[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: 1425500486435.jpg (79 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1425500486435.jpg
79 KB, 500x480
Pathfinder General /pfg/
>When you have characters in a game, how many backups do you tend to have?
>Are LE the best rulers to have if loyal to their country and word?

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW
Previous Thread: >>43667862
>>
Recommended equipment for a 10th level Arcanist 2nd Tier Mythic?
>>
Your waifu a shit.
>>
>>43675267
>When you have characters in a game, how many backups do you tend to have?

I tend to just make characters for fun now, and so I don't really have characters that are specifically intended to be my back-ups in most games- rather, any character I have that would be appropriate is a potential back-up character.

If they're loyal to their country more than their loyal to themselves, I'd argue they might just be LN instead of LE.
>>
>>43675267
Generally none. If a character dies (which is rare) or is retired, I'll build one as needed, but otherwise I don't go out of my way to build full backups.

Ideas for characters, sure, but not sheets or builds.
>>
File: TATARI.png (50 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
TATARI.png
50 KB, 512x512
>>43675267
>This is how I Dread with the Mindborn template
>>
Daily reminder that people are literal mongoloids who will never stop asking for Bestiary 5 early even though they know it's out Wednesday.

Daily reminder that this always happens.

Daily reminder that they will pretend there is nothing wrong with this.

Daily reminder that your waifu will never be real.
>>
>>43675401
I just want more kawaii qlippoths.
>>
File: Sylvanas_Windrunner.jpg (54 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Sylvanas_Windrunner.jpg
54 KB, 500x750
>>43675267

Yes.
>>
>>43675349
Saint Olga was some shit
She was a good leader, but certianly fucked up.
LE, but loyal to here people.
The best way to be a king/queen/regent/leader I think.
Discworld and Terry said it best, as he often does, not quoting but, you can have good people being terrible kings, and evil people being great kings
>>
File: chernobue.png (2 MB, 921x1196) Image search: [Google]
chernobue.png
2 MB, 921x1196
>>43675499
I think we can all agree that this is the most kawaii qlippoth.
>>
File: 1425489561359.jpg (546 KB, 860x1219) Image search: [Google]
1425489561359.jpg
546 KB, 860x1219
>>43675597
dammit, *her people
and I forget the pic
>>
File: 1022058328820347056.png (288 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
1022058328820347056.png
288 KB, 636x358
How well do Soulknives and Aegi multiclass? If I wanted to be a Forgemaster Cleric with Soulknife stuff, what would be the best way to do so? I ask mainly because I'm trying to determine some stuff regarding homebrew setting clerical training
>>
>>43675873
Soulknife multiclasses okay, because its mind blade progression only goes so far. Aegis multiclasses decenty well because their abilities are never really /bad/.

For the soulknife, if you grab Fighter's Blade and Natural Blade, you have up to six levels to play with of mind blade progression before you need to go back to either soulknife or a mind blade progressing PrC.
>>
>>43675873
Thanks to Student of the Astral Suit the Aegis multiclasses very well.

Same goes for Soulknife and Fighter's Blade, although Soulknife multiclasses slightly worse
>>
File: 1433257273133.jpg (51 KB, 650x799) Image search: [Google]
1433257273133.jpg
51 KB, 650x799
>>43675910
Natural Blade?
>>
>>43675989
Trait from Psionics Augmented: Soulknife. Basically a +2 effective soulknife level, up to hit dice, ala the Magical Knack and Practiced Initiator traits.
>>
>>43675873
Metaforge itself, the PRC, is not really much good.
However, Conceptually, a metaforge -ie combining those two classes- always turns out well.

Almost any type of Aegis and any type of Soulknife are going to amplify each-other if done right.
>>
Any good multiclass options for psychic warrior?

Also which is better Elan or Meanid?
>>
It's evil to not give a shit about innocents dying, right? You don't just whistle on your way past an urchin stabbing another urchin with knives "because I'm neutral", do you?
>>
>>43676104
No, see, Good would be stopping them, Neutral would be "not my problem," and Evil would be telling them to fight harder so you'll pay the winner.
>>
>>43675910
>>43675985
Thank you Anons, you have pleased the Goddess of Seeking Heaven Through Discipline and Creation.
Now she won't be laughed at by the other divine-minds of the Triumvirate: The God of Seeking Heaven Through Virtue and Becoming, and The God of Seeking Heaven Through Cunning and Realization.

Now I just have to get around to actually writing up the setting.
>>
>>43676049
A small part of the growth loss can be compensated for with crystalline focus items, as both those classes get basically no feats.

Nevertheless, there is no larger Cpt boosting feat than Student of the Astral Suit, and Fighter's Blade does compensate for quite a bit. For all you lose you do gain a lot with those two feats, and the ability to treat your weapon as 2 sizes higher (yourself one size larger when it's advantageous as well) and/or get extra arms and flight and everything does add up quite wonderfully.

Now, where it really gets insane is if you were to play gestalt...
>>
>>43676164
WHYYY
>>
>>43676234
Because alignment is bullshit.

Alignment is not morality. The four directions are cosmic truths that sometimes line up with ethics, but are their own thing entirely.
>>
So /pfg/, how would I build a rescue girl?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQAMHnmGZZ4
>>
>>43675349
>If they're loyal to their country more than their loyal to themselves, I'd argue they might just be LN instead of LE.
I agree.

>>43675597
Why is she a saint if she was evil? What did she do exactly?
>>
>>43676234
Because that's what neutral means. You are conditioned to good alignment being the norm because you live in a predominantly good-aligned country.

Would an animal interfere in a fight between two other animals of the same species that it didn't know?
>>
>>43676399
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev
>The Drevlians sent twenty of their best men to persuade Olga to marry their Prince Mal and give up her rule of Kievan Rus. She had them buried alive. Then she sent word to Prince Mal that she accepted the proposal, but required their most distinguished men to accompany her on the journey in order for her people to accept the offer of marriage. The Drevlians sent their best men who governed their land. Upon their arrival, she offered them a warm welcome and an invitation to clean up after their long journey in a bathhouse. After they entered, she locked the doors and set fire to the building, burning them alive.
>>
>>43675267
Which publisher is SoP?
>>
>>43676164
No, see, Good would stop them, Neutral would pause and contemplate whether or not it is his problem, and evil will also pause and contemplate the situation but instead think about whether there's something he can gain from it.
>>
>>43676479
Drop Dead Studios
>>
>>43676399
She is actually above a saint I think, her title is 'Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Olga'
it is because she spread christianity around her country and made it the official religion
>>
Our GM wants us to throw together a Wiki for the game we're currently in. What software is best for Wikis? How the hell do you parse information for shit like that? It's a god damn nightmare.
>>
Beginner here, never played RPG games before, and while going throughout the core rule book, I can't understand the interpretation of this :
A rogue adds 1/2 her level to Perception skill checks made to locate traps and to Disable Device skill checks (minimum +1)

Does the "1!2" mean half ? Thus the LV1 Rogue will get a +1 on the disable device skill checks ?
>>
>>43676532
By fucking murdering everybody else, it would appear.

