[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D&D - /5eg/ 5th Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: 1416138160917.jpg (226 KB, 1100x652) Image search: [Google]
1416138160917.jpg
226 KB, 1100x652
Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition General Discussion

Old thread >>43614625

>All official WotC content here (now including the SCAG)
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Tools for 5e, other stuff, miscellaneous homebrews
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Map:
https://mega.nz/#!CowGWLKT!yiwaLeoLWcsV4d8uY5DmqsmPxTw3ZIdpz8xAzaYkQ5II

> November's Unearthed Arcana:
https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/02_UA_Underdark_Characters.pdf

What planes do you, or your DMs, make use of in your/their campaigns?
>>
So is it worth playing a more magic-focused Moon Druid or is it better to just jam a Concentration spell and focus on melee? The latter is probably the only ZAD class in the game and can go all feats.
>>
I don't like other planes being places you can physically go. Seems less like a seperate plane of existence and more like a weird planet
>>
>>43628289
It's generally better to go Moon Druid even if you want to be spell focused.
You can cast just as well as the Land and you have the concentration spell --> wildshape plan to fall back on if the fight goes south.
>>
>>43628190
>What planes do you, or your DMs, make use of in your/their campaigns?

I use the Prime Material.
>>
File: 1444762774836.png (713 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
1444762774836.png
713 KB, 1200x960
MAGIC SUPREMACY

SPELLS ARE BROKEN

CLASS WAR NOW
>>
>>43628387
Ambuscade will fix it.
>>
>>43628190
So there's this fuckin jerk-off with literal down-syndrome in my group. He constantly needs the DM to tell him what to roll and when, fuck the DM even handles his character sheet for him. Anytime we go anywhere he wants to roll a million persuasion and insight checks for lies and interrogates NPCs for half an hour about benign bullshit that isn't important. Anytime we go in a dungeon he takes it upon himself to scout ahead and gets his ass kicked every time and bitches when all the loot doesn't go to him. Unfortunately, he is a good friend of the DM so he's here to stay in the group. What are some ways I can piss him off and possibly even cause him to leave?
>>
File: 1408129611088.jpg (20 KB, 440x485) Image search: [Google]
1408129611088.jpg
20 KB, 440x485
>>43628419
>>
>>43628190
I'm personally not really a huge fan of exploring planes. I like using them as a mysterious source of evil and creatures, but having a campaign where traversing multiple planes or staying in a single plane for an extended length of time would never be something I'd do.
>>
>>43628387
>Class War

Eviscerate the Proletariat!
>>
>>43628443
Maybe instead you act like an adult and talk about it.
>>
>>43628443
You sound salty, friend. I recommend talking with your DM about your problems with the downer. If you can't agree on something, then just find another group.
>>
>>43628443
Does he actually have Downs Syndrome?
>>
>>43628477
>thinking you can speak like an adult with manchildren
This response will never work on that guy.
>>43628443
You can't do anything that's obviously antagonistic or the gm will boot you instead of him. Wait for an opportunity to kill him that doesn't look like your fault ooc.
He's been knocked out and is failing death saves? Continue attacking the enemies, make no attempt to help. He scouted ahead and got beat down? Take your sweet ass time saving him. You need to let his own behavior be what destroys him.
>>
>>43628574
[That guy detected.]
>>
>>43628190

The Underdark is a plane of existence in and of itself and I usually combine it with the shadow realm so technically all realms have a shared underdark/shadowrealm that connects all of the realms of existence that has it's own underdark.

This is the lore I'm using for a homebrew setting that involves traveling between different worlds in a solar system as the 3 main worlds all have their own Underdark.

Also, the astral plane/incorporeal realm is combined and overlaps all planes of existence as well being the place where wondering souls and other such creatures tend to existence. In places such as graveyards, sites of battles or places commit suicide as well as natural formations like caves and certain buildings, they act as gates into and out of this ghost realm and new ones can be made, or closed, all the time.
>>
>>43628574
Look kid, Im a seasoned player, some might even say that Im one of the best, if not the best, gamer this board has to offer. Dont believe me? I have over 300 hundred board games at my house, over a 100 at my arms reach right now. Card games? I got a deck for every possible combination of cards of M:tg, I even go to tournments and shit. No biggie. D&D? I'm proud to say that as a player I'm always the party leader, maxed as I can be and I'm not afraid of taking that extra edge that puts me ahead of enemies and allies alike. Hell, I got to get paid for having sex with hot girls and killing dragons with my expert builds. I like to shit on the GM one-directional adventures, by solving it with brains and brawl instead of one or the other, wether the party likes it or not. When Im the GM, Im proud to say that NO PARTY ever finished one of my adventures. Think you're gonna face some lazy sleepy goblins? Think again, they are fully trained comandos, that will attack and take full cover before you can do shit. Dont hate the player, hate the game. WH40K? Dont even get me started, kiddo, shit would blow your weaklings mind on how real it gets.
Either way, enough introductions... Im pretty sure you know who I am. I dont even need a tripname for this.
And I'm impressed, anon, you are trully a gamer whos not afrais of getting that extra edge that puts you ahead of friend and foe alike. I wish you were in my group, I have to deal with loser who dont even know the basics of min/maxing and powerplay. Hell, sometimes they will just fuck around, talking with some lame ass npcs. Nobody cares!
But you anon, you are a shining light here on /tg/.... I hereby name you Tainted Shadow, bringer of despair. Fuck you GM and be awesome in your D&Dnext campaign.
You remind me of a younger self. Im very proud, anon.
>>
>>43628845
>Gorilla Warfare
>>
>>43628845
Is this some sort of copypasta?
>>
>>43628908
Kinda. Some of it is, some of it is freestyle, we've seen this post before, to some extent.

Or maybe the legends are true and the dragonborn has indeed returned to purge the plebs from /tg/.

But really, the guy will reply sometimes with some edgy, crazy stunts he pulled during his sessions, sounds like hes quite the dick, maybe even Virt.
Then again, he might be doing this ironicly to show anons what they sound like.
Idk.
>>
>>43628190
>What planes do you, or your DMs, make use of in your/their campaigns?

We've used the Feywild as a "shortcut" between places three times before, taking advantage of it's distance not precisely correlating with the Material Plane's.
The shortcut is almost always as complicated as taking the route we skipped, but sometimes less dangerous and gets us there faster.

