[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In terms of D&D stats, what level campaign would the Potterverse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 10
File: Harry+potter-Harry_Potter_HP4_01.jpg (156 KB, 1149x1600) Image search: [Google]
Harry+potter-Harry_Potter_HP4_01.jpg
156 KB, 1149x1600
In terms of D&D stats, what level campaign would the Potterverse roughly be?
>>
Besides the magic missile analog, do HP wizards have any purely damaging spells?

And can they teleport without using a permanent teleportation device?
>>
I've read all the books, some of them twice.

I still have very little idea of what the actual limits and capabilities of potterverse magic are. I don't think you could run it without some heavily narrativistic rules.
>>
>>43614633
>5e

Their best wizards are probably in the 5-10 tier (and that's the teachers/principal/nurse).

>Shadowrun

The worst aspected sorcerers in the world. Only paid lip service to because muh tradition while modern universities provide modern education to mages whose goal in life is to do more than masturbate about muh pure awakened lineage.
>>
File: Harry Potter.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43614633
>>
>>43614753
Yeah, doesn't seem like the type of game you'd run with D&D stats given how hit points are completely irrelevant with every wizard from the weakest to the strongest getting rekt by certain spells.
>>
>>43614794
>Flier
>cue players just hovering on their broom everywhere they go
>>
>>43614836
Drawfags pls
>>
>>43614633

The bigger question is who wins: full whorecrux voldy or Sauron? Explain your answer.
>>
>>43614715
It's a maybe for damage spells. They can start fired and blow holes in shit at least.

And yes, they can teleport. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Apparition
Then again, I'm reasonably sure you could take down any potterverse wizard you cared to with a gun, and they wouldn't stand a chance.
>>
>>43614947
>'m reasonably sure you could take down any potterverse wizard you cared to with a gun, and they wouldn't stand a chance.

>what is shield spell
>what is teleportation
>what is casting a pain spell

Nah.
>>
>>43614970

What's quicker, saying a spell or pulling a trigger?

And if all else fails, fuck it and go the dresden files route. Use a sniper rifle and they're dead before they even know they're in danger.
>>
>>43614715
>do HP wizards have any purely damaging spells?
Power Word Kill
>>
>>43614753
I'm pretty sure that Potterverse wizards are actually sorcerers who've somehow managed to convince themselves over the ages that they're Vancian casters.

I mean, how else would you explain variance in spell effects (such as in Transfiguration) according to the intention of the caster, despite the exact same motions and incantation being used?

More significantly, how would you reconcile the supposed requirements of wands and incantations (nonverbal or otherwise) with all the known instances of Muggleborns performing magical feats as children with access to and knowledge of neither.

The only conclusion I can reach is that their magic works because they believe, or want, hard enough that it should work.
>>
>>43615047
Power word kill isn't stopped by boiled leather.
>>
>>43615097
Neither is Magic Missile.

It's been a while since I read the books, what are you referring to?
>>
>>43615109
Presumably the Avada Kedavra thing.
>>
>>43615130
That's what I was talking about, when's AK stopped by clothing?
>>
>>43614715
I'm pretty sure Dumbledore could teleport, but he rarely did it. Might've been the phoenix familiar he had that let him, though.
>>
>>43615148
Supposedly it has no penetration and would be stopped by light ballistic armor.
>>
>>43615204
When was that implied?
>>
>>43614794
In terms of D&D 5e, I would give Harry
STR 13
DEX 13
CON 14
INT 16
WIS 9
CHA 14
>>
>>43615148
Potterverse magic doesn't really make sense. Avada Kedavra kills people without leaving a scratch (bullshit love-based charms excluded), and is supposedly totally unblockable (bullshit love-based charms excluded), but blows up a table and just stops there for some reason when it misses.

If it's 'unblockable', why doesn't it just keep propagating through space like a wave in an EM field, looking for a living target? Or, could I actually block it if I conjured tables quickly enough?
>>
>>43615226

When they would hide aroound corners or behind headstones and AK would be blocked.
>>
>>43615226
Rowling's statements.

>>43615239
This is way too high for PB even with a non-variant human.
>>
>>43615260
That's just lack of LoS to target.
>>
>>43615239
Which book's Harry is this supposed to be?

