[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 827ff2ec188d8f8f85847c4762709a3a.png (983 KB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
827ff2ec188d8f8f85847c4762709a3a.png
983 KB, 1000x1412
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Did you know that at least one guardinal type (vulpinal) was written by a bona fide furry?" edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread: >>43629780
>>
Reporting from last thread, how does one make a Nuclear powered character? 3rd party or not.
>>
>Touch fluffy tail
>>
>>43636964
If I ever did a fox related character
it would be the one from the redwall series, where he wears the skin of a wolf he 'killed'
that is how you play a fox, a vicious vermin who has the scream of a banshee
>>
need a race to represent a large scale power civilization that isn't one of the core races

what race should I choose?
was thinking of going with Kasatha but am open to anyones recommendations and suggestions
>>
>>43636992
kobolds
the bustling mines of the most industrious race
read races of the dragon from 3.5e
when a dwarf says the work they do is an undertaking that even his race could never match
>>
>>43636988
Fire and force damage I would say.
I quite like the elemental flux discipline from PoW:E
>>
Is there a handbook on PoW:E options?
>>
File: 1389698942931.jpg (60 KB, 719x465) Image search: [Google]
1389698942931.jpg
60 KB, 719x465
>>43637272
there is a GITPG post that has all the playtesting docs on it, that's as close that you will get, or are you talking about a guide?
>>
>>43637301
>are you talking about a guide?
A guide.
I remember that there was a big DSP/PoW guide that had everything in it, but I can't find it again.
>>
>>43637337
Since a lot of PoW:E stuff isn't finalised yet, I'm not sure if a guide, but it is likely it would be on GITPG
so, google POW:E and that forum, should sort you out
>>
>>43637377
I am sure there is one, I just haven't been able to find it again.
Back to the hunt, I suppose.
>>
>>43637402
this might help
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?380631-All-the-Path-of-War-Guides-in-One-Place!
as it says though, not up to date
>>
>have to pay to get dynamic lighting in roll20
suffering
>>
Whats a good class to play bodyguard to a wizard?

I just joined a game and the wizard constantly gets sniped at the start of each encounter. I have my fighter stand in front and start hacking at the enemies, but they often forgo me in favor of charging straight at the wizard all of them willingly taking AoOs as long as they each get a chance to stab at the wizard once per encounter.

Doing something in character like taunting the enemy doesnt seem to work since they have no mechanical reason to stick around so I will need something that actually mechanically forces them to do so.

It makes me feel like a waste of space in the party
>>
>tfw trying to find good skinwalker character art

why do furrys ruin every fucking bestial race...
>>
>>43637811
Wizards are supposed to be invncible though, he's doing it wrong.
>>
>>43637811
Another wizard.

They'll have to choose which wizard they're going to go after.
>>
>>43637827
We are all lvl 1
>>
I'm playing a Goblin Gunslinger next game purely for flavour. It's a short campaign in a setting where Goblins are despised, so I'm pretending to be a burn victim Halfling. Unfortunately, I've got 4 charisma, so while I'm pretty convincingly a burn victim, I'm probably not going to survive any disguise or bluff checks.
Two questions:
1) How quickly will I be found out?
2) How useless am I going to be?
>>
>>43637874
Set yourself on fire to be an actual burn victim.
>>
>>43637888
I played Katawa Shoujo so actual burn victims would be too Magical Realmsy for me.
>>
>>43637851
He's supposed to be casting sleep and color spray and winning every combat though. That's what /tg/ says wizards are capable of and all.
>>
>>43637898
Look up pictures of actual burn victims until you don't think of them like Hanako.
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 1305x892) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 1305x892
>>43637900
Because they are. 3/10, another uninteresting white room troll.
>>
>>43637819
Most of the official Paizo art ive seen just makes them into "humans with extra bits/sharp teeth" and most of the art in Blood of the Moon (aside from the werebat and werewof skinwalkers) looks pretty boring
>>
>>43637911
My dick can only get so hard though.
>>
>>43637811
If third party is allowed, Warder.

If that fails pick another wizard and confuse the DM's hateboner.
>>
>>43637811
The wizard would be wise to make himself invisible or levitate/fly out of reach.

For a fighter you can only really protect yourself.
I think duelist allows you to parry attacks on your allies if you forgo some of your full attacks.
Otherwise I can't think of anything outside of Compel Hostility that will force enemies to attack you. Thankfully it's not that hard to come up with say an armor or weapon enchantment that will allow you to do so at a respectable DC.
>>
>>43637811
Here.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/ranger/archetypes/paizo---ranger-archetypes/witchguard

Or play a typical CAGM Barbarian
>>
>>43637911
My childhood friend is partially bacon and it doesn't make her any less attractive. If anything, they way she's a little self-conscious about the scars makes her extra dorable.

But then, it didn't really take her face, and I guess things would be worse if it did.
>>
Whelp, I found this
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/primal-hunter-barbarian-archetype
The Bowbarian hype is real. Is this any good at what it does, or does the wording prevent it from doing its job?
>>
>>43637900
I was actually about to ask him why he prefers color spray instead of sleep but then I noticed that theres always a bunch goblin archers prepared to interrupt his sleep attempts.

He always manages to get the combat winning color spray off but he is often the most injured (and sometimes even the only injured) member after every battle.
>>
>>43637961
Thanks for that, I was literally just statting a ranger NPC that used to protect one of the northern witches, and I didn't know that class existed.
>>
>>43637999
You really shouldn't be the only one watching out for others in the group.
>>
As a Druid, if you want to focus on summoning, what are the absolutely needed feats?
>>
>>43637994
Savage technologist is better, imo. Just get an adaptive bow.
>>
>>43637999
it sounds like your dm is a metagaming little shit, which is annoying because it just encourages an arms race with the player. he realizes that he's not there to win, right? you don't "win" at pathfinder except PFS, which is probably why it appeals to autists so much
>>
>>43638097
Why not summoner? Eidolons are arguably better than companions and summoning as a standard action with summons lasting 1 min/level is huge.
>>
>>43638111
This.
>>
>>43638123
Because I have a particular idea in mind, and I want more shit to push it along.

