[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D - /5eg/ 5th Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Dracolich.jpg (132 KB, 975x600) Image search: [Google]
Dracolich.jpg
132 KB, 975x600
Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition General Discussion

Old thread >>43628190

>All official WotC content here (now including the SCAG)
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Tools for 5e, other stuff, miscellaneous homebrews
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

>Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Map:
https://mega.nz/#!CowGWLKT!yiwaLeoLWcsV4d8uY5DmqsmPxTw3ZIdpz8xAzaYkQ5II

> November's Unearthed Arcana:
https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf

Polite reminder to READ THE DAMN BOOKS.

What are some interesting ways you or your DM has used dracoliches in your game?
>>
>>43643664

A lich had a dracolich familiar. It was also his lair. You walked in and Bam, it'd eat you up.
>>
>>43643664
I have yet to encounter a dragon ever in all of my time of playing Dungeons and Dragons.
>>
>>43643664
DM here, though I HAVE used:
>Alhoon
>Baelnorn
>Demilich
>Beholder Lich

I've considered using a demi-dracolich in a campaign before. Never got around to it.
>>
>>43643964
How does this even happen? Have you been playing for two days? Have you ever been in a dungeon?
>>
>>43643520

I know, but it's more about having a DM who realizes that. However the main reason I'm down on Wizards in OOTA is the unable to prepare spells outside of their first 5 until they get a new book together.
>>
What happens when a creature without an endoskeleton becomes a lich?
>>
>>43643991
2 years. I don't know, I brought this up with my group last week and everyone just had this big moment where we all realized we've never encountered a dragon in dungeons and DRAGONS. There was this collective, "Huh" from all of us.
>>
>>43644013
Assuming they have an exoskeleton they are probably much better preserved than endoskeletal liches. I'm sure they still show obvious signs of decay though.
>>
>>43644013
Exoskeleton lichifies.
Alternately, it goes full spectral and/or possesses some kind of item or construct.
>>
>>43644046
What if it's an Awakened Construct Lich? What if it's an Awakened Gelatinous Cube Lich?
>>
>>43643991
Too many people are so caught up with not being "generic". I play DUNGEONS and DRAGONS because I like DUNGEONS and I like DRAGONS.

>>43644037
What level are you guys at? You might just not be an appropriate level to actually face a dragon.
>>
>>43644037
Just means you've been playing too many low-level games.

Decent dragon encounters start at level 11+, really, and most games end around level 5-6 because of burnout or starting something new or just the length of time it takes to get things going.
>>
>>43643664
During Rise of Tiamat I kept dropping hooks for a Dracolich sidequest but the players wanted none of it
>>
>Play a druid
>Healing is shit
Is this just healing in general, or druid healing? Not a dedicated healer or anything, but healing a barbarian that nearly died last fight is a challenge
>>
>>43644522
Goodberry is pretty efficient healing...?
>>
>>43644544
Can Goodberry heal undead or simulacrums?
>>
>>43644544
Efficient, yes. Healing a barbarian that has lost 50+ health? That's a lot of slots
>>
>>43644581
Yes, no
>>
>>43644638
You use healing in combat for a quick boost e.g. healing word on a bonus action.
>>
>>43644653
I'm talking out of combat
>>
I'm doing a witcher-esque campaign where I've modified monsters so that they're extremely difficult to engage without proper planning, or in some cases taking proper measures outside of combat to give yourself an edge (burning the bones of a ghost for example). I'd like to make a bestiary highlighting some lore, abilities, weaknesses, and how one tackles these monsters, but I'm not sure whether giving them all of a creature's strengths and weaknesses is such a good idea.

At the same time I don't know how you would modify a bestiary you discovered if you aren't familiar with the creatures yourself, and at that point why would you even need it?

Any suggestions how to handle this?
>>
>>43644685
Higher level slots
Rest (w/ Song of Rest so it's admittedly the bard's domain)
Proficiencies
>>
>>43644522
It's better to prevent the damage in the first place than heal it later.
>>
>>43644803
Any common creatures should be included with most of their details, and best ways of killing them. Rarer creatures, or creatures that no one typically survives should have little info on. The book should either be found, or already had by a player. If players get a good knowledge check to learn about a creature when they see it, and after they beat it they should be able to add a large amount of info on the creature to the book.
>>
Thinking of running the Starter Set adventure, but I want to give my players a little more options for customization.

I'm thinking of using the backgrounds / backstories of the starter characters but letting the players pick a race / class. Maybe randomly assign the characters to the players?
>>
>>43645337
Just let them build what they want, you don't have to use the premades at all.
>>
>>43645418

But I like the backstories of the pregens, like the one Fighter who wants to kill the dragon in Thundertree.
>>
>>43644544
For a level 1 slot. So up to four times, 40 HP per day. Even from a level 2 slot, Cure Wounds is better because Goodberry doesn't scale.
>>
Is there any advice on the best build or options to play a primarily buff/debuff and healing character? Bard seems like the best choice but I thought I'd see what other options there are.
>>
>>43645548
Sorcerer's metamagic makes it a unique pick in that department since you can twin a spell and buff/debuff 2 targets. So you can enlarge the fighter and reduce whatever he's fighting at the same time, or haste your two martials. It's nice and favored soul can net you some extra spells to make up for your shallow spell list.
>>
>>43645446
>>43645337
Go for it, let them build the class/race they want and then inform them that their bond is X. Alternatively tell them "And in addition I'd like you to have these bonds, Dave yours is "I wanna kill the dragon in thundertree""
>>
>>43645548
Wizard is the best. There's an old guide from the Wizards forums that got copied before that ship sank:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IeOXWvbkmQ3nEyM2P3lS8TU4rsK6QJP0oH7HE_v67QY/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZHzEjiHvtDItZE2ixfoYwqi7brTO-ag8uBJndE5saro/edit
>>
>>43645548
Buff/Debuff and healing? I'd go cleric but bard can work
>>
>Ultra limiting GM
>When he's a player expects to be allowed to pick anything from anywhere, specially non tested homebrewed shit
Fuck this shit, and this is not the first time, why all this kind of GMs are the same?
>>
>>43645548
Paladin, Bard, Life Cleric are more or less the main options for that.
>>
So... this is a 3.5 question but I don't see a D&D 3.5 thread or anything

So... say I play a Cleric and Prestige into Walker in the Wastes +1 to existing spell class so say I go into Walker in the Wastes at level 3.

