[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Corbis-0000336745-002[1].jpg (71 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Corbis-0000336745-002[1].jpg
71 KB, 640x427
Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
Issue tracker:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues

Last Thread: >>43650874

Enlarge your lifestyle for FREE!! >click here<
>>
>>43686276
>Enlarge your lifestyle for FREE!! >click here<

Nice try, Deus...
>>
File: dewrizon.png (276 KB, 1276x900) Image search: [Google]
dewrizon.png
276 KB, 1276x900
>>
/srg/, tell me about your favorite contacts. What are they like?
>>
>>43687065
Eight Fingered Jiang. Professional triad fuck up. Lost his rank, two fingers, and got sent to America because he bedded his boss's daughter. Isn't too upset with this arrangement, all things considered, because he has much more free time than he did before, provided he delivers the guns and ammo on time
>>
File: 1442021316672.jpg (45 KB, 1113x300) Image search: [Google]
1442021316672.jpg
45 KB, 1113x300
What's the best shotgun, srg? Building a rigger/sammy, and I want something with a good kick.
>>
>>43687290
AA-16
>>
File: 1442097173898.jpg (141 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
1442097173898.jpg
141 KB, 1280x688
>>43687305
>18F
Well, I guess I'll need restricted gear for that. I'll have to switch to Desert Strike for my sniper.
>>
>>43687379
I think the AM-CMDT is 12F and it's quite solid.
>>
>>43687379
>Wasting 10 karma on a weapon.

Get it during gameplay, dammit. 18F is a waltz in the park for even a semi-decent Face/Something Else.
>>
Speaking of finding gear, getting things like cyberware with availability above 30 is not easy at all, is it? You need as many hits as you are likely to have dice if you focus on nothing but social interaction, and finding stuff is not even an extended test.
>>
>>43687631
>availability above 30

Care to, uh... Give an example?
>>
>>43687685
A deltaware cyberskull for an ork who really likes chrome.
>>
>>43687702
Deltaware Cyberskull is availability 24, well within reach of a "standard" elven face (8 Cha, 6 Negotiation, rank 2 Pheromones (and specialization if available)) with an Edge reroll.

You don't even need to start throwing extra nuyen at the problem.
>>
File: fuckit.gif (500 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.gif
500 KB, 500x281
>TFW Lofwyr stopped global wyrming and doomed billions more to die of disease
>>
>>43687842
It's 24 with the default configuration. Customizing it adds 8 more points, and then there's toys from Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>43687861
In that case you start throwing extra nuyen at the problem. It'll cost you, but you can give up to 12 extra dice to your Face if you're willing to put the nuyen down.
>>
>>43687881
That's still only 4 extra hits, or 7 on an edge roll.

I know that my example is the definite end game gear, but it's still a tad steep.
>>
>>43686276
Is that Eric Schmidt from Google?
>>
File: Dollface.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dollface.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I know all the fluff is missing, I plan on writing it tonight. But I think I've got all the crunch side down. Can anyone look over this and tell me if I've missed anything important? Or general recommendations?
>>
>>43688016
No, it's a French guy who designed one of the dumbest looking weapon systems ever: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAPOP

all you had to do was reverse image search, anon
>>
>>43688098
>people on a malaysian knitting forum talking about Shadowrun
>having initiative
oh chummer
>>
Hope you guys all remember to get your flu shots this year. :)
>>
If I'm making a Native American character, do I just give them an ordinary first name and then a two word something from nature as a surname?

Also, is "Salish" an actual language? I was under the impression that it was a dialect.
>>
File: urban_sprawl.jpg (40 KB, 250x579) Image search: [Google]
urban_sprawl.jpg
40 KB, 250x579
>>43688297
>If I'm making a Native American character, do I just give them an ordinary first name and then a two word something from nature as a surname?

If you want a stereotypical name, sure. You could also try, you know, giving them an actual Aboriginal name.

>Also, is "Salish" an actual language? I was under the impression that it was a dialect.

It's a family of languages, correctly the 'Salishan languages'. The Salish-Sidhe Coucil uses English as a common tongue, with the various tribes using whatever traditional language they have/have claimed.
>>
>>43688409
I should add that there are some fairly common languages of which various tribes speak dialects; just saying you speak Central Salish (tribal dialect here) is probably good enough. But then again, I don't know what kind of diversity the Salish-Sidhe have in terms of foreign tribes moving into the region.
>>
>>43688409
>>43688484
It's probably not unlike India in that regard. Where there are a bunch of regional/tribal languages but everyone just uses English for convenience's sake, because everyone speaks it.
>>
>>43687842
You can't use edge on extended tests.
>>
>>43688870
Pretty convenient that Availability tests are just regular opposed tests, then...
>>
>>43688907
Whoops! I remembered the delivery times thing and extended tests came to mind. I stand corrected.
>>
>>43688980
Nah, it's the test to see if you find a buyer for any hot shit you 'liberated' on a run when you try to sell it yourself that is an extended test.
>>
>>43688016
Obviously, it's an exec from Ares holding an Excalibur Battle Rifle, the next step in modern warfare. A compact and reliable polyvalent weapon, the tool for the best elite soldiers!
>>
>>43689049
Love Shadowrun.

DESPISE its gun rules and, more importantly, gun art.
>>
>>43689151
Eh, not everything is terrible. If you're looking at Gun Heaven 1-3, you're gonna have a bad time. But 5e's gun art isn't too bad overall.
>>
File: Capture.png (18 KB, 384x171) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18 KB, 384x171
>>43689263
at least gun heaven has faux-/k/ commentary. I bought the physical copies for that alone, it's an easy laugh.
>>
>>43689263
Gun Heaven is the worst offender, but Run & Gun also has things like Nitama Sporter.

Speaking of which, do guns from the core book all have artwork? I can't seem to find anything for some of the handguns, like Colt Government 2066.

Some clothes from RG also come without pictures. What are Vashon Island suits and Globetrotter gear supposed to look like?
>>
>>43689638
I like the Nitama Sporter.

Here's the pistols and submachine guns of either 3E or 4E.
>>
>>43689638
>>43689694

And some of the rifles, still 4E. The Government 2066 isn't listed there, but #9 is his version of the Manhunter. Probably broadly similar. Obviously, these aren't official, but better than nothing.
>>
Quick 4e question; do you re-roll initiative at the start of each combat turn?
>>
Help me, /srg/, for you are my only hope. I want to run a one-shot 5e game and i haven't found any good ones on shadowlands so i decided to make one of my own, but i fear it might:
Too hard
Too long
Poorly build
Base line is that you are hired as one time runners by a fixer to grab a few nuyens since his own group is having a break or something. The run is "convincing" four rich brats to stop funding and hanging out with a gang and then get rid of the head of the bunch, who is planning to just hold the kids hostage after they stop funding his gang of mages. The runners are sent to the club the kids are hanging about spending their parents' money on booze, drugs, women and gambling respectively. Also i've planned a few general outcomes for the club:

If the PCs take too long convincing the rich kids, the head ganger comes in crashing in a van into the club and hell breaks loose.