Specifically, using summoned Eagles with the Greenbound template, Ashbound Summoning feat, Superior Summons, and a Rod of Giant Summoning.

http://dndtools.pw/feats/lost-empires-of-faerun--30/greenbound-summoning--1317/
http://dndtools.pw/feats/eberron-campaign-setting--12/ashbound--131/
http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/greenbound.shtml

So basically hit 5th level, and start solving all problems by throwing 1d4+2 thorny eagles, each attacking four times a round at +7, for 1d4+3 each time, all able to cast Wall of Thorns and Entangle
>>
>>43638111
I fear that the wizard player will begin to resent both the DM and Party and its going to end with one of those three way campaigns where the arcane caster becomes a faction on his own.
>>
File: ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (54 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
54 KB, 640x516
>>43637999
>wizard starts wearing a barrel on suspenders like a 1930s silent movie hobo
>casts a spell, then falls prone in his barrel as a free action
>total concealment

now to build a barrel that includes a safety release switch to make the barrel pop apart if someone decides to light it on fire
>>
>>43636964
Ran is NOT kemono!
>>
>>43634775

Yes, we are unfortunately about to hit a long break in the campaign because the DM is due this month.
>>
>>43637999
How obvious looking is the wizard? Perhaps make him disguised so he doesn't look like a wizard until be throws his first spell. If the DM still does his target even when he looks like a normal merc, then he's a metagaming dick.
>>
>>43638268

Ran is best Kitsune, she is totally a kenomomimi though.
>>
File: O-oh.png (459 KB, 1194x861) Image search: [Google]
O-oh.png
459 KB, 1194x861
>>43638111
>>43638260

This is pretty much what happened with my first group that got me into PF in the first place. GM was burned by a Druid that completely trivialized her dungeon by turning into an Earth Elemental and tunneling in directly to the boss, which the party took pot-shots at with arrows until it keeled over. Dungeon built over two months only to die in less than twenty minutes. Her solution then was to be the bigger douche nozzle; barren, unimaginative world and setting, consistently ignore the core rule book, lie about effects and abilities, using metagame knowledge for the sole purpose of fucking over the players (but, of course, rewarding her boyfriend.) Don't get me wrong. She's a really chill person, but there was a LOT of negative back-and-forth between her and I.

The only good thing to have come out of that experience was a solid outline for Elsbeth, and the current campaign she's in is developing her character.

>>43638267
On a lighter not, THAT is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>43638284
If by due you mean babies, the gaming table (especially while they're too young to be learning any words let alone nasty ones) can be a great place to keep the little buggers quiet.

A bunch of people in the room smiling and laughing, and mommy and daddy are right there.

Between that, food and dropping unconscious, there's little more most babies could ask for.

>Source: I did this with our two oldest and managed to keep my gaming regular despite having to take care of them when wifey's shifts meant she had work those nights.

>For the third, there were a few years in between so I had two babysitters now.
>>
File: Gareth Sleeping.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Gareth Sleeping.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
Morning /pfg/. This getting-up-and-doing-yardwork shit has got to go.

Available for questions, feedback, etc.
>>
File: 1436314456635.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1436314456635.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>>43638396
You need more images.
>>
>>43638378

That's a good idea, I'll bring that up with them next session (we've got maybe two left).

They said they'll be able to return to the campaign in February, this isn't their first kid so they know what to expect.
>>
>>43638396
Question about the Dervish Defender's Shield of Blades:
>At 6th level, when fighting unarmed or with a weapon from the light blades, double weapon or close weapon weapon group in each hand, the dervish defender improves her shield bonus to AC by an amount equal to her aegis bonus.
The word improves, does it mean his increase to Shield AC stacks with a buckler worn in one of the two hands?
>>
>>43638451
Correct. Also, more importantly, with stuff like two-weapon defense etc etc.
>>
>>43636964
Hello friends, Iwast hinking on buildinga a Hellknight an take advantage of the Fearsomness abillity.

>Fearsomeness (Ex; any order): A Hell knight who uses the Intimidate skill to cause a creature within 10 feet to become shaken can instead cause that creature to become frightened.

But I guess it only affects one guy , so it seems not worth that much.
>>
>>43637819
If you can't find good art, make your own! Grit those teeth and draw like your life depends on it!
>>
>>43638472
How does the Awakened Blade actually work now?
>>
>>43638396
If a Landsknecht can use Dex instead of Str via, say, Deadly Agility, will Strength of Arms give him 1.5x Dex to damage?

I want to make a Dex-based Warder with a scorpion whip and a heavy shield. it seems interesting.
>>
>>43638566

Deadly agility has a specific callout to not getting 1.5 Dex to damage like the Unchained Rogue would, doesn't it?
>>
>>43638596
Well, sure, but that's why I'm going to use Landsknecht, instead of just holding the weapon in two hands.
>>
File: Customer Service.jpg (44 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
Customer Service.jpg
44 KB, 476x476
>>43638561
I could swear to hell we've already answered this.

>>43638566
I could also swear we've already answered this.

Lemme poke the team before I go running my mouth.
>>
>>43638526
Is Bloodforge available? If so, try a Grendle. If not, Dazzling Display
>>
>>43638613
Also, still no decision on whether Soulknife Soul Bolts count as thrown weapons (as the fighter weapon group)?
>>
>>43638657
Oh, thanks.

But what is Grendle here?

I was unsure if it stacked with dazzling display, but if it does one could do a nasty fear-fighter build .
>>
>>43638450
Yeah it might not work with every kid, but it made mine into sociable bundles of smiles the first few years.

Doesn't usually take too long for a child to start equating game night to "happy aunts and uncles come to play with me and feed me" night.

There's no helping when they're sick or cranky though of course, but only the most assburger neckbeards among us would start to bitch about someone their mental age giggling and smiling at whatever's going on at the table that they can't understand either.
>>
>>43638682
Grendle is a race out of Bloodforge (thank you, based Gareth!). One of their alternate traits lets you take a -4 to Intimidate to make it an AoE. It is my default race for Dreads for some reason...
>>
>>43638786
Sounds pretty great, thanks.
>>
So, uh, questions about northern Garund.

>Why didn't Rahadoum retake their half of the Arch of Aroden during the Chelish civil war?
>What is Osirion even doing right now? Are they doing anything at all?
>Why isn't Thuvia relevant?
>Jistka Imperium-originating BBEG when?
>What would the region do, going by how the nations have worked so far, in the Worst Timeline?
>>
What is the most dickass specialization for a wizard/arcanist that you can do?
>>
>>43638856
Conjuration; then you can summon other people to do your stuff for you.
>>
>>43638856
Divination, whilst the school itself being nothing on Conjuration for flexibility and game breaking, has a really good school power, of adding 1/2 your level to initiative, always acting in the surprise round and at levl 20 always treating your initiative roll as a 20.
Then you push your imitative higher with feats, spells and familiars and so on.