Now i lose one CL due to prestiging into the class.

So at Cleric 3/ Walker 3 I would get access to 3rd level cleric spells right? (Since my CL is 5)

I've only really played Shadowrun and 5E so far but I found a 3.5 group
>>
>>43644072
>>43644102
My group encountered a dragon in our (second?) session, doing Lost Mines. It was pretty cool. When it was scripted to fly away, the party was still determined to kill it, so the fighter-with-bows kept firing at it, managing to curve the arrows to hit it for a solid 3 or 4 turns, before it was gone for good.

Since then, however, not a single dragon.
>>
>>43646067
Not a clue. We play 5e. You'd have better luck in the Pathfinder thread given how similar they are.
>>
>>43646134
Man these threads not a year ago were practically all about 3.5e even when 5E released people were still arguing if 3.5 or 4E was better.
>>
>>43646148
Thank Christ that's not the case anymore.
>>
>>43645748
Honestly probably doing it just so you can see what its like. And if you say yes and it destroys your campaign he has fuel for the next time he says no.
>>
File: 1447053354829.png (75 KB, 327x330) Image search: [Google]
1447053354829.png
75 KB, 327x330
>go to take a piss
>come back and party is in the middle of opening a sarcophagus
>"YOU HAVE DISTURBED THE TOMB"
>everyone gets cursed
>except for me
>>
>>43646739
>Honestly probably doing it just so you can see what its like
What? limiting to the point of absurd (he banned fighter because STRONK and monk because doesn't belong to D/D) when he GMs but being a cunt when he's a player? never had problems with other players, and those other players usually ask for more content, but he doesn't ask, he fucking forces you to allow it, and not official stuff, no, homebrewed and untested shit

Fuck him, I already kicked him out like I did with previous cunts like him
>>
>>43646775
>Doing anything more than resolving in-progress actions and scenery description while a player isn't there.

I wouldn't personally, but lucky break bro.
>>
>>43645748
This is pretty common dunno why, I guess they're power hungry faggots, and that is there nomatter you're a player or a GM, they just want to win.
>>
>>43646847
>he banned fighter because STRONK and monk because doesn't belong to D/D
I see nothing wrong with these, specially the second.
>>
File: 1446571646449.png (125 KB, 389x532) Image search: [Google]
1446571646449.png
125 KB, 389x532
>>43646848

Even after being cursed the druid checked the body for loot, now he's knocking on coffins in another room.
>>
File: 1446253990559.jpg (35 KB, 337x611) Image search: [Google]
1446253990559.jpg
35 KB, 337x611
One of my guys want to play a skeleton fighter should i allow it? What are the pros/cons of this?
>>
>>43646981

Four specters popped out and are now attacking the party.
>>
>>43646983
if it fits in your setting and you like his backstory then yes, if not then no
>>
>>43646983
Depends on the setting and his backstory.
If you can deal with all the bone puns that will inevitably make their way into the game, allow it. If not, you're boned.
>>
>>43647041
>>43647157
should this guy have any immunities or bonuses? Ill grant him darkvision because why not.
>>
>>43647188
I was the guy last thread doing the homebrew orcs. Do you want me to try stat up a somewhat balanced skeleton race? I was considering having playable undead in my setting, so skeletons could be good.
>>
>>43647215
sure if its not too much ttrouble
>>
>>43647188
>bone-uses
He'd probably be lighter and have a resistance to cutting or piercing weapons as well.
No healing abilities, but he can replace broken parts if given a skeleton of his type, or with those of a similar type given enough time.

Without those, he can jury-rig a foreign part to fit quickly at the cost of a temporary debuff to a ability score until he finds a proper fit.

He's undead, so do with that as you wish. No breathing, no unconsciousness, higher Con score, can't become fatigued, etc. Add in some negatives as well. No unconsciousness means going to a negative HP is instant death, healing spells do damage to you, Cha penalty, etc.
>>
>>43644803
Give it Resistances to attacks that don't have extremely specify descriptors.
>>
File: Radiant Worlds.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Radiant Worlds.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43647258
Okay, here's what I've got so far. It's on page 3 of the pdf. Tell me if anything seems imbalanced or doesn't seem to fit.
>>
So I made the mistake of not doing enough research when making my Warlock. I went Great Old One and then chose Pact of the Blade... and I can't help but think I would have been better off going with The Tome. Is there any way I could switch my Pact Boon or should I just try sticking with blade?
>>
>>43647590
I'm >>43647320, not the guy asking, but I'm really digging this.
I'd personally add the healing thing, but that's a matter of taste I guess.

Now the real question is, what happens if his player tries to steal the abilities of other creatures by taking their parts?
>>
>>43647608
Ask your GM... or become creative.

Some people argue that you can change the form of your Pact Weapon... even if it was a magic weapon you bonded. So suddenly your +1 Bow becomes a +1 Greataxe you are proficient with.

Essentially its because it says when you summon your pact weapon you can decide its form but eh.
>>
>>43647590

That age part

"not considered adults until their best their first foe"

their best their
>>
>>43647447
I was thinking about making the whole book really ratty and the notes inside basically scribbles and stuff, the writer not being concerned with others being able to read his writing or maybe he had gone a little mad living among monsters for so long, whatever. That would mean they just straight up wouldn't be able to read all of his notes immediately, but that's also a good idea. I could leave it more up to fluff and whether they interpret it correctly instead of just saying, "It's a lycanthrope so it's resistant to non-silver weapons."
>>
File: doot.png (55 KB, 292x172) Image search: [Google]
doot.png
55 KB, 292x172
>>43647842
Thanks, lol.

>>43647697
I've added this to the end of the traits section. Does this convey what you wanted well enough?
>>
>>43647915
Even better than I could have. If it was me, it would have been a rambling six paragraphs, filled with terrible analogies, repetitions of the same sentences in increasingly simpler ways, and at least one paragraph of non-stop bone puns.

You done good, kid. You done real good.
>>
>roll a Barbarian using inspiration from a Grateful Dead song
>he was born in a desert, raised in a lion's den
>DM decides he's Conan
>decided the best way to fuck with Conan is with magic
>not the worst idea he's ever had
>sends faeries to fuck with me
>all faeries, all the time
>they throw shit in my face
>they bite through my ropes
>they broke my 10-ft pole
>they steal my weapons
>I am visibly antagonized, even by Barbarian standards
>I tame a rage drake with my own anger
>me and Spikey wage a war against the Fae
>Elves try to hunt me down since they owe the littlefolk
>too bad, so mad
>eventually force my way into the Faerie Kingdom
>Spikey is like Godzilla to their buildings
>I stomp the Faerie queen (not that one, fuckers) into the ground

And that is how I have become Mr. Crocker from Fairly Oddparents in a fucking D&D campaign.
>>
>>43648079
So... did you nuke Fairy world?

