[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Quest #118
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: Quest OP.jpg (378 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
Quest OP.jpg
378 KB, 700x1000
Pokemon League Round 2 Edition

Archive: https://archive.foolz.us/_/search/username/Gobble/tripcode/!!5e7vwvXe%2F3r/type/op/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: http://pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: http://pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: http://pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: Your first match was a double battle! You barely won thanks to terrible rolls. The champion talked with you, you bet on Robin's match and you're preparing for your next match.

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes or always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever!

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 9

Pokemon on you:
Oberon (Garchomp)
Aria (Meloetta)
Fel (Butterfree)
Vlad (Crobat)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Sneasel (temporary)

In PC box:
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Devon (Houndoom)
>>
Lewdpastes galore!
>>
File: 1437259009636.gif (598 KB, 438x750) Image search: [Google]
1437259009636.gif
598 KB, 438x750
It's time!
>>
File: tumblr_mu7ivtxy9T1sqfbkno1_500.gif (975 KB, 500x258) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu7ivtxy9T1sqfbkno1_500.gif
975 KB, 500x258
You take the rest of the day to get acquainted with Sneasel again. You’ve swapped Devon back to the professor for now. Even though you and Vance didn’t make any official trade, you thought it best to avoid any potential rule violations at the league. Plus Devon has a chance to relax there after his strenuous match. The professor assures you he’s fine and is enjoying playing with the others.

Although he’s Vance’s Pokemon, you’ve developed a strong rapport. Robin is mostly busy working on her own strategies, while Jeanine and Clair float between you and her, helping out. They’re good friends.

Vance pats you on the back and keeps insisting you watch every time Sneasel demonstrates a move. of course you’re watching, but you guess he can’t contain his pride in Sneasel. They’ve come a long way When you last saw them, there was a lot of tension and Vance considered letting him go.

Sneasel has the ability Keen Eye. That will be useful if the opponent tries any evasive strategies or trickery. He seems like

One oddity is the move Beat Up that he’s learned. He strikes with the power of every other Pokemon in your party. He looks like he somehow channels their way of striking. If you plan on using that, it’d be a good idea to make sure you have Pokemon with strong attack power in your three extra slots.

All of his moves seem to line up with what your Pokedex eventually tells you what to expect, in it’s own way. “Sneasel, the Larp Claw Pokemon. Sneasel pretends to scale trees by punching its foam covered claws into the bark. This Pokémon seeks out unguarded nests and steals eggs for food and totally cheats while the larp gamemasters aren’t looking.”

[Continued]
>>
>>43658296
What a fucker. I bet he sneaks in metal weapons too.
>>
>>43658296

Sneasel does pretty well. There’s a notable gap in his general technique compared to your Pokemon thanks to all your training, which might be a problem. But at the same time, he seems like the perfect counter to that Sigiliph and whatever other stalling Pokemon your next opponent might use.

He and Vance give a small rehearsed demonstration. They dance around each other, throwing up fruit and destroying them on the way down. It’s impressive, but your Pokemon are on another level right now. You also notice that Sneasel breaks formation to gobble up some of the food.

On the other hand, his moveset is perfect. Better than perfect. It'll be very easy to shut down Sigilyph with him. And it's not like he's by any means bad. If this were three months ago, you'd be worried about him being this good. He's clearly put in a lot of effort to get this far.

“So, will you use Sneasel?”

>Yes, he’s perfect for this match
>No, sorry.
>Something else

Moves can be found here: http://pastebin.com/H77kiB0e
>>
>>43658296
>Even though you and Vance didn’t make any official trade, you thought it best to avoid any potential rule violations at the league
I hope that doesn't break any rules either. Imagine if we barely won last time only to be disqualified now.
>>
>>43658357
>They dance around each other, throwing up fruit and destroying them on the way down.
the phrasing, Gobble, the phrasing

>>43658357
>>Yes, he’s perfect for this match
>>
>>43658357
Fine, it's not like it could go worse than the last right?
>>
>>43658357
As long as the Sigilyph doesn't use the Burn Psychoshift tactic to cut down his Attack, that is. We should be faster and wreck him before he even thinks about that, though.
>>
>>43658357
>>
>>43658357
>yes, he's perfect for this match
If we back him up with trunks we'll fuck psychic types hard
>>
>>43658296
>He seems like
Like what Gobble? LIKE WHAT?
>>
>>43658465
Like apology butts.
>>
>>43658357
Just read Sneasel's moveset
>No Knock Off
>No Icicle Crash
It will still work for Sigilyph, but we should tell Vance to teach him that kind of strong moves. Also Low Kick, which should be easy to teach coming from a martial artist like him.
>>
>>43658491
Vance doesn't do low things anon!
>>
>>43658357
>No, sorry
I don't trust the little shit, and he's never really demonstrated that he's in it for anything greater then himself. How can we trust that when the going gets tough he'll listen? Like >>43658457
Said we already have a counter for psychic types
>>
File: ass and tittays.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ass and tittays.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
>>43658465
[Well, I'm off got a good start!]
>>
>>43658557
It's all worth it for the booty.
>>
File: 1390108570730.jpg (17 KB, 248x400) Image search: [Google]
1390108570730.jpg
17 KB, 248x400
>>43658557
>cow tits
>>
Kill is Gobbles
>>
>>43658674
Already anon!?
>>
He knows Punishment too which will be awesome against a stall tactic type
>>
I liked the smutbin Gobble! Surprised you didn't link it in the OP really.
>>
File: sleep time.jpg (209 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
sleep time.jpg
209 KB, 752x1063
“Yes, he’s perfect,” you give Sneasel a pat on the head. “You’ve come a long way.”