Basically, all it's really about is always going first so you can use the actual encounter ruining spells from other schools before anyone even has the chance to act.
>>
>>43638884
>Arcanist and his conjured butler staff

New NPC idea away!!!
>>
>>43638856
best general answer is usually Teleportation school for completely ignoring anything that might restrain you with your (Su) swift action teleport

honorary mention for level 20, Divination school basically always gets to go first, which means he always wins
>>
Two rules questions

-can a character with a cape of Cowardly Crouching activate it on a mount

-is a small character on a large mount with a reach weapon able to use the bodyguard feat on his allies.does he count as adjacent for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites ?
>>
>>43639211
*Activate it while mounted*
>>
>>43637999
I feel like your DM has heard too many horror stories about how awful wizards can be, to the point where he thinks they're ALWAYS awful and he needs to take them down with extreme prejudice in every fight.
>>
>>43639211
That...hmm
>>
>>43639435

Aren't they always awful? From the way /pfg/ describes them they're always played to break a game.
>>
So I'm confused...how many spells does a shaman with a +3 WD mod. know?

In the chart is says I get a bonus spell each for level 1,2 and 3.
But now someone told me, I only get the bonus spells if I am already able to cast level 2 spells, meaning the shaman being level 3 or higher.
Is that correct?
>>
>>43638829

Rahadoum is weak because fuck people who denounce Sarenrae.

Thuvia is not relevant because it's a glorified farm producing immortality juice.

Osirion is just chugging along as it always has, it's a combination Victorian Egypt with the excavations and old timey dynastic Egypt. It's kind of uneventful but a good place to live or work.
>>
>>43639532
It is correct. You can't cast spells of a level you don't have on the class chart.
>>
>>43639435
>Hate wizards with a passion
>Pile every encounter against them
Hope he's happy when the wizard player punishes him back from lvl 5 onwards.
>>
>>43639525
Not if you manage to game with actual human beings.
>>
>>43639570
That is a bummer...good thing I added a big axe and throwing spear...
>>
>>43639211

-No rules against it

-You are adjacent.
>>
>>43639211
For the first question there is no "crouching" position you are either standing or prone. The closest I have seen to crouching is during APs when you are in a kobold tunnels and medium characters have to bend double, but that uses squeezing rules.
I assume you want the mount to move, use your standard action to attack, and your move action to cower. As a DM I would allow it, DC11 will save is already less than 50% of working anyways. Thematically I don't see how ducking over the back of your mount as any different then crouching.
The second question, small character on a large mount would be adjacent as long as the mount is adjacent, the same way you and your mount would both be hit by an AoE if only 1 of your mount's 4 squares were in the blast. be advised you can't quick dis/mount a creature 2 size categories larger.
>>
>>43639559
Qadira please go.
>>
>>43638829
>What is Osirion even doing right now?
Mummies
>>
>>43639589

This implies /pfg/ isn't human.
>>
>>43639807
Yes.
>>
>>43639795

Mummies *and* hot Osirion girls
>>
>>43639977
damn, need more osirion pics
>>
>>43639807
>/pfg/ is Reptiloids, Aroden was an Annunaki, Sorshen was never human but was actually the vanity that Shelyn discarded upon becoming a goddess of Love, given physical form, and the "Sorshen lives" comment at the end of Shattered Star means we'll be seeing her again (likely trying to reunite with the rest of herself); Kalim Onaku was right all along, the Dark Tapestry is actually Noiralog, the Elemental Planes don't really exist, and everything else you know is a lie
>>
File: Sanity.jpg (32 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
Sanity.jpg
32 KB, 300x230
>>43639988
Somewhere, Whisper is laughing.
>>
>>43639984

They've got some of the hottest men and women in Pathfinder art.

Osirion's great.
>>
File: Please, no more.png (111 KB, 417x234) Image search: [Google]
Please, no more.png
111 KB, 417x234
>party barbarian thinks we should turn our new shattered star campaign into a monstergirl campaign
>GM tells him to tone it down a bit for the sake of the other players but he's totally on board
>mfw all this started because I mentioned I had polymorphing extracts and item crafting
>mfw trying to convince the barbarian's player to calm himself until we hit a level that lets me start crafting

Polymorphs are one a hell of a drug
>>
File: this taste... it's of a liar!.gif (797 KB, 474x264) Image search: [Google]
this taste... it's of a liar!.gif
797 KB, 474x264
>>43640155
You made your bed. Now lie in it.
>>
>>43640155
You're an Alchemist, right?
There's no escape, that's basically "fetish: the PC class"
>>
>>43640155
Castrate the barbarian and use him as a human toilet.
>>
>>43640197
What's the second lewdest class, since Alchemists are the lewdest?
>>
>>43640237
Cave Druid and Summoner share the position
>>
>>43636964
So I've only played 5th Edition but /pfg/ has cute moe anime girls in their op and /5eg/ doesn't so I'm thinking of trying Pathfinder.
Also I heard it's more complicated and I like fine tuning my own builds.
>>
>>43636964
>>43636989
>Touch fluffy tail
>not TOH YAH
> not running an all-Kitsune party as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fktIJHDx6Mw

I don't even play Melee.
>>
File: monster grill thread.png (277 KB, 626x634) Image search: [Google]
monster grill thread.png
277 KB, 626x634
>>43640182
>>43640197
The worst part isn't even what I've caused, it's the anticipation due to the campaign just starting. I also regret nothing.

>Alchemist is the lewdest class
>I'm playing the "ghetto summoner" archetype combo
>realization that I traded the non-lewd features away is setting in

Daughteru homunculus is not for lewd. The same cannot be said for the rest of my party.

>>43640236
The barbarian is a woman. Her player is probably not, but this is an IRC game so I have no fucks to give.
Actually, I think my character is the only guy, and also the only non-human.
>>
>>43636988
Fire, Force, and Poisons. I'd go with a Path of War character that has access to Elemental Flux and Steel Serpent.
>>
Has anyone here played Rite Publishing's In the Company of Medusa?

Petrify seems like a really strong condition. Other than that it appears pretty balanced, but will having 2/Day Petrify (growing with levels) and large on 3rd level make me OP?

Comparing myself to POW, casters etc. Not fighters.
>>
>>43640155
How do you even have a Monster Girl campaign? What would it add? Unless you made the world revolve around monster human relations(either of the social or carnal variety, or both) I don't see the point.
>>
>>43637811
Take Combat Reflexes, Bodyguard, and In Harm's Way. Take Adopted: Helpful (Halfling) as a trait. You can now use an attack of opportunity to grant your Wizard buddy +4 AC against a triggering attack, and use an immediate action to intercept that attack if you need to.

Paladin with Oracle VMC if level 7+ or willing to wait for a major feature, or Oracle 1/Paladin X otherwise. Take the Life mystery and the Life Link revelation. Apply Life Link to the Wizard. If the Wizard somehow takes damage with you protecting him, you can transfer some of that damage to yourself each round.

