[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
Pathfinder General /pfg/

"Kineticist alternatives other than the psychic armory, the psionic kineticist, and Spheres of Power" edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous thread: >>43620714
>>
>>43629780
>Suli Brawler
>>
>>43629860
This is how I Axiom Daevic with the mech piloting feat.
>>
File: Myplayerrolledone.jpg (383 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
Myplayerrolledone.jpg
383 KB, 650x1000
So, anybody haves the pdf of Races of the Inner Sea?
Would like to see the stuff it haves for the less know or popular options, like fetchlings and androids.
>>
Wrath of the righteous- Sword of valor
How do you get around an entire encounter that is stealth based, and the enemies are weapon immune swarms when you are the meat shield?
>>
>>43629915
>Double chin
>Wizard
Hmm...
>>
>>43621948

How so?

>>43622475

This is a game that was advertised to be "for optimized characters." That is most likely why we wound up with three tier 2 characters and a tier 1 character.

The swashbuckler and the kineticist, comparatively, stick out with astoundingly poor builds *on top of their profoundly questionable class choices*.

>>43622501
>>43627695

I am deeply confused here. Why is pointing out that two-thirds of the players have characters that do *not* fit the advertised specifications of the campaign in any way, shape, or form (one could argue that they are an optimized kineticist and an optimized swashbuckler, but even that is not the case for these two characters) socially unacceptable?

This is a matter that concerns the party as a whole, as challenges are being placed before the party, and it is up to the party to trounce those challenges. The swashbuckler and the kineticist would like to fulfill the roles of "dedicated direct damage," and yet they are woefully inadequate at such a niche. How can the rest of the party expect to rely on them to neutralize threats?

Is it not simply prudent to call the group's attention to this major concern?
>>
>>43629915
https://mega.nz/#F!Xdglia6b!MbyyqQK6u0tWWSAimsIjiw!vBhCkRRL

In here
>>
File: Greevana.jpg (221 KB, 800x1214) Image search: [Google]
Greevana.jpg
221 KB, 800x1214
>>43629997
Thank you very much noble Anon.
>>
>>43630020
No need to, that Mega has anything you can dream of by the way, really usefull.
>>
who is your waifiend?
>>
>>43629780
How do I make a nuclear powered Blaster in PF?
>>
>>43630049
The erinyes, Planescape version if you please. I'm less than pleased with the changes made in the transition.
>>
>>43630125
Hey.

For Unbreakable Gambit, what can it counter? Because it lists every single type of ability out there, but if it included everything, shouldn't it just say "Make any Fort or Will save" and not go through the whole list?

For example, how does it interact with, say, poison?

If you get bit and poisoned, can you Unbreakable?

If you touch a doorknob and get poisoned, can you Unbreakable?
>>
>>43630049
>Fiends

You think too small, anon.
>>
>>43630152
I didn't answer this earlier because I'm at work. I'm still at work.
>>
>>43630152
You cannot use gambits out of combat.
>>
So how do I go about distributing my attributes for my half orc shaman?

High wisdom is a no brainer, I know that, but what about dexterity, constitution and intelligence?
I know I should dump strength, but I kinda want him to carry around a two-handed axe (part for fluff reasons, part just wanting a big weapon), so I'd wanna make charisma my dump stat instead.

This is my first character, so I'm not looking for a minmax power build, but he still shouldnt suck balls....so....some helpful tips would be appriciated.

I'm using the spirit of fire btw.
>>
>>43629780
>"Kineticist alternatives other than the psychic armory, the psionic kineticist, and Spheres of Power"

Elemental Master Arcanist
>>
>>43630192
Can you poke someone who can, then?

>>43630206
But you can get hit by a poison on a weapon in a battle, and me and my GM aren't totally sure whether this'd be usable against it.
>>
>>43629992
Yes, you can call attention to it, but if nobody else, especially the GM, feels that it's an issue, then it's absolutely not your place as a player on equal status to the other players and lower on hierarchy than the GM, to try and force a change in the issue.

It is a problem. But if the party is truly aware of it and has decided to accept it, then by being the only one who is still turning into a point of contention, you are the problem.

Yes, it might be true that the GM has slightly gone back on their word so 'for optimized characters' isn't strictly accurate any more, but it's their game, and that's their call to make. If you take issue with it, then you have a right to leave the group in protest, but you don't have any moral right to try and force the group into the state you expected it to be.
>>
>>43629780
>Pathfinder
Bathfinder

The lewd adventure of our hero as he travels across golrion looking for bath houses which have "extra" services.
>>
>>43630298
>Not the lewd adventures of our heroine as she travels across a non-golarion setting looking for bath houses with integrity that don't try to spy on her
>>
>>43630332
Now you are just talking crazy anon
>>
File: 1000px-Katarina_FE13_DLC_Artwork.jpg (113 KB, 1000x1485) Image search: [Google]
1000px-Katarina_FE13_DLC_Artwork.jpg
113 KB, 1000x1485
hey /pfg/, how do i correctly Medium in an Adventure Path?
All this fluff about places of power, zones where great spirits died, how can i collect them like pokemons... sure, it's cool, but what if i'm stuck in Korvosa/sorrounded by brain collectors/on a ship? Should the DM create something, ignore my tears, or just tell me beforehand "there won't be much"?
>>
>>43630455
The official errata states that you can get the generic spirits at any place, but get a bonus if you do get them in the proper places of power.
>>
>>43630455
Medium is bad, don't do it.
I know it's all about fun and the character concept but...don't do it. There is no fun about playing a Medium.
>>
>>43630455
1) Play a halfling for the size bonuses
2) Go evil alignment and use your class abilities to murderhobo everything
3) Be a small Medium at large
>>
>>43630463
>"The almighty cunning of Indris Shatterbone, solemn Archmage of the Old-Mage Jatembe's court, used to hang around this very dock, no less! Right beside Gromp Gn'iik, a goblin Champion, who dwelt around that... that shop. Cool huh?"
>>
>>43630480
kek
>>
File: 1445790072520.png (876 KB, 1197x752) Image search: [Google]
1445790072520.png
876 KB, 1197x752
>>43630480
>>
File: amused2.jpg (40 KB, 422x530) Image search: [Google]
amused2.jpg
40 KB, 422x530
>>43630480
>>
>>43630154
>You think too small, anon.

I think fiends are a step up from the undead, anon.
>>
>>43630152
Unbreakable gambit lists everything it can be used against. Specifically:

>The warlord attempts to succeed on a Fortitude or Will save against an extraordinary ability, maneuver, power, spell, or spell-like or supernatural ability.