He sneers. Well, for him that’s supposed to be a smile.

Vance picks Sneasel up to congratulate him. Huh, two unlikely friends.

Oh wow. It’s pretty late. You’ll have time for one quick training session in the morning, then you’ll have your next match. You crawl into bed with Robin and Clair. They're already asleep.

Now, judging by your research for your opponent, you know she acted worried about grass type moves. Her other Pokemon are likely weak to it. She also seemed to not favor Rain Dance, so it’s likely she doesn’t have a Pokemon with an ability like Swift Swim. Maybe a ground type?

You run over the possibilities in your head. Trunks makes the most sense out of everyone to have on the team. You’ll swap Fel for him in the morning.

But who should be your third? Vlad is ideal for disrupting anyone that spends time setting up. Destiny would be great against ground types or really any sort of big unknowns.

>Vlad makes the most sense against those tactics
>Destiny is a safe bet
>Dan might be able to outlast whatever she uses
>Aria. Nobody can stand up to that power
>Oberon, he needs to test himself in a battle
>Someone else
>Wait, let’s revisit this Trunks pick
>>
>>43658881
http://pastebin.com/m4KJxcVM

[Oh yeah. Here it is if anyone wants it.
Thanks!]
>>
>>43658960
>>Destiny is a safe bet

Do we have to decide before the match or can we bring our six and change on the fly?
>>
>>43658960
>someone else
Levi, always good to have a strong mega
>>
>>43658960
>>Vlad makes the most sense against those tactics
>>
>>43658960
>Aria. Nobody can stand up to that power
>>
>>43658960
>Destiny is a safe bet
>>
>>43658960
>Destiny is a safe bet
>>
>>43658960
>Destiny is a safe bet
Destiny a bestiny
>>
>>43658960
>Destiny is a safe bet
Not liking Rain Dance or Grass moves means either Ground or Rock, so let's go with her. Levi could also work, but Destiny's a safer pick.
>>
>>43658991
[You can bring six and change on the fly. So if any of these pics get a hard counter, you have an out]
>>
>>43658989
Lewdilicious
>>
>>43658989
>"better than tentacles"
I laughed.
>>
>>43659160
Alright, thanks for clarifying.
>>
File: Paul-de-nuevo.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Paul-de-nuevo.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
You decide on Destiny. That will give you great coverage. Destiny’s able to dodge like crazy, and she has very few weaknesses. Other than that, she’s all around fairly strong without any major shortcomings, which makes her a very reliable fallback.

You work on your breathing and try to relax. Before you know it, you’re asleep.

You dream about the league, all the people and Pokemon in your life, and naturally your darker self shows up to give you a hard time about Devon.

“Don’t. Please. Come on, not right now.”

She hangs outside the window in your dream. You close the curtain. She runs to the next one an you close that too. She opens the door before you can lock it. “Jeez, fine. Obviously you have it all figured out and you’re totally at peace with it, then.”

She knows you’re not.

You wake up before you can really get into it, though.

Clair and Robin are already up. You and your friends all grab a quick breakfast in the hotel lobby.

Clair nods over to someone sitting in the corner. “Dick.”

“What?”

“Dick must be staying at this hotel too. Remember, that rich kid you nutpunched?”

You look and see he and his entourage are walking over. They haven’t seen you yet.

Outside the hotel lobby you see another camera crew interviewing people. They’re everywhere here.

>Heads low, let them pass without seeing you. You don’t want to get sucked into a confrontation
>Just keep eating and chatting like normal. It’s a free region.
>Taunt him as he walks by. He’s a douche
>Something else
>>
>>43659493
>>
>>43659493
>>
>>43659493
>>Just keep eating and chatting like normal. It’s a free region.
>>
>>43659493
>>
>>43659493
>>
>>43659493
It's Kat's RIGHT!
>>
>>43659493
>Heads low, let them pass without seeing you. You don’t want to get sucked into a confrontation
Eh, unnecessary complications.
>>
>>43659493
Speaking of Clair, I'm looking forward to catching up properly once all these nasty pokeman battles are done. We didn't even tease her about the change in style properly yet!
>>
>>43659493
>>
>>43659687
It's simple. We can tease her without teasing her. Just do everything we can to not think about her sweater puppies.
>>
>>43659735
So she'll get frustrated at Kat not showing interest? That's bullying anon. Good plan.
>>
How would you feel about being in a full on relationship with Clair rather than just fooling around?
Still be with Robin but just in a 3-way dating type thing
>>
>>43659797
I'd like that, but it seems sorta OOC. If everyone involved was ok with it I would vote for it though.
>>
>>43659797
That doesn't sound like it would work out. We have fun with Clair, but we aren't in love with her like we are with Robin. She should find her own cute girl to love and cuddle with.
>>
>>43659797
I wouldn't mind, don't think we should bring it up though. Let her or Robin do it if they're that way inclined.
>>
File: tumblr_mh0a0v1EJs1rl04amo1_400.gif (492 KB, 355x266) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh0a0v1EJs1rl04amo1_400.gif
492 KB, 355x266
They come by your table. Dick does a double take. “Well now! What sort of mistake let the riff-raff in?” He plays it up to cue his people in to laugh. You’ve noticed he’s got two more followers this time. A big guy and girl.

