[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27
File: Celestial Vindicator.jpg (387 KB, 1280x1076) Image search: [Google]
Celestial Vindicator.jpg
387 KB, 1280x1076
Age of Sigmar General

Celestial Vindcator say hi edition

Archaon incoming, so next Battletome should be? Warrior of Chaos?

>>resources
pastebin.com/sQ5NryL7
>>
>>43620472
>next Battletome

Probably WOC.

Small chance it's something else, but given the state of the current lore, it's time for him to show up.

After him probably Undead / TK.
>>
How does it feel to have a game that can't sell its starter boxes still outsell WHFB.
>>
File: AOS Black Ark Fleetmaster.jpg (114 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
AOS Black Ark Fleetmaster.jpg
114 KB, 873x627
>>43621511
>How does it feel to have a game that can't sell its starter boxes still outsell WHFB.

It feels pretty good getting all these nice models for dirt cheap.

Shit going on Ebay for next to nothing. Entire armies that would have retailed around $500 going for $100.
>>
>>43621511
Proof that they were right to dump WHFB? WHFB was a terrible seller. It's a shame it's gone, but the choice was dumping it or having a new setting. As obviously it wasn't selling in it's current guise.

Fuck knows thou.

>>43620472
I just noticed how insane Seraphon are. Saurus Guard + Eternity Warden are insane, if you then get two more units of Saurus Guard, you run a formation which turns their weapons to D3 damage if they don't move, plus re-rolling saves and shit.

Shame Skinks are shit. Chameleon Skinks are amazing thou. Skink Handlers make Salamanders and Razordons amazing. Bastildons are great, Ark of Sotek is fucking awful thou. Stegadons are great. Engine of the Gods is insane. Skink Starseer are great too.

Shame Saurus are a bit.... eh. I have a question, you can't mix and match weapons in one unit, right? I can't have 10 Saurus with Clubs and another 10, in same unit, with Spears? The Spear equipped units is essentially the same as LotR.

Which is funny, as LotR isn't dead. GW are releasing new kits and stuff for them.
>>
>you can't mix and match weapons in one unit, right? I can't have 10 Saurus with Clubs and another 10, in same unit, with Spears?
Doesn't make much sense considering you get to choose which ones are removed from the battlefield (ie, people would only equip the front "rank")
>>
Lizardmen when?
>>
>>43622196
>>43622069
Nvm, apparently now. I haven't followed oS at all. How are they in this?
>>
File: 1447186144541.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447186144541.png
127 KB, 600x600
>>43622204
What do you mean? Tabletop ability or fluff?

Tabletop, they seem really good. Kroak is insane, especially combined with an Astrolith Standard (if the Standard bearer doesn't move, adds 8" to the range of a Slann spell, Kroak can do a 3D6" range spell which does 2D6 damage to all units in range, so this can be at least 11" or 26" max). Slann can summon endless supplies of Seraphon (Lizardmen) to the battlefield every turn. Which is fantastic, obviously.

All Skink armies are basically dead. Skink Chiefs no longer exist. Only named characters are Kroak. Other than that, they're great on tabletop, not that I've played, but some of their abilities are good. Think of them as Grey Knights of Fantasy. They do more damage to Chaos Daemons.

As for fluff.

1. Escape on giant space ships at End Times
2. Travel for Aeons in the stars, Slann go emo over failing Old Ones. All the Lizardmen on the ship die, bar the Slann.
3. Dracolithon (Father of Stardrakes) sees them and goes to investigate, hears the Slann thoughts which is a mix of sadness and rage.
4. Dracolithon roars in sadness due to this and the Slann wake up and follow him to the Azyr Realm.
5. Slann wake up and manage to harness the power of the Stars, becoming Super Saiyan Mages due to it.
6. So powerful are they now, they summon entire armies of Lizardmen from their memories and can keep summoning them, as many as they want, for as long as they want.
7. Now called Seraphon (don't Google it with safe search off) they're Daemons of Order. Essentially a nod back to WHFB when Gods of Order existed. They now battle Chaos wherever they are.
8. Slann are still muddled in the head, as the time that has passed is so long and they're so powerful now that past and future merge together so they can't tell the present. If they shake it off, they basically curbstomp everything.
9. Slann now view the Mortal Realms as a gameboard to defeat Chaos. Plus GW mentioned Pepe and "Just as Planned" meme in WD.
>>
>>43622292
That fluff is actually pretty ballin desu senpai
>>
>>43622292
>6. So powerful are they now, they summon entire armies of Lizardmen from their memories and can keep summoning them, as many as they want, for as long as they want.

Lies.

They can't summon as many as they like. The Seraphon legions compared to the endless legions of Chaos, are few. That's why the Seraphon seek to work with the other races or just use them to further their goals. The Seraphon, like Swigmar, know that they can't defeat Chaos alone.

Other than that, the rest is accurate.

Ah...also you forgot to mention that they are a divided race where each Slann starmaster has his own plan in how to defeat Chaos.
>>
>>43622341
Fuck. He's Carnac.

You're wrong. There is nowhere in the fluff stated their armies are limited. They can summon as much as they like. They even have this ability on tabletop.
>>
>>43622373
It's right there in the Battletome. Seraphon can't field as many legions as the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>43622373
>You're wrong. There is nowhere in the fluff stated their armies are limited.

Have you read the Seraphon Battletome?
>>
>>43622395
>>43622396
Can't Field as many =! Not being able to summon as much as they like.

Otherwise, Chaos can simply stomp their limited numbers. I never said they had as much as Chaos, only that they can summon as much as they like. Which is true.
>>
>>43622418
>I never said they had as much as Chaos

Not quite true, is it?

>>43622373
>You're wrong. There is nowhere in the fluff stated their armies are limited.
>>
>>43622418
If they can summon as many as they like, then they would summon enough legions from Azyr to match Chaos.

