[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kinds of chaos could a murderous, deranged man inflict upon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Johan Liebert In Grey.jpg (95 KB, 1100x872) Image search: [Google]
Johan Liebert In Grey.jpg
95 KB, 1100x872
What kinds of chaos could a murderous, deranged man inflict upon a city if his only power is to perfectly mimic the appearance of any person, but is also bound by the rule that he cannot tell a lie?
>>
>>43640482
He mimics the appearance of dead servants to listen in on higher-ranking nobles/counts/etc plans to do X, then he changes into them and approaches the person their plan/assassination/etc involves and reveals the whole thing and then runs away. He does this countless times to the right people and you could have endless chaos unfold everywhere.
>>
>>43640482
>he cannot tell a lie?

Do people realize this is a shit tier rule?
>tell me where the bomb is
>In the city ;^)
>Buth u cannt liee!!!
>I didn't.
>>
>>43640593
Well, it's a genre staple.
>>
>>43640482
I don't really give a shit about how much bread he can bake. That's the least interesting aspect of the character.
>>
File: 102207darkmanheader.jpg (21 KB, 630x300) Image search: [Google]
102207darkmanheader.jpg
21 KB, 630x300
>>43640482
Murderous. Check
Deranged. Check
Chaos inflicted upon a city. Assuming you count the criminal underworld. Check.

Don't know about the lying part, but fuckme was that character awesome.

Fuckin' Darkman.
>>
>>43640482
Played a game of Pyrce High back in the day that went down like that.
>Witch Round
>Get notified that I'm the Witch
>Bueno.jpg
>Phase into the principal's office and get on the PA system.
>"Hello, Pyrce High. I am the one who has killed the teacher and I have every intention to kill each and every one of you. Of course, my powers are such that I could easily murder each of you, so let's make it more interesting. I give an oath that until the doors open I will not tell a lie. Try and catch me."
> Vanish mysteriously and infiltrate the group, never lying once, kill off two people who suspect me, fake my own death, corner one of the last players and gloat before the round ends.

Good game. Shame what happened to it.
>>
>>43640593
>Do people realize this is a shit tier rule?
>tell me where the bomb is
>no
>Buth u cannt liee!!!
>I didn't.
>>
>>43640593
>tell me where the bomb is, but be more specific about its location than you were before
repeat until satisfactory
>>
>>43640593
>Are you a shapeshifter?

Top kek ma8te :^D
>>
>>43640547
Or endless balancing/stalemating. Hell, this guys' job could be a sort of reverse-chaotic "stalemater" for all it takes, keeping everything under permanent tables as long as he works this shit since his skill is undetectable, requiring actual work to find him, thus still helping whatever balance ideal he has as he's now public enemy.
>>
>>43646556
>Are you a shapeshifter?

>There is a chance that I may or may not be.

Alternately
>bitch I might be
>>
>>43645439
Faking killing yourself was a lie so that door better had been closed
>>
>>43646617
>"I want you to answer this next question with the wrong number to prove you can tell a lie, alright?"
>place any amount of objects on a table
>"How many <objects> are on this table?"

Of course, this is based off of them knowing he can't lie.
>>
>>43646617
I want to win this but I won't, because winning never gave anyone anything truly.

Otherwise this is a nice idea, it helps for a campaign I'm about to GM, thanks /tg/.
>>
>>43640482
Keeps taking the place on his way up and up until he eventually just starts a big ass war.
>>
>>43646628
But is it a lie that is told? Or is it a lie that is acted?
>>
>>43640482
You dealing with fairies again?
>>
>>43646711
>why are you making me do this?
>questioning me wont help you
>why dont you just find the killer?
>how does anyone know you arent the killer?

you dont have to answer and while questioning takes longer and longer the cult I founded on me being God for being able to shapeshift is killing people left and right, each one getting caught and refusing to answer the questions of the unenlightened.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.