A true adventuring cleric.
>>
>>43676566
Yup
LE but a good leader
>>
>>43676563
1/2 means half, yes. That is how fractions work. A level 1 rogue would add +1 on the checks, yes.
>>
>>43676563
Basically 1/2 means at level 2/4/6/8/etc you add a +1 to the checks.

However, the bonus BEGINS at +1, so in reality, you get +1 from 1st to 3rd instead of just at levels 2 and 3.
>>
>>43676234
The difference between Evil and Neutral is about a micron thick. In many circumstances, there isn't one. Neither character would innately give a fuck about some street rats having it out.
>>
>>43676454
I don't see how that was in the best interests of her people, unless the Drevlians were at war with her.

How is she honored as a saint? What the fuck is wrong with Christianity?!
>>
>>43676614
I literally posted why like 2 posted under that one
she spread it
and she was a bitch, but aquired land and riches for her people
>>
>>43676612
Paizo pls
>>
>>43676634
It still doesn't make any sense. Plus I wrote that before you posted but had to do the captcha again.
>>
>>43676647
Good is the one defined by going out of your way to try help just because "it's the right thing to do." Neither N or E feel compelled to invest themselves for such reasons, and are free to act for their own interests. The alignment system is incredibly arbitrary in many respects to begin with, and heavily flavored by random biases that aggregate together until nothing makes sense.
>>
>>43676586
>>43676588
Thank you guys !
>>
>>43676612
The line may be thin, but it's still there uncrossed in some people.

>>43676614
What part of death cult don't you understand?
All of that "turn the other cheek" and "forgiveness" crap is ONLY ever used as a defensive argument.

It's all "Burn the witch, tithe the poor, purge the mutant, kill the heretic, annihilate the very dreams and families of the truly non-believers" until someone puts you on the spot and asks "hey, isn't that pretty fucking murderous? also I'm calling the cops, stabbing someone to death just for being gay or something is a motherfucking crime", at which point you go all "HOW CAN YOU! WE, A RELIGION THAT PREACHES PEACE AND LOVE OF THE FELLOW MAN! YOU ARE SAYING YOU HATE AND DISAPPROVE OF FORGIVING AND LOVING, HOW CAN YOU BE SO EVIL! YOU WOULD INTERFERE WITH OUR VERY BELIEFS! HELP! HELP!!!! WE'RE BEING PERSECUTED!!!!!"

That's what that shit is for. Expand, consume and assimilate for the profit of your highest members (the lowest are chattel and meatshields), and play the victim when someone tries to call you out on it or worse yet attempt to defend their family.

Every religion's more or less the same on that front, hell, even some bits of buddhism.
>>
>>43676694
Good also implies traditionally good methods-A character with good objectives but uses the wrong methods (For example, constant use of spells with the evil descriptor) would fall to neutral.
>>
>>43676454
>With the best and wisest men out of the way, she planned to destroy the remaining Drevlians. She invited them to a funeral feast so she could mourn over her husband's grave, where her servants waited on them. After the Drevlians were drunk, Olga's soldiers killed over 5,000 of them. She returned to Kiev and prepared an army to attack the survivors. The Drevlians begged for mercy and offered to pay for their freedom with honey and furs. She asked for three pigeons and three sparrows from each house, since she did not want to burden the villagers any further after the siege. They were happy to comply with such a reasonable request.

>Now Olga gave to each soldier in her army a pigeon or a sparrow, and ordered them to attach by thread to each pigeon and sparrow a piece of sulfur bound with small pieces of cloth. When night fell, Olga bade her soldiers release the pigeons and the sparrows. So the birds flew to their nests, the pigeons to the cotes, and the sparrows under the eaves. The dove-cotes, the coops, the porches, and the haymows were set on fire. There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught on fire at once. The people fled from the city, and Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them. Thus she took the city and burned it, and captured the elders of the city. Some of the other captives she killed, while some she gave to others as slaves to her followers. The remnant she left to pay tribute.

Bitch is cold.

I don't get it. What caused the coops to set on fire? The sulfur? I don't get what the point of the birds was.
>>
>>43676777
>hell, even some bits of buddhism.
You're going to need some evidence to convince me of that. Any examples?
>>
>>43676838
Not him, but I imagine this is related. Particularly the wars bit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism_and_violence
>>
>>43676777
>holy trips

The irony is palpable.
>>
>>43676838
one quick search on wiki already gives this:
>In the 1970s, nationalist Buddhist monks like Phra Kittiwuttho argued that killing Communists did not violate any of the Buddhist precepts. The militant side of Thai Buddhism became prominent again in 2004 when a Malay Muslim insurgency renewed in Thailand's deep south. Since January 2004, the Thai government has converted Buddhist monasteries into military outposts and commissioned Buddhist military monks and give support for Buddhist vigilante squads

There's also examples given of militant groups in mynamar, etc. "Pacifism" is just that thing you preach until you outnumber and outgun the other guy, at which point "well it's okay because we had reasons".
>>
>>43676838
Anon >>43676876 got to it before me, but my parents are from thailand. The architecture and dress codes aren't the same, but it's pretty much what you'd expect out of a southern church.

>Be good to one-another, except those guys there, fuck those guys
>Do not harm others, except right now we really want those dumb fucks off that lot so we can sell it off as condos
>Preach peace; our weapon shipments haven't arrived yet.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>43676777
>>
>>43676948
>Monk vigilante squads
YES
>>
Can someone tell Gareth that Skylancer is being a faggot on the Paizo boards again? Thanks.
>>
>>43677019
Actually, I'm not even atheist.
But there's a difference between believing in higher powers and being blind to *how* they got everything covered in gold at Vatican City.
>>
>>43677062
Who is Skylancer, why would Gareth care, and why don't you tell him yourself, since he's fairly often right here? Actually curious.
>>
>>43677089
In order

Skylancer is a faggot on the paizo boards with a vendetta on Path of War. I agree with most of his opinions, but he has a habit of derailing threads like a dick.

Gareth cares because it affects sales.