You're wrong either way.
>>
>>43615246
>Avada Kedavra kills people without leaving a scratch (bullshit love-based charms excluded), and is supposedly totally unblockable (bullshit love-based charms excluded), but blows up a table and just stops there
Massive power output, but it IMMEDIATELY dumps all its energy when it hits something.
Think of it like a hollowpoint round for a firearm. Compared to FMJ, hollowpoints have far better expansion, leading to impressively nasty wound cavities that will fuck your shit if they hit you. But they can't penetrate for shit, because they to deform and expand the moment they hit something. This is actually considered a HUGE advantage for defensive shooting situations and is why so many gun owners carry hollowpoints.
>>
>>43615282
He's got a point tho. Clothes obviously doesn't block it, but headstones do? Where does it draw the line? Would a steel plate be enough?
>>
>>43614892
Sauron, by virtue of not being able to die.
Or a stalemate, until the domestic elves throw all the magickstuffs down a volcano.
>>
>>43615301
That doesn't sound particularly unblockable to me. Why would wizards just LIE like that?
>>
>>43615301

Here on /tg/ we don't like guns IRL shitlord, take it to /k/
>>
>>43615180
>Voldemort raised his wand and another jet of green light streaked at Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak. Next second, he had reappeared behind Voldemort and waved his wand towards the remnants of the fountain.

>Voldemort vanished; the snake reared from the floor, ready to strike –

>There was a burst of flame in midair above Dumbledore just as Voldemort reappeared, standing on the plinth in the middle of the pool where so recently the five statues had stood.

>>43614715
>Besides the magic missile analog, do HP wizards have any purely damaging spells?

They have spells meant only for cutting shit up, ones that blow a hole in the street deep enough to reach the piping (i think), and I'm pretty sure they have shit like entrail-expelling stuff.
>>
>>43615322

Ned Kelly: Wizard Slayer
>>
>>43615332
You new here?
>>
>>43615333
>Dumbledore, who turned and was gone in a whirling of his cloak. Next second, he had reappeared behind Voldemort
I never noticed how anime that fight was until now.
>>
>>43615329
It's magic, dude.
HP Wizards are rather impractical in their thinking.
This is stated outright in the very first book. Remember what Snape's room guarding the Stone was? A logic puzzle.
"Brilliant. This isn't magic — it's logic — a puzzle. A lot of the greatest wizards haven't got an ounce of logic, they'd be stuck in here for ever."
Wizards suffer from a SEVERE case of "when all you have is a hammer", and since no known Shield Charm works against AK, they describe it as "unblockable".
>>
File: dat reaction image.png (111 KB, 542x218) Image search: [Google]
dat reaction image.png
111 KB, 542x218
>>43615351
>Ned Kelly: Wizard Slayer
>>
>>43615329
>>
>>43614993
They could wreck any army if they knew what they're doing, if they go tacticool with invisibility, "I make this place impossible to found by non magic people", teleportation, shield, memory manipulation, mind control and so on...
They have no idea what they are doing.
>>
>>43615239
The physical stats are way too damn high for a wizard.
>>
>>43615404
Even if you can block it by ducking behind corners and headstones. Right.

Why are Potterverse wizards such a shit?
>>
>>43615446
>Why are Potterverse wizards such a shit?

It's a hastily-done book series written for little kids.
>>
File: point buy.png (571 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
point buy.png
571 KB, 1600x900
>>43615275
>way too high for PB even with a non-variant human.
nope.
>>
>>43615446
Because if they were competent they would actually be ruling the world instead of barely limping along in the 21st century.
>>
>>43615382
Clearly a troll, able to be outsmarted by two eleven year olds

>>43614753
The wider use and specifics are left pretty vague - definitely not written with anything other than the narrative in mind, which is fair enough
>>
>>43615333
They also have at least one "put everything on fire caster included" spell.
>>
>As our investigations currently stand, the longest period that may be relived without the possibility of serious harm to the traveller or to time itself is around five hours. We have been able to encase single Hour-Reversal Charms, which are unstable and benefit from containment, in small, enchanted hour-glasses that may be worn around a witch or wizard’s neck and revolved according to the number of hours the user wishes to relive.

>All attempts to travel back further than a few hours have resulted in catastrophic harm to the witch or wizard involved. It was not realised for many years why time travellers over great distances never survived their journeys. All such experiments have been abandoned since 1899, when Eloise Mintumble became trapped, for a period of five days, in the year 1402. Now we understand that her body had aged five centuries in its return to the present and, irreparably damaged, she died in St Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries shortly after we managed to retrieve her. What is more, her five days in the distant past caused great disturbance to the life paths of all those she met, changing the course of their lives so dramatically that no fewer than twenty-five of their descendants vanished in the present, having been “un-born”.

