making bad decisions. Also because its the same set up I had for my first ever Khemri team and if one bad thing worked out okay, I'm sure it'll be fine again. Go Desert Wraiths.
>>
>>43711947
litterally no reason to pick the blitzer instead of the guardian, they are just too fun and good and 5 strength come on
>>
>>43712101
Straight up? I like to have the fourth guardian as a goal to work towards. The way I see it I'll either be crippled at or near the starting line, making it meaningless, or go right towards the stars. I have to earn my fourth mummy. Besides having a little extra block and movement is nice.
>>
File: 1435514832856.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1435514832856.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
>>43711947
I'm gambling big with the treeman and only 1 RR, it'll be fun nonetheless, best of luck to you senpai on our match
>>
>>43712245
i love your starting roster.but we both know that tree will take root first turn.Still a great team, would play
>>
Should we have a >started with Chaos anonymous

I started with Chaos here. My record is 34 wins, 10 ties and 60 losses. I picked Chaos because I heard they become the best bashy team. I took strength 4 for granted. Now I play Humans and Chaos and I actually like humans. When I started I thought humans sucked and were hard to play. Now I like chucking the ball all over the field for the keks and my two teams both have winning records. After it took me like 10 games to score a touchdown with that original Chaos team.

Gunna keep my human team, but dump the Chaos for Nurgle whenever Nurgle comes to BB2
>>
>>43711681
As his opponent I will say most of those 1 dbs were me just wanting to get more injuries.
>>43711776
Good game man, hope you can recover. Those kick off events really were against you from the start.
>>
First for Lizards aren't bullshit

I just started playing them, how am I supposed to score TDs with these agi 1 chaos warriors, why are my beastmen str2 and don't have horns

What the fuck is this bullshit and how did I wreck this tv1000 human team 3-0
>>
>>43713833
I assume you are fun posting.
Your Chaos Warriors are mv6 and agi 2
Your Minotaur is agi1 but less stupid and re-tail mutation
Your beastmen are as fast as the fastest elves
>>
>>43713833
>have 6 st 4 peaces
>have fucking stunty elves
>have one of the best big guys (only bonehead and doesn't even need to be activated to be useful because of his tail)

The only big guy better than a Krox is a Beast of Nurgle
>>
>not playing a 6 vampire 0 reroll team

It's like you cowards don't even smoke crack
>>
Should I give my goblin pogoer wrestle for playing defense? He's pretty good at scoring anyway with sidestep as well as leap letting him dance to the end zone
>>
>>43714274
On a double i would rather get block since you don't have any or guard.but wrestle is viable as fuck
>>
>>43713901
No I was comparing how lizards are like the chaos team on cocaine

>>43713944
I like mino over krox, frenzy too good for surfing people
>>
>>43715081
I usually don't bother with the Mino with Chaos. Wastes my Blitzes on one guy and costs too much TV
>>
>>43715128
The combo of Tentacle and Tail plus Guard/Block makes for a pretty good center piece that can't be dodged away from very easily and is difficult to bring down without ever having to have him do anything.
>>
>>43715210
Yea, but you have to rank them up to get there and big guys are a bit hard to rank. Sure if I am playing in a league and don't have to worry about TV bloat (though why am I playing chaos in a league) I'll grab one and put juggernaut and tentacles on him but the fact I need to blitz him makes him less worth while to me. Like he is just a worse beast of nurgle. If I am playing in an open league that match makes based off TV often I'll skip him.

Some guy did a study of all the top fumbbl rosters. 2/3rds of the best chaos coaches don' take a mino

>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=528995794
>>
>>43715274
Also, why do so many Dorf teams only have 1 runner or 1 troll slayer?
>>
>https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8853834

>yfw playing a 6-5 blodger
>>
>>43715274
>>43715128
Mino's not optimal but he's still fun

I slapped guard on him in my current league, my friends asked me why I never played chaos around them. My one friend said I couldn't play if I didn't play chaos.

I killed both his witch elves last time I played him.
>>
>>43715670
>I killed both his witch elves last time I played him.
You monster, why would you kill the best waifus in the warhammer world?
>>
>>43715855
because they're av 7 and I'm basically edward scissor hands :(

EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES
>>
Frogurt strongest frog man.
>>
Used an Apo on a miss-next game, immediately got a -ST thrower next turn. Then the thrower got MVP. Not a great start for the rats, but to be expected! The horned rat will save us in the end, or something!
>>
>>43716237
Pretty sure /r9k/ would disagree

>>43716274
Only appo on stat loss or death senpai. Losing a game mean in two games your star will be a-ok
>>
>>43716315
True true, was my folly. The rats will rise again!... next round in the tourney, hopefully, without a thrower.
>>
Stat loss is death

Also don't apo 0spp linemen dying, they're fucking worthless pigs and deserve to die
>>
>>43711947
>I like making bad decisions.

