[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guillaume Heresy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: surrounded_by_plebeians.jpg (61 KB, 612x599) Image search: [Google]
surrounded_by_plebeians.jpg
61 KB, 612x599
How much destruction could cause a Guillaume Heresy? And what Primarchs would be on his side?
>>
>>43631686

What the fuck's a Guillaume?
>>
With his own Empire of 500 worlds already as a base he'd probably would have caused just as much destruction as Horus.

The real question is who could he have gotten to side with him. Besides Sanguinius, Horus was the most charismatic Primarch and this helped him recruit several. But the real crazy's like Curze/Angron would have sided with Girlyman anyway, Magnus was forced into it, and Alpharius was being Alpharius. The key ones are could he have swayed Mortarion and Perturabo, perhaps also Khan/Lion. Lorgar probably would have gone along with him if Chaos ordained it, his faith was stronger than his grudge.

Russ/Sanguinius/Ferrus/Dorn would have been loyal no matter what happened or who went traitor.
>>
>>43631717

Guilliman, sorry.
>>
>>43631778
>Russ/Sanguinius/Ferrus/Dorn would have been loyal no matter what happened or who went traitor.

And yet we have things like Dornian Heresy. All this fanfic bullshit and speculation is worthless since GW's official fluff is already pretty shaky. It's like making a "what if" out of a fanfic of a fanfic of a non-mainstream TV show.
>>
His name is Rowboat Girlyman, you ignorant swine.
>>
File: gallery_26_548_80597.jpg (105 KB, 873x1200) Image search: [Google]
gallery_26_548_80597.jpg
105 KB, 873x1200
>>43631717

This is Guillaume
>>
>>43631686
Can a 40k fag tell me in wich book does the "caucasian soliders" quote is found?
>>
>>43631686
Depends on why he went heretic in the first place? I mean, are we talking full on worshiping Chaos here? Or simply "I should be the one at the head of the Imperium and if you don't let me, i'm gonna go off and make my own Imperium, with Blackjack and Hookers!"
>>
>>43632127
One way or another, one leads to the other.

Lets say he begins with the latter, much as Horus did.
>>
>>43631686
I'm pretty sure that he would have wrecked pretty hard compared to Horus. I mean, Horus fucked shit up and he had star systems join his cause as the war went on, but the whole 500 worlds thing would have made it to where even if Roboute lost just as hard as Horus did and died at the hands of the Emperor, he would still leave behind a motivated chain of command with an empire turned towards stamping out the Emperor's Imperium. The Scouring would have been nowhere near as "successful" as the one in the canon timeline was.

At least in my opinion.
>>
>>43632388
Why does one necessarily lead to the other? Ward, is that you?
>>
>>43632388
Why? This isn't a black and white situation where you are either loyal to the imperium or worshiping chaos. There is a middle ground where he could just split from the Imperium and not fall to chaos.
>>
File: Mark_of_Tzeentch.jpg (38 KB, 338x333) Image search: [Google]
Mark_of_Tzeentch.jpg
38 KB, 338x333
>>43636551
>This isn't a black and white situation where you are either loyal to the imperium or worshiping chaos.
That may be true to some extent, or at least it might have been if we weren't discussing a Primarch.

A Primarch that raises arms against the Imperium in civil war is bound to fall along the way. Chaos has hounded them since infancy, it's nonsense to think that such a huge opening wouldn't be taken advantage of.
>>
>>43632053
>crimson fist
>>
>>43631778

I do not think Alpharius would fight for Roboute fight. He hated this guy.

>>43632020

Dornian Heresy is crap.
>>
>>43631686
He would't have gotten that far, because Horus would've been there to stop him.

Horus was the best of them all in all fields, that's why he was chosen to be the great heretic.