If the poison in question doesn't fall into one of the above categories, you can't use Unbreakable gambit against it. That's the RAW anyway.
>>
File: BONE ME.jpg (29 KB, 334x599) Image search: [Google]
BONE ME.jpg
29 KB, 334x599
>>43630628
>Not wanting to BONE Urgathoa
What are you a pharasmite?
>>
>>43630154
That blonde chick is pretty cute. What anime is this from?
>>
>>43630690
>chick
it's one of THOSE animes
>>
>>43630679

Urgathoa is not the type of woman I'd want to bone, even if she had her tubes.

Give me a properly roleplayed NPC with ambitions, backstory and personality. Preferably a race that makes sense, but I guess Half-Elves are ideal for me.

>>43630690

The one anime featuring Nyarlathotep as a cute anime girl (the one in the middle.)

It's in limbo because the VA died.
>>
>>43630287

As a status update, it seems that the GM considers the players of the kineticist and the swashbuckler to have "optimized builds," and has given them a few hero points as a "reward for good optimization." The GM has not given hero points to the other players for "good optimization." Remember, their builds are truly rock-bottom even by their classes' standards.

The GM also claims that in a game they are a player in, the aether kineticist is the single greatest source of damage in the party. That party is either woefully unoptimized, or a party that relies on save-or-lose effects to start with.

It is either that the GM is woefully uninformed and is doing such a thing as a gesture to shield the kineticist and the swashbuckler from "haters," or that the GM inwardly acknowledges that their builds are indeed dreadfully poor yet refuses to express such a thing openly.

What should I do?
>>
>>43630690
>chick
Oh you.
Haiyore! nyaruko-san by the way
>>
>>43630690
Boku no Cthulu
>>
>>43630727
Nothing. Just stop posting here and go bug someone else for... ever.
>>
>>43630727
Either keep silent and play, or leave the game.
>>
>>43630154
You ever think these eldritch abominations look upon this anime?
>>
>>43630795
Yes, they consider it art.
>>
>>43630727
At this point I think you've sabotaged your own reputation in the group too much and they're unlikely to listen to your opinions on the matter.
Either lead by example and play along properly with your own build to show them how it's done, or quit.
>>
>>43629992
Touhoufag, are you literally autistic? I'm not trying to insult you, I'm saying that if you are literally incapable of understanding why your tone may insult others you may suffer from medical, non-buzzword autism.
>>
>>43630727
see
>>43630785
There is a point where you are unrightly trying to usurp authority from the GM to run the game as he sees fit.
Forthwith, you should have brought your concerns to the GM first, and not come on to fucking 4chan to bitch that the game you aren't running has players that aren't doing what you want them to.
If you can't see why this would rankle a lot of people, I'll break it down for you:
You are being childish with your demands, and stepping entirely on the toes of the GM for no good reason. At least see how the game goes before bitching.
>>
>>43630839
>are you literally autistic?
The answer is yes, anon. It's generally attested to by people who know him irl.
>>
>>43630871
Oh. That would explain it, then.

>>43630858
You're apparently wasting your time trying to explain.
>>
>>43629992
How optimal people mean when they say 'optimized' is variable. Frankly, if the gm hasn't been tossing hyper advanced and templated fuck-knows-what's at you to have the encounters be any impediment , then maybe they can make it.

If they can't then Darwin awards.
>>
>>43630727

Are... Are you *actually* bitching to /pfg/ that players are having fun with their class?

Is this actually happening? Is this something the rest of you people do here? When someone comes to the table with a kineticist and actually does a decent job of it, while enjoying themselves, should I get red in the face and express my concern to the DM how "they're playing the game wrong, make them change their class?"
>>
File: touhoufag.jpg (206 KB, 940x1020) Image search: [Google]
touhoufag.jpg
206 KB, 940x1020
>>43630906
>>
>>43630888
>You're apparently wasting your time trying to explain
I am the poster of both.
Just because I am unlikely to succeed does not mean I shouldn't try.
You ought to be ashamed for such defeatist thinking.
>>
>>43630923
>You ought to be ashamed for such defeatist thinking.
Why? That might be true if I had literally nothing else to do, but when I have limited time and a choice between multiple things, why should I choose the option least likely to work?

>>43630906
For a serious answer, no, that's just assholish. Given how bad kineticist is, however, it may be polite to see if the player knows that kineticist does not perform as one might expect at first glance. It's still theoretically possible to have fun playing it, but more difficult to do so than while playing a class that lets you contribute meaningfully to encounters.
>>
>>43630967
>complaining about limited time
>posting on 4chan
>>
>>43630993
>implying I was complaining
>implying I don't find 4chan mildly useful
>>
File: 1447263270212.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447263270212.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>43630967
>It's still theoretically possible to have fun playing it, but more difficult to do so than while playing a class that lets you contribute meaningfully to encounters.

But anon, he just said the players were having fun with the kineticist and swashbuckler, and in fact the aether kineticist is the single greatest source of damage.

They're contributing meaningfully and having fun, instead of setting them aside to give a stern talking to on "how you're playing the game wrong" it would be a lot better to help them make the most of their class choice, and when the topic of other games comes up *then* you should talk about better classes.

Personally? I'm looking forward to making a kineticist, I want to actually use one and see how it feels in action, especially one of those "I rip the fuckers apart with gravity" ones.
>>
>>43631017
Oh, absolutely, I'm glad Touhoufag's fellow players are happy with their choices, I was responding to the general question in his post. The bit about a hypothetical someone making a kineticist.
>>
>>43631017
Read the post again. Talking about a different game.
>>
>>43631042

Ah, I thought you were talking about Touhoufag's players, sorry about that!

>>43631051

I got that now.
>>
So my ranger got a tiger as his animal companion as a plot hook thing. How the hell do I feed a tiger?
>>
>>43631093
Carnivore feed is a listed item, it costs like 5cp per day.

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/EquipmentMiscDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Carnivore%20feed%20(per%20day)
>>
>>43631093
>How the hell do I feed a tiger?

You let it hunt.

Buy it a pig from time to time when you get to a village.
>>
>>43631093
Trips down to the butcher shop and teaching it to hunt for itself. there's a trick in the Handle Animal skill specifically for that too, so look into that.

It's how I get away with consistently feeding dinosaur animal companions in my own campaigns.
>>
>>43630727
Encourage the swashbuckler to pick up Butterfly's Sting and Combat Reflexes for some hot crit loops, at least.
>>
>>43631042
>I was responding to the general question in his post. The bit about a hypothetical someone making a kineticist.

I think >>43631017 was responding to

>For a serious answer, no, that's just assholish. Given how bad kineticist is, however, it may be polite to see if the player knows that kineticist does not perform as one might expect at first glance. It's still theoretically possible to have fun playing it, but more difficult to do so than while playing a class that lets you contribute meaningfully to encounters.

You were saying it's "theoretically possible" to have fun playing something they're already having fun playing, and you should encourage them to play another class that "contributes" when they're already contributing.
>>
>>43631170
>You were saying it's "theoretically possible" to have fun playing something they're already having fun playing

That's just a theory with supporting anecdotal evidence, then.