Speaking of the Feywild; I didn't notice yet, but are Eladrin mentioned at all in the SCAG as being still around or farting about in the Feywild, or is everything that happened with them as ignored as as everything else in the Edition Of Which We Do Not Speak in Faerun?
>>
>>43629052
The feywild is mentioned a few times, as is the return of Evermeet from there to its previous location in the Sword Coast after the end of the spell-plague, so the 4e stuff is being recognized as valid, but they're trying really hard to say "yeah, that stuff happened, but let's focus on the here and now, m'kay?"
>>
>>43628970
>Or maybe the legends are true and the dragonborn has indeed returned to purge the plebs from /tg/.
oh shit, my sides!
>>
Where is the October survey? It's the second Friday of the month, it should be up.
>>
Wizards' Extra Life fundraising hit the $100k mark, so you can get the full-res SCAG map legit now.

http://media.wizards.com/2015/images/dnd/resources/Sword-Coast-Map_HighRes.jpg

Now we need the other maps in there to drop, since the artists are selling them.
>>
Question about divine smite.

Does it deal the additonal 1d8 vs fiend/undead automatically when you have improved divine smite?
>>
>>43629302
Nope.
>>
To the guy who said 4E did polymorph and wild shape better, I would like to respectfully disagree.

Getting bonuses to stats and what not is fun, but when you are straight up turning into something else, it is cooler if you actually get to turn into something else.

I know it might seem bad, but having a scrawny guy turn into a bear version of that guy is way less cool.
>>
>>43628190
I considered having planes in my setting, but I decided against a heavy techonmagic setting. Instead I made it so that some orcish tribes have Skyholds, which are floating fortresses powered by the magic of orcish mages (think warcraft necropolises). I think everyday flying transport could be accessible by small dragons or something, not sure yet.
>>
>>43629302
It's 1d8 always what else did you expect?
>>
>>43629553
What do planes have to do with technomagic? Are you confused?
>>
>>43629772
I mean, I'd rather have things powered by magic rather than my gnomish engineers. I'm talking planes the transport not planes of existence.
>>
Anyone running a game here using DM screen? Do you like it? Can you share it?
>>
>>43629110
So we can safely say that the eladrin are sort of gone and now the elven subraces are back then, got it.
Thanks anon; I've got GMing duty tonight and I like to flesh out the history and lore of an adventure (we have a Bard with us) and my SCAG book was left with my players.
>>
>>43629879
I am.
It's actually useful as DM screens though since there are so fewer rules to keep track of, but other then that it's any other GM screen.
I cannot share it as I have only a physical copy, apologies.
>>
How's Savage attack as far as feats go?

A good way to squeeze some extra damage out of your weapons?
>>
>>43630036
For two-handed weapons you're better off with polearmor master or great weapon master.

For, say, a longsword, you get +1.3 damage on average per hit. You'd be better off taking shield master or something.
>>
What's the best way to run combat with lots of weaker enemies? The kind the PCs could easily defeat, expending a few resources, but not so weak that we're talking cleave rules or nobody ever using spell slots?
>>
>>43629879
The official DM screen is pretty good.

Maybe too much art that could be tables, but overall it's useful. Except for the name generator (which sucks) and the "Something happens!" table (which sucks).

Don't get the storyline DM screens (for Tyranny of Dragons or Princes of the Apocalypse, not sure if there's a Rage of Demons one). They're awful.
>>
Anyone looking for a player on roll20?
>>
found this somewhere else. Its basically some of the monsters from the monster guide but in a format such that almost all the information of the monster is listed in one page as opposed to split up between two pages.
>>
>>43630036
It's shit, you can only use it once per turn no matter how many attacks do you have, there are better feats. Statistically speaking is less than +2 to stat
>>
>>43630101
Actually, yes.
>>
>>43630111
And yet some of these are still a whole page.

Someone needs to whittle them down to index card size, even if it's two sides. That's how I record monster stats, and I'm surprised there isn't an official accessory by Gale Force Nine for this.
>>
How long until WotC starts churning out 2+ supplements per month?
>>
>>43630161
Never?
>>
>>43630161
Never, but I'm sure Paizo will realize their flagship game is dying and they'll start producing content "compatible with the Fifth Edition of the original fantasy role-playing game" (they'll never call it the "most popular" or anything like that).
>>
>>43630149
What days / times? PM me on roll20, Garrett H with pic related for avatar.
>>
>>43630149
what time/etc? got a LFG link?
>>
>>43630161
Dead product line. The dev team is hoping they can survive long enough that they'll get money for a new edition but really they want to have a job so they are rationing out the money hasbro has given them.
>>
>>43630205
>Pathfinder
>dying

Don't get my hopes up
>>
>>43630077
If your party is high level, consider sending a horde of Intellect Devourers after them.
>>
>>43630214
2pm GMT+0. I don't have an LFG link because I filled all my slots, but I'm starting to suspect one of my players isn't going to respond, and he was the only healer.
>>
>>43630216
5e is printing them money though
>>
File: image.jpg (408 KB, 1352x1269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408 KB, 1352x1269
>>43630161
Probably never. 5E is doing well with it's slow approach. Starting next year or so they might bump it up with a few more books but they seem to be following the mantra of "less is best".

Hope we get more Mystara shout-outs though...
>>
>>43630252
Thats hardcore, I hate those motherfuckers!
>>
>>43630271
I don't' see it being sold any fucking where. Pathfinder all the way down. Where's your proof?
>>
>>43630554
Then you're blind. The two book stores and the game shop in my town can barely keep them on the shelf. Hell, The Expeditions or whatever they are called just overtook Pathfinder a month ago at the shop in number of players.
>>
Going to make a character based on Achilles, so Barbarian, Fighter or both?
>>
>>43630653
Fighter, low wisdom, some sort of "chosen by god" perk to make him tougher to kill.
>>
>>43630675
So the Lucky feat then?
>>
>>43630653
Both, he was known for having a hot temperament and be prompted to rage, but he also was a expert warrior
>>
>>43630653
A fighter with poor anger management.
>>
File: carlos.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>43630793
I suppose his anger issues would me his Achilles heel
>>
>>43630833
>*be
>>
>>43630833
Fuck you, Carlos. Srly, why didn't exterminatus Spain when we had the chance?
>>
File: 1442223013379.jpg (28 KB, 464x600) Image search: [Google]
1442223013379.jpg
28 KB, 464x600
I have a question about the Arcana domain. When I take the arcana domain it gives my character two cantrips from the wizard spell list. The basic cleric ability gives my character three cantrips from the cleric list.