Gareth hasn't posted in this thread, I assume he's not here right now.
>>
>>43676948
That doesn't sound evil.
>>
>>43677170
So what is the faggot saying this time?
>>
>>43677306
Baiting a Core martials vs Path of War debate in a thread dedicated to talking about fun 3PP that they use.
>>
>>43677337
Has someone tried using the "Jar of cookies" analogy against him, or is he just that much if an idiot
>>
>>43677062
>>43677170
>>43677306
Are there ever productive discussions on the Paizo forums? Over here on /tg/ I get a poor impression of them, what with moderators deleting and locking threads for being "problematic", the devs being the devs, and hordes of Paizodrones backing them up, but I am open to the possibility that I'm getting a biased view of things since I don't actually go to the Paizo forums myself, except for the rare occasion that /pfg/ starts to get involved with a particular on-going discussion there.
>>
>>43677406
Occasionally. Most of the time no, but there have been.
>>
>>43677406
Paizo forums are pretty shit, except AM HELLKNIGHT, love that guy.
>>
Friendly reminder that Pharasma is the strongest Diety.
>>
>>43677440
Is there any relation to AM BARBARIAN?
>>
>>43677406
Basically the only worthwhile places are the Advice and Third Party Product subforums on Paizo boards. They're great, all else is cancer.
>>
>>43677451

Nah, the strongest deity is our lord and savior Pun-Pun, god of cheese.
>>
>>43677481
Doesn't exist in Pathfinder retard.
>>
>>43677460
Not that I know of, AM HELLKNIGHT is pretty inspirational if you ever want to play a Paladin/Hellknight. Check him out.
>>
I'm aware. Don't go picking a fight. Y'all should know by now that I'm always watching.
>>
>>43677495

Technically speaking, Pharisma only exists within Golarion, which, while it is Paizo's official setting, is far from the only Pathfinder setting.

3.p+3pp is the only way to play, anyway.
>>
>>43677369
Well Skylancer has a pretty good understanding of a lot of Path of War's problems. He just doesn't know where to say it.

Ex: Early game rocket tag, unclear wordings, several items were ignored in playtest, bad comparative balance of disciplines, "brick" characters with no dicernable weaknesses, tons of untyped bonuses (imagine if you could benefit from two Inspire Courages simultaneously), inconsistent intradiscipline balance, ect.
>>
>>43677451
That's not how you spell Papa Oino
>>
File: 1433923150552.jpg (116 KB, 743x940) Image search: [Google]
1433923150552.jpg
116 KB, 743x940
>>43676538
This actually sounds like a good idea, I'd like an answer too.
>>
>>43677547
All I heard from your post was "Pharasma is top God."

3pp doesn't exclude the setting of Golarion.
>>
>>43677547
Anyone ever done a game with two settings mashing up? Like, literally, as in the plot is "Hey, the gods are all kinda worried about that other multiverse hurtling towards our own" or "Rifts are starting to open up to some other place, not just an undiscovered plane but something BEYOND the planes".

I'm not the only one to think that could be interesting, pending the right settings are chosen and the implementation is okay, right?
>>
>>43677597
All things being worked on, as you know.
>>
>>43677638
Spelljammer is fairly popular, yes.
>>
>>43677606
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>43677622
>spoiler

Sure. Golarion can exist within 3.5's cosmology as well, though. I'd love to see a smackdown between some of the higher-tier gods from the Great Wheel and Pharisma. Ao would probably kick her ass, but he gives no fucks about anything outside of Toril anyway, so he's out.

How are we ranking gods here, anyway? Favorite? Raw power (Vecna and Boccob probably win there)? Influence?

>>43677638
Planescape and Spelljammer are intertwined in the fluff, and each of the D&D settings exists within the same multiverse as every other one, so yeah. I'm actually in a game currently involving a future version of Greyhawk, with influences from gods from Faerun and magic from Eberron being around.
>>
>>43677686
Probably a literal one.
>>
>>43677686
Google search it. Digital art gallery.
>>
>>43677696
>How are we ranking gods here, anyway? Favorite? Raw power (Vecna and Boccob probably win there)? Influence?

Favorite and Influence.

Obviously 3.5 has some raw power gods, but in Golarion Pharasma controls where souls go, so she controls how powerful all the other Gods are. Souls=Power.
>>
File: Lady of Pain.png (439 KB, 444x580) Image search: [Google]
Lady of Pain.png
439 KB, 444x580
>>43677696
Oh, and pic related would win between all of them, but she sticks to her city and isn't a deity, so she's not in the running either.

I want to play a Ravenloft game where everyone's from a different setting, including someone from Golarion. Can you imagine some of the interactions the characters would have, just from discussing where they're from?
>>
>>43677650
I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys change Warders so they don't have comparable damage to a Warlord while simulatenously being strong at every save.
>>
>>43677638
That's my default home brew campaign
>>
Reposting for more ideas:

Our dm is running a grimdark ebil occult campaign where shoggoths are popping up.

Aside from throwing colour sprays and glitterdust about everywhere, what can I do to fuck with people? Planning on spamming Mad Monkeys as soon as I get the spell.

I will get waves of ecstasy as soon as possible, and I plan to be casting grease on anyone in the monkey swarm.
>>
/pfg/, question for you re adventure paths. I've never used one, and I'm wondering how intermeshed they are with the default Pathfinder setting. Can they be adapted to a homebrew setting without too much pain? I'm not averse to saving myself some encounter design, but our table has basically zero interesting in adapting everything to Golarion.
>>
>>43675361
Is it even possible to be both Mindborn and a vampire?
>>
>>43677696
How is Vecna anywhere close to strongest god? What is so good about him? He's not even a greater deity.
>>
>>43677696
Ao isn't the strongest, though, there's that one scene of him talking to his Master.
>>
>>43677869
Vecna almost broke the multiverse once. It caused the 3rd edition.
>>
>>43677696
Torm smacked down the goddess of magic, so I'd put him in the running
>>
>>43677900
Where?
>>
What are some broken things to make a simulacrum of?
>>
>>43677747
In that case, yeah. Within Golarion, Pharasma is probably near all-powerful. Soul control is a hell of a drug.

For favorites, I have always liked some of the greater demons for thematics, but they're not gods. Vecna is awesome (dude was responsible for Third Edition D&D existing and could be seen as the reason for Caster Edition, given that he's a wizard), Kurtulmak is cool, Erastil is great, Pharasma is... Okay. I'm not a fan of her "undead are icky, so they're [evil]" attitude, but I can respect the cosmic blackmail she's got going on.

My favorite god, though, is Mellifleur, a NE god of liches and magic. His ascendance was an accident; on the eve of some dark cosmic event/alignment of moons/whatever, he was undergoing the ritual to turn himself into a lich. By some ridiculous coincidence, he was doing his ritual at the exact same time as a /whole bunch/ of other dark rituals, including at least one ascendance ritual (we know that Nerull was trying to elevate Kyuss to godhood at that time). Something went wrong, and all of the evil divine power during that time went to Mellifleur.