It's sound, but still weak.
>>
>>43630727
Your original gripe about them having better choices available to them was sound. In this system, you need to go up a feat tree to know how to breath and count at the same time. You got them to take the asinine tax feats and helped them out.

Ultimately, if you go for perfect optimization you are copy-pasting something else without much room for creative difference. If you are pushy in suggesting this type of optimization then it will seem like you are trying to dictate how someone else should build/play their character (Which is something people don't like)

You go even further off the deep end when you also assert that they should pick a different class. Keep in mind that 'suggesting' a class based on their playstyle or what they want to do is fine. Suggesting feats, abilities, or archetypes is fine. Demanding is not, nor is anything that denies the player themselves the autonomy.

Also, the Hero-points thing is clearly the GM giving the couple of dudes an out. 2 other guys have magic at their disposal and the third is some homebrew thing.

To unrustle the folks involved in this exchange between you and the group, I'd suggest apologizing and explaining to the other couple of dudes that you were trying to help them have characters effective at what they aimed to do(not that you were trying to save yourself the trouble of having to carry their asses the whole campaign).
>>
Question:

Suppose that Ileosa from Curse of the Crimson Throne dies.

1.) What happens to her soul? Does she go to Asmodeus' Hell, whatever that is?

2.) Once there, can she escape? What happens to her if she can't - does she just become a slave or something, is her soul turned into food, or what?

3.) Suppose she can argue that she was under the influence of the Crown of Fangs and therefore not responsible for her actions - doesn't this mean that Asmodeus then forfeits her soul since the contract is void?

4.) If he forfeits her soul, what becomes of her then? Does she get returned to life? Flung somewhere random in the planes? Dropped in that Planescape city?
>>
how would one play as a robot?
>>
>>43631502
There's an android race.

the alternative is to convert Warforged from 3.5

I believe there's also a cyborg psionic race that you can find on the SRD.
>>
>>43631502
Android is the easiest way, warforged is only slightly more difficult.
>>
>>43630672
But... does poison count as an ability?

Can you use a Counter outside of combat?
>>
>>43631528
You can use a counter if you know something is coming and can take actions. If you don't know the things is poisoned, no action can be taken.

Poison generated by a monster's ability - such as the tail sting of a wyvern, or a snake's venom - would, by RAW, be an ability. however, something made with Craft (Alchemy) or Craft (poisons) would not.
>>
>>43631528
This anon >>43631550 beat me to it.
>>
>>43631392
Actually she would probably end up in Zon-Kuthon's realm.
>>
>>43631568
>Actually she would probably end up in Zon-Kuthon's realm.

Is this a place she can escape from? What's it like?
>>
>>43631565
Elric, I heard Riven Hourglass is getting nerfs - is that true?

I kind of see why it would - when I was building a Mystic earlier I didn't want to go too much into RH but a lot of the things it offered were just better choices.
But mostly just asking out of curiosity.

Glorious Time Skitter will be missed ;_;
>>
>>43631617
I don't know. We did some rebalancing but that was months ago, you'd have seen the changes.
>>
>>43631635
Is Steel Serpent ever going to be not awful?

Almost everything it offers can be gotten elsewhere at way better costs.
>>
>>43631502
the "cyborg psionic race" is the forgeborn. it's a half-construct race that, unlike normal half-constructs, has their soul stored in a crystal core on their body. when they die, they can be resurrected normally, unlike other half-construct races.
>>
>>43631635
Thanks; I heard some anons mention it a thread or two ago but I guess they were baseless rumors.

>>43631650
Steel Serpent has been confirmed for upcoming buffs in the errata.
>>
>>43631608
It's eternal snuff porn and she will be the victim. So no, probably not.

However she willingly accepted Kazavon, he didn't mindwrap her or anything, the crown just destroyed her cowardice and acted as guide.
She pretty much deserves that fate.
>>
>>43631650
I did what I could for now, but you'll have to wait until after PoW:E. We need to finish this project before we can start on the next one.
>>
>>43631608
Generally speaking, no, you can't ever escape from the afterlife except as an undead. You get transformed into a petitioner. If Ileosa was exceptionally badass/evil as decided by the GM then she might be transformed straight into a kyton. But either way, her personality would be obliterated.
>>
>>43631685
But can't you just put a revision playtest up?
>>
>>43631685
As Gareth has said for a while now, after PoWE is out, they all want to take a while to stop hating that system before working more on it.

Anyways, Elric, if you don't mind, could you poke Ssalarn for me? He mentioned updating Arcforge "Friday at the latest" and i'm worried my joke about it being the friday after this one is coming true.
>>
>>43631685
Did you catch the big post an anon put up regarding Piercing thunder in the last thread you were in?

There was a pretty comprehensive dissection of the discipline.
>>
>>43631718
No. Path of War: Expanded has taken far too long. It needs to end, and everything else has to be put on hold until then otherwise /nothing/ will ever get done.

>>43631723
Ssalarn will get to it when he gets to it. I'll send him a reminder, but I can't force the guy to work on something he isn't getting paid for yet.
>>
>>43631718
It would be nice if they did, but basically this: >>43631723

It can't be helped since DSP is a small company and nobody wants them to go superhuman and burn themselves out, though I do think it's a bit of a pity.
At the moment it's tricky to sell PoW to those who aren't that familiar with it due to some of the unbalances it has: once the damage potential stops scaring some GMs off, I think things will go smoother.
>>
>>43631790
Yes I saw it. I really don't have anything to say in response though.
>>
>>43631793
>but I can't force the guy to work on something he isn't getting paid for yet.
Not trying to force things, just... concerned. He's seemed a bit distant and haggard recently, like he was stressed or overworked or something. Missing deadlines you set for yourself sometimes means something worse, so I'm concerned, even if I'm not really worried quite yet.
>>
>>43631837
I've been in these threads to see people ask after Ssalarn numerous times and the answer has always been something along the lines of 'he's the type to go quiet for a while until he's done'.

I think there's probably nothing to worry about yet; was it really a deadline or just an ETA?
>>
>>43631877
ETA, but the way he phrased it made it sound like he was treating it as a personal deadline, so i don't even know.
>>
>>43631675
>However she willingly accepted Kazavon, he didn't mindwrap her or anything,

It doesn't look willing to me, it even says "... her mind changed for the worse." and that "Queen Ileosa died that fateful day." It's like making a paladin insta-fall through sorcery (not that Ileosa was any moral paragon before she opened the box) - she's screwed to existential ruin forever by forces totally out of her control.

>>43631713
Thanks. Looking at these kyton things makes me think less of Paizo, seems like obvious fetish pandering.
>>
>>43631837
I mean, it's not my place to comment on other people's lives. But generally speaking, DSP is a collection of working shlubs who do this in their (often highly limited) free time. Writing is not our job, its our passion. We've still got to put food on our tables and our policy is always "real life comes first." It has to, otherwise we can't work on this at all.