The runners convince the kids and they (one to all) help the runners to get the head ganger.

The runners find out where the head ganger is before the rich kids are convinced and proceed to deal with him and use this as leverage to convince the rich kids to drop the gang stuff.

After convincing the kids they run into the head ganger on the way to his hideout and vehicular combat ensues.

The club itself has 12 proff rating 2 grunts, 4 lieutenants and 5 medium combat drones piloted by 5 proff rating 2 riggers/decker combos (meant to be the main obstacle for deckers and technomancers after there are any), 4 proff rating 1 bodyguards, 3 prime runners, 1 mage, 1 adept and 1 street samurai, all 80%.
The head ganger himself is a prime runner mage 200% with three proff rating 2 lieutenants, 2 melee/shotgun guys and 1 primary gunner and fire support who doubles as the driver if there is vehicle combat.

There's some more including the consoles, locations and whatnot, but just based around this info would you say i am shooting for the stars or have i done something right?
>>
>>43686276
Could one theoretically hold a single-player Shadowrun game? If so, how? I have no one to play with, and it's impossible to find online Shadowrun 5e games.
>>
>>43689946
You could probably hold one with one another person being the GM or your player, but RPGs are generally supposed to be played by more than one person.

I can't find a game, either, so I know that feel.
>>
File: robocop3.jpg (29 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
robocop3.jpg
29 KB, 600x336
How much essence does Murphy have?
>>
File: 1430945362336.png (283 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
1430945362336.png
283 KB, 500x486
>>43689993
>>
>>43689946
It's not like 3.P where you can just wargame it on a grid. The game doesn't really support that sort of thing. And if you're in it for the roleplaying aspects--but playing by yourself--than you might as well just write a book.
>>
>>43689740
RAW yes, but re-rolling initiative slows down combat in almost every conceivable rpg system and shadowrun combat is unlikely to last more than a few rounds anyway so just keep the first initiative roll.
>>
>>43690013
~0.2 to 3.5, depending on the ware grade and whether he has dermal implants, bone lacing, wired reflexes and other assorted fun stuff aside from cyberlimbs.
>>
>>43690013
He's essentially a cyborg (even though he still has part of his circulatory and digestive system if memory serves).

I'd say the same as a brain-in-a-jar cyborg, 0.1 essence in a heavily customized CCU.
>>
>>43690013
~0.1

I've been lead to believe that most of his organic systems were replaced by synthetic parts. I believe his brain is still intact, as well as his circulatory system and digestive organs. His limbs were completely replaced, as was his head (the face is more of a mask) and it's all encased in metal and plastic.
>>
>>43690202
>implying he doesn't have a huge negative essence

Shadowrun is set up in such a way as to prevent you from getting even close to robocop, because lolgamebalance.
>>
>>43689772
That's a hell of a lot of goons for a one-shot. Unless you change up the rules and make it totally pink mohawk, the PCs will be slaughtered if they get into a fight at the club.

If nothing else, cut out either the mage or the adept (you don't need both) and take out a few of the mundane threats (either taking out the liutenants or the drones).
>>
>>43691137
Shadowrun is of the opinion that technology and transhumanism is evil, and encourages being a magical tree-hugging native american and/or elf.
>>
>>43691361
It's not necessarily tech=good, magic=bad (just look at all the Awakened threats, especially spirits), but that people can use technology easily, and people are also retarded, so we tend to fuck ourselves up very easily.

Technology in SR has the promise of a great new world, but we keep misusing and overusing it without understanding the consequences. We take the Matrix and datajacks, which promise a land of total freedom, info-sharing, and expression, and we've had two crashes within about 30 years that killed tens of thousands and threatened to ruin the world, and now it's all in the hands of megacorps that just want to use it to wring money out of you.
>>
>>43691471
>it's not that technology is bad, it's just that it's super bad and we don't understand the consequnces and ooooh noooo

that's my problem with shadowrun in a nutshell, yes.
That and the insinuation that anybody who gets a prosthetic is less human.
>>
>>43691498
Way to entirely misread the post.

It's like saying, "Shadowrun says magic is bad because people keep doing blood magic and toxic magic and making deals with bug spirits and shedim, and the world is going to be destroyed by big magic macguffins."

The whole point of Shadowrun (and of a lot of cyberpunk in general) is that you can give people all the magic and technology to fulfill their wildest dreams, they'll still fuck it up because they're still people and inherently petty and self-absorbed.
>>
>>43691572
it's not my fault shadowrun misses the point and sticks to the idea that you can't give technology to people because they'll die of it being super evil and unnatural.

Which goes back to the original point- you can't play robocop because lolbalance. You can't have that much cyber except in some insane theoretical. And even then, not really.
>>
>>43691572
You can't die from being too magically active, but you can die from being too heavily augmented, outside of cybermancy.
>>
>>43691696
>You can't die from being too magically active

False; it's totally possible to kill yourself from drain if you're not smart with how you use magic.

Just like how you can get practically a full-body replacement in SR and stay above zero essence (with alphaware you can get two arms, two legs, torso and skull), it's only when you try to make your body into something inherently inhuman that you have real troubles.
>>
>>43691696
But you can die from a summoning a spirit with a force beyond your magic.

Very few are stupid enough to die from to much cyberware but an overzealous mage can kill himself in his first fight.
>>
>>43691800
yeah, not until you try to make robocop.
Or any other popular cyborg.
>>
>>43691361
It's unfortunate how accurate this is.

Why did Shadowrun even need magic?
>>
>>43691863
look, the only reason I give a shit about shadowrun over any other cyber system is because it has magic. Let's make that point clear. It's only major unique sell point is cyber with magic.

Now, that said, I agree with you in that they really, really screwed the pooch when it came to magic and the supernatural in several ways and in several styles.
>>
>>43691850
Use 4e's Jarhead rules, adult brain-in-a-jar, it works. Yes it's not a perfect 100% correlation, but hey...
>>
How does one play a genuine hero while still playing shadowrun and not dragging their group down?
>>
File: Not Sure.jpg (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Not Sure.jpg
48 KB, 250x250
>>43691850
>yeah, not until you try to make robocop

You mean the human being who was stripped down to a skeleton and rebuilt to withstand small arms fire, massacre people with his built-in targeting system and pop-out gun, and follow the directives of the corp that made him, including helping them get away with massive crimes, has difficulty being human?