>Finally, there were alarming signs, during the days following Madam Mintumble’s recovery, that time itself had been disturbed by such a serious breach of its laws. Tuesday following her reappearance lasted two and a half full days, whereas Thursday shot by in the space of four hours. The Ministry of Magic had a great deal of trouble in covering this up and since that time, the most stringent laws and penalties have been placed around those studying time travel.
>>
>>43615446
Dodging and using cover isn't blocking, anon. It's avoiding it entirely.
Body armor or one of them great big metal SWAT shields ain't gonna do shit for dick to stop .50 BMG from making you dead, but a good solid wall gives you at least half a chance (provided they didn't bring any Mk 211 Mod 0 in any case).
>>
>>43614715
They have a variety of "magic missile" bolt of energy nonsense, with the standard being stunning bolts for the heroes and insta-kill-if-it-touches-you/anything murder bolts for the villains. The only way to protect from either shown in the series was dodging them, using a large piece of inert material as a shield, or making a new bolt/piece of magic nonsense to collide with an incoming one. Potterland wizards can teleport as an inherent acquired skill with no preparation (and with no device other than their wands, but wands were mandatory for every act of magic), needing only to visualise their destination in a weird and unpleasant mental exercise; there are range limits for each teleport, but they can chain them up infinitely.

Probably the most significant point in Potter wizards' favour is their unlimited capacity for magic, along with their near-instantaneous potential for casting of most spells. To explain the former, they don't have a max number of spells like DnD casters, nor does their magic expend some kind of inherent essence or mana; they can cast as many murder bolts or fire storm equivalents as they may desire. To explain the latter, they can develop the skill to cast magic mentally instead of verbally, to the effect of casting at the speed of thought. Proper wand movements are also apparently necessary, though, so I suppose they're limited to rapidly chaining the spells that have compatible initial and concluding motions.

>>43614753
Pretty much this, as far as the limits and capabilities are concerned. Spells can be created easily enough for grade school prodigies to do it in the Potterverse (no idea how, it's not explained) and there's all forms of uncontrollable overpowered nonsense, to the extent that even things as powerful as Wish have some form of representation. Actually, it's absurd how casually a lot of it, including the Wish plot device, is treated in the books.
>>
>>43615333
Misty Step, Dimension Door or Blink depending on the edition would cover that kind of short jump.
>>
>>43615518
>but wands were mandatory for every act of magic
I'm pretty sure Dumbledore could at least teleport without use of his wand, but I think it was implied that he had some form of magical creature in his ancestry.
>>
There's literally a surprisingly decent fanfiction of this exact scenario
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8096183/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Natural-20
>>
>>43615591
In order to gauge whether your opinion is worth taking into account...
What's your opinion of MoR?
>>
>>43615431
yeah and even if they were shot at there are spells that can shield objects from projectiles.
They really just want to be left alone instead of dealing with normies
>>
>>43615725
>wizard /r9k/
>>
All I know is that a bunch of basically untrained kids are consistently capable of kicking the shit out of the most dangerous and accomplished wizards of their time. I don't think you can assign a level to that, or even meaningful stats.
>>
>>43615745
They actually were led by gandalf and went the full mook progression up to full power voldie when they were magical guerrilla child soldiers
>>
>>43615745
Hey! They had training in the fifth year!
Not enough you said? But it was a training montage!
>>
>>43615502
>using cover isn't blocking, anon
By definition, using cover is blocking. With the cover.

You'd think, in all the history of fighting Dark Wizards ever, someone will have noticed, 'oh, hey, I can block this spell with solid objects!'

After which, just a single wizard possessed of logic could have changed the course of DADA entirely by finding out exactly how much material is required to block Unforgivable Curses.

Except that it still wouldn't be consistent, because why do headstones explode and desks catch fire, while the thickest of clothings are presumably left entirely unscathed?
>>
>>43615322
Probably just kills anything the person is wearing/holding on to.
>>43615737
Not that depressing or pathetic
>>
>>43615745
>They said putting all my points into luck was a bad idea
>>
File: Master_ChiefSync.png (464 KB, 596x744) Image search: [Google]
Master_ChiefSync.png
464 KB, 596x744
>>43615827
>>They said putting all my points into luck was a bad idea

Said no one ever
>>
>>43615246
>why doesn't it just keep propagating through space like a wave in an EM field, looking for a living target?