Butch Hartman made some good fucking cartoons
>>
>>43647994
It took a great deal of effort to not do exactly that. Even then I still can't tell if it's not descriptive enough or too descriptive. I'm an awful writer ;_;
>>
File: Radiant Worlds.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Radiant Worlds.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43647915
Here's the updated pdf.
>>
>>43643964
Play Lost Mines of Phandelver. They will get you hooked up with a Dragon no problem.
>>
Anyone else want to make Dragons more like Forces of Nature?

Essentially all dragons do is hoard treasure and shit and the only major difference is what they collect and where they live.

Instead I imagine Green Dragons as literally being part of Nature itself. Trees and grass and vines grow on their backs some even have "scales" that are bark. Black Dragons are equivalent to corpses buried in swamp spending years buried beneath the muck making the land toxic to humans and etc.

Perhaps this is at ancient level or something but essentially they slowly become like an elemental.

Red Dragons eventually become capable of spewing magma and their skin is made of Obsidan and shit.

Blue dragons start growing crystals/glass and shit as they like to live underground in the desert their lightning makes glass and etc.
>>
File: 1422668673948.jpg (307 KB, 800x565) Image search: [Google]
1422668673948.jpg
307 KB, 800x565
I went to Encounters at my FLGS for the first time today.
Two guys who rolled up a Dwarf Warlock and Elf Barbarian were really social and fun to play with and moved the story along, and bantered. One older guy played a knight-in-shining-armor style fighter, and wasn't pushy in interaction, but roleplayed good well. Another didn't want to write a new character and got a random pregen, and scratched his new exiled dwarf rogue down as Neutral Evil before someone reminded him you couldn't in AL (He changed to Lawful on paper but played just as destructively) The last guy who I'm told often DMs brought his ~10 year old daughter who watched videos on a tablet while he pulled out a level 3 CN Necromancer and proceeded to be nearly as disruptive as possible.

Are these trends or something?
>>
>>43649106
>Are these trends or something?
Not so much a trend as a law of nature. Organized play is a huge mixed bag. You're likely to run into shitbags on a regular basis.
>>
>>43649106
Encounters will ban a GM from GMing if a player dies while he GMs

I shit you not. Encounters is horrid
>>
>>43649106
>Some cool guys, some ignorable guys, some complete asshats that ruin everything
The actual trend with Encounters/Adventurer's League play is that the people who are enjoyable to play with only stick around for 2-3 months before they're driven off by the shithead players until eventually the whole table is That Guy

>~10 year old daughter
I see lots of dads bring 3-6 year olds with to game sessions that just hang out in the corner doing their own thing, but at 10 that's ridiculous. By that age dad either shouldn't need to bring her with or she should just be playing herself, hell I've had great, long-term players as young as 8.
>>
>>43649178
I did not know that. I guess they do that to ensure no one feels bad for dying and quits or something? Or is there a more in depth reason?
>>
>>43649291
Pretty much that...

Fucking hugbox bullshit.

Characters should be able to die
>>
>>43648179

No, I didn't nuke Fairy world, but I made it...implausible that Fairies would try to fuck with me in my lifetime. They may or may not have a dirge referencing the time Nordrik showed up.
>>
>>43649291

Encounters progress is tracked on a character, is the real reason. If a character dies, any progress made in their faggy meta-system doesn't transfer over.
>>
>>43649302
Agreed. I hate it when there is no hint of danger.

though I will admit that I don't like it when characters die just because the enemy was too powerful for the party to fight. My group fought a young green Dragon at level 3 and half the party almost died because it's breathe weapon easily destroyed everyone's hit points. Only the dwarf cleric could withstand the attack and live. Honestly we all would have died if your ranger had not crit it for 40 points of damage. Was fun all and all but fuck it was stressful.
>>
>>43649446
My group fought a young white dragon in 5e. It failed its save to not go blind and it quickly died because its attacks missed
>>
>>43649486

Don't all dragons have blindsense?
>>
>>43649519
Even Wyrmlings have blindsight 10 ft.
>>
>>43649486
Very nice. White dragons seem to have worse saves that the other dragons but still that's impressive.

Apparently green dragons tent to ready attack actions a lot. Tail slapped the fighter as he we went through a doorway to get up to him and breathe attacked me as I popped out to scorching Ray him.
>>
>Adult green dragon
>Level 8
>The way we walk in was a narrow corridor
>Breath
>DC 18 con save
>All fail
>Most of the party is now at below 10 health
>>
>>43649610
That would suck. Are green dragons the only ones who use cunning tricks to fuck up parties this bad?
>>
>>43649610
Run and come back later with anti-dragon bat spray. It's not that hard.
>>
So, my players killed a unicorn and the 5e book says that they will face divine retribution. What should they face? The characters are all level 5 and are listed below:
> Sorcerer Halfelf Literal fuckboi uses charisma to get away with murder of random shop keepers so he doesn't have to pay for stuff.
>Monk Drow with a pet tiger. Monk is a nudist based off the teacher from Kill la Kill. Tried to gamble with a death knight that was hunting them and got himself killed before multiple times.
>Human Fighter, ex-ruler of a country that fought and eventually succumbed to vampires. Believes that an elf named Aumanas is to blame and is slowly becoming more and more corrupt. He ended up soloing the unicorn and sliced off its head in anger, while the others killed the unicorn's allies and raided its lair.
>>
File: guZr65f[1].png (177 KB, 345x352) Image search: [Google]
guZr65f[1].png
177 KB, 345x352
>>43649658
I forgot
>Dragon uses his lair action next
>>
>>43649446
LMOP? Yeah that's not an encounter you're meant to fight your way out of. You need to talk around Venomfang.

>>43649679
>Uses Charisma to get away with murder

Unless he's bribing people that really shouldn't work.

>Monk

Okay that guy souns funny

>Fighter

That's... cool I guess, what compelled you to allow that backstory?