I'm pretty sure the bad decision here is choosing to play Khemri in the first place.

Some of the rosters in the group are definitely pretty wild though. The Niflheim Ravagers bought no rerolls at all, although they're not participating in the tourney.
>>
>>43707755
>buying Fan Factor

Seriously recommending Fan Factor? Fan Advantage Modifier is far too small to be relevant. Even if you do win the diceoff, this only adds +10k to winnings. Save the cash instead if you intend to buy vamps, or get an extra thrall (you'll need him!).
>>
>>43720289
It also gives you Free Rerolls (AND DENIES THEM TO YOUR OPPONENT) on Kick off events and helps you in the long run (throw the rock pitch invasion) Since you get a 4th vampire much much earlier. While getting enough thralls to sustain your vampire count. I am talking Perpetual league here not Open League.
>>
>>43720289
I sorta miss the days where everyone started 900k less to cover 9 FF.
>>
>>43720405
+1 Fame gives you a 1 in 6 chance to win an event you would have lost. But only half of the events care about fame.

So you pay 50k for taking away a RR every 12th kickoff.
>>
>>43720657
>12th kickoff.
you seem to underestimate how often you roll cheering fans and brilliant coaching.
There are 13 outcomes on a kick off table where fame is relevant out of 36 possible.
So every 3rd Kick off has a fame related Kick off event. Most teams try to win 2-1 so you will have at least 3 kick offs per match so 70 000 gold for denying your opponent a reroll and getting a reroll sounds incredible cheap. And if you have 7 Fan Factor and your opponent has 0 chances are you will get +2 Fame quite often.
>>
>>43720795
That's 70k gold for denying your opponent a reroll and getting a reroll every sixth game.
>>
>>43720795
I guessed that half if the games are fame related. The 12 came from the chance for the +1 mattering, about a sixth of the time.
I know it's not absolutely accurate but if it's a third of the kickoff instead of half it's even worse.
>>
>>43720405
You are still paying a boatload of cash for something that goes up or down naturally by itself over the course of a league.

It's also quite likely to lose Fan Factor if you start high, since you roll 2d6/3d6 depending on loss/win and compare vs. your existing fan factor - that's 10k flushed down the toilet. Even if you get FAME that's still only +2 to the roll, and the opponent can potentially just outroll you.

Most teams can buy a reroll with 70k or one or two players; the opportunity cost for 7 FF is very steep.
>>
>>43720849
again with 7 fanfactor you will mostly get +2 Fame

2d + Fanfactor since 7 is the most common dice roll you will get 14 and your opponent 7 which give you +2 fame that's a free thrall after 4 games
>>
>>43720871
>something that goes up or down naturally by itself over the course of a league.
yes but you have the advantage if no one else buys fanfactor.

>It's also quite likely to lose Fan Factor if you start high, since you roll 2d6/3d6 depending on loss/win
You lose Fan factor only if you lose the game but you bought it to have an advantage and win the game. You do not play the game to lose.
>>
>>43720871
>Even if you get FAME that's still only +2 to the roll, and the opponent can potentially just outroll you.
do you know how cheering fans and brilliant coaching are rolled?
3d+Fame+ Cheerleader/Coach Assistant.
So if the opponent has zero fame and you have 2 fame you cannot get out rolled.
>>
>literally buying your fans
Capitalist pigs you're supposed to win their heart with your game you worked hard for
>>
So what is the goal with Slann? I get that they all have leap, but I'm not sure what their end game is.
>>
>>43722139
You fall flat on the face and break a very long leg
>>
>>43716274
why did you choose -st instead of miss next game though?
>>
>>43722139
doing average things wherever they want?
>>
>>43722139
fight at the sidelines and they will surf anyone they can
>>
>>43722139
To be the goofy leap race.
No, seriously.

That's why GW wanted to phase them out of everything, Slann in general only existed to be goofy as fuck, which didn't fit with the more serious image the company was pushing for at the time.
>>
>>43723232
But bloodbowl was always meant to be goofy!
Hell unlike 40k, WHFB was actually a good setting with humor side by side with grit and horror
>>
>>43722677
No, he apo'd a miss next game injury, and then NEXT TURN his thrower got a -st injury
>>
>>43722139
Basically they're crummy elves. who are mobile in a slightly different and worse way.
>>
Match coming up for my goblins at 2pm EST in the /tg/ league, feel free to come spectate.

How exactly do you start the match once it's time? This will be my first game on FUMBBL.
>>
>>43724823
You don't win with gobbos, you crush the other teams dreams with gobbos.

Even Big guys feel uncomfortable next to a fanatic
>>
>>43724796
on the plus side its just a thrower so. it doesn't necessarily need str to do its job.

