[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: Sire of Insanity.jpg (57 KB, 665x487) Image search: [Google]
Sire of Insanity.jpg
57 KB, 665x487
Hellbent Edition

RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
first for infinite combo and hate decks
>>
First for Dax a shit
>>
>>43644847
>Sire of Insanity
That card, man. I'm the only one in my group who seems to think card draw and ramp are any good, and I go overboard with the card draw.

That card never ceases to mess me up and put me on the same playing field as the scrappy dumb decks my friends use.
>>
>finish Ezuri, Claw of Progress.dek
>check card count
>128

Fucking synergistic "look at me I'm in the colors with all the good cards" son of a bitch faggot elf how am I supposed to cut 28 good cards.
>>
So I sleeved up Meren and just fucked around goldfishing. With just the precon, I had a Mycoloth with 20 counters on T6 and played a Bloodspore Thrinax on T7. This fun as shit.
>>
>>43645017
>implying opinions
>>
EDH league is tomorrow. Looks like everyone's going to buy a 2015 precon and use that. Which one's the best out of the box? The golgari one?
>>
>>43645050
>how am I supposed to cut 28 good cards.
Make a deal with a built guy that he can fuck your girlfriend continuously until you cut the 28 cards.
>>
>>43645050
Cut the 28 less good cards.
>>
>>43645050
Shuffle, cut 27 right off the top
Play a few practice games, substitute around until you're happy with what you have. Takes a while.
>>
>>43645165
UG
>>
>>43645050
This is what I do when I need to decide which cards to cut out. I shuffle the deck, put it face down like you would when playing, and start drawing and revealing them one by one. Then you evaluate each card you draw this way. Is this something that I'm happy to draw in most situations? Is this something I want to draw at all? How is this early game, mid game or late game? etc. Figure out your own criteria and work from there.
>>
File: 1342379518728.jpg (22 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1342379518728.jpg
22 KB, 500x414
Heliod or Mobilization?
I only have space for one.
>>
>>43645412
better question...
Why either?
>>
>>43645482
"Innocuous" mana sinks like that are excellent cards to have in any deck.
Sacred Mesa is also an option, I suppose.
>>
>>43645412
What's the rest of your deck look like?
>>
>>43645532
luminarch ascension
>>
>>43645412
how about more context than none at all.
>>
>>43645611
He already said he wanted a mana sink
>>
File: 1362768654594.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1362768654594.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
My LGS plays EDH as if it was vintage singleton. Never multiplayer. At best, it'll be Two Headed Giant EDH.

Help
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-rock-edh/update/

Grabbed the new BG commander deck, made some tweaks to start off with.

Cards I intend to add:

Catacomb Sifter
From Beyond

IDK what else could go in here that's relatively recent.

Basically, folks, here's the sitch: I'm looking to spend maybe $20 to make this deck better. IF anyone has ideas how to streamline it, make it faster, more consistent, let me know. I'm quite content to order a few singles for this, but not breaking the bank. Like I said, keep it around $20 total.
>>
>>43645875
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-of-edh-staples-and-power-cards/

Just find the on-colour cheap cards.
>>
>>43645875
whoops wrong link

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-rock-edh/
>>
>>43645848
Ruination
>>
>>43645412
I'd pick Heliod. An indestructible creature is never a bad thing, vigilance works for all your creatures, (doesn't matter if it's a soldier deck I guess) and the tokens are cheaper.
>>
>>43645875
It's surprisingly strong right out the box. It's not hard to go infinite with just a Phyrexian Altar.

I'm trying to make a list of shit that needs to go in, starting with the mana base, though I think I'm out of fetches...
>>
>>43646076
I know, right? I was really surprised the kind of shit that deck could pull out of its ass right out the box. Meren alone is probably the strongest commander in these colours there is.

Oddly enough I was the guy who, a few weeks back, asked for help putting together a Savra deck. I never did manage it, but I don't need to now.
>>
File: God of the Hood.jpg (746 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
God of the Hood.jpg
746 KB, 2560x1600
How do I build Ephara?
Every WU flash creature? Specially gaters like Jeskai Barricade or that lion?
>>
>>43646100
I'd wager that Mazirex is more powerful actually. Still, it's got some amazing synergy for a preconstructed deck.
>>
>>43646138
A lot of flash creatures, especially the ones that counter spells (Venser Shaper Savant, Silumgar Sorcerer) or otherwise provide value (eg. that new merfolk that bounces a tapped creature on ETB). Token generators like Luminarch Ascension, Sacred Mesa, Heliod, Kjeldoran Outpost, Martial Coup, Decree of Justice. Cards you can play on your turn without feeling bad about it because of the value they provide (Stratus Dancer, Kheru Spellsnatcher, Perplexing Chimera, Mulldrifter). Things that can flicker or otherwise do something that causes an ETB (Resto Angel, Glen Elandra Archmage, Brago King Eternal, Aetherling). Then fun things like Parallax Wave, Séance.

I've seen people go full on token strategies, or full flash with Teferi Mage of Zhafir, Leyline of Anticipation or Vedalken Orrery paired with ETBs galore, I personally like a mix of the two.
>>
File: feedthepack.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
feedthepack.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
>>43646193
Black and green have a several things that read, sacrifice a creature to do this gs based on its power or toughness. Pic related, ghoulcaller gisa, and disciple of bolas all come to mind and are why I'm getting that deck
>>
>>43646138
Flash hatebears is my suggestion. Things like stonecloaker, aven mindcensor, and Lavinia of the tenth.
>>
>>43645050
I remember making my first non-mono deck. Didn't notice I had 185 cards and took me hours to cut it down only to find out how shitty my deck was when playing against real people.
>>
>>43646193
>>43646356
Oh, and a corpsejack menace to make people sad
>>
>>43646356
Ghoulcaller Gisa is getting reprinted?
>>
>>43646100
>>43646344
Fun trick with Ephara, if she's active, Rapid Hybridization and Pongify become 3/3 flash creatures that cantrip for W. If Ephara's inactive, they just act as Pongify and Rapid Hybridization, which is still a terrific effect in Commander.

Hour of Need is also some pretty cool jank, you can turn your opponents' biggest threats into manageable sphinx tokens and upgrade your own weaker creatures into Sphinxes of your own that will let you draw a card. Similarly, Geist Snatch and Ojutai's Command are good counterspells for their ability to cause a creature to ETB.
>>
File: 12.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>43646380
>>43646344
Is Ephara the deck where I can finally play this little shit
>>
>>43646474
Meant to respond to >>43646138
>>
>>43646482
Sure, why not. Ephara, the way I play her, is a rather slow control deck, so you can afford to run some jank at the top of your curve. When every threat or answer you drop cantrips, time is on your side. The downside is that my Ephara plays a ton of wraths and bounce-all-creatures effects, which would diminish the impact of something like Mirror-Sigil Sergeant.
>>
>>43646448
No, those are cards I'm going to add to mine since they would work super well in it, also maybe in shadows over innistrad? Or a different version? I need to see muh waifu again!
>>
>>43645875
Fuck... I just pulled out about 300 cards I feel like for cards that I want to put into Meren.... .fuck...

