[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TaleGear: A Steam-Fantasy Roleplaying Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Welcome to the strange world of TaleGear! A world of duality! A world of magic and technology! A world of faith and science! A world of good and evil! A world of law and crime! Anywho, this is both a mechanics and setting project. Let me lay out the basic setting first: Imagine a world full of unusual creatures, each with shared culture and different groups. There are great nations vibrant and wonderful, cathedrals dark and looming, and strange powers with unusual applications! The three great races, Humanity, Goblinkin, and Skrienkind, while all of a species wide culture, have variations from being of different nations. Keep in mind however, all that is known to the three great peoples is one giant continent. Not to say there's not other lands, but they're unknown and mysterious to all. New technologies have allowed the dying to live on as mighty mechanical giants known as Technaughts. Right, now in terms of mechanics and crunch, all I know is that the game will operate with WoD-esque dot systems, skill trees, and d8s as the only dice. I will upload pictures of the races, and include a general description for them, but feel free to comment on what I have at the moment.
>>
File: TaleGear Human.png (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
TaleGear Human.png
67 KB, 800x600
Humans are the most naturally durable species known. Their ability to survive damage despite all odds confuses both Goblins and Skrien alike. Humanity also bears the longest gestation period of all sentient creatures known. But where they're durable, they are also rather self destructive and tend to rely on their emotions in poor situations to do so. Their lack of centralized culture leads to great conflict among the human nations of the land. And in terms of the invention of weaponry, nothing can top the human talent for it.
>>
File: TaleGear Goblin.png (66 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
TaleGear Goblin.png
66 KB, 800x600
Goblins are rather small, in terms of races. As due of their distant genetic relations, goblins are naturally moist, and have a certain morning dew look to them. They tend to combine magic and machinery to produce all sorts of unusual and unconventional methods of solving problems. Unfortunately, due to the shared cultural respect of thieving and pillaging, others look down upon them, leading to a belief that anything a goblin owns was stolen, and among the more paranoid, a belief the body moisture is a poisonous substance. Goblins are usually either mercenaries or merchants, seeking coin in any way they can attain it. Whole wars have been fought by goblin nations for the simple sake of having more property. Greed is most certainly a goblin's greatest sin.
>>
File: TaleGear Skrien.png (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
TaleGear Skrien.png
75 KB, 800x600
Skrien are aerodynamic and light creatures. They bear an unusual diet compared to other races, who need food and water. Skrien merely need to feed on blood from a large creature to survive. Unfortunately, Skrien are not only insanely paranoid, but also incredibly racist. They treat goblins as food and property, while humans are considered merely lesser folk. However, where other races have great technology, Skrien have fantastic and near impossible artistic feats in their lands. Skrien are also incredible architects, with structures that seem to defy all logic in their magnitude and magnificence. Their great arts, however, do not make up for their heavy faith and superstition, science has almost no place among the Skrien, them viewing it as bedevilment.
>>
>>43632942
>leading to a belief that anything a goblin owns was stolen, and among the more paranoid, a belief the body moisture is a poisonous substance.

Fucking hell that sucks.
>>
>>43633894
What kind of "sucks" we talking here? Is it a bad portion, or is it a sympathetic response in terms of Goblinkin?
>>
>>43634150
'Sympathetic, sorry, kinda rushed out the response.
>>
>>43632483
Is this a quest?

If this is a quest, then I pick "goblin".
>>
>>43632483
You're a really good artist, OP.
>>
>>43634988
Yeah those are good, gives you a great sense of the species.
>>
>>43634652
No quest, it's more of an idea for a possible TTRPG I'm working on, and I came to /tg/ for help.
>>
>>43632483

Any particular reason you chose D8s?
>>
>>43639700
Primarily because it means the dice and a bolt have the same number of sides, and the result curve is not as limited as a d6, but not d20 or d20 wild. So, basically, bolts and smooth result curves.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.