As a result, almost every evil god hates his guts, and he hates them back. He has been known to send his aid to the forces of Good when it suits him or when they're fighting one of his enemies. His followers include a lot of liches, so they can pull off some hilarious stuff. I'm imagining a reverse scry-and-die where a lich teleports in to save a bunch of paladins, then leaves just as abruptly, leaving everyone confused.
>>
>>43677900
Isn't Ao also in Golarion as the entity that split in two to create ASmodeus and his brother?
>>
>>43677949
Yourself.
>>
>>43677935
The wiki says it was Waterdeep, the third book of the Avatar Series, by Troy Denning.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Ao
"And how does your cosmos fare, Ao?" The voice was at once both gentle and admonishing.

"They have restored the balance, Master. The Realms are once again secure."
>>43677953
Not that I know of.
>>
>>43677787
The average player doesn't give a shit whether their medieval fantasy adventure setting has stuff from another medieval fantasy adventure setting. I don't think anyone has any illusions of their FR campaign staying or becoming canonical to the Drizzt series, even if they overrun Faerun in undead. Effectively every table has its own canon.
>>
>>43677949
Anything, in large enough numbers. Remember, Simulacrum can be fueled with Blood Money.

>>43677979
No, never mind, they both came from something called "The Seal". I don't know why I always make that mistake and mix it up with Ao; it's not the first time I've done it.
>>
>>43677949
Nocticula's simulacrum can give you a +6 bonus to one stat as a hepped-up version of the succubus profane gift.
>>
File: casualgrump1.png (160 KB, 567x909) Image search: [Google]
casualgrump1.png
160 KB, 567x909
Hey, /pfg/! How did your last session go?

In the Mythic campaign, the party has liberated Korranberg. We knew it wouldn't have been long until the enemy forces realize they've lost the communications hub of the country, so we've set off for Zolanberg to take back the Lightning Rail and prevent any more soldiers from coming into the country. We've hit a little mishap, however, and have found the Lightning Rail in disrepair; wreckage and bodies of enemy and allied forces alike littering the tunnels of the underground city beneath Zolanberg known as the Doom Vault.

Our Rogue thought it would have been a good idea to burst in guns-a-blazing, but was nearly killed by a pair of Titan Maulers. First encounter. To quote the player, "Our game is lubricated with the constant flow of halfling blood." So things are going great.

Still working on things for Lilly while wrestling with concepts for Steelforge. Sinus congestion can go fuck itself.
>>
File: Lord_Ao.jpg (230 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Ao.jpg
230 KB, 752x1063
I HEARD SOME BITCH GLUED TO HER CHAIR WAS TALKING SHIT.
>>
>>43678067
Go cry back to your Master about your shithole planet of retarded deities, loser.
>>
File: vecna.jpg (87 KB, 280x480) Image search: [Google]
vecna.jpg
87 KB, 280x480
>>43677953
Different Ao, just like that's a different Asmodeus.

>>43677900
I do recall that. Ao's still pretty top-tier as far as power goes.

>>43677869
Vecna may not be a greater god, but his power is far beyond what his rank would say. His portfolio includes Secrets and Intrigue, meaning that he instantly knows when and where either of those are going down in a way that involves 500 or more individuals. He has the ability to instantly know anyone's entire history by percieving them, has Alter Reality, full casting from both cleric and wizard, and all sorts of OP abilities that D&D gods get. On top of his raw statistics, he's the god of secrets. He has dirt on literally everyone, has the ability to make people living secrets (permanently erasing them from the memory of everything in existence), and would be able to mobilize a shit-ton of power if he ever actually needed to. He can also do anything within his portfolio (which is pretty damn broad) as a free action ten times per round. He is the embodiment of schrodinger's wizard.

Vecna is also one of the only beings to have truly escaped Ravenloft when it didn't want to let him go, the only god to have been to Sigil and made it out alive, and is directly responsible for a multiversal shift (his shenanigans with Ravenloft and Sigil warped the structure of the planes, changing reality from AD&D to Third Edition).

Vecna is OP as fuck.
>>
>>43677952
>Accidental Lich God who helps out Good Gods out of spite

Now that's neat.

I like Pharasma, Lamashtu (Bodybuilders rejoice), and Cayden Cailen. But I bet I share those with lots of people.
>>
>>43678065
my neck got broken by an orc monk and we all ended up on another planet.

Next session is in an hour
>>
>>43678065
How much does Lilly charge to sit on people's faces?
>>
>>43678065
Could have been better, didn't personally do a lot though general party RP happened. Instead I did the math on how to create a space catapult without using magic, and it turns out it's fucking expensive.
>>
>>43678184
Explain.
>>
>>43677597
>"brick" characters with no dicernable weaknesses
That's not a flaw - 'brick' characters that are secretly made of glass thanks to a stupidly exploitable weakness is a flaw.
>>
>>43678120
Oh yeah, I forgot. He doesn't just have full casting; he can knows all wizard spells and can spontaneously cast them, on top of the full casting and Better Wish at-will.
>>
>>43678120
>has the ability to make people living secrets
Source?

>he instantly knows when and where either of those are going down in a way that involves 500 or more individuals.
Where are you getting that?

>>43677919
I thought you were making a joke about 3rd edition being broken.
>>
>>43678146
for some reason, I've always really liked Lamashtu. I don't go in for the madness part, but motherhoods always really appealed to me, and her focus on group is pretty strong; her clerics that aren't insane are instead focused on helping communities thrive.

Of course, she's still horribly destructive because, you know, Demon. But ah well.
>>
>>43678065
In my Reign of Winter campaign, my cavalier has somehow survived into the Clock Tower in Whitethrone and is now the only original party member left. We've all agreed that he's the main character on this campaign and we hope he'll survive through the entire adventure.
>>
>>43678065
Who is Lilly?
>>
>>43678293

>Vecna can sense the discovery, recording, or sharing of any secret that affects at least five hundred people (such secrets might be political such as a secret alliance, or personal such as a leader’s illness).

Portfolio Sense is a stupidly strong ability.

The living secret is from the Vecna-Blooded template, which wipes you from memory when you get it. It also gives you some bonuses to casting and the ability to disappear from the memory of things that are literally in the same room as you 1/day. It also makes you outright immune to being detected by divinations, even if you lose the template later.
>>
>>43678293
Nope Vecna literally created 3rd edition by fucking the multiverse. Die Vecna Die! is the campaign if you are interested.
>>
>>43677984

To clarify, I'm more interested in saving myself work than setting continuity. Will the quests, NPCs, etc. mostly reference Golarion stuff, or is it generic enough that I can drop it into my own setting without having to rewrite everything? I'm not interested if I'm just going to have to hand-tune everything to my own setting, because then I might as well design every encounter without the path.
>>
>>43677958
>>43678035
>>43678058
Is there any simple way to make simulacrum reasonable?
>>
>>43678322
The baby batter barbarian in that picture.
>>
>>43678293
Nope. The justification in-setting of 3e is that Vecna broke it. It being the setting.