I wish Rowling had been smart enough to think of this. It would have showcased the seriousness of the incantation so much more.
>>
>>43615633
it's one of the most insufferable, pseudo-intellectual, cringeworthy pieces of fiction I've ever sampled.
>>
>>43615805
It penetrates a little it seems, then if it's inside an object it either blows up or catches fire.

It's pretty much the ultimate murderhobo wizard spell.
>>
>>43615864
Then your opinion shall be taken as reasonable, and I shall give this fic you have presented a perusal.
Sorry about the weird phrasing, I'm kinda drunk as shit right now.
>>
>>43615805
I assume it wouldn't work since wizards probably blasted knights in full plate armour with shields.

I don't think anyone would be willing to be test subjects either if it did work.
>>
>>43615246
>If it's 'unblockable', why doesn't it just keep propagating through space like a wave in an EM field, looking for a living target? Or, could I actually block it if I conjured tables quickly enough?

But EM waves are blockable. Shine a flashlight at a table and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>43615896
Avada Kedavra works on animals too, you know.
>>
>>43615864
>one of the most insufferable, pseudo-intellectual, cringeworthy pieces of fiction I've ever sampled
So it's exactly like this thread?
>>
>>43615904
It would become a deathcloud in the opposite direction?
>>
>>43615922
Don't be mad anon. It's only the truth.
>>
>>43615917

That's not true.
>>
>>43615917
>hear fluffy let me duct tape this Kite Shield to your face
>>
File: 1419062436847.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1419062436847.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
>>43615922
No.

It's worse.
>>
>>43615633
Not that guy but... What the fuck is MoR?
>>
>>43615853
John's player didn't put it all in luck, though. He got a nice even distribution of stats so that he wouldn't have any glaring weak points, and then proceeded to roll like a fucking GOD for the entire campaign.
>>
>>43615949
Utter and complete dogshit with a horrid fanbase of pseudo-intellectual asshats.
>>
>>43615548
>he had some form of magical creature in his ancestry
>ancestry actually fucking matters in terms of powerlevel

Gas the mudbloods, magic war now.

Voldemort did nothing wrong.
>>
>>43614947
>>43614993
I believe Rowling has said they're weak against guns, but never had a source on it. They are pretty ignorant of them, though, the main newspaper described them as 'metal wands muggles use to kill each other' in the 1990s.
>>
>>43615938
I guess Barty Crouch Jr. just trained that spider to play dead really well, huh?
>>
>>43615999

Movie non-canon BS
>>
>>43615864
not even its "science" or "rationality" is any good; http://su3su2u1.tumblr.com/tagged/Hariezer-Yudotter/chrono it's tumblr, yes, but it's the blog of someone with an actual PhD in physics reviewing the fic and showing its frequent mistakes.
>>
>>43615971
>I believe Rowling has said they're weak against guns, but never had a source on it.

Nah, that's bullshit. Nobody has ever been able to provide a source, and there are several places that contain transcripts of interviews and shit.

I mean you may be able to make some argument about how well they would deal with guns, but Rowling never said anything like that.
>>
>>43615518
>but wands were mandatory for every act of magic
Look, one of the few things Rowling DID realize, is how insanely strong the wands are.
The the point where she added a war between the sentient magic races, for the rights to use wands. And the other races lost.

Rawly imported in DnD it would look like:
1. Don't need to make a concentration check to cast spells
2. You have to make gestures to cast magic, but only which direction the wand is facing(contra DnD's full body gestures)
3. Boosts your caster level, significantly
4. All spell casted with Wands are swift action
5. Removes the need of the base stat needed to cast magic
6. Most metamagic feats, just by wielding the wand
7. And more
Thats pretty insane. I.E To do silent spell, all you need to do is to make a concentration check.
Wild Magic is something we don't see a lot of in Harry Potter.
>>
>>43615938
>>43616008
In book six a fox dies to it and fawkes has been blasted by it in book five
>>
>>43614633
None. The magic is cast fairly effortlessly and the spells can be insanely powerful, yet their physical abilities are pretty pathetic.

Bunch of level 1 and 2s casting upwards of 7th level spells at will.
>>
>>43615965
Well, i went to google it (as Harry Potter MoR) and if it is this Methods of Rationality fanfic... I must say, sounds pretty retarded. Let me guess, no character act like their canon counterparts and Harry (or Draco, or both) is an insufferable Sue.

So, how many points do i get?
>>
>>43615745
>basically untrained
They only start fighting at the end of the fifth book, and had a death eater instead of their proper DADA teacher in book four, teaching them shit that they weren't meant to learn until they were older.
They were also semi-members of the Order of the Phoenix, so may have had some training there too.