[Spoiler]I didn't even find my Wurmcoil[/spoiler]
>>
File: 41a2NIHiZLL.jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
41a2NIHiZLL.jpg
26 KB, 223x310
I bought the Daxos precon and wanted to mix in some blue to make an Ertai the Corrupted deck. Advice? Thoughts?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whats-black-and-white-and-blue-all-over-2/
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-phyrexia/

I need to cut 10 more cards and I can't decide what they are.

I decided to move away from mana creatures except for Birds of Paradise and Joraga Treespeaker. I kept Devoted Druid and Gyre Sage though, since they can generate large amounts of G with Ezuri, and Plague Myr since he's both mana and an Infect creature.
>>
I am just getting back into Magic after some 10 years, and the local group I'll be playing with really likes EDH. Problem is I don't have enough of my old cards to actually make a deck, so I bought one of the pre-made ones, Forged in Stone (deck list here :http://magic.wizards.com/en/products/card-set-archive/commander-2014/forged-in-stone).

My problem is the huge fucking Planeswalker card, Nahiri the Lithomancer. That big ass card is just inconvenient as fuck to carry. Is there a regular sized version I can buy, or a recommended replacement until I can put together my own deck?
>>
>>43647533
Have you by any chance opened the packaging?

The regular card is in the deck bro.
>>
>>43647533
Weak ass bait.
>>
>>43647533
what you need to do, is take the nahiri, rip it up.
take Jazal Goldmane from the precon.
Go get as many 0-3 mana white creature cards as you can (0 being ornithopter, phyrexian construct?, and memnite)
theres quite a few good ones with double strike and/or evasion like flying.
Make Jazal your commander, plains only for lands, only mana rock is sol ring, only other artifact is Skullclamp (both of which are in the commander deck)
play weenies on turns 1-3 and jazal turn 4. activate Jazal's ability turn 5 for lethal/near lethal.
The only thing you should add thats not a creature are MAYBE 1-4 fast anthem enchants and token making.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jazal-smash-1/
my current list
>>
File: 635822584745286801.png (257 KB, 344x480) Image search: [Google]
635822584745286801.png
257 KB, 344x480
goat is G.O.A.T.

Store is doing outta the box league, I just won a game between a mirror and the new daxos with fucked up boardstates all around by overwhelming stampeding into this motherfucker, smallest creature was a 22/22 trampler

So fucking happy
>>
>>43647568

I just went through it quickly, I guess I missed her. Thanks.

>>43647631

It's not bait, I'm just dumb.

>>43647904

I'll keep that in mind. I was actually thinking of doing a White Wienie Samurai/Soldier deck anyways.
>>
>>43645167
only for him to realize that it is secretly his fetish.
>>
>>43646754
link don't work mate
>>
how do i tell someone on mtgo they should really reconsider suicide for playing bullshit commanders/colors?
>>
Just built and tested arjun. Did well all things considered
>swing for lethal with diviners wand arjun, gets swords'd, so I cast as many spells as I can and end up gaining 37 life. Win the game with mizzix's mastery next turn
>Next game get tons of mana by stealing somone caged sun, get an early arcanis, end up winning with allhamerats archive into lab maniac.

He has just about reached kill on sight status with my friends.
>>
File: 4[1].jpg (51 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
4[1].jpg
51 KB, 312x445
The topic of Fog has come up before, and I've seen a lot of favorites like Constant Mists, Moment of Peace, and the new Spider Fog.

Has anyone tried Chronomantic Escape? I'm thinking of giving it a try.
>>
>>43648700
I have a friend who runs it in voltron builds to cover his alpha strikes late game.
>>
>>43648700
I can't see why not. I had a passing thought to build Angus, looked at some cards to see what I'd put in it. I definitely think that Chrono escape is a good fog card, but I think it can lead to dumb decisions like your opponent will be expecting it so they can prepare counter magic, and if you dont have another fog backup then whoops you're fucked
>>
>>43646754
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-phyrexia/
unprivate the deck senpai
>>
>>43648700
It's cards like this that really wish they had made Teferi UW instead of U.
>>
File: the waif.png (328 KB, 796x596) Image search: [Google]
the waif.png
328 KB, 796x596
I just made a Derevi player cry tears of blood by playing a turn 4 War's Toll. He honestly looked like I had just killed his dog.
>>
>>43648700
Four of these played on alternating turns in a white/blue deck that boomerangs enemy spellbreaks will be devastating.
>>
>>43648194
>>43648743
FUCK

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuri-claw-of-phyrexia/

Alright, try now. Should be fixed.
>>
>>43648788
he has like, the two best colors to destroy enchantments, unless he was just a tard who can't even utility
>>
File: 1010842689_DYj3P-L.jpg (146 KB, 800x401) Image search: [Google]
1010842689_DYj3P-L.jpg
146 KB, 800x401
>>43646076
>mfw realizing Shriekmaw combos with Meren

Also, Kokusho/Sidisi triggers every turn is amazing

Also also Strionic Resonator, Illusionist's Bracers and/or Rings of Brighthearth gives you multiple Meren/Kokusho/Sidisi triggers every turn
>>
How does one do Mimeoplasm properly? Do you need self-mill to work him, or can you just do general BUG things with Mims as just another potential thing?

I was going to do Wrexial leviathans, but I was wondering if I should just go the extra step and throw in green, too.
>>
>>43645576
That card draws way too much hate. Come at me bro cards can really backfire in multiplayer.
>>
>>43648853
blight mamba and aethermage seem like easy cuts, same with blade of selves as cute as it seems. thelonite druid doesn't seem like a good enough card to go along with deranged hermit. fierce empath feels like it doesn't find enough to warrant running it when you can just dig for survival/the tutor targets, at least survival is insanely repeatable.
>>
>>43648853
Personally I'd take out the clones, aethermage, blade of selves, sprout swarm, and contagion engine.

especially contagion engine, it just isn't necessary with all the token effects you'll be swimming in counters.
>>
>>43649216
>>43648853
also fertilid is very slow and doesn't seem worth the slot, I would run civic wayfinder type cards before him.
>>
>>43649216
>>43649221
>>43649227
Alright, I've got it down to 102 now. Really did like AEthermage, just to have another tutor for Sage of Hours, Glen Elendra, Prophet, Silumgar Sorcerer, Venser, etc.