As to the unicorn, send fanatical Eladrin devotees of Silvanus after them or something, assassins who ambush them at night by poofing into their camp, kicking over the fire and laying into them.
>>
>>43649843
I tried to do that (I was a Dragon sorcerer so I managed to persuade him to trust me), but the fighter literally charged it and started axing him and ranger shot at him and basically I was forced to chose between betraying the party or to join the fight because it ended up going past the point of negotiation after the ranger crit him.
>>
>>43649679
8-10 real-world months from now just randomly have all their characters fall over dead as an act of divine retribution for killing that unicorn they completely forgot about
>>
>>43649843
Dm for the monk, fighter and sorcerer here. Sorcerer uses charisma to get targets to lower their guard and give him better prices then blows them away. Monk has a tiger because he was formerly a ranger and really wanted a tiger so its a medium sized tiger instead of large. And the fighter's backstory was allowed because the sorcerer didn't create a backstory for his character and the monk just wants to make people become nudist.
>>
>>43649893
Ah, well there's no accounting for moronic teammates.
>>
>>43649178
>Encounters will ban a GM from GMing if a player dies while he GMs
>If a player dies
It seems like that should be rare enough that there shouldn't be a standard rule about it. I could see it justified if the GM refuses to pause game for the paramedics or something though.
>>
>>43650075
Yeah. Luckily my talking to him and ultimately distracting him did allow for some players to get to some tactical positions around his lair.
>>
File: elesa_norn_by_aerlai-d59z635.jpg (175 KB, 900x1241) Image search: [Google]
elesa_norn_by_aerlai-d59z635.jpg
175 KB, 900x1241
how would you guys stat pic related for 5e?
im going to be running a New Phyrexian campaign, with players as members of the mirran resistance
also whats a generally good way to deal with cat people? should i let players be them if they choose?
>>
>>43650242
and by cat people i mean the actual furry cat people, not the qt elesh fanart i forgot she was a cat in.
>>
File: 1435476066559.jpg (752 KB, 800x1005) Image search: [Google]
1435476066559.jpg
752 KB, 800x1005
>>43650242
>also whats a generally good way to deal with cat people? should i let players be them if they choose?
Only if they play as small cat people.
>>
File: i4NkDCksvL_EN.jpg (216 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
i4NkDCksvL_EN.jpg
216 KB, 265x370
>>43650278
as adorable as that would be, the cat people are usually this size
>>
>>43649679

>The sorcerer contracts an uncurable wasting sickness that gradually drains his charisma away to nothing while imposing disadvantage on all charisma-based checks due to his now-hideous visage
>The Monk's tiger becomes rabid and dies after scarring the monk's body forever; without clothing, the world can see his horrible scars
>The Fighter is led away from his allies by an old subordinate with secret information, who is killed moments before the fighter has to fight an entire blessing of unicorns with paladin levels
>>
>>43650305
What, the size of a card? PC races shouldn't really be Tiny.
>>
>>43649953
Unicorn wise, have a magic skeleton show up and give them a bad time.
>>
>>43650591
oh you silly memer you, the cat people in mtg are human sized
>>
>>43650601
I know I know, honestly for cat people a different flavour of Wood Elves makes some sense. Dex, Wis, speed and stealth. Change out the weapon training and find something to switch Fey Ancestry for and you're good.
>>
>>43650636
Is there any comprehensive guides on how to scale monsters? I want a party of 6 level 20s to be able to fight things which usually have a fairly low challenge rating with some challenge involved.
>>
>>43650667
Beef up the numbers, more HP, bigger damage dice, legendary actions can help as well.

The DMG has guidelines for what HP/AC and what DPR a certain CR of monster should churn out, you work out their offensive and defensive CR separately and then take the average. Consult that for ideas.
>>
So, I am having trouble on deciding which invocation I want to get next on my about to be level 5 warlock. I have agonizing blast and Devil sight atm. I'm a human warlock playing through OotA. I took the moderately armored feat as my human feat and I took the tome pact / fiend patron options. What invocations could I get that would work best in OotA?
>>
>>43644803
is the beastiary for your reference or the players?
if its for the players I'd ust make it look in the style of some dead explorer's journal or manual and keep the details vague so you can come up with what exactly meets your requirements to assist the players. That way your not spoon feeding the players and also not drowning them in rules about monsters they need to remember
>>
>>43651383
Book of Shadows for extra spells or Repelling Blast.
>>
>>43650636
Probably proficiency in acrobatics and advantage on perception checks that rely on hearing or smell. Bears/wolves/big cats get the advantage thing in the MM and it seems like a good fit.
>>
>>43651507
I've considered book of shadows, but being in the underdark will limit my ability to fully use it. Is there any really good rituals I should keep an eye out for?
>>
>>43651556
Book of ancient secrets*
>>
Arcana Cleric with Magic Initiate (Druid), or
Nature Cleric with Magic Initiate (Wizard)?
>>
>>43652277
Arcane cleric seems better to me. You get your wisdom added to your cleric cantrip damage, and the wizard cantrips you pick up from arcane count as cleric cantrips for this feature.
>>
Crazy shit that would destroy balance, I'll start
>If you're a monk you can use Dex instead of Str for Athletics for grapple/shove rolls
>>
File: goat sandwich.png (283 KB, 636x700) Image search: [Google]
goat sandwich.png
283 KB, 636x700
>>43649680
>someone wrote this for a game where the gridmap was supposed to be optional
>>
>>43652382
>Making the monk more overpowered than he's
>>
>>43649679
Unicorn revenant
>>
>>43652382
WOAH, BUDDY! WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS IS, EXALTED?

here, let's do it the other way around instead and nerf a class isntead
>wizard can only cast Mordenkainen's Multiverse Manipulator 27 times a day
>>
>>43652393
>where the gridmap was supposed to be optional

It was never optional, they just said it was to appease the theater of the mind faggots.
>>
>>43652458
To be fair, some people can pull it off. Most don't have the mental aptitude though.
>>
Do you think my party would be pissed if I immediately killed their characters and forced them to switch to undead?
>>
>>43652829
>"forced" them to "switch" to "undead"
there are rules for exactly none of this, so basicall you're going to ask them to write 'SPOOKY SCARY SKELETON OF' in front of their character names and call it a day?

who cares
>>
>>43652829
Why not? Ravenloft did it in The Grim Harvest.
>>
>>43652837
Thinking more or changing their character so that they have homebrewed Undead racials rather than what you rolled.
>>
File: she saw your post.gif (1009 KB, 213x255) Image search: [Google]
she saw your post.gif
1009 KB, 213x255
>>43652850
then you can go ahead and dunk that idea in the garbage, why did you bother putting them through character creation if you're just going to take their sheet and doodle all over it with red pen like a grade school teacher

unless the racials are "exactly the same as the ones you have, plus one SPOOKY UNDEAD THEMED ribbon ability"
>>
>>43652864
You seem to be very reactive about this topic. Did your DM put you through something similar and you hated it? Or are you just buttblasted for the sake of it.