Does my character start off with five cantrips or does he need to mix in those two wizard cantrips with the 3 the class gives?
>>
>>43630940
You would start with 5 cantrips, 2 from the wizard list.
>>
Maaaan, Undying Light Warlock/Paladin is SO. GUD. So much delicious fluff. What's the best way to build this for battlefield control?
>>
>>43631029
PM and Sentinel, also ask the GM to use marking rules from DMG.
>>
>>43631057
Ah, and don't forget to spam booming blade to fix their possition
>>
Have you used flying ships of Eberron in your campaigns? People worry too much about rules... just fucking go with it.
>>
>>43630978
Awesome. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
How would you make a Strength based fist fighter/grappler.

I was thinking either a human or a half orc for race. Tavern Brawler feat. If you were a DM would you let me use my fists for maneuvers?
>>
>>43631471
I would wield a hammer and fluff it as my fists so that I was still having a good time without suffering from having to take a feat to deal 1d4 damage.
>>
>>43631471
If you can use maneuvers, you're allowed to use them with an unarmed strike. While unarmed strikes are not weapons, when you take the attack action you can use an unarmed strike in place of a weapon, and it is still a melee weapon attack.
>>
How do I make the wilderness suitably oppressive and hostile without resorting to encounters every five feet?

Assuming that my players have clothing to brave the weather, what else can I do?
>>
>>43631578
What's the goal? Keep the players out of certain areas, slow their progress, or just give an extra dangerous feel?
>>
>>43631520
I'm not looking to min/max but I want to be useful. I know I won't be dealing crazy damage, but couldn't I Punch someone, grapple them, drag them to an ally then shove them prone? Couldn't I also grapple to enemies and shove them both prone, are you still considered grappled after a shove meaning they won't be able to stand back up without breaking the grapple?
>>
>>43631605
I'm running a miniature adventure where they have to contend with the environment as much as the enemies they're fighting. I just want to capture the feel. Restriction of movement or slowing them from an objective isn't an issue.
>>
>>43631471
>If you were a DM would you let me use my fists for maneuvers?
Nah, I don't like to allow what the PHB tells me is legal
>>
>>43631578
scarce food, poisonous food, natural traps, the threat of encounters (hearing an owlbear roar in the distance forcing them to increase their pace which might tire them out faster), really good descriptions of the oppressive environment and how it's affecting the players even if there's no mechanics attached
>>
>>43631634
So you would only allow me to use Commander's Strike, Evasive Footwork, Feinting Attack, Parry and Rally. I guess that's not too bad.
>>
>>43631681
Please see
>>43631533
>>
>>43631626
Descriptions. Describe how much it fucking sucks to march in the sun all day in full armor. How you might have seen that tree before, (if they have no way to tell direction), wilderness noises (You hear the roar or a _____). I sometimes like to have my players roll perception checks just to keep them paranoid.
>>
File: 1426100238542.jpg (129 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1426100238542.jpg
129 KB, 707x1000
One of my players who is relatively new to D&D and completely new to 5e is making a tiefling draconic bloodline sorcerer who is going to multiclass into fighter for backstory reasons. I want to accommodate him, but I also don't want him to gimp his character. His two highest stats are Charisma and Dexterity, so naturally he'll be going for finesse weaponry. Every PC's first three levels will be played out in one-on-one sessions taking place at different points in time before the game properly begins.

I have no idea whether he plans on being mainly a sorcerer with some fighter levels, or a fighter with some sorcerer levels, or if he's gonna split it evenly, but I want to be able to recommend spells, feats, and tactics to him to keep his character useful.

Am I worrying over nothing?
>>
>>43631644
Things happen at night. From bugs, to weather, to minor encounters. This interrupts sleep, characters go into sleep debt.

Players need to set up suitable camps to get a proper eight ours sleep. They have to select a good area to sleep or face water/bugs (survival check). They must set up a secure camp beast interruption (stealth and survival checks). They must set up a quality camp or face general discomfort (survival).

Add disease and poison problems, things that must be searched for in regards to cures - not just spells. Add some nature and medicine checks.

Are they being tracked by a too dangerous beast? Stealth check and survival checks to cover tracks.
>>
>>43631614
You can do all kinds of cool shit as an 18+ STR Brawler. You really need to be in a city or town for it to be super effective though. Improvised weapons prof means you don't ever have to pay for weapons (and 1d4 punches isn't that bad, especially if you lost your weapon but are still winning the fight), AND you get a free grapple after every attack. It's not bad, if you want to play it you totally can and be useful.
>>
File: Wilderness.png (39 KB, 491x696) Image search: [Google]
Wilderness.png
39 KB, 491x696
>>43631578

Wilderness should go back to 1e/2e philosophy and be in part a resource game. The Wilderness should slowly grind them down, each day being weaker than the day before. They should be forced to seek shelter, to replenish supplies, to recover over the long period. The question should always be 'will we have enough to get there and get back'.
>>
>>43631823
Eh, it can work out ok. Make sure he takes quickened spell, fight with his action and quicken a spell/cantrip... yeah, I can see it working.
>>
>>43631823

Sorc synergizes best when MCing as another caster, because of its Metamagics.

That said, MCing into fighter as Sorc gives medium armor, shield, and martial prof, so it's at least a boost in AC (If he starts as fighter he gets Heavy prof too, but it seems like he's married to starting as Sorc). Action Surge is good for every class.

If he's going deeper than 2 for Surge, Eldritch Knight is probably the best option since it'll expand his small sorc spell list and not cut into his slots as much. Since his INT is probably shite, focus on EK spells that ignore spellcasting mod, like Shield and Magic Missile.

He'll want to pick up the War Caster feat for sure so he can hold his shield while casting. Make sure you look at the SCAG melee cantrips as well.

Grab Mirror Image. Pick up Haste as 3rd level spell, Twin it on yourself and another party member, burn higher level spell slots for more sorc points to cast more Shield and he'll have a weird but likely competent character.
>>
>>43632088
His AC at level 1 is already 15 because of the draconic bloodline's AC bonus (13+dex while unarmored), and yeah, he is married to starting as a sorcerer and then branching out. His INT is 13 so that's not too bad. EK might be nice for more cantrips, and yeah, I've already shown him those sweet sweet SCAG cantrips.