Contagion Engine was just there for Poison and EXP counter stuff, but mostly Poison.
>>
>>43649323
Contagion Engine combos very well with Everflowing Chalice

t. Esper Artifact Player
>>
>>43648120
seems real fun in a xenagod deck
>>
>>43649323
defense of the heart, while another tooth&nail/chord effect, seems slow in this style of deck; I also feel like either evolutionary leap or sprout swarm are fine contenders for cuts, though I'm not sure which.

incidentally, I would try a profaner of the dead over master biomancer, you're not at a loss for creatures and can use it to throw huge tokens away for a massive swing.
>>
>>43649157
Only Strionic. Meren's ability is not an activated ability, so Bracers and Rings do nothing.

I just added my own stuff to the deck, and I just realized I needed another Kokusho and Sidisi. God damn.
>>
>>43649323

I would not have cut Aethermage for that very reason. It gets too many good things. It's also saved my ass from a 100/100 Chameleon Colossus, so there's that.
>>
Comments and suggestions on my Selvala deck pls
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-have-to-fight-for-my-right-to-parley/
>>
>oblivion ring puts commanders back in the command zone
fuck you mtgo
>>
>>43649157
Very first game I played with that deck I used shriekmaw to yell something to death and then made the same connection you did.

I need more creatures that do that sort of thing.
>>
>>43649552
combofag here, how do you win?
>>
>>43649748
Normally through Kamahl/Elesh Norn/Ezuri/Joraga Warcaller pumps.
Haven't lost in 1v1 yet.
>>
>>43649793
okay, cool, follow up question, why selvala?
Why not Dromoka, you definitely have the mana, and having your turns to yourself seems like a pretty decent bonus and you definitely have the mana?
Why not Tolsimir to provide a boost for all your dudes because apparently you want to win through combat damage?
Why not put Saffi in the lead and make it a combo deck?
>>
File: decks.png (1003 KB, 1113x321) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1003 KB, 1113x321
I'm looking for a new deck to get into since my combo sharuum deck is 95%+. I have krenko, rafiq, and a sliver deck as well.

Thinking U/B/G or U/G, any suggestions for combo generals in these colors?
>>
>>43649874
I just have a soft spot for Selvala, she's one of my favorite cards.
Have Saffi in the 99 for incidental value and protection, combo isn't my playstyle.
No Dromoka because the CC is too high for not substantially impacting the board when cast.
No Tolsimir because I don't believe I have enough G/W creatures to reap the benefits of both of his anthem effects.
>>
File: 1344036379755.png (113 KB, 300x303) Image search: [Google]
1344036379755.png
113 KB, 300x303
>Some guy playing Oloro, some guy with MadOmnath and a shitty Daxos deck out of the precon, while I'm going with Aurelia
>Really late game, every player's got like 12 lands in play
>All I got on the field is Sun Titan and Kiki-Jiki
>Omnath is getting assravaged and is empty boarded, just like a gorillion lands
>Oloro has Glen-Elendra Archmage on the field with one -1/-1 counter and is almost tappedout trying to deal with Omnath's bullshit
>Daxos got like 3 2/2s and Daxos and really nothing else going on
>My turn, draw Razia's Purification
>IT'S GO TIME
>Bait Glen Elendra with by dropping a Fire & Ice, he takes it and leaves himself with only UW up
>Decide to just go for it, worst case I'll use Reiterate on it
>Cast it, no counters
>Proceed to fuck everyone up with Kiki and Sun Titan, each turn recovering 3 of my recently deceased lands and hitting whoever I want for 12+ damage

It was fantasic
>>
Monoblack control deck is monoblack. Thinking about throwing in Corpse Auger, Blade of Selves, thought vessel, and deadly tempest from the new commander stuff. Need a lake of the dead and crucible of worlds to recycle lands though.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kothophed-surf-boarder/
>>
I'm thinking of making an Oros the Avenger deck since I came across him a little while ago, what are some good things to slap onto him to go with his damage? So far I've got

>Sword of Kaldra
>Basilisk Collar
>Neko-Te
>Glistening Oil
>Grafted Exoskeleton

with

>Everlasting Torment
>Death Pits of Rath
>Personal Sanctuary
>>
>>43650155
I love Oros, he was literally my first love.
My deck was basically a bunch of things that gave him deathtouch and general Mardu goodstuff. It was trash but it was fun.
>>
>>43649966
Sounds legendary. Like those last minute saves where you suddenly have an army and everyone has to pay.
>>
File: 1335133006541.jpg (8 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1335133006541.jpg
8 KB, 320x272
>playgroup has no graveyard hate
>letting Feldon copy shit all the time for blocking
>Mycosynth Lattice out, untap with Voltaic Key and getting two big butts out for blocking
>Bosh throws any Feldon tokens at the attacker for damage
>Blocking a 3/3 first striker with a 6/6 CMC 7 or whatever then chucking the token at the attacking player
>killed 2 players this way
>>
is the anon with the flip liliana list around? want to make something monoblack/GB and i'm trying to get some inspiration
>>
>>43651052
If monoblack your list begins with
Cabal Coffers
Magus of the Coffers
Nykthos
Nirkana Revenant
Sol Ring
Basalt Monolith
>>
so my playgroup consists of an Esper Artifacts, Green monsters/fatties, UGB combo, and WR Aggro (myself). Of the three other decks, my deck can handle two of the three, but the combo player tends to win out in most cases because the group tends to be slow to set up, only the combo player ends up ahead the slower the game goes, obviously. I'm not one to tell people how to have their fun in EDH, but I am getting tired of every game ending with a combo just ending the game before any ___fun___ interactions happen, so I've started to take a look at what is enabling this combo deck to do what it does and looked for cards I could start packing to thwart some of it's wincons. While the group doesn't really do MLD, I've noticed that I need at least targeted land destruction, for nonbasics at least, because no one seems to understand why Coffers/Urborg is such a problem. I started packing From the Ashes and Ghost Quarter as a start, and I'd give that a few games to see if that ups my game a little.

From a threat assessment standpoint, is it correct for me then to always target the combo player?
>>
>>43651261
Yes. You leave the combo player alone with out counter backup, you are in for a world of hurt.
>>
Guess I'm switching my Seshiro deck over to Kaseto.