Paladin also opens up the Oath, I forget the name, but the one that lets you protect an ally rather than smiting evil. Give even more defensive bonuses to the Wizard while nearby, though that's an X per day ability.
>>
File: 1395581739725.png (403 KB, 650x599) Image search: [Google]
1395581739725.png
403 KB, 650x599
>>43638284
>Because the DM is due this month
Well shit. Sorry about that, but just saying, your group STILL sounds super-fun.
>>
>>43640461
Bilbo is cute! Cuuuute!
>>
>>43640469
>>43640461
I need to know where the hell these came from
>>
>>43640461

I will bang a Halfling in your memory, anon.
>>
>>43640391
That was, actually, my first question. I'm kind of hoping as the campaign goes on it gets relegated to a running gag instead of a main focus. If we wind up redeeming harpies, rescuing sphinxes, introducing centaurs to civilization, or some other crazy shit like that, I'll start worrying, but I don't think Shattered Star has anything of the sort in it, unless the GM modifies it heavily.

Has anyone redeemed a harpy before? Is that a thing that can happen? I know it's possible for them to suppress the CE "rape murder pillage" thing they have going long enough to get into and live in the seedier neighborhoods.
>>
>>43640601
Irabeth was sired by a Lawful Good Orc who somehow got his hands on a Holy Avenger. I think a not assholish bird woman isn't out of the question.
>>
>>43640237
Probably Summoner, especially a Synthesist if they're oozing all up inside of your orifices.
>>
File: spoonfeeding.png (2 KB, 163x50) Image search: [Google]
spoonfeeding.png
2 KB, 163x50
>>43640511
>>
File: 1392696675346.png (953 KB, 755x870) Image search: [Google]
1392696675346.png
953 KB, 755x870
>>43640535
Well if there's an open slot, I'm sure that you can get your fix another way!
>>43640511
>>43640469
I can't remember the artist's name, but they're pretty well-known so it shouldn't be too difficult with a Google search!
>>
>>43640601
There's fluff on the srd about "civilized" harpies. I don't recall where it's from but they do exist. They apparently clean up nicely enough that people think they're an urban legend.
>>
What of DSPs content needs the most test feedback?

Zealot archetypes? Akashic archetypes?
>>
>>43640246
Sorcerers are pretty lewd, I've always thought. I mean, their bloodline obviously has the implications of someone in your family tree shagging something crazy (care to carry on the family tradition?) but you're also a full caster and only unimaginative can't come up with excellent lewd applications for magic like that. Plus, CHA-based. Pretty much every sorcerer or sorceress is smokin' hot.
>>
Is there any substantial mechanical reason to play a soulbolt over a psychic armory in the current day and age?

A psychic armory has Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot as bonus feats. A soulbolt effectively only has Point Blank Shot as a bonus feat.
A psychic armory has Wisdom-based attack and damage. A soulbolt does not.
A psychic armory does not provoke attacks of opportunity for making ranged attacks. A soulbolt does.
A psychic armory can have multiple configurations for magic weapon abilities on the metaphorical fly. A soulbolt does not.
A psychic armory, for all intents and purpsoes, obsoletes a soulbolt, as far as I can tell.

Can anyone present proof of the soulbolt still having an iota of vindication?
>>
>>43640323
Obviously, you need to show those ladies the glory of the human race and prove the superiority of human males over males of their own kind.

Also what is this "ghetto summoner" archetype combo you speak of? I know there's the preservationist, but it sounds like you're combining it with another archetype and I'm not sure which one.
>>
>>43641084
>charisma=attractiveness
Holy shit, I want this shitty meme to die.

Also some sorc bloodlines are "you were exposed to something powerful or you were related to strong as fuck wizard/diabolist".

Shit there's one bloodline just for being an Orc and another one that is "you're basically better than other humans and have GREAT DESTINY".
>>
>>43641054
piercing thunder, except feedback was given, and elric didn't know how to respond
compared to a good pow:e mundane discipline, like mithral current, it is really bland and disappointing
>>
File: kestrel.png (1 MB, 612x793) Image search: [Google]
kestrel.png
1 MB, 612x793
>>43640601
>>
>>43641255
Piercing Thunder? The spear one?
Which classes and archetypes get that? Or am i going to have to swap for it?
>>
>>43641255
>sword beams and super speed discipline
>mundane

I acruelly like piercing thunder. Someone was companion that it's early stuff was boring, but honestly I'm okay with a discipline about charging getting good damage on charged early on as its main trick.
>>
>>43641097
Psychic armory is literally soulknife+. I don't think anything but some of the newer archetypes are worth playing.
>>
>>43641332
>Good damage on a charge early
+1d6 damage with a boost?
I guess? You cant use any strikes even with martial charge, because it will turn off your lance bonus.

I'm reading it for the first time right now and i agree, its charging themed. But... so was Black Seraph and Black Seraph did it better.
>>
>>43641332
there is another discipline that does that, primal fury
which they are going to nerf
they wanted to move away from charging and attacking
which is all it does
I was using a shield+longspear, realised by level 6 piercing thunder was bad, so I mainly use iron tortoise and broken blade now
>>
>>43641084
>>43641194

Charisma has always been associated with beauty or at least sheer physical impressiveness.

Otherwise the Charisma-heavy characters wouldn't have huge tits or charming manly features.
>>
>half inevitables I know they're robots but maybe they have robodicks
>half proteans
>half aeons
What they be like if they were player races?
>>
File: ChaikaExpand.jpg (87 KB, 383x631) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaExpand.jpg
87 KB, 383x631
>>43641121
My character is a literal NEET, basement-dweller half-elf alchemist with barely any presence in a fight on his own. The rest of the party is human woman, all of whom are at least partially martial.
If he doesn't dick at least one by the end of the campaign, I will be very surprised.

Promethean Alchemist+Preservationist turns the alchemist into a "kinda sorta" ghetto summoner, since the homunculus companion he gains is not nearly as good at straight up combat as a summoner's Eidolon could be with minimal evolution point expenditure. Also debatably "worse" summoning depending on how you look at it.

On the flipside the homunculus is a construct and doesn't need Fort saves and is immune to almost everything that would require a Will save. I got a greenlight to homebrew up some discoveries that modify/buff the homunculus, so there's that as well.
>>
>>43641413
Primal fury's gimmick is pounce, which broke things. PT seems to be about one strike charges.
>>
File: Axiomite.jpg (75 KB, 611x1000) Image search: [Google]
Axiomite.jpg
75 KB, 611x1000
>>43641435
>inevitables
>not Axiomites
Apply yourself.
>>
>>43640719
>Well if there's an open slot, I'm sure that you can get your fix another way!