Jesus Christ, I don't know if you even watched that movie, have played Shadowrun, or if you're just trolling.
>>
>>43691884
I give a shit about it because it MOSTLY didn't fuck up its rules beyond usability. I wish I could like the magic, but I hate how glorified it is, and it keeps the same issue D&D has- Awakened (and especially adepts) do everything better.
>>
>>43691850
You do realize that Robocop/Murphy had indeed lost most of his humanity and had barely recovered the basic essentials by the end of the movie, right?
>>
>>43691943
I'm just salty about essence caps, the rules behind dying if you have too much, and the dumb calls in essence pricing.
>>
>>43691966
>>43691943
but he DIDN'T just die.
And he didn't require 50 virgin sacrifices a day and a suite of anticancerous agents to do it.
>>
>>43691941

Just be reasonable with your team.
IC, just point out that you'll make a bunch of money anyway, avoiding wetwork meaning you'll lose on some big payday, sure, but it'll also mean you don't really make personal enemies as well. A CEO would be pissed Runners got into the Corps secret lab and stole GIZMO-X, but he'll be more interested in getting it back, not seeking revenge. The family and friends of the Yakuza boss you have to take out, though, that ain't as easily escaped.

Just pack SnS ammo and make a point that you won't accept doing evil shit for money. If you want that, just be a wageslave already.
>>
>>43691966
That was only because they removed his memories intentionally when they did all that stuff. I'm sure that they could have left all of his 'humanity' in place of they wanted to.
>>
>>43691983
The lack of magic in Robocop is obvious, and frankly I think that they dropped the ball in that movie and it's sequels by never covering the ongoing treatment needed.

Just ask someone with a kidney transplant about the pharmacy they take every morning, let alone extensive and invasive replacements like Murphy got, and you'll see that it's a failure on the part of Robocop and not SR about that.

As for why he didn't just die... That would be a shitty movie, senpai.

>>43692059
Even in the sequels, when he's supposed to be 'connecting' with people about how mean corps are, he's still very clearly robotic and inhuman in his outlook.
>>
>>43692076
>he's still very clearly robotic and inhuman in his outlook
Of course he is, the Corp removed his humanity on purpose, and doesn't ever fully get it back. However, this doesn't dispute the fact that they intentionally took out his humanity in the first place. They could have done all of that robo implant shit and left his humanity intact but they didn't.
>>
File: Robert Cop.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Robert Cop.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43691983

I just fired up Chummer and made a random Priority (D) Human Mundane.
I replaced eyes, ears, every limb, skull and Torso with Gammaware, Wired Reflexes (3), everything and he has 0.3 Essence left. I'm not sure how to use this thing, so the Enhanced STR and AGI don't seem to show up, but he's got 3 in both.

>>43692510

Look. You know how you're less interested in people you perceive as stupid? Or how you laugh at people who are morbidly obese?
Well, what psychological effects do you suppose occur when pretty much everyone around you is absurdly slow, weak and stupid? And your brain isn't getting the regular ol' meat signals, but imperfect simulations from man-made prosthetics?
Hell, there's studies that imply getting botox injections makes you feel less, because if your face muscles don't move as much, your brain is tricked into thinking you're not feeling as strongly.

Note: Ignore the stats and shit, this was just for Essence.
>>
>>43692510
False. Robocop 2 (where you get to see the actual program playing out past the test subject of Officer Murphy) shows a long list of trials.

All the test officers had mental breakdowns and committed suicide except for Murphy (who had a 'sense of duty' that was reinforced by those programmed directives) and Cain (who didn't have as extensive directive programming), who went crazy and shot up a PR stunt.

Literally every attempt to preserve humanity in Robocops failed.
>>
>>43692510
Not so sure about that. Even with OCP's deprogramming, he still suffers from flasbacks and memories that make him go full revenge mode against Bodicker's gang. (even if his revenge remains within the constraints of his three prime directives, i.e. arrest & haul in rather than kill on sight.)
>>
>>43692629
I understand that being robotic would take its toll on robocop, if he hadn't had his humanity intentionally removed. I totally understand what Essence means, and how it interacts with how SR says you should play your character, but that doesn't apply to Robocop in his own universe. Robocop would have kept his humanity (memories, personality, etc) if the corporation that built him chose to do so, but they didn't. They removed as much of it as they could, causing robocop to be such a robot.
>>
>>43692629
Needs to add armor on limbs as well, but yeah, good work.
>>
>>43687290
What's with the underbarrel dildo?
>>
>>43692854
A true operator needs options.
>>
>>43692755

No, I'm talking in our own universe. How being profoundly different from others affects us, we humans, that is.
They didn't remove his humanity, anon, they removed his memories.
That's a vast difference.
If you woke up tomorrow without any recollection of who you are, you'd still be human. Not the same human, depending on your philosophical proclivities, but unarguably human.

>>43692835

Thanks, I just slapped some shit together. But it looks like my group's got a new BBEG.
>>
>>43692854
>Literally having no contingencies in case you get horny in the middle of a gunfight
How about you just stick to coding chummer, champ
>>
>>43692962
>no contingencies

You can shoot with one hand, right?
>>
>>43692962
God damn it f-list, this is a blue board
>>
>>43692888
Pro tip: If you're making a cyberzombie bad guy, either give him a corp that protects and unleashes him as the plot demands, or a squat in the Barrens fucking loaded with sensors, drones and mines.

As soon as the PCs realise he's not going away, they will do their best to kill him, and one man, no matter how many augs they have, is vulnerable.
>>
>>43692997

He's going to be on a space station orbiting Mars, probably.
>>
>>43692993
>Literally jerking off like a pleb
Well, I mean, sure. If you want the folks on Jackpoint to laugh at you.
>>
>>43693021
Well, he's definitely safe from being squashed by the PCs in the second session, but it's a hell of a commute.
>>
>>43692997
Eh, if he's a "robocop" dead set on stopping thos damn shadowrunner perps, he can have a lot of KE/LS/Wolverine... support.
>>
>>43693035
>not using your free hand to turn on the fleshlight built into your armoured coat as a simple action

It's like you don't even battle-cum.
>>
>>43693035
Hey, I'm not saying it's the best solution; far from it. But worst comes to worst, you're not out of options entirely.
>>
>>43693062

I don't understand.
Why not just have Astral Sex while also commanding your spirits to do whatever it is that needs doing in the fight, like a real mage would?
>>
>>43693085
My Manipulation spirits can't provide enough services to get the job done, and rebinding my junk in combat is a hassle.
>>
>>43693035
Does cyber genitalia come with an autojerker? If so, jacking off should be a free action with wireless enabled.
>>
>>43693085
>Mages literally have it this easy
Fucking 5e caster edition
>>
>>43693147
>leaving the cybercock wireless on

Have fun when the enemy decker takes over your dong mid-combat, makes your semen clip fall out, then sends you dick-first into your street sammy's asshole.
>>
File: 1437948383089.png (339 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
1437948383089.png
339 KB, 1200x850
>>43693248
I'm OK with itif it's Chica
>>
>>43693163

Well, it costs a lot of money to do it right.
I mean, you have a trust fund, yeah?
Those gold plated weapons and hovering limousine drones complete with bunraku dolls don't pay for themselves.
>>
>>43693035
It gives the name "Jackpoint" a whole new meaning.
>>
>>43693277
I wonder if Chica likes it in her butt. I hope so, cus she's super cute.
>>
File: 1437948383090.jpg (153 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437948383090.jpg
153 KB, 900x1000
>>43693667
Not until after the wedding, anon! A waifu has to keep her virtue intact.
>>
>this thread
I'm now picturing two runner teams trying to kill each other and at the same time relieving themselves via magic, augs, VR or whatever.