And all this ignores that all three of them are explicitly very good at magic - Ron's the weakest, but he was still an auror, from a family that was old as fuck and good at magic (the twins, curse-breaker Charlie, dragon-tamer Bill etc.)
>>
>>43616133
You don't know the best. The author is adamant that his characters can't be sue because the villain is sue-er
>>
>>43616133
4/10 see >>43616174
And just Harry is sue, but is starting to get contagious.
>>
>>43616147
>Death Eater for a DADA teacher
>these children are very dangerous, and explicitly against all that I stand for
>better teach them powerful magic
>>
>>43616189
>what is espionage
He had to act like Mad-Eye and he wasn't exactly the most sane character.
>>
>>43614633
A simple conversion of VTM revised has made for a remarkably fun and rules-light adventure.

10/10 would cast play again.
>>
>>43616174
Wha kind of logic is that? So, because Evil Golden McDick is sue-er, the sue protagonist can't be a Sue?

Sounds like some Paolini-tier bullshit.

>>43616188
Dang, only 4/10.

So, who's the villain of this one? Voldie? Dumbledore? Evil self-insert?
>>
>>43615965
>>43616133
Is MoR the one where Harry is Super Hermione? Somehow gets a time rewinder in year 1.
And is somehow super good at magic?
>>
>>43616242
Quirrel, except he's really Voldemort (to absolutely nobodies surprise).
>>
>>43616242
It's Voldemort and eventually Harry, with both cast as utterly garbage both-good-AND-evil fanfic ubermenschen.
>>
>>43616189
He was kind of insane, even before his trial and imprisonment in the sanity-destroying prison, and the imperius curses laid on him afterwards

And he probably felt that giving a bunch of kids dark magic was what voldemort would want, which it kind of was.
>>
>>43614970

>DISPELLIAR-
*BLAM*
>CRUC-
*BLAM*

Yeah, by the time you whip out your wand, do your magic waving thingy and say the spell, you're already dead or have too many holes in you to do shit. That being said, Wizards could fucking destroy normies if they wanted to, or had any idea of what they were doing.

Tacticool operating operatives with assault rifles and magic would be fucking horrifying.
>>
>>43615591
Okay, I'm reading it and it's pretty funny. Not very well written but still funny
>>
>>43614715
There's a stun-spell, but I forget what it's called.

In Chamber of Secrets, Harry uses some kind of energy blast attack against the giant spiders that attack him and Ron.

There's Sectumsempra (sp?) which from my understanding is basically summoning an invisible sword to slash your target.

Fiendfyre, which summons a giant monster-shaped fire elemental that ignites everything it sees

Cruciatus, which causes immense debilitating pain (but can't kill, although repeated torture can drive a person insane)

And of course Avada Kedavra, which is an instakill.
>>
>>43616260
Yeah.
And also a total genius with deep knowledge of science and the social maturity of a twenty year old tumblrina
>>
>>43616310
Silent spell when you didn't shoot yet or shield spell on an object
Like the shield hat the weasleys made but for guns
>>
>>43616310
meh I think they would just put kinetic shield charm on themselves if they knew they had to fight against guns. Although if you went tacticool on them and surprised them they would get fucked.

As for the magic operators
Exploding rounds that multiply every time you fire them until it eventually rounds out just like some of the fireworks
>>
>>43616376
runs out* god damn I'm tired
>>
>>43616372
>>43616376
>Implying wizards have a specific spell to counter guns

Considering how ignorant most wizards seem to be of the modern world, that doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>43616343
>There's a stun-spell, but I forget what it's called.

Stupify

>In Chamber of Secrets, Harry uses some kind of energy blast attack against the giant spiders that attack him and Ron.

That may be movieshit desu. Can't remember if it was in the books.

Then there's stuff like the entrail-expelling shit
>>
>>43615445
Harry was a jock, did regular athletic events, and got into more than a few fistfights.
>>
>>43616310

they mentioned something about Voldemort summoning hurricanes.
>>
>>43616432
They don't but they could make one without a sweat. Or maybe they can use the same they certainly have for arrows after all the witch hunting?
>>
>>43614715
Any Wizard in Harry Potter can cast sparks. Nothing stopping them turning that into a concentrated welding spark burst.

>>43616343
Fiendfyre ends up more like a natural disaster, if the caster loses control over it.
The only limitation it has is that it needs the material it combusts to ignite.
>>
>>43616432
Dude theres a spell that makes objects fly away when it gets near that literally makes guns useless. Imperturbable charms. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Imperturbable_Charm
>>
>>43616475
>Or maybe they can use the same they certainly have for arrows after all the witch hunting?