>Halfling Alchemist joins
>The Slayer is already balls deep

I think people would catch what's going on, anon.
>>
>>43641427
Charisma has always actually been force of personality, which has a lot to do with impressiveness, but is not vested solely in physical qualities. Besides, the big breast thing is the worst. DFC all the way.
>>
>>43641449
>half axiomites
>they can turn into the data clouds
>but only a certain number of times per day
>>
>>43641435
The Impossible Bloodline covers all of these. You aren't literally descended from them, but rather touched, changed or influenced by them.

Half Protean would be a more extreme form of the "Ganzi". It would probably have a 3/day ability to roll on a table and recieve a shapechange, like "bam, seven eyes, you see heaps good".

Half Aeons would probably be Astomoi but cooler. I would honestly say they should get the emotionless thing from androids, some resists based on the aeon subtype and 1/Day Cure Light Wounds, 1/Day Inflict Light Wounds as SLAs, with a feat to turn them into 2/Day each Moderate, and a higher level feat for 3/Day each serious. Hell, maybe include a way to get Heal/Harm. They have no stat changes.

Half Inevitables would have 1/Day Tongues, a +4 bonus to Sense Motive and Endurance as a bonus feat, along with some resistances here and there.
>>
>>43641503
>Besides, the big breast thing is the worst. DFC all the way.

Anon, I like all kinds of breasts as long as they look good on the woman, but I'm generally a sucker for the big ones.

Point is Charisma is always going to have a close association with appearance because the artwork needs to convey "this person has high charisma" and the easiest way to do that is make them notably beautiful or imposing.
>>
>>43641565
>+4 Sense Motive
HELLO THERE SCARLET THRONE
>>
File: Kabuto.jpg (111 KB, 320x350) Image search: [Google]
Kabuto.jpg
111 KB, 320x350
>>43641503
>>43641584
It's not whether they're big or small.
It's how much you get to play with them.
>>
I just sent an email to Jeremy from dreamscarred about retrieving some items i ordered on the old site. Does anyone have experience with how long it takes to get a reply on this? Should i expect it in a day or two?
>>
>>43641437
>NEET, basement-dweller half-elf alchemist

Picture related?
>>
>>43641328
>those stats
>that sheer amount of abs
I want to fuck a Kestral, Jesus Christ.
>>
File: GxBvDrgO_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GxBvDrgO_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>43641826
I am amenable to this series of events.
>>
Rate my character:
>Savage technology + True Primitive barbarian/Dark Tapestry + Friendless Oracle
>Div tiefling
>Basically a hardened "No Country For Old Men" gungslinger with a weird west flavor. Powerful unlikeable because of the friendless curse, prone to fits of anger, and fueled by powers he doesn't understand
>Was a true primitive because their fetishes feel really occult
>Like true primitive because illiteracy makes sense when your parents throw you out because you come out a tiefling
>Barbarian for the rage
>Dark tapestry because it feels occult
I basically tried to make the least coherent character build for a coherent character concept. The game is a bit weird-west in feel.
>>
Does Path of War make crossbows better compared to other ranged weapons? I can't find anything in it that seems to specifically help crossbows catch up.

What's a good class to go into Phoenix Champion? At the moment I'm considering maybe Mystic. No hawkguards.
>>
File: NHKSatou.jpg (13 KB, 236x294) Image search: [Google]
NHKSatou.jpg
13 KB, 236x294
>>43641760
>that hair
>those clothes

Absolutely disgusting.

I want to say it's more like a pointy-eared version of pic-related, but it's actually more like a tall, pointy eared version of myself, something I only realized after it was too late to change.
>>
>>43640601
Bloodforge has this, in the kestrel entry.
>>
>>43641997
Someone already linked it, Gareth: >>43641328
>>
>>43641923
Crossbows are still inferior, PoW makes the gap relatively less noticeable.
Mystic is good, but Warlord is good too, I think.
>>
>>43641733
He's a bit...unavailable right now. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>43642051
Aw. The fluff has the harpies though.
>>
Hey lads, I'm interested in Spelljammer and I figure there are more 2e grognards here than in the 5e general. Anyone know where I can find .pdfs of the rulebooks?
>>
>>43642063
Such is life. I'm in no real rush, i just realized i could be mucking about with a guru PDF, when instead i am confined to my old vizier one.
>>43642053
Warlord seems like it could do a pretty good job. Heh, maybe a Discordant Crusader?
>>
File: mmmmmmmm.jpg (11 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmmm.jpg
11 KB, 230x219
>>43642161
Harpies.
While they're not specifically "my fetish", they're like the antithesis, the true diametric opposite of the highest pinnacle of turnoffs of my list.

Harpies: Compact, light, and the truest meaning of NO FAT CHICKS.
>>
File: more kestrel.png (3 MB, 1415x900) Image search: [Google]
more kestrel.png
3 MB, 1415x900
>>43640601
>>43642161
my bad
>>
Everyone talks a great deal of Bloodforge, but personally I can't wait to see art for Akashic Races. I want my Vulture People thank you very much. Also I want to see on just what end of the "cheese-spectrum" the Akashic Races are..
>>
So how would I go about getting a strong insectoid animal companion, /pfg/?

Why yes, I do intend for this thing to basically be a Carnifex by level 20.
>>
>>43641255
>>43641332
I wouldn't call Mithral Current a 'mundane' discipline when it can fire swordbeams and strike weakness to silver into enemies. It's kind of on the border.

I do agree that it's kind of bland compared to some actual mundane disciplines though, like Golden Lion, Iron Tortoise, Tempest Gale and Scarlet Throne.
Each of those has the feel 'You are a true master of the art, privy to techniques that have been studied and refined through the ages, and without proper study nobody could hope to replicate such a feat without training in the discipline'.

Piercing Thunder is more like 'Well, what. You stab extra hard, you charge extra carefully while avoiding AoOs, you stab someone and it makes them fall down. I can do that sometimes by just being lucky; I don't even need Piercing Thunder.'
>>
Does the Swarm Master Dread lose the effects of Pestilence Cloak whilst he is manifesting a swarm from it? Or is he simply making more insects rather than giving up his existing lot.
>>43642276
Vermin Rider Dromite Cavalier archetype from UltPsi. Any Druid can take a vermin animal companion iirc and there are two insect themed archetypes for the hunter class, who is all about animal companion stuff.
>>
File: 1404202144641.jpg (185 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1404202144641.jpg
185 KB, 707x1000
>>43641997
>>
>>43642276
Well, Vermin Companions are a thing. There may have been a archetype based around Vermin as well. As for what you want, thematically I'd go Mantis Companion
>>
>>43642297
>>43642317
Sweet. Thanks, guys!
>>
File: Undermountain Stardock.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Undermountain Stardock.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43642165
If you find then, let me know. I've only found a few random pdfs from searching around.
>>
>>43640295
Pathfinder does have more cringeworthy sex and romance material written into the adventures. 5e is like a game by Bethesda and Pathfinder is like a game by Bioware.
>>
>>43642269
>Paladin redeems a murder of harpies
>redeemed harpies realize being good is pretty neat
>wind up with >>43642300

I can get behind this.
>>
>>43642290
Oh please, anyone who's ever trained in swordfighting can fire sword beams.

