[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CMON and Soda Pop must really fucking hate each other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: chibidungeon.jpg (686 KB, 1023x1530) Image search: [Google]
chibidungeon.jpg
686 KB, 1023x1530
I mean seriously, just days after the Super Dungeon Explorer Legends KS, CMON is gonna launch their 2nd Arcadia Quest KS?

I bet theres some poor sods out there that actually dont know the difference between the two and be very confused.

I realize they did have a huge falling out after the relic knights fiasco, but this makes it so obvious
>>
Arcadia Quest is the better game desu, at least Vs SDE: 1st edition.
>>
I'm not a fan of kickstarting but from what I heard relic knight is garbage.
>>
>relic knights fiasco
I'm not sure I follow. Care to explain for those of us just now hearing about it?
>>
>>43639708

>Soda pop and CMoN form a partnership and decide to do a kickstarter for their new game: Relic Knights
>They fall out over how the kickstarter and game should be run/developed
>Everyone throws their toys out of them pram and they split, the kickstarter was set to be completed by CMoN then the game handed over to Soda pop
>Since CMoN now have literally 0 investment in the game they let it sit in limbo for 2 years, lower the quality and size of the minis, and basically ignore the backers
>Game finally ships and turns out to be utter shit (worst ruleset I've ever played)
>Since the KS is over Soda pop are technically now in charge and it's their responsibility to fix all the missing pledges and unhappy customers.
>CMoN then launch their own KS for a game called "Arcadia Quest" that has visual aesthetics almost exactly the same as Soda pops Super Dungeon Explore (probably their most successful game)

That's basically it.
>>
>>43639834
WOW what a crock of shit. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>43639834
I would talk shit about CMON but with the lack of anything from soda pop regarding relic knights, fuck soda pop. and their shitty "video" board game.
>>
>>43639834
CMoN really knows how to fuck things up, what a bunch of pieces of shit.
>>
>>43640336
RK was a CMON project that they dropped on SP.

You really should be mad at Eric Lang for being a cunt and CMON for being dicks. Eric Lang is a well known piece of monkey shit. So maybe you should learn yourself scrublord.
>>
>>43640336
Speaking as someone who has had plenty of contact with Soda Pop through bacing all of their kickstarters for that "shitty video board game" and suffering no problems with them, I can say from my experience Soda Pop are pretty great when it comes to dealing with their customers. Not only that but in the recent kickstarter for Legends, they went ahead and made a whole new boss pack that wasn't ever going to get made initially simply because the backers had a cool idea for a monster. If that's not bro-tier, then I don't know what is.
>>
>buy both
>now have giant army of chibi adventurers for normal pnps
>>
I never got around to checking out SDE 2e. Are the changes significant? Also, what kind of differences are we looking at between Arcadia and Super Dungeon?

I was sure as hell disappointed with the quality of the minis in Relic Knights. That shit stung like a motherfucker. I'm still missing a few minis but just never addressed it with SP and CMON because it was such a mess.
>>
>>43639834
That's some delicious kickstarter drama.

>>43639129
It'll happen and that's the intent. Noting Soda Pop can do about it as this has been going on forever and they don't have the money to play the copyright games and sue them for producing a product that is specifically made to capitalize on an easily misunderstood difference and art style. I don't remember what that specific argument is called but it mostly exists for damn close logo designs.
>>
>>43645866
This is my plan.
Or it would be if I didn't have other plastic crack addictions to feed
>>
Soda pop mini and cool mini or not had a falling out.

Wait what! I didn't even realise they were different companies?
>>
>>43651176

CMoN works with a bunch of different people but I'm not sure what sort of arrangement they have with the various artists/designers. I'm fairly certain they act as a publishing house of sorts with contracts arranged with various "smaller" groups and/or individuals.
>>
File: calico-kate-1.jpg (121 KB, 560x397) Image search: [Google]
calico-kate-1.jpg
121 KB, 560x397
>>43640336
>>43640336
Yeah Soda Pop always seems cool to me but I don't follow the back the scenes stuff.

Honestly I had just assumed Arcadia Quest was a spin off to Super Dungeon Explorer until now, I had wondered why they rebranded the tile.

So nobody liked Relic Knights then? What's the deal, the minis looked cool at least.
>>
>>43651616
I did the Relic knights KS.
What a fucking clusterfuck of fuck.

It took something like 2 years between the end of the KS and actually getting the models.

"Soda pop" had no communication whatsoever.
Not only that but the action I liked the most, the totally not harry potter & space wizards doctrine. The models are terrible, but like shit tier. Because they aren't at the same scale.
So you have initiates, the basic schoolchildren grunts, lets say they are the right scale.
The fire witch, awesome sculpt is a giantess, something like 35mm scale, maybe even 40mm scale.
The prefects are more like 10mm scale
and the relic knight nigger cat girl on giant mechanical pussy; she is about 10mm scale too. The giant robocat is good though.

This scale discrepancy has put me completely off relic knights.
It's all in the boxes still.
>>
>>43651616

It seems a mixed bag from what I heard. I haven't gotten around to checking it out, so I can't really give a personal opinion on it. I can say for sure that the mini quality suffered from whatever friction happened between CMoN and Sodapop
>>
>>43651176
soda pop is obscure enough as it is, without including CMoN.

black balls games, ninja division, soda pop, cipher games, they are all the same thing?
>>
File: 7568424052_32734b2057_o.jpg (123 KB, 960x732) Image search: [Google]
7568424052_32734b2057_o.jpg
123 KB, 960x732
>>43651700
>>43651700
>I did the Relic knights KS.
>What a fucking clusterfuck of fuck.
>It took something like 2 years between the end of the KS and actually getting the models.

So bro but we did get the promised product at least.

>>43651700
This scale discrepancy has put me completely off relic knights

Huh, never really notice. I had thought it was just their actual relative scale being kids and aliens. Like space marines you know?

>>43651717
Looking up now I think it's a publisher of those studios.
>>
File: doc_rest.jpg (455 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
doc_rest.jpg
455 KB, 1600x901
>>43651700
I can't see anything I'd call 10mm scale.
The girl riding the monster cat hardly looks Epic 40k scale to me. I don't know what the prefects are but none of the models here look like you could stick them 5 to a 30mm base.

The fire witch and wizard dude though. Wow. They must be 35mm scale at least.
>>
>>43652067
The dementer-guards I dig, but is the succubus model meant to be 40-50mm?
>>
>>43652083
They're a faction of oni style giants. The main guy is almost 6" tall stood on his mech.
>>
>>43651700
To be fair the lack of communication was 100% cmon's fault too. They wouldn't let spm post on their kickstarter account so spm had to email them the updates to post. And cmon decided to ignore a good proportion of those emails to boot. Spm employees would post on their forum and you could tell they were getting quite pissed with the whole situation.
>>
>>43652152
CMoN is worse than what people attribute to Games Workshop.

Wrath of Kings also pissed off a shitwack of people.
>>
Well I don't know much about back room scene stuff but it seems to me like cool mini or not is the bad guy here. Soda Pop minis or the other hand seem to be at worse just trying to clean up the messed left by them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.