[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MUD thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1446532825996.jpg (64 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
1446532825996.jpg
64 KB, 800x496
Paladins-still-don't-have-horses-edition.

I started a MUD quite a while ago, invited some folks from /tg/ and have been slowly tailoring it and tweaking stuff. Feel free to pop on at astaria.net:5000 and just free-form-fantasy RP or smash some monsters or tell me how much I suck or whatever..

General discussion ensues:
>>
>>43641480
Uh. How am I supposed to login as a guest?
>>
>>43641803
Just a small thing, but in the last sentence of the Lamia description, it should be 'due' and not 'do'.
>>
>>43641765
currently you'll have to roll a character, since we just have the one guest account enabled and if someone's logged in as it, you can't share it. Rolling only takes a couple minutes unless you really want to minmax your character, though.
>>
>>43641837
Fixed.
>>
What is this, what do I do, and how do I start?
>>
>>43641838
> must be at least level 3 to use OOC
what is this shit

anyways, can you remind me where the mirror room is?
>>
>>43641965
It's a text RP/hack-and-slash game in the style of old-school zork and/or nethack. You can log in via telnet (not really advised) or with a MUD client. We do have our own client if you want to use it. You can find it at http://astaria.net/download/a3client/ver38b/a3client.win32.zip

unless you use Linux.
>>
I'm not playing twenty fucking questions trying to guess which term the game wants me to use to accomplish basic actions.
>You must choose a heritage to continue.
That's real fucking nice game. Top notch. Mind telling me how to fucking do that?
>>
If you've never actually played a MUD before, some common commands to know:
"say" allows you to say something.
"chat" brings up the chat interface with an NPC.
"ooc" is... well... ooc chat.
>>
>>43642435
try "look"
and then
try "assume (heritage)"?
>>
>>43642442
"say" doesn't work.
>>
>>43642460
It does if you put text after it.
>>
It says that the host was not found
>>
get keked Talan
>>
>>43642697
I also have no idea how to work this client. Help, I really want to try this.
>>
>>43642756
Well, you just connect with the little > button, and then create a character.
>>
>>43642756
OK, sorry. I'm dumb. There's an options button with a hammer and screwdriver... click that, then click the dropdown menu on the right hand lower side, and select "astaria.net:5000"
>>
>>43642080
Anti-spam, it's a common practice
>>
>>43642923
I like the game so far.

I am become Xoruk, destroyer of planets.
>>
>not playing as telnet masterrace
>>
>>43645709
some of us like our visible echo.
>>
>>43642923
Alright, thanks bro. How can I work the feature selection room? I don't know the commands on how to change my character.
>>
>>43648456
Feature selection room is "list", "listall", and "select" to select stuff. You can read the sign for help.
>>
I'm enjoying this game far too much. It's so diverse and open. I hope more people hop in on the fun.
>>
>>43647921
Filthy casual.
>>
So, I went ahead and addressed some balance issues that folks approached me about regarding stats and such so that people can focus more on RP without being concerned about which races are suitable for which professions. (attempting to kill a dragon with a teapot for a weapon is still probably suicide)
>>
Downloading now, let's see what this is all about.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.