[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever had a BBEG that would become unstoppable had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Frieza.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Frieza.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Has anyone ever had a BBEG that would become unstoppable had they actually put time into training?
>>
>>43619163
No, because that's a stupid concept that was popularized by anime when they vapidly tore aspect of earlier, successful animes without understanding what made the original shows good.
>>
>>43619414
But it kinda makes sense
>>
Just take creatures from the monster manual and start giving them class levels
>>
I suppose if the BBEG's mode of operation was to passively wait for everything he wants to come to him, then it would make sense.
However, should your BBEG actually work towards their goals, them not training would be rather silly.
>>
>>43619163
sooo, Orcus?
>>
>>43619482
but if no one is ever strong enough to actually give them a challenge then there's no reason to train, especially if they're lazy
>>
No, because it's basically just a fuck you to the players.

All you're telling your players is "My BBEG could have totally beaten you if he'd have been serious, so your victory means shit."
>>
>>43619516
I think it's more, guy gets killed, comes back and actually prepares, and then gives them a greater challenge.

Which actually kind of happened in my last campaign now that I think about it...
>>
>>43619163
Maybe.
One of my BBEGs would have, at least kind of, had he not peered into the future and seen something that made him fall into impossible despair.
He was to become the king of his people, his daughter was to marry the prince of a nation besides him and a virtually invincible warrior, save the BBEG (who was then a Good wizard/sorceror) obeyed his every wise command, and could act as an intellectual equal to his king.
Then, through the eyes of a different world, the world came to an end. He and his people fought against it to his last breath, his aged brother dying in front of him. He watched in terror and futile exertion as his beloved reality came undone, the soldier that loved him like a son to a father sacrificing himself to buy other people more time.
After a long, futile magical assault against the menace, he fell.
And there was nothing he could do, he thought.
The evil that had destroyed his alternative self offered a deal: Work for it, and it would make the new world his, as he wished it.
Now if he had instead refused the evil, he might have become the final casualty in the fight against the apocalypse, giving the PCs an opportunity to end the world-eating menace for good.
Instead, he, accepting the deal in the faint hope that he could have his world, is now a broken man, and his mind slips deeper into ignorance and madness with every tick of the clock.
He has forgotten the world he was fighting for, the one he would sacrifice anything to live in.
Perhaps they can help him remember it, or perhaps he is too far gone.
>>
>>43619451
>Tarrasque takes levels in wizard

Gods help us all.
>>
>>43620510
>Tarrasque takes level in Bard.
That's got to be the best fucking show ever. Eternal party on it's back?
>>
>>43619163
>Fight against DBZ warriors for 30 or more episodes
>1 hour or so in the show
>Beating each one of them and have to force your body against each one of them
>Seating like a fag
>Not considered training
Toriyama a hoax
Return Gohan to its previous splendor
>>
>>43621072
Toriyama only cares about those sweet sweet yens, it's been a looong time since he cared about the story or the characters.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.