[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would one go about running a tabletop game in the setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mad-max1.jpg (54 KB, 590x292) Image search: [Google]
mad-max1.jpg
54 KB, 590x292
How would one go about running a tabletop game in the setting from the first Mad Max film?
>>
First you would need friends to play with.
>>
>>43631670
By rolling up a fuel injected suicide machine.
>>
>>43631840
I can kidnap a few.
And next?
>>
The first Mad Max is kinda strange in context of the other two three films. Like, the world isn't obviously post-apocalyptic, nor even is there any real mention of massive destabilization. There isn't much gratuitous violence, Max has a son and his wife is alive. From Road Warrior it gets strange.
Apart from leather cop daddies there isn't much that isn't in Australia in real life.
>>
>>43632309
Mad Max is during the slow degradation before the final collapse.
>>
>>43632309
Mad Max 1 is during the slide into barbarism that leads to WW3, following a worldwide gas crunch that causes a collapse of supply chains. Max's job is keeping order after regular society has started to fall apart, but isn't quite tearing at each others' throats yet.

Mad Max 2 takes place after the big nations slugged it out.
>>
Use GURPS and research rural Australia, there's basically no difference between actual Australia and Mad Max 1.
>>
>>43633733
>there's basically no difference between actual Australia and Mad Max 2

FTFY
>>
>>43632643
It still was kind a ballsy move to make the road warrior after mad max. It's kind of like if Death Wish 2 was taking place after the apocalypse.
>>
>>43634235
Not really. There are plenty of hints and implications that society is falling apart in Mad Max.
>>
>>43633733
>>43633787
I remember being told not to leave your car unattended in certain areas because the locals had a habit of cutting into tanks and fuel lines or using a siphon to drain petrol out of people's vehicles.
>>
>>43631670
>How would one go about running a tabletop game in the setting from the first Mad Max film?
I've yet to see good vehicle racing and/or combat in an RPG. It just turns into a crunchy wargame.
>>
File: pic1554208.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1350) Image search: [Google]
pic1554208.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1350
>>
>>43631670
Select a game system, watch the films, create a scenario, get players and voila! Simples.
>>
Something with good rules for cars.
>>
http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/games/classic/

About a zillion supplements to this game back in the 80s, probably a pdf archive somewhere. Pretty much inspired by Mad Max/Road Warrior.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.