[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I have a faggot friend who is learning GURPS, and he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: pyroblast.png (207 KB, 471x352) Image search: [Google]
pyroblast.png
207 KB, 471x352
So, I have a faggot friend who is learning GURPS, and he's trying to defend it to me. I put a challenge to him, and he failed it, but said that you fuckers would know. Anyone feel like trying to prove GURPS a superior system? I want to play Palom and Porom. Not Palom, not Porom, Palon AND Porom. Is this possible in gurps, and how thoroughly gimped will they be by it? Also, I want dualcasting. That was a cool mechanic, and I bet I can do a lot more with it in an RPG.
>>
>>43634304
Lean Duplication, Learn Magery, Learn appropriate spells.

Have one duplicate cast black magic, have the other cast white magic.

I don't even play GURPS and I found this in 5 minutes of googling and searching through the basic rules.
>>
>>43634694

dude, that's casting a spell to double your characters, not PLAYING two characters. I'm asking if GURPS has rules to let my character technically be two characters.
>>
>>43634304
I'm not familiar with those characters, but dual casting can be accomplished with Compartmentalized Mind for extra mental actions. And you might need high magic skills to cast without physical action to make it work, as well, I can't quite recall.
>>
>>43634743
And I don't really feel like catering to your winning for more than 5 minutes. Figure it out yourself/

Or, better yet, crazy idea...ask your GM if you can play two characters?
>>
>>43634743
Playing one of them and taking the other as an equal-point always-available Ally would be reasonable if they're separate people. I'm under the impression there's some trick for if they're a hivemind or something but I don't personally know it.
>>
>>43634743
Why not have 2 caracter sheets in any system.
>>
>>43634743
You only need to use Duplication once and it lasts however long you want it to. After that, you've got two characters that can both cast magic.

What's the problem?
>>
>>43634304
>WILL GURPS LET MY CHARACTER SHEET HAVE TWO CHARACTERS WRITTEN ON IT OR DOES IT SUCK?

Get two character sheets you fucking retard
>>
>>43634304
>>43634743

Do you happen to know of another system where playing two characters isn't accomplished by simply playing two characters?
>>
>>43634786
Also you could spend the points to have Duplication always on, possibly with the disadvantages of if one of you dies the other dies or whatever to suit OP's retarded autism
>>
>>43634807
Again, I spent 5 minutes researching this. I'm sure there are a buttload of advantages and disadvantages or whatever you could add on to make it work more properly, but that just goes to show how dumb this question is.
>>
>>43634823
Well OP is the type of fucking moron who likes final fantasy but thinks the 3d remakes are playable so I'm assuming he was born sometime after 2000 and late
>>
>>43634839

"thinks the 3d remakes are playable"

I think that I couldn't find any fucking images from the classic game, and while I've played both, there really wasn't a huge difference aside from the huge amounts of shit they added in for chaff,
>>
>>43634937
fuck off, retard
>>
>>43634304
"It doesn't let me play out my underage twincest fantasy, so it's a bad system."

Fuck off.
>>
GURPS Supers as the Duplicate Self advantage.

GURPS Psionics has the Twin Soul advantage.

GURPS Time Travel has the Alter Ego advantage.

So yes. It has that capability.
>>
>>43635246
You could probably also do something with the Hivemind advantage, although it might be less fitting.
>>
>>43634803

D&D 3.5 offers the dvati race, and the Strike! RPG (Fate + Burning Wheel out of combat, D&D 4e in combat, to greatly oversimplify it) offers the "buddies" class.

Both options allow a player to play two characters with a single class who are reasonably balanced against conventional characters, even in terms of action economy.
>>
>>43634803
YES!
The most recent edition of GAMMA WORLD has a potential character background be Doppleganger, where you have TWO BODIES.

However, since this edition of Gamma world is based on D&D 4e, you may find it distasteful.
>>
>>43634304
I'm going to say yes. Now explain who they are or post a link if you want to know how.
>>
>>43636789
It's weird to think that you're probably not underage.

Goddamn, it's going to be 2020 in a few years.
>>
>>43634304
you're just asking to use one set of stats for a pair of characters as one entity? that's entirely roleplay territory, crunch wise it's just the same fucking character sheet as any other. are you retarded?
>>
"Hey, GM, is it okay if I purchase Accelerated Time Rate and extra limbs, and then put on a modifier (two seperate bodies, +X%), I'll take split personality too, and use the same thing on that. Yes? Awesome."

If there isn't a way to do it in the core book, hack something together out of what you do have.
>>
>>43639119
Not op, but Palom and Porom are two separate characters that are both magic users with different spell lists. They act as two completely different characters in battle. The only really special mechanic if I recall correctly is the team attacks where you can trade the two individual turns for one attack that, when you strip away the flavor, is a little bit stronger than either one of them attacking by themselves (think dual techs or triple techs in Crono Trigger, but a little simpler.)

They are probably most likely allies with very high (almost 100% if 100% is not allowed) availability with 100% point value. They probably have Mindlink, or more likely Special Rapport because they have super high levels of synchronization.

Modifying abilities with the coordinated attack technique described in the powers supplement on p. 169, you might simulate the two casting an offensive spell simultaneously for a few different purposes.
>>
>>43634304
>So, I have a faggot friend who is learning GURPS
No, your friend has a faggot friend too stupid too learn GURPS.
>>
>>43634767
>>43634807
>>43635246
Multple answers, but OP is too much a faggot to acknowledge it.
>>
File: cape-man.jpg (32 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
cape-man.jpg
32 KB, 544x400
>>43639416

right? Honestly GURPS used to turn me off since everything is built out of the same character point pool. I used to liken it to building a castle by gluing hundreds of grains of sand instead of using legos...

but hoenstly once i powered past the first hundred pages and realized it was just 3d6 roll under with a whole bunch of modular extra shit...

also i didnt tell him i couldn't do it, i was just describing the variety of possibilities and he asked for his weeb twin fantasy. it was late so i told him to come here.

my favourite thing so far is that capes are a weapon class with their own skill. i could play cape-man. he would not be a superhero.
>>
>>43639511
Capes give tremendous bonuses to all active defenses; you could potentially make a surprisingly dangerous character I think, if you gave them a shield and a cape.
>>
>>43634937

You couldn't add the word "sprite" or "SNES" to the end of your Google image search?

I'm still not sure why you'd need to specifically play this duo as one character when they take two character slots in the game they're from.
>>
Final Fantasy fags continue to prove how shitty it's fanbade truly is, OP mayne you should just stick to the Gaia forums.
>>
>>43635785
>With a single class

Which still wouldn't solve OPs problem, so he's still a faggot
>>
>>43639059
I didn't get in to many game series.
>>
>>43635785
Man, I love that album. I like for a change that a doujin musician actually understands how classical music works.
>>
File: 2Headed2TailedBifurcatedSnek.jpg (395 KB, 1200x975) Image search: [Google]
2Headed2TailedBifurcatedSnek.jpg
395 KB, 1200x975
>>43634304
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.