They won't need to purposefully ally themselves or use other races to further their agenda. Obviously, there is a limit.
>>
>>43622438
Yes...? English not your first language? There is nothing saying their armies are limited.

>restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short.
>Synonyms: finite

They don't have finite armies, they have infinite, cause they can summon MORE.

>>43622453
I didn't mean a limit in the max limit they can, but the fact that when, say, 1000 die, they're not all gone, they just resummon the 1000 again. They might be able to have 100,000 in total, but that's just the max they can have at one time, as I said....

>and can keep summoning them, as many as they want, for as long as they want.

Which is true. They can summon 100 back, 1000 back, 500 back, and can keep on doing it. Just because each Slann can only maintain 10,000 at one time, does not mean they're limited. They're limited in total, not in the amount they can summon back. Which is what I was talking about.
>>
>>43622492
>They don't have finite armies, they have infinite, cause they can summon MORE.

There is a finite size.
They are not infinite.
Thus they are limited.

Just admit your mistake rather than continue this pointless dance of words.
>>
>>43622492
Except it's stated that there are few Slann around to summon the Seraphon making the Seraphon smaller army when compared to Chaos. This is stated to cause the Seraphon to choose their battles wisely. And it's stated that with at last the arrival of allies (stormcast), the battle against Chaos might be won.

An infinite army does to tip-too to its battles or depend on allies to win its wars. Unlike Chaos, Seraphon are a limited force.
>>
>>43622526
There is a limited/finite size. Yes. There is not a finite/limited amount to call upon. Which is EXACTLY what I meant. There is nothing in the tome which says they can only summon 10,000 and that's it, the Slann can't summon any more, ever, even if all 10,000 die.

>>43622563
Above
>>
A solution to the divided problem is having Lord Kroak finding his fellow Slaans and telling them he's in charge.
>>
>>43622621
The living Slann are senile as it is, barely acknowledging the world around them. Add being in a state between death and life and they are effectively statues
>>
>>43622661
Things aren't going too good for them. Maybe one of them will find a way to change their luck.
>>
File: Blood Warriors.png (2 MB, 1533x861) Image search: [Google]
Blood Warriors.png
2 MB, 1533x861
Next monday, the next Call of Archaon is coming out

The time traveling Khornate warlord Ushkar Mir vs The Living Plague Copsys Bule.

Place your bets now. Who is going to win and stand besides Archaon in desolation of Shyish?
>>
>>43622745
Khorne will win, but he'll be infected by Nurgle. Slowly changing.
>>
>>43622803
>Slowly changing.

...Into Slaanesh
>>
>>43622745
Who sells better? That's who I think wins.
>>
>>43622883
I'd like to see Tzeentch's reaction. Ah who am I kidding, "Just as planned"?
>>
>>43622946
The Many Eyed dude (The Tzeentchian) was the guy directing both of these warriors. Them clashing is probably his intention. Only the strongest gets to serve Archaon.
>>
>>43622946
>mfw GW put "You should grab your chin and go "Just as predicted!", it might not help, but it's fun" in White Dwarf.

Good ol' Pepe.
>>
>>43622989
In what issue of white dwarf is that?
>>
>>43622341
>also you forgot to mention that they are a divided race where each Slann starmaster has his own plan in how to defeat Chaos.

Lies

They have different beliefs and ways to operate and are for all purposes independent from one another, but the plan they established to overthrow chaos is always referred to as singular
>>
>>43623006
latest one, seraphon cover, muinitorium section
>>
>>43622341
>>43622395
>>43622438
>>43622453
>>43622526
>>43622563
Ah, seeing carnac so bothered over the new slann fluff makes me chuckle so. We state that chaos has met its match with the stormcast eternals and the slann outplanning tzeentch, and his arguments become
>nuh-uh!
>>
>>43622563
>An infinite army does to tip-too to its battles or depend on allies to win its wars
Except when chaos does it, right?
But who am I kidding? Chaos is not even infinite after all: There're always only 8^)8 bloodthirsters in existence, and the stuff of chaos is stated to be bound quantitatively to the shadow self of mortals since the beginning.
>>
>>43623435
N-new t-t-trumps o-o-old!

>>43623358
Guy never provides proofs either.
>>
>>43623358
It's nuh-uh.

Slann got wrecked in the Age of Chaos alongside other races. They got outsmarted and outmaneuvered and realms were conquered one by one That's a fact. Only Orderfags would just ignore their crushing defeats and focus on things so trivial.

As for what's happening in Age of Sgmar? It's an ongoing battle where Chaos is still all powerful. The Forces of Order which are disorganized force that cannot withstand the might of Chaos yet. So when you state Chaos has met its match, it's a false statement.

And guess what? Archaon is riding out of Varanspire. So hold on to your butts, the pain he is going to dish out is going to be immense.
>>
>>43623435
If anything, that's actually the case. Chaos has an extremely high number due to how they work but not unlimited. Not even a googolplex to the power of googolplex is unlimited. Chaos has limits, it's just they're so high we've never been slightly close.
>>
>>43623435
>Except when chaos does it, right?

Chaos doesn't tip-toe or Choas wisely it's battles. It's just barrels through with overwhelming force whenever there is an opening for it. I think that's obvious for anyone who has read any shred of Chaos fluff.,

> Chaos is not even infinite after all:

Nope, daemons are infinite. Created entire legions created from a single thought process of the Chaos Gods.

>There're always only 8^)8 bloodthirsters in existence,

You mean those in the 8 hosts. not in the entirety of the Khornate realm. You seem to forget that Bloodthisters fall from grace or get kicked out of the hosts or just die.

> the stuff of chaos is stated to be bound quantitatively to the shadow self of mortals since the beginning.

Across the multiverse and across all timelines with countless races feeding them emotion and dreams, the Chaos legions are immortal and infinite.

You cannot outnumber them.
>>
>>43623571
choose wisely*
>>
>>43623501
>They got outsmarted and outmaneuvered
>the realms were conquered one by one
Guess which one of these two actually qualifies as a fact and the other as mere >implying ?
>>
Also anyone who actually read the lore of AoS would know that daemons were an infinite world.