Your attempt at removing sword beams from mundane fighters has not gone unnoticed, MAGE
>>
>>43642220
You'll like the origin of Kestrels.
>>43642269
Thank you anon.
>>43642300
This is fucking adorable.
>>
>>43642447
Link, your sword beams are not something everyone has. Most adventurers don't even carry as many magic items as you do, and all the weapon proficiencies tell me you're some kind of unholy multiclass. Let's never mind the whole "chosen one" business.
>>
File: mithral current.gif (18 KB, 170x65) Image search: [Google]
mithral current.gif
18 KB, 170x65
>>43642290
>>43642447
>>
>>43640376
It will be a bit better than the average paizo martial. Probably weaker than a PoW martial. You'll notice the size increase stuff doesn't boost its stats. That is just to help them intimidate and grapple.
>>
>>43640295
5e is like they combined 2e and 3e (which adds up to 5!), then cut stuff out till they got a game suitable for six year olds.

Pathfinder is complicated as fuck. Play a druid and you should be able to learn all of it pretty quick.
>>
>>43642566
and threaten, no? isn't a whole big thing about lockdown martials having a large threatened area?
>>
>>43642634
Oh yeah. More threat range too. That helps a lot once you get grab and constrict.
>>
>>43642512
>Implying you can't fire sword beams from even a wooden sword given to you by sketchy old hobo living in cave so long as you're healthy
Bitch please.
You just don't know how to wield a sword is why you can't beam it.
>>
>>43642647
Bruh, that old hobo was a sage.

That wooden sword's probably more of a wand than a sword.
>>
>>43642566
Yes, but the large size stuff isn't my biggest concern. The multiple times a day gaze attack (not pseudo-gaze single target, real gaze attack) that petrifies for as many rounds as i have levels. Petrify seems to be straight up unconscious with no mention of adding anything like hardness equivalent to stone or anything like that. The only balancing aspects i can think of is people can use mirrors and i can accidentally fuck up my allies.

Yeah i guess its a fort save so it'll be hard to pull off and it scales on CHA which as a martial style class is unlikely to be high but still it seems pretty scary. I guess its no worse than oracles and color spray though.

Usually rite does 4-6 for its large size, so i was a little confused about it being 3 for medusa.
>>
>>43642340
Well, there's the second link at the end of the 1d4chan article on Spelljammer, if you can get it to work.
>>
Guys, wait. If mortals can ascend to godhood in Golarion - couldn't they also fall back down to mortality?

Maybe one did. Maybe he wants his power back. Maybe losing his godhood knocked him down to something weaker than he was before he ascended. Maybe he wants to be worshipped again. Maybe he has a whole nation of sycophants to do it for him - but covers himself up so nobody realizes his true identity, now that his immortality is lost to him.

Aroden and Razmir are both six-letter names.
>>
Hey what was that adventure path dealing heavily with the Harrow Realm?
>>
>>43642290
Some of the stuff that fits with Piercing Thunder that I think brings it more in line with the 'extraordinary' standard set by the others:

>Goring Charge
>Not even impaling a foe on your spear will stop your charge. Charge into an enemy; in addition to doing normal damage plus 4d6, you automatically push the target back 5ft for every 10 damage you do, moving with them, and if they hit another creature during this movement, the original target takes another 1d6 bludgeoning damage from the impact and the second target also takes the full damage of the initial attack, reflex save halves.

>Piercing Thunder Nail
>Throw your discipline weapon at a target so hard that it pierces through it and gets buried in the ground. A target struck takes normal damage plus Xd6 and 2d4 bleed damage, and every turn must make a combat maneuver check to free itself before it can move from its space.

>Thunder Arc Vault
>Initiate this boost at any time during a charge attack to plant your spear into the ground and use it to polevault across the battlefield (pulling your weapon out along with you), making an acrobatics check at +10 to leap and avoid all terrain and obstacles in the way of your charge. If you attack your opponent before landing, add 6d6 to the damage. You can use this boost in response to being targeted by an AoO during your charge, in which case you instead roll Acrobatics at +5 against the attack roll to negate the attack and then leap as normal.

I also like the idea of an acrobatics check to jump over a melee attack and then land perfectly balanced on the flat of their weapon, like a certain iconic manga scene, but I think that will have a number of problems in practice.
>>
>>43642690
Didn't Razmir get a stablock recently?
>>
>>43642713
Oh, and something that Piercing Thunder sorely needs is a way to make retrieving your weapon easy after throwing it. Because it's all well and good to use Throwing Thunder and do all that damage and then not have your weapon any more.

I think the easiest way is to add this text to Hastened Leap:
>If you threw your discipline weapon since the start of your last turn, passing through or adjacent to its location at any point during this boost allows you to retrieve it as a free action that doesn't provoke AoOs.

I was going to say 'you need to end adjacent to it' but realized that doesn't leave reach weapon users in a very favorable position.
>>
>>43642814
*retrieve it as long as another creature hasn't picked it up and there are no similar complications that would prevent you from doing so easily.
>>
>>43642769
It could be a clever ruse.
>>
File: Dragoon_FFXIV_Art_3.jpg (299 KB, 1111x936) Image search: [Google]
Dragoon_FFXIV_Art_3.jpg
299 KB, 1111x936
Piercing thunder should have a ton of acrobatics involved.
I want to jump on my enemies as much as I'd like run them through.
If at least one maneuver doesn't have me land on someone that also calls down a lightning bolt, the discipline as a whole has failed.
>>
>>43642845
Well yes, especially if he's a reincarnated Aroden (in the sense he started life again rather than just a new body) but my point was DOES ANYONE HAVE RAZMIR'S STATBLOCK?
>>
>>43642871
So Dragoon, the Discipline? I can dig that.
>>
>>43642893
Mix in what it has right now with acrobatic flying and jumping and landing on people and you've got it.
>>
>>43642871
It would be cool if Piercing Thunder was the lightning analogue to Solar Wind's fire, but I understand the need for non-supernatural stuff.