I hate you all.
>>
>>43688555
Very few people in India use english at the low level and the actual number of e2l speakers of English in india is pretty damn low.
>>
>>43691627
Wasn't Alex Murphy kinda one off even in Robocop universe, as in they tried to make more robotic cops like him but almost all of them went insane and killed themselves and anyone around them?
>>
File: SR5_DroneRigger_FINAL-PROOF.jpg (399 KB, 425x1100) Image search: [Google]
SR5_DroneRigger_FINAL-PROOF.jpg
399 KB, 425x1100
>>43693277
>>43693797
Why are ork semen demons so hot? You'd think this should be the domain of something with exorbitant Cha.
>>
File: Eiger.jpg (81 KB, 270x384) Image search: [Google]
Eiger.jpg
81 KB, 270x384
>>43694075
>>
>>43694075
except Orcs can do high cha and if it was the domain of exorbitant cha no human could be hot either.
>>
File: 1379260038534.jpg (2 MB, 3239x4191) Image search: [Google]
1379260038534.jpg
2 MB, 3239x4191
>>43693797
>implying anal doesn't exist to preserve virtue
>never dealing with catholic women
>2015
>eek eek eek eek
>>
>>43694075
Shockingly peoples taste in partners vary wildly.

Which is why the concept of Cha being looks is weird.
>>
>>43694075
Orks are typically seen as rambunctious, energetic, and strong, and this could translate to a playful waifu who wants to snuggle. Whereas elves are haughty skinny bitches who consider you to be inferior to them even if they love you.

>>43694125
A troll is fine too.
>>
File: 1394436136542.jpg (91 KB, 492x705) Image search: [Google]
1394436136542.jpg
91 KB, 492x705
>>43694544
You're damned right they are.
>>
>>43693277
>>43693797
>>43694075
>>43694125
>>43694657
I want shit tier waifufags to leave
orks and trolls need to hang from trees
>>
>>43694928
/humanis/ please go, nobody likes you
>>
>>43694965
Humanis uber alles
Metahuman scum please leave
>>
>>43694979
>implying anyone cares
>implying there's anything you can do to stop metas from reclaiming the earth
>>
>>43695078
Glorious nippon corps not supporting those dirty metas
>>
File: 1437948383086.png (818 KB, 1280x594) Image search: [Google]
1437948383086.png
818 KB, 1280x594
>>43694283
>Implying that in 2075 the anus is not the only virtuous orifice
>Implying that live fast, die young sammies aren't running around banging erryone and trusting Plan B, but holding back something special for that someone special

Fuck off back to your tank, Jones, and leave relationships to the metahumans.
>>
>>43694544
>who consider you to be inferior to them even if they love you.
which is why you have to teach them the error of their ways with your superior human dick
>>
File: 1438566378336.jpg (97 KB, 607x862) Image search: [Google]
1438566378336.jpg
97 KB, 607x862
>>43695101
You mean the ones that already lost one famous member who couldn't take the racism, the ones being brought to heel by a meta-friendly Emperor?

Face it, you've already lost this fight. Just take advantage of the fact that you can marry orcs serially as they age and die off, letting you keep a forever young wife without being that guy with 9 divorces.
>>
>>43694544
>muh elf arrogance
Humans could give a run for their money to even to immortal elves in the arrogance department.
>>
>>43695542
Orks don't live that short, anon. Humans don't suddenly drop dead at 65. Especially not with this wonderful medical technology.
>>
>>43695556
We only really hate them because they treat us like we treat everyone else.
>>
>>43695556
Immortal elves, we know it's you, stop trying to pretend you're not.
>>
File: 1437955420520.jpg (531 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1437955420520.jpg
531 KB, 700x990
>>43695570
Average orc lifespan is 35-45 years. By the time she's of a tolerable age (both legal and out of their terrible early twenties) you've already lost half that time.

If you've got the money for expensive treatments to prolong her life, go for it, but odds are good you're going to need every nuyen to pay for your litters of kids (forget sports team, you'll have an entire league pretty soon).
>>
>>43695586
>tfw the Tirs hate humans more than other metas
>>
>>43695663

Is this typically due to the fact that most Orcs grow up outside the system and generally don't get access to the best medical care or is their lifespan literally capped at around 45 years? As in they age at rates similar to dogs and what not.
>>
>>43695663
>Average orc lifespan is 35-45 years.

And the average human lifespan is 55-65, depending on which country you live in. Orks have a lower life expectancy because so many orks die young, especially in their teens and twenties, due to gang/racial violence and poverty.

Also, orks don't have litters anymore, and they haven't since 1st edition.
>>
>>43695705
Mostly it has to do with the writers not knowing what the word lifespan means.
>>
>>43691137
Trogga please. You can go full robocop even at character creation. The thing is, robocops don't make great runners.
>>
>>43695705
It's not entirely clear; most of the rich orcs in the fluff are also rich enough to afford gene therapy and other treatments that extend their natural span.

Run Faster covers that orks mature by 12 (but I don't know of ages of consent change by metatype) and that 45 is for the lucky ones.

>>43695720
>Also, orks don't have litters anymore, and they haven't since 1st edition.
They still do as of Target: Wasteland, the 3e book. The same section from Run Faster (Tusk Life) says that they don't have litters, just a very high birth rate, but doesn't go into detail.
>>
>>43695813
>but I don't know of ages of consent change by metatype)
iirc it was mentioned somewhere that orcs suffer from legal age restrictions, like voting etc. So it would only make sense if their age of consent wouldn't be treated differently than that of humans.
>>
Is having a Mr.Johnson trick the players a dick move?
>>
>>43696523
Keep the Johnson trickery to a minimum imho, otherwise your runners turn into extra paranoid murderhobos. Its not good for business as a johnson, either.
>>
>>43696523
It can be done and have the intended effect in the story, but it means the game becomes Blacker and Trenchcoater than it was, and they can kiss their fixer goodbye. If they paid for this fixer with chargen resources, then it may be a dick move. Yes, in my opinion.
>>
>>43696560
>>43696598
Ah gotcha, was mostly planning on having them be set up and framed for something they didn't do.
>>
>>43696598
Why the flying fuck would it mean goodbye to a fixer? The JOHNSON is the problem. The fixer got fooled, same as the PCs did.
>>
Can Increase Attribute spells go over the augmented maximum?
>>
File: mr tibbles is sick of your shit.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mr tibbles is sick of your shit.jpg
79 KB, 1024x768
>>43694928
>>43694979
>Standing in the way of the ascendance of a united Terra.
>Being a shitheel
>>
>>43696840
Wasn't me that posted those but I'm guessing it's because it's his word this guy was good and he wasn't?
>>
>>43696955
>United Terra
>Not wanting the racism table
>>
So... My entire team is hooked on hard drugs before we even start the game.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>43697623
Not even a little.
>>
>>43697623
rip
>>
File: thisfuckingguy.jpg (51 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
thisfuckingguy.jpg
51 KB, 500x361
>>43691361
God dammit. I'm tired of natural = good. Nature as a whole and its dick riders need to be the bad guy in need of putting down more often. What we need is MORE metal and concrete. And everyone being robots is the happy ending.