>>43678346
I think the template says specifically that only yourself and Vecna can actually figure anything out about you without physically looking at you.

Oh, no, I just looked. It says that everything from before you gained the template, including your name, is forgotten and lost to everyone except you (you being you) and Vecna (Vecna being the guy who you got it from).
>>
>>43678193
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIk7bGqK6U4
>>
>>43678384
No.
>>
>>43678347
So the PCs fail in Die Vecna Die? How lame.
>>
>>43678065
Why do people use little dots like that to shade things?
>>
>>43678445
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointillism

It's a reasonably effective way to do shading/texture with minimal effort. It's also a weeb thing because a lot of manga did/do it.
>>
>>43678427
No, breaking the multiverse is the good end.
>>
>>43678065
Finally confronted the Lich who had been raising undead all over the desert. He had his vampire buddy trick us into gathering the materials for his ascension ritual, which we were pretty peeved about.

It was our second mythic challenge (The first one was gathering 9 headbands tied to the outer planes for what we now know was Nethys so that he could give us the power to change the world.)

The fight took place on the animated corpse of Ulunat, which used to house Sothis.

He was using the fight with us to animate his Lich waifu, The Harlot Queen. As he dealt damage to us, she would appear sitting in his Throne.

Or that's how it would have gone, if our worshipper of the Fire God hadn't hulked out all in fire form and. no shit, triple crit the fucker on our first round of combat. Lich goes down, we all celebrate In Character. Out of Character we had just started the session like 10 minutes before. The DM had to take a second.

When the DM had collected himself we went back into the game, where the Harlot Queen was holding off Pharasma for a short time so the Lich turned into a spirit to fight us. We defeated him, saving the world from an undead menace.
>>
>>43678307
Lamashtu is so great. I love abominations and she provides an avenue for creating them.
>>
>>43678384
Well at the very least it needs the line that requires you to have a piece of whatever you want to replicate.

>>43678058
>making a simulacrum of a 36HD demon lord
great plan
>>
File: boots1.png (54 KB, 446x459) Image search: [Google]
boots1.png
54 KB, 446x459
>>43678152
Goody fun.

>>43678155
That is yet to be known.

>>43678322
She's one of my oldest characters who's finally seeing play. Weirdly in two settings; She's a Warlord in an Eberron campaign (Same setting and GM as Mythic, but set ten years prior,) and the other is Future Faerun where she's being used to playtest the homebrew Emperor class.

>>43678388
I don't want to know, do I?

>>43678445
Half-toning. Cheap shit means of adding some shading and texturing.
>>
>>43678476
Well, I don't like it in greyscale. Also, I don't think it counts as pointillism unless the dots form an image. Thanks though.
>>
>>43678065
We spent the second consecutive session making characters. Not making this up.
>>
>>43678523
I like her, but I feel like it's hard to do anything with her without it seeming like it's magical realm, or having your players think you're getting off on it due to her themes.
>>
>>43678524
>making a simulacrum of a 36HD demon lord
If that's a sarcastic tone I'm sensing, you can do that at level 18.
>>
>>43678615
Don't be afraid, embrace the magical realm. Buy a mask of the mother and fuck everything in sight. Birth horrible mostrosities. All is allowed under the Mother of Monsters.
>>
>>43678065

Went well enough. My players fucked up a social encounter and turned it into a battle, then fled into a chokepoint where enemy reinforcements were coming from. It turned out to be just tough enough to be challenging for them, which can be hard for me to estimate (my table novas well but does it inconsistently).

My boss NPC successfully disarmed our kensai, and I'm glad to see he pulled it off. The kensai's player is probably the most experience player, so he won't be too inconvenienced until he recovers his sword. Still, establishing the NPC as a swordsman to take seriously will make the campaign more interesting from here on out.
>>
>>43678615
>>43678643
I'm actually planning on a neutral evil or chaotic evil cleric character that worships Lamashtu. Idea is there's a Drakainia that took up residence in the caverns below her home city and started exerting its influence. Lots of mutations and a Lamashtu cult coming into power got everything to reorganize and resulted in a pretty strong direction for that.

The character herself is going to be the party mom, making sure everybody is happy, well fed, and playing matchmaker if need be, and if the group ever comes across any babies of any kind, she'll do her best to help either take care of them or return them to the parents.

Being a T1 caster with some of the best domain selection in the game helps.
>>
>>43678806
How does

>making sure everybody is happy, well fed, and playing matchmaker if need be, and if the group ever comes across any babies of any kind, she'll do her best to help either take care of them or return them to the parents.

Fit Lamashtu, beyond the broadest strokes of the word "mother"? Genuinely curious, I mean, because these aren't really things I'd attribute to Lamashtu (or a NE/CE character, for that matter).

Also,
>Being a T1 caster with some of the best domain selection in the game helps.

Desna reporting in.
>>
>>43678065
>New player wants to join
>They decide to play a callous CN rogue, who was abandoned by his former party (slave traders the party is hunting down) in the middle of the dungeon and left to die
>When they appear he acts condescending to everyone, and the party leader gets really mad and neither of them budge, this gets to the point the party leader tries to punch him in the face, but rolls too low to hit
>Things still get really heated
>As GM I'm really worried this might put the new guy off, though I'm also thinking 'why on earth are you trying to act tough when the party outnumbers you 4 to 1'

>Session ends and both the party leader player and the rogue player say 'that was fun, good session'
>Neither of them were put off and I was just worrying too much
>>
>>43678931
As I recall, Inner Sea Gods specifically states that Lamashtan clerics that aren't completely crazy tend to be helpful individuals focused on thriving communities, because a thriving community means a larger population and thus sex, which leads to babies in a positive feedback loop.

>Desna
Yes yes, I know. that'd be the point of the "some of"
>>
Got a question:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/kami/kami-shikigami
What does it mean by:

"A spellcaster must have the Improved Familiar feat, an alignment of lawful neutral, and an arcane caster level of 7th or higher to gain a shikigami familiar. Whenever a shikigami becomes a familiar, it treats its master as its ward."

What do they mean by ward in this context, do I get a fucking Stand or something?
>>
>>43679063
Speaking of Lamashtu, does anybody have the Mutant pages from Bestiary 5 saved? Been meaning to look at those.
>>
>>43679159
Look at the rules for the kami subtype.
>>
>>43679159
Looks like it.
>>
>>43679063
I guess so. It's just, I thought Lamashtu (and by extension her clerics) weren't just about babies, but strong children, particularly those possessed of monstrous strength, who can grow to overrun all others.

Also, obviously, the whole madness shtick, but we're already talking about the ones that aren't completely crazy.