>Khurnac’s rage is unimaginable, and it grows every year. From sunrise until nightfall it rages and thrashes at its chain, and as it tries to break free, other daemons pour from its bath of blood, born of its rage.

-From "Hammers of Sigmar"

For example, Khurnac was a Khornate legion generator. Each time he smashed himself bloody against the Brass skull, a legion of Khorne is born from his blood and rage. He has been doing this for hundreds of years. Each strike, births an army.
>>
>>43623571
>nuh uh
>let me list my biased fanfictions and illogic explanations in this regard
>>
>>43623639
The Forces of Order were outsmarted by Tzeentch/Chaos in the crucial battles of "allpoint" and the "final battle of Sigmar". With Allpoint secured Chaos poured across all the realms, and all the realms save for Azyr fell to Chaos.

So both of them are facts.
>>
>>43623691
Except none of that is fanfiction or illogical. Try harder.
>>
>You cannot outnumber them
Fine then. Create a Warp Entity that's a fusion of a Hydra, Cliff Racer, and a Piranha that eats daemons, and set it loose in the Warp. See what happens then.
>>
>The warp is an alternative universe inhabited entirely by psychic energy generated by the thoughts, emotions and mental life of the inhabitants of the material universe including the Eldar. These thoughts and emotions cannot die, they are eternal, so that over the ages they accrue and become stronger as they are reinforced by the similar thoughts and experiences of others. Eventually, a single idea or emotion can become so powerful within the warp that it attains a consciousness of its own and becomes a daemon or a god. These daemonic entities are known as Chaos Powers. The most powerful of these are the four Great Powers Khorne the god of war, bloodshed and anger; Tzeentch the god of change, plots and intrigue; Nurgle the god of plagues and morbidity; and Slaanesh, the god of pleasure and personal gratification. Slaanesh is particularly associated with the Eldar, and only came into being with their final Fall. Prior to this time Slaanesh was growing in power but not fully conscious - rather like a sleeping monster bellowing and kicking in its dream- disturbed sleep.

-2nd ED Eldar codex

Mortals are emotion and thought generators. Every emotion and every thought is recorded in the Warp/Realm of Chaos. They can never be removed from it. These emotion coalesce into daemons.

As long as the races across the multiverse hate, despair, lust, and hope, then daemons will exist in infinite numbers. Mortals will keep creating their daemons and their own doom.
>>
As a fellow Chaos-fag, I would like to apologize on behalf of the rest of the chaos-fags for carnac. The guy is an idiot. His views and opinions in no way reflect the rest of the chaos fandom.
>>
>>43623806
If you disagree with me on a certain opinion or fact feel free to point it out.
>>
File: Chaos Champion.jpg (622 KB, 2000x2786) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Champion.jpg
622 KB, 2000x2786
>>43623806
>tfw can't even bring myself to like Archaon anymore because of how hard Carnac has sucked him off
Can this guy just get hit by a truck or something
>>
>>43623833
>Liking Archaon

Why...?
>>
>>43623847
He's a cool dude
>>
>>43623868
Why though?
>>
>>43623790
Then why are the realms not constantly covered in hordes of daemons? How come there are many battles in which chaos is defeated if they are so infinite?

I'll tell you why, they may be infinite in the realm of chaos, but they can only have a finite amount in the mortal realms. This is where the slann match them.

And you are also forgetting that if the slann lose a battle, it is just as planned.

Wait, you're carnac. Nevermind, forget I said anything. Logic attacks are not effective on misinterpreted canon.

>>43623806
What gets me is i'm pretty sure he leaves each of these threads thinking he won. Everyday is a victory for chaos on the threads of /tg/ in his head.
>"Hehe, I showed them!"
>>
>>43623833
I agree. I feel I would be rooting for this character more if my view wasn't tainted by his #1 biggest fan.
>>
File: cool.jpg (264 KB, 950x1397) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
264 KB, 950x1397
>>43623883
He looks cool.
Always has.
And anything representing Chaos Undivided deserves our support against the rampant Khorne faggotry.
>>
>>43623903
>Then why are the realms not constantly covered in hordes of daemons?

You moron.

Because of wall of reality and Daemons need magic and fuel to manifest themselves. Nobody is disputing this.

>I'll tell you why, they may be infinite in the realm of chaos, but they can only have a finite amount in the mortal realms. This is where the slann match them.

You just told me you are a double moron.

The mortal Realms are saturated by Chaos energies for HUNDREDS of years and are overrun by Chaos warbands that empower daemons around them and make it easy for them to manifest. In Mortal Realms, Chaos is the dominate force and daemonic legions have enough energy to go around to manifest in great numbers that far outnumbers the Forces of Order. The Slann cannot match these kind of forces so they choose their battles wisely and strike at vulnerable locations.

>And you are also forgetting that if the slann lose a battle, it is just as planned.

Same can be said about Chaos.

>Wait, you're carnac. Nevermind, forget I said anything. Logic attacks are not effective on misinterpreted canon.

Are you talking about yourself?
>>
File: Be'lak.png (1 MB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Be'lak.png
1 MB, 600x800
>>43623968
>Chaos Undivided deserves our support against the rampant Khorne faggotry.

Anything?
>>
>Carnac will never be Hellbanned

Why even live?
>>
>>43623973
>Because of wall of reality and Daemons need magic and fuel to manifest themselves. Nobody is disputing this.
That's old world reasoning, the very realms are manifested magic now
>>
>>43624221
Nope, raw Chaos energy or emotions is needed for the daemons to manifest.