You ignore him and keep eating.

“Clair, I didn’t recognize you. You’re looking a lot better than when I spanked you in your gym. If you’d like...I could do it again.”

“I’ll Magikarp his his brains!” Vance and Jeanine have to hold her back.

She sees the look in Vance’s eye and backs down.

Dick chuckles. “Touchy~! Well, how about you, Robin? I like a girl with daddy issues.”

You’re about to get up and act when Vance steps up. But then Jeanine steps in front of him and grab’s DIck by the shirt. “You need to stick around with Sneasel. I can get kicked out of here and it won’t be a problem.”

Dick’s friends move up, but he gestures for them to stay back. “Jeez Vance, your girlfriend is so desperate for a real man she’s throwing herself at me.”

You see the camera crew starting to focus on your group through the window.

You don’t want to get in any trouble, but you really don’t want him to get away with anything here.

“Robin, that offer is still open if you need someone else to call ‘daddy’.”

>Screw it. Leap over the table and slug him.
>Just be polite and get your friends to back off. Don’t rise to his taunting
>You can’t get in trouble for a Pokemon fight! Let’s take this outside and battle like civilized people
>Swipe something from him. You’re still good enough to do it despite the camera
>Let Jeanine fight him. She knows what she’s doing.
>Something else
>>
>>43659762
That and she'll hear the thoughts about not thinking about them.
>>
>>43659992
>Just smirk at him. It's only natural that he wants what he can't have - this shit-talking is only a defense-mechanism born of impotent frustration.
>>
>>43659992
>Swipe something from him. You’re still good enough to do it despite the camera
>>
>>43659992
>>43659992
>>Just be polite and get your friends to back off. Don’t rise to his taunting
mixed with this>>43660032
>>
>>43659992
>Look kid, even your name is overcompensating. Why don't you save some dignity and scram, instead of looking like a dweeb on TV?
>>
>>43659999
Devious, devious stuff.
>>
>>43659992
>Let Jeanine fight him. She knows what she’s doing.
Might be fun.
>>
>>43659992
>Something else
Flick a bit of food at him each time he tries to speak. Continue doing so until he either gives up or he looks so pathetic nobody on our side can take him seriously.
>>
>>43659992
>>Swipe something from him. You’re still good enough to do it despite the camera
>>
>>43659992
changing >>43660163
to>>43660162
It's too funny
>>
>>43659992
>>43660162
For the love of god do this.
>>
File: 1390715469122.gif (182 KB, 540x471) Image search: [Google]
1390715469122.gif
182 KB, 540x471
>>43659992
>>Something else
Just keep eating calmly.
"You have zero chance at beating the champion. Just letting you know."
>>
>>43660162
>>43659992
Be a little shit to him, he'll either flip and try to hit us and then we beat his ass or he'll storm off like a little child.
>>
>>43660162
Alright, I think I'll back this up. He's not going to listen to reasons and I'd rather ridicule him than get out without finishing breakfast.
>>
>>43660162
Now that's thinking with table manners.
>>
>>43659886
>>43659911
See I thought that at first too
But the more I think about it the more it just seems to fit in my mind
>>
File: hex maniac.jpg (164 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
hex maniac.jpg
164 KB, 480x640
“Shit-talking is what you do when you know you can’t compete. Just ignore him. He won’t make it far.”

Dick opens his smug mouth to speak and you flick a tiny hashbrown at him. “I-” you flick another. “Hey, I’m-” flick. “Damnit just-” flick. “

He backs away. “Whatever! You won’t be so high and mighty when you see what I’ve brought.” He rests his hand on a very fancy looking Pokeball. “Your Meloetta isn’t such a big deal, you know.”

He storms off, following by his group. One of them brushes a bit of food off his shoulder and he spazzes at them.

Jeanine and Vance discuss a breathing exercise for relaxing.

“Can you believe that guy? You wouldn’t believe what he was thinking, looking at me,” Clair presses her chest out. “I mean, I don’t like that different, do I?”

“Huh? Did you say something? I was thinking about the match.”

Clair huffs and folds her arms under the massive lumps in her sweater. She instead bugs Robin making a flat-chested comment. Robin comments that Clair was the one that told her that flat is justice. Clair feigns ignorance. Robin mutters that she’s a traitor to the cause.

Those two are pretty comfortable when nobody else can hear them. You’re barely paying attention though. You need to plan your training.

