[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic the gathering deck idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 398520.full.jpg.png (96 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
398520.full.jpg.png
96 KB, 200x279
Hey /tg/ I made a snap decision a little while ago and bought 4 copies of Sphinx tutelage for a weird blue black white idea i had but scrapped later. I was thinking about what to do with them and I kinda wanted to through them into a blue black red madness deck for casual play... what other cards would you suggest to help me out besides just red "draw card then discard a card" cards? any ideas to transistion away from mill and more into madness/ both players discard?
>>
>>43608919
Sarkhan the Dragon speaker, Avaricious Dragon for balls deep card play. There is one card from dragon's maze that makes everyone discard their hand at their end phase, too. I kinda wanted to play a crazy, edge of your seat deck like that.
>>
>>43608919
I'd consider running RUB control/draw with Sphinx as one of the win cons along side them drawing too much.
Run things like Dark Deals, Faithless looting, and Volcanic Insight for draw while using stuff like Murderous Cut, Lighting bolt, remand, and so on for control.
>>
>>43609916

yeah that was the idea, make a super risky deck that works with madness. i got the idea from playing one of my firends who gets kinda butt hurt from mill? and i had the idea of, it would be more fair if we were both losing cards... then i remembered madness was a thing
>>
>>43610842
Yeah man, that sounds pretty sweet. How expensive are those madness cards nowadays?
>>
>>43612401
Pretty cheap to get proxies since that's literally all you need for casual play.
>>
I've been thinking of making a deck for mtg so I can play casual with friends. I'm going to try and get a pure blue or pure green deck up and running so how would I go about doing that? Are there card packs of only one color? Are there large card "starter decks" I can buy and salvage? What's the deal?
>>
File: Painter.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Painter.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>43608919
>>
>>43609916
i have it, if i remember right its sire of insanity. i love it in my rackdos deck
>>
Just build the extra turns deck that top 8'd the last modern SCG open and add Sphinx's Tutelage to it, seems good.
>>
Jace's archivist, day's undoing, sign in blood kind of cards, magmatic insight, phyrexian arena. Just a short list of cards that will give you a lot of draws or sustainable draws.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.