[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: KamehamehaZ.jpg (346 KB, 800x1007) Image search: [Google]
KamehamehaZ.jpg
346 KB, 800x1007
>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/vUmZE9bz

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You and your brother had an encounter with Galactic Patrolmen Jaco and Jiya, worked on some things with Bulma, learned some new Magic, and helped Launch achieve a new level of strength!
>>
File: TeenGoku-foods.gif (244 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
TeenGoku-foods.gif
244 KB, 500x271
>>43624305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyO6tonbLQ

You rise slowly early in the day, heading in to your kids' room to check on them both. To your surprise you notice Peppa attempting to climb out of her crib... with Groucho's help. You cross your arms and shake your head. "Isn't it a bit early for either of you to be making any trouble?"

The girl and the tiger shyly nod. Peppa points to the other side of the room, her brother's hat fallen to the floor. "Haf..."

"Brother's hat." you tell her with a bit of a frown.

"Yus!" Oh here we- ...wait what? "Gib... Gaham haf." she mumbles out.

Huh. You raise an eyebrow and give a quick scan of your daughter's mind. She... was worried Gohan would start crying if he woke up without his hat. You walk over to pat her on the head, smiling. "Maybe let mom deal with that." You telekinetically float Gohan's hat back on his head, getting Peppa her own as you pick her up, the girl's tail curling around your arm.

"Mah." she mumbles happily. You stay with her for a while as you both wait for Gohan to wake up. Heh, just like his dad.

You prep a big breakfast while you wait for Goku to wake up as well, the kids and Groucho playing for a bit. Your husband is a bit surprised by the bigger meal, but extremely happy about it. After you all finish, Goku giving a pleased but quiet belch, he gives a little stretch and asks, "What's the plan for today?"

>A. Thought we should check in with Mark and Videl, see how they're doing for the Tournament
>B. Wanna check in with Yamcha and Pantea again, a bit curious how they're doing
>C. We should check in with Krillin, Lapis, and Lazuli, wonder what they're up to
>D. Meeting brobro and Chi-chi for some family time, think it'd be nice
>E. Something else?
>>
>>43624320
>A. Thought we should check in with Mark and Videl, see how they're doing for the Tournament
>>
>>43624320
>>
>>43624320
>>D. Meeting brobro and Chi-chi for some family time, think it'd be nice

How's it going boss?
>>
>>43624320
Wonder if Videl knows how to fly yet.
>>
>>43624320

>>43624422
Does Mr. Satan?
>>
>>43624320
>A. See Videl and Mark, see how they are doing
>>
>>43624320
>>
File: maple syrup.jpg (563 KB, 1199x1200) Image search: [Google]
maple syrup.jpg
563 KB, 1199x1200
>>43624305

What time is it? ITS MAPLE TIME!

>>43624320
D
>>
File: Hercule-9.jpg (21 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Hercule-9.jpg
21 KB, 300x225
>>43624320
You give a little stretch yourself. "Thought we should check in with Mark and Videl, you know, see how they're doing for the Tournament."

"Ah, good idea!" Goku says with a smile, picking up the kids. He turns to Groucho before the four of you leave. "Watch over the house, buddy!"

"And no catnip." you tell him with a glare. The tiger gives a grumpy grunt. "Yes I know you know where it is. That's why I'm saying no." You make a small ball out of that elastic armor material and let it roll towards him. Groucho's expression changes to a far more happy one, Goku calling the nimbus and heading off with you and the kids.

You arrive at Satan Castle and already spot a few people outside. Mostly more regular fighters, but you can tell Mark and Videl are in the building. After an introduction, Diavolo welcomes the two of you in. "Haha, so what brings you four here?"

"Just a bit curious about Mark and Videl." Goku comments.

"Is that so?" a blonde man questions, followed by a large, balding man. "Just checking out the competition, or here to admit defeat already?"

You raise an eyebrow. Their Power Levels are... both just under 100. "Checking in with some friends, is all."

"Friends, huh? I don't know about you, but our schools are supposed to be rivals aren't-"

"Caroni, Pirozhki, enough." Diavolo grumbles. He leans in and whispers to you lowly, "They're new here, still adjusting. Wish Mark could get them to change that attitude a bit."

"Haha! Well if it isn't the Champion couple themselves!" another voice shouts. Ah, there they are. Videl is close behind him, grinning as she sees your kids.

>A. This a bad time? You all seem to be training
>B. Let Gohan and Peppa play with Videl, got some questions for Mark
>C. Talk with Videl a bit
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43624839
>>
>>43624839
>>B. Let Gohan and Peppa play with Videl, got some questions for Mark
>>
>>43624839
"How have you guys been?"
>>
>>43624839
>>
>>43624839

Hey Kato. How's it going?
>>
>>43624407
>>43625103
Good, good. Been busy with some things, work's kinda prepping for post-Thanksgiving and people starting up their Christmas shopping. Thankfully we don't get as big a rush as regular retail does.
>>
>>43624839
You rub the back of your neck. "Ah, this a bad time? You all seem a bit busy training."

"Ah, if you don't mind waiting for lunch, we can talk more then." Mark responds, his daughter giving a bit of a pout.

Goku's eyes light up at the mention of food, you elbowing him in the side. "You just ate breakfast."

"Eheh, sorry." he laughs, tail swaying.

"Sure, we can wait." you tell him. You and Goku watch some of the students around practice. Heh, not quite the same as the Turtle School's, but a bit more direct. Interesting. You also notice a couple women talking together, one you recognize as Miguel, and the other a redheaded lady in a... rather slim outfit. Strange. Stranger still is Miguel's behavior, she seems... a bit ill. When lunch arrives, you let Gohan and Peppa play with Videl a bit, Mark smiling as he sees his kid play with your own.