>Teach Sneasel a move
>Study some more. You can’t know too much
>Run your three picks through some general exercises
>You know what? Do some meditation exercises with your Pokemon to relax everyone before the next match
>Something else
>>
>>43660610
Poor Robin, we still love you.
>>
>>43660610
>>
>>43660610
Let's make sure we are ready.
>>
>>43660610
>You know what? Do some meditation exercises with your Pokemon to relax everyone before the next match
>>
>>43660610
>>
>>43660610
Good. Teasing Clair is justice.
>>
>>43660610
>Robin mutters that she’s a traitor to the cause.
heh
>>
>>43660610
Fondle Claire while intently thinking about the match.
>>
>>43660996
What if Clair has better things to do, huh?
>>
>>43661027
Than be molested by Kat? Impossible... unless Robin wants to molest her?
>>
>>43661027
Oh, c'mon, we both know Kat is the best thing Clair can hope to be doing in the foreseeable future.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.122519.jpg (37 KB, 596x682) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.122519.jpg
37 KB, 596x682
You find a small space and work on some general exercises. Nothing too intense, but enough to make sure everyone is warm and ready.

A few times you catch Trunks focusing a little too much on looking scary and moves slower than he should, or Destiny doing a great job dodging, but not keeping an eye on her opponent and being caught off guard. Sneasel does a good job too. He’s taking this pretty seriously, but you see him occasionally just tap another Pokemon on the opposite shoulder or get up to more mischief.

You hammer out some of their bad habits as best you can with the time you have. Before Vernon trained you, you didn't really notice these things. Now they stick out.

You scratch Destiny under her chin and she bubbles happily. Overall, your team performs well and you’re confident they’re ready. This training session probably saved you some small trouble in your match. If your opponent is good, she might have noticed the quirks too and taken advantage of them.

“Come on!” Jeanine comes in to interrupt. “Your next match is soon.”

Where did the time go? You rush off to the arena to get ready. You walk by one of the many Pokemon centers inside the building and do one last mental inventory. Is your current line up what you want? You have three Pokemon you intend on using, but the other three matter too, just in case.

>Yes. It’s good
>No, swap Oberon
>No, swap Aria
>No, swap Leviathan
>Something else

Pokemon on you:
Oberon (Garchomp)
Aria (Meloetta)
Trunks (Trevenant)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Sneasel (temporary)

Pokemon on you:
Vlad (Crobat)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Devon (Houndoom)
Fel (Butterfree)
>>
>>43661040
>>43661063
Anons pls. She has other hobbies than sex! Probably.
>>
>>43661086
>Yes. It’s good
>>
>>43661086
>Yes. It’s good
>>
>>43661086
>Molest Clair and Robin for good luck.
>>
>>43661086
Swap Oberon for Dan
>>
>>43661150
Yeah maybe.
>>
>>43661164
If things don't go well he can be our ace with his defense and Sparkle Cannon
>>
>>43661150
Hmmm, that might be an idea. I dunno about continuing to use Oberon in another match.
>>
>>43661130
It's implied anon, there is no need for a vote.
>>
>>43661086
>No, swap Oberon
Dan.
>>
>>43661130
I think we should mess with Clair some more
Like "accidentally" brush up against her new sweater puppies but pretend not to notice
Even if she reads us and knows we are messing with her she can't say anything because she isn't supposed to be doing that
>>
File: 1393098616949.jpg (86 KB, 525x562) Image search: [Google]
1393098616949.jpg
86 KB, 525x562
>>43661150
>>
>>43661294
That is not a face of Mercy.
>>
>>43661086
>No, swap Leviathan
Get Dan in for Mirror shotting rocks and general tanking.

We already have a chosen water type for this battle and Oberon might be good against a rock type.
>>
>>43661201
We made that move up and I want to see what it does.
>>
>>43661283
I agree. But probably after the fight.
>>
>>43661357
I bet it's amazing.
>>
>>43661271
>>43661150
Nah we'll use the att for sneasels Beat up
>>
File: crowd01e.jpg (74 KB, 478x667) Image search: [Google]
crowd01e.jpg
74 KB, 478x667
You swap out Oberon for Dan. Just in case anything goes wrong, Dan fills an important niche. Okay. You pat the pokeballs at your belt. Let’s do this.

“Kat?”

“Yes professor?”

He swings the video camera around to show you his lab. You recognize his long time assistants, your Pokemon, and a surprising amount of townspeople and orphanage staff. “We’re all cheering for you. Go get ‘em!”

You smile. A lot of mixed feelings wash over you. Many of those people called you no-good, a lost cause, a criminal in training. Many of them are people that you realize you just lashed out against without deserving it. You don’t have time to really think about it though. You have to go. “Thanks,” you force out past the lump in your throat.

Alright. You’re set. You get up and walk to the battler’s area. You give Robin a quick kiss for good luck, and Clair a playful and subtle pinch on the butt. “You’ve been working those glutes!”

Clair jumps but tries to hide it. “Notice anything else about me?”

You pat her on the back and head through the entry where only battler’s are allowed. No time to talk. A staff member walks you to your area.

The crowds scream out and the blinding sun assaults you. It takes a second for you to adjust. “In the blue corner. Kat!” The cheers erupt again.