Fuck the Lorax!
>>
>>43697647
Not even if they're a bunch of Kamikaze and BTL junkies?
>>
>>43697717
>literally hacking off pieces of your body for an off-the-shelf product made by a soulless megacorp bent on world domination
>>
File: 1445267824327.png (323 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1445267824327.png
323 KB, 600x400
>>43697770
>not hacking off pieces of your body for an off-the-shelf product made by a soulless megacorp bent on world domination
>>
>>43697767
Good cannon fodder
>>
>>43697968
But anon, I'm the BTL junkie
>>
>>43698071
You'll be dead in a month then.
>>
>>43698097
I'll be significantly less dead than the Kamikaze junkie who wants to try a K-10 cocktail.
>>
Best kind of run to start a new campaign?
>>
File: tachi.gif (908 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
tachi.gif
908 KB, 500x300
Can you have a rigger drive a mech like pic related?
>>
>>43698835
Walkers are pretty common, yes.
>>
File: 1438739375445.jpg (96 KB, 900x587) Image search: [Google]
1438739375445.jpg
96 KB, 900x587
>>43698786
Only one answer.

But seriously, any kind of anti-street gang activity works well. The party can test itself against some physical and Matrix security (and possibly even astral if you want) without it being very difficult, dangerous, or having a mistake being a long-term threat.
>>
File: New Runners, No Problem.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
New Runners, No Problem.gif
2 MB, 600x338
>>43699054
Oops, wrong picture.
>>
File: xnB4F41r0vg82o1_500.png (114 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
xnB4F41r0vg82o1_500.png
114 KB, 500x389
>>43698835
No. Meow.
>>
So if I'm an Adept and I initiate I get a Metamagic, which can be a power point. Then I can up my magic and get another one?

Upping your Magic (especially if you're at 6) seems like a bad cost to benefit ratio. Isn't the advantage just initiating multiple times?
>>
>>43699211
Your Initiations are also capped by your Magic, I think?

But yeah, Adepts are pretty boned compared to even MysAds, who can get all kinds of cool shit for Metamagic, whereas your cost per Power Point goes up without really expanding your abilities particularly far.
>>
>>43699150
racter leave and take your filthy pet with you

>>43698907
How hard would it be to convert to a 5E game? Or should I just stick to whatever edition they appeared in.
>>
>>43699373
You stick to whatever edition your group is playing
>>
/srg/, I need a hand for 5E. One of my groupmates has decided that he's going to play a rigger. He knows the options are limited, but he likes the idea enough that he wants to go with it. (Rest of the group is an illusionist mage, a sam/face, and a sam/medic with skillwires and a pile of skillsofts). I offered to help him with character creation, since he's brand new... but I don't know the first thing about rigging. Any advice that isn't "don't play a rigger in 5E"? He knows about 5.0 coming out Soon(tm), and he's looking forward to it, but that doesn't exactly make it already here. He's got 4 or 5 roto-drones, a Steel Lynx, a handful of Fly-Spies, a R1 control rig, a Proteus RCC, and a van for his drones already.
>>
>>43699373
You can get a few different kinds of walker drones, there's none in 5e big enough to carry you around, though.

With God's help, there will be spider tanks in 5e, and some actual decent drones that use Pilot (Ground Vehicle). Seriously, all you get is one frisbee microdrone, the Dobie and Steel Lynx for shooting stuff, and maid droids.

There is way more uses for wheeled drones than that.
>>
>>43699560
Tell him to strap AK-97s to the rotodrones and a Krime Wave to the Lynx. He's never going to be the hotshot, best thing drones can do is put a lot of bullets downrange.

Also, make sure he's got decent autosofts running off the RCC.
>>
>>43699560
I don't see a decker on your team, so you may throw him a bone and not make enemy hacker activity too high.
>>
>>43699705
I'm not the GM, but yeah, decking is at a minimum right now. We've got an NPC decker who'll be staying out of focus.

>>43699682
He's got the AK-97s down already, but he put an M202 on the Lynx instead. Problem there?

Autosofts I went over with him, but I'll make sure he's got the right ones tomorrow.
>>
>>43699725
No, M202 is fine, it's just a bit more money than you need to spend but it packs a bit better punch. Drones fire like dogshit, so it's not worth getting them any fancy guns.
>>
>>43696441
It's a sad truth that nobody longer really cares about that. As it is stated in 5e core "what exactly constitutes a child is open to interpretation".
>>
>>43698835
In theory, you can have a Rigger assume direct control of a battleship or carrier.

I personally rule you need at least 1 rigger for each major subsystem working in tandem on fuckhueg machines, but by raw, have fun.
>>
>>43700612
>1 rigger for each major subsystem working in tandem on fuckhueg machines
PACIFIC RUN WHEN
>>
>>43695663
>Average orc lifespan is 35-45 years.
>litters
You know, if you factor those two things in, though they're exclusive to earlier versions, it's likely they suffer a far higher infant mortality rate which would account for the lower average lifespan.
>>
Does anyone have any ways to make banishing not suck?
>>
>>43700556
>"what exactly constitutes a child is open to interpretation".
LEGAL LOLI HERE I CUMMM
>>
>>43700863
Subtract your net hits from the drain code.

Bam, it's now more cost-effective to banish and rolling a more successful attempt makes it less taxing.
>>
>>43700705
The shorter lifespan is still actual, though. Orks gets the shaft both from mother nature and the rest of metahumanity (except for trolls, ofc.)
>>
>>43688150
Then how do they win their fights?
>>
In the SR5 Core Rulebook it's mentioned that you need a "Hardware Kit" to create a keycard if you copied it using a keycard copier. The face archetype has that item. I can't find it anywhere else in the book, apart from those two cases. What is it?
>>
>>43701993
It's in the tools section.
>>
So, /srg/, it seems like all street samurai have some sort of hardwiring (whether that's move by wire or wired reflexes), and what I want to know is: how viable is one without jacked reflexes? One would think you could compensate with lots of dermal armour and other such things.
>>
I decided to brainstorm what would necessities in the wilds of the Sixth World be like /tg/.

