[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question /tg/. You are a chapter master of a space marine chapter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
A question /tg/.
You are a chapter master of a space marine chapter loyal to the Emperor. SUDDENLY some dickass inquisitor proclaims your chapter as renegade because you where late to his afternoon tea party by 21 seconds.
You and your chapter have no interest in joining chaos and the inquisitor is to much of a dick to let you come back.

Where do you get recruits from now ? The human of the Tau empire ? Some far away planet no one knows ? Where would renegades gain recruits from now /tg/
>>
>>43638029
I love across the galaxy to an ass end of nowhere wher the proclamation hasn't reached and people don't care and set up a not!Ultramar. By the time word has spread we exist and if he still cares, I've got a fucking micro-Empire of loyal Imperial citizens doing the Imperial. Fuck you and you "heretics" bullshit, there's going to be some words. And likely our allies and neighbours poking their head in to tell the lone Inquisitor to fuck right off.
>>
>>43638100
>love
I am bad at spellchecking.
>>
Since there's no WH40k RPG thread I'll just ask here.

Do any of the WH40k RPG settings have playable Tau?
>>
>>43638194
I think I remember something about Rouge Trader having them
>>
>>43638029
I shoot the inquisitor for incompetence and attempting to waste a chapter of the Emperor's holy space marines for so petty a reason.
>>
>>43638029
Ask the Knights of Blood we don't have much info about them but it's exactly what you want.
>>
>>43638029
Gather your ship as fast as you can, put everything on your battle barge and gtfo the Imeprium.
Try to reach the worlds conquered by the Macharian Crusade an then left to their own fate after Macharius died.

Scan the worlds looking for the most stable and less heretical, then make peaceful contact with the locals. Try and bargain the permission to establish on the planet (or at least, in it's orbit, and try to negotiate a permission to recruit from them. Don't be too picky.

Make contact with the most Imperium-aligned factions, ally with them in fighting their more heretical political enemies, have your chaplains instruct the only slightly heretical back on the path of the righteous.

Don't be afraid to use borderline-heretical means to keep your number up and you geneseed vault well stocked. use vat-grown geneseed carriers or acquire slaves from nearby worlds if necessary. Go well above codex numbers, who's gonna stop ya?

But Space marines are made for war and war only, they can't stay Idle doing nothing forever.

Try and force your way into your new homeworld politics the way already cited above, until it is completely stable and well under your rule (not necessarly declared, you can also use some kind of puppet government), then start slowly amassing your forces, and move your attention to another nearby world.

Rinse and repeat until you have conquered that world too.

After you have two-three worlds stable and under your control, send a message for the Mechanichus, offering them a seat and a world as a gift in exchange of well-meaning relationships, possibly acquiring gear from them.

They don't need to be the most puritan mechanichus ever, a slightly more open mindend fringe of them is enough.

In the end, make friends with Rogue Traders. Lots of them
>>
>>43638029
Put out a call to any chapters that you're on good terms with, and to your progenitor chapter. The Inquisitor will back down in the face of that much angry astartes.
>>
>>43638230
Yeah you're right they have a couple Tau variations. I realise that I want to play a human from the Tau empire anyway though so I probably wouldn't have had any trouble anyway.
>>
Just one inquisitor? Just tell him to fuck off. The Inquisition does everything important by committee. Whether or not you can get away with something (or beg forgiveness later) depends entirely on the judgement of your peers. The ones who cry wolf tend to get blammed.
>>
>>43638029
Talk to another inquisitor.
The only people who hate inquisitors more than you are other inquisitors. Just find one who doesn't like your guy and offer favors and stuff in exchange for undermining that asshole's authority.
Then his declaration is a lot less important and you can go chop him up and eat his brain.
>>
>>43638029
I first locate another Inquisitor, if any are somewhat indebted to me (and most Chapters have at least one Inquisitor who they have worked with before and can vouch for them, unless you're a borderline-heretical Chapter) and plead my case. Better still if they're in the same Ordos, because inter-Ordo rivalry is often quite lethal.

Inquisitors are the only ones who can overturn other Inquisitors, and a pronunciation of heresy/renegade actually requires a conclave of Inquisitors to vouch for that decision before it becomes law. An Inquisitor can't just say, "You're a heretic!" and then that's that (unless he is capable of shooting you dead, but Inquisitors tend to not carry the firepower necessary to wipe out an entire Space Marine Chapter), he has to prove it to an Inquisitorial tribune who then approves his decisions.
>>
File: DealWithIt.jpg (50 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
DealWithIt.jpg
50 KB, 250x250
>>43639217
>Inquisitors are the only ones who can overturn other Inquisitors

Wrong. Anyone with a low-grade autopistol or better can easily give any Inquisitor at their tea table terminal lead poisoning. The Codex Astartes deems this the proper response to any mortal insane enough to dare threaten an exalted death angel of The Emperor - never mind a hundred such!
>>
>>43640393
Chapters nominally have 1000 marines, anon.

>>43639217
>>43638704
>>43638688

These.

Inquisitors Fuckface's next tea party is with an acid bomb.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.