[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been looking to get back into either Warhammer 40k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: warhammer.jpg (283 KB, 749x417) Image search: [Google]
warhammer.jpg
283 KB, 749x417
I've been looking to get back into either Warhammer 40k or Warmahordes (I've played 40k for a long time but never played Warmahordes) but I've been having some trouble finding people to play with. I don't really want to just try my luck at my nearest GW because usually it's filled with a bunch of kids (which was fine when I started playing the game 8 or 9 years ago but now not so much) and my FLGS seems like it's so freeform over there that you basically have to already have a group formed outside of the place and then just go there to use the boards they have or whatever. Any suggestions for finding other people to play with?

Also in terms of differences between 40k and Warmahordes, how different are they? Do Warmachine and Hordes use the same rules so they can be run together or are they completely different games?
>>
Warmachine and Hordes use rules that are similar enough for them to be considered the same game. They are 100% compatible.
One of the biggest differences between 40k and Warmahordes is scale. Depending at the point-level you play at, you'll be fielding more minis in a game of 40k.
Both games kinda suck. Neither are balanced. Both games cost about the same to play. which is more popular is going to depend on your local meta.
40k has FAR better minis. PP makes the shittiest minis on the market, GW makes some of the best.
>>
File: Trollbloods-Mountain-King.jpg (516 KB, 1000x1179) Image search: [Google]
Trollbloods-Mountain-King.jpg
516 KB, 1000x1179
>>43613946

Really? Some of the Hordes models look pretty gorgeous. Do you mean shitty in terms of fitting them together yourself, in terms of overall model quality, or what?
>>
>>43614059
The type of plastic they use is garbage and the model quality is terrible.
Have you ever held a warmahordes mini?
The edges and details are really soft, which is far from ideal.
>>
>>43614059
why are there so many hump backed models in warmahordes?? I swear someone at PP has a Quasimodo fetish or something.
>>
>>43614083

Do they have their own line of paints the way GW uses Citadel? I've heard of Vallejo before; Is that like the Citadel of PP?
>>
>>43614059
Some of the sculpts look pretty awesome, but that is of course after you have gone through a couple bottles of super glue, pinned the shit out of them, removed mold lines on shitty plastic that puts mantic to shame, and cleaned them up... THEN you can start applying paint.

The game is great, but I find myself wishing the tournament scene was more friendly to conversions and using 3rd party models because while I don't miss GW's bullshit they keep pulling on their customer, by god i miss their plastic model kits.
>>
>>43614369
They have the P3 line.
The P3 line is pretty good. Their brushes are awesome. I've found that the P3 paints flow a little more than I like them too, and they dry with a finish noticeably shinier than citadel paint. It's a matter of preference, and I prefer Citadel.
>>
>>43614059

Why does everyone post this colossal as a quote unquote "counter argument" to people saying PP models suck dick?

The sculpt isn't even that good, Trollbloods are some of their shittiest sculpts, AND their models really ARE crappy quality.

At least post their better sculpts like their most recent warcasters. Everyone goes "oh my god the mountain king proves PP models are amazing" for some reason. As if. It's shit. Look at the retarded trolls on his arms, and how crappy the skin folds are on the biceps. That image is only a good paint job making a decent model look not shitty. Other companies have models that look fucking amazing even when unpainted.
>>
>>43614059
Outliers aside Warhammer games (especially fantasy) have the best sculpts on the market

PP games are about "the competitive scene" and focuses mostly on that

GW focuses on quality sculpts and lore, which is why their game isn't exactly air tight.

Still for the time I don't play with my models they should rock the cupboard they sit in, which is why WHFB is kick ass
>>
>>43615501

Hey man I don't know anything about this stuff, I just thought it looked cool
>>
>>43615843
ignore the butthurt guy

play warmahordes if you care about the game more than the models, or are willing to put in some big work to customize your shit.

play 40k if you care about models more than the game.
>>
>>43616022
>calls people butthurt
>makes the same points about the model quality

Typical /tg/ faglord.
>>
>>43616049
>expecting someone who doesn't use the shift key or at the very least use a mobile device that auto-capitalizes to not be a faggot

I swear it's just one same guy throughout /tg/. All the shitposts are no-caps.
>>
>>43614714
What if I told you, you can make use of both at the same time?
>>
>>43613946
40k makes solid, but terribly basic in terms of construction, models, with stiff poses demanded by the multipart nature of the kits. If you're not into the 40k aesthetic, they really offer nothing to justify the extra price tag.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.