>coiling oracle, mystic snake and winged coatl
YES FUCKING FINALLY
>>
>>43651261
Play mono blue or U/W counterspells only counterspells and fuck his shit up, leave the other players alone totally just fuck with that guy till he stops coming or makes a new deck, fuck his shit back to the stone age till he learns
>>
>>43651261
Have you thought about grabbing dwarf miner for repeatable land destruction? And yes, it's correct to combo him if no one else is answering him
>>
>>43651290
That's kind of what I've learned over time.
>>43651378
I'm not looking to hate them into a new deck (their playstyle is not likely to change anyway) or drive them out of the group, just to make my deck more better equipped to deal with combo, and incidentally, lose less often.
>>43651391
I have considered Dwarven Miner and Blastminer consequently, I favored the Blastminer for the potential to hide information with Morph at the cost of 1 toughness and better card art.
>>
>>43651548
vandalblast is an excellent card against combo's mana. without MLD your best bet is to go for ruination effects and some hatebears.
>>
>>43651548
How many times do you play against random people? Yeah sure you can hide it with morph, but if its the only morph card in your deck, your playgroup isn't going to be tricked. I'd rather have the extra point of toughness.
>>
>>43651622
If I ever go to a convention, I tend to pick up a few games of EDH. It also isn't the only morph card in my deck, but I should have mentioned that in my earlier post.
>>
>>43651726
Thats a fair call then
>>
If I have more than 7 cards in my hand at the end of turn and I have Meren in play, do I discard first and then bring something back or bring something back and then discard?
>>
>>43651888
Meren activates at the beginning of the end step. Then you discard down to 7 during the cleanup step, which is the end of the end step.
>>
Buying 2 precons when I go into town later. I'm getting BW because I want to build Daxos, and UG because I want to keep it as a precon so I have a lower power level deck, which will then deter me from having a good UG deck because I don't want 2 decks of the same colours. And I want that sweet sweet Command Beacon holy fuck.
>>
>>43648686
I knew this nigga was gonna be good.

fucking kids being mad about Sphinx of Mindmoil.
>>
>>43648686
I'm still not convinced. There's some powerful shit to be had with Alhammaret's Archive among others I'm sure, but damn son, a 6 mana commander that doesn't do something immediately just feels wrong. Seems like just another Nekusar.
>>
>>43652713
you can play him High-tide.

He'll never a french commander, that's for sure, but quite a lot of fun can be had to the table with him.

so, here's my list for him. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/arjun-the-wheel-of-doom/
I'm not really pleased with a lot of stuff in it, so always up for suggestions.
>>
>>43652772
Have you tried Moonring Mirror? Cinder Seer and something to continuously untap him like Mind Over Matter can be lethal too.
>>
What is "the spirit of commander"? Can it be quantified at all?
>>
>>43648700
Yeah. It was a thing back in the day with Paradox Haze. That's still really good, by the way. Use Paradox Haze, a copy of the Haze, and Escape to set it up such that you only have an occasional vulnerable turn. You then use normal one-off fogs to break enemy attempts to crack into you on those weak turns.

It's actually really brutal and surprisingly hard to stop. Once it's running, it basically guarantees you a safe haven and lets you dedicate your time to just living to the safe turns, then doing shit what matters on those turns.

tl;dr: Escape is real good, play it.
>>
File: 1404660876629.png (208 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1404660876629.png
208 KB, 500x333
>>43652879

Spirit of Commander works like this

If it beats me, it is against the spirit of the format and it's fucking gay. If you play these cards you should kill yourself.

If I play with it, it's fine and you need to stop being such a little bitch and just learn to play. I mean for fuck sake it's 2015 stop crying about games you manchild.
>>
File: L.jpg (22 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
L.jpg
22 KB, 640x360
Fought my friend's Narset with my Teysa. Misplayed once and got absolutely shreked in response.
>>
>>43652879
It's to do amazing things, not necessarily to win. Remember, you and everyone else in the room is supposed to be a planeswalker utilizing their magic and memory to battle it out. Commander is about showing off neat shit and giant armies. Winning should be a byproduct of being awesome.
>>
>>43653065
Nailed it. This is why Prossh is okay.
>>
Hey guys what do you think are the best basic lands for each color in terms of artwork? looking to pimp out my decks with some nice landscapes
>>
>>43649966
>Bait Glen Elendra with by dropping a Fire & Ice
You might have written the wrong card by accident but I don't think you're allowed to play blue fuse cards in a Boros deck.
>>
>>43653575
Are you baiting? Swofi is legal in all edh decks. Because it only says "blue" much like urborg, tomb of yawgmoth, can be played in all edh decks because even though it says swamp it's still colourless
>>
>>43649966
Purification is a GOAT card. Sun titan, Iroas and Brimaz survived it and I proceeded to beat face in my Aurelia deck.
>>
>>43653575
I think he meant "Sword of".
>>
>>43653490
I really like the Time Spiral lands, but most people just go for full art lands when it comes to pimping.
>>
>>43653490

Palm Tree Island from Mirage, all other Islands r an faget
>>
>>43653216
Shelldor pls go
>>
>>43653600
Oh yeah, whoops. I don't see the Swords often in my group I guess.

>>43653593
I was thinking of the card Fire // Ice.
>>
File: pic199115_md.jpg (65 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
pic199115_md.jpg
65 KB, 500x417
>>43653490
Get the Euro basics
>>
File: IMAG0535.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0535.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
Trying to find a cut from my Niv-Mizzet (The Firemind, because I'm a piece of human garbage) combo/control deck for Declaration of Naught. I'm just so invested in all these cards.
>>
>>43654151
cut anime jace you fucking weeb
>>
>>43654151
It doesn't look super artifacty, why is Tezz in there?
>>
>>43654151
Ral Zarek is the first thing I'd lose here. He's just kinda meh.
>>
>>43654174

I'm sorry there's just no way I'm cutting that hidious Deviantartn-tier abomination. The moment I saw it existed I thought "That's the worst card I've ever seen. I have to have it."
>>
>>43654200

Well, he finds Divining Top, Perilous Vault and Metamorph, which are all really valuable in different situations, and if he can't do that he still ramps me by up to five mana if he survives a rotation (Tutor Sol Ring, next turn double tap it and whatever other artifact mana I have on the field), I think he's a solid part of the deck.