Like I said, I'll remind him. But I can't and won't do much beyond that.
>>
>>43631898
>Looking at these kyton things makes me think less of Paizo, seems like obvious fetish pandering.

Kytons, in 3.5e, were just one kind of Evil Outsider, not a subtype of them. Paizo expanded their role with Zon-Zon.

They were fetishy then too though.
>>
>>43631392
1) She'd probably go to the NE place, since I think that's what she was originally. That said, the Crown of Fangs is what pushes her to evil. She's pretty limited and bad at being evil before she finds it.

2) She'd become a petitioner. Mind scrubbed, etc.

3) Possible. She'd need a damn good contract lawyer, though.

4) She gets out of Hell and goes to Abaddon instead. Not much of an upgrade.
>>
>>43631930
>She gets out of Hell and goes to Abaddon instead. Not much of an upgrade.

Dunno, Abaddon has that Most Dangerous Game feel that almost makes me want to run a game there. I'd let them start off as Petitioners, but gain class levels rather than turn into Daemons - unless they embrace the evil, and turn on the party.
>>
>>43632117
>everyone in the party embraces the evil
>a whole horde of daemons ready to take on the universe
sounds like a genuinly fun campaign that could take murderhoboing and use it well.
just imagine your players invading the material plane and waging a long and bloody war against a prominent kingdom, growing in rank and daemonic specias until they bring the land to ruin.
then imagining them thinking even bigger.

hell, it doesn't even need to be demons.
you could use divs, devils, demons, the possibilities are endless.

so I say run that campaign, and be sure to tell us how it goes if you do
>>
>>43632213
>being fiends
>not being celestials

But why?
>>
>>43632364
you could be celestials, but they don't get to do very much on their down time.
it would be like being in a call center for clerics, all day everyday doing nothing but listening to prayers
>>
File: 1447463516890.png (474 KB, 719x765) Image search: [Google]
1447463516890.png
474 KB, 719x765
What was the most unexpectedly adorable character you've ever made?

The character the rest of the party just adores and you're sitting there thinking, "What... Really?"
>>
File: Endeca.jpg (72 KB, 505x799) Image search: [Google]
Endeca.jpg
72 KB, 505x799
>>43632496
Pic. Fucking. Related.
>>
>>43632397
>they don't get to do very much on their down time
Proof? And you think fiends do?
>>
File: 1444959866067.jpg (536 KB, 724x851) Image search: [Google]
1444959866067.jpg
536 KB, 724x851
>>43632496
the fairy familiar i made was absolutely mauled by people who thought the concept was cool and wanted to rp with it. it hit the ground with 3 hours of roleplay of summoning, and interacting with it.
>>
File: 1429922092866.png (495 KB, 947x887) Image search: [Google]
1429922092866.png
495 KB, 947x887
>>43632496
>What was the most unexpectedly adorable character you've ever made?

I made the mistake of giving the party a spunky, lovable fairy sidekick.
>>
>>43632531
>celestials
>have to do the outsider equivalent of paperwork unless they'rre Azata, in which case they can do whatever

>fiends
>get to torture souls, fight with other fiends, have great sex, scare children, plot. and in general be a dick
>unless they're a devil, in which case they're doing paperwork
>>
>>43632589
Proof?
>>
>>43632642
intuition.
I can't really think of anything an angel orr archon would be doing when not on a holy mission.
>>
>>43632665
I'm now imagining a spa in Elysium where good outsiders go to relax after a long month of fighting evil.
>>
>>43632665
>I can't really think of anything an angel orr archon would be doing when not on a holy mission.

>The Tian Xia nation of Tianjing was one of the few not conquered by the expansionist Lung Wa empire. A land of idyllic beauty, it is populated by the aasimar descendants of celestials who had fought there millennia before to stem the tide of a qlippoth invasion of Golarion.
>The celestials departed Golarion in -2402 AR, at which point stewardship of Tianjing passed to to their aasimar offspring.
>>
>>43632665
>I'm unimaginative
ok
>>
>>43632665
Aasimar have to come from somewhere, after all.

Speaking of Aasimar how do I get Nualia to calm down, geez girl you crazy.
>>
>>43632772
You don't.
>>
>>43629780

Path of War, anything with Elemental Flux... mystic especially.
>>
>>43632703
It's always an odd day when one of the Inevitables decides to visit the spa.
>>
>>43632772
>Speaking of Aasimar how do I get Nualia to

Die? You generally stab her to death.

She's meant to be killed, she's a monstrous person and needs to be put down like a rabid dog. Paizo probably intentionally made her beautiful as hell to see how many people try their hardest to redeem her.
>>
>>43632703
>the water is holy water
>every once in a while a pissed, exhausted looking angel comes in with a lich and throws him in
>sometimes he drags the poor bastard out to ask him questions, only to throw him back in
>has the gall to storm off without cleaning up the bones
>>
>>43632828
Way I figure it, if she dies she'll just pop back up as a Demon Lord a few hundred years from now and ruin everything forever, and it'll be all my fault.
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639 KB, 4994x2290) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639 KB, 4994x2290
>>43632840

If an Aasimar with Angelic Blood squirts some of their blood into a bucket of water, does it become holy?
>>
>>43632853
What makes you think that? There's no reason she'd become anything other than some pissant soul-grub.
>>
>>43632828
>Paizo is going all scientist on the Waifu Effect
smartest thing they've done in a while
>>
>>43632853
>if she dies she'll just pop back up as a Demon Lord a few hundred years from now and ruin everything forever,

Nualia is small-time, she has no chance to become a Demon Lord.

She's literally a level 4 punk whose claim to fame was getting knocked up and burning down a temple.
>>
>>43632874
>smartest thing they've done in a while

To be fair they've been doing this as recently as Skulls and Shackles, where you fight a Sahuagin Consort with the most voluptuous, scantily clad figure in any Paizo AP.
>>
>>43632868
>>43632890
Level 4 because the players get there in time. The girl's got plans, ambitions, determination - Sandpoint is lucky the PC's show up when they do. Even a week's delay might've seen them all burn considering the veritable goblin army she had.

Incompetent as they are, goblins are really good at burning things.
>>
>>43632772
Undo the horrible, horrible life that drove her into the arms of the Mother of Monsters.

You want to fix Nualia? Fix the massive amount of abuse, ostracization and suffering Aasimar and Tieflings receive in most of the world.
Ending racism is far harder than any adventure you've ever been on, so give up and just stab her, ignore the society that created her, its easier to just say shes crazy, when her response to her life was perfectly rational.
>>
File: 1447208431998.png (6 KB, 358x235) Image search: [Google]
1447208431998.png
6 KB, 358x235
>>43632939

>The girl's got plans, ambitions, determination - Sandpoint is lucky the PC's show up when they do.