"Heh, they grow up so fast. Why, just the other day it felt like I was teaching her how to throw a proper punch." Mark comments.

"So, how far has she gotten? I can only imagine you've been giving her the best, and last I recall it seemed she might have a rival." you ask, noticing the girl float up a bit as Peppa tries to chase her. Well, seems she can already fly, at least.

"Heh, she's been working hard, just like her old man. She's even already gotten Satan Castle's new special technique down!" the man says with a laugh.

>A. "Special technique?"
>B. Say... I don't mean to pry, but is Miguel okay?
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43625508
>B. Say... I don't mean to pry, but is Miguel okay?
>>
>>43625508
>>B. Say... I don't mean to pry, but is Miguel okay?

If its a special technique he probably wants to keep it secret. This is more important anyways.
>>
>>43625508
>>C. Something else?

Offer an equivalent exchange for it maybe?

What does Luminaire do?
>>
>>43625508
>Looking forward to it.
>B.
>>
>>43625652
>What does Luminaire do?
Weaponized Samma Vaca I think. Damages and debuffs demons with out having the need to channel. I think. Should probably get clarification on that later.
>>
>>43625692
Not demons, evil things. Or just things sensitive to massive amounts of radiation. It's a mini-nuke.
>>
>>43625692
>>43625721
Are our dual techniques listed in the pastebin? I can't seem to find the one we use with Chiaotzu
>>
>>43625508

>B.
>>
>>43625745
Don't worry, we won't be using Ka-Crack Slicer all that much.
>>
>>43625508
>>
>>43625745
Failed to copy them over to the pastebin, apologies. Will fix that later.
>>
File: MrSatanHCellGS.png (241 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
MrSatanHCellGS.png
241 KB, 576x432
>>43625508
Special technique, huh? "While I'd offer something in exchange, I bet you wanna keep that a secret, don't you?"

Mark nods. "Yep! At least until the Tournament."

"Looking forward to it, then."

"Yeah! Now you've got me excited!" Goku comments, finishing one last bowl of rice.

You notice Miguel give a little nod and a smile to Mark, then head off somewhere, slowly, the other woman walking with her. "...I don't mean to pry, but... is, ah, she okay?"

Mark looks down, going quiet. "Something she's been dealing with just recently. Doctors think it's viral, and she's gotten some medication, but... we don't know for sure. She's been having chest pains, fever, headache..."

"Sounds serious." Goku comments.

Mark looks at his daughter. "Videl knows there's something different about her mom, but... well, we're hoping she pulls through. She's a tough lady, not gonna let something like that keep her down!"

>A. Have you tried Capsule Corp?
>B. How infectious is it?
>C. Shouldn't she be resting?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43626108
>>
>>43626108
>D. See if our healing magic improves her. Even if only temporary
>>
>>43626153
>"Hey Miguel, high five!"
>>
>>43626108
>>A. Have you tried Capsule Corp?
>D
"I can try some Healing, might at least diagnose it."
>>
>>43626108
>B. How infectious is it?
>>
>>43626108
>D. Want us to take a go?

We did heal his teacher after all.
>>
>>43826108
>D. Have you tried using the seven wish-granting orbs?

I hope Marlene's not off the table
>>
>>43626243
>>43626108
>>
>>43626108
>>A. Have you tried Capsule Corp?
>>B. How infectious is it?
>>C. Shouldn't she be resting?
>>D. Something else?
Senzu bean won't help?
>>
Oh, just because I had wanted to explain last time but didn't get time: when I said summoning, I figured the ability to call and bind beings like Undine to protect places and objects (like, say, a dragonball, or places with super weapons), or Baba's ability to get the dead a pass to the living world for 24 hours, could be pretty neat.
>>
>>43626263
Sadly senzu beans can't solve everything
>>
>>43626271
Oh, I thought you were talking about taking a trip to Mt. Myoboku.
>>
Sacred water?
>>
Roll me 1d20, DC 17, best of five.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>43626384
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>43626384
pls
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>43626384
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>43626384
Plz
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>43626384
>pls bitch
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>43626384
>
>>
>>43626426
Welp.

Writing...
>>
>>43626426
Maple is best doctor!
>>
File: Its a good feeling.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Its a good feeling.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>43626426
Out of the 20s I've rolled over this quest, this one that could potentially save Videls mom probably feels the best. Its up there with slapping Towa.
>>
How long do we have to visit Gohan?
>>
>>43626771
Second on seeing him and Annin as soon as possible!
>>
File: Piiza.png (86 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Piiza.png
86 KB, 250x250
>>43626108
That sounds serious. "I can, ah, try healing her if you'd like. I mean, I know it's supposed to treat injuries, but... well, at the very least it'll help her regain some of her strength."

"Hrmn... if you're sure. I mean, I guess it can't hurt!" Mark says hopefully.

The two of you head over, catching her attention, Goku heading over to the kids. The look on her face tells you she can kinda figure why you're heading over. "H-hey..."

"You know, you probably should be resting." you tell her in a very mom-ish tone. She laughs. "Look, there's no guarantee this will work... but I think we should at least try it."

The other woman looks at you curiously. "What's going to work?"

"Did M- er, Hercule ever tell you about the time I healed up Diavolo?" you ask. She gives you a bit of a surprised look, but isn't sure how to take it.

"I-it's... fine, Piiza. I trust her." Miguel says.