>Do Aria’s pose again. Show off
>Give a shout out to your home town
>Just politely wave
>Mouth some expletives about Dick
>Something else
>>
>>43661539
>>
>>43661539
Sure
>>
>>43661539
>>Do Aria’s pose again. Show off
>>Give a shout out to your home town
>>
So we need to have Aria sweep Dick's team right?
>>
>>43661539
>Just politely wave
>>
>>43661539
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>43661539
>something else
Jojo pose
>>
>>43661539
>>Do Aria’s pose again. Show off
>>
>>43661539
>>
>>43661539
>>
>>43661539

>>43661597
We can only hope. Unless Robin's the one who ends up fighting him I guess?
>>
>>43661625
>>43661539

Jojopose stronk
>>
File: battle kicks.gif (6 MB, 537x303) Image search: [Google]
battle kicks.gif
6 MB, 537x303
“Hello Novum Town! Professor Fir!” You start listing off everyone you can think of there. “The staff and wards at the orphanage! Mr. Finglestien! Uhh, the local police!” You finish off with Aria’s pose, putting your fist on your hip at the end.

You hope Mr. Finglestien isn't still mad about all those times you stole his garden gnomes or rang his doorbell and ran. Or that one time you swiped that bottle from the mini fridge in his garage. or that-

You shake your head. Focus. Your opponent looks stone cold. She’s eyeing you intensely. There’s something about that gleam in her eyes, even from this distance, that seems familiar and unsettling.

The announcer's voice comes into your focus. “A real home-town, small town girl. From humble beginnings.”

The timer counts down to throwing out your Pokemon. You reach for your first Pokemon.

>Trunks
>Destiny
>Sneasel
>>
>>43661844
>Destiny
Let's take a risk
>>
>>43661844
>Trunks
>>
>>43661844
>>Sneasel
>>
>>43661844
>Sneasel
>>
>>43661844
>Sneasel
This should take her by surprise. But I expect her to do the same really.
>>
>>43661844
>Sneasel
>>
File: sneasel_by_all0412-d6ssrv3.jpg (63 KB, 1024x541) Image search: [Google]
sneasel_by_all0412-d6ssrv3.jpg
63 KB, 1024x541
You can’t help but feel you’re exposed to her somehow. She throws her ball at the same time as you. Somehow, she looks regretful and surprised before it’s revealed who you picked.

“Sneasel! I choose you”

The crowd erupts again as both Pokemon burst forth. Your Sneasel against her Sigilyph. She looks like she’s reaching for a new Pokeball to switch.
You could switch too, or you could probably score a free hit. Or she might just be trying to psych you out.

>Swap to someone else to keep her on her toes
>Taunt, prevent any tricks
>Icy Wind, a nice ice attack
>Fury Swipes, she might use substitute!
>Agility, get pumped
>Metal Claw, she might switch to a Rock type
>Hone Claws, get pumped
>Beat Up, lay on the Dark type hurt
>Screech, lower its defenses
>Snatch, take away it’s buff
>Punishment, hurt it for pumping up
>Ice Shard, quick and hard
>Brick Break, she might be setting up defenses
>Something else
>>
>>43661844
>Destiny
>>
>>43662124
>Icy Wind, a nice ice attack
>>
>>43662124
>>Beat Up, lay on the Dark type hurt
Even if she switches to a rock it should do a good bit of hurt
>>
>>43662124
>Taunt, prevent any tricks
>>
>>43662124
>>
>>43662124
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>43661844
>>Sneasel
So far we've led with pokemon that no one has seen before. Keepin everyone on their toes.
>>
>>43662124
>>
>>43662124
>>Beat Up, lay on the Dark type hurt
Tons of dam
>>
>>43662124

Do we get any idea that she's a psychic like Clair or an aura reader? Can we get dark Kat to kick her psychic teeth in if she is?
>>
Wait doesn't our Aura being Dark/Poison mean Psychics have a hard time reading us?
>>
>>43662316
We're Dark/Fire actually, like Devon.
>>
>>43662342
Did it change? because we were originally dark/poison
>>
>>43662316
Nope
>>
>>43662342
I don't remember changing from poison... when did that happen?
>>
File: Barbaracle.png (64 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Barbaracle.png
64 KB, 250x250
She changes Sigilyph out and throws in a Barbaracle.

“And in a stunning surprise, Selina has chosen to debut a new Pokemon.”

“An interesting pick. She’s known for her defensive battling style. Barbaracles though, are more of a bruiser.”

“Maybe we’ll see some surprises.”

You shut it out and direct Sneasel, he delivers a series of blows. There’s a full body tackle that looks like Dan, a spinning followup uppercut like Aria, a terrifying slash like Trunks, a spinning twirl to avoid any potential followup and then another strike like Destiny. Then he hits with his own, personalized strike. Up close and personal. He flips away before the Pokemon can react.

It looks like that hurt, but Barbaracle has strong defences. Sneasel will have to depend on his speed and trickery.

This changes things. She might be switching to an offensive style to throw you off your game. You can see it’s ability is Tough Claws.

