[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not gaming with a group of close friends Why in gods name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 1383586260126.png (119 KB, 301x310) Image search: [Google]
1383586260126.png
119 KB, 301x310
>Not gaming with a group of close friends
Why in gods name would anyone do this? Its a social game.
Most That Guys come from strangers who aren't on the same page as the rest of the group. There are autists on this board who will order a pizza for just them and woof it down in front of others, unless they pay them per slice.
>>
>>43625296
>no friends
>want to make friends
>go to flgs
>join game
>make friends
>>
>>43625296
Because my 'close circle of friends' ended up being mostly sperglords in high school.
Then I went to college, and I was able to make friends with not-sperglords by playing with them.
>>
>>43625296
Because my friends are not into gaming.

They are into sex, drugs and rock and roll.
>>
>>43625329
>>43625338

Thats great, but to be fair any of the /tg/ gamefinder threads leads to mostly creeps, I've learned first hand. I was lucky to find a long lasting friend there but our sturdy 6-year group is me, him and a bunch of old friends we already knew
>>
>>43625296
A lot of reasons.

Because all close friends don't like RPGs.
Because I don't like my close friends' playstyle.
Because I am more comfortable doing this type of shit with random strangers.
Because meeting new people is also fun.
Sometimes only one of these, some other times all of the above.

Next question please.
>>
Because at the moment my close friends are
- 300 km away
- 800 km away
- too busy being pregnant
- too busy being slut
>>
>>43625419
>- too busy being pregnant
>- too busy being slut
>friends with women
Theres your problem
>>
>>43625296
>There are autists on this board who will order a pizza for just them and woof it down in front of others, unless they pay them per slice.
This bothers me to no end.
>>
>>43625486
pizza ain't cheap
>>
>>43625296
>baahhhhh I'm entitled to free pizza just for hanging out with someone
Chip in or go hungry cheapass.
>>
Most of my friends can't be trusted in a freeform game that relies on imagination or indulgent fantasy. Not that they aren't interested in playing, but if I try to do anything that isn't just about murdering an NPC, I know I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.

>Doing an introduction game of WoD with two friends
>One rolls a disgruntled P.I who's looking for his missing wife
>The other playing a crack thief who dislikes excessive violence

>First thing: give them a clear and obvious lead, along with literally saying "this guy is involved in the kidnapping ring you are looking for"
>Detective Dipshit goes to question the man who is irrefutably involved, which is IC knowledge
>Asks if he's ever heard of [PERSON WHO WAS KIDNAPPED A FEW HOURS AGO]
>Man acts very suspicious and says "no"
>PC tells the man his name, that he's investigating a kidnapping ring, gives him a card and rents a room from the motel the guy is renting out.
>A cop rolls up while they're 'staking out' the area (they drove their car to the other side of the street)
>Cop harasses them, makes it very clear he is somehow involved with the events going on
>Both leads are ignored, players sit in a car waiting for DM fiat

>Later, at a gas station
>Altercation at a gas station arises
>Character who is supposed to be unassertive and avoid conflict is suddenly starting firefights (no weapons skills to speak of)
>Detective forgoes actually participating in gunfight, decides instead to point a gun in the face of one of the assailants and try to intimidate him into giving up, despite having no points in intimidation (which he was adamant that he wouldn't need, mind you)
>By two strokes of blind dice luck, he actually did convince someone who was ALREADY SHOOTING AT HIM to stop and surrender, under the threat of being shot.
>Zip tie two bad guys, try to pump them for information
>Detective rolls another intimidate check, his well runs dry and one guy spits on the floor
>Detective shoots him in the face
>>
>>43625438
They have their merits, just not for traditional gaming.

Also, what's male counterpart of slut?
>>
>>43625907
Gigolo.
>>
>>43625907
Still a slut. Call a man a slut and watch him react in confusion and horror.
>>
>>43625907
>male counterpart of slut

real man
>>
what the fuck is this pizza bullshit

seriously how do you fail at life so fucking hard

the way i have always assumed pizzas work is you order a pizza each and eat the pizzas, or all pay for a number of pizzas you divide evenly between you

what the fuck man

how is this difficult
>>
File: Nat 1 Linguistics.gif (516 KB, 264x48) Image search: [Google]
Nat 1 Linguistics.gif
516 KB, 264x48
>woof
>>
>>43625751

This. I bet the same people who shit the bed on /tg/ about not getting free pizza are the same cunts always scrounging food, drinks, cigs, gum, etc and only paying their way once in a blue moon.

If someone wants some of my pizza, they tell me before I order it and pay their share. If they don't like it they can go choke on a bag of warty dicks.

For all you scrounging shitlords reading this, what I'm describing is basic social etiquette. Go get cured of your autism so that you can understand it.

>>43625907
>Also, what's male counterpart of slut?

Manslut.
>>
>>43625907
Manwhore
>>
>>43625369

>/tg/ full of creeps

Yes and?
>>
>>43629445
Only correct answer.
>>
>>43629147
>eating an entire pizza by yourself

Amerifat please...
>>
>>43625486
Buy yourself a pizza nigga, or agree to split the cost and thus the pizza as I order it. I'm not ordering a tiny one-man pizza so that you can demand some.
>>
>>43625296
Everyone in my group moved away and ended up with conflicting schedules. May not be the best answer, but playing with strangers is my only way to make friends and have a chance at playing.
>>
>>43625369
I've got a year long game composed mostly of great people that I found entirely on /tg/.