>Yes yes, I know. that'd be the point of the "some of"

I'm just saying, the two having some rockin' domains. Probably my favorite sets of domains out of all the deities.
>>
>>43679159
>>43679242

It's still kind of confusing. The shikigami is listed as having a "minor work of civilization" as a ward and it's supposed to resemble its ward, yet it treats its master as its ward. So it's described like a tsukumogami that resembles a tool or item, yet it's also said to resemble it's master?
>>
File: jjba.jpg (29 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
jjba.jpg
29 KB, 500x371
>>43679440
From what i'm reading a natural shikigami starts off as a tool and looks like its ward, then when it becomes a familiar it'll look similar to its owner.
>>
>>43679371
>weren't just about babies, but strong children
Well, babies need to grow up to be strong you know, and the best way to handle that is by making sure the family sees it grow up. Turning a community into something similar to an extended family would be even better. It's an association thing; strong children don't mean much if they get eaten by a leopard because you left them to roam the wilds by themselves.

It occurs to me that a Lamashtan city off in the mountains or something would actually be a pretty happy place, full of life and helpful people because of all this. Of course, it'd also be an evil community, so the parents would totally be willing to let their kids help beat people to death that are a threat to the community. It'd also bring promiscuity to a whole new level.
>>
>>43676366
'Tricia's a Constable.
>>
Odd question, but are an Alchemist's bombs considered thrown weapons for the purposes of being discipline weapons? Was thinking of rolling up a Solar Wind/Tempest Gale/Elemental Flux bomber, especially since you get martial weapon proficiency for sweet comp longbows and Rapid Shot synergy with bombs.
>>
>>43679507
Well, they're considered thrown weapons for feats like close-range thrower and point blank shot, so one would assume yes.
>>
>>43679507
>>43679542
While they are considered both thrown weapons and splash weapons for the purposes of feats that affect those classifications, unfortunately Gareth has gone on record saying that bonbs are incompatible with maneuvers; throwing a bomb can't be done as part of a maneuver.
>>
File: 1349389727679.jpg (48 KB, 600x557) Image search: [Google]
1349389727679.jpg
48 KB, 600x557
>>43679565
THE FOOL
>>
>>43679565
Not even with Fast Bombs? I can get why it wouldn't work before that point since bombs are a standard action, but afterwards they should be attacks just like any other thrown item.
>>
>>43679590
Fast bombs might work. He's never answered about those specifically, and the answer he gave way back was because the actions weren't compatible.
>>
>>43679499
I dunno, there certainly are babies that are strong right from birth. I mean, look at what Drakania I can't be assed to figure out the right spelling every time pop out. And that's not to mention the kind of things that can result from Lamashtu's favor either, didn't Rise of the Runelord's first book feature a disgruntled Aasimar who birthed a monster?

What I imagine is more likely is that the parents would be totally willing to let their kids beat up the neighbor's kids, because ultimately the strongest kids are going to survive. I'd expect a lot of rape, violence, and savagery, so not much of a community at all so much as a bunch of angry and perverse people living in close proximity and worshiping the same deity.
>>
>>43679590
Sadly, Fast Bombs just lets you do full-attacks with your bombs, so by RAW, it works even less with maneuvers. Though, I suppose theoretically, you could do it if you had a maneuver that you initiated to let you do a full attack.

That said, two things; nothing stops you from using a boost and then hucking a bomb as your attack there, and based on the Fast Bombs example there's no reason you couldn't get a discovery to let you initiate with a bomb.
>>
>>43679639
I'll agree with you, but I think there has to be a level of moderation here; both seem like they'd be applicable, but more often we'll be looking at communities that are somewhere between the two extremes, with variance from individual to individual.

Kids would certainly be encouraged to fight, though.
>>
>>43679640
I could definitely see a discovery being done, something like:

Strike Bomb
When creating a bomb, the alchemist may expend a strike that can be used at range. The bomb deals two less dice of damage (minimum 1d6) and a creature directly struck by the bomb also suffers the effects of the strike. If the creature passes the Reflex save against the bomb, it automatically passes any save against the strike.
>>
>>43679756
Oh, forgot to mention that it can't be used with Fast Bombs.
>>
Do you side with Qlippoth or Demons?
>>
Do you think DSP would ever make a PrC for the Soulknife and/or Aegis that bumps up their enhancements higher and unlocks new blade / armor skills?
>>
>>43679849
Demons, they're much more fun.
>>
>>43679856
Do Reshape Mind Blade (unarmed strike) and Tashalatora still technically work? That was the best thing they ever had.
>>
>>43679849
No.
>>
>>43679756
I think one of the issues is that bombs are already powerful and versatile. Getting to Strike as well might be going a titch far.
>>
>>43679849
Demons. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die motorboating
>>
>>43679892
Just make it a star discovery so it can't be used with other bomb discoveries.
>>
>>43679849
Phyrexians.
>>
>>43679945
Hmmm. Yeah, I can see that working. Would need a proviso to stop it working with things like delayed bombs or a trapbreaker's landminea though.
>>
>>43678580
Wats an emperor do?
>>
>>43679975
Wouldn't work with those though as long as you require the strike to throw the bomb simultaneously. It's not like you can use a strike on a sword then put it down and expect the strike to still be active when you pick it back up.
>>
>>43679849
Qlippoth.
They were there first, damn it.
>>
>>43680015
... I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>43679994
Check the pastebin. It's an Akashic initiator with support capabilities. Radiant Sun is its unique discipline.
Updates soon
>>
>>43680078
Avoiding possible abuse from using landmines or delayed bombs to create delayed action strikes. You couldn't also use a strike, put down your sword, then pick it back up and have the strike still be active.
>>
>>43676538
>>43677606
Whoo, one hell of a late answer

Roll20's journal system and Pastebin is what my group usually uses, but that's understandably a little shite.

Wikia is free and not that hard to learn.
>>
>>43676538
>>43680196

I've used Obsidianportal, and I've had good results.
>>
File: 1411060878160.jpg (253 KB, 794x1080) Image search: [Google]
1411060878160.jpg
253 KB, 794x1080
>>43677451
That is patently false.
>>
>>43680405
You are patently retarded.
>>
>>43680173
I guess only because there's no simultaneity of actions. I'd still expect that if you were able to full attack with a strike and got disarmed in the middle of it, if you had Quick Draw, you'd still be able to pull out, say, a dagger, and finish the full attack. The clause about "making certain maneuvers impossible to complete" reads to me as applying to, say, strikes that require you to use a discipline weapon.
>>
>>43677451
>not Based God Rovagug
>>
>>43680553
Rub-a-dub-dub, three gugs in a tub.
>>
>>43678580
"Baby batter barbarian" AKA a barbarian that you want to fuck (come inside, hence "baby batter"). It's the same as Semen Demon but for a barbarian.
>>
File: 1446989861921.jpg (2 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
1446989861921.jpg
2 MB, 2512x1631
>>43679213
You're in-luck, anon!
>>
>>43680634
That one sucks though. They've gotta rhyme, like fluid druid.
>>
>>43680687
Who's that Baby Batter Bruiser
>>
>>43680726
A little better. Barbarian's a clunky word. Bonus points, it could be that baby batter is what she bruises when she knees you in the bollocks..
>>
Does anybody have the Asomi page?
>>
>>43680675
Thanks friend.
>>
>>43680833
No, it was only a dream.
>>
>>43680758
Babearian?
>>
>>43676802
>What caused the coops to set on fire? The sulfur? I don't get what the point of the birds was.
Translation is off. It's like Ivan the Terrible all over again (he is Formidable in Russian; don't ask me why English hate him so much).