(cont.)
>>
File: GokuPoweringUp.png (297 KB, 739x416) Image search: [Google]
GokuPoweringUp.png
297 KB, 739x416
>>43626858
You place your hands forward and, just to make sure... you power up a bit, using the Raio-Ten. If you could heal a hole in Goku's chest, then you've got to try this, at the very least. A bluish glow surges from your hands... and suddenly Miguel seems completely fine. Better than ever, in fact. You grin wide. You did it. At least you think you did. Well... still, better safe than sorry. "You're probably back to full strength, but you might want to head to Capsule Corp. directly just in case. They've got some of the best medical tech on the planet, after all, and I'm sure Bulma wouldn't mind too much."

Mark looks at you with an overjoyed grin. "Heh, kid, you probably just saved my wife. I don't know how to thank you."

You just smile. "Least I can do, Hercule." You then glance back at Miguel. "...say, how infectious did your doctor think that was?"

She shrugs. "Doesn't really know. I might've gotten it from seafood, but at the very least it isn't airborne."

"Right... okay. Just want to be sure. I mean, we could have dealt with it in a number of ways, magical wish-granting orbs, or something, but... glad that I got to help directly."

>A. We'll be headed to Capsule Corp. soon, hope to see you there!
>B. We're going to give Goku's grandpa a little check soon, hope to see you again!
>C. We're actually about to visit some family soon, hope to see you again!
>D. Talk with Videl a bit, see how she's improved herself
>E. Something else?
>>
I can picture it now: This critical doesn't save her, but it gives us the chance to. When she finally succumbs to her illness, Mark comes to us and says he needs our help, because he knows we're the only ones he van really rely on.

We get Baba's help, and she sends us to Hell, and amidst the furious combat and terrible trials just to get to her soul, Mark steps forward and challenges Annin herself. We're getting worn down by the endless hordes of Hell, and Mark winning a fight against Annin is the only way we can save Miguel and still all get out alive.

There's no way he can beat her, though. He's just not strong enough. He's strong, but Annin is just so much stronger. But even so, Mark keeps fighting, and every time he's knocked down, he gets back up. And finally, after a long, bloody battle, Annin relents. She's seen the strength of his heart and character. Leading his wife back out of Hell, Mark adopts the fighting name of Mr. Satan, to commemorate his fight through hell, and little Videl will always remember how her daddy brought her mom back from the dead.
>>
>>43626889
>>B. We're going to give Goku's grandpa a little check soon, hope to see you again!
>>
>>43626889
First
>D. Talk with Videl a bit, see how she's improved herself

Then
>B. We're going to give Goku's grandpa a little check soon, hope to see you again!
>>
>>43626889
>B, but first D
>>
>>43626889
>>
>>43626889
>D
Then
>B
>>
>>43626889
>E. Something else?

Tell Hercule we're thankful he saved our Brother's ass against Magil.
>>
>>43626889
>B.
>>
If Maple stands on Tien and Launch's shoulders and they all do the tri-beam together, can we call it the Tri-Force Beam Triple Tech Attack?
>>
>>43626889
D then b please
>>
>>43627016
>Four witches
>More sholdiers
>>
File: Baby.jpg (3 KB, 137x90) Image search: [Google]
Baby.jpg
3 KB, 137x90
>>43627016
>>
File: Nibai Kikoho.png (203 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
Nibai Kikoho.png
203 KB, 600x848
>>43627049
Nibai Tri-Force Beam!
>>
>>43627016

Nine-Star beam.

...or something like that.
>>
>>43626889

>D. Let's see how Videl's improved.

Also, if we know about it, then I'll support >>43626964
>>
>>43627160
Cell Juniors would probably do this later on.

Cell using Raio-Ten against us and shows he perfected it.
>>
>>43626889
D then B
>>
File: Enertron.jpg (14 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Enertron.jpg
14 KB, 256x224
We need to build our own medical machine.

I know just the one!

Also our abundant supply of senzu (oil) beans means the hunger problem is solved!
>>
>>43627255
I don't think there will even be a Cell Sr. what with us having wiped out Leech.
>>
>>43627365
Our 'Android Saga' is going to be so damn warped we have no idea what to expect. And thats WITHOUT throwing in timetravel.
>>
>>43627365
Not one from this dimension.

We've probably got like thirty dozen alternate Cells.

A lot of dead time travelers at this point too.
>>
File: latest.png (1 MB, 1600x1985) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1 MB, 1600x1985
>>43627388
Well, hold onto your hat.
>>
>>43627365
Probably won't be a Goku either unless healing magic works on genetic disorders.
>>
>>43627409
Or no Alternate Cells, what with them having little reason for them to come to this timeline unless Gero busts out a new kind of Android.
>>
>>43627453
Never understood how a couple computer chips and a couple 'Energy Cells?' could transform him into a ginger blue Hulk.

'Its GeroMagic I don't got to explain shit!'
>>
>>43627388
And we're already seeking leads on Gero. Shit is going to be so far from canon it's going to be very interesting to see how Kato handles it.
>>
>>43627513
My guess, we end up fighting everybody with Towa and Gero doing gay ass shit in the background
>>
>>43627493
They take a wrong temporal fork from their target timeline/parallel reality and end up stranded in ours?
>>
>>43627555
Should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
>>
File: GrandpaGohan.jpg (62 KB, 576x932) Image search: [Google]
GrandpaGohan.jpg
62 KB, 576x932
>>43626889
"And hey, you saved my brother's ass that one time too." you mention with a grin. That gets a few laughs. "But... yeah. Head over to Capsule Corp. We're gonna be visiting Goku's grandpa in a while. Hope things go well for you all there."

"Hehahaha, sure, sure." Mark laughs, walking over to his wife and giving her a tight hug.

