[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>After hearing of a unstoppable monster, leaving nothing but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11
File: hqdefault.jpg (2 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
2 KB, 480x360
>After hearing of a unstoppable monster, leaving nothing but ruin and destruction behind it, and being seemingly immortal, your party investigates
>In center of the laat village it attacked, your party finds a small child filled with determination.
>What happens next?
>>
I roll to seduce
>>
>>43612884
Just reload your save file.
>>
File: 1447356281345.png (2 MB, 500x7493) Image search: [Google]
1447356281345.png
2 MB, 500x7493
>>43612884
We give it the best damn fight we can before it eventually kills us on one of its turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2jVbSI9H4o
>>
>>43612884
I challenge it to a match of a children's card game!
>>
File: Table Tumblr.gif (966 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Table Tumblr.gif
966 KB, 500x281
>>43612884
I once again challenge it to a children's card game, despite the beast having somehow deleted the last post I did it in.
>>
>>43612945
but after the genocide run, the save files are permanently altered
>>
File: keikaku.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
keikaku.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>43612961
>>43612987

The fuck? So, it appears, disappears after a refresh, and now it's back?

the board is fucking with me
>>
File: rita1.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rita1.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
Bring it, my last character was pretty much Shadowrun pic related.
>>
>>43612884
shoot him to death and smack the dm for shoehorning this game into our game like an idiot
>>
File: shaq shimmy.gif (4 MB, 626x380) Image search: [Google]
shaq shimmy.gif
4 MB, 626x380
>>43612884
>mfw playing exalted
gets utterly destroyed because she isn't in a universe where saving exists

probably throw her to some mortals so they can have some fun with her too, after she's been disabled
>>
>>43613253
>exalted
>something not existing

Someone's a little Terrestrial bitch. Maybe you should take a nice long walk somewhere else while I build another Shinmaic Reality Fucker.
>>
File: DETERMINATION.png (10 KB, 387x447) Image search: [Google]
DETERMINATION.png
10 KB, 387x447
>>43612884
>chara/frisk
>one-shots boss monsters
>never loses
>I know the secret to his power

1. Ask him to join the party. We will destroy monsterkind together. We can even hook him up with real knives.

2. We go to a mouse hole to pick up some DETERMINATON.
>>
>>43612987
Anyone got another fat guy flipping out after a game?
>>
>>43613773
we've got a whole thread full of 'em
>>
>>43613253
I don't think You understand. It's not that "She isn't in a universe where saving exists".
It's that YOU see now in a universe where SHE exists.
All universes where she ,chara, exists allow saving by definition.
It's like fighting a quantum computer. By endless attempts she'll find a way to defeat You. And You only have to be defeated once.
It's unwinnable.
>>
>>43613804
I mean in gif format.
>>
>>43612884
>What happens next?
Faggots start posting about it on every board of 4chan.
>>
]i prepare to have a talk with my very best friend.
>>
>>43612884

It's already too late.

Your desire to expand yourself brought about this problem.
Every time your attack, your armor bonus, your hp, your gold, every time a number increased C H A R A got stronger.
Abandon hope and flee while there is still time. Or EMBRACE WHAT YOU ARE.
>>
I can't be the only one who's ever included an avatar of humanity's desire for war, bloodshed, and cruelty in a game.

I mean, it's pretty much proto-Khorne. Calling it a different thing doesn't mean it's not an expression of the same thing.
>>
>>43614299
I don't think it fits Khorne well, it's less blood, more expansion. As well there's the whole 'If you think you can, then you have to' bit.

Maybe Khorne+Slannesh-Nurgle with a sprinkling of Tyranid? Or is it just all Tyranid with the psychotic focus on expansion, destruction, then leaving to find something new to eat away.
>>
>>43614382
Well, maybe not Khorne specifically, but it's still a common concept that's been around for a while.
>>
>>43614494
Of course, this kind of monster has been around as long as we've been considering tales from more then a single dimension.
>>
>>43613023
So? Don't read the altered files.
>>
>>43614382
It's pretty much a Slannesh daemon with Khorne flavour. It's whole deal was that it was the desire to kill things and increase numbers without limit. That is the very definition of the excess Slannesh promotes.
>>
File: Brad.png (2 KB, 150x233) Image search: [Google]
Brad.png
2 KB, 150x233
>After the child runs past you, this man comes and asks you where she is
>What do you do?

you run
>>
>>43615350
"Just ahead and to the left, behind the bombed out building."
>He casually walks past, content to leave you whole.
>>
>>43615350
>You run
>He chases you down, ties you to a telephone pole, and beats you with a spiked club even when you plead for him to stop until he passes out, long after you've died.
>>
>>43615032
>It's pretty much a Slannesh daemon with Khorne flavour. It's whole deal was that it was the desire to kill things and increase numbers without limit. That is the very definition of the excess Slannesh promotes.

Also, it won't/can't kill things that it doesn't enter an "encounter" with. Which implies some limits to its violence.
>>
>>43613805
I don't think you understand what being a Solar Exalted means.

They have fought enemies just like you describe and have won. They have killed the unkillable makers of reality, and made the rest their bitches. I'm not talking killing something that's just immortal, i'm talking bringing the definition of death to a thing that doesn't have it in it's manifestation. Death was such a foreign concept to them, and the Exalted killed them anyways.
>>
>>43613805
I don't think you understand "perfect defense". It's not "perfect defense until you fall asleep", it's "perfect defense".

It's a scripted lose battle where you cannot reduce the enemy HP.
>>
File: Determination_2.png (167 KB, 1600x1564) Image search: [Google]
Determination_2.png
167 KB, 1600x1564
>>43615930
>It's a scripted lose battle where you cannot reduce the enemy HP.

>implying chara/frisk needs to reduce the enemy's HP to win
Frisk has won multiple battles in which he couldn't physically harm his enemy.
>>
>>43616041
Solars won multiple battles against living universes and sapiant concepts.
Sidereals, meanwhile, win battles against things they cannot harm by punching the definition of harm until it's been shaped into something that can affect the target. Or by punching Fate until the thing was always will have been harming itself, forever, within one to three business days of punch delivery. Note: business days may be concurrent.
>>
>>43615777
>Tfw even if you beat him he just takes joy and gets stronger
>tfw if you beat him with joy he just turns into a joy mutant and fucking demolishes everything
>>
>>43612884
I delete my save file.
>>
File: Lord Soth (Dragonlance).jpg (138 KB, 736x1110) Image search: [Google]
Lord Soth (Dragonlance).jpg
138 KB, 736x1110
>>43612884
My Fighter surrenders to the forces of darkness and becomes a Death Knight, eternally arising to fight the child until the determined one yields.
Perhaps he will fall, but even so, it still buys his loved ones time to live and prepare with.
He who fights monsters...
>>
>>43612884
>>What happens next?
I go CHIM and tell the kid that two can play this game while loading up a hex editor.
>>
>>43612884
I tell the GM to stop this crazyness, or failing that, bypass it by telling the party to leave the game
sometimes the most determined thing you can do is quit
>>
>>43618799

If you quit that just means you aren't determined enough. That's actually a theme in undertale.
>>
Cheat Engine to the rescue.

>>43618823
I quit because I didn't care about any of the characters.
>>
>>43618823
Another theme is that determination is a tool, which means it is neither good nor evil, but it can be used for both.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.