They can't manifest from just the energies of Shyish, Hysh, or whatever. These realms have been corrupted by Chaos for a long time that they started to look like Chaos Wastes of the Old World.
>>
>>43624220
To see Be'lakor's glorious return?
>>
>>43624114
Don't bully.
>>
>>43624252
>raw Chaos energy or emotions
But all magic and emotions ARE chaos, silly, the things are indivisible

Why can't they manifest into their natural element anymore?
>>
>>43623783
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S4rXsrZRchQ
>>43623806
He made me hate Chaos to the point it rivals Grey Knight hate for Chaos level. Now he's slowly making me get like that to Tau and Crons.
>>43623968
Ain't even a Chaosfag but Undivided must return to its former state.
>>43624114
No.
>>43624220
To keep hoping he will.
>>
>>43624306
Winds of Magic or the Realms are raw Chaos broken up into 8 elements. They cease to be Chaos energy the moment they break up into different kinds of magic. What you are saying is like saying hydrogen and Oxygen are water.

>indivisible

The Warp and Chaos are indivisible.

Chaos is the origin of magic, but not all magic is Chaotic. Does this make sense?
>>
File: saltine-crackers.jpg (23 KB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
saltine-crackers.jpg
23 KB, 400x260
>>43624392
Daily quest completed.
>>
>>43623806
I don't even care about that idiot, but the fact that every single thread even remotely related to the background of warhammer must have this idiot shitting up the place is definitely frustrating and a turn off for actual discussions.
>>
>>43624429
Oh please. What discussions?

Last AoS thread died at at 26 posts.
>>
File: sad if i left.png (7 KB, 652x141) Image search: [Google]
sad if i left.png
7 KB, 652x141
>>43624444
You do know he's been around for months and used to be a trip? People didn't mind when he wore a trip, cause you could filter him. Now he doesn't, he can't be ignored. So people don't want to talk about anything, cause he comes in and starts his fan wanking. First it was Necrons, then it was Chaos and Bel'lakor, now it's Tau.
>>
>>43624444
>What discussions?
The one we were having before you had to come and shit on the place wanking to chaos?
>>43622292
>>43622341
>>
>>43624501
Since he is easy to spot you can just ignore him and he'll go away. Is this too hard?
you take the bait the bait does not take you.
>>
>>43624566
Nothing to do with not taking the bait. See post above you, I talked to the guy about Seraphon, then in comes fucking Carnac to shit on what I was saying.

>NUH-UH!

He's not wanted here, this website would be better without him.
>>
>>43624545
We are just discussing the lore and none of what I said was wanking. If I am wanking, then you are wanking as well.

Someone gets something wrong about lizard fluff, you go out of your way to correct him. When someone gets something wrong about Chaos lore, like mister triple moron above, I get to go out of my way to correct him.

Tit for tat.
>>
>>43624596
Then after a short discussion about a disputed detail with several anons, it ended peacefully and we would have gone our separate ways until shots got fired here (>>43623358).

You started the fire. It's your fault!
>>
>>43624599
>and none of what I said was wanking. If I am wanking, then you are wanking as well.
>>43624644
>You started the fire. It's your fault!

Underage shouldn't access this website.
>>
>>43624718
It's true, though.

Don't go throwing the blame at innocent me when you wanted this to happen. Seriously now.
>>
>>43624644
I didn't say shit, faggot.

You could just put on a trip so we could filter you, or you could fuck off. But you won't, cause you're a shitposter.
>>
>>43625034
>trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>43624425
Not everyone is that Anon, Carnac. Do you have proof I am him?
>>
>>43625051
You've said this before, you used to have one. Put it back on. Or fuck off.
>>
>>43624741
I'm not even the anon you think I am.
But it IS your fault. This stuff doesn't happen without you. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1447283410952.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
1447283410952.png
313 KB, 701x394
>>43620472
Dead game.
>>
>>43622292
>Plus GW mentioned Pepe and "Just as Planned" meme in WD.
What?
Proofs now.
>>
>>43625545
Errr, is there a download for the latest WD anywhere? If so, I could.

Basically went something like "Slann are masters of planning, so, during the game, grab your chin and say out loud "Just as Predicted!", it may not help you win, but it's fun"
>>
File: 50 shades of pepe.gif (1 MB, 300x313) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of pepe.gif
1 MB, 300x313
>>43625639
Lel.
>>
File: JUST_AS_PLANNED.png (60 KB, 493x143) Image search: [Google]
JUST_AS_PLANNED.png
60 KB, 493x143
>>43625749
FFG did this in one of their books. It's clear that GW visits /tg/ and saw all the Pepe images. It HAS to be.
>>
>>43621511
I don't know, how does it feel to play a game with no rules, no setting, and models people only buy for coversions?
>>
>>43625818
FFG regularly sneaks in /tg/ memes.
>>
>>43622745
Mir because he has the better fluff.
>>
>>43623968
I loved that book. Champions of Chaos or something like that. Still have it somewhere.

Whatever happened to Arbaal the Undefeated and Egrimm von Horstmann? Where they ever mentioned again? Didn't follow the EndTimes very closely.
>>
>>43626010
Egrimm tried to bind the Wind of Fire to his form and ended up burning to ash.
>>
>>43626010
>>43626067
And Arbaal got killed by Cadyran; Incarnate of Fire.
>>
>>43626081
In a BL story.
>>
Anyone got a link to the Seraphon battletome?
>>
>>43622069

>Oh these Lizardmen are insanely good!

Yeah and you know what? I can make any list insanely good, there's no fucking points you retard
>>
>>43626215

Seconding this
>>
>>43626299
You're an asshole.
>>
>>43620472
So I've heard that the sales are fine (because bits), but people playing the game are nearly non-existent.

Is it true?
>>
>>43626299
>not making your own point costs

You're just bad at the game mate, that's OK, not everybody is good at math.
>>
>>43627178
No. Game isn't selling at all. It's DoA. Nothing is selling. At all. You can get the boxes for $5 on Ebay. Nobody is playing it either.

Proof? My uncles mates fathers brothers sisters aunts brothers mate nieces twice-removed cousins friend delivers mail to a guy who's dads mates brother has gone into GW once.
>>
>>43627178
There's no way of knowing whether that is true or not.
>>
>>43627229
>>43627248
Darn.

