[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would an RPG designed by Hirohiko Araki be like? How would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
What would an RPG designed by Hirohiko Araki be like?
How would the hobby itself be different in an alternate universe where Gary Gygax was replaced by Hirohiko Araki?
>>
>>43631546
It would probably be Exalted.
>>
>>43631546
Warhammer 40k

>Everything is over the top
>Rule of cool rules all
>Much style, little substance
>Fun
>>
>>43631703
40k doesn't have enough posing or music references
>>
What would the Stands of the various Primarchs and the Emperor be? Are the chaos gods equivalent to the Pillar Men, with demons being their vampires?
>>
>>43631546
All stats would be based on the the Stand stat system or alternatively: Pose/Fashion/Muscles/Swears/Catchphrase

Also instead of fantasy focus it'd all be small town mystery with body horror and supernatural combat elements.
>>
>>43631807
>Chaos Gods are powerful ancient rogue Stands
>daemons are autonomous Stands made from humanity's collective fighting will but controlled by Chaos Stands
>when they appear in the material universe they are bound to space itself so they are mostly visible
>Psykers are Stand users using the powers of Stands from the Warp, contesting with the Chaos Stands for power constantly, which is why it's dangerous
>Blood Angels are Space Marines who use the Stone Mask, think about Sanguinus - gorgeous, beautiful, deific angelic man, just like how Dio was beautiful and charismatic
>I have no idea where the Hamon users go to be honest
>>
>>43632323
Hamon users become Inquisitors?
>>
>>43632323
I want this so bad.
>>
>>43632361
If mutants are the zombies made by vampires like Dio makes, then that makes sense because it'll destroy them, but Hamon is useless against Stands, which most Fabulous Inquisitors would be battling. Come to think of it, what good does it do against xenos?
>>
>>43632323
>>43632361

Hamon users are those faithful enough that their attacks banish demons, like Sisters of Battle.

The Sanguinor is obviously the collective stand of the Blood Angels.
>>
>>43632400
Nothing says a Hamon user can't have a Stand - look at Joseph.
>>
>>43632323
Dungeons the Dragoning 40k supplement when?
>>
>>43632403
Come to think of it, Space Marines are probably Hamon users because it makes you stronk, vigorous and almost perpetually young.
>>
>>43631846
>small town mystery
That's just part 4, though.
>>
If D&D was written by Araki, spell names would be taken from song lyrics.
Lots of Gothic horror inspired monsters. Not quite the point of Ravenloft, but they'd be there.
Slight occult themes.
Minor body horror ailments.
Spells would get weirder and weirder with each supplement.
Combat would be cuhrayzee and gamist-narrativist with a focus on emergent complexity.
>>
>>43632554
>spell names would be taken from song lyrics.
Alright, gentlemen, let's start off: what are the new cantrip names?
>Chill Touch is now Cold as Ice
>>
>>43632428
DtD already has Ripple Users, Pillar Men, and Stand Users.
>>
>>43633346
Which book?
>>
>>43631731
It isn't fun either.

I kid, I kid.
>>
>>43633359
Ripple Users and Pillar Men are in Book 3 as Kryptonians and Strigoi. Stand Users can be done with Book 1's Atlanteans and Book 3 Sin-Eaters. If some of those aren't in Book 3, check the homebrew forum. The fluff thread starts with the DtD version of DIO's World.
>>
>>43632893
What would magic missile be?
>>
>>43632323

Ok /tg/ what are the true names of the 4 chaos stands?
>>
>>43634684
Born This Way really is perfect for Slaanesh, but alas, there is already a canon Stand with that name.
>>
>>43634819

What about "Bad Romance"?
>>
>>43634684
The four Chaos Srands are Prince, U2, Styx, & Hunky Dory. The Emperor's Stand was One Vison, but it was shattered by Horus' Hammer to Fall.
>>
>>43635444
Oh fuck yes.

What would Malal/Malice be?
>>
>>43635489
Pretty Hate Machine or Disturbed. Pick your favorite.
>>
>>43631546
>who is this guy
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.