It could have happened to one of his stormvermin.
>>
>still no pm back from my opponent.
I'm itchin for a match but I guess he works during the weekdays like me.
>>
>>43724823
Once you click play for the match it downloads a little jnlp which you launch with Java. after that it brings up the client which hopefully will work for you and then its bloodbowl.
>>
>>43724845
I will swarm a fanatic as early as possible and crush it, no matter the cost. Chainsaw and bomb are next. Then we can talk about scoring.
>>
>>43725344
>thinks he can just swarm a fanatic
>fails to actually off it
>it goes to town on all of the 8 targets around it
>>
>>43725392
>Fanatic goes the wrong way and kills its own troll
>>
>>43725414
Frankly that troll wasn't going to do anything useful anyways
>>
>>43722677

He's saying he used an Apo to turn an MNG into probably a Badly Hurt, then someone else was injured right after with the -1 Str.
>>
Just a reminder that we've got a #tg channel on irc.fumbbl.com, for anyone looking to chat.
>>
The Simian vs. Goblins game was really great, a lot of fun to watch. Later today there should be a Khemri vs Woodelves game in the form of the Desert Wraiths vs. Buddhist Elves, so I'm really excited to see how that plays out.
>>
>>43727321
Also maginots khemri vs my condiments to the chef humans in under an hour if everything runs smoothly
>>
File: 1432414650098.jpg (22 KB, 373x434) Image search: [Google]
1432414650098.jpg
22 KB, 373x434
>tfw you forget about the scheduled match

if youre here im sorry mayne
>>
>>43728091
It's like you don't even care anymore ;_;
>>
File: 1433514163963.png (171 KB, 468x757) Image search: [Google]
1433514163963.png
171 KB, 468x757
https://fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=787756

Desert Wraiths vs Buddhist Elves, khemri vs Welves, hop in!
>>
>>43728430
Humans vs. Khemri also starting - Condiments vs. Maginots.
>>
Now if only I knew how do you exactly set up games
>>
>>43728587
Sent you a PM if that's you, Tooby.
>>
Third game starting - Naggarond Knife Ears (DE) vs. One Night Rack (Necro)
>>
You monsters playing 3 games at the same time.
>>
>>43728430
YOU HAD THE CHANCE TO TOMB GUARDIAN TOUCH DOWN AND THREW IT AWAY.
>>
>>43729243
Wrong Khemri
>>
>>43729292
No, the Desert Wraiths could have had a Tomb Guardian TD if they went around the Elf screen instead of through it.
>>
>>43729308
Whoops, you're right. Thought you were replying to someone else.
>>
Antg here,good game,i am sorry just for losing without gaining a single spp(fortunately mvp went on a guardian at least).nothing personal,but would have loved one injury or two,also a guardian and a skeleton will miss next game so i am kind of fucked.if anybody has comments i would love to hear them
>>
Alas Desert Wraiths. You missed a Thro-Ra handoff to the Blitz-ra on the last turn for the TD.
>>
>>43729731
I hope I get to play you next round.
>>
>>43729731
Im sorry for your loss and how rough next round will be for you.
>>
File: 1431012195835.png (228 KB, 320x360) Image search: [Google]
1431012195835.png
228 KB, 320x360
great game krakenoid, that was both tense and hilarious, good luck in the league with your elf skellies!
>>
>>43729891
>>43729243
I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes besides taking constant, kamikaze risks that should not have paid off. Honestly? I couldn't see how to move around the elf barricade, so I wanted to try and smash through it, hoping to get some extra SPP in the process. The fact that I didn't see a possible pass play is unforgivable though.

A lot of things happened in that game that strictly shouldn't have. I obviously have a lot of learning to do. Go Desert Wraiths. Man I have to get used to the limited move speed of all my guys.
>>
File: skele bard.jpg (133 KB, 467x533) Image search: [Google]
skele bard.jpg
133 KB, 467x533
>>43729962
It was great man. I think it was a real learning experience for everyone involved. I am also certain I made at least one person spectating furious.
>>
>>43730028
>>43730049
That game was still magical though, and if all your games are like it you will be the real winner of this league.
>>
>>43730060
Next tournie I'll try an Ogre team. or try to recreate my best chaos team, the Slannesh Butt-Touchers. Have to change a lot of the names for Fumbbl though.
>>
>>43730049

TOMB GUARDIAN

TOUCHDOWN

YA BLEW IT
>>
>>43730310
I don't think you fully respect how slow tomb guardian are and how quick wood elves are. but I will try harder in the future.
>>
>>43730392
We were watching, we booed and cheered for you.
BUT THEN YA BLEW IT.
>>
>>43730413
I don't know what else to tell you. I will try to be better. I'm not very clever. Game is hard. glad you had fun watching though, that's what's important. I would like to know exactly how I could have gotten past his entire team, I'm pretty sure he would have just rebuilt the barricade no matter where I went. I could have tried to go to the very border of the playing field, i thought about that. but I don't want to give him a chance to surf my mummies. I probably should have done that but we all must live with our mistakes.