Lv4 Leaping Strike does all that minus the lightning, though.
>>
>>43642872
Wiki says he's wizard 19.
>>
>>43642941
>lightning analogue to Solar Wind's fire
You can take Solar Wind as any element fagatron
>>
>>43643042
I knew that, doesn't change the fact that all the Solar Wind fluff is fire-themed.

>Blinding Ray Shot
>The disciple wraps incandescent light with the brightness of the midday sun around his weapon and lets fly at an opponent. The initiator makes an attack against a target creature and if successful, the target is blinded for 1d4 rounds.

>Somehow even with the ice-themed Glacial Frost variant or the acid-themed Virulent Spray, it still shines like the sun and blinds them
>>
>>43643147
>what is photokeratitis
>>
>>43643147
Ever heard of snow blindness?
Also the acid version probably works by spraying shit into the eyes of the enemy.
>>
>>43643147
>freezes their eyes shut
>acid to the face
>>
>>43643147
Or you could assume that it just causes a blinding effect and the fluff changes with the elements?
>>
>>43643182
>>43643185

There are valid ways of justifying it, but my main point was 'When they wrote Solar Wind, the theme was FIRE.'

And as I said in the first place, I recognize the importance of keeping Piercing Thunder non-supernatural.
>>
>>43643147
Fluff can be changed, anon.
>>
File: koreshflag.png (143 KB, 346x288) Image search: [Google]
koreshflag.png
143 KB, 346x288
If I were to make a character loosely based on a 12 year old member of the Branch Davidians (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Davidians), which class would work best?

I'm looking to avoid cleric, paladin, and warpriest, mostly because while he's very religious the god he worships is a regular person claiming to be a god and not an actual deity.
>>
Does Piercing Thunder get a maneuver that basically goes "Attack all creatures in a line. If one creature takes up more than one space, it takes damage for each space this maneuver targets that it occupies."
>>
>>43643232
False Priest Sorceror anon, HAIL RAZMIR! HAIL THE LIVING GOD!
>>
>>43643238
It doesn't.
But honestly seeing how Broken Blade and Riven Hourglass and maybe some others have 'Make two attacks as a standard action' maneuvers, the ability to doublehit large creatures doesn't seem that broken.
>>
>>43643265
I want to like the discipline, but it's just... really mediocre. Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, and Mithral Current do all the shit it tries to do but way better.

And it needs to stop trying to be the Shield+Spear discipline. Shields are fucking awful and nobody uses them.
>>
>>43643296
>shields are fucking awful and nobody uses them unless they're breaking the action economy with free actions

ftfy
>>
>>43643296
I dunno, I had a dex zealot that mained Piercing Thunder and Elemental Flux and I got my AC and reach sky high.
Shields are a pretty good alternate source of AC, and not like I was getting benefits from twohanding a spear anyway.
>>
>>43643248
I was thinking about that, but that seems like some seriously complicated stuff for a 12 year old.
>>
>>43643296
>Piercing Thunder has all of one stance and one counter in the entire discipline that mentions shields at all, and they're both level 1
>The Oaken Shield counter /doesn't even need a shield to use/

>trying to be the shield+spear discipline

Anon, how much of the document did you read?
>>
>>43643265
>>43643238

A line would quadrahit a large creature. Gonna hit a huge creature 6 times, maybe 7. No, it would not be balanced.
>>
>>43643433
>large creature
>takes up 4 squares (10ft), in a square

At what angle would you quadra-hit a large creature?
>>
>>43643433
u wot m8

Large is 10x10, it'd hit it twice.
>>
>>43643433
Just give it the reach limitations of Goring Strike, ie. 'Increase your reach by 5ft and pierce everything in a line within your reach'.

Unless you super optimized for reach I don't see this covering a line of more than 20ft, 25ft at absolute most. For many people this will only be a 10ft line.

And quad-hitting a creature isn't exactly broken.
>What is 6BAB plus haste plus using Riven Hourglass' Minute Hand to attack once more as a swift action
>>
>>43643232
I wouldn't worry that much about the person because a cleric can gain power on fervent belief in a concept cosmic alone, versus it being granted by a diety.
>>
File: 1428376623697.png (163 KB, 780x818) Image search: [Google]
1428376623697.png
163 KB, 780x818
How long does it usually take for players to burn out? Because I've only been playing pnp games for 6 months and I feel like a burned out little fuck.

>Be generic vidya gamer satisfied with games like Baldurs gate and Neverwinter nights.
>Learn about roll20 and give pnp games a try.
>Dont want to disappoint group by being the guy that slows the game down by being inept.
>Put every effort into getting gud.
>Game eventually runs its course and disbands after three months.
>Feel like I'm reasonably gud and join games that only accept experienced players.
>Begin having feelings of resentment everytime I run into a GM or a player who doesnt put any effort into learning the game.
>Try my best to help them but, some get better, others dont.
>Some games disband while others just end up with me leaving after losing all interest.
>This goes on for another three months.
>Try different systems
>They feel like shit
>Consider reading adventure paths while waiting for a game to become available
>Dont want to meta incase someone runs it on the lfg
>Try going back to vidya
>Every videogame now feels like shallow restrictive shit.

I'm ruined!
>>
>>43643478
How do you figure out your domains in that case?
>>
>>43643478
It does have to be a god/being of similar power of a concept, though. You can't worship a regular person and gain powers from that, it's why Razmir doesn't have clerics.
>>
>>43643518
*or a concept, not of a concept
>>
>>43643472
Something you could do in ToB as well?
>>
Which fiend would you worship?
>>
>>43643504
/tg/ welcomes you. Before now you understand only the surface, you laughed at the jokes but now you understand the barbs of bitterness behind those jokes.
We accept you.
One of us.
We accept you, one of us, we accept you, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble, we accept you, we accept you.

But yeah, seriously, we've all been there. You just need to find your group.
>>
>>43643504
Have you considered GMing?
>>
File: lv 20.jpg (261 KB, 700x444) Image search: [Google]
lv 20.jpg
261 KB, 700x444
>>43643468
shouldn't have gotten into the hobby at all bro. out of curiosity, what have you played?
>>
PATTERN BLADE BUFF WHEN

Seriously, most of the other multiclass feats either give bonus levels for the purpose of scaling or allow some features to scale on the other classes levels, whilst Pattern Blade gives nothing but letting you do some more damage on a thrown mind blade and apply insights.