Oh yes, poor Sandpoint.

Sandpoint, a nothing backwater village in a country filled with nothing backwater villages.
>>
>>43632911
Pics?
>>
>>43632947
people have shitty lives all the time and they don't go "oh boy I can't wait to butcher some peasants"
>>
File: Inkskin-front.jpg (74 KB, 464x832) Image search: [Google]
Inkskin-front.jpg
74 KB, 464x832
>>43632962

Her teeth are wooden fakes because her real ones "got in the way" when she was a cabin toy for a captain at 15.
>>
>>43632947
I actually managed to give her a "reasons you suck" speech the last time I played RotRL, right before kicking her ass. My character was a tiefling alchemist whose mom ran a bakery in town and she was generally accepted by the populace, but despite this had constant night terrors and a warped viewpoint thanks to her fiendish blood, a fact she was aware of and worked to handle properly.

To my character, Nualia was just a primped up bitch who'd had everything handed to her and was trying to throw it away for the dumbest of reasons.
>>
>>43633022

>15

12, actually.

And when that captain was slaughtered by Sahuagin (freaky fish people) she used Charm Monster on them and promptly became their chief's concubine.
>>
>>43632989
Sure, but not everyone has shitty lives for no reason except that a bunch of peasants decided to ruin it over and over out of spite and jealousy.

Also not everyone lives in a world with evil gods who are willing to take your side and help you out in your time of need when everyone else abandons you. Most people in Golarion who have lives like that DO turn out that way. Its only in the real world they don't and even then thats usually because they don't have guns.
>>
>>43633045
Honestly, what the fuck? You literally wrote a character that had avoided all of the suffering Tiefling characters usually get, then decided to preach about it? Your problems were Internal.
Nualia was beaten and locked in a cell most of her life, only allowed to go outside when her adoptive "father" wanted something and the only person she ever met that didnt verbally or physically abuse her betrayed her the second she got knocked up, then her father killed her baby.

"I had urges" is not a fucking comparable life story. You didn't work hard to get where you are, YOU got everything handed to you. YOU got a loving parent who gave you a job and had a town that tolerated you.
>>
>>43633104
I never said it was, and I don't appreciate the implication. Remember, this was from my character's point of view.

But you sound like you're projecting. Is there something you want to share?
>>
>>43632947
>Aasimar are often expected too much of
>Tieflings are decried as literal demonspawn
>Changelings have the Hags chasing them
>Skinwalkers are feared because werewolves
>Half-orcs are seen as brutes and thugs
>Half-elves get the lightest of this, but the elves disdain them

Why do all of the "mostly human," or "subhuman" if you're feeling /pol/, races get worse racial treatment than things that aren't human at all?
>>
>>43633202
>Changelings have the Hags chasing them

You're forgetting the horrors of being intersex, anon.
>>
>>43633202
Being fair, aside from Aasimar and Half-elves there, all the hybrids you mentioned come from something that in most circumstances wouldn't mind tearing your head off and potentially eating it.
>>
>>43633202
>Why do all of the "mostly human," or "subhuman" if you're feeling /pol/, races get worse racial treatment than things that aren't human at all?

You said it in your question.

Demi-human races get shit on because they're too human. Man looks at a Thri-Keen and sees a freaky bug thing, the Aasimar girl down the street however looks just like those pretty angels the preacher man at Iomedae's temple talks about.
>>
>>43633202
because you can see elves oe halflings or trox as the 'other'
when you see a halfbreed, it's almost like an infection, a disease that is so human yet so not human.
>>
>>43633226
Intersex changelings don't exist, anon. Crystal's bullshit was shot down by a based editor.
>>
>>43633104

>Bad things happened to me bawww

>Now I'm going to murder and torture innocent people

>But it's not my fault because bad things bawwwww

CE apologist detected.
>>
>>43633226
No, those are kobolds.

Based editor got rid of that intersex changeling crap. Just a bit sad that kobolds had to be sacrificed in exchange, but oh well.
>>
File: Sage.jpg (59 KB, 874x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
59 KB, 874x1000
>>43629780
I'm currently constructing an Archetype that turns the Mystic into that basically, right down to energy blasts. It also changes the mystics recovery method(I might just make this a general stacable archetype for mystics though.). The give up weapon and shield proficiency for a "mystic blast" that gets iteratives, and can only work by itself or with supernatural disciplines.

I'm not sure what to do with Glyph since they don't really fit for what I want this character archetype to do, and the fluff for this archetype is essential "Mystic who used arcane/psionic/whatever theory to lock his shitdown early on and became much more "magey" than your average Mystic". I just can't think of anything appropriate.
>>
>>43633271
And even then, it actually kind of works with Kobolds.
>>
>>43633264
I would, personally, say that there's more trans men though. That at least seems reasonable, and is an implication I can get behind for a race entirely made up of women but are born of humans.

Intersex, though, is just stupid, and Crystal's attempts were basically the gender equivalent of cultural appropriation.
>>
>>43633202

Same reason people can be perfectly fine around black children but suddenly get uncomfortable around mulatto kids.

Half-breeds are a reminder of the "other" coming into your race and implanting unavoidable evidence of their presence. A Half-Orc is a constant reminder that the peasant girl down the street got knocked up by an Orc and actually carried the monster to term, or Farmer Todd fucked a hag and now he's got a creepy raven-haired baby girl to show for it.
>>
>>43633202
>Why do all of the "mostly human," or "subhuman" if you're feeling /pol/, races get worse racial treatment than things that aren't human at all?

There's something in human psychology called the body horror response. Basically, evolution has over time hardwired us to identify and avoid disease and injury. Most things that cause disfigurement, are disease, or injury. But here's the problem - what a person considers "disfigurement" is entirely based on their idea of "normal". If a person grows up surrounded by a wide variety of people that look different from them, and they all treat that person mostly the same way, their sense of "normal" and sense of "self" are very wide and accepting. However, Tieflings and Aasimar are, in most Golarion settlements, extremely in the minority; to humans who have only mostly interacted with, and had their perspectives framed by, other humans, half-blood races and extraplanar races don't look alien, they look disfigured, and that triggers their body horror response, an instinctive desire to avoid and distrust that which appears diseased.

