[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to seduce a girl into tabletop gaming?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I have a GF. She likes all stuff fantasy and gothic and stuff, but is untouched by gaming, either tabletop or vidya.

So, I want to draw my GF into the sweet world of tabletop gaming, so when she sooner or later sees my miniature collection she's not appaled but goes "Oh, awesome!" and also so she's interested in my gaming, not getting pissed at me for not paying attention to her.

What should I start with? I was thinking some RPG, maybe a dungeon crawl, so she can get used to some minis... It's gotta be something she can do solo, preferably - she wouldn't be interested in joining a bunch of geeks at first - but it's gotta be engaging.
Wargames, even skirmish, are a no-no, since such a bunch of minis will surely scare her off.

Help me, /tg/!
>>
>>43611494
A goth chick?

Run WoD for her. Maybe a solo game of Vampire. "Personal horror" works well for solo games.
>>
I wouldn't get so worked up about it. She'll either like it or won't, and there's not too much you can do to convince her otherwise. But the good news is that you don't need her to be into the same shit as you. She can still be an awesome GF with her own independent hobbies separate from you.
>>
>>43611534
not really goth, just enjoys gothic stuff from time to time.

I'm afraid to start with storytelling games. She might get too interested in them and look down at dice throwing and mini hordes.

>>43611539
I just want to make a good first impression. Dispel stereotypes, if she has them.

And yes, while I don't need her to be into it, I'm fairly sure she'd like it if I properly introduce her to gaming, and it'll be awesome.
>>
>>43611494
well, I guess you could invest into Castle Ravenloft, although it is pricy.
perfect to play solo/duo, so you could play together
>>
>>43611573
>Not really goth, just enjoys gothic stuff
That's called a Black Princess, in case you were curious.

This anon has the right idea.>>43611534
>>
>>43611494
>So, I want to draw my GF into the sweet world of tabletop gaming,
You need to roll to seduce.
>>
>>43612073
My charisma is too low to affect a seduce roll, sadly.
>>
Introduce her to WH40k, it's really goth

Gothic, not goth?
oh
>>
>>43611494
>not getting pissed at me for not paying attention to her.

How about not dating children?
>>
>>43612097
It's okay, as long as you roll nat 20.
>>
>>43611534

This anon has the right idea.

Another idea you might want to try is a Plaster-Fun-House date.

Bare with me.

This is something I tried with my partner, and the results where pretty great. I took her down to a plaster fun house to have a 'paint date'. It's a great idea for a date if she's a little bit artsy, and if she isn't it's a good way to expose her to that side of the miniature collection and see how she feels.

You hang out together and paint for a couple of hours. See how she finds it. If she enjoys it, you've got an 'in' for the miniature part of the hobby. If she doesn't, then it was just a nice date and you know she's not interested in that side of things.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.