Squatter: The water is not even drinkable and your piss is a safer alternative for boiling food. You subsist on insects and dead rodents half eaten.

Low: Small game is available to you and you have a reliable source of berries and nuts, not exactly ripe but who is complaining?

Middle: The source of food comes from a small garden that is ocasionally watched by a retarded guard with a limited attention span which means you are enjoying mediocre fresh food! Hey it's fresh food chummer, not that artificial laden soy crap that you take for granted. Water sources are drinkable with purification

High: You probably is in a corporate run farm or ranch. Fresh food is available on the daily along with some soy food for the city slickers out on retreat suffering from withdrawal of Stuffer Shack Instaeat lobster dinners. You enjoy a full farmer's breakfast everyday at least

Luxury: You live in the lap of wilderness luxury, big game hunted down at readily prepared for you and your guests. Genuine liquor from the oak barrel and the prepackaged food is made with actual ingredients in case you are hankering for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
>>
>>43702176
Too expensive. Your squatter should be street imo. Squatter would be more that you have to move a lot to find a water source.
>>
>>43702176
>Living in the wild having options other than street
Laughingnomads.png
>>
>>43702122
If your main contribution to a group is killing things, then you must be efficient at killing. A Street Sam without any form of initiative boost isn't really viable.

This being said, you don't absolutely need a cyber-/bioware init boost. Drugs are a valid alternative, and if all else fails, stuff your Pixie pal in your trenchcoat's pocket out of sight and have her keep an Increase Reflex spell active on your dumb ass.

The advantage of 'ware is that they're permanent, activable on demand and without secondary effects beyond the Essence loss.
>>
>>43702264
So reaction is sort of the god stat for combat? I'm sure there has to be ways to be great at combat aside from having jacked reflexes. Smartguns (though the idiots made it so those no longer take any commitment to use) and some dermal armour along with maybe a cyberlimb that's got some neat gadgets?

I just think every street samurai being hardwired is just boring. In a world with such great opportunities for making real unique characters with ware, with cool styles, hardwiring seems like it should be a choice rather than a necessity.
>>
>>43702211
Well it depends what you consider living in the wild and your competency.

I see "roll against being eaten by a fucking bear" being a thing, though. Or "roll against being stung by a fucking scorpion". Or "roll against being sasquatch's bitch".
>>
>>43702122
You need initiative dice to do more combatty things. It doesn't do a lot if your contribution to being good at killing is just damaging one guy per combat turn.
>>
>>43702348
Sure, but there's been plenty of solos and street samurai in cyberpunk fiction who have made it just fine without hardwiring.
>>
>>43702366
Shadowrun isn't the fiction.

So let's say you're currently covering the meat-bod of your decker while she's hooked in to the archive of a corporate host. You need to keep her warm and preferably breathing but you can't move her from where she is, and a squad of five corpsec have just stormed out of the elevator.
>>
God damn it 4chan, enough of your connection errors.

>>43702511
A character with initiative enhancements could be rolling up to 5d6 plus their Initiative, while you're rolling 1d6 plus your initiative. Let's say you both have the same base Initiative score of 9 and both roll 3s for all of your dice. You have an Iniative Score of 12 for this combat turn, while the speedster's got an initiative score of 24. So you both start out by taking the same action, using your Ingram Smartgun to launch suppressive fire down the hall, causing the corpsec to scatter to either side of the hall in some alcoves. Your initiatives drop to 2 and 14 each. One of the corpsec returns fire with a fully-automatic spray, and you both decide to Dodge, reducing your Initiative by 5. -3 and 9, respectively. You're already out of actions, so you're done. The gunbunny pulls out a grenade on their turn and lobs it down the end of the hall, which explodes at the end of the combat turn and neatly deals with the opposition, while you're stuck dealing with the five corpsec.

While it is possible to make a character that can tank a lot of damage (I've had to deal with a character that rolled 20+ dice for Dodge and close to 40 for Armour+BOD, it's not something you should generally rely on. That said, the beauty of Shadowrun is that only only need to minmax as much the GM expects you to.
>>
>>43702534
Should suppressive fire not last the entirety of the combat round?

As well, you could just use gadgets. Because gadgets are great. Who needs hardwiring when you monowire the hallway and plant proxbombs.

But anyways, I still think it's a little lame. Maybe some actually good recoil and strength minimum rules could be tossed in, then you could have body based solos rocking .50 BMG assault rifles and going toe to toe with the the jacked reflexes.
>>
>>43702574
You can have body-based solos wielding .50BMG AR's, its's called a troll with an assault cannon and a combat axe.

And yes, each of their blows will hurt a lot more than that of the human gunslinger with his shotgun and knife. But the troll will get one in where the human gets 2-3. It's a choice.
>>
>>43702176
What do you pay for a month of wilderness luxury? 50 full animal hides?
>>
>>43702329
>roll against being sasquatch's bitch
>this is the fifth week in a row the sasquatch has beaten you at chess
>looks like you've got outhouse duty again
>>
>>43702122
If you can't afford wires, you dose up on cram and jazz.

A street samurai without additional initiative dice/passes is no street samurai at all.
>>
File: Cyber catgirl.jpg (376 KB, 831x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cyber catgirl.jpg
376 KB, 831x1200
>>43702574
>>43703318
Lighting Reflexes from Run Faster help with going fast, but it still leaves a gap compared to ware.

Going max edge and blitzing every pass is also an option, but pray your GM is generous with giving edge back in that case.
>>
>>43702211
>>43702329
I just have people living in the wild have ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ADVENTURES that people living on the streets.
Like wendigo hunting.
>>
File: Yao Street.jpg (343 KB, 1633x900) Image search: [Google]
Yao Street.jpg
343 KB, 1633x900
>>43699643
Can't you bring walker mode into 5e, and pick a high armor car for a makeshift mech?
>>
>>43704484
Heck yeah you can
>>
File: Street Samurai.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
Street Samurai.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>43702308
Basically, it works like this: Street Samurai are good at killing things. Specifically, they're good at taking on multiple opponents, which is important because you're almost always going to be outnumbered.

Boosting your initiative is the best way to do that; you've got options whether you use adept powers, wires, or drugs, but you gotta go fast. Otherwise you beat the shit out of one guard, then his 4 buddies riddle you with bullets- it doesn't matter if you're carrying an assault cannon if you only fire it once. As Yekka said, you're going to need multiple actions to be able to react to multiple opponents.

Any shadowrunner worth their salt can fight someone one-on-one (yes, even the decker), but sammies shine by taking out squads.
>>
I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what a Magical Lodge actually is, and what role it plays.