Without the financial report from GW, we probably cannot know this shit...
>>
>>43627308
You are now just getting what a majority of the haters and supporters still don't get.
>>
>>43627576
1. Haters use ancedotal evidence to prove it's a failure

2. Supporters don't care, as they're enjoying it. If they say they're having fun or other people are having fun, then it's lies, or 'shilling'

So, in the end, Supporters want it so they can prove haters wrong, haters want it so they can laugh at supporters more.
>>
File: wight.jpg (121 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
wight.jpg
121 KB, 500x667
Is Gw doing a battletome for Death?
>>
>>43627633
Who cares? Just keep supporting Swigmar. We will overcome. We will triumph.

But it order to pave the way for AoS success, you must buy those limited edition books. Do eeett now!
>>
>>43627660
the only definitive answer we can give you is: maybe.
>>
>>43627660
An Aelves battletome is much needed. So much questions need to be answered.

Undead have no lore worth exploring. It can be summed up with "Nagash rules the Underworld and he is mad, mad at Archaon and Swigmar"
>>
>>43627689
Fuck off Carnac
>>
>>43627795
I figured out that 4chan can filter posts with specific words. So I put on a filter for the way carnac says sigmar. It doesn't hide all his faggotry, but it hides some of it. Then any post I see that sucks chaos dick is most likely his and I hide it manually.
>>
>>43628242
Good idea.
>>
>>43621505

Rumors say Dwarfs in early 2016.
>>
File: AOS Slayers.png (794 KB, 810x465) Image search: [Google]
AOS Slayers.png
794 KB, 810x465
>>43628585
>Rumors say Dwarfs

I'm suddenly concerned for the safety of my models...
>>
>>43628654
Don't be. Why would you be concerned? Things dont work the way they used to. Your entire dwarf collection will be playable after the update as it is now. Even the lizarmen models they stopped selling still have the warscrolls available on the AoS app.
>>
>>43628585
Where are these so-called rumors?
>>
>>43630237

Mentioned by Sad Panda on Dakkadakka, they've have a solid record.

Though looking it over I appear to have remembered incorrectly, they didn't confirm Dwarfs so much as say they're early 2016 at best.
>>
Goes to local gw to see how sigmar league is doing.
See how many more peeps joined.
Mfw half of the board is scaven/chaos variations.
No death players

Current armies:
Order: 4
Sigmarites, high elves, dwarves, lizzies

Destruction 1
Orcs

Death 0

Chaos 7
Every various army but no tzeetch rep.

1/2
>>
>>43630385
I waaas currently building dark elves to play both 8th and sigmar
Buuuut
Tomb king all chariot army is just eatting my soul.
>>
>>43630400
My goal is to have about a 60w army in each grand alliance, just so i can fill the gap where needed.

I already have Duardin and Stormcast Eternals

Next project is Nurgle Rotbringers/Pestilens army for Chaos.

Haven't decided what I want to do for Death and Destruction though. The spider grots appeal to me though, and I like the idea of Vampire Counts Cavalry. But that's far off on my projects goals list.
>>
>>43630453
At this point in time i want a real
Boner for Egypt. Sure i may not be liked when 4 units of 5 chariots zippong around the map shooting thing but oh well
>>
>>43630588
Well mix it up, there are plenty of 'rider' options that aren't chariots. Like the Necropolis Knights and Warsphinx are all cool models I think.
>>
>>43626067
>>43626081
BOO FIRE
>>
>>43630632
Agreed, i would expand to war sphinx and snake knights
>>
File: warlordogre.jpg (32 KB, 589x439) Image search: [Google]
warlordogre.jpg
32 KB, 589x439
hey guys i know the warscroll compendium just says use the stats for a normal rat ogre, but i want to do a skaven warlord on rat ogre properly.

how would i go about doing that? im thinking that i should probably just combine the rat ogre and warlord scrolls
>>
>>43625639
Wd 92 page 31 munitorum report
Wd 93 had the free hh ultramarine badge with war hammer visions having hh word bearer
>>
>>43630385

holy shit you guys have 12 players? Are you playing at warhammer world or something?
>>
>>43631789
Seems easy enough. Just take the Skaven Warlord warscroll, and change the following:

>Replace the Verminus keyword with Moulder
>Remove Strike and Scurry Away because it doesn't fit for having a rat ogre mount
>Add 4 wounds to make him total 9 wounds (pretty beafy most definitely)
>Add the Tearing Claws, Blades, and Fangs melee attack from the Rat Ogre warscroll
>Add the Rabid Fury ability from the Rat Ogre warscroll

Both would retain their options, like the warlord weapon options and the warpfire gun from the rat ogre.

All in all it sounds like it could be a pretty kickass warlord.
>>
File: skaven_warlord_on_rat_ogre.jpg (320 KB, 1168x874) Image search: [Google]
skaven_warlord_on_rat_ogre.jpg
320 KB, 1168x874
>>43633129
I was bored and had some free time so I went ahead and made this.

This is about how I would see the warscroll would look like. I'd run it.
>>
>>43633129
>Add 4 wounds
Mounted heroes typically do not add any extra wounds. They just use whichever wound total was higher.

So a horse-mounted hero will have 4-7 wounds, while a monster mounted hero will have 8-12.
>>
>>43634070
Not necessarily, with bigger mounts you will see more. There are plenty of mounted heroes with added wounds. Like the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth has 2 more wounds than a Lord-Celestant on foot. And a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount has one additional Wound over a Chaos Lord on foot.

Maybe not add 4 wounds, but I would do at least 2 more wounds due to the size and nature of the mount.
>>
>>43633129
>>43634020
this is about exactly what im looking for. ill run this by my gm
>>
>>43632590
Gw glendale lol
>>
>>43632590
>>43635454
We had 8 guys show up up last sunday
>>
Would it be reasonable to make a dwarfy steam tank? Are the empire designs built into the model, or separate bits?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
New Christmas bundle for Death on the webstore, shows a bunch of skellies on round bases. Normal unit boxes are still the same, not updated.