can't wait to see what team I have to face next.
>>
>>43729731
I'm sorry for bustin' yo dudes.
>>
>>43730469
I am sorry i didn't bust yours>>43730469
>>
>>43730468
Just yanking your chain man. The fact you tied against Wood Elves as Khemri is actually pretty impressive.
>>
>>43730510
I just actually want to know what I could have done better. I had no business holding my own as well I did against the Buddhist Elves. Now I'll just worry about the undead and their armor-bursting werewolves.
>>
>>43730554
Going around would have been a better bet, with his tree rooted he would have too much trouble to to get through a cage and knock down a ST5 ball carrier. The main take away from the game would probably be making sure to look at your options and see scoring possibilities before acting.
>>
>>43730554

Pressing downfield and attempt to tie up as many elves as possible. Should probably have used your cage to try to tie down elves, leave one or two players next to the guardian to act as assist.

Caging is good to protect the ball carrier, but it takes a lot of players to do it, players that the opponent can use to zone your cage, which he did very effectively. I mean its elves so thats par on course, but try to get between them and the areas they zone, or force them to roll dodges.
>>
If anyone's having any issues with Java not allowing the Fantasy Football client, make sure to add an exception in your "Configure Java" menu for fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp
>>
Well

I conceded for the first time ever.

Conceded and dropped out of the league.

First block, double skulls, rerolls to double skulls, their first block they killed my witch elf, my next two turns I proceed to throw nothing but skulls and double downs
>>
Big and Little (Lizardmen) vs. Bretonnian Werewolf in Tilea (Necro) on right now. Feel free to join as spectator, or come hang out in the IRC chat on irc.fumbbl.com (channel is #tg). If you don't have an IRC client, you can join via an online client like mibbit.com
>>
>>43731030
that's real rough, I'm sorry you felt you had to do that. Bloodbowl knows no mercy. sometimes it just fucks you. Good luck in your next bloodbowl endeavors.
>>
>>43731070
Remember that you'll have to join the tg channel - type /join #tg once you've connected.
>>
>>43732498
more like three skull block, thread down
>>
I've seen a bunch of 40k kit converted deldar teams, what do you guys think I should do for dark elves?
>>
I have a human team with 2 rookie blitzers, a blazer with guard, and a blitzer with mighty blow. Should I give my next blitzer to rank up strip ball? Should I give a random lineman strip ball? Should I make my rookie catcher, wrestle strip ball/strip ball wrestle? I like to throw the ball a lot, but generally after I pass I go for the td the same play
>>
>>43733577
What kind of league are you playing in? Perpetual?

Strip ball is mostly useless against teams that utilize Sure Hands; and a lot of the time you will want a ball stripper to have Wrestle (since it counters block).
>>
What's the most kek worthy chaos team I can build? I'm going to build my warriors straight up, 2-3 with block, guard, tackle diving tackle on dubs. 1 with block, mighty blow, claw, piling on. Potentially one with block +st, tentacles, stand firm if nuffle gives me the dice. And one killer beast with mb, claw, piling on, block, tackle. So 2 things, jump up or dodge for the killers on dubs? Also what else can I make beast men into for keks? I was thinking an extra arm, 2 head, big hand beast man and a juggernaught, frenzy beast man
>>
>>43733596
Yea in the Naf league
>>
>>43733678
It's probably more TV efficient to build a Wrestle/Tackle/Strip Ball Lineman if going that route. Get Tackle instead on the Blitzer if you want someone who can down ball carriers reliably.

The problem is that Strip Ball shines in 1d or -2d block scenarios, but humans generally don't have the movement or agility to make a bunch of dodges and blaze it for a heroic/stupid 1 die or even 2die against blocks like Wood Elf or Pro Elf teams.

Elf teams have the agility and the expendability to make reckless plays like that, whereas Human teams generally need to play a little smarter and more patient. Springing the ball loose without a knockdown helps you very little if you don't have the agility to recover it.
>>
>>43731030
Caledor Leatherheads player here
I am so sorry man, I know what its like to have the game absoutely shit on you, especially DE

I hope you get a win soon man
>>
>>43733906
>Elf teams have the expendability
you might have misworded that
>>
>>43734393

I think he's referring to the fact that having a player that can manage to dodge into a cage for a -2 die block is not exactly a rare thing for any Elf team, because they all have AG4.

If one gets stunned or KO'd on the attempt, you have any number of players to try it with again.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.