Keep in mind he's new to 5e and I doubt he's planned ahead at all aside from picking out a few spells, and he's taking levels in fighter entirely for backstory reasons. I just want to keep him on the right track.
>>
File: amazon expidition.png (36 KB, 787x264) Image search: [Google]
amazon expidition.png
36 KB, 787x264
>>43632066
>>
>>43632182

The most important thing is just that he plans out his spells a bit beforehand, because you can only relearn 1 spell from a class per level up in that class. So if he can pick up a good spell from EK that he could get from Sorc (Shield, Darkness), he should hold off until it's available from EK. Don't waste those precious limited spells known.
>>
>>43632182
It's better if he starts as a fighter though, better saves, HPs and proficiencies
>>
>>43632577
Wouldn't theme fit better? He could be a fighter and then have something happen to activate his powers.

Going the other way feels a bit too meta to me.
>>
What's with people wanting to be orphan edgelords?

In every game.
>>
>>43632066
Sauce? My game has a lot of travel, and I could use some inspiration.
>>
>>43632638
Because then DMs don't have loved ones for the big bad to use as hostages.

Why are bard players always completely insufferable lolsorandum attention whores?
>>
>>43632721
Hostages sound more interesting.
Dat Growth of Chara
>>
>>43631614
You can use Trip Attack instead of shove to knock them prone and still do damage to them. Use your second attack to grapple them and then start dragging their face through the dirt to your melee friends.
>>
>>43632577

sorcerers get constitution too
>>
How do I reduce the character creation time for newbs? What's the best way to do guide them through it?
>>
>>43632916
Have them read the book ahead of time and follow Chapter 1.
>>
File: Road Travel.png (43 KB, 607x851) Image search: [Google]
Road Travel.png
43 KB, 607x851
>>43632657
OC I'm afraid. I put it together as part of a DM screen I built. Notes/reminders, that sort of thing.
>>
>>43632916
If they're completely new have them use premade characters in a oneshot.
>>
>>43632927
Option 1
>>43632956
Option 2

If you REALLY want to keep things going smoothly, make the characters yourself to reduce complications. Compile spells for the casters, and have two more characters than players, for the sake of choice.

It's how I generally do it.
>>
>>43632937
Thanks, do you have more?
>>
File: city and dungeon.png (73 KB, 1235x768) Image search: [Google]
city and dungeon.png
73 KB, 1235x768
>>43633099
>>
File: Jungle Travel Time.png (951 KB, 934x643) Image search: [Google]
Jungle Travel Time.png
951 KB, 934x643
>>43633165
>>
File: Visability in the Jungle.png (500 KB, 419x638) Image search: [Google]
Visability in the Jungle.png
500 KB, 419x638
>>43633189
>>
>>43631823

I hear sorc's are fairly underpowered compared to the other casters so gimping yourself with a mostly useless class doesn't feel like a great idea. Why does he want to go fighter? has he expanded on 'backstory' reasons?
>>
>>43633432
He likes the "naturally magical" aspect of the sorcerer class, and his character's father was a big burly pirate who is disappointed his son wasn't big and burly like him, so he insisted on training him in fighting. I'm considering trying to convince him to go fighter and eldritch knight, but I think this fits his backstory better.

I wouldn't necessarily call the sorcerer useless, just worse than wizard.
>>
How's this party for PotA?

Abjuration Wizard, Vengeance Paladin, Lore Bard, Nature Cleric, Hunter Ranger, Champion Fighter
>>
>>43633432
>Full Caster
>Useless

How fucking entitled are you, bro?
>>
>>43633432
>Sorcs
>Underpowered

Weak b8
>>
>>43633676

I'm not calling the Sorc useless. I'm calling the levels in Fighter useless for a mostly Sorc build (or vice versa probably).
>>
so.
Half orc figher, level 5
about to level up again, kinda made a pact with a demon.
do i go for warlock?
if so, what do i get? eventually gunning for the bond weapon.
>>
>>43633718
Not an Eldritch Fighter.
>>
>>43633762
Sorcerors can also be made by pacts.
>>
>>43633785
ive not read up on much of the sorc mechanics, i thought the whole difference between sorc and warlock was that sorcs were born with magic, while warlocks pacted for it?
>>
>>43631823
Honestly Fighter and Sorc isn't the worst combination of classes. Recommend Eldritch Knight so his spell slot progressions doesnt suffer too badly. For final class progressions these come to mind

>Fighter 11 Sorc 9 for 3 attacks and 5th levl casting
>Fighter 2 Sorc 18 for mostly casting and a touch of melee with Action Surge
>Fighter 5 Sorc 15 for the bare basic Extra Attack and up to level 8 spellcasting

It really just depends on what mixture of magic and melee he's looking for. If he doesn't want to go for EK, recommend Battle Master for some very useful maneuvers
>>
>>43633763

Probably less useless than straight fighter but less fitting of the backstory and still seems kinda MAD. I'd definitely pick it over the straight fighter though.
>>
>>43633805
I changed it to 30 point buy instead of the book's 27 so there's less worry about MAD
>>
>>43633801
It's a shitty thing that people are reading way too much into from a single sentence in the class description for sorcerer. Sorcerers aren't all born with their power, some obtain them from basically anything that thematically links with their particular sorcerous origin. You could make a deal with a dragon to get imbued with some of it's blood in exchange for an errand. The difference is that that is a mundane "pact" as opposed to a Warlock's Pact with an Otherworldly Patron, which does not alter the nature of the warlock, but is itself a magically binding deal which grants the warlock power.
>>
>>43633826
Just change Eldritch Knight's casting stat to CHA, then it isn't MAD.
>>
/5eg/, how would you make this?

Vengeance Paladin using a longsword /w Great Weapon Fighting?
>>
>>43634007
Devotion is better Fiendslayer
>>
>>43634007
Vengeance Paladins only wear pitch black armor with a black sword and black horns and spikes and black mascara.
>>
>>43634088
In attempting to call something out for being "edgy," you yourself have come across as the edgelord. Also, you're confusing Vengeance with Oathbreaker.
>>
if im a warlock/fighter, can i use spells learned though eldritch knight as warlock spells? IE using a warlock spell slot and cha?
>>
>>43634108
With the slot, but still using int, because you Know that spell as a wizard spell.
>>
>>43634088
It can't seek out darkness where it may be in order to strike the first blow at evil? I think you're talking about the not-Blackguard in the DMG.

