[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Icon - M2E.png (200 KB, 216x217) Image search: [Google]
Icon - M2E.png
200 KB, 216x217
Because it deserves a thread!

Malifaux 2E Rule books:
http://www.4shared.com/folder/ZjseomJQ/2E_online.html

Through the Breach (RPG):
Fated Almanac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K0-Hahmqk3U0xIRUxCdTNfQmc/edit
Fatemasters Almanac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8K0-Hahmqk3emJUTF9yaE9uLW8/edit

So why is Outcast the best faction?
>>
File: barbaros.png (551 KB, 519x655) Image search: [Google]
barbaros.png
551 KB, 519x655
>>43621825
Black friday special edition Barbaros
>>
File: drmcmourning.png (494 KB, 519x659) Image search: [Google]
drmcmourning.png
494 KB, 519x659
>>43622024
DrMcMourning
>>
File: Firestarter.jpg (73 KB, 697x855) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter.jpg
73 KB, 697x855
>>43622034
Firestarter
>>
File: francisco.png (702 KB, 625x843) Image search: [Google]
francisco.png
702 KB, 625x843
>>43622049
and Francisco!
>>
>>43621825
because tara a cute
>>
>>43622024
how do black friday specials work. Do you buy them online?
>>
>>43623559
Yes. They'll close their online store, then open it up for the BF with all the specials on it. Then close it for a while, and work on sending this shit.
>>
I'm thinking about getting the Barbaros, since I already have Zoraida for Gremlins.
>>
How's this look for a Master learning list?

Gremlins
50ss Crew

Ophelia LaCroix -- 5ss

Young LaCroix x 2 - 4ss

Bayou Gremlin - 3ss

Burt Jebsen - 7ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss

Francois LaCroix - 7ss
+Stilts - 1ss

Mancha Roja - 10ss

Rami LaCroix - 7ss

Raphael LaCroix - 7ss
+Dirty Cheater - 1ss
>>
Is it wrong that I want more luchador Gremlin stuff to go with Mancha?
>>
>>43622378
as a new player I'm interested in both Tara and Leviticus. I've heard neither is ideal for new players, would you recommend either over the other?
>>
>>43628175

Probably Levy. You have to be careful about positioning your waifs and anchors, but you get a very resilient Master (since he keeps reviving) who can wreck shit.

Tara's a lot more finicky.
>>
>>43628175
I know Leviticus is the harder or the two to learn.
>>
>>43628247
>>43628257
I feel i'm getting slightly conflicting information here!

How dependent is Levy on good usage of the Pariah upgrades?
>>
>>43628480

You don't need to ever use either Pariah upgrade. You get some nice options out of them but they're not at all key to his effectiveness.
>>
>>43628480

Tara is weird because she fucks constantly with buried models, activation order, and AP via fast and slow. She requires a lot of finesse to do what she wants to do.

Levi is weird since you want him to die, and die often. You also need to manage your 6 soul stone anchor models very carefully or you're fucked.

Both are far from the norm in terms of how Masters work. As for which to choose go with the one that you think you could pilot best. Might not be a bad idea to play some proxy games to get a feel for them.
>>
Do you guys think Collodi, Zoraida, Lynch, and Pandora would make a versatile roster of Neverborn Masters?
>>
>>43628865
Yes
Collodi can run scheme missions rather well with Marionette and Performer or do kill mission, Zoraida can do most Crew intensive missions, Lynch can do Support and kills through Henchman while Pandora can defend herself against aggressive missions.

You also don't really need a specific master to do schemes you can do all Mission with any master but certain master just make them way easier.
>>43628480
Tara makes use of two non-common effects, burying and fast/slow.
Making use of burying forces you to learn when to not kill, when to hide your own models and what cards to save.
The fast and slow abilities require setting up positions, knowing what you can speed up without killing yourself, what of your models needs more movement.

Levictus plays a weird attrition, has a wide list of models, a mix of aggressive and defensive and is Card intensive.
As most of his, Rusty and his thematic crew abilities discard your own Cards, often you will struggle to hit everytime (something which can infuriate new players), this card discard can be canceled but requires killing your own guys.
His abilities also wants you to play aggressive, dealing yourself wounds to hit and kill things, even summon sometimes, and disappearing to attack where you are needed.
But this will summon a fragile peon to run and hide.
His Crew selection is both harder as you first have a greater pool (which you don't need to choose from) and likes you more for fielding 7 Points minions.
My advice, go with what you like the look more of.
>>
I've heard it said that the Dreamer is presently hampered as a summoner because a lot of the good models for it aren't out in plastic yet. Does anyone have a quick summary of what's missing?
>>
>>43634138
Stitched Together, Insidious Madness, Lelu, Lilitu & the Widow Weaver (though the plastic for her is right around the corner).
I have the metals for all of the above, and he's still not super great. Just because you can summon a lot of stuff doesn't mean you're going to have the AP to do everything at once. Freikorps, Ortegas and any shooty crew will still blow you to swill cheese if you can't lock down their nastier ranged guys.
>>
>>43634294

I believe Widow Weaver is already out.

I've seen her in my store.
>>
>>43634924
Its been out for a while now, I believe.