Is this a sign of things to come? They are no other bundles of armies yet to be updated (the others are lizards, stormcast and bloodbound)
>>
What's an interesting way to run Ogres? They have little unit variety and I'm not too bothered by the maneater deathstar everyone seems to be playing.
>>
File: did someone say heathen.jpg (73 KB, 453x450) Image search: [Google]
did someone say heathen.jpg
73 KB, 453x450
>>43621505
pls
>>
>>43636477
link pls? Can't seem to find it.
>>
>>43636658
Ah, it's UK site only.
>>
>>43636477
Thing is, if it's an open box bundle, they just lob in the sprues and a few bags of circles. Saves cost on boxing / reboxing as they can just use some larger christmas themed box for everything. I think there will be an army bundle per army. Brett players, watch out as I bet it'll say a lot as to whether you get a bundle or not.

But never the less, gonna finish my dwarves on squares while I still can.
>>
>>43636738
>>43636477
And to add to that, no financial savings to be had. Keep an eye guys, as always. Some of bundurus are good some are the same price - not having to buy circles, withstanding.
>>
>>43628585
>>43628654
>>43630237
>>43630330

We had rumours for them for ages.

I think it's Fyrslayers getting the bulk of the updates, including a Salamander riders or something.

As a Slayer Army player, this pleases me.
>>
>>43636658
It's in New Releases rather than Pre-order if that helps
>>
>>43636650
Are you sure that's what you want? I genuinely enjoy the understated look and armies they've had since forever. That's all Brets need really. Maybe add some fluff to give them something to do in the new universe and das it.
What I mean is, I'm afraid of GW making medieval knights into gigantic space marines riding monsters or anything too far outside of arthurian legend.

But I only own a bunch of 5ed knights and bowmen (yet, always wanted to collect them) so maybe true Bret players are tired of it.
>>
>>43637068
I can see what you mean, but I just need anything to get the army moving again, Bretonnia has been stagnant since forever.
>>
File: 3ed.png (737 KB, 637x911) Image search: [Google]
3ed.png
737 KB, 637x911
>>43637111
Yep. An update is long overdue. There are some gaping holes in their model range right now, and plenty of different units and heroes they could make.
Let's just hope they do it right, and don't confuse people not buying the same old models for decades with lack of interest. They're always middle of the pack in terms of players, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're of the least bought.
>>
>>43637237
Yeah i'd definitely say they're one of the least selling, the only Bretonnia related thing I've ever seen in my local store is the battalion pack, and they only had two in stock.

What do you think would be good additions/changes to their army? I like the idea of some kind of uber-tanky foot knights, or maybe incorporate some Tilean/Estalian designs and give us pavise's and pikes or something.
>>
>>43637349
They'll probably get some upgrades.

I'm thinking lances will have hammers on the end, horses will get helmets that make them look hammer-headed and they'll probably be on fire too.

Trebuches will fire hammers instead of rocks, bowmen will be replaced with hammer throwers at a reduced range of 8". They will also be on fire.
>>
File: 17-e1b2e54f19.jpg (384 KB, 904x1233) Image search: [Google]
17-e1b2e54f19.jpg
384 KB, 904x1233
>>43637349
Longbows would be cool (dem 5ed monopose orc bowmen).
Some heroe on pegasus.
New/more questing knights.
Knightly orders (I still have a Chevalier de Notre Dame or two).
Tanky foot knights like you said are a staple of that era.
Maybe roll a bit with the religious/medieval priests theme. Pilgrims look cool, and they used to have male sorcerers. I know that's The Empire's niche, but maybe Brets could get some of it.
Any or all of the Dukes. They're already established fluff and we've only seen two iirc, all that's left is sculpting them.
Some way of incorporating the Lance Formation into the rules.

I like Estalian stuff, but they're more Empire-looking. The fan projects (supposedly based on official stuff) are centered around XVI-XVII century units.
>>
>>43636136
Most definitely. I have fantasized about it myself. Here is what I would do just off the top of my head:

Replace the tank commander with a dwarf. The gyrocopter pilot I hear it's a slightly smaller scale I hear, so put his head on a body that will fit there (mainly because that one has the goggles)
Replace the guns with a dwarf cannon cannon and organ gun barrel.
Drop the empire heraldry and use dwarf bits you get from your collection. Spare shields are always a great thing to embellish with.

It would be a fun conversion I think.
>>
File: IMG_20151115_011417.jpg (840 KB, 1458x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151115_011417.jpg
840 KB, 1458x2592
I need 2nd light source, right?

The shoulders need tons of work to fill in the gap, anyway great value for modeller.
>>
>>43639280
For the picture? I think one bright light source from the top with a big diffuser is enough.
>>
>>43639280
Sure it could use some better lighting, but that's a seriously good paintjob. Celestial Vindicators are my favorite canon stormhost.
>>
>>43627229
Best post.
>>
>>43637237
>all dem stats
Holy cow, how did the game change over the editions?
>>
File: not lazy.png (174 KB, 266x239) Image search: [Google]
not lazy.png
174 KB, 266x239
>>43641968
>>
>>43642089
So what, were they like "here's a ton of rules, take what you will"? Sounds awful familiar...
>>
>>43643729
They took the trouble of making comp. friendly rules for those who wanted them instead of giving them a big middle finger
>>
So been reading the Khorne book, and it's changed my view on who's the worst Chaos God. Khorne had to be a big, bubble blowing baby and sperg over the fact he's not going to be the only first place winner.
>>
>>43643795
Sorry, all I see is
>waaaah no points waaah!
The only problem with AoS is you.
>>
File: 1441232472385.jpg (146 KB, 650x571) Image search: [Google]
1441232472385.jpg
146 KB, 650x571
Okay guys what the fug.