In canonical version a rope got tied to each bird, and at the other end of the rope there was a burning ember attached.

I guess sulfur might've come from some versions that also mention cloth with sulfur wrapped around the ember (but none mention sulfur alone).

P.s. some historians suggest Olga's "fire-carrying birds" might be an euphemism for primitive rocketry (Greek fire from Byzantium) that got blown out of proportion.
>>
>>43680758
Who's that Baby Batter Babebarian

I am seriously reaching for this one aren't I.
>>
>>43680675
Holy shit this is strong as fuck.

>Free Haste every 1d4 rounds
>+4 to two ability scores
>Free Mage Armor constantly
>DR 5/-
>Flight
>A ton of options for at will Spell-Likes
>Fast Healing 5

Fragile and Misshapen are the least bad deformities.

If I could convince my DM to allow it I'd take this for my new Arcanist.
>>
>>43680936
Wouldn't work, look what it says under mutations.
>A mutant that gains additional Hit Dice after acquiring this template does not gain additional mutations.
>>
>>43680967
Even having 2 of those options is strong as fuck. One for acquiring the template one for having deformities.
>>
>>43680936
I forgot

>IMMUNITY TO MIND AFFECTING EFFECTS
>>
>>43680936
I could actually imagine this template being an excuse - like, mom and dad were wizards, and their magical works messed with you while you were in the womb. So, you follow the family tradition of wizardry, but you've also got some sorcerous power to go with it - thus, arcanist.

Of course, it would also leave you a bit deformed. I can just imagine a prodigal mage (given you probably put that +4 into intelligence) who's lame and only has one working arm, but has telepathy and immunity to mind-affecting effects. Ultimate mage in exchange for being physically weak.
>>
>>43681078
This template is so good, literally every class can use it.

Also my character is closely tied to (but not a worshipper of) Lamashtu, so that is another reason I might have come out mutated.
>>
>>43680936
Well it's not exactly supposed to be for players, a lot of templates are good
>>
>>43680897
That makes a lot more sense, especially the part about rocketry. Thank you, Russianfriend. It made me sad that Americans make such a big deal over France terrorist attacks but no one said anything about Russia.
>>
>>43681170
My games have always had templates as an option if you asked for them. In an upcoming game my friend is playing a lycanthrope.

But yeah I see what you're saying. Even for a monster though, that's strong. And for only a +1 CR. A DM could just shut down most of your party with a sufficiently high level Mutant.
>>
How the fuck are GMs supposed to find the LA of templates? Is there even an official Paizo way? Calculate the RP and add ECL equal to RP/10?
>>
>>43675873
Aberrant Aegis multiclasses straight into fighter/barbarian pretty well; by level 5 you've gotten most everything you want out of the class, plus armor proficiency is a great thing to grab.
>>
>>43681258
Templates usually have a CR adjustment.
>>
>>43681225
I think it's less crazy if you let the GM choose what mutations you get, on the condition that it works for your character concept and helps support it. this is definitely one of those ones that you need to work with a GM for.

As an aside, one thing I noticed - you can't put both +4s or -2s into the same stat, but you can put a +4 and a -2 into the same stat, resulting in a +2 but elimination of the penalty.

>>43681258
LA = CR. Do not add in Racial HD to overall level; for example a Troll, which is a CR 5, has 6 HD. this makes it the equivalent of a 5th level player.

At least, that's the theory. They also tell you to reduce the LA by 1 (to a minimum of half) for every 3 normal class levels you get.
>>
>>43681297
Wow Graveknights are so broken then. Seems like something to houserule.
>>
>>43681297
Yeah I was thinking of letting the DM choose my deformities. Makes it so I can't just choose ones that don't affect me in any way.

Like Fragile will almost never come up and when it does Staggered doesn't hurt a caster as much as a martial. And I don't wear armor so Misshapen doesn't affect me either.

That's interesting, even a +2 to two stats is pretty good. Especially since being an Arcanist means I have to have alright CHA so it's not a dump stat anymore.
>>
>>43681348
I though the deal was that there WASN'T an LA calculation for PF? It's all houseruled.
>>
>>43681348
All templates are subject to GM discretion, because just because they're technically allowed doesn't mean they're available. Just because you theoretically can apply it to your character, doesn't mean the GM will let you.

>>43681368
The Bestiary 1 has a section for monster players near the back.
>>
>>43681078
Can we break the entire thing down to GP costs so that it can be applied to PCs in exchange for some portion of WBL?
>>
>>43681348
Broken for who? Players? Why are you letting players become Graveknights?
>>
>>43681390
Well, theoretically? Yes. Practically? It'd be a lot of work for too little gain, on top of the fact that the "GP" cost for the stat boosts alone would be massive, nevermind some of the crazier beneficial mutations.
>>
Can someone give me an idea of an appropriate build for a Hunter? I've never played a non-core class before. We're using this calculator for point buy btw: http://www.jody-white.com/pathfinder-ability-score-calculator.php
>>
>>43681517
Depends. What role do you want to fill?
>>
>>43681517
First, would you rather play as a ranged attacker, a caster, a buffer, or a meleer?

Second, how much emphasis do you want to put on the animal companion over yourself?

Third, what's your point buy number? How many points do we have to work with?

Fourth, what level is this starting at?

Fifth, is third party allowed?
>>
>>43681297
>They also tell you to reduce the LA by 1 (to a minimum of half) for every 3 normal class levels you get.
I just read the entry and you made a minor error. You reduce the level adjustment by 1 after 3 levels, and then REPEAT the process a number of times equal to half the LA. So a CR 2 race is +0 by midgame.
>>
>>43681517
Since you didn't mention, it's safe to assume the standard 15 points?
>>
>>43681560
Ooooh, my apologies. thank you for the correction.
>>
As a humble level 3 Human Zweihander Sentinel, what is the best feat I should take if I already have Power Attack, Improved Initiative, Combat Reflexes, and Furious Focus
>>
>>43681585
I think it's called Discipline Focus - Choose one of your disciplines, and discipline weapons for that discipline gain +2 damage and whenever you do a maneuver that provokes a saving throw, the DC is increased by 2. It's great for any initiator.
>>
>>43681552
Not him, but I have a question. How well do Hunters fill the Caster role?
>>
>>43681622
Not so well. Unlike the Druid, they don't have full casting progression, but they do have a good handful of buffs and utility. Don't expect the hunter to be an offensive caster.
>>
What do you want as a player race?
>>
>>43681622
If you want to be a straight caster Hunter, you're probably better off with a druid. But if you're able to make use of the spellcasting focused teamwork feats alongside your AC or another mage, they can become better, though the power level drops off in the lategame.