>Swap to Trunks! he has a huge advantage
>Swap to Destiny, no risks!
>Taunt, she’s up to something.
>Icy Wind, do damage while slowing it down
>Agility, gotta be fast!
>Metal Claw, screw his defence!
>Hone Claws, get strong
>Beat Up again! Don’t lay off.
>Screech, lower its defences
>Snatch, take away it’s buff
>Punishment, hurt it for pumping up
>Ice Shard, quick and hard
>Brick Break, smash it!
>Something else
>>
>>43662537
>>Brick Break, smash it!
Bash it!
>>
>>43662537
>Brick Break, smash it!
>>
File: cfe48ca5de0252787a5ba0f0aa5bc548.jpg (267 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
cfe48ca5de0252787a5ba0f0aa5bc548.jpg
267 KB, 1000x1250
[Oh jesus, I didn't even make you guys roll. Sorry, I'm a bit distracted with this going on in the house. We'll roll from here on out.]
>>
>>43662605
damn he caught that
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>43662605
But the dice hate us
>>
>>43662605
Well, Gobble, if that's what's going on in your house, you can pause the quest now and go attend to it. I'm sure everyone here will understand.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>43662537
>>Brick Break, smash it!
>>
>>43662537
>Brick Break, smash it!
>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>43662537
>>43662605

rolling then
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>43662640
remember when they loved us?
>>
File: 7a7.jpg (146 KB, 680x906) Image search: [Google]
7a7.jpg
146 KB, 680x906
Rolled 42 (1d100)

[Rollan'!]
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>43662776
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>43662537
>Brick Break, smash it!
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>43662776
>>
>>43662776
Wait do you still need rolls or are you counting the one already rolled?
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>43662776
>>
>>43662811
good on ya anon
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>43662776
>>
>>43662814
he's never counted rolls before the official roll call before
>>
>>43662814
At least we rolled better either way.
>>
>>43662814
[Oh yeah. Sorry, I didn't mean to ask for rolls before, just state that I'd be calling for them from now on. Please forgive my dumb brain today. We'll take be taking >>43662811 ]
>>
>>43662851
“Good job, Sneasel! Don’t let up! Hit it with Brick Break!”

Sneasel crosses his arms follows up with another solid strike. Barbaracle’s legs shake for a second, but it ignores him and continues on with his move. Sneasel could probably end him with another solid one of those. He’s got incredible defence, but Sneasel is no slouch.

“A hard blow from Sneasel! Can Barbaracle stand up to this punishment?”

“Look! It’s using Shell Smash!”

The Barbaracle hits itself and becomes pumped. He suddenly looks much more threatening and lean. Sneasel takes a step back.

You think you see her plan. With Barbaracle pumping it’s offensive abilities and speed, she can sweep through Sneasel and be set to run all over your other Pokemon

But Sneasel hasn't even been hit yet. Could that thing really take him out of the fight with one hit?

Well, yeah. With a strong rock move and that increased attack he could. You think.

Sneasel has his back to a large boulder. From the other matches you've seen, the ones of that colour tend to burst into a cloud of thick dust.

Sneasel also has Punishment or Brick Break, but with Barbaracle’s new speed, he might not even get a chance.

With his defences lowered and the hits he’s taken, there’s a chance you can take him down with a lucky Ice Shard. Even if you can’t, it’d chip him down a bit.

>Put everything into dodging the next attack. A dust cloud and Keen Eye are a perfect combo for Sneasel
>Charge with Brick Break! Go all in!
>Punishment! Sneasel can channel our whole team!
>Swap! You need Sneasel in top condition for Sigilyph
>Agility! Surely Sneasel can take one attack. Then you can run circles around him!
>Something else
>>
>>43663167
>>Put everything into dodging the next attack. A dust cloud and Keen Eye are a perfect combo for Sneasel
>>
>>43663167
>Put everything into dodging the next attack. A dust cloud and Keen Eye are a perfect combo for Sneasel
>>
>>43663167
>>Put everything into dodging the next attack. A dust cloud and Keen Eye are a perfect combo for Sneasel
>>
>>43663167
>>
>>43663167
>>
>>43663167
damn if only we were slower on that we could have taken it out
>>
>>43663167
>Punishment! Sneasel can channel our whole team!
She who dares, wins, I say!
>>
>>43663167
>>
>>43663167
Isn't Beat Up the one that channels our whole team?
>>
>>43663167
With that it's bed for me. Thanks for running Gobble!
>>
>>43663303
Yea.

But right now Punishment will have 180 base power. I say we use it next, once we're in the dust could.
>>
>>43663167
>something else
Be a dick and goad it into charging, then dodge and let it smack the boulder. Sneak up on it in the cloud and hit with break brick
>>
File: tumblr_mm8t0i0wXu1spuacro1_1280.jpg (296 KB, 850x1245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm8t0i0wXu1spuacro1_1280.jpg
296 KB, 850x1245
>>43663303
[Goddamnit]
>>
File: The power of training.gif (1 MB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
The power of training.gif
1 MB, 500x309
Rolled 33 (1d100)

[Roll me some dodging rolls, please!]
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>43663415
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>43663415

calling low
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>43663415
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>43663415
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>43663415
>>
When do we find out Kat's real name?
>>
>>43663496

I believe that the general consensus is 'never', for flavor purposes. If we ever do find out, it will be when we finally meet our father.
>>
>>43663536
But what about her mother?
>>
>>43663496
Kat is her real name. It's just not the name she was born with.
>>
File: dust.gif (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dust.gif
59 KB, 320x240
Barbaracle leans forward, then explodes with speed into a run. It crosses it’s arms for a Cross-Chop

“Dodge! Hurry!”

Sneasel moves, but the whole thing goes down so fast! It’s strange, you should be able to follow that even at these speeds, but your head feels weird.

The rock explodes into a huge cloud of dust. You can’t see if Sneasel was hit or clipped, but you’re mostly sure he wasn’t.