You yourself head to Videl, Goku, and your own kids. Peppa and Gohan are hanging on their father's arms while Videl floats around them excitedly. "Well, seems like someone has been training hard." Not as strong as the rest of the folks here, but... for a five year old girl, she's way stronger than the average human, even stronger than the average Tuffle. "Videl, mind showing me some things you've picked up?"

The girl looks at her parents first, who give her a nod of permission. She lands, taking a stance. "All right, here goes!" She tries for a strong kick to the side of your head, you blocking it easily, but there seems to be more strength behind it than you were expecting. She backs up midair and tries for a furious series of blows. She's good.

You carefully dodge away as she tries for her last punch, exhausting herself a bit. You then ruffle her hair. "Nice try, Videl. You're improving a lot. Maybe some day you'll be strong enough to beat us." you tell her, giving a nod to the girl's father. Mark nods at that.

The four of you then head off, telling Mark and his family you hope to see him again, and head towards Mount Five-Element. The kids are a bit spooked by the sights, but you and Goku just head past them and straight to the mountain. You sense grandpa Gohan's presence, but are a bit surprised to sense Annin as well... far, far more powerful than you remember her being. Power Level at... almost a million. You see her meditating, the old man standing by. "Ah, hello again! Boy, you two have great timing."

>A. Ask him how he's been
>B. Ask about Annin
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43627555

If we get canon cell he likely will take up drinking cause of the weird ass shit in this timeline.
>>
>>43627582
>>A. Ask him how he's been
>>B. Ask about Annin
"Wow, thats quite an increase in strength. Whats her secret?"
>>
>>43627582
How strong was Annin before?
>>
>>43627582
>B. Ask about Annin

>C. Sit down and meditate with Annin.

Can we work on controlling Raioken and speed up our awareness around us by going super-fast in a meditative manner?
>>
>>43627582
>>A. Ask him how he's been
>>B. Ask about Annin
>>
>>43627589
Canon Cell will take up drinking regardless.
>>
>>43627582
>B. Ask about Annin

>>43627636
Hah
>>
>Lightning
>Fire
>Wind
>Ice
>Water
Are those the elements the mountain represent?
>Darkness/Light
These two seem to exist apart of the other elements or purely by themselves and oppose each other.

There are other elements I imagine...

I wonder if a Cyborg can learn Metal based Magic?
>>
>>43627700
You're forgetting wood metal and earth
>>
>>43627700
Well, there's no water on the mountain, there is Earth though.
>>
>>43627738
Steam! Plenty of mist and steam on the mountain.
>>
>>43627700
Mt. Five Element was probably named by a person who didn't know that place is famous for Fire.

>Mt. Dumb Name
>>
>>43627761
Fire Mountain was already taken.

Plus it was beyond Frypan plains. Another hot place. So its gotta sound more exotic.
>>
>>43627700
>There are other elements I imagine...
Nope. Just like you said, those 5 and Darkness/Light

>I wonder if a Cyborg can learn Metal based Magic?
No, but there was that whole Machine Mutant thing in GT I suppose.
>>
>>43627700
Poison's an element.
>>
>>43627849
In Pokemon... Its more of a status effect.
>>
>>43627825
I want a T-1000 Maple fighting Ghost Warrior Brobro He died once. His anger and darkness went straight to the machine and informed Raichi everything up to King Piccolo. We revived him but it copied/stored the ghost's data in the machine.
>>
>>43627849
Fairy's an element.

You're a perfect example of that typing.
>>
>>43627700
There are six kinds of magic dealing with elements:
>Yellow has Tension (lightning, earthquake) spells
>Red has Fire spells
>Blue has Water and Ice spells
>Green has Wind and Nature spells
>Black has Poison and Dark spells
>White has shit like Holy and Meteor

http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Chrono_Cross_Elements
>>
>>43627986
In Chrono Cross...

This isn't Chrono Cross.
>>
File: Annin24.png (219 KB, 510x398) Image search: [Google]
Annin24.png
219 KB, 510x398
>>43627582
"How've you been, Gohan?" you ask. Your son gives you a confused look, then looks to the man himself. You pat his head. "You're named after him, kiddo. That's your great-grandpa."

The old man smiles as he approaches, a gentle hand patting the kid as well. "I've been quite busy, making sure Annin is protected while she gains her strength."

"Is that what she's been doing?" you question, glancing back at the meditating woman.

He nods. "King Kai has had me give her some special instructions, certain meditations that help beings like her access greater amounts of power. He's been worried about someone trying to tamper with the furnace. Especially with a certain someone on the loose." Gohan then gives a shy smile. "...I'll be returning fairly soon."

"Back to the afterlife?" Goku asks sadly. The old man nods. "I see... well grandpa, glad we got see you one last time."

"Ohoho my, it's been my pleasure seeing the two of you grow into a happy family, with such nice great-grandkids too." He asks to hold your son for a moment, and while the boy seems confused, he doesn't protest. "Is there anything else you wanted to come here for?"

>A. Think we might be able to learn such meditations?
>B. What'll you be doing once you get back?
>C. Anything you wanted to tell us?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43627881
The Destron Gas is like, nanomachines, right?
>>
>>43628026

I guess all the things.
>>
>>43628026
>>
>>43628026
>>
>>43628026
>>A. Think we might be able to learn such meditations?
>>B. What'll you be doing once you get back?
>>C. Anything you wanted to tell us?
>>D. Something else?
"Equal Exchange for the meditation training. We teach Annin to access Raio-Ten!"
>>
>>43628026
>>
>>43628015
Kato's using the elements from Chrono Trigger, we might as well go all in on where we're getting magic from. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have more elements unless an android blasts us with poisonous spores, but androids'll probably do that anyway.
>>
>>43628070
Might be difficult, raioken took a special process and I don't know if Annin has the telepathy needed for the other part.
>>
>>43628026
>D. Hey Goku, wanna see how far you've come compared to these two?
>>
>>43628113
She's using elements that have relation to what has been seen in Dragonball. Some things from Dragon Quest and Chrono Trigger come up but they must go through a Dragonball filter before getting in the quest. Not everything translates.