The Widow Weaver is strange, that she's thematically part of the Dreamer's crew, but she doesn't bring a whole lot to it. She plays better with other masters.
>>
>>43635974
>>43634924
She's been out, but at least in my parts, she's akin to the Victorias box...a thing of legend that appears and disappears immediately from the store shelves.
>>
>>43635974
From the top of my head.
She reduces WP passivly which can help the dreamer paralyze shit and let his other minions hit more accuratly.
So models with 5 WP can suddendly be paralyzed with is plain funny.
By creating Wicked dolls you can try to keep up with activation to ensure when you finally summon the other player won't be in a position to alpha strike your 1 wd model.
>>
>>43637808
Also her being ppushed forward helps setting up her markers.
>>
So do we just buy the Black Friday special models, or are they gated as bonuses behind spending money on Wyrd's web store?
>>
>>43640997
We don't know.
>>
>>43640997
With how many there are, Wyrd will probably sell them. But the might hold one back as an incentive.
>>
Question: Where does one even begin when building a Lucius crew? I'm not sure how everything comes together. Primarily as a Neverborn master, but Guild advice is fine too.
>>
>>43644542
I first look at the strategy and what they require. Fast models for extractions, many models for reconnoiter, tough or few models for Turf war or reckoning...
Having formed a rough idea of how many models I going to take I look at the schemes, which does require you to have a feel for the game and what you like to actually play.
General rundown and buylist of Lucius in Neverborn or Guild:
If beginning the starter provides a good intro and you might be able to use everything easily (one always will be your faction while the Counterpart are also mercs)
Lucius likes all kind of minions letting them do an obscene amount of stuff, by virtue of him just Walking or him forcing them to do stuff.
But he also is great at playing the objectives letting his guildsmen and mimics do them or deny them to your enemies.
In Neverborn he likes the beckoners and Illuminated to deal massive amount of damages without someone doing anything, while he can use his abilities to put the beatstick (Young Nephilims and Illuminated) in positions,
Unique to him is the ability to take with him Guild models.
With darshel you can make gunline which can be quite unexpected in Neverborn, Austringer can help attack from unexpected angles or push even more models into Position, Guild Pathfinder can help funnel models into Areas where you want them to be (Widow Weaver can prepare killzones beforehand).
In Guild Lucius can take with him mimics foremost here are the Doppelgängers and Beckoners, both models which can force to game to follow your demands by either ensuring you hit first, or moving both your models and enemies models freely.
Good first buyes:
Beckoners can show movement shenanigans and have some CA ranged.
Guild Rifleman have great synergy with Darshel and can be taken always.
Play some games and then just buy what you like visually.
>>
>>43646074

Thanks for that. Would've responded sooner but I took a nap.
>>
Thinking of starting this up. Is the starter kit worth it, or should I just get a regular box?
>>
>>43647476
It is good enough especially if you want to learn the game with a Buddy as you'll have everything you need and it does provide a good introduction .
But if you are not interested in those factions or you want to start the game alone, taking a crewbox you like the look of works too.
>>
>>43647476
>>43647611
It should be mentioned that all the models in the 2 player starter are mercenaries that can be hired in other factions. That said, they are not the best mercenaries out there, and you are limited to 2 mercs in your crew.
>>
>>43637808
I forgot about her upgrade.

I'm not saying she's bad for the Dreamer, I'm just saying that she offers a bit more for the other masters.

Which isn't a bad thing. It does get a little annoying when you get an abundance of things that only work for one specific crew build. Its fun, but generalists are also needed, otherwise you keep playing the same lists.
>>
>>43626413
You need more bayou gremlins. They are the Skinks of Malifaux. You should always have more.
>>
>>43626413
Add Lenny instead of Mancha
>>
>>43651780
What are you guys thoughts on pigs?
Are they only useful with Ulix? I want more movement-sheninigans with my gremlins, but I don't know a way to convert roosterriders.
>>
Do people have custom markers for schemes, corpses and scrap? I'm using wyrds coloured bases as markers but it complicated to differentiate between marker types.
>>
File: markers.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
markers.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43651841

saw these in a thread awhile ago. Not had time to use them myself, but could be interesting maybe.
>>
File: terrorbird01.jpg (50 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
terrorbird01.jpg
50 KB, 600x502
>>43651825
Get some of these and a pack of bayou gremlins, you need more of them always.
Pigs are great but requires a hog whisperer or Somer to work if you want to mix gremlins and pigs. It's not were efficient though. (Unless you take a pigapult list, since they utilise the power of SKYBORN PORKRAIDS)
>>
>>43651896
Nice! I guess you print them and glue to cardboard to get stability. I might try these later today!
>>
>>43651899
Seconding DEATH BY HEAVENLY BACON. It FN and versatile. You just need a taxidermist, because the only thing better than pork bombs are exploding pork bombs.
>>
>>43647476
Get a kit that looks/sounds fun. Almost everything is competitive in malifaux so it's mostly down to personal preference. I would like to put in a good word for Ten Thunders since they tend to get less time in the spotlight, but are magnificent. :)
>>
>>43651825
Lenny is a good substitute as he can toss dudes pretty far up the board. If you really want movement I can vouch for Hitchhiking Baseball using gracie with a saddle and Lenny to move and toss gremlins up the board quite quickly.
>>
Finally a malifaux-thread! You all need to check out the armybuilding app Into the breach. Really usefull stuff!
>>
Does anybody have a opinion on Plasticraft terrain? I am a bit cautious that it's flimsy , but am afraid that it's the only way to get my own cityblock without resorting to selling black tar heroin.
>>
>>43652416
My gaming club got a bunch in, but they said it might be too fragile for club use, so they are saving it for tournaments, they said it would be good for personal use, but not heavy use.
>>
>>43651896
I made these a while back. They're for laser cutting. The red lines are the cut path while the blue areas are engraved.
>>
>>43651825
Pigapult and Lenny can either toss or summon models far away.
The pigs all have their uses, a warpig with a the stickguys can charge all over the place.
>>43652011
Malifaux thread die by themselves is noone is around to CPR it every 5 hours.
I only see the use for it if trying to theorycraft.
If I actually play the game making a list forces me to search my cards from there adding to 50 is easy.
>>43652416
The newer ones are quite robust.
>>43653571
You're the dreamer guy, right?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.