You look to Selina. She eyes are narrow and focused. No! She’s not a psychic like Clair, is she?

She smiles.

Damn damn damn! Isn’t there a rule about this? Or some countermeasure? Maybe it’s hypocritical of you to think that's underhanded. You encouraged Robin to use her eye, after all.

Okay, you beat Clair just fine, you don’t need to worry about this girl. Clair’s the best, right? Selina is probably just second rate.

>Punishment! Hit that thing for all you’re worth!
>Brick Break! Show him how you smash a rock!
>Agility and Hone Claws! Take advantage of the situation to get Sneasel pumped
>Swap and get someone else to set up while Barbaracle is distracted
>Leave Sneasel to act on his own, try to mentally shake Selina
>Something else
>>
>>43663728
>>Punishment! Hit that thing for all you’re worth!
Also let Dark Kat at her
>>
>>43663728
>>
>>43663728
Oh yeah bitch!
>>
>>43663728
>Brick Break! Show him how you smash a rock!
>>
>>43663728
>>Leave Sneasel to act on his own, try to mentally shake Selina
Get out of my head.
>>
>>43663728
>>43663773
Seconded
"Psychics don't have a good time swimming through my head." and creepily smile.
>>
>>43663728
>>
>>43663728
Whatever we do sick Dark Kat on her.
>>
>>43663728

>>43663773
>Also let Dark Kat at her

Can we do this? We've been practicing meditation for a while, could we possibly break enough to run our self loathing parallel?
>>
File: pikachu.jpg (150 KB, 768x645) Image search: [Google]
pikachu.jpg
150 KB, 768x645
Rolled 84, 61 = 145 (2d100)

[Rolling for Selina and Barbaracle. Give me a total of 6 1d100 rolls.]
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>43663956
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>43663956
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>43663956

not going to beat that 84...
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>43663956
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>43663956
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>43663956
Dice a shit
>>
File: E1r56f4s.gif (269 KB, 400x218) Image search: [Google]
E1r56f4s.gif
269 KB, 400x218
So does anyone else think that Dark Kat is not originally from Kat? She seems eager to attack anyone no matter who they are and everyone we talked to about her said she was unnatural and shouldn't be. Also if it was just Kat's general self-loathing I don't think we could have befriended it at all let alone as easily as we did. We aren't Fourze after all
>>
You lock eyes with Selina. She’s just walked into your domain.

You closed your eyes and focus.

A disembodied voice echoes out to you.“I hope you don’t take this the wrong way. I’m actually a fan of yours.”

You keep your mental fists up. “Are you now?”

Selina comes out of the darkness and grapples you. “I don’t have a choice. You have legendary Pokemon and that mega-evolution thing! How can a regular trainer stand up to that?”

Somewhere in the distance, you’re faintly aware of Sneasel and Barbaracle fighting. The announcers are going wild. Something about dancing around an opponent.

Selina brings a mental knee up to your gut. You fall over and she runs past you. She grabs onto a ladder and starts climbing. It’s on the outside of a tall lookout tower.

“I just need to see what you see! It’s too cloudy down here.”

You push yourself up. You can still grab her and toss her back into the darkness.

Or you could have Dark Kat wait at the top and push her off. You aren’t really sure how this psychic stuff works, but that sounds a little dangerous.

>Grab her leg and try to toss her out. Take her on without a crutch
>Summon some imagery to shock her, then turn back to the fight. You’ll slow her down. Hopefully long enough to win the battle
>Have Dark Kat help you drag her down and toss her out. Just hope she doesn’t go overboard.
>Have Dark Kat ambush her at the top. She’ll never see it coming
>Something else
>>
>>43664325
>>Have Dark Kat help you drag her down and toss her out. Just hope she doesn’t go overboard.
>>
>>43664325
>Have Dark Kat help you drag her down and toss her out. Just hope she doesn’t go overboard.
>>
>>43664325
>>Have Dark Kat help you drag her down and toss her out. Just hope she doesn’t go overboard.
When you step into peoples heads you better be prepared for the worst.
>>
>>43664325
>Have Dark Kat ambush her at the top. She’ll never see it coming

Mind rape at the finals is asking for it.
>>
>>43664325
>>Something else
Close our eyes
>>
>>43664325
>>
File: 1419902293450.gif (712 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1419902293450.gif
712 KB, 245x245
Rolled 28 (1d100)

[Roll em!]
>>
>>43664325
Bitch get the fuck outta my head.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>43664492
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>43664492
cfgh
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>43664492
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>43664492
>>
>>43664506
Thanks guy!
>>
>>43664506
Are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>43664506
Kill me
>>
>>43664532
>>43664530

I took a quick look through the faq pastebins to be sure, but it seems like crits aren't a thing. We could be fine.
>>
>>43664506
oh boy here we go
>>
>>43664506
Well, the dice gods are clearly out for murder aren't they?
>>
>>43664559
crits are a thing
>>
>>43664506
It's okay. Robin will take care of Kat. Even if she's a vegetable.
>>
>>43664559
We positively crit while gambling really early on. It's why we had so much money for as long as we did.
>>
>>43664559
Yeah eye see nothing that could go wrong here.
>>
>>43664559
Cite it, prove gobble wrong.
>>
>>43664569
>>43664583
>>43664591

Even in the case that I am wrong, being noncommittal lets me save face.

