[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would the Borg be able to assimilate Tyranids? If so, would the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1257369136566.jpg (18 KB, 461x357) Image search: [Google]
1257369136566.jpg
18 KB, 461x357
Would the Borg be able to assimilate Tyranids? If so, would the Tyranids be able to adapt to and negate assimilation and its effects?
>>
I don't know how this will end, I just know the result will be fucking horrifying.
>>
The borg only work with humanoid species so I'd say no.
>>
Borg can assimilate Nids
Can Nids adapt around it? It depends.
Is Tyranid adaptation a conscious act, or a reflex built into their biology?
If it is dependent on conscious thought, then no.
If is is reflexive, then maybe.
>>
>>43630938
Species 8472 would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>43630890
No. For all the ability of the Borg, they are incompatible with Tyranid biology. You can augment a 'nid as much as you want but without the influence of the Hive Mind it comes down to the species to decide what the fuck it's doing. Literally explained in game and fluff, Instinctive Behavior takes over. Their minds are not developed in some areas and enhanced in others. Gaunts being the easiest to look at. They just know how to survive for themselves and will naturally evolve their physiology until reabsorbed by the Hive Fleet, assuming they survive stranded for enough time to let nature takes it's course.

Getting something like a Genestealer or Warrior would be even more problematic because these creatures will fight to the death before the Borg could attempt to assimilate.

Wanna go microscopic? Fine. Phage cells are known to also eat anything foreign in the body. Like a cellular ripper it then kills itself in the respective glands to allow the creatures cells to naturally adapt and react as well, just like a white blood cell in our bodies but vastly more effective and complex.

Borg don't finely re-engineer their targets genetic structure, their nanoprobes outright mutate it, repurpose the flesh. Nanoprobes would be overwhelmed as they combat phage cells that are literally adapting and reproducing as rapidly as they could if not more so (depending on the Tyranid in question.).

Even then, the most likely scenario for the Borg is to come across a brood of Genestealers. Kill or be killed, the Borg would likely win. Then they encounter a full Hive Fleet. Their vessels wouldn't fair too well against the spore mine acid onslaught that it would take to handle a Hive Ship.

Don't get me wrong, it's a close fight and would be an awesome sight, but the Borg wouldn't be able to cut it against the Tyranids. Some WOULD effectively be assimilated, but the Borg dependence on technology instead of biology is what renders them ineffective against the Tyranids.
>>
>>43630954
Borg can probably assimilate individual creatures. But not the hive mind itself.

I can see the hivemind being able too override borg control of nids that get too close to the more powerful synapse creatures (or are synapse creatures). The hivemind synapse web is basically magic and has shown the ability to control even dead tyranids temporarily at least.
>>
>>43631148

>In their search for species worthy of assimilation, the Borg first encountered Species 8472 after they found a way to enter fluidic space in 2373. However, Species 8472 turned out to be immune to the Borg's assimilation attempts and the invasion of their realm provoked a war, which quickly evolved into the first real threat faced by the Borg in their own relatively long history; according to Seven of Nine, Species 8472 was the first species to offer "true resistance to the Borg." With their superior biological technology, Species 8472 was able to annihilate large numbers of Borg drones, ships and even planets.

What am I missing?
>>
>>43630890
Neither.

Team Up.
>>
File: species8472.jpg (145 KB, 826x863) Image search: [Google]
species8472.jpg
145 KB, 826x863
>>43631887
A quick google image search shows that Species 8472 aren't humanoid, well, not really sort of.

Pic related, Species 8472
>>
>>43632238
Hand waved. 8472 was "Genetically" similar or something like that, to humans which is why the Borg bothered at all.
>>
>>43632288
Did you even watch Scorpion? In the Borg's eyes, 8472 were as close to genetic perfection as you could get, which is why the Collective invaded fluidic space. It had nothing to do with humans.
>>
>>43630890
Since the Borg's collective and the tyranid's hive mind are the same kind of organism, i'd say the two would talk one-on-one like two fuckhueg organisms and then probably "fuck" to hybridize a new life form with the strenght of both.
However the borg collective is order of magnitudes smaller than even one tyranids hive fleet, so we have a clear desu senpai situation in our hands
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.