Could someone give me an Idiot's Explanation as to what the actual deal is with them? I'm playing 4e, if that's relevant.
>>
>>43705254
It's a place where a mage can cast ritual spells.
>>
>>43705254
It's your magic crafting station. You gain bonuses to everything magical you do there, which can include spirit summoning and binding, learning or creating spells, meditating for initiation, or even just finding privacy from the wider astral plane. If Background Counts tend to fuck you over, your personal Lodge is where the BC works in your favor - it can count as an aspected domain tuned for you and your tradition.
>>
>>43705254
>A magical lodge is required to improve Magic linked skills, learn new spells, and perform
Ritual Spellcasting. A lodge has a Force rating that is used to measure its power. The Force of a lodge must be at least equal to the skill rating being learned or the force of a spell being cast (in the case of Ritual Spellcasting).

Basically, it's your wizard base. It's also where you keep the stuff you use for your more serious magic, as mentioned above, but also including stuff like foci.

The specific FORM it takes could be just about anything depending on your tradition. A hermetic might have a lot of magical books, crystals, special inks and drawing implements, a nice clean bit of concrete for magical circles, alchemical chemicals, etc. A Shaman might have pure examples of elements, dream catchers, spirit fetches, sacred items, a sweat lodge for going into trances, etc.
>>
>>43705254
It's basically a place where you practise magic, getting better and/or casting big spells. It lets you learn magic, and use magic better.

You need a lodge greater than a given force to increase your skill up to that rating.

It's also where you cast big ritual spells, summon Great Form Spirits, etc.

Unless you've got a really weird tradition, odds are you can borrow someone's lodge if you're part of a magical group. Heck, I'm willing to bet that hermetics have a rent-a-lodge system.
>>
>>43705282
>>43705288
>>43705299
Oh right, okay. That's cleared it up a bit, thank you.

One more thing; if a lodge is used for learning/upgrading Magic related skills, do Adepts need to use them to gain or level new powers, or do they do it differently?
>>
>>43705314
RAW and by the numbers, Adepts don't have much use for Lodges.
>>
>>43705314
You don't need a lodge to initiate as a Adept, but it's good for flavour if you have a defined tradition.
>>
>>43705314

If they had assensing with the astral sight power, I think they would. But for the most part, no. They just get their powers.

Of course, it's pretty likely the GM'll want at least some degree of consistency between what sort of adept you are, your habits, etc. But everything else falls under the usual skills, as that's what adepts use more that actual spells.

Making Foci would need a lodge as well.
>>
>>43686276
What a good, general, rule of thumb way to run a campaign in Shadowrun?

I'm having a problem where I keep either getting my party killed or can't ferry them to anything more than the occasional milk run because they're too afraid of the off-chance fo being horribly murdered now.

I seem to be having profound troubles finding a rhythm to running Shadowrun, is what I'm saying, and I can't find a good balance in how to make it fun for my players and for me.

I also can't seem to make the connections between any storytime i've read and the actual game. Is there something to read or some core piece of setting advice that I could find to really get in and make a good campaign?
>>
>>43705370
What the hell are you throwing at your players?
Storytime?
>>
So, what exactly is the use of Melee Hardening for weapons they give in Hard Target? It seems to have no influence on stats?
>>
>>43705370
How have your party been getting killed/degenerated into intense parinoia?

Shadowrun is more or less a heist game. Keep that in mind. The players get their mission, haggle about the details, establish resources and intelligence pertaining to the objective, begin the operation, deal with any hickups, and get paid, cleaning up any loose ends.

If you've seen Ocean's 11, or Heat, or even quite a lot of Star Trek/Star Wars/Stargate style shows, you'll know basically how things go down.

Are you being too hard on your players? Player agency is really important, particularly in a setting as sandboxy as Shadowrun. Give them things to find out, avenues to make their run's easier. Throw surprises at them, but for the most part, stuff they can handle. Know what the characters can and can't do, and adapt the enemies and situations accordingly. Give them good surprises as well as bad ones. Opportunies as well as threats.
>>
>>43705393

Ditto. If your strength 10 troll keeps on bashing goons to death, through their helmets, with his Ares Alpha, then the GM's very entitled to start throwing technical problems out. It's the same as the weight reduction mods. It doesn't have RAW effect, but the de facto meaning of it is pretty clear, even if it presents itself subtly.
>>
File: 1437943855745.png (890 KB, 1280x1215) Image search: [Google]
1437943855745.png
890 KB, 1280x1215
>>43705370
Generally, I go 2/3rds legwork, 1/3rd actual job. My players like to mess around and explore options (and they tend to build social characters), so I give them jobs that don't have timelines of less than a week so they can look at the problem however they please.

Similarly, open-ended is way better for SR than most other games. Set up a basic run type (extraction, datatheft, wetwork, etc), throw in one or two complications (target is Awakened, there's a big corporate event happening soon, there are competing runners, etc.) and let them puzzle their way through the problem.

SR is a game where everyone does great on their own terms, and lousy on everyone else's. If things are too hard for the PCs, it's likely that they're letting you dictate the situation (either your GMing is too strict, or they are too used to just blasting through problems like a D&D party).
>>
>>43705433
>Similarly, open-ended is way better for SR than most other games.
Although it's worth mentioning that having a run or two with mission control online can help a lot. Having the fixer suggest some avenues, or specifically tailor the run to your starting contacts, or even have the runners working with another runner or inside man, can all help a fairly raw set of players come to grips with the setting.

I found that was a big issue when I started GMing. That particulary set of players had a tendency to um and ahh about what to do next, if they didn't have a bit of a prod, or better idea about what sorts of methods/approaches they could take.
>>
>>43705425
Thanks, I suspected as much, but then again, you never know if they just forgot to put the values in.
>>
>>43705525
True enough. My group came at it from story games like Apocalypse World, so they were already versed in, "Be proactive and solve your problems, or be assraped into oblivion."
>>
How many things can I run in wireless? Do I have to hook them up to my commlink? How does switching wireless on/off work in terms of time and movement (can I do it with my hands bound, for example)?
>>
File: DancingDragon.gif (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
DancingDragon.gif
9 KB, 200x200
I know you're never supposed to cut a deal with a dragon, but what about cutting a rug with a dragon?
>>
>>43706174
>How many things can I run in wireless?
Absolutely everything runs in wireless by default, unless you go out of your way to buy throwbacks. Yes, even your underwear has RFID tags that are constantly connected to the Matrix.

>Do I have to hook them up to my commlink?
No you don't absolutely have to.

>How does switching wireless on/off work in terms of time
Turning an individual device’s wireless functionality off is a Free Action.As is toggling all of your wireless devices to wireless off at once.