Anyway, I think if I do it, the best way would be to give them certain traits, rather than overhaul their entire character.
>>
>>43652393
>15 hp
>vulnerability to fire
Did you go after a green dragon and not bring a torch?
>>
File: 1442976152074.jpg (161 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442976152074.jpg
161 KB, 600x600
>>43652893
>calls a shitty idea shit
>butthurd :DDD

don't ask for feedback if you just wanted to spend some time in a hugbox, That DM
>>
>>43652829
Only if you don't tell them beforehand and they don't agree to it.
>>
>>43652909
I am trying to get feedback, but you're just spurting the same shit. I realised my original is probably bad - if i didn't i wouldn't have changed it, but you didn't even put effort in to feedback for my change, instead opting to shitpost.
>>
Are any of the Half-Elf variants any good?
>>
>>43652829
Probably. Unless you tell them beforehand and they like the idea, most players would be Pissed if they took the time to build a character and pick a race and a class and a strategy for that character to just have it be scrapped for spooky skeletons and zombies for characters.
>>
File: 7000 skelintson.png (835 KB, 1347x710) Image search: [Google]
7000 skelintson.png
835 KB, 1347x710
>>43652945
>"would it be OK if I killed my party and raised them as the dead?"
>"sure, since there's no rules for undead cha-"
>"actually i meant I'm going to change all their racials"
>"that's retarded and so are you"
>"rectumrumpled XD"

you've clearly already built your railroad, Mr. Conductor, so go ahead and drive everybody down the tracks like >>43652942 says, can't nobody on 4chan gonna stop you from Killing You Are Friends
>>
>>43652829
>immediately
Yes, unless the only difference was that they got undead resistances or a ribbon power and they were allowed to control what their strain of undeath made them look like.
>>
>>43652963
Depends on what you get. The swim speed is good in a water / ocean intense game, the mask of the wild is helpful for a stealth based character in a wilderness intense game, and the weapon training is helpful for half elf casters & rogues. The rest is sorta subpar in comparison to 2 skill proficiencies.
>>
Hey, can I have your thoughts on Ancient Paladins? Better worse or the same as Vengeance Paladins? Just any thoughts at all, really.
>>
>>43652829
>immediately
>>43652845
Wait, I missed this. No. Death Triumphant does it halfway through, and it's the third of three modules detailing a major change in the setting.
>>
>>43653096
The channel divinity is not bad but it doesn't ring anything for me. It's a nice feature.

Aura of Warding is very very very strong if you face spellcasters.

Undying sentinel is nice but a bit weak now that the monk of the long death can do the same for 1 ki point that regenerate on short rest.

The Elder Champion feature is very nice. I think it's the strongest archetyep capstone of the Paladin but I didn't crunch the numbers

For the RP part, the Oath is nice and feel fresh. I'm used to the No fun allowed Paladin and here you have a Let's get drunk and fuck chicks Paladin. 10/10, would adventure with
>>
>>43653012
Wait what? How is my >>43652942 post in any way encouraging him to railroad his players?
>>
>>43652382
I already allow that.
>>
File: thats the joke.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thats the joke.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>43653203
>>
>wall of force
Why is this a thing?
>>
>>43653443
Because it's old.
>>
>>43653443
Your lack of faith is disturbing
>>
Does careful spell only effect the initial casting, or saving throws after as well? Lets say I cast a careful stinking cloud, would my allies just be immune to it?
>>
>>43653096
My favorite Paladin, especially multiclass stopping at 7 or 8
>>43652963
For a Lore Bard, I like Half-Drow because 3 more spells is competitive with the 9th and 10th skill.
>>
>>43643664
Arent Dragons pretty much endgame?
Unless we are talking about younglings, which are lame.
>>
>>43654301
No, I kill dragons like... all the time.
>>
>>43654301
Depends on the dragon, it's age, and type.
We're around 9th level and we threw down with one just a little while ago.
>>
>>43654347
It was no biggie
>>
LFG: 4 cool dudes for a nautical campaign.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1109389/all-for-naut-pirate-adventures
>>
>>43655151
Can't see the link's content.
>>
>>43655456
Sorry about that.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/35314/all-for-naut-pirate-adventures
>>
File: 1429403762657.png (184 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1429403762657.png
184 KB, 500x375
>>43655484
>>43655151

>To join this game, please post a topic with your character concept. Bonus points: attach a brief writing sample or tale from a previous game.

Fuck that. Don't recruit people like that.
>>
>>43643664
We're a group of three players, and we take turns DMing story arcs. In the first arc, an overarching threat was established, a dracolich's spirit returned into a little sorcerer girl to regain its lost power over time, and when it came to my turn, I've used the dracolich to dispose of my previous character because I've taken a liking to one of my NPCs. I've been using that NPC as my PC ever since. The dracolich is holding the souls of the previous character and his wife, and already started taking over a city of medium importance, starting from the criminal underworld.
>>
>>43655484
Would have been interested but can't voice talk in english for shit.
>>
>>43655533
Too much work? I'm genuinely interested in suggestions; this is my first time DMing online.
>>
Does an Arcana Cleric using Sword Burst add Wisdom to damage on each creature in range, or just one?
>>
Anyone has a Mega link for 4e stuff?
My group decided they wanted to give it a shot, and I have none of the books.
>>
Is there some kind of monster design guidelines?
>>
>>43655956
You roll damage for all the creatures at the same time, so it doesn't matter. They all take xd6 + Wis.

>>43656183
Check the DMG, pg 273 onward.
>>
>>43656201
Thanks. Finally I can properly design the teddy bear golems and the animated fluffy pillows.
>>
>>43656232
>investigating an abandoned house
>enter little girl's room, completely empty
>really creepy
>swarmed by pillows and teddy bears that pin your whole party down and smother them to death
Christ how horrifying
>>
>>43656285

I am planning on having a dining room in a dungeon I make for my PCs where EVERYTHING is an animated object.