Hell she's already listed what elements are appearing.
http://ask.fm/QMKato/answer/133809313962
>>
>>43628151
>There have to be limits on what magic is capable of
Also, what are Senzu Beans and the Tree of Might? Magic plants.
>>
>>43628229
Also the Kai tree, and that tree in HFIL with the fruit.
>>
File: KAIO-KEN.gif (838 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
KAIO-KEN.gif
838 KB, 500x281
>>43628026
"Think you might be able to teach us that meditation skill? We could Equ-"

"No, sorry." Gohan shakes his head. "Only those with a significant amount of Divine Ki, God Ki, can truly utilize it. Kami himself doesn't have enough, but Annin does. King Kai had to pull a lot of strings to even get knowledge of the skill himself."

Damn. Guess that's something to ponder on later. "Well... what'll you be doing when you get back to the afterlife?"

The old man smiles. "Oh I have some things in mind. King Kai has invited myself, Izumi, and Mutaito to train on the planet of the Grand Kai, with his previous students."

"Wow, for real? That's awesome, grandpa!" Goku shouts excitedly, wide grin on his face and tail giving a happy sway.

"Ahshum!" Peppa mimics, mirroring her father's movements.

"Oh I'm nothing special yet. Nowhere near as strong as some of the Earth's older heroes, like Olibu." grandpa Gohan laughs.

"Then... is there anything else you might want to tell us?" Can't hurt to ask.

"Ah, King Kai did mention that you should learn to master the higher states of the Kaio-ken, Maple. In fact... maybe try to combine it with your Raio-Ten skill. You can probably handle the first level of it now." he answers with a grin. Interesting. "Some of your friends have already gotten a head start on mastering the higher states."

>A. Thanks, Gohan, glad we could meet again
>B. One more question?
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43628151
Doesn't Shenron use Earth Magic for rebuilding the planet and Nature Magic for restoring its environment? Maybe Kami could teach us stuff like that.
>>
>>43628410
>>
>>43628229
>>43628302
Neither of which are "Wood Magic."

>>43628417
He does not.

We're not using Chrono Cross's Elements.
>>
>>43628410
>>A. Thanks, Gohan, glad we could meet again
>>
>>43628450
So we can create magic plants if we train our materialization magic?
>>
>>43628410
>A
"Kick ass up there and tell Teach to do the same!"
>>
>>43628450
Isn't the soil that grows the Senzus a bunch of magical dirt?
>>
>>43628450
Water's not an elemental magic seen in Dragon Ball.
>>
>>43628410
>>
File: AquaRing.png (622 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
AquaRing.png
622 KB, 1024x768
>>43628517
It'll be a long time before you can do something like that.

>>43628616
Enchanted the same way your Clothes Beam can enchant things.

>>43628634
It is.
>>
File: Annin15.png (78 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Annin15.png
78 KB, 320x240
>>43628410
"Thanks, Gohan. Glad we could meet again." You place your fist forward. "Kick ass up there, and tell Teacher to do the same!"

He taps your fist with his own. "I'll remember to, hohohoh! And good luck to you as well."

"Heh, I know you'll do great, grandpa!" the monkey boy comments.

"And I know you'll do great too, Goku."

"And I would prefer it if you all could be just a bit quieter." Annin mumbles.

"Ah, s-sorry!" Goku gives a quiet shout of surprise. Well... woops. Your family heads out, Gohan and Peppa giving little yawns as you carry them. "Well, that was fun. What do you think, Maple? Got some ideas?"

>A. I'm gonna take his advice, see if I can use the Kaio-ken while I have the Raio-Ten active
>B. Well, I've tried Kaio-ken x4, but maybe I can master up to x5 by the Tournament...
>C. Wanna head to Capsule Corp. for a while, see how they're doing
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43628809
>A. I'm gonna take his advice, see if I can use the Kaio-ken while I have the Raio-Ten active
Takes priority but we should at least keep mastering Kaio-ken levels on the back burner. They will be extremely important.

Think we could at least master x3 or x4 before the tourney even if we do A Kato?
>>
>>43628809
>>A. I'm gonna take his advice, see if I can use the Kaio-ken while I have the Raio-Ten active
>>
>>43628809
>>A. I'm gonna take his advice, see if I can use the Kaio-ken while I have the Raio-Ten active
>>B. Well, I've tried Kaio-ken x4, but maybe I can master up to x5 by the Tournament...
>>
>>43628809
>>
>>43628809
I want to do both but if we can't.
takes it for me.
>>
Hmm, we could go times twenty then. That'd be good
>>
>>43628809
>>B. Well, I've tried Kaio-ken x4, but maybe I can master up to x5 by the Tournament...
Let's get the higher levels of Kaio-ken as well as combining it with Raio-ten
>>
Okay folks, roll me 2d20, DC 15 for both, best of five.
>>
Rolled 14, 4 = 18 (2d20)

>>43628980
pls
>>
Rolled 9, 13 = 22 (2d20)

>>43628980
>>
Rolled 2, 15 = 17 (2d20)

>>43628980
>>43628990
rekt
>>
Rolled 2, 6 = 8 (2d20)

>>43628980
>plz bitch
>>
Rolled 10, 19 = 29 (2d20)

>>43628952

Come on tuffle luck.
>>
Rolled 3, 13 = 16 (2d20)

>>43628980
>>
Rolled 11, 11 = 22 (2d20)

>>43628980
Come on.
>>
Mannn. Someone find a +1 mod somewhere.
>>
>>43629040
Maybe if we activate the oxygen in our muscles
>>
>>43628990
>>43628998
>>43629003
>>43629009
>>43629016
Well, good news and bad news...