Give me insight scaling or altered defense gets boosted or give up gifted blade manifesting to get those levels in cryptic, but do SOMETHING to make it viable instead of a joke.
>>
>>43643638
Of course not, anon.
>>43643504
>been in 3 roll20 games
>all of them good, had fun, reliable gms
>only downside is players are mostly trash, but a solid core of steady players means we bro it up
>just took down 6 giants and their pet dragon today
>spent an hour afterwards divvying up loot, arguing good naturedly about dumb shit over ale
>march back into town with dragon body on a wagon, throwing gold coins at people standing by as we travel to the council hall and present them with the dragon's head as a gift
>good fucking times
I laugh at people like you.
>>
File: 1332711232877.jpg (62 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1332711232877.jpg
62 KB, 500x1000
>>43643598
>Get interviewed by a GM that seems like a decent person
>Everything goes well and I feel like I'm making a decent impression
"Have you ever intentionally killed or plotted to kill one or more of your party members?"
>...
>"yes..."

>>43643638
I've run into enough shit players to know that I cant possibly bear to go through all the effort of preparing a game then run into a shit player that will end up making it all for nothing.
>>
>>43643718
That is why you boot people that you feel are a problem, or better, ask the rest of the group if they want the problem player around.
My gm puts people on a trial period of 3 weeks.
If you miss 2 weeks with no word, booted.
At the end of the 3 weeks, the group is asked if they want to take the probie on. A few players were turned away, and the core of the group has grown strong.
>>
>>43643649
Wrong person?
>>
>>43643792
very wrong person, whoops. meant >>43643504
>>
>>43643817
Mostly full arcane casters, I have also tried clerics but I dont like the idea of adhering to some sort of code of conduct.
>>
>>43643864
>I dont like the idea of adhering to some sort of code of conduct.
>one of those
Yea, that is an immediate red flag for any gm with sense.
If you can't PRETEND to have a internal code to follow, you are likely to use backwards logic to justify twattery.
>>
>>43643864
Nice, though I meant in terms of game systems. Pathfinder, 3.5, 4e, GURPS, FATAL?
>>
>>43643864
Did you choose them out of a desire to be the 'best' rather than having fun? Because that's a pretty common vidya mindset I see carried over. If you think that's the case, you may be also falling into the trap of "being mechanically powerful is fun."

That's true to a point, but doesn't quite cover it. But the reason paladins and clerics tend to be enjoyable to play outside of their mechanical efficiency is that restrictions promote learning how to deal with them. Your character may well be unhappy with their restrictions, but working inside them anyways because they feel they're important, either to themselves, the people around them, or their gods.
>>
File: ps-grid-terrain.png (391 KB, 320x940) Image search: [Google]
ps-grid-terrain.png
391 KB, 320x940
>>43643468
>>43643469
At the angle from which I was misremembering thr line rules. TIL pathfinder nerfed lines HARD.

Still. Triple hitting large creatures is still really fucking good, and is going to br impossible to balance and still have it be worth using against anything else. I bet one could angle the line to hit four, but I'm too lazy to check.
>>
>>43644043
u wot m8

It's a 10ft by 10ft space. That's two squares wide, two squares high. There is literally no way to hit it more than twice for something Large.
>>
>>43644081
hate to break it to you but look at the diagram for 30-foot lines, particularly the third one
>>
>>43644043
I've only come across one spell or affect which can hit something multiple times if the target is bigger than medium, and that's Ice Spears.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ice-spears

Not a bad spell, really. The bonus it gets to trip for multiple spears is nice.

>>43644081
He's looking at the third 'line' template there, where a large creature could be in one of those corner spots.
>>
>>43644081
Check his diagram. The third line shape curves and could be placed over three spaces. I'm assuming he got it from PFS.
>>
>>43644081
Not him, but look at the middle-right 30ft line. The first 'bend' hits three conjunctive squares. That would be 3/4 of the large creature's space.

Frankly, as a GM, I wouldn't give two shits.
>>
>>43643910
I mostly play PF and 3.5, I tried 4 and 5E but I dont enjoy them. 40kRP is good and so is Delta green

>>43643936
I like arcane because magic in pnp games is nothing like magic in vidya. I've also played enough games to know how important the role of primary caster is and I'd rather not run the risk of being in a party with one that doesnt perform his role adequately.

As for codes of conduct, I dont mind enforcing one on myself but I do not like the idea forcing the rest of the party to adhere to it as well.
I've also experienced enough paladin horror stories that has left me despising the class.
>>
>>43644107
>>43644105
>>43644096
I've never seen a line used in such a fashion ever.
>>
>>43644119
>I do not like the idea forcing the rest of the party to adhere to it as well
With 90% of classes, that is not the point.
>I've also experienced enough paladin horror stories that has left me despising the class.
You are being a faggot. There is nothing wrong with the class, only people who think it gives them rights they don't have.
That said, if you are with players that internecine conflict comes up, and it's not an evil game, they are the fuckwits.
>>
>>43644130
That line shape is specifically for effects that would hit every square in the line. Additionally, for whatever dumbfuck reason, it's being measured from the red dot's top-left corner, rather than top-right. It's an example of bad planning, imo. If you cut out both squares that touch on two sides in that line, you still get 30ft within the diagonal traversal rules.
>>
>>43644192
I thought that the line rules didn't follow the diagonal traverse rules, only character movement did?
>>
>>43644167
>Paladin acts like a shitbag.
>Immediately redirect all blame and call the player a faggot.
Nice argument you have going there friendo.
>>
>>43644238
Check the 4th line template. It goes 4 spaces instead of the straight's six. The missing two spaces are in the diagonals, since two of them are counting as 10 rather than 5
>>
>>43644256
>guy blames a class for idiot players
>acts like internal conflict doesn't go both ways
Do you have anything else to say?
>>
>>43644369
>Boo hoo people should enjoy playing my favorite class and should have the same preferences as me.
>>
>>43644238
Diagonal traversal is for grid distance, not any specific thing.

Also what >>43644271 said.
>>
>>43638526

Use PoW, focus on Black Seraph and/or Eternal Guardian. The latter especially has a third level maneuver called Grim Guard's Laughter that acts as an AoE intimidate (and whirlwind attack).
>>
How do you make a wizard interesting beyond "guy who casts spells"?
>>
>>43644167
Lets be honest here, of all the classes in the game, paladins are probably the easiest to use for griefing the other players while pretending to take the moral high ground and playing it off as roleplaying.
>>
>>43644456
By actually being a character, not a class?
>>
Gonna do some magic item crafting today. What should a level 3 wizard with craft wondrous item craft?
I'll have 2-3 days, maybe a week ingame and I'm not that rich, so this should be bottom of the barrel cheap crap.

Also it should be stuff that assists in combat or in dealing with traps/puzzles. Sleeves of many garments is for social shit and will not help me.
>>
>>43644456
How do you make [class] interesting beyond "[thing that class does]"?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.