>and movement?
If they are all linked to your comlink and you have a DNI with it (datajack/trodes) the you need to think. Otherwise you'll have to press a button.
>>
who the fuck is chica anyways
>>
>>43706365
Lewd.
>>
>>43706174
>How many things can I run in wireless?
All of them
>Do I have to hook them up to my commlink?
No, but it's better, since you get to use your link's firewall for the stuff. The number of slaved device is limited, iirc to DR × 3
>How does switching wireless on/off work in terms of time and movement (can I do it with my hands bound, for example)?
Time I don't remember, but it's in the list of actions. I THINK on was Simple, off Free, but I'm really not sure. Regarding movement, it depends. With DNI, no problem. Otherwise, ask your GM. I'd say all devices are equipped with voice recognition software and it's no problem.
>>
>>43703162

Bribe money to keep the rangers from shooting you for poaching in a wilderness preserve, money to pay more experienced scouts and guides to escort you to safer forage spots. You can also give fresh food since that is really rare in the sixth world and people would kill to eat fruit.

A Low Comfort, Luxury Necessity implies you live at a farm where you pay taxes to the local landowner to not send thugs to burn down your farm.
>>
>>43706365
>>
Can you still fight non-lethally unarmed if you have cyberlimbs or bone lacing, or will it stay Physical no matter what?

And can you hold your attacks back and roll less than all 30 of your dice for every blow?
>>
>>43706377
>Yes, even your underwear has RFID tags that are constantly connected to the Matrix.
>tfw this is one of the retarded setting fluff things that makes the 5e matrix rules unplayable by raw
>>
>>43706501
How does it make matrix unplayable?
>>
>>43706514
Matrix perception checks and noise
>>
>>43706482

There's called shots for the former, more or less.

But you're basically trying to inflict minor damage when hitting someone with a steel baseball bat. It's hard.
>>
>>43706578
How do they affect Noise? I mean, besides reducing it by being retranslators and stuff.
>>
>>43706378
my group's sammy. the player posted a pic of her they got in a drawthread and it spread.
>>
>>43706664
Oh I'm sure Chica spread real nice
>>
>>43706578
Isn't it only a problem if you are trying to run your entire bag of wireless-enabled RFID tags silently hooked to the matrix? Yeah, everything you buy shows up online but, similarly, all that has wireless functionality can be turned off.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the problem here.
>>
what kind of abilities should an epic level technomancer have?

cranking up standard sorts of magic in reasonably interesting ways seems fairly easy, but I'm kinda hitting a wall on what to have a high end technomancer do other than throw moar dice around and that doesn't seem suitably epic enough for someone who's supposed to be a centerpiece NPC of a story.
>>
>>43706365
You still get notoriety for rocking too hard.
>>
>>43706932
All the scary shit that normies think technomancers can do? He can.

>emulate extremely sophisticated and advanced programs and software like tacnets
>straight up ignore rules of the Matrix, like marks, GOD, and Host defenses
>machine sprites are powerful enough to make drones move like spirit-possessed vessels
>datatrail is obscured in realtime such that even your imagelink or cybereyes get only a blurred, pixelated rendition of what you can see of his face in person
>appears in multiple Hosts and on multiple trid screens at a time, even while interacting in meatspace
>can interface with throwbacks just by touching them
>can "assense" living things and machines by reading their electric fields, even detect them through walls
>projects his own electric field to gain physical superpowers like magnetic levitation and shockskin

He's an NPC, just go hogwild.
>>
>>43707136
>>projects his own electric field to gain physical superpowers like magnetic levitation and shockskin

The rest of them are OK, but this is just dumb. Make technos the God in the Machine, don't go full Matrix and make 'good with computers=Jesus'.
>>
>>43706932
He's an "Average Joe" but his Sprites are full A.I. with Resonance powers.
>>
>>43706932
One thing I'd go for if he's a baddie is that even if you kill him in meatspace, he survives as his matrix persona. (And presumably he's got some kind of resonance realm to hide from GOD in, or possibly just has the ability to tell GOD to fuck off.)
>>
>>43707458
>if he's a baddie

Depends on the players. They are going to be hired to extract the technomancer from a shady research facility, the inside of which is divided into a series of security areas e.g level 1 is just a jail more or less, level 2 has Faraday cage cells, level 3 has mirror coating and shit everywhere, level 4 is matrix isolated and is full of unnetworked noise makers, level 5 has a checkpoint with a bunch of ominous signs about no 'wared employees beyond this point and a place to check in your datapad and comlink and the like, even the lightbulbs have independently isolated faraday cages and all the power in the section is from an on-site generator on its own hardened grid.

A real horror show of a facility which is in turn itself obviously afraid of its own victims.
>>
>>43706476
That's a wyvern, not a dragon.
>>
>>43707750
Make sure to leave some implications that he might have done something real bad to end up in level five, leave the players wondering if they're going to end up freeing Magneto.
>>
>>43708160

I thought motherfucking faraday caged lightbulbs would be a fairly hefty "hey, think real hard about this thing you are doing" clue, but you're probably right.
>>
>>43705224

It should be noted that a Street Samurai cannot actually do most of the things in that video due to the system.
>>
>>43708724
He probably can if you slow the video down so that it takes 5 or 6 turns instead of 4. The only part I can't recall from the rules is the jump kick, but I think 5e Run & Gun has something like that.
>>
>>43708724
They cannot be 100% invisible and that's it.
>>
>>43708819
That was his mage/spirit buddy
>>
Would it be exploitative or otherwise bad to make a melee-oriented street samurai who is incompetent in Firearms, but has basic grasp of Heavy Weapons and Gunnery?
>>
>>43709041
An LMG is almost an assault rifle, get the one that can fire in burst or full auto. You'll have trouble hiding it in your pants, though.
>>
>>43709041
Eh, I'd allow it. At least if we go mohawk-ish. For me personally, Incompetent is a generally bad quality, at least in the way it's treated.
>>
>>43709108
Would powered breakdown help?

>>43709123
It is a bad quality (unless you take it for a group no one uses), that's why I wonder if taking it for small(-ish) arms and then still using a variety of big guns with no penalty is okay.
>>
>>43709267
>Would powered breakdown help?

Only if the worst you can expect is a casual visual check from a bored security guard.
>>
>>43709267
Well, rule-wise it's legal. Rest depends on your GM/group. I would make it dependent on WHY you are Incompetent in Firearms. If, I dunno, your fingers are thicker than an average troll's so you can only use FUKHUEG weapons, it makes some sort of a sense. Cheesy, but internally logical.
>>
So how do riggers work, essentially?
Is there a limit of how many drones you can have active at once? I know there is a limit of how many autosofts you can have running, which is equivalent to the device rating of your rigger console
But can't you simply install said autosoft into the drone itself and then have three, four drones irrespective of your console?

also, is a control rig as necessary as the (admittedly: German) rulebook makes it sound? Is it needed or could you just NOT have it and have a datajack to jack into the rigger command console instead? Maybe I'm just reading this wrong
>>
>>43709374
Control Rig is required to jump into vehicles. I assume anyone can control drones in VR using nothing but RCC and some sort of DNI, or even just a commlink and AR interface.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.