Writing...
>>
Rolled 1, 20 = 21 (2d20)

>>43628990
>>
Holy fuck guys. Any of you niggas live in Paris. Its getting lit the fuck up right now.
>>
>>43629055
So was the DC higher cause we overreached?
>>
>>43629057
Heaven or Hell!

Lets rock!
>>
>>43629058
Que?
>>
>>43628417
So far, the only thing in Dragon Ball that is shown to be capable of using Earth Magic is moles
>>
>>43629058
I'm aware, but this isn't the place for discussing all that.
>>
>>43629057
...this is almost impressive with the amount of fuck you and fuck yes there would be. No offense, but kinda glad you were late on this one.
>>
>>43629067
Individually either would have been DC 13.
>>
>>43629075
Terrorism. Check the news.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43629088
>>
Konpei has some measure of god ki does he not? Pass that on to Annin. Maybe they can help each other and we can establish another portal with Korin? Get our celestial team be able to work together much quicker.
>>
File: Kaio-ken_Kamehameha_1.jpg (14 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
Kaio-ken_Kamehameha_1.jpg
14 KB, 300x166
>>43628809
You decide to try both the things Gohan mentioned, first attempting using the Kaio-ken while already having the Raio-Ten active. You almost manage it, but... gods, it's hard. It almost completely drains your stamina first time you do that. Guess you'll need some more practice before you're capable of it, but you came close.

Your attempt to master the regular Kaio-ken goes much better, with you mastering up to a Kaio-ken x5. It might not be there just yet, but, some day you might be able to manage both techniques at the same time. Might even make you capable of matching Goku with his Super Saiyan power.

A month before the Tournament starts, you and Goku are called to Kame House with most of your other friends. Even Piccolo and Raditz end up showing up, and seems Goku's brother has been doing well for himself. Apparently, Krillin has been talking with Lapis and Lazuli and they decided they need a "pressing matter" to discuss: just what to call your little group.

(cont.)
>>
File: Krillin-casual.png (226 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Krillin-casual.png
226 KB, 576x432
>>43629746
"I mean, we've got members from the Turtle School, Crane School, Satan Castle, we've got Piccolo and Raditz, we have to pick something that really fits our group, you know?" Krillin says, arms crossed.

"Well, have you thought of anything?" Tien asks, drinking a glass of water.

"Lapis and Lazuli have thought that 'Z Fighters' sounds pretty cool." Krillin comments, the other twins nodding in agreement. Chuu Lee seems to like it as well, as does your brother and Chi-chi.

"Eh, maybe something better. Like... 'Earth's Special Forces.'" Yajirobe comments, munching on some steak. ...Wait, where did he even get that? In any case, Mark kinda likes that, Piccolo gives a low grunt you've come to understand is begrudging approval.

"Hmm..." Bulma starts, then points to the Four-Star Ball symbol on your kids' hats. "I dunno, what about... 'Dragon Ball Team' or... hrmn... maybe just 'Dragon Team?'" Yamcha, Pantea, Videl, and your own kids seem to like it.

Goku leans back, looking at you. "What do you think, Maple?"

>A. "Z Fighters" sounds good!
>B. "Earth's Special Forces," huh? Like the sound of that
>C. "Dragon Team" sounds awesome!
>D. Actually, got another idea... (write in)
>E. Something else?
>>
>>43629766
>C. "Dragon Team" sounds awesome!
"I mean the Dragonballs are what brought most of us together right?"

Z fighters seems...random.
>>
>>43629766
>>
>>43629766
>>B. "Earth's Special Forces," huh? Like the sound of that

E warriors!
>>
>>43629766
>>A. "Z Fighters" sounds good!
>>
>>43629766

>D. Or E?

Well, considering we're a defensive force, maybe something with "Rangers" in the title. I mean, we are technically ranging Earth, right?
>>
>>43629766
>B.
How about Earth Special Defense Force?
>>
>>43629766
>A.

Z Warriors

Take the Z out of Frieza and you Free...a lot of people.

>Maple you need to work on spelling...

>You need to work on a better name!
>>
>>43629766
>D. Actually, got another idea... (write in)
Dragon Force Z
>>
>>43629766
>>
>>43629766
>>
Wait, is Yajirobe officially in Crane School?
>>
>>43629766
>E. Why do we need to be called anything?

This is dumb. Z Fighters is dumb.
>>
>>43629766
Think we could squeeze in finishing the Raio-ten + Kaio-ken before the tournament? I bet you 5 Zeni that Tien is already on top of that.

On a side note I like how I am more worried about the tournament and one upping our friends than the evil Saiyans. Probably cause doing the former makes the latter much, much easier.
>>
>>43629944
Having an official group name does lend some legitimacy to us as a group. I mean, we're the closest thing to this planet's security team. And if we ever have friction with the PTO or the Galactic King we can claim sovereignty
>>
>>43629766
Supporting >>43629831

>Pancake catchpa
Catchpa agrees!
>>
>>43630022
We're already a legitimate group. Do you and your friends have a name for your collective selves?
>>
>>43630045
Yes
>>
>>43630045
Do yours routinely save the world?
>>
>>43630053
well what is it?
>>
>>43630045
For some activities yes
>>
>>43630045
Well me and my friends aren't a legitimate group.