Where is the Seraphon Battletome? Where is the Chaos Dreadhold Battletome?

are you telling me this game is so head that people don't bother to even upload the rules for free so pirates can have them?
>>
Got the GW 2015 Gift Guide earlier, includes a few releases coming out for AoS in the next couple weeks.

>November 28th

Chaos Dreadhold Helfort - $290

>December 5th

Stormcast Eternals Expansion Set - $205

Comes with 20 models, a Lord Castellant, a Gryph Hound, 5 Retributors/Protectors/Decimators, 3 Prosecutors, and 10 Judicators

Khorne Bloodbound Expansion Set - $205

Comes with 39 models, Skarr Bloodwrath, 5 Wrathmongers/Skullreapers, 20 Bloodreavers, 10 Blood Warriors, 3 Skullcrushers

Nagash and the Conclave of Death - $342

Nagash, 3 Mortarchs
>>
>>43646750
Meh, just more at-cost bundles. Nothing to see here, move along.
>>
why play a game without a coherent setting or any rules
>>
Unfortunately it looks like AoS General threads are struggling to keep up lately.

Eh, it's ok. I rarely come to these threads or comment on them anyway, finding other places more conducive to discussion about the game, one in particular is a facebook group that is extremely active.

This doesn't say anything about the health of the game, only that it doesn't have an active enough following on /tg/.
>>
>>43650854

May pick up with new releases.
>>
>>43650928
That's true. Before the seraphon drop a few threads were dieing young, but after one thread made it to 400 posts.

The game is still very young. We are still discovering everything that's in it. Some things are fleshed out very good, but there is still a lot to be explored in more detail. We just have to be patient as it builds up, then we will find ourselves having more to talk about.
>>
File: Xmas15HomepageGWLogo.png (23 KB, 202x82) Image search: [Google]
Xmas15HomepageGWLogo.png
23 KB, 202x82
TZEENTCH IS COMING! Apparently he was getting all riled up to reclaim his title as best just-as-planned-er
>>
>>43651068
>Implying anyone can beat Be'lakor in "Just as planned"

Dude, Tzeentch is old news. Be'lakor proved himself the daemon with the masterplan in the End Times. That's why Tzeentch cursed Be'lakor, because he knew in his evershifting heart that the Dark Master was superior.

Be'lakor hasn't yet made his presence known in AoS but with the Archaon update coming that might change. Prepare for his glorious return.
>>
>>43651165
pretty sure its just a Tzeentch demon kin book for 40k using existing models and having strong fluff implications that this is the LAST book they will get for tits and ass. might even feature some skaven in 40k. while in AOS the Archaon release is missing the Tzeentch head because in AOS skaven have replaced Tzeentch. In the way Datascrolls work in 40k it makes sense for them to make one last glorious book for the old models and because they don't release datascrolls for free makes sense for it to be a demon kin book.. in other words Tzeentch is fucked. be interesting how they word a book that's ment to be literally the LAST edition for a faily large number of models.. I would imagine it would feature noise marines and such. maybe even show the FW models. it should be a glorious celebration of a god that's about to die. be interesting if they do actualy feature th Hrud in it as well... I hope they do they are the logical replacement for Tzeentch in 40k as well if they don't feel comfortable producing boobes which honestly I don't think is about the minis them self its about the 3rd party support getting erotic. I think GW has the balls to print a book with tits and ass one last time but it shall be gloruious finish I think at rats will come clean up wahts left of them in some funny way
>>
>>43651398
wtf is this nigger talking about
>>
>>43651398

The Tzeentch rumors are bullshit.
>>
>>43650854

IDK really I'm going to keep shoving it down the throats of every person I can convince to get a miniature because I'm tired of the litany of exacting rules in Warmachine and if I wanted to play Kings of War I'd play fucking 3-level Stratego or some shit where you plan moves 4 turns in advance.

Moreover I guess I'm somewhat baffled people criticize GW models and even prices while scarfing down the effluvia produced by other companies. After 5 years of buying little army men, I can tell you absolutely: you get what you pay for. GW's product is priced more or less exactly where it should be on a PPM basis considering the size and detail of the model you get, and the starter kits are a crazy value no matter how you slice it.

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe people care less about a "YOUR DUDES" type of game, which is nigh impossible in something like KOW (virtually no lore to speak of when compared to monoliths like Warhammer or Warmachine), because that's what I see when I look at AOS: Your Dudes. Whatever those might be, they're your dudes. Not Kromac, not Haley, not Irusk - not even Karl Franz, or Teclis, or Nagash - the models you put down on the table are Your Dudes.

The litany of scenarios and the way the fluff interacts with them is something I haven't ever seen produced at this level. It's sad that people can't see the value in such a high level of production that's put meshing the fluff and scenarios - not to mention the sheer number of scenarios themselves even so early in release. AOS probably has more scenarios for it in under a year than PP has put out in over 10.

In the meantime until people get their heads out of their asses, I will continue to scoop up entire Fantasy armies for dirt cheap on Ebay.
>>
>>43651687
But this is tzeentch logo>>43651068.

>>43652579
Just leave the bait, hater always hate.
>>
Got an age of Sigmar campaign coming up. Confirmed we have 2 stormcast and 2 khorne players, potentially an ogre player too. I want to do a fluffy army but don't want to get shit on every game, and these guys are all going for extremely powerful builds.

Any ideas? Want an army with a strong theme that can handle low model count high toughness armies. Just done a mixed nurgle army, want something a bit different.
>>
File: AOS Celestant Prime.jpg (170 KB, 920x950) Image search: [Google]
AOS Celestant Prime.jpg
170 KB, 920x950
>>43653489
>Any ideas?

An all Stormcast force right now, IMO is very average in terms of power. Even the Celestant Prime, as awesome as he may seem on paper, can easily get one-rounded by a lot of the other heroes. IMO he's actually better at range dropping meteors on people, although the "gets two attacks per turn he stays in reserve" can theoretically turn him into a monster, you have to consider every turn he's chilling in Azyr is a turn he could be dropping mortal wounds on multiple units.