>>43634048
You think? Protection Aura seems to cover the semi-shroud, and I was thinking that Vengeance works best for the First Strike feel. Aren't Devotion paladins more like big, beefy holy water sponges?
>>
>>43634088
So, the paladins from the Elenium who wear that stuff to scare enemies away from fighting to make their jobs easier.
>>
>>43628387
CLERIC UPRISING NOW
>>
>>43634141
I mean, Sacred Weapon. And Purity of Spirit. Vengeance can slay fiends, but Devotion's job is fiendslaying
>>
>>43633803
This is good advice, thanks.
>>
>friend who only like 3.5/pf
>doesnt like magic users though
>refuses to play even though fighters are amazingly fun now
how do i rope him in?
>>
>>43628443
Anecdotal, but I had a player like that in my group and my DM just got sick of him never remembering how to play even though they'd been gaming together every week for a decade and booted him. I don't think he was actually clinical, just terminally lazy.
>>
how would you guys go about a game set in New Phyrexia ?
>>
>>43635037
Depends on which side you're on
>>
>>43635037
Pre or Post Orthodoxy uprising?
>>
>>43629391
it's cool, sure, but since usually it's the frontliners that get polymorphed (let's leave true polymorph 'I'm a dragon now!' scenarios out of this), as the caster would be screwed if he were to lose concentration or get dispelled, the mechanics invalidate the frontliners abilities, for a big power boost (loads of thps, level becomes cr).
that's good for true polymorph, but not for a bread-and-butter mid-level spell.
wild shape is better, as you retain features, and only invalidates your own stat array, but if polymorph gets fixed, might as well fix wild shape too.
>>
>>43633669
The wizard will be in for some rough times since he loses his spellbook at the very beginning with little hope for getting it back.The casters in general will be fine overall but will have no material components or focuses for awhile. The worst thing to keep in mind is the fact that the underdark is almost always lightless so note who all has Activision and who all is essentially is blind until a portable and long lasting lightsource is obtained.
>>
>>43635262
It think PotA and OotA are different modules.
I don't know what PotA stands for though.
>>
>>43635275
Fuck I misread the abbreviation. Mb.

I have not played PotA so no idea what to say then, but looks very solid.
>>
>>43635275
>PotA
Princes of the Apocalypse
>>
>>43635159
I assume you mean when the Machine Orthodoxy came to power? Probably post, Elesh Norn is my favorite card, and i'd like to throw her as the Main Antagonist
>>43635070
Mirran most likely, but it might be cool to do the players as Phyrexians
>>
>>43634663

Tell him he can put the hurt on things that aren't a single footstep away in this edition and feats are cool special powers rather than a basic entry requirement to competence with one's character concept.
>>
>>43635262

>wizard loses his spellbook at the very beginning

that bites. why?
>>
>>43635419
Mirran you can play up the aspect of being the loosing side, needing to harvest supplies, the fact that the oil is incurable for the most part, and that phyrexia is growing stronger each day. If they're from the furnace layer, remind the players that they're only alive because of Urabrask. Have a viron stomp through a village as it does its work and the players forced to watch for fear of angering Urabrask. For the phyrexians I'd almost run something like x-com maybe. They have to build there base of operations while fighting off rival phyrexians both inside and outside there faction, hunt down mirran survivors and work towards various goals depending on which praetor they serve. (Researching the oil's effect on things, looking for ways to other planes, creating better monstrosities)
>>
File: tumblr_nfvplg48Wh1qdirs5o2_1280.jpg (264 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfvplg48Wh1qdirs5o2_1280.jpg
264 KB, 1280x896
What kinda class would Link be? My gut's telling me something like Wood Elf Sword+Board Battlemaster, but...
>>
>>43635557
pretty much that with a ton of magic items
>>
>>43635557
Half Elf Valor Bard with a large arsenal of weapons, both magical and mundane, possibly multiclassed into Battlemaster fighter. Master Sword is clearly a Moonblade, btw.
>>
>>43635262
This is entirely wrong.
>>
>>43635458
It doesn't happen.
>>
I'm considering homebrewing a ranger archetype that uses a smaller, familiar-sized companion that does things in tandem with weapon attacks.

What would something like that have to offer a party, mechanically?
>>
>>43635707
things like a fighter's manouvers, since it's an additional effect on weapon attacks.
there is an UA ranger variant that gets manovers, you could take a look at that.
>>
>>43635458
I thought you said OotA. Idk what happens in PotA. Sorry for the confusion.

But the party seems solid for any adventure.
>>
>>43635610
I realize that now. I misread the first post. I thought he said OotA instead of PotA.
>>
>>43631614
You will be doing close to no damage. The typical strategy is to trip thwn grapple, denying the target the speed they need to get up.

As a rogue/barb grappler myself, it gets old, and your DM might grow fond of shitting on you with huge enemies/teleporters. It just isn't worth it for all you need to be good at it.
>>
>>43629863
You were the only one then
>>
>>43633909
They never actually say what the difference is. WotC just made up some shit and forgot warlock existed
>>
>>43633669
It looks like a generic balanced party.
I think a party with more martial combatants and less casters, and an emphasys on stealth, would have an easier time on most adventures - that might still be your party, depending on the individual characters.
>>
>>43631823
Nah, fuck it. Gotta say, multiple sessions before the game actually starts sounds like you're begging for the game to fizzle
>>
>>43631823
give him the option to swap 2 levels of fighter for 2 levels of paladin at any point.
smites + quick spell are tactics enough.
>>
>>43635557
- Battlemaster with Magic Initiate
- Eldritch Knight, Hunter Ranger, or Valor Bard with Martial Adept
>>
>>43635609
>Master Sword is clearly a Moonblade, btw.
Wait... so are there a bunch of Links who tried to claim it and got burned to death?
>>
>>43634107
>Also, you're confusing Vengeance with Oathbreaker.
No, he's confusing Vengeance with Evil Paladins, who are basically forced to do that, lest become Oathbreakers. Lawful Good "bubbles and sunshine" Oathbreakers can absolutely exist, and I've thought about playing one recently.
>>
Monks should be able to use Dex in place of Str for jumping.