Fucking MOBA teams, 5 men groups that play video games professionally have team names. Also if we actually give certain people the title of "Earth defender" or whatever it means they're expected to show the fuck up and help when a global crisis occurs. Which is why Bulma and Roshi should be members of a "support branch"
>>
>>43630063
Lizard Squadron.
>>
>>43629766
>Earth Special Forces, pose while saying it
>>
>>43629766
>E. 3rd Rock Saints
>>
File: 1440042823480.gif (3 MB, 300x159) Image search: [Google]
1440042823480.gif
3 MB, 300x159
>>43630157
>>
>>43629766
>E. Kami's Angels
>E. The Z-Team
>A.
>>
>>43629766
b
>>
>>43629766
>E. The Winds of Protection
>>
File: Godcule.png (483 KB, 620x429) Image search: [Google]
Godcule.png
483 KB, 620x429
I say we call ourselves Gold Team!
>>
>>43629766
>E. Krillmaster and the Magnificent Seven Stars
Cuz there are seven dragonballs and they have stars on them
>>
>>43629766
>E. We're calling ourselves Dragonforce and that's the end of it.
>>
>>43630227
>But Krillin. You only have six dots on your head.

>>43630247
Stronger then even Katchin!
>>
>>43629766
>A. "Z Fighters" sounds good!
>E. But we should decide this through Janken. The regular kind.
>>
>>43630073
The idea of a team name implies organization, and some sort of rank and file, and that's fine if you're talking about a school or a company, but having a team name for a bunch of random friends we have just to have a name doesn't make sense for any reason other than to be exclusionary towards other people. The purpose needs to come before the name.
>>
Liam's UNSTOPPABLE MEGA DEVIL WARRIORS OF DESTRUCTION.
>>
>>43629766
>E. Souten no Yamas, "Mountains of the Blue Sky"
Cuz we stand at the top of and support the world
>>
>>43630307
Merchandising man. That's the purpose. Being cool. That's the secondary. Tertiary:

"I, the Galactic King, as your ruler --"

"Eh, you don't rule us."

"Who are you."

"We're ESF and we're an independent organization intent on keeping Earth a sovereign planet."
>>
File: DrSlumpKami.png (12 KB, 131x153) Image search: [Google]
DrSlumpKami.png
12 KB, 131x153
>>43629766
You rub your chin. "Not gonna lie... 'Earth's Special Forces' has a nice ring to it. Though... maybe something a bit different. Yajirobe, how do you think 'Earth Special Defense Force' sounds?"

"Sounds pretty cool, if you ask me." Yajirobe says with a smile.

"That does have a kinda nice sound to it." Lapis comments. His sister and Chuu Lee give him a little glare. "...what? It does."

"You know, I like it too. Yajirobe, Maple, good thinking." Krillin says with a smile.

After a while, everyone comes to an agreement on the name. "ESF/ESDF" it is, though not everyone is on-board with a "team pose" for it. Piccolo vehemently against it. After it's settled, you're all surprised to be greeted by Trip... and Kami. And another individual, looking a little bit like Master Roshi.

"So, they are indeed fairly powerful, like you mentioned." the other man comments. "But... the Saiyan couldn't even defeat Arale..."

...oh shit.

"You need help with this, do you not?" the aged Namekian comments. "Ah, perhaps some explanations are in order...

>A. We're all ears
>B. If you don't mind me asking, are, you the Kami of the Earth with Penguin Village in it?
>C. Something else?
>>
>>43630378
I like the sentiment but wouldn't we want the earth to be an active member of the galactic community?
>>
>>43630401
>A. We're all ears
>>
>>43630401
>C. Settle things with Piccolo via telepathic rock-paper-scissors.
>>
Sweet I'm actually catching one live.
>>
>>43630421
I'm a fucking American.

It's in my blood to hate royalty, even space royalty.

We can be allies with the Galactic King, but he ain't my king.

Freedom ain't free!
>>
>>43630401
>A
>>
>>43630401
>>B. If you don't mind me asking, are, you the Kami of the Earth with Penguin Village in it?
>>
>>43630401
>>A. We're all ears
>>
File: zorn.jpg (9 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
zorn.jpg
9 KB, 180x280
>>43630401

>A. We're all ears
>B. If you don't mind me asking, are, you the Kami of the Earth with Penguin Village in it?
>C. Something else?

Does he have God Ki as well?

"To be fair Arale seems to function on rules different from ki, magic and on a level entirely different from power levels."

Could we zap up Earth Defense Force Armor with a mixtur of our clothes?

Could we do a cape like Zorn?
>>
>>43630401
Why is Maple rubbing her chin- godaingert, get that old man beard off your face
>>
>>43630450
Pretty sure we aren't doing matching uniforms man.
>>
>>43630439
Okay but what if the king was a dog? Unlike politicians you know you can trust a dog.
>>
>>43630469
I figured we should zap up weighted armor for our team. Get them used to how Saiyans and the PTO members fight.

No one has here has yet to be massacred. Who knows maybe Yamcha will wanna give the armor a try with his his gi.
>>
>>43630401
>C. Is it too late to call ourselves "Dragonforce"?
>>
>>43630401
>A
>>
>>43630401
>A. We're all ears
>>
>Just Earth?
"No we're a defense force from Earth. Not just a defense force for Earth."