Maybe my group is an outlier, but all you need is a handful of decent people and you're pretty much set.
>>
>>43629706
>not being able to eat a small pizza by yourself

are you a 12 year old girl
>>
>>43625564
>>43625751
It's called being a pig in front of guests. I guess basic etiquette isn't even a thing anymore.
>>
>>43629867
This.
This so much.
>>
>>43625338
>Because my 'close circle of friends' ended up being mosty sperglords in high school

Pretty much this. Most every "That Guy" I know was a friend in my "circle". There are a few I've met outside of that circle from online groups, namely roll20, though I can say without a doubt that most of my high school friends turned into "That Guys".
>>
>>43629867
It's called being selfish with money. I guess chipping in your fair share isn't even a thing anymore.
>>
>>43629982
You know friends don't horde shit when among friends. You do have friends?

Also how is the person hording a food designed to share eating in front of others not selfish
>>
>Play with friends
>gettin' late, gettin' hungry
>we'd prop up the laptop and make our takeaway orders together
>put the money we owe together
>eat the delicious food we ordered specially
This seems the logic course of action.
>>
>>43630210
So in the situation of "Hey Anon, I'm going to order a pizza you want to get in on this" and you say no. Do you still expect pizza?
>>
File: trigged.jpg (10 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
trigged.jpg
10 KB, 226x223
>>43625296
I started dming a group of close friends. Only problem is the group is way too large and because we're friends I can't say no to any of them. Now the first campaign I've ever run has to be scaled up for 10 people.

This is why we don't make friends.
>>
>>43625296
>woof it down

Wolf. You wolf down food.
>>
>>43625296
>Most That Guys come from strangers who aren't on the same page as the rest of the group
Literally every group has a "That Guy". That's where the name comes from, because every group has that one guy.

Do agree that there's not much point in playing with people who aren't your friends.
>>
>>43629706
have you ever been to a proper pizzeria

i don't mean pizza hut i mean franco manca or something
>>
>>43625296
When is the pizza thing becoming a meme, I only come here for memes
>>
>>43629982
>>43629867
>Sacred Hospitality vs. Fiscal Responsibility

Why can't we have both?
>>
>>43629706
>pizza only comes in giant size

Amerifat please...
>>
File: 1426202995672.jpg (237 KB, 647x1000) Image search: [Google]
1426202995672.jpg
237 KB, 647x1000
>Pizza
>Not cooking a delicious and healthy meal for your players to show you really care about them.
You should all feel bad.
>>
Damn it, thought this was a food thread
>>
File: 1420881075530.jpg (515 KB, 1180x1714) Image search: [Google]
1420881075530.jpg
515 KB, 1180x1714
>>43638798
It is now.
>>
>>43638819
>Toasted Bread
>Dragon's Crown takes a thing I can already make with a household appliance and makes it look like the most delicious thing

For what purpose do you torment me?
>>
File: 1420881160094.jpg (457 KB, 1130x1623) Image search: [Google]
1420881160094.jpg
457 KB, 1130x1623
>>43638836
Because you all deserve it.
Your players are imagining this world, with these wonderful meals.
And all you get them is pizza. Pizza every time. You should feel ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>43638858
>Harpy Egg Omelette
>Sauteed Minotaur Tongue
>Sterved Minotaur Tongue

Well, that got gruesome quickly. Those are sapient, aren't they?
>>
>>43638865

No more disgusting than fish, I hate fish
>>
>>43625296
>woof it
>>
I never got the whole Pizza-RPG thing. My group's just more fond of chips and such, I guess.

As for the whole "to share food or not" thing, we have 1 person provide the house for gaming, and then everyone else brings a couple of snacks and drinks. There's enough for everyone, plenty of variety with snacks, everyone contributes, and thus everyone deserves some.
>>
>>43638865
Well, to be fair, the line between 'intelligent creatures' and animals is rather vague. And it's a fantasy world, so who knows what values they have in common with us...
If pigs could craft tools and little shelters, would we stop eating bacon?
>>
>>43638957
This.
>>
>>43638980
That is actually a very good question.
>>
>>43632673
Been there, highly inadvisable. If you still want to game with them all, split them in two groups of 5 and play each separately. Much more manageable, and with some planning you'll be able to merge them later.

Or run a very light introduction to roleplaying in general campaign for all of them. It's likely some will drop out and you can shift to something heavier with the rest.

>>43638957
And if you don't bring enough?
>>
>>43625296
Getting your friends into TTRPG is a risk: they may turn out to be a shit player, but they're still your friend so you can't kick them.
But if you try tabletop with strangers, you can ditch the bad ones until you find a group of chill guys that you become friends with.
>>
>>43632500
Not that anon, but I would expect to be offered a slice. That is how it normally works in my group.

Then, when I decide to buy a pizza and someone else in the group doesn't, I would offer them a slice of it.

Why is this so hard?
>>
>>43638980
>>43639049
Monkeys can make tools and the reasons we don't eat them is because they're disease-ridden, difficult to herd and not very tasty.
>>
>>43625296
>Most That Guys come from strangers who aren't on the same page as the rest of the group.
You can boot them and forget they existed.
But if a friend turns out to be a fetish-shovelling autist, you are stuck up in the shit creek.
>>
>>43625907
Alpha.
>>
>>43625907
Successful.
>>
>>43632500
If I wasn't going to share it, I wouldn't order a pizza big enough to share in the first place. I'd just get fast food.
>>
>>43638764
Seconded
>Lasagne
>Chili
>Slowcooked Ox cheek/tail

and yet every time I go to another player's place it's just pizza pizza pizza.
>>
>>43626011
No that is just the specific name for a male prostitute.
>>
>>43625296
>Why in gods name would anyone do this? Its a social game.
Most of my few friends are physically incapable of giving a fuck about anything more /tg/ than Hearthstone.
>>
>>43638764
seriously, if you faggots can't even make a piza yourselves you should just stop wasting space. Literally takes 15 mins and you can have infinite dough in fridge.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.