The table. The chairs. The silverware. The chandelier. The rug. All of it.
>>
>>43656285
Well, almost. I'm planning on my character getting kidnapped by a loli lich to play games, and the other two must enter her "dungeon" to save him. So far, I've come up with ideas for silly traps (with the help of some /tg/ people), like pressure plates that when stepped on shower them with potpourri from the ceiling, dart traps with soft pillows instead, a pit filled with a slime-like substance that is actually pudding and jello; answering a childish riddle formed by one of the brightly dressed skeletal guardians, stuff like that.
>>
>>43643664
so was doing mines of phandelvar today first time and we didn't get past the dragon without some major fudging by the DM which has left me a bit depressed

what were they thinking with that fight
10d6? vs level 3s?
>>
>>43656339
Even the coasters?

How horrifying.
>>
>>43656396
I was remembering this when I read >>43648598

I remember Wizards of the Coast did a video introduction where they talked about it, and it seems like it was a marketing decision to include a dragon in a game called "Dungeons & Dragons".

The presentation of the wrecked town is pretty cool, but I wish they gave more of an alternative to fighting. The whole thing feels like an arena where you're supposed to fight a dragon. And you can, and you don't have to kill the dragon, but there's not much else to work from. I think there's one line about how the dragon rarely leaves the tower or something, which some DMs have interpreted to help the players out.
>>
What about a sorcerer path to vary spell DC with metamagic options?
Is this idea enough for a whole sorcerer path?
Someone has talked about a gambler class before, would this be a good way to theme the mechanics? You would be betting against the dice with how you raise or lower your DC (remove one damage die to increase DC, add one damage die to decrease DC, extra effects as well as existing metamagic options.)
>>
>>43656895
1.There is already a metamagic option to give people disadvantage on their saving throws.
2. Even if you made a class archetype about metamagic it wouldn't be very fun since you can only apply one metamagic option to a spell, and there are already plenty of very powerful options.
3. There is a reason caster DCs don't go over 19 in this edition. Numbers are kept small so the d20 roll matters in this edition. If you raise the DC above 20 it will literally be impossible for loadsa people to ever make that save (20s don't let you autosucceed on saving throws anymore, except for the fact that no saves currently go over 20). Its set at 19 so if a fighter with 8 wis has to make a wisdom saving throw, he still has a chance. Only a 5% chance, but a chance.

Don't mess with that, its important to the system that you don't ever mess with that.
>>
>>43655962
For 4e? Somebody put up pdfs to google drive, you can find them with a quick search (4e pdf google drive).

I got the offline builder in my dropbox, and it's also up on 4shared. You shouldn't need anything else.
>>
>>43657384
Found it, thanks man. Didn't know about the google drive collection.
>>
>>43649276
>The actual trend with Encounters/Adventurer's League play is that the people who are enjoyable to play with only stick around for 2-3 months before they're driven off by the shithead players until eventually the whole table is That Guy
Or the good players meet the other good players and they go off to do their own game.
>>
So is wall of force pretty much just 'I don't want to deal with you right now, so stay in this bubble for the next 10 minutes'?
>>
>>43657645
I help the prospective 4e players in the small ways I can. (like telling everyone to use MM3 math and the fixed skill challenges, in case you didn't know yet).
>>
>>43647020
>posting about your game in the middle of your game
>>
File: 1406919144770.jpg (11 KB, 228x246) Image search: [Google]
1406919144770.jpg
11 KB, 228x246
>>43657885

It's easy when I'm not in the middle of desecrating graves and murdering people like you.
>>
So my party and I are at castle skyreach in the final episode of hotdq.

We managed to diplomacy our way out of the blogathkus encounter. We aren't going near the vampire (unless there is treasure up there?).

Rezmir almost killed us all. The mask teleported away. I got the sword. We are taking a long rest in her room.

Azbara Jos and Rath Mondar are going to be in the red wizard tower, we won't have to fight the stone giants (i don't think), and I'm scared of Glazehowl.

How can we avoid dying?
>>
>>43658418
By crashing that castle. With no survivors!
>>
>>43658524
I sure hope the floating castle lands right on top of some ancient civilization to undo poor decisions made during the last edition of the game.

Just sayin'.
>>
>>43644064
Then is lives in the ethereal plane between the shadow-fell and the prime-material.
>>
Where is that table showing how many money is possible to earn using Performance?
>>
>>43649564
There are no readied actions in 5e
Errata says so.
>>
>>43659646
What, seriously?

So hasted rogue readying an action to attack off-turn isn't a thing anymore?
>>
File: bait elf.png (42 KB, 249x284) Image search: [Google]
bait elf.png
42 KB, 249x284
>>43659646
>pic related

>>43659678
Ready is an action.

The Sage Advice column (not errata) confirmed that delaying your turn isn't part of 5e for a number of reasons.
>>
>>43659564
Page 187 of the PHB?

But you don't earn money, you support a wealthy lifestyle.

Someone who takes the Entertainer background can support a modest or comfortable lifestyle.
>>
>>43649679
Adventurer AIDS.
Really.
You know, people used to call it elf cancer, back when we thought only elfs could get it.

Or sickness that drains/gives disavantage on their main States. Campaign may grow frustrating after that.
>>
>>43659717
Thank you, I thought that I saw a table with gains based in your performance roll.
>>
>>43652413
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>43659723
Is that some grognard joke?
>>
File: 4e_orc.jpg (55 KB, 310x449) Image search: [Google]
4e_orc.jpg
55 KB, 310x449
Help me background a huge female orc that want's to be the greatest stealthy thief/rouge
>>
Where is the rule of the group test stealth?
>>
>>43660005
You travel at a slow pace, you're able to use stealth, you each make Dexterity (Stealth) checks, as per the rules on PHB 177.
>>
>>43659970
>brought up on the streets of an orc/otherraces settlement
>local thieves try to intice her with money to be muscle for them
>sees all these thieves with riches
>gonna steal shit it makes more money than being tough.
>>
>>43655484
Would you allow a seagull aarakocra?
>>
File: humanWarlockSoldierSpells.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
humanWarlockSoldierSpells.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43645641
this
also, i made a background for a warlock that goes with LMOP. includes leveling since i know most of my players wont know what to pick for spells so this saves time.
>>
>>43660865
Absolutely!
>>
File: nentir_vale.png (2 MB, 1007x673) Image search: [Google]
nentir_vale.png
2 MB, 1007x673
I want to run a Points of Light campaign in 5e, but I want to include stuff like:
>The Great Wheel cosmology
>Aasimar

How do I go about doing that?
>>
File: 1443230651419.gif (998 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443230651419.gif
998 KB, 500x281
>>43662138
Step 1: Look in the back of the PHB for the great wheel.
Step 2: Look in the DMG for aasimar stats.
>>
>>43662138
Oh, also:
>Racial (Elven, dwarvish, halfling, etc.) pantheons
>>
>>43662164
SCAG.
>>
Quick question

What would be better for a group containing the following: Wizard, Bladelock, Crossbow Rogue, and Life cleric.