This is so I can be Wudang
>>
Guys, I think I might be retarded. After having read about skills in the phb I still don't know what being proficient in a skill actually does.
Also my books are in another city... But yeah, anyone willing to spell it out for me?
>>
>>43636332
>A paladin must be evil and at least 3rd level to
become an Oathbreaker.
>Lawful Good "bubbles and sunshine" Oathbreakers can absolutely exist

Yeah, just like raging barbarians casting wish and wizards with 3 extra attacks. If you houserule things everything is possible, but thats hardly a point of discussion.
>>
>>43636351
Wow, you are retarded. It just means you can add your proficiency bonus to that skill check. So say you make a Perception(Wisdom) skill check and your Wisdom modifier is +3 and your proficiency is +2. If you aren't proficient in the perception skill, you would roll a d20 and add +3, your wisdom modifier because it's governed by wisdom. If you are proficient in perception then you roll a d20 and +5, because your wisdom modifier is +3 and your proficiency is +2.
>>
>>43636351
Simply put, having proficiency in a skill allows you to add your proficiency score to that skill check.
>>
>>43636351
I'd recommend downloading the pdfs and keeping them on a thumb drive.
>>
WotC should remove all Arabic images from 5e in protest
>>
>>43636526
There are already no arabic images in 5e, its a fantasy game.
>>
>>43633805
>Fighter/Sorcerer
>MAD
A sorcerer also needs Dex (they don't have heavy armor proficiency) and Con (HPs are necessary to anybody), be sure any sorcerer is going to have at least 13 in Dex and Con, that's not MAD.

MAD is Monk/Paladin (Str, Dex, Wis, Cha...and a little bit of Con).
>>
>>43635557
Depends on the game but probably bard, fighter, ranger or a mix of them.

3 levels in Warlock to have pixie familiar if you want to be one of those Links though.
>>
>>43636335
Monks also should be able to grapple/trip using dex too, but this is wotc, is to hard to get rid of all trap options
>>
>>43636839
>A sorcerer also needs Dex (they don't have heavy armor proficiency)
Fighters have that anon. By becoming a fighter1/sorc whatever you don't need dex.
>>
>>43633718
Focusing on archery as a battlemaster, and using the sorc levels to get a concentration spell, or just quickening them, could work.
As mentioned somewhere else in the thread (or was it in the last one?), it's gonna be awesome if the Arcane Archer feat comes back in a non-broken form, and would work just as well with Ranger instead of Fighter, depending on what you want (extra attacks or just the fighting style)
>>
>>43636863
If you're going to melee and dump dex, why wouldn't you go Paladin 2 instead of Fighter 1?
>>
>Start game
>Playing an optimized gish
>See other players struggle
>See their sheets
>Fucking awful shit with martial multiclassed before 5th level, MAD as fuck PCs, useless feats, etc
>Tell them how to improve and still fit their backstory/character concept
>"Huur durr we don't minmax"
>Kay
>The complain through the first sessions how underpowered they feel
>Srly guys, I can help
>"Huurr durrr noooo, we like our characters the way they're"

One of the examples was a sorcerer with weapon master who then multiclassed into warcleric and then into evo wizard
>>
>>43636863
...and that disproves my point that sorcerer/fighter isn't MAD how?
>>
>>43636893
>"Huurr durrr noooo, we like our characters the way they're"
sorcerer with weapon master who then multiclassed into warcleric and then into evo wizard

Wat??? Seriously why would one even?
>>
>>43636915
Because they aren't filthy minmaxers like you, they're true roleplayers.
>>
>>43631578
The exhaustion track is perfect for this.
Make a level of exhaustion a consequence of a failed constitution check triggered by extreme environment, and things get serious very quickly.
>>
>>43628757
The under dark isn't a plane.
>>
>>43630111
This is ace. Kinda wish it included all the simple monsters too yho.
>>
>>43637004
i thought so too, but i guess it wouldnt matter since the idea behind the doc is to simplify the more complicated monsters.
>>
>>43628190
Going to play OotA, the party consists of 3 players, the classes have been assigned by the DM: rogue, paladin and wizard, but we dont have to stick to them.
Rogue is a wood elf outlander with expertise in stealth and survival, paladin is a half elf with the variant woodelf that gives him 35ft speed, wizard havent made up his mind, but wont be a deep gnome as recomended.
Can I get some tips for him, since we are most likely fucked if we dont cover all our bases?
>>
>>43636997
>This is the lore I'm using for a homebrew setting
>>
>>43630111
Thanks anon, thats great!

>>43630940
cool art, sauce?
got more?

>>43630978
>5 cantrips
thats pretty great

>>43631823
cool concept of adventure, I like it.

>>43635262
Could you give more tips for OotA, please?
>>
>>43637017
>everybody stealth. even the paladin.
>the rogue better find some way to contribute to combat in a more decisive way than just shooting sneak attack arrows from hiding, if you use flanking rules giving advantage to the paladin could be enough tho.
>the wiz is the primary caster, he'd better be able to heal, and have the proper wizardy 'control the battle' mindset.
>>
>>43637057
Is stealth that important during the whole campaing?
>>
>>43628443
How about talking to your DM or the player instead of being a passive aggressive bitch?
>>
>>43636944
Because you can't make fun character that's effective, right?

Seriously though, I don't get why people would intentionally gimp their character just to try to make something "unique" . You can easily make a unique and fun character in 5e simply with some imagination and some RP skills. I'm playing a straight warlock in OotA and I'm having the time of my life with the twisted bastard.
>>
idk if im retarted, but does the PHB not specify how to fill out a character's skills? if it is listed, please list the page number. thanks in advance.
>>
>>43637017
Jesus, Rogue needs to go bard if the wizard wont do his job.
Replace the 35ft with the normal 2 skills and get stealth. Not sure about the other skill.
Wizards are bitches for a while in OotA, specially if you dont get lucky looting shit.
The game is hard, anon, you better keep every single ally you have alive otherwise you are fucked... PK style.
>>
>>43637099
The former.
Read Chapter 1.
>>
>>43637077
sort of, if the whole party can stealth you get a bit of control on the flow of the adventure back, and getting the drop on encounters, in the worst case, can save you quite a bit of resources.
>>
>>43637083
Tell me more.
>>
>>43637083
>Effective PC and roleplaying at the same time
No, you can't, minmaxer.
>>
>>43637017
What paths are you guys planning on taking?
>>
>>43637120
>>43637133
Kk
>>
>>43637147
>>43637117