Worth noting is that through spell levels 1-4, they have access to ranger spells as well. they also cast like sorcerers, choosing from a spells known list rather than prepping them. If you want to go completely full caster, druid is where it's at, but hunter is great if you dislike wildshape and want to have combat abilities you can fall back on.
>>
>>43681585
Get one of the style feats in PoW:E; ask your GM whether they're always on or you need to use a swift action to turn them on every battle.

If the former, definitely worth it, it's pretty much an overlapping stance; if the latter, still often worth it.
>>
What's a good class to dip as a Vizier?
>>
>>43681544
>>43681552
>>43681582

Ideally I'd want to be helpful both ranged and in melee. I guess spells might come secondary for what I've had in mind.

I've also never had an animal companion before, so I'm not sure yet. I want my companion to be an ocelot if that helps.

We're using 20 points and starting at level 5.

As far as I know, 3rd party is allowed.
>>
>>43681348
Meh, Graveknight is just the martial version of the Lich template. Only not as good as the Lich template because it's the filthy martial version.
>>
>>43681517
There are two very good hunter builds.

The melee hunter is some of the luckiest classes to quickly gain pounce via the Stick Together teamwork feat + the Ring of Ferocious Action. Best you get a reach weapon since you'll be doing this from behind your animal companion often.

The ranged hunter is capable of getting in a lot of extra ranged attacks with the wounded paw gambit, Enfilading fire, Friendly Fire , etc.
>>
>>43676538
I use Google Docs. Can make links, tables, everything you need.
>>
>>43681673

The DM is wary on Style feats because he's already seen my Warder do his work and man, it's kind of tearing things apart.

>>43681605

I'm considering Discipline Weapon, either that or Extra Readied Maneuver to really keep ahead of the curve with maneuver selection (I'm trying to make sure I don't hit that point where I don't have all the maneuvers I want, and no chance to grab Advanced Study or something to get them.)

Or I could grab Weapon Focus and practically guarantee my hits are going to find something.

Is this what it feels like to play a caster? Having options? I've never actually played one before so I'm used to trying to find the most optimized choice by necessity.
>>
>>43681741
There are numerous guides for animal companions. The tl;dr for most is this:

1) The Pouncer big cat and Pouncer dino are best at combat
2) Mammoth and Rhinos if you're planning to be the party tank
3) The Roc is the most reliable flying mount available
>>
>>43681741
Alright then. For your weaponry, pick up a longbow (composite if possible) and a greatsword, and put a fair amount into strength.

I'd really recommend against an ocelot companion, especially due to the fact that I don't think you can actually take them as animal companions; that's more Familiar territory, since they're so small. you can, however, get away with a big cat, like a lion, tiger, or jaguar. Big Cats are exceptionally powerful from a mechanical standpoint (moreso than most AC choices) and a jaguar is kinda like a massive ocelot, right? Besides, there's a lot of fun to be had RPing an animal acting like a much smaller animal, like a dog that never quite realized it's too large for puppy stuff anymore.

for stats, I'd recommend Str 15, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 13. The reason for Charisma 13 is because of the Evolved Companion feat, which requires charisma 13 to use - it greatly extends the power of your companion in a lot of potential ways. Put your level 4 +1 stat into strength to get yourself a +3 modifier and you should be solid.
>>
>>43681910
>pick up a longbow (composite if possible) and a greatsword, and put a fair amount into strength.

Or, just slap guided on your weapons since 3pp is allowed. Guided property weapons use your WIS instead of dex or str for attack and damage rolls.
>>
>>43681886
>2) Mammoth and Rhinos if you're planning to be the party tank
I always really liked going into the Mammoth Rider prestige class with these. Having a Huge size pet rhino or Mammoth or whatever is great fun, as long as you get the feat that lets it squeeze easier, and that spell that lets it do the same thing. that way it can even join you in tighter sized dungeons!
>>
>>43681974
Its actually easier if you bought that companion collar(?) wondrous item that shrinks your companion into a tiny statuette that you can take around with you, like a pokeball.
>>
>>43682004
I believe that item is an artifact though, so it's up to GM discretion as to whether they want you to have it.
>>
>>43681910
You'll actually need at least 13 INT if you want to opt for Pack Flanking which is a great teamwork feat.
>>
>>43682041
Like hell it is. Hosteling armor does the exact same thing.
>>
>>43682050
At that point, it's really a choice between evolved companion and Pack Flanking. Both are excellent choices.
>>
>>43681770
Graveknight gets Str +6, Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +4 and spell resistance, and a +4 bonus TO natural armor (better than the +5 natural armor bonus the Lich gets because it's untyped), and immunity to an extra type. Graveknights also gain Improved Initiative, Mounted Combat, Ride-By Attack, and Toughness as bonus feats. Lich gets +2 int cha wis.

It's not close.

>Only not as good as the Lich template because it's the filthy martial version.
What are Clerics?
>>
>>43681974
I don't like Mammoth Rider if I rolled a Hunter, Druid, anything with a good spell progression since Mammoth Riders don't let you advance them.

Granted, Ranger, Fighter, Barbarian and Cavalier are great Mammoth Riders.
>>
>>43681886
What is the pouncing dino named?
>>
>>43682153
Deinonychus and Allosaur(?)
>>
>>43682149
I agree with you there; Hunter, Barbarian, and Cavalier are the only classes I'd take into Mammoth Rider, and hunter only because Teamwork feats and it can get access to both Strong Jaw and Animal Growth for gargantuan size pet shenanigans.

>>43682153
Allosaurus
>>
>>43682136
And the Lich gains a touch attack that can heal itself or a paralyzing touch, those are already better than some shitty mounted combat feats. The bigger issue is that the Graveknight has to effectively wear their phylactery, which make it rather useless.
>>
>>43682268
>The bigger issue is that the Graveknight has to effectively wear their phylactery,
No, it doesn't. In fact, the description clearly talks about PCs hunting down its armor. Toughness and Improved Initiative are great feats, way better than using up a standard action to heal or touch attack.

Its aura works with whatever armor it equips, if that's what you're hung up about.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.