Extremely Monstrous races, on the other hand, aren't something people identify with; it doesn't at all align with the sense of "self", because they're so much different from themselves, in the same way as human wouldn't react as strongly to seeing a deer as he would someone covered in boils and lesions. There's no body horror response; there might certainly be fear, but it's not fear of the same sort, and not for the same reasons; Gillmen don't exactly challenge a Human's idea of what "normal" is, they're very obviously different, but a Tiefling with red skin and horns is just similar enough to do so.
>>
>>43633309
>Farmer Todd can fuck ANYTHING
>and he will, and has
>hags,devils, angels, animals, proteans
I can't stop imagining Todd as some average, gruff middle aged peasant man who is somhow an interplanar sex god.
>>
>>43633202
Holy shit, people DO know that Tielfings/Aasimar/etc aren't automatically of human descent, it's just lazy ass writing/creative bankruptcy that has all the art of them being part of human.
>>
>>43633190
I hate hypocrisy?
Anyway, i got the impression you shared your character's view. If you don't thats fine, but like "don't kill people" like >>43633270 says is a much better argument than "I worked in a bakery, you don't know real pain!".
>>
>>43633054

A character can be sympathetic because you understand their reasons for being who they are, but that doesn't mean they are absolved of guilt. Regardless of her 'reasoning', Nualia has willingly performed acts so evil they do not make her a victim of circumstance.

Your logic is also a bit twisted: IRL we also don't have an objective concept of 'good', while Golarion does. Nualia can't pretend what she is doing is righteous without slipping into crazy daisy land. The rational decision in Golarion is actually to do good no matter your circumstances, because a shit life here in return for hanging out in the upper planes is rather much nicer than the reverse.
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (61 KB, 666x632) Image search: [Google]
1432775579654.jpg
61 KB, 666x632
>>43633344
>>43633309

Holy fuck this is literally my Slayer in the Monster Hunter campaign.

He's got a Changeling daughter and has been, by far, the most virile man in the group, having fucked everything from barmaids to a particularly elegant half-elf noblewoman.
>>
File: pic1712898.jpg (45 KB, 549x932) Image search: [Google]
pic1712898.jpg
45 KB, 549x932
>>43633333
Gillmen look more human than how most tieflings are drawn most of the time. I'd probably freak out more at seeing one than a Tiefling.

Aasimer 9/10 times are drawn as shiny goddamn humans.
>>
>>43633309
>or Farmer Todd fucked a hag and now he's got a creepy raven-haired baby girl to show for it.
Except the hag could just have taken the shape of a beautiful woman that he happened to pick up in the tavern one night, and nine months later suddenly he has a daughter.
>>
>>43633385
>that
>more human then a sexy red girl with horns
they really aren't all that creative with their teiflings
>>
File: 1442368412920.jpg (73 KB, 709x977) Image search: [Google]
1442368412920.jpg
73 KB, 709x977
>>43633385
>>43633413

>Not posting superior gillwoman.
>>
File: PF the Motherless.jpg (17 KB, 299x423) Image search: [Google]
PF the Motherless.jpg
17 KB, 299x423
>>43633413
>>
>>43633419

>Those hips
>Those thighs
>Those gorgeous violet eyes
>>
>>43633427
He just needs a hug
>>
>you will never stick it in her spicy tuna roll
>>
>>43633371
>>43633363

Actually, I think we're arguing past each other anyway. Looking at your posts I don't think you're actually trying to justify Nualia as guiltless, although it comes across that way at first glance - more that she is tragic while still being thoroughly evil.

RotRL has a few characters like that, come to think of it. Skinsaw man is similar in that he is a tragic but also fundamentally evil character. You feel sorry for him but not to the extent you aren't justified in killing him.
>>
>>43633385
Oh. Shit, I got them confused with something else. Substitute the Grippli in my post and it makes more sense.
>>
>>43633397

True, but that is still a sign that Farmer Todd was "weak" or "easily manipulated."
>>
How does a level 4 melee focused inquisitor deal with fireproof swarms?

Currently my only option is to cast sanctuary on the party members who can do something
>>
>>43633497
Cast sanctuary on the party members who can do something.

Throw non-fire splash weapons.
>>
>>43633476
>You feel sorry for him but not to the extent you aren't justified in killing him.

Most minor Pathfinder villains are like this.

Hell, there's a Winter Witch you fight in Book 2 for Reign of Winter that's thoroughly evil and slated to be a potential recurring villain. Why does she pick on the PCs specifically? Because you killed her lover in Book 1 and she's mad as hell.
>>
>>43633371
I don't remotely say you have to absolve Nualia or even spare her, she's a danger to everyone around her. My point was that adventurers never work to change society and fix the issues that cause people to devote themselves to dark gods, they just go "well it was one crazy guy" when it happens nearly three times a year in every place on the planet.

Everybody goes and stabs Nualia, nobody stabs the priest who beat her and killed her child for being ugly, because nobody cared until his daughter went on a rampage from his abuse.
>>43633476
My argument is not "spare nualia" its that when you are done, you should make it a goal to prevent it happening at the source, by making real changes.
>>
>>43633497

Acid flasks?

Swarmbane clasp, if it is a recurring issue?
>>
>>43633510
Making real changes would imply that society is in some way changed by roving bands of potentially altruistic adventurers.

IE, the world being coherent and changing due to the actions of those within it.

And what are the odds of that?
>>
>>43633510
>making real changes

Requires settling down for long periods of time in a single area so that the changes in that area stick. Which is kind of the opposite of being an Adventurer.
>>
>>43633510
>nobody stabs the priest who beat her and killed her child for being ugly, because nobody cared until his daughter went on a rampage from his abuse.
Her father is already dead, though, isn't he? Tobyn's grave being robbed was a plot point in what I remember of RotRL.
>>
>>43633497
>fireproof swarms
>level 4
Ask why your GM hates your party. Swarms are extremely lethal at low levels, and fire immunity just makes it worse.

Then get non-fire energy splash weapons and probably tanglefoot bags too if they'll work.
>>
>>43633510
>I don't remotely say you have to absolve Nualia or even spare her, she's a danger to everyone around her. My point was that adventurers never work to change society and fix the issues that cause people to devote themselves to dark gods, they just go "well it was one crazy guy" when it happens nearly three times a year in every place on the planet.

I don't mean to go full /r9k/, but that's pretty consistent in real life. If a young person goes berserk and hurts a bunch of people they're just some insane outlier, at best we might evaluate some superficial bullshit(who the fuck taught the misantrhope pyromancy/how did he get guns" etc.
>>
>>43633538
Don't tanglefoot bags target a single creature and thus not work on swarms?
>>
>>43633510

Ideally yes, but that's probably beyond the ability of an adventuring party, and 'social change simulator' is definitely beyond the scope of the mechanical system.

More pragmatically, the party soon has much bigger issues to worry about than the admittedly serious problem of domestic violence, like the end of the world, for which they are much better suited.
>>
>>43633532
Change is rarely effected in short periods of time. Most lasting change takes long periods of time and the efforts of very large numbers of people. Adventurers, who are glorified wandering vagrants, are probably the least effective at doing it by any means other than brute force.