Havent decided any path yet, any suggestions?
What other skill should I get with the paladin? You know, from the 2 half-elf bonus skills.
Anything else the party should cover?
>>
>>43637133
actually
>being an adventurer
>risking life and limb for glory, honor, money, and goodness fighting abominations against nature and eldritch horrors
>NOT pushing your training in a way that makes the most sense
you're a bad roleplayer, and haven't understood the stresses that adventurers have to live thru. you can't be an amateur adventurer, your life (and possibly more) is on the line!
>>
>>43637149
Im the tell me more guy, Im legit interested on how you're playing your warlock in OotA, anon!
>>
>>43637166
>not fun and wacky misadventures with no regard to geography or magic item levels
when are you becoming a REAL man, anon?
>>
>>43637133
Are you serious m8?
>>
>>43637172
as soon as combat is thrown out as 1 of the 3 pillars of the d&d experience.
which is a perfectly acceptable way to play, but not what most groups do.
the behaviour you suggest is suicidal, and suicidal people in life-or-death situations... don't last long.
>>
>>43637116
read the chapter before posting. couldn't find skills mentioned after skimming through the chapter after reading your comment.
i would imagine it would be in the Determine Ability Scores section, but it really only talks about the fact that they influence your character's capabilities as well as how to generate them.
a page number would be a great way to show me how retarted i am.
>>
>>43637209
>you fall into a pit...
>oh no!
>...of lollies!
>yeaaaaaaaah!

Jk, but really, would be fun if the group had a rival party that would use weird builds, going into fun and highly profitable adventures with no real danger, while the pcs have to bust their asses, until some real shit comes down, the town/city sends the rival party to deal with the threat, because they are so strong and awesome, but they are instantly wiped out, plus the evil thing gets hold of all their treasures, therefore getting stronger and more dangerous.
>>
>>43637167
Oh ok. Sometimes it's hard to tell sarcasm from sincerity on these boards ^^"

So, he is a fiend patron warlock of Baphomet, and literally as soon as we escape the prison, we stumble upon a Vrok and kill it because panic mode kill everything and escape before we all die. Being a warlock without a focus, I ask if I can fashion a warlock focus from the demon. Right after I make the focus out of it's feathers, madness saves from everyone. I fail. I am now obsessed with collecting demon arms and horns to praise my patron with. Will continue shortly
>>
>>43637231
Chapter 1.
Pag 12.
Under "Proficiency Bonus".
>>
>>43637239
Your party actually pulled that?
Vrocks arent easy to kill, while poorly equiped!
>>
>>43637160
Swashbuckler or thief
not sure about paladin
divination or ilusion for wizard

Should cover your ass, cuz demons are coming from behind.... hard.
>>
>>43637160
I suggest you getting the drow pristess alone and raping her.
But rape her good, brak her mind like some fcked up hentai.
Trust me, it wont be easy, but things will go real smooth after that.
>>
>>43637239
Short time later. Party is traveling through Durgar city. Drow emissary walks up to me. Described as wearing fine clothes with lots of jewelry. My characters first out loud reaction: "oh shit it's a pimp! Cleric hide!" Our cleric is human like me and female. She botches her role. Pleasant conversation ensues with obvious cleric hiding in a barrel. Emissary point it out. Cleric asks out loud if she has been noticed. I turn to look directly at her and tell her that she has been noticed, but she continues to hide. I get the emissary to leave by showing her my demon arms as Proof of my residence in the underdark (don't ask how I pulled that off). I have one more good story that happened last night. It's the best one I promise.
>>
>>43637273
if the whole party can go steathly, assassin is a great option. for the paladin as well!
illusion will let the wizard do a lot of silly tricks in the late levels, the campaign ends at 15, and illusion gets huge boosts at 11, 14, and 15 level, but until then he'll be a generic wizard,
while divination is awesome from the go.
>>
>>43637265
ah. thank you.
>>
>>43637266
Jimjar, Derindel, and the twins are op AF. That's the only explanation I have for how we pulled it off.
>>
So is it just me, or is a Pact of the Tome Warlock of the Great Old One pretty much made of Bloodborne?

And if it's just me, how would one go about making a Bloodborne-esque character in 5e?
>>
>>43636526
french people deserve to die
>>
>>43637354
Might be similar, but in reality it was made based on the Starlock from 4e.
>>
>>43637383
Well yeah, I know that much, but 5e's GOO Warlocks are much more blatant about the Lovecraft compared to the 4e Starlocks.

At least until you read in-depth into the description of their spells like is necessary in Bloodborne. Fuck.
>>
Right, I could use a hand. I would like to make a custom class for 5e based off of Pathfinder's Summoner.

How would I do such a thing?
>>
>>43637294
This happened just last night. Party is resting in dungeon after wild magic and bears almost kills everyone. DM rolls encounter chart. A flumph flies in. I made friendly conversation with it. Asks me to kill all the durgar in the dungeon. That was already my warlock plan so I agree without question. He apparently can turn invisible because the party can't see him. they Think I'm going more insane than usual. Flumph gives me map of dungeon in my head I proceed to lead the party to various areas. Enemy warlock durgar. Declare him my rival. He flees.
>Fuck.jpg
We proceed to next few areas. Being a time warlock I cast guidance a lot. Wild magic surge that's part of the dungeon triggers the one wild magic surge barrage on my character on our way to the last area. I grow a third eye and party freaks out. I don't care and press on. Party continues to freak out as I travel down the hallway and I get barrages with buffs. I think I'm being blessed by my God and rush down the hall. Arrive in boss room with warlock and a healer inside. Magic missle surge kills healer instantly. Truesight surge reveals enemy location while fog surge hides me. I blast him, and surge allows me to blast him more. I basically became a super buff turret in a moving and shining cloud. After all the other buffs wear off, I realise I've been blessed and turned a shade of blue, Baphomet blue. Praise Baphomet for the power to solo a boss room!
>>
I just started a campaign recently. Myself, by friend as DM, and four others, at least two of whom have never played D&D before, and the other two of whom don't get along (very traditionalist/capitalist German dude, and anarchist American guy).

First session, our DM has us wake up in prison cells like BG2 (he's a huge fan of the game). One of he new guys is playing a Ranger, thinks he's a Rogue. Decides to pick the lock on his cell door. By sticking his dick in it.

DM is not amused, rolls a d20 for damage due to a lacerated penis. Ranger survives (barely), but ends up quitting when it becomes clear we're not gonna let him do stupid shit for shits and giggles.