The most solid ability Stormcasts have right now IMO is their ability to deep strike all over the table. This can be done with "normal" troops via the Battalions giving large groups of your list the Lightning Strike / Deep Strike ability. How much you want to play around with that is up to you. The Knight Azyros can basically let you deep strike almost on top of the enemy AND buff shooting when he moves in. So you get him into position, move 12 up, and deploy your DS units during movement phase inside his 5 inch bubble but within 3 of the enemy. Since he buffs shooting too, you can instead opt to deploy a shooting unit. Judicators with boltstorms get some use here because it fixes their 12 inch range - drops them close enough to shoot and makes them 2+ to hit. Lack of rending is still a thing with them, but it can quickly sweep a chaff unit or unit with low / no saves off the board.

The Lord Celestant(s) remain your only Command choices for Stormcasts. IMO a 24 in bubble of no Battleshock (mounted lord) is more reliable than 9 inch bubble of +1 hit, and the mounted Lord is probably just better in combat (d3 damage, more attacks, Dracoth breath weapon) overall if you can spare the cost for him.

Lastly Stormcasts don't have a Wizard model yet - so no unbinding, no Arcane Shield, etc. Castellant can throw out +1 save on a unit, which is solid considering it isn't magic and can't be unbound.
>>
>>43653639

As for the units in general:

Heraldor is MUCH more dangerous than it seems over a longer game. D3 mortal wounds kind of seems like meh, but if your opponent has multiple units in the same terrain feature, it can start to do D3 wounds to two or three units at a time. The Run+Charge ability can help out sometimes too - IE to get your slower Paladins into melee.

Relictor D3 wounds or D3 healing. If you're playing a Comp and are limited on Hero choices, I'd pass IMO. Great model but seeing as that's his only ability besides just having a heroic statline, there are better choices, IE: Castellant, for keeping stuff alive.

Vexillor (Standard Bearer), IMO the Pennant (Teleport) is better than the Standard (Meteor). He can teleport a unit across the table once per game and do some wounds - good for moving your Paladins if they didn't get in a Deep Strike battalion.

Venator is basically artillery. 30 inch range with a hilarious +2 to hit, +3 to wound, and 3 attacks with Rending. On a model that has flight and a 12 inch move? Lol, more like mobile artillery. He can do insane damage at range, and the single shot Star Fated Arrow can one-shot a variety of heroes or monsters, just make sure you don't miss.

Other units are pretty self explanatory. Liberators are so-so front line troops. Castellant on a unit with shields means you have a 3+ and reroll 1s, meaning only 2s go through on the first roll which makes them pretty stout against non-rending attacks.

Paladins do what they do - Retributors have the most consistent damage overall vs hard targets. Protectors can get lucky vs Monsters and usually will hit at least 1 Deathstrike with their 15 attacks. Decimators are mostly for clearing chaff with their cleaves, but will struggle more vs hard targets than the other two (although their Rend still makes them do some damage).
>>
>>43653489
>>43653639
>>43653800

Hammer Prosecutors are kind of misunderstood some of the time - they're NOT a ranged unit, they're an assault unit. They do better in melee, as is obvious from their statline. Their speed, 3d charge, and flight should let them engage where and when they want - that's their main strength. Prosecutors with shield and jav trade some of the attack power for the shield rerolls. That's about it.

Probably the most important thing if you're running Stormcasts as a main force is some kind of ally who can bring a decent Wizard to toss out Arcane Shield. Additionally someone who can bring some kind of decent monsterous creature doesn't hurt, since Stormcasts do not have access to the really high wound count stuff other factions do. Even the Celestant is only 8. When you consider how easy it is for some armies to dish out mortal wounds (SKAVEN ANYONE?), he can pop in a heartbeat.

Empire / Free People is probably a good / fluffy ally. Empire Wizards let you pick from a variety of pretty scary magics. Karl Franz and the Steam Tank are both pretty dangerous monsters, and Karl has one of the few abilities in AOS that can block Mortal Wounds.

One of the Elf armies can also chip in pretty well. High Elves still have some good casters and access to all of their crazy monsters. Dark Elves can pack Malekith, who is his own brand of crazy with halving the wounds he takes combined with self-healing spells and the ability to unbind - all while being on a 14 wound dragon and beating the shit out of people.
>>
>>43645979
all the battletomes except maybe seraphon? are in the mega. Can't find the link though
>>
>>43651398
>Archon missing Tzeentch head
Did you not look at the model? He is missing a Slanneesh head not Tzeentch. How did you miss the big blue serpent head?
>>
Hey /aosg/. I'm trying to decide between getting into 40k and age of sigmar. I've come to understand that Age of Sigmar has Skaven, my favorite fantasy race of all time. How are they overall? What's their preferred playstyle? What sort of a price tag am I looking at by making a starter Skaven army?
>>
>>43635963
>guys
Children. It's cheaper than a creche I'll give GW that.
>>
>>43654606
Depends on what type of skaven army you do. You can do a low model count rat beasts moulder army. Warmachine big gun heavy skyrie. Verminus horde. Nurgle themed pestilens, etc.

They're pretty good. Stormvermin are pretty tough and good, and stormfiends are among the scariest units in the game.

What you look for in building an army is synergy between the units and heroes, that's what defines a 'good' army in aos. And make sure you are using units and models that excite you, because 90% of your time spent on this game will be the hobby, so you want to make sure you're excited about your project.
>>
>>43653464

Just because there may be a Tzeentch release, doesn't mean it's going to match or even come close to the rumors.

At least one person with a good track record has said the Daemonkin rumors are bullshit, meaning the Tzeentch logo could be pointing to something else entirely or merely hinting at the rewards system GW is going to implement for purchases, which features Tzeentch themed trinkets.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.