I want to play either a OotA Paladin or a BM fighter. Which would be a better fit?
>>
>>43662613
Either one is fine. You might have some fun party interplay between the cleric, rogue, warlock and paladin, if you care for that.

The fighter can team up with the Warlock to make sure your party eats lunch and rests like normal people, since they'll both have strong short rest abilities. Though that shouldn't really be a problem in this group.
>>
>>43662613
Another Wizard
>>
Running Out of the Abyss.
My players managed to kill Ilvara at 4th level with help from that fireball necklace they found in that tomb with Dawnbringer...
Jorlan surrendered, and they let him go... They've been in blingdenstone, for a bit, and are on their way to Neverlight Grove to pick up the fungus for the weapons against the oozes...Is there anything I should do now to replace the Drow?
>>
>>43662613
Probably paladin if only because your class is low on buffers imo.

>>43662843
Ancients doesn't really care about rogues especially since rogue isn't a kleptomaniac AD&D thief no matter how hard the 3e player base tries to make it so.
>>
>>43662947
So the paladin bros it up with the rogue. I don't see the problem.
>>
>>43662947
>>43662843
Well the rogue is wanting to be a "master sniper" and refers to himself only as deadeye so I dont think I will have a problem with him.

>>43662880
Why? Wouldnt I be stepping on the other wizards toes?
>>
1st level warlock here: Would I be better served going all 20 levels of Warlock or finding a way to justify jumping to Sorcerer once I get the book?
>>
>>43663065
Honestly I don't even get people saying you need a wizard in 5th. I've played with parties with two full casters out of 5 (and witnh no cleric or wizard present) and none of the doom and gloom expected happened.
>>
File: jck.gif (906 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
jck.gif
906 KB, 500x282
>Warhorses (CR 1/2) are listed in the PHB as 400 gold.
>Elephants (CR 4) are 200 gold and can carry twice as much

This is absurd.

On a related note, how much do you guys reckon a siege cannon weighs/costs? How about a ballista?
>>
File: herald caller.gif (823 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
herald caller.gif
823 KB, 500x270
>>43663118
>two full casters
>>
>>43663130
>On a related note, how much do you guys reckon a siege cannon weighs/costs? How about a ballista?

Probably more than an elephant.
>>
>>43663179
How much for a ballista that fires elephants?
>>
File: 1331684938984.jpg (112 KB, 720x476) Image search: [Google]
1331684938984.jpg
112 KB, 720x476
DMing a game for a bunch of people who have never played before. Plus I've never tried 5th ed before, used to 3.5. So far we've figured everything out, but I was hoping for some clarifications.

One character is playing a monk. We're trying to figure out proficiencies. What qualifies as a monk weapon? It says short swords plus all simple weapons except those that have the two-handed property. Then it says that a quarterstaff counts, even though it has the versatile property, which meas one or two hands. I'm assuming this mean monks aren't prof with short bows, right?

Is there a reason there aren't any descriptions for weapons? Even a sentence or two? I get that for the most part it is pretty obvious what a dagger is etc, but nothing at all? What's a dart? Is it just a dart like used with a dartboard? Cuz that shouldn't do 1d4. Does it mean throwing knife? Why does that not fall under dagger? Does a shuriken count as a dart or it's own thing?

Sorry if any of this is above in the thread. I haven't read yet. If so, please link.
>>
>>43663234
Shortbows are not simple weapons. Some elves get weapon proficiency racial.

Darts like blowdart style darts except bigger. Stat a shuriken however you want, it's your game
>>
>>43663161
>implying
The bard picked a flavorful playlist and mostly contributed with songs, fighting and minor utility. The battlemaster and the thief did as much if not more in and out of combat.
>>
>>43663234
>>43663447
Actually the DMG explicitly states to stat shuriken like darts.
>>
File: angel summoner.png (278 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
angel summoner.png
278 KB, 800x450
>>43663475
I'm sure they used their BMX skills to fight crime by shoving enemies ten feet or dealing an extra d6 of damage. everybody is a loved and valued member of the D&D family.
>>
File: 7VLuRJF.jpg (209 KB, 554x831) Image search: [Google]
7VLuRJF.jpg
209 KB, 554x831
>>43663234 is me

>>43663447
>>43663520
It says on PHB 149 that the shortbow is simple. Longbow is martial. Also, darts are thrown weapons not ammo. Blowguns are martial and do 1 point of damage.
>>
>>43663581
Of course virt, that's all they could do, I am amazed at your talents at being a creative DM.
>>
File: y2d2n7D.jpg (539 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
y2d2n7D.jpg
539 KB, 2448x1836
>>43663520
I'm not seeing where in the DMG it says that. What's it under?
>>
>>43663648
pg.41, the side table that's labeled "Wuxia Weapon Names"
>>
Hey there, is there a 3.5e thread or am i able to ask something about it here??
>>
File: 1394377561117.jpg (79 KB, 886x554) Image search: [Google]
1394377561117.jpg
79 KB, 886x554
>>43663234
With regards to the monk proficiencies, under proficiencies it says "simple weapons and shortswords". Then under the Martial Arts feature it says
>At 1st leveI, your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don't have the two-handed or heavy property.