>>43654202

I think this is unfortunately the go. I've been hanging on to him because he was the first Mythic I ever pulled, from a pack in my first precon deck. But he just... doesn't do anything really.
>>
>>43654151

Oh god I just opened this what the hell potato was I using when I took the photo.
>>
>>43654234
>I think this is unfortunately the go. I've been hanging on to him because he was the first Mythic I ever pulled, from a pack in my first precon deck. But he just... doesn't do anything really.
While I understand and appreciate that desire... he really isn't very good. I run him in a Nicol Bolas deck with a bunch of rocks that make 2+ mana, but he isn't even very good there. He's just kinda blah.
>>
>>43654151
>>43654250

Okay, 200% more readable and 300% less potato

Still leaning toward cutting Ral Zarek as >>43654292 suggests
>>
>>43654446

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/12-02-15-Ijr-firemind-edh/

>Go to bed, I'm drunk.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ezuris-progressive-funhouse/

What do you guys think of this? I know he can go infinite with sage of hours and the like but my group isn't cutthroat enough for those kinds of things.
>>
>>43652713
I just run every rock and mana ritual I can get my hands on.
>izzet signet
>sol ring
>coalition relic
>caged sun
>gilded lotus
>that new hand size one
>seething song
>energy tap
>mana gyser
>high tide
>dreamscape artist (absurdly underused card)
Didn't have mana issues at all in the first few games I played, not sure how it holds up if I don't draw much of it.

>>43652772
battle hym probably isn't giving you enough mana.
archmage ascension is cool, but i would never run it due to making everything take forever.
I'm not running any X spells because I would rather be casting a ton of different stuff then dumping a bunch of mana into one spell. To that end I put in all the super cheap spot removal. Pognify, rapid hybidization, reality shift, etc.
Obstinate familiar is awesome. I think i'm going to need to find room for it against nekusar.
Good list, Ill put mine up on tappedout when I have the time.
>>
>>43654151
cut curiosity
>>
>>43654234
>Well, he finds Divining Top, Perilous Vault and Metamorph, which are all really valuable in different situations, and if he can't do that he still ramps me by up to five mana if he survives a rotation
Also run artifact lands for more free artifacts
>>
>>43654604

They're in there, just forgot to mention it. Not running citadel, but the two colored ones are in.
>>
>>43654204
you should play kobolds of kher keep
>>
>>43653194
As much as that can suck, those can also be the most satisfying of games if you get it right.
>>
>>43653490
I'm a sucker for RTR lands because of the castles and the "urban" feel. My Niv-Mizzet/Melek/soon-to-be-too Mizzix deck is all RTR basics.
>>
>>43655014
Same here man.

I got 3 of my decks with only foil ravnica and RTR basics.
>>
>>43653938
>that Netherlands Plains and Venice Island
These are so comfy, holy shit
>>
File: 1439846614383.jpg (29 KB, 340x250) Image search: [Google]
1439846614383.jpg
29 KB, 340x250
Looking to spice up my shitty UR spellslinger deck with some of the new toys. Would it be in my best interest to swap out Melek for Mizzix? Should I include her in the 99? The deck is sort of optimized for Melek, as I have a "top deck matters" subtheme, and I'm not sure what build around cards for Mizzix would be. At the same time, the deck's major weakness is that it's kind of slow, and I don't know if having Mizzix as commander would help alleviate that.

Let me know what you think.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-08-15-wizard-camp/
>>
Meren anon here, captain just-tweaked-the-precon.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-rock-edh

Changes from previous version:

-1 Grisly Salvage
-1 Great Oak Guardian
-1 Reclaiming Vines
-1 Diabolic Servitude
-1 Corpseweft
-1 Centaur Vinecrasher
-1 Bonehoard
-1 Banshee of the Dread Choir

+1 Flesh Allergy
+1 Slice in Twain
+1 Moriok Replica
+1 Sylvok Replica
+1 Leaden Myr
+1 Copper Myr
+1 Destructor Dragon
+1 Bitter Revelation

Might take Revelation back out for the Reclaiming Vines. Other than that, how's it look?
>>
File: SCIENCE!.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
SCIENCE!.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>43654679
Which always reminds me of pic related

>>43655137
Mizzix will be more friendly to cast than Melek, but your deck doesn't have much that benefits from cost reducing or that will give experience counters for that matter. Maybe swap some of the 1-2 mana inst/sorc for some bigger things?
>>
>>43655275
GREATER GOOD
R
E
A
T
E
R

G
O
O
D
>>
>>43655554
Mm, yeah. That'd be nice. Shame I got rid of mine when I sold my collection a few years ago. I'll try and source one.

I also plan to add Catacomb Sifter when my brother can be bothered to give mine back.
>>
>>43655137
>Topdeck matters theme
>No Counterbalance
your gonna want to split Island/Mountains in favor of Islands because of High Tide, Charmbreaker Devils is fucking gold if it sticks for a couple of turns, get a Young Pyromancer, A Guttersnipe, and a Tibor and Lumia.
Here's my list, it's always worked pretty well for me.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/but-thenwhich-meanswhich-leads-toexactly/
>>
What are the best ways to gain life in mono black, besides Gary and blyat artist?
>>
>>43655866
Exsanguinate
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-innistrad-bop/

dark prophecy, phyrexian arena, or waste not?
>>
>>43655866
falkenrath, whip, maybe sangromancer depending on your meta, same with disciple of griselbrand
>>
>>43649904
>sliver overlord
My actual fucking nigger.
Play U/G and have prophet and you've already made everyone else lose the game.
>>
File: CameraZOOM-20151115132145221.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
CameraZOOM-20151115132145221.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Currently building a Zur the Enchanter deck and this combo idea popped up when in build.
>>
>>43655980
looks pretty shit to me
>>
hey guys, it's sunday shift here again. just your weekly reminder that blue is an overpowered piece of shit color, and the color pie is retarded
>every other color has weaknesses and things it cannot do, or things it cannot answer because the color pie is supposed to make each color unique and different
>blue can just answer anything and do anything, as well as having access to a bunch of mechanics none of the other 4 colors have

why does wizards hate every color other than blue and white so much?
>>
>>43655980
Is reito lantern just so you can get your enchantments back?
>>
>>43655779
Maybe a Polymorph to turn an elemental into one of the utility creatures.
>>
File: Untitled-5.png (3 MB, 1483x1127) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-5.png
3 MB, 1483x1127
Top 2 rows are decks I physically built, bottom 2 are ones im building/working on.