Still, I hope we didn't kill Selina.
>>
>>43664626
I'm more worried about her like Tossing Nega Kat down and Kat having an brain aneurysm. Or Dark Kat taking over.. or... whatever.
>>
>>43664594

When I say "it seems crits aren't a thing" I mean that they aren't mentioned in either the FAQ and general concepts or the quest summary. Not that it forbids them, but that they aren't included in the rolling rules as written.
>>
Selina didn't even roll that high, with a 28 the damage she can do is still kinda small even with our failure.
>>
>>43664669
>Temporary blindness.
>Hallucinations
>Trapped in a memory

Perils of the warp man.
>>
>>43664652
So have you read the entire quest?
>>
>>43664685
Basically she tripped and totally headbutted us by accident.
>>
>>43664594
>>43664640 (You)

Here is what is said in the "Pokémon Quest Summary"

14.General rules:

16.There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible. There are occasional roles to keep things organic, but mostly it goes by voters choice. Unless specified otherwise, the best of 3 rolls is the result, and rolling high is good.
>>
hell there was a crit fail in the last fight
i rolled it
>>
Whatever happens only Clair's tits can save the day.

>>43664728
And? Robin lost an eye on a shit roll. Kat almost lost an arm.
>>
>>43664728
Plz read the entire quest before participating.
>>
>>43664758

And... I was asked to quote, and that is what I did. Is there something wrong? All I said is that crits aren't mentioned in the rolling rules.
>>
>>43664688
>>43664772

I missed something like 5 threads in the mid 70s.

So, no, not the entire thing.
>>
>>43664789
Lemme guess you're that same faggot that posting in Tuffle Quest right now aren't you?

We don't want you there or here.
>>
>>43664826

As a matter of fact, no. This is the only thread I have posted in today.

This is the last thing I'll say in the conversation though, as of course, whatever is judged to be, is, and whatever I say can't change it.
>>
G-gobble wouldn't let rocks fall on us... Right? I remember him saying that bad rolls have consequences but only bad decisions lead to death. We didn't fuck up... Right?
>>
>>43664888
We let a psychic into our head and tried to be super gentle with her.

There's so many ways for that plan to go south.
>>
>>43664940
Simple! Worst possible outcome is that she falls into the slot Robin is supposed to have it Kat's head and their relationship falls apart! Kat goes off with this new girl and lives happily ever after!

N T R
>>
You summon your darker inner self to help. She grabs Selina and you both pull her down to face you.

“What the hell is that?”

That... is actually a good question. Weaponized schizophrenia? A friend? A partitioned part of your psyche that you want to disassociate with your own view of yourself? A psychic apparition from another dimension taking a familiar form and residing in your head?

Dark Kat already has Selina down and starts kicking her in the ribs.

And you know what? It feels great! You find yourself laughing as Selina gets her ass handed to her. You should feel bad, but why? Why feel bad for an opponent who came here uninvited? Why feel bad for anyone?

Selina freaks out and pushes her away. Dark Kat grabs your wrist, but she can’t hold on. She grasps the small bracelet Robin gave you and it rips off as she flies into the nothingness on the edge of your consciousness. It feels like a room inside your brain was just trashed. Broken glass and smashed tables everywhere.

That bracelet was the special connection that lets you mega-evolve your Pokemon.

Selina scrambles to her feet and pushes you over. “You’re crazy!” She runs off “I just wanted a peak. I didn’t want to turn this into...whatever this is.”

The sky turns black and laughing can be heard. “You can’t stop me!” Dark Kat’s face floods the sky and lightning and thunder and poison rain come down.

Selina looks up, blood dripping from her nose and bruises cover her face. She runs away. “I’m out.”

Through the tunnel she runs out of, you can see the match. The dust has cleared and Sneasel has taken down Barbaracle, but the announcers are really starting to comment on how neither trainer is giving orders

>Deal with this later. Get out of here and win the match
>Ask Dark Kat for the bracelet back (write in recommended)
>Force Dark Kat to give it back with willpower
>Tell Dark Kat you’ll help her if she’s hurt. Offer her empathy
>Ask Selina to help you. This is her fault
>>
>>43665032
>>
>>43665032
>Ask Dark Kat for the bracelet back (write in recommended)

Thanks for the help dawg
Catch you in my dreams
>>
>>43665032
>>Tell Dark Kat you’ll help her if she’s hurt. Offer her empathy
>>
Anyone else miss AoPHQ?
>>
>>43665095
never went to it
>>
>>43665095
Honestly with how much of a fucking Dick Dran was being at the end no, sadly no i dont.
>>
>>43665032
>Tell Dark Kat you'll help her if she's hurt. Offer her empathy

Ha! Ha! Time for shitstorms!
>>
>>43665106
Great premise, Great writing, Qm had some rather bad people skills.
>>
>>43665095
I miss the -idea- of AoPH, but not what it became.

This really isn't the venue for it, but a guy's running a spinoff quest set in Hoenn. It just started and hopefully it won't turn into as much of a trainwreck.
>>
>>43665112
I don't miss the QM, just the Quest.
>>
>>43665135
Id like a link for that. The guy running the Johto one quit after like 6 posts.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.