Does this mean that these are the only monk weapons, or the only ones you can use this ability with? I'm leaning for the latter. Especially since it says "simple melee weapons" and doesn't in the proficiencies. Also, the two handed restriction would interfere with the extra unarmed strike you get with Martial Arts. Monks would still be proficient with all simple weapons, even shortbows and greatclubs, just can't use their Martial Arts abilities with those weapons, right?
>>
File: 1356766248853.jpg (860 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1356766248853.jpg
860 KB, 2000x1500
>>43663745
Cool, thanks. I was hoping it was going to go into more detail about the weapons. I know what a glaive is, but not everyone does. I might give them the info from the 3.5 books and explain any discrepancies.
>>
Does anyone else give darts the ammunition property so players don't have to worry about item interactions and attacking with them?
>>
File: Witch_House_by_pokketmowse.jpg (141 KB, 900x540) Image search: [Google]
Witch_House_by_pokketmowse.jpg
141 KB, 900x540
Also, just checking, your class gives you ability points, but you can instead get a feat? And that's the only way to get feats?
>>
>>43664121
Yes, except the variant human which can get an extra feat at 1st levle.
>>
File: 1330237882966.jpg (400 KB, 1106x822) Image search: [Google]
1330237882966.jpg
400 KB, 1106x822
>>43664142
Sweet, thanks!
>>
File: wait what.png (576 KB, 1172x304) Image search: [Google]
wait what.png
576 KB, 1172x304
>>43663842
Essentially, short swords and all simple melee weapons that do not have the "Two-handed" keyword in the weapon list gain an extra keyword: "Monk weapon". Any time the bolded words "monk weapon" appear, it is referring to those weapons.

In answer to your earlier question >>43663234 The quarterstaff and spear are "Versitile" not "Two-handed" and thus DO count as monk weapons and can be used with two hands for the d10 damage die along with your martial arts bonus-action attack. You do not need a free hand to make an unarmed attack, as it is described as including kicks and headbutts.

If you make a Ranged attack with a dart or a shortbow, you CANNOT use your bonus action to make a single unarmed attack using Martial Arts, as the dart and shortbow are not ranged weapons. However you CAN make TWO unarmed attacks using Flurry of Blows, as that does not specify using a "Monk weapon".
>>
>>43664656
*dart and shortbow are ranged and therefore not "Monk weapons."
>>
Anyone do a homebrew or have any ideas about a warlock pact with an elemental? Like a djinn or efreeti?
>>
File: 3ExSkdE.jpg (107 KB, 1045x520) Image search: [Google]
3ExSkdE.jpg
107 KB, 1045x520
Ok, here's my interpretation, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

Monks are proficient with shortswords and all simple weapons. Period. However, they also have the Martial Arts feature that allows them to also do a few things. These things can only be done with shortswords and simple melee weapons that aren't heavy or two handed, and versatile weapons only when used one handed.

These abilities are:
-Use STR or DEX for attack and damage as if they had finesse.
-Substitute your Martial Arts damage for the given damage.
-Make an extra unarmed strike as part of your attack.

This means monks can use their proficiency bonus on shortbows, shuriken, and greatclubs, but they can't use any of the above abilities. Quarterstaves can use these abilities, but only when used one handed. If you want to do 1d8 with a quarterstaff, you can't use your Dex, you can't substitute damage, and you can't make an extra attack.
>>
>>43664968
>Quarterstaves can use these abilities, but only when used one handed. If you want to do 1d8 with a quarterstaff, you can't use your Dex, you can't substitute damage, and you can't make an extra attack.
They can use quarterstaffs two-handed just fine. Versatile is not the same as the two-handed property. One is "requires two hands to attack with, period" and the other is "two hands can be used to deal a bit more damage."
>>
File: 1351813383831.jpg (356 KB, 720x1000) Image search: [Google]
1351813383831.jpg
356 KB, 720x1000
>>43665044
Sure, they can also use greatclubs. But if they do, they don't get to use the above abilities. Otherwise I don't see a reason to not always use them two handed. This is my interpretation so far. I haven't passed this along to the players yet pending input.
>>
>>43665130
>Otherwise I don't see a reason to not always use them two handed.
There's not. There wasn't meant to be. Two-handed quarterstaff is the best mundane low-level option for monks, but it's still only 1 point of damage on average better than a shortsword or one-handed quarterstaff.
>>
>Have Paladin in our party
>Get to waterdeep
>Summons a brown bear with the spirit of a celestial from find steed
>Starts riding it through the street
>Some Paldins question him
>"It's alright this is official Paladin business"
>Takes it to the blacksmith and gets it fitted for armor
>>
>>43665305
>"It's alright this is official Paladin business"

I'm not sure your DM understands how the law actually works, but it IS Waterdeep and they're used to some pretty weird stuff there thanks to it's sheer size.
>>
File: 1vRJhNn.jpg (134 KB, 880x602) Image search: [Google]
1vRJhNn.jpg
134 KB, 880x602
>>43665188
Hmmn, ok. Well any other issues with >43664968 ? Such as the other proficiencies?
>>
>>43644000
OOTA soundskind of railroad-ey. I hated that about HotDQ. Is it at least better than that?
>>
>given quest to kill a Necromancer outside town
>playing muh Wizard
>dat potential spellbook

Fucking HYPED senpai
>>
File: 1429782810061.jpg (23 KB, 500x414) Image search: [Google]
1429782810061.jpg
23 KB, 500x414
Does the extra attack feature stack with the attack Green Flame Blade causes?

So do i cast, attack(2-4), and burn someone else as well?
>>
>>43666362
No.
>>
>>43666362
GFB is Cast a Spell, so no. It only gives you one.
>>
File: 1436063967866.png (58 KB, 696x552) Image search: [Google]
1436063967866.png
58 KB, 696x552
>>43666386
>>43666394
>>
>>43666362
Of course not.
One is the Attack action the other is Casting a spell
>>
>>43666433
It does stack with war caster (or something, the lvl 7 EK feature) tho, in a way
Using GFB as a cantrip and then your bonus action to do one melee attack
>>
>>43666433
It's hypothetically more powerful than multiple attacks if you're limited to two attacks past level 10, iirc. The lower damage die compared to the rapier/halberd/greatsword uberweapons is a bit of an issue.

It's definitely a solid alpha strike booster for a High Elf assassin.
>>
what's the ranger build to deal the most possible damage in a single shot?
>>
File: BESTRONG.jpg (1022 KB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
BESTRONG.jpg
1022 KB, 2963x4192
whenever i try to download the Mega, it always stops at 99% and says temporary error , retyring.
what do?
>>
>>43657220
Actually some CR 20+ monsters have abilities with save DCs around 21 to 23. Overall though you are quite accurate.
>>
>>43662907
Have some fungus kidnap him. It's what happened to our drow essentially. Also it the dawnbringer tomb randomly generated or is it in a set location?
>>
What's the worst/best thing you've ever seen a Wild Sorcerer do?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.