--
What happens to an AP's railroad tracks if you join up with the intended antagonist of the path? I know Kingmaker has nothing on what to do if the party instead becomes bandits and joins the Stag Lord.
>>
>>43633555
Swarms are technically one creature for most mechanical purposes, I think?
>>
>>43633562
You run Kichekou Rance in pathfinder
>>
>>43633535
Yes. My point was that you are too late to stab him, the real villain. Society ignored his actions, so there were no adventurers there. If people had payed attention to what was happening in their town or cared about Nualia at all it could have been stopped.
>>
>>43633550
Also, at that point in the story, Nualia's dad - the one who abused her - has been dead for five years. Nothing to be done about it for the most part.
>>
>>43633562

>What happens to an AP's railroad tracks if you join up with the intended antagonist of the path?

That is typically considered beyond the scope of the adventure. APs are designed around the idea that you are a stereotypical good-aligned group of murderhobos, and if you deviate too far from that the core material begins to falter.

Note that this is by design: the types of groups likely to subvert the AP to that extent are likely more experienced players led by a DM who doesn't need everything spelled out for him in the first place, or, depending on the AP, unsalvagable That Guys who can't realistically be catered to.
>>
>>43633608
Fair point.
>>
>>43633615
Nothing to do about it NOW. People could have acted a long time ago and saved themselves hardship.
>>43633556
"Its haaaaard". No, an adventurer has divination.
>>
>>43633632
Okay, so, you're right. You're missing the point, but you're technically correct.

Is that what you want to hear? Because you're being kind of a dick about it.
>>
>tieflings can look like anything from a generic hellboy to Mr. Handsome right here >>43633427

>Aasimar can look like anything from generic gold shiny people to ____
>>
>>43633615

To be fair, Tobyn didn't explicitly beat Nualia and her miscarriage was the result of those ruins near Sandpoint flaring up.
>>
>>43633625
That's... actually a pretty good response. Hadn't thought of it like that, but it does make sense.
>>
>>43633632
>an adventurer has divination.
And limited time and spell slots. And, usually, lives/towns/worlds to save. Boohoo.
>>
File: Agathion Aasimar.jpg (30 KB, 275x480) Image search: [Google]
Agathion Aasimar.jpg
30 KB, 275x480
>>43633664
>Aasimar can look like anything from generic gold shiny people to ____

Pic related is an Agathion Aasimar.

And then there are the Garuda Aasimar, which have avian features that include plumage and downy feather pubes.
>>
>>43633538
party is actually 6, I have a 2 level dip in cavalier because of an intimidate build. Not that it helps our only full caster is a necromancy focused cleric. Ranger, fighter, skald, rogue are going to be even more useless

>>43633506
>>43633521
acid flask is going to be minimal when swarms are soaking up ~50hp. We have to find their queen so we are headed balls deep in the hive
>>
File: ash_vs_evil_dead_95777[1].jpg (55 KB, 600x325) Image search: [Google]
ash_vs_evil_dead_95777[1].jpg
55 KB, 600x325
stat him.
>>
File: PF Aasimar 2.jpg (54 KB, 502x1092) Image search: [Google]
PF Aasimar 2.jpg
54 KB, 502x1092
>>43633734
Actually the pic you posted is just an Agathion, not an Aasimar. Agathion Aasimar are a bit more subtle.
>>
File: azataghaele.jpg (109 KB, 175x460) Image search: [Google]
azataghaele.jpg
109 KB, 175x460
>>43633734

>generic gold shiny people

Anon, sometimes Good Outsiders can look like pic related, an Azata Ghaele.
>>
Touhou Fag. I am actually in a game in which the party members know how to optimize and aren't shitty basket-weavers that play boring ass classes because their class name is "sexy". How does that make you feel? Does that make you a sadboy? A madboy?
>>
File: 1445377178819.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445377178819.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>43633757
>Actually the pic you posted is just an Agathion

So what you're telling me is that men and women fuck that?

And since they're Good, it's the nice type of fucking?
>>
>>43633793
Given they tend to have constitution scores in the 20s?

They'll be all over you and will be trying their damndest to make sure you're enjoying it more, which will make them feel good in a weird sort of positive feedback loop of sex.
>>
>>43633781
Good for you anon. I'm in a party of optimized players who build meat shields for the new guys. really adds to the immersion when the power gamers are playing casters who know and do everything and the newbies are playing melee powerhouses who feel useful
>>
File: PF Cervapral.jpg (91 KB, 555x1097) Image search: [Google]
PF Cervapral.jpg
91 KB, 555x1097
>>43633793
There are plenty of weird things to bang in Nirvana.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (33 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
1378331328584.png
33 KB, 298x300
>>43633846
>>43633734

>They're all bare-chested animal-men

S-Surely there's some Agathion of the female persuasion?
>>
>>43633655
Not really? I don't mind being a dick about it and i don't care that much if I'm right.
>>43633722
I don't consider this seperate from world-saving. Nualia was level 4, but high level people have tragic bullshit too.

Besides, adventurers in places like Cheliax or Irrisen often ARE fighting for social change. Adventurers are powerful people and examples to the population, they can inspire great change in only two to three decades of hard work.

Obviously in most campaigns none of this is practical, but its a moral/logical issue, not really a gameplay one. Of course PLAYERS are lazy assholes who dont want to change anything, we need our fix. Most of the time im an evil cunt anyway.
>>
>>43633781

Why should I feel anything about the going-ons of another person's gaming habits? I'm happy with the groups I've got, you're happy with yours, we both do things differently and I respect that.

The only thing I don't respect is you bragging. Saying you've got a group is one thing, but trying to cause an emotional reaction is just silly.
>>
File: 1364959996292.jpg (88 KB, 734x1000) Image search: [Google]
1364959996292.jpg
88 KB, 734x1000
>>43633856
>>
>>43633677
Was it a miscarriage? As i recall it it was alive but mutated, then he took it into another room and killed it.
>>
>>43633901
>orca lady with a staff looking at the viewer condescendingly

I'm not sure how to feel anymore.
>>
>>43633903
Talk about a late-term abortion.
>>
>>43633892
I just want to inflict the pain that I endured until then Anon-kun.
>>
What type of Fey creature would be the most fitting in the role of being the "ruler" of an large forest of entirely Fey creatures?
>>
Question, can a Soulknife use Emulate Melee/Ranged weapon into an exotic weapon and be treated as proficient with it?
>>
>>43634001
Hamadryad or Erlking. Or both.
>>
>>43634024

Wouldn't a nymph fit better for a queenly type?

Erlking is perfect though, can't believe I never knew about these things until now.
>>
>>43633901

... More?
>>
>>43634005

>Emulate Melee Weapon

>The soulknife can form her mind blade to replicate any single melee weapon, chosen at the time she takes this blade skill. The soulknife is proficient with her mind blade in this form and it functions in all ways as the chosen weapon. This blade skill may be taken multiple times; each time, it allows the soulknife to form her mind blade to replicate a different melee weapon. This blade skill may not be used with the mind bolt.