If Horus stayed loyal,the Heresy would've been stopped way before it could reach terra
>>
>>43637461

Horus was not the best primarch.
>>
>>43637461
are you retarded?
>>
Robot Girlyman is the worst primarch and would have lead a shit heresy.
>>
>>43638342
Bob billy is the best primarch, at making enemies
>>
>>43638342
This
>>
>>43631686
He would have destroyed the Imperium and cast down the Emperor.
I doubt he'd need the other Legions, because he would have just patiently waited and built up his own to exceed all others combined.
>>
>>43637980
>Horus
>Not best Primarch

MAYBE Sanguinus could beat him in a fight. Rowboat would stand no chance.

>>43631778
>>43632020
>Everyone forgets Vulkan and Corvus
>>
>>43637980
>Horus
>Not the best primarch

kek
>>
>>43637980
The entire gimmick of Horus was about him being the best of all primarchs in every way
>>
>>43638912
>>43638920
>>43638967
Horus was not the absolute best of all Primarchs. The closest one to that title would be Sanguinius. If anything, Horus was the most ambitious. That's why he was put in charge of the Great Crusade. IIRC, it was explicitly stated in Horus Rising or some other Heresy book.
>>
>>43639031
A dying Horus confessed that he thought Sanguinius was the best of the Primarchs.
However Guilliman was the best of all Primarchs objectively.
>>
>>43639042
Matt Ward pls go
>>
>>43639050
This fact predates Ward by a long time.
>>
>>43639061
Best at blueballs, maybe
>>
>>43639070
And banging phoenix lords.
>>
>>43631686
It ultimately depends on why Guillman wanted to go heretical. Is it due to Chaos, or he is sicked by his own perceived injustices of the Imperium and he thinks only he could change it? They would draw very different crowds to his agenda. Though I would venture to guess the former would draw the same primarchs who had fallen to Chaos, since they were already more susceptible to Chaos based on whatever hubris they already had. The latter would draw a much smaller contingent, whoever Guillman had influence over or considered to be a very close friend and ally, but probably not a lot of people since the Imperium at that time was actually pretty advanced and united compared to the 41st millennium.
>>
>>43639070
Best at making the Imperium and war too.
>>
>>43639090
>he is sicked by his own perceived injustices of the Imperium and he thinks only he could change it?
So, basically Horus, then?
>>
>>43639187
>>43639090
Guilliman wants to play Emperor and micromanage the lives of everyone else. Chaos can promise him the galaxy.

Seriously, he's basically the Emperor in miniature, and there's only room for one egoistical tyrant. He's ripe for corruption.
>>
>>43631686
Wasn't there a lot of friction between the ultras and pretty much everyone else, because Guilliman was trying to run his own empire inside the Imperium? I got a feeling that if he were to completely break off and try to overthrow the Imperium he would have very limited support from the other legions if any at all.
>>
>>43639281
>Wasn't there a lot of friction between the ultras and pretty much everyone else, because Guilliman was trying to run his own empire inside the Imperium?

No.
>>
>>43637980
True, Sanguinius was always prettier.
>>
>>43639187
Yeah but the 2nd scenario assumes he doesn't fall to Chaos for one reason or another and is more or less just an Imperial rebellion.
>>
>>43638342
>>43638365
>le i hate ultramarines meme
>>
>>43638967
You didn't read the books too well did you?
>>
>>43639042
Bwahahahahaaaa... That's so funny that it's not even funny anymore...
>>
>>43642025
Funny or not it's true.
>>
>>43642044
Seriously stop. I can't breath. My sides. They've are so out there, they've got their own star empire.
>>
>>43642072
Horus really said that, just calm down.
>>
Who would then stabilize the Imperium if the Ultramarines betrayed the Imperium?
>>
>>43637362

So is this thread.
>>
I think the real question is how much style could a Fulgrim Heresy cause? And what primarches would be jealous of him.

(Definitely that basic bitch Sanguinio)
>>
>>43643625
Whorus? Faggrim?
>>
>>43643876
Fulgrim is way too easily distracted and weak minded to be the leader of the rebellion. I'd all fall apart as soon as he realized his ship was shaped like an ugly penis

Sanguinius was the only one who could rival Horus. Horus himself admits as much, which is why he went against Erebus plan to turn him at signus and instead wanted him dead
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.