"Oh."
>>
>>43630546
Okay but what makes this earth defense force special?
>>
>>43630557
We have transformations and pew pew lasers instead of tanks and jets.
>>
>>43630546
Dragonforce is a way better name than that jobber title. All self defense forces don't do well against the thing they're defending against.
>>
>>43630557
most of us have a power level of at least 2 raditz
>>
>>43630604
Some are even in the deca-raditz range
>>
>>43630604
>>43630626
Even our Raditz is over 2 Raditz in power.
>>
>>43630602
Nah, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangerz is better.
>>
>>43630557

I just realized, can't most of the main cast here hit at a level stronger than Captain Ginyu at this point? Only transformed, mind, but seeing how much relevance was put on them by Frieza, doesn't that mean that we are still fairly special among the galaxy's fighters as being able to get ridiculously strong? Still have to work towards Frieza tier of course, but it is a good marker still.
>>
>>43630636
I feel kinda bad saying that now that he's our ally, on the other hand it rolls of the tongue nicely and is a convenient measurement system.
>>
>>43630636
Yet he is still "the Raditz" of our group.
>>
>>43630659
Frieza tier, cell tier, android tier, grand kai tier, buu tier, babidi tier, beelz tier, towa tier
>>
>>43630659
Each of the Armored Squadron's members are still stronger than Frieza's first form.
>>
>>43630708
We're at 209,000 transformed, so it is still something.
>>
>>43630643
Goku gets a giant Red monkey zord
Maple gets a giant orange bunny zord
Chichi gets pink ox
Tien gets violet crane
Chiaotzu gets white fox
Yamcha gets Blue Wolf
Krillin would get yellow tortoise
Piccolo get Green Samurai Godzilla Dragon
We may need to give him his own Saba instead of a flute dagger.
Goku gets a Gold Ranger Battlelizer power up mid-season.
>>
>>43630659
Correct. Everyone who has learned Raio-ten has the strength to trash Ginyu.

>Tfw even if our Goku was 50x stronger he could still be one-shotted by 100% strength Freeza
>>
>>43630769
The random 90k to 3 million zenkai he got after fighting Ginyu saved ALOT of training time.
>>
>>43630819
i guess Gohan had alot of anger to work out.
>>
>>43630819
That gives me an idea: What if we convince Goku to let us beat him up and heal him repeatedly?
>>
>>43630819
The power of plot convenience is one of the greatest in the universe

and Toriyama is bad at writing
>>
File: gokumouthtime.jpg (8 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
gokumouthtime.jpg
8 KB, 189x267
>>43630855
Tuesday Night.
>>
>>43630857
Dragonball was actually pretty good.
>>
>>43630759
What about brobro? Or are we so short we need help piloting our zord
>>
>>43630881
Brobro and Masamune unite to become Masked Rider Masamune.

Lapis and Lazuli become Beetleborgs with Chuu Lee.
>>
>>43630867
Hot.
>>
File: AraleNorimaki01.png (167 KB, 316x361) Image search: [Google]
AraleNorimaki01.png
167 KB, 316x361
>>43630401
You approach the old man, Roshi giving a double-take as he finally notices the figure. "If you don't mind me asking, are, you the Kami of the Earth with Penguin Village in it?"

"Indeed I am." he answers with a nod. "If that's what you prefer to call it."

"Well! We're all ears then, right folks?" You get a lot of nods for that.

"Then I shall be blunt: we have a threat coming in a few months. Someone has notified us of a being capable of mimicking the traits of others to gain power. It threatens our world... and potentially more."

Your and Acer's eyes go wide. Your brother elbows you in the shoulder. "Sis... Jiya mentioned something like that, didn't he?"

"Shapeshifter, yeah, but... well, they might not be related. But better not to take a chance." you comment. You explain a bit to those uninformed on what you're talking about.

The human Kami strokes his beard curiously. "Then... yes, that might be it. The person who warned us seemed to know about this 'Towa' person. Though what I could tell from his mind is that she's not related to the current incident... yet."

"'Yet?'" Goku repeats. "So... Towa would be able to team up with this thing?"

"Potentially." your own, Namekian Kami mentions. "Some time after the upcoming Tournament, I believe it would be helpful for some of you to look into this matter."

"Well, this sounds like fun!" Goku states with a grin, but then stops. "Ah, if you'd be okay with that, Maple. I mean, I know you can beat Vegeta and Nappa without my help, and maybe I'll be back before then."

>A. Hah, of course, monkey boy, we'll be fine
>B. I dunno, I'd kinda prefer you being here...
>C. Who else is going with?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>43630953
>>A. Hah, of course, monkey boy, we'll be fine
>>C. Who else is going with?
>>
>>43630953
>>
>>43630953
And why does captcha always have food? Is it fat? Does 4chan need to have a talk with it's daughter?
>>
>>43630953
D. Actually, I was thinking of letting the others fight them so they can get their asses beat. Then, me and Launch will arrest them until the proper authorities can arrive.
>>
>>43630953
"The Earth Defense Force can split itself into two groups. One deals with our first 'mission' the 'Saiyan Invasion!'. The second team will deal with this mysterious shape-shifting threat!"
>>
>>43630953
>A
>C
"Kick some ass monkey boy, we'll do the same."
>>
>>43630953
Give him a kiss. "But thanks for worrying."
>>
>>43631006
Nah, we challenged Vegeta, we should be there.
>>
If Human Kami, Namekian Kami and Maple and Acer all scry with our fore-sight together with Baba we could find the shape-shifter.
>>
>>43630953
This>>43631024
>>
>>43630953
Supporting
"The Dragon Force can split itself into two groups. One deals with our first 'mission' the 'Saiyan Invasion!'. The second team will deal with this mysterious shape-shifting threat!"
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.