[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i know hero clix isn't popular on here but i need some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: logo.jpg (24 KB, 600x235) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
24 KB, 600x235
so i know hero clix isn't popular on here but i need some help. my friend insists that he has a team that cannot be beat at 400 points. the team consists of Tiamat from the deadpool set and 3 mole men from the galactic guardians set. essentially he could get 4 attacks out of tiamat each turn. what can i build for 400 points what could actually go toe to toe with with team?

i would like to run legion of super heroes, but i'm open to anything.
>>
Take the GotG Captain Marvel and a probability controller so whenever Marvel hits Tiamat he can't attack next turn.
>>
>>43615697
thanks! i am not too familiar with marvel clix. i was planning on running superdoom at his 175 point line and smww049 Superman with a hired thug. that way when he picks up an ultra heavy and hits someone with 7 penetrating damage the two main pieces start with invincible
>>
>>43615817
Another piece you might consider is slosh039 Bizarro, since he has to be hit six individual times to be KO'd independent of damage, which would put a damper on Tiamat's alpha strike.

If you want to be a dick you could always find whatever the cheapest possible wild card is and run a whole mess of them with a mystics user, so Tiamat kills himself trying to get through the chafe.
>>
>>43615697
so what if i run him with an agent 13 so even if i cant land a hit he cant do shit even when he's mind controlled?

>>43616105
i forgot he existed and that i own him, he's actually a wonderful solution, what would i use to hold up that tent pole? i mean with 100 points to kick around i could run a pair of hired henchmen and every time he's healed with support he gets another token. what about running Adara on him?
>>
>>43615024
In order to keep this thread alive: would playing two composite supermans/men on the same team be too ridiculous?
>>
>>43616289
fuck no. run 3. as long as they are the superman enemy kit one and you have 8 legionaries on the sideline. the way they are worded you can use any and all legion members on your sideline. i fucking love legion and anything i can do to make them useful. that's why i wanted to build a legion team to fight Tiamat.
>>
>>43616105
Wouldnt the problem with this be that Tiamat would basically hit this 5 times right from the word go?
>>
>>43616462
True, but that's five hits he's not putting on the rest of your team where it will do a lot more damage.
>>
>>43616555
yeah but in a 400 point game what else could i run that would even stand a chance if i ran this bizarro?
>>
>>43616583
I don't know, my main point was this would throw a major wrench into your opponent's expectations of wiping half your team on the first or second turn.

A better option might be to try to shut down the Mole Men. I know of asm028 Morbius who can outwit the same non defensive power on all opponents within 10 squares and line of fire, so no more three extra attacks for Tiamat.
>>
>>43616583
>>43616706
In that same vein, fl016 Doctor has a trait which prevents mind control from being used to target friendly characters to the user, so he passively shuts down all three Mole Men. He leaves you with 290 points to go up against Tiamat.
>>
>>43616706
i get the feeling this would be a battle of tent poles. i need to stand a solid chance of winning if nothing else to show him that there is no such thing as unbeatable.
>>
>>43616792
AND pulsewave. damn.
>>
>>43616800
>>43616792
Doctor is your best best, and you can run Jack Hawksmoor for TK and extra probability, and to make sure those Mole Men leave their starting area if that don't want to die.
>>
so far i've got:
fl033 Jack Hawksmoor
catws013 Agent 13
slosh039 Bizarro
gotg007b Captain Marvel
fl016 Doctor
asm028 Morbius

that can fuck up this team. any other suggestions? can >>43615817
stand a solid chance of winning?

i'm really happy to see heroclix has some sort of following on here. its the only place i could theory craft that he wouldnt be able to see or find.
>>
I'd say you need doctor, something with pulse wave to get through Invincible + Power cosmic, for example the SMWW Apollo or the 10th Anniversary brainiac, hell, anything with ophidian on it also works.
>>
>>43617193
that braniac could even promote into something that can fight that tiamat if he ran around busting up the mole men while doctor and some other chump kept tiamat occupied.
>>
>>43617106

Also you could run Ultron from hammer of thor, with juston seyfert, black talon and the 50pt chaos war scarlet witch to give him a taste of his own medicine

the 350pt chaos war thanos w/ parallax and yellow battery is completely unkillable bar pulse wave in 400pt. He would teleport tiamat before him, drop his attack down to 8 and have 20d with probability control, untouchable.
>>
>>43617330
i dont understand that first team at all
>>
>>43617479

You run Ultron as Justin seyfert's sentinel, which enables it activate more times a turn, you use Black talon to mind control Seyfert to activate Ultron another time.

Scarlet witch is there to put down a barrier so you don't get wrecked by the alpha strike.

Any other robot will do fine, though this ultron used to be one of the greatests.
>>
>>43617646
OOOH. okay. makes sense now. thanks.
>>
The utility belt with the handcuffs is great against one man armies.

For extra cheese, add The Unspoken from chaos war, which prevents you from using power actions, seeing as you need to use a power action to free yourself from the handcuffs.
>>
>>43617796
Would the new Clark cent from superman and wonder woman be an acceptable sub for the unspoken?
>>
>>43617824

yes
>>
>>43617824
>>43617840

Although you do need someone to hit with the cuffs first, so plan accordingly
>>
>>43617873
So I can use a solid hitter to cuff him, the Clark's to prob control and assure he hits and then send the hitter to clean up?
>>
>>43615024

Keep in mind that Tiamat has no way around hindering or blocking without muscling through. Smoke cloud or barrier will grind Tiamat to a halt. Even basing him with a pog will force wasted attacks or breakaway rolls.

Also, Tiamat is relatively slow when not Move and Attacking, and that means his initial swing will be a on a 10 attack. You can make that more unlikely to hit with Super Senses, Shape Change, Combat Reflexes, Energy Shield, Prob, Perplex, whatever. Once Tiamat lands a hit and starts charging, he'll get to use that 12, so keeping the first hit from landing is important.

Your friend is also going to have trouble placing all those Mole Men so that they can Mind Control Tiamat turn after turn. Ideally, he'd Move and Attack out, take a shot, and then move to another Mole Man to keep the chain going. Assuming Tiamat is mobile enough to hit each Mole Man and threaten another figure in the same go, his ideal threat range is about 10-12 squares away from you. If you can Telekinesis a Pulse Waver up to Tiamat before then, or Hypersonic in with an Ultra Heavy, you only need to get two or three damage on Tiamat before his attack, defences, and speed drop to manageable levels. Once you get to the Invul clicks, make sure you have a bunch of damage on hand to seal the deal before he can use Mind Control to get free regen rolls. That might mean ending your turn before all of your guys have gone, but you'll be glad for the final push.
>>
>>43618158
>>43617796
These make me wanna use a batman to lay down smoke clouds and handcuff. I don't want the team to be look like it was made ground up to kick tiamats ass, but be able to stand up for more than just that match.
>>
I also have to play this under the assumption that I will lose the map roll because I ALWAYS lose the map roll
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.