[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do people move laterally through capital ships in 40k? the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: ships.jpg (3 MB, 3985x4158) Image search: [Google]
ships.jpg
3 MB, 3985x4158
how do people move laterally through capital ships in 40k?

the fuckers are huge, and elevators go up and down so how do people go side to side?
>>
>>43646776
Alright, this is crazy, now, but imagine this: an elevator, except the rails are horizontal.
Otherwise known as a fucking train.

Jesus Christ just how painfully sheltered are you that you forgot that machines built for high-speed lateral movement exist.
>>
>>43646776
iirc in the 'Xnoble of Mars' novels they use train-like devices.
>>
>elevators go up and down
It's space. Up is where you choose.

It's really, REALLY fucking common in sci-fi for large ships to be built like skyscrapers with people climbing "up" to the bow and "down" to the stern. I'm going to take a wild guess and say it applies to 40k too.

And even if not, >>43646845.
>>
File: Warhammer 40000 Space Marine9.webm (3 MB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer 40000 Space Marine9.webm
3 MB, 900x600
>>43646845
>>43646854
>>43646893
thanks frends. i had thought maybe unirail type tube things but wasnt sure.
>>
>>43646922
No problem you fucking assburger
>>
In a lot of IoM ships, people go from birth to death in the same section of the ship
>>
>>43646776
Further to what >>43646845 said:
In the Honor Harrington universe, there are 'intra-ship transit cars'. Imagine a 3D network of elevator-shafts/train-tunnels throughout the ship. The cars are transferred by gravitic push/pull tractor-beams, instead of cables or motor-driven wheels. (Gravity manipulation is such an everyday technology in the Honor-verse that they even use it as the propellant system in most small-arms.)
>>
File: charlie-and-the-gge-puffin.jpg (16 KB, 246x385) Image search: [Google]
charlie-and-the-gge-puffin.jpg
16 KB, 246x385
>>43651352
>>
>>43646776
They talk about using trains in flight of the Eisenstein. It's an internal ship subway
>>
>>43646776
>no Emperor class Battleship
who's the faggot that put toghether this image?
>>
File: Size comparison.jpg (136 KB, 1547x1157) Image search: [Google]
Size comparison.jpg
136 KB, 1547x1157
>>43651573
At least your game is well covered.

Not a single Traveller vessel present on this image.

The grandfather of Sci Fi RPGs, with 30 years of setting and player mapping / ship building and not a single vessel.
>>
>>43646776
Weird there's no Halo Ships. A Covie Super carrier is larger than pretty much all of these
>>
>>43652470
There's a bunch of Halo ships, in the middle, near the EVE ships.
>>
This chart got an update last year or so.
http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-Spaceships-398790051
But still no traveler. At least I've not discovered any. But the ones in >>43652336 pic are smaller than the ISS if I'm not mistaken.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.