Reminds me of the witch who repeatedly let herself be burned at the stake because she thought it was funny.

Wendelin the Weird or something like that iirc
>>
>>43616310
Dresden Files covers this. Wizard vs. high powered rifle at a distance where the bullet hits before the target hears the shot. Rifle wins.
>>
>>43616504
>wizard enchants himself with Sensum Intentum 10km Radius before he gets out of bed that morning

>robot snipers developed that can act without "intent"

>wizards forced to reverse-engineer muggle technology to survive

>magitek takeover
>>
>>43616318
The quality of writing improves, and the sheer knowledge of DnD systems shown off as it progresses is honestly just astounding. It's the only fanfiction I would call enjoyable and entertaining, and that's really for the fact that it's more a vehicle and homage to DnD's history and mechanics than a derivative work.
>>
>>43616376

Exploding rounds is boring. How about you have a squad of telepathically communicating elite operatives in full tacticool gear, with wrist-mounted telescope wands just appearing out of the fucking woodwork by teleportation. Instead of a flashbang, the door gets blown off by a kinetic blast and a guy with a wand lights the room up, rest of the squad moves in, ventilating everything.

Though going with the exploding bullet idea, throw a frag grenade into the room after casting Gemino Curse on it. Or even better, use some sort of a nasty flechette grenade.

They got Homenum Revelio to know beforehand where enemies will be and probably decked up the ass with potions that give anything from night-vision to superhuman reflexes to waterbreathing to whatever the fuck you can imagine. Bonus cool points for a tactical vest filled with small potion flasks for mid-mission enjoyment, Witcher style. Targets can't even escape and you can secure the doors behind you with a Imperturbable Charm. Silencio works instead of silencers. Slaughter a room without anyone knowing something is going on in the same building.
>>
>>43616578
Yeah, it's really the DnD bit that crack me up. And the munchkin "PC"
>>
>>43616614
RIP world
although hostage extraction would be ridiculously easy if you could just apparate in grab hostage drop a bomb to kill terrorists and apparate out.
>>
>>43614633
1-5 would be the regular wizards. Up to 12 if you're including people like Dumbledore and Voldemort.
>>
>>43615297
>either way
This applies to cases where there are two possibilities. "Either" always refers to a binary state. A more appropriate word would be "regardless".
>>
>>43616694

>Apparate
>Imperius on a dude who knows nuclear launch codes and all of the necessary personnel
>Launch one to Paris for shits and giggles and because French are dicks
>Hold the world hostage

And that's how Voldemort won.
>>
>>43616855
>Voldemort
>knowing enough about muggles to pull that off
He's a massively arrogant dickbag. This is REPEATEDLY his downfall.
>>
>>43616855
>Launch one to Paris because French are dicks.
I like you.

Although.... Voldemort probably wouldn't do that since he based his name off french.
lets go with Grindelwald just getting the atomic bomb in 1945 and dumping it on Paris instead.
>>
>>43616901
>lets go with Grindelwald just getting the atomic bomb in 1945 and dumping it on Paris instead.

That's actually a pretty cool idea. I might use that sometime.
>>
>>43614892
Sauron is an actual God, or damn near one. Voldemort is a snake guy who can use his terrible magical power to...basically the same as if he'd just used a fucking gun. Sauron would eat the motherfucker alive and then enslave Voldy to his will.

Better question: Who would win? Sauron, or Lord Foul?
>>
>>43617304
Way closer to an angel, really. Morgoth on the other hand...
>>
>>43615239
You forgot that harry has like fucking 18 dex.
>>
>>43615400
>No, it is I who is behind YOU!
>>
File: true story.jpg (26 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
true story.jpg
26 KB, 720x405
>>43615487
Just to repeat, wizards fucked up time on a global scale when they experimented with time travel back in 1899.
>>
>>43617439
>wizards fucked up
And..?
>>
>>43617337
Still, orders of fucking magnitude higher in scale than "pale guy with a stick-gun".
>>
>>43616019
Class? vanilla wizards?
>>
File: file.png (182 KB, 221x325) Image search: [Google]
file.png
182 KB, 221x325
>>43616189
>>43616147
I keep reading this differently from how you mean it.
>>
>>43618182
Yeah, at his absolute best Voldemort would be Ring Wraith Tier. Probably on par with the Witch King.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.