I just put together a budget Rakdos in cardboard form, its pretty fun[/spoilers]
>>
>>43656415
dat wrexial
dat savra

hows your savra coming along? you got lists?
>>
>tfw 5/7 of my decks are blue
>3 of those are esper
Quick! What are some fun, non-blue commanders?
>>
File: Commanders.png (1023 KB, 624x890) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
1023 KB, 624x890
>>43656415
Finished: Omnath, Locus of Rage & Omnath, Locus of Mana
Built but don't physically own: Ezuri, Claw of Progress
Haven't even started: Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest
>>
>>43656458
its kinda shit, sorry. It was an experiment in deck building while using cards other than the staples in every list. It was also at one point a lands deck that didn't pan out.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-14-savra/

I still haven't really picked up the pieces of it yet.
>>
>>43656415
>Bladewing

Fuck yea, how does yours play? Bladewing is my favorite general
>>
>>43656521
I like both Omnaths and Mazirek seems really cool. Is mazirek viable without token swarm? I love +1 counters in g/b, but I don't want to go token swarm. Guess I could go back to varolz.
>>
>>43656505
Daretti, Marath, Ghave, Happy Omnath, Angry Omnath, Ruric Thar, Zo-Zu the Punisher, Aurelia the Warleader, Gisela, Meren, Karn, Kozilek
>>
>>43656572
I think token swarm is the best way to play Mazirek. If you want to do grindy BG Rock things I'd suggest Meren instead.
>>
>>43656564

its kind of combo now, but no infinites. I usually dump 5-10 dragons in the GY, then mass reanimate with living end or patriarch's bidding while having warstorm surge or Scourge of Valkas on the field. Sometimes it flops, but other times It can do 200 damage in 1 turn.

its probably tied for my best deck, though.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bladewing-the-risen-with-fire-and-blood/
>>
>>43656600
I've been thinking of moving my deck in that direction, right now it's mostly MBC with lots of board wipes and dragon finishers. It works because my playgroup is more low-powered, and I like playing slow decks that build powerful engines with lots of mana.

Recently added Whip of Erebos and holy shit, giving all my board-wiping dragons like Scourge of Kher Ridges lifelink is crazy. I don't even care that it exiles the stuff it reanimates, it's gotten me out of so many tight spots.
>>
>>43655393
Jesus Christ looking at this makes my head hurt.
>>
>>43656551
doesnt look bad, i found that endrek shar and any devour creature is bullshit value so if that gets some ideas flowing. i swapped out savra for meren in my deck. it was based off a budget prossh deck though

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-15-for-whom-the-bell-tolls/
>>
>>43656650
I was thinking of trying out the whip, especially because turns 1-5 usually have an empty boardstate for me. The lifelink could help stabilize. good tip, thanks.

Good to meet another bladewing player.
>>
>>43655393
On this topic, if I have a Sphinx-Bone Wand and Eye of the Storm out I get 2 Wand triggers for each spell, right?
>Cast instant or Sorcery [[trigger]]
>Exile with Eye of the Storm
>Cast from Eye of the Storm [[trigger]]
>>
>>43656690
>>43656650
whip is love. whip is life. i saw it in theros and now its an auto add in any deck with black. pestilence demon makes it silly value
>>
File: cloudshift.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
cloudshift.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
Is this card worth running in a deck with only 2 worthwhile targets that are part of a win combo?
>>
>>43657471
If you have easy access to it, sure.
>>
>tfw too many good cards in GB
any critique on what I should add/take out before I slap in the manabase (using a fetch manabase to synergize w/ titania/mazirek)

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-cairn-necromancer/
>>
Psychosis crawler looks like such a great card for Arjun but I feel that I'd just kill it more often than get use out of it since your hand is empty for a moment with Arjun
>>
>>43658349
That's not how it works.

Your hand isn't empty.
>>
>>43658377
Really? It felt like that was the way it worked since it was in the mizzix deck, but I wasn't entirely sure.
>>
>>43658349
State based effects check before and after an ability resolves, so arjun triggers do not kill the crawler.
>>
>>43649685
Are you trying to say it's not supposed to?
>>
File: wdqwdwqdqw.jpg (153 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
wdqwdwqdqw.jpg
153 KB, 312x445
Question.

If my opponent uses a 5 +1/+1 Marath of the wilds ability and spends X = 3 +1/+1 Counters to deal 3 damage to one of my creatures, if i in response use Agony Warp and give Marath -3/-3 what happens?

A- Marath dies and his ability fizzles because he paid 3 counters leaving him a 2/2 and my spell resolves first.

B- Marath receives -3/-3 and then his ability resolves killing my creature and then killing himself because he uses 3 +1/+1 counters and makes himself a -1/-1 creature.
>>
>>43658571
You can choose not to put him back into the zone and leave him exiled with oring
>>
>>43658621
the owner of the commander is the one who can make the replacement effect
>>
>>43658613
B, kind of; agony warp resolves first, marath dies as a state based action from having negative toughness, marath ability resolves killing your dude.
>>
>>43658613
removing the counters for the ability is part of the cost. you get outcome B. although if it matters, marath will die first before your creature.
>>
>>43658613
>>43658760
The important thing here is that the counters are removed as a cost of the ability activating.
>>
BLUE IS OVERPOWERED
SOMEONE ARGUE WITH ME HOLY SHIT IM BORED AND SHITPOSTING ON /POL/ IS GETTING OLD
>>
>>43658778
>>43658773
>>43658760

Oh ok, i wanted to know if its possible to kill Marath before his ability resolve avoiding it to kill one of my dudes, i thought it worked like sacrifice where you sacrifice first and then your ability goes on the stack and if you kill the creature before his ability resolves completely then the opponent sacrificed something for nothing.
>>
>>43658902
i mean, you can kill marath before his ability resolves but if the ability is "deal x=3 damage" then it will deal 3 damage no matter what you do, like he already paid the cost to put that ability on the stack there's nothing you can do to undo that

there's no meta-priority where you can respond to someone paying a cost
>>
>>43658953
Ok, i thought abilities like that were still linked to the creature and required it to stay on the battlefield the moment it resolved, because it says Remove X counters and Marath deals X damage, which i interpreted as Marath doing the damage at that point and required it to be alive to do it.

Good to know then, im dumb as fuck.
>>
>>43658891
Modern day blue is weak as hell aside from a couple of cards. Truthfully, the problem is that many of the old blue cards are overpowered as hell and they rectified their bullshit so no other color can ever really catch up.

More over, I believe that Maro and R&D is making a mistake in the way they handle the weaknesses of each color, and the way they are restricting card advantage/card flow to just certain colors, when card advantage is such a crucial part of a TCG that, realistically speaking, every color should have access to it in some form.