Yes. There is no restriction.

Note that ranged weapon can't be a firearm.
>>
>>43634005
Yes. You are always proficient with your mind blade.
>>
File: PF Jezeletrix.jpg (99 KB, 816x838) Image search: [Google]
PF Jezeletrix.jpg
99 KB, 816x838
>>43634072
>>
>>43634059
Hamadryad is literally the ruler of a group of dryads. I think a Leanan Sidhe would also be a good choice.
>>
>>43634080

The alternative is hilarious though.

>What the fuck kind of weapon did my mind just conjure? I don't know what this is!
>>
>>43634087
Hot

>>43634100
>Bo staff
>DAFUQ IS THIS.
>>
>>43634079
Imagine a soulknife using emulate melee weapon to make a custom weapon from that new Paizo release - Fighter's Handbook.
>>
>>43634087

That's... Exactly what I expected, and I'm not sure if I'm even saying that in a good way anymore.

Agathions are why-boners and remind me why every furry I've played with made Agathion blooded Aasimar.
>>
>>43634099

And nymphs often become the consorts of Eldest, such as Nyrissa in Kingmaker.

I guess it's a matter of taste.

We can agree that Huldra are the humanboos of the Fae, though.
>>
>>43634137
>DM: What did you say your mindblade configuration is again?
>Player: sunder, disarm, reach, trip and grab. It also has the growing enhancement so I'm treated as large. And with Primal Fury, I'm treated as huge.
>DM: Damn it anon, you know we're only level 4, right?
>>
>>43634178
Primal Warrior Stance requires you to be level 5 at the very least. You could get Elemental Nimbus (Earth) though.
>>
>>43634178

I'm imagining that Mary Sue weapon that's posted from time to time.

Honestly how can a mindblade make something like that without the party laughing their asses off at how absurd it looks.
>>
>>43634079
If you want firearms or energy pistols, you'll have to use the Warsoul exclusive version of emulate.

However, Discipline Shapes is infinitely better; allowing you to emulate any weapon from a discipline's weapon groups, switching around as move (or with a stance-shifting swift) between the different ones as need be.
>>
>>43634219
results
>>
File: qe6SXuB[1].jpg (201 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
qe6SXuB[1].jpg
201 KB, 1366x768
What is a fun class to play in what basically equates to scooby-doo? I'm playing with guys who are alchemists, investigators, hunters, clerics, and something. I was originally going to be a Titan Mauler but the DM suggested I pick something with more intelligence.

Should I play a magus, spiritualist, or something?
>>
>>43634253
Medium or Spiritualist lets you commune with the ghosts you and scoobs encounter.
>>
>>43634253
>>43629780
>If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

If you want to be the big guy, warder (Path of War). If you want to be the spook, harbinger (Path of War: Expanded).
>>
>>43634253
>Johnathan

Can you even run best JoJo with Paizo material only?
>>
>>43634327
Some people will recommend Medium or Spiritualist.

Fuck that. Go Synth Summoner.
>>
File: 1394461060428.jpg (47 KB, 387x750) Image search: [Google]
1394461060428.jpg
47 KB, 387x750
>>43634219
Nigga, you try explaining to the party that the enemy soldier is equipped with a polearm called a "Bohemian ear spoon."

Polearms are always hilarious until someone's throat gets burst by a training spear. (I speak from reenactment experience.

Pic technically related.
>>
>>43634253

Why not eldritch guardian with a dog mauler familiar?

Lore warden and eldritch guardian only don't stack because of a single replacement (bravery 1). Why not ask your DM if you can forgo that ability to combine them? That would give you a scoobydog and knowledge skills to do things.
>>
I got a +3 Ioun Crystal for my Mindblade.

Whats a good +1, +2 enhancement to apply to all my mind blades?
I don't need speed's +3 because I already have boots of haste.
>>
>>43634356
But Johnathan used Hamon, not a Stand.
>>
>>43634253
>>43634284
or aegis! aegis is on the SRD, and its best customizations for investigations are on there, too! pick up some skill shards and power stones (psionic scrolls) for use with common skills, like Diplomacy (gather information), Sense Motive, and Perception. you can use astral suit customizations to keep using those items repeatedly (using your power point pool). you're also a competent melee who's slightly Intelligence-based this way.
>>
>>43634381
I'm a Psychic Armory by the way.
>>
>>43634381
aren't boots of haste limited-use?
>>
>>43634253
If it's scooby-doo then play an Aasimar psychedelia discipline Psychic with the following feats: Nature Soul, Animal Ally, Boon Companion, and Celestial Servant. Take a dog as your animal companion, name it Scoobs, and get it a magic item or something that gives it a permanent tongues spell.
>>
>>43634381
>>43634398
Growing (+1), which will require Personalized Trick. But I guess Lucky and Keen are okay too.

Linked Striking (+2) is the BEST enhancement if you're a PsyArm.
>>
>>43634426
Lucky only works once per day, regardless how many mind blades in your panoply. Not fucking worth it.
>>
>>43634327
>>43634327
>best JoJo
>not Jolyne

Well, I suppose I can allow it, Jonathan's pretty good.
>>
>>43634284
If you want to be the big guy you play Alchemist or Mutation Warrior. Get your shit together.
>>
>>43634397
Aegis is actually quite competent at range. Not through its own abilities as much (though it does have a meh crystal shot), but by supporting a weapon though augment, extra arms, etc.

>>43634381
Other than the ones already given, a few other fun ones:
Phase-Locking
Collision
>>
>>43634629
Link phaselocking pls.
>>
>>43634629
>Collision
Growing is better. Its only a +1 cost as opposed to Collision's +2 and Growing has a duration of 10 minutes. It will totally last 2-3 encounters without a problem.
>>
>>43632519
Wait, she's adorable? How's that?
>>
>>43634629
Phase Locking is pretty situational, bud.

If you want to mess with casters with a +5 mindblade, go Psychodisruptive +3, Supression +2.
>>
So let's say I wanna play a Skinwalker Barbarian. Which Lineage is best - Witchwolf, Coldborn, or Scaleheart?
>>
>>43633280
> It also changes the mystics recovery method(I might just make this a general stacable archetype for mystics though.)

Literally why

The mystic's random maneuver recovery isn't as restrictive as it seems, and is actually fun to play

The only issue is that it makes counters much less viable

You don't need to change it
>>
>>43633383
Is your character the DILF one?
>>
>>43634327
I'd say Unchained Monk + Paladin into Champion of Irori
>>
>>43634673
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapon-special-abilities/phase-locking
>>
>>43634706
Growing is melee only, and most likely won't stack with other 'effective size' ups.

It's also once a day only, so unless your 2-3 encounters are literally within minutes of oneanother, it's only gonna work for one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.