Next session, the anarchist and the German get into a massive argument becaue the Anarchist's Elf was making fun of the German's Dwarf and vice-versa (apparently Legolas and Gimli only work in books and not in real life, who knew?), German leaves the party. The entire campaign basically fell apart.
>>
>>43637465
I'd really like to do the same, but you'd have to make an entire class from scratch - the closest ones in the game would be pact of the chain lock or a beastmaster ranger.
Maybe try to balance it around the power level of a wizard having sacrificed the spell slots to summon equally strong minions.
>>
>>43637618
That's sort of what I figured. I found a rough and not-really-balanced guide to homebrewing your own classes on reddit somewhere, and it mentioned full, half and quarter-caster classes. A Summoner would probably be a half-caster, since their basic attack would be the Eidolon and their magic would focus mainly on buffing and/or healing it.

One thing that I saw, and think would be absolutely amazing... https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Knight_%285e_Class%29
It's a homebrew class that is blatantly broken. So what if someone were to run a campaign in which ALL THE PCs were Dragon Knights, and they were ALL broken? I'm pretty sure it'd end up a pretty fucking epic campaign, if only because by the end your random encounters would have to involve several hundred minions, a dozen BBEGs and an Elder God or two. Each.
>>
>>43637465
the real problem is how not to break the action economy.
the summoner himself is an half caster, half martial, so he gets spells like a paladin and an extra attack at level 5, but what of the eidolon?
that one summoner that morphs into the summon is easier, just make up some new cantrips for his attacks, at a power level similar to the warlock's eldritch blast, maybe mix it up with the new melee cantrips somehow, and give some ways to cast them as bonus actions too, so you don't get a bunch of summorcerers, and it's good to go.
but the basic summoner, the one that gets 2 actions per turn, is new material. there are few summons or active pets in this edition, and none are as powerful as a pc, which is the whole point here.
>>
>>43637889
The way I see it, both Summoner and Eidolon would be two halves of a whole character. Summoner gets spells like a Paladin, Eidolon gets the melee advantages.

Maybe basing them off a Warlock instead, and changing the Warlock Invocations to some form of Eidolon perks?
>>
>>43637933
if they're 2 halves of a character, they should have half an action each as well.
it's hard to balance 2 actions per turn without making them very unappealing, like giving the eidolon only 1 attack per round until level 20.
if you get more actions, they just can't be as good as those of the other characters.
>>
>>43637973
I was thinking more that the entire character (Summoner + Eidolon) would get the standard actions. You can have the Eidolon move up while the Summoner blasts out a spell, or have the Eidolon attack while the Summoner backs off, but you can't have both Summoner and Eidolon attacking at once, or moving at once, etc.
>>
The only balanced summoner is synth summoner.
>>
>>43638003
then it's just a new beastmaster. just be careful balancing out the eidolon stats, it could work.
you could use the bonus action to have them act together, maybe a bonus attack from the eidolon when the summoner casts a spell? sorta like the eldritch knight.
>>
File: 1428988632880.jpg (348 KB, 1241x900) Image search: [Google]
1428988632880.jpg
348 KB, 1241x900
>>43638089
Like this? I'd be up for it. Hell, they could even do something with the basis of the playtest dragon sorcerer, where it manifests as you burn spells.
Obligatory Jojos meme
>>
>>43638703
Who doesn't want a Stand?
>>
>>43638089
>>43638703
What is a synth summoner? And how do I make one in 5e?
>>
>>43638740
PF has archetypes, similar to subclasses in 5e, summoner in PF summons shit or summons an Eidolon (more powerful shit but is only ONE creature isntead of many). Synth Summoner archetype fuses with the Eidolon and forms a single being, like you were wearing the Eidolon as an armor, is more balanced because you control only one character instead of 2. You keep your mental stats but have the physical stats of the Eidolon.

In PF a lot of people treat them like Power Rangers, Kamen Riders, etc tokusatsu that involves some kind of special armor.
>>
>>43637610
>apparently Legolas and Gimli only work in books and not in real life, who knew?
My elf and dwarf are always bickering in-character and the players think it's great banter. I guess it helps that they were friends before the campaign.
>>
A magic weapon has a maximum of seven charges, and gains 1d6+1 at dawn. As an action, the wielder may expend a charge to swing the sword into a magical barrier such as Wall of Fire or Antilife Shell, casting Dispel Magic on that barrier. The wielder uses Strength instead of spellcasting ability when making a check to dispel magical barriers of 4th level or higher. (The user has to attune to the weapon to use its dispelling power; otherwise it's just a +X weapon).

What should the rarity of a +2 weapon with this power be? Note that even though this sword lets you "attack" barriers, you don't actually make an attack roll, so the bonus doesn't apply to dispelling checks.
>>
>>43630067
>>43630114

DM here. Would allowing Savage Attacker to be used with every attack on your turn make it balanced, or OP? By "on your turn" I mean that it wouldn't apply to bonus actions or opportunity attacks.
>>
>>43638854
You just reroll the weapon's damage and not the total damage so I don't think allowing it for every attack would be OP.
>>
>Group calls you, unironically, ruleslawyer when you use a quarterstaff with both hands and martial arts at the same time
Time to change group
>>
>>43638985
Time to change group
>>
How insanely rare are magical items supposed to be?

Like, one per adventure, one per campaign, NEVER EVER FOR PLAYERS what?
>>
>>43638788
Oh. Okay. That sounds epic. How would one go about creating them as a playable class for 5e?

(Also they sound rather similar to 3.5's Totemists, from what I gather.)
>>
>>43639030
It says in the DM guide that it's up to you for both the price and rarity. Always seems to indicate that it's not worth it to make them and only to get existing ones, so probably pretty uncommon to rare.
>>
>>43639030
there was a statistical study of the dmg tables, the results were something like
>1 consummable per level, rarity by tier, legendary at level 20
>2 uncommon, 2 rare, 1 very rare, 1 legendary permanent items (over 20 levels)
but that's as far as it goes, it's not spelled out.
>>
>>43628443
Nice pasta, m8.
>>
>>43628757
>shadow realm
Oh, Yugi-Boy...
>>
File: 5676543.jpg (4 MB, 5595x4385) Image search: [Google]
5676543.jpg
4 MB, 5595x4385
Did anyone play Dark Sun? Do you think it will be officially updated to 5E soon?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.