Fuck Maro
>>
>>43648795
I run a Jeskai modern deck that runs Chronomantic Escapes, Paradox Hazes, Reality Strobes, and Arc Blades. Bounce lands and shock bitches the deck.
>>
>>43658891
Green is more overpowered. It gets the strongest creatures, second-best draw power, and can easily destroy any permanent on the field.
>>
>>43649904
The Mimeoplasm
Not quite on color, but Riku of Two Reflections too.
>>
Patron of the Moon landfall/combo deck here:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/patron-of-the-moon-landfall-edh/
Opinions? I feel like I need more removal.
>>
File: airdrop condor.jpg (24 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
airdrop condor.jpg
24 KB, 223x310
>>43659028
ok well there are two things you should learn in regards to this.

the first thing is that abilities are indeed linked to creatures or permanents or what have you such as marath's x burn ability. but it doesn't work the way you think it does, because the ability will still work if the linked permanent dies. if for example there's a creature called chandradick that has an ability that says "tap chandradick: chandradick deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player" and it's a 4/4 creature, your opponent can kill chandradick in response to the ability before the ability resolves but it will still deal 4 damage even though chandradick is dead and doesn't have a power value. this is because when the ability resolves the game looks for the last known information of the creature before it died, which is that it had 4 power.

the second thing is how costs work. suppose you are the marath player. when you have priority and decide you want to deal 3 damage to something with marath, to put that ability on the stack you pay the full cost of the ability (which is everything before the colon) right then and there without anyone else being able to do anything. in this case that means that you pay 3 mana and remove 3 counters from marath. opponents can respond to the ability but they can't respond to you paying that cost. this is relevant in situations where you have a creature that has an ability like pic related. if you go to sacrifice a 100/100 goblin, they can't respond to that by bouncing it or making it smaller or killing it or anything like that. when you have priority and decide you are activating airdrop condor's ability, it's too late for them to do anything about it, that goblin is gone and there's an ability on the stack that reads "deal a billion damage".
>>
>>43645848
So french basically... thats good.
>>
>>43659099
blue can steal any permanent on the field, which is better. it has the best draw power. and it can counterspell anything, which allows blue to answer sorceries and instants which no other color can do. green may have the best creatures but so does blue if any of your opponents are playing green.

>>43659043
>modern day blue is weak as hell except for the two cards that were so unbelievably powerful they got banned from literally every eternal format
i mean i guess this is true
the blue cards they print for standard are usually weak, if you ignore the exceptions.
>>
>>43659043
This seems well thought out. But I'm just saying that because I agree with you.
Red and white both have the worst card draw obviously. White has a few, and mentor of the meek is amazing in weenie decks, but red is very limited. Wheels helps everyone just as much as you. Faithless looting isn't bad, but red doesn't have much gy interaction so it's either a waste of a card slot and mana, or very situational.
It bothers me that there's so many ways to play every color but red gets one-and-a-half, tops, and you need artifacts to help it.
>>
>>43659043
>they rectified their bullshit so no other color can ever really catch up.
It really wouldn't bother me if they did a few sets where each of the colors gets a day in the Sun. I mean in the entirety of the multiverse there's infinite planets that are just swamps, forests, plains, firey volcanoes, etc.. Give 'em each a whirl to even it out.
Make it outside of standard like Commander precons are. Spend some time exploring the lesser known aspects of each color.
>>
>>43648970
Dude, War's Toll makes you only able to use one mana per turn. You can't call someone retarded for not having a 1 cmc removal spell specifically for this situation. Besides, Blue doesn't even have any enchantment hate, just counters.
>>
I just remembered a game I played a few years ago and this guy had the most ridiculous card, but I can't recall the name. I used the search but couldn't find it.

It was a white creature and its ability had something to do with artifacts. The art was a woman sitting cross legged in front of a large boulder with a red axe etched into it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
File: 1443993802472.jpg (45 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1443993802472.jpg
45 KB, 500x374
>>43655393
>mfw that pic
>>
>>43659464
That being said, I do like the direction they are taking red. Mana rituals and the exile/play mechanic putting red into a sort of "lets go fucking crazy THIS turn and see if anyone can stop me (amusingly enouph, under that lens it is arguable that enter the infinite is doable as a red card). More mana rituals, More ways to make your own shit uncounterable/interact with the stack (R: resolve target spell you control? RRR: spells cant be countered this turn?)
>>
If I'm building Mazirek should I include every Persist creature in BG or just the good ones?
>>
>>43659599
>War's Toll makes you only able to use one mana per turn
say it with me folks, /tg/ is bad at magic.
>>
>>43659464
red is just the worst edh color because none of the things it does are useful in that format. suck it up, cuz nobody at R&D gives a shit about balancing colors for a casual format and they're right to not give a shit about your stupid color
>white has no card draw
wow what a shame, the second most busted color that can answer literally anything doesn't also just have card draw too because fuck balance right? clearly white should be like blue and in addition to being able to answer literlaly anything it should have card draw too
>>
>>43659673
It taps all your lands, the only other source of mana you could possibly have is in a mana rock, he's not wrong.
>>
What's some good protection in WB? I'm building a Karlov deck and want to keep him on the field.
>>
>>43659686
That's a pretty cool straw man you're building there. Never said white needed that much. I also agree that how much it can answer and exile is busted.
>>
File: 8KNUC5j.gif (412 KB, 516x287) Image search: [Google]
8KNUC5j.gif
412 KB, 516x287
>>43659724
Stay great at magic /tg/. You are truely inspirations to us all.
>>
File: color pie.jpg (35 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
color pie.jpg
35 KB, 223x310
>>43659724
>>43659599
HOLY
SHIT
YOU
FUCKING
RETARDS
DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW MAGIC WORKS
I HATE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH

ALSO? ALSO? BLUE DOES HAVE ENCHANTMENT HATE, BECAUSE BLUE IS OVERPOWERED

HRRGRGKKKKKKKKKGKKRGAGK
>>
File: Image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>43659673
Excuse me, that's exactly what it does. You can't just tap all your land simultaneously, the first one triggers the spell's effect.
>>
>>43659724
>he's not wrong
Oh fuck they're multiplying
>>
>>43659796
oh, you're trolling
okay okay you got me, well played anon(s)
fug
>>
Hold me, /tg/. Keep me safe from the casuals.
>>
>>43659724
Yes it taps all your lands, but you can tap them for mana in response. I won't limit you to one mana per turn, it makes you go all out on mana each turn. It's still a good card though, blue players can't cast anything on their turn if they want to leave countermana up, none can do anything in main phase 2 if they want to to things an main phase 1, and if you want to do combat tricks you can't do anything else.
>>
File: 98b.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
98b.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>43659796
>>43659724
>>43659599
>>
>>43659789
>stealing an enchantment is the same as killing it
wrong.
>>
Bait or incredibly retarded but I'll lay it out and say it in plain English.

Tap land.
War's Toll goes on the stack.
Tap all lands for mana in response.
Yay.
>>
>>43659753
Fuck protection, you're in the best colors for reanimation. Add boots, greaves, and whispersilk. If your creatures die, just bring them back next turn.
>>
>>43659828
Oh okay that makes sense, thanks Anon.

You see how much better /tg/ can be if we actually talk about our problems instead of spouting "muh tg bad at magic" memes?
>>
>>43659847
Oh no, I never said blue could kill enchantments. I said it has "enchantment hate" by which I mean it can answer them, and stealing it better than killing because it's literally just a 2 for 1. Because again, blue is fucking overpowered.

>>43659863
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43659863
Your welcome, but
>"muh tg bad at magic"
Is not a meme, we really are.
>>
>>43659863

It's not a meme if it's fucking true. I bet you think Kurkesh makes copies of equipment, too.
>>
>>43659906
Only if the artifact can already make copies of itself through a mana ability, sure.
>>
File: 1446069880232.gif (144 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1446069880232.gif
144 KB, 500x281
>>43659861
>W/B
>Best for reanimator

Pick one and only one. BG is clearly better for reanimator.
>>
>>43659906
uh, it can? you just copy the equip trigger you maroon

anon why do you even post when you admit you are retarded?
>>
>>43659967
No, you copy it when you cast it like pyromancer's goggles, you fucking macaroon.
>>
>>43660013
ohhh makes sense my bad :)
point is, you can copy equipments!
and, if you goggles when you cast kurkesh, you can make 4 equpiments per card
>>
>>43660038
Anything is possible with R&D's Secret Lair.
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>43659612
Found it. Didn't show up on the search because I was looking for "artifact" and not "equipment." So why is this card banned in modern? IIRC the game I played, the guy had some sort of bounce mechanic where she was exiled and then returned to the battlefield every turn.
>>
>>43659906
I am still pretty new, and I think its fair to say that things are both worded strangely in magic, and things you can do in response are not always clear.
>>
>ask my friend for his advice on Newzuri
>he tells me to run Mycoloth

What is people's fascination with this fucking piece of shit card? It's NEVER going to live all the way up to your next upkeep without either a Time Walk effect or stupid amounts of protection.
>>
>>43660167
>dies to removal
>>
>>43660115
it's banned in modern primarily for 2 reasons.
first of all, it's extremely overpowered because batterskull is in the format, which lets you put a 4/4 uncounterable lifelink vigilance that's also an equipment into play. without batterskull, she wouldn't be completely unequestionably overpowered, but she's obviously still powerful for being a 2 for 1 like snapcaster mage with the additional ability to cheat big equipments into play and circumvent counterspells on them.
the second reason she is banned is the reason they didn't just ban batterskull instead of her. wizards felt that her existence in modern put limits on the kinds of equipment they could put in the game, which is true. with her in the format they can't print particularly strong or impactful equipments, especially not ones that have etb effects like living weapon. as it turns out they didn't print any powerful equipment since banning her anyway, but they wanted that design space (equipments with etb effects) to be open to them in the future.
>>
>>43660115
turn 2 stoneforge, tutoring batterskull, turn 3 put it into play, turn 4 resto for jitte, you've now shut out every creature based deck
>>
>>43660186
>dies to removal while eating your board presence and not doing anything until your next turn
>>
File: rc190_bod3.jpg (72 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
rc190_bod3.jpg
72 KB, 620x410
>>43660115
Being able to get all the overpowered equipment spells in your deck onto the battlefield within a few turns is why. There's a reason most tutors are only spells, not creatures.
>>
>>43660198
>eating your board presence
The idea is you don't need to sac anything if you're not in a position too, just rely on ezuri triggers.
>>
>>43660115
It's banned because when modern first came out, there was a deck called Caw Blade that dominated the format, so they banned Jace and Stoneforge before the format was even played. It probably doesn't need to be banned considering the shit in modern right now, but it's modern so who gives a shit.
>>
>>43660115
Still kinda miffed that they didn't include Stoneforge Mystic, steelshaper's gift, or Stonehewer giant in that white precon from last year. I mean at least shove one in.
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>43660167
>run GU
>play with creatures that use +1/+1 counters a lot, like hydras
>summon Mycoloth, end your turn
>wait until your opponent passes
>if he doesn't use removal play this
>enjoy your dozens of saprolings

I would also recommend running with a Paradox Haze for multiple upkeep effects, got to be one of my favorite blue cards.
>>
>>43660302
They had every reason to include Stonehewer in the RW deck and didn't because they're gigantic faggots.
>>
File: batterskull.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
batterskull.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>43660193
>>43660194

>>43660223
no, it's literally just because of batterskull. cawblade didn't have batterskull at first and didn't get banned out until after batterskull was printed for it.

if you look at how busted snapcaster mage is, and you look at whether it should be banned or not (obviously not), it's pretty obvious stoneforge mystic could exist in modern and be fair if not for batterskull. but they aren't going to unban stoneforge and ban batterskull because like I said, they want the design space of poewrful equipments with etb abilities to remain open in the future.
>>
>>43660419
>they want the design space of poewrful equipments with etb abilities to remain open in the future.
If they playtest anything, sure. But they don't care the impact shit has on Modern.
>>
If I run multiple Ruination effects, is it still worth running Urborg Tomb of Yawgmoth when I plan on utilizing Ruination effects every single game? I'm not in combo, but since I'm in the colors for Urborg/Cryptghast, from what I've seen, it's really efficient.
>>
>>43660419

By that logic, Snapcaster limits the design space for printable spells. Then again, magic is Creatures: the Tappening, so there is no spell design space anyway.

Basically what >>43660468 said. How the hell do you think they let Cruise and DTT into the system? They certainly. Didn't test it for modern. They have also straight up said that they only test for standard.
>>
>>43660419
Do you think they'll ever revisit Living Weapon outside of Mirrodin?
>>
>>43659043
>card advantage is such a crucial part of a TCG that, realistically speaking, every color should have access to it in some form
Could agree more.

>>43660526
The article on the banning of Seething Song is the proof, motherfuckers still argued it deserved banning because nobody would go "Mountain, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Seeting Song, A FUCKING 5 MANA VANILLA go". AT LEAST ARGUE WITH A USEFULL CREATURE YOU FUCKERS, WHY WOULD SOMEBODY PLAY THAT FUCKING AINOK I FORGOT THE NAME ON TURN ONE??? OR ANY TURN FOR THAT MATTER??

At least Wizards understand combos and doesn't go "tribute the Rat" like Konami does on YGO.

>>43660550
Scytheclaw is an indicator of maybe I guess.
>>
>>43660517
RGx can get away with very few non basics

>>43660565
Scytheclaw IS Mirroden, though. The only places I can see it happening are Esper and Kaladesh.
>>
>>43660565
*couldn't, hurr
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.