[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best model case seller.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
Hi, anyone got advice on the best place to get large affordable cases. It isn't for traveling so they don't need to be reinforced. I just need lots of foam slots (400+), as I am moving house and need to get them all into as few places as possible
>>
>>43608723
If you are living in europe, check out Feldherr.com.
The prices really good for the qualitiy they offer.
Though if you're not living in europe, the shipping might get costly.
>>
Battlefoam sells really good budget cases that can easily fit 400 models. Look at the budget section on their site (Sword Bag, Shield Bag, etc.)
>>
File: pic1837507_lg.jpg (695 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
pic1837507_lg.jpg
695 KB, 1024x678
>>43608723
I use Cantilever Organizers myself...
>>
>>43608913
feldhurr is great, they also sell most of their stuff on amazon, $40 case holds my army and book and it qualified for free 1 day shipping
>>
>>43608723

If you don't need maximum durability, Battle Foam is too pricey to be worth it, although they are "the best" cases.

I think Sabol or KR have the best price ratio for general storage and they're not flimsy either. However, they are not as compact or space efficient as BF.
>>
>>43608723
Don't buyfag it. DIY it from cheap plastic tubs and cut the foam yourself.
>>
I actually like the new GW cases and I find their competitor's cases are similarly priced, or priced higher.

But I know, can't advocate buying GW ever blah blah blah.

>>43614373
>that one guy who pulls out his mom's tupperware and bubblewrap every game
>>
>>43615001

The new GW cases looked amazing, and are well priced, but they have some critical design flaws in the plastic weak spots like hinges and clasps, and the foam design is novel but doesn't work too well in practice.

If you're only putting in infantry, it's fine. If you have to fit tanks, then good luck. Some tanks with long turrets don't even fit in the tray and scrape against the hard plastic case wall.
>>
>>43615582
fair criticisms

it also doesn't fit very tall models like knights super well.

my army consists of infantry and bikes though, so for me it works perfectly
>>
>Battlefoam
Battlefoam is pricey but great- have a plan with what you have in your army/want in your army to get maximum storage for money.

>Sabol
I used to love Sabol but the guy changed manufacturers and now the cases don't fit the foam quite right which causes it to bend inward and cause general difficulty in moving trays in and out (especially awful if you have an army like necrons where thin bits WILL snap off) to get around this, cut off two sides of each insert. Though, the motor pool case can hold a shitload afterward.

>GW
Like >>43615582 said, the GW cases are okay for their price and a terrible plan for vehicles. Haven't had a problem with the clasps yet, but that could just be a matter of time. Their older cases did the same thing.. I have one holding my knight, though. Got a second free because I made a mention that the box was shipped with the side of one tray pinched in one of the hinges so.... their customer service.

You can also get a bunch of magnetic sheets and glue them to the insides of storage boxes like snapfit (which have a tiered storage thing for a 5 box tower or soemthing.) Add washers to bases and you're golden. not too great for tanks but I have a 4 tier stacked case that cost me $20, is smaller than all my other cases, and is holding about 1500 points of Chaos renegades. Something like 200 infantry guys, artillery, pair of chimeras, aegis line. I lined the edges with extra pluck foam from my Sabol case and it makes me happy
>>
personally I despise pluck foam. It just feels so cheap and often tears so easily.
>>
>>43615818

Did you have to magnetize your knight's waist or did it fit in the case all in one go?
>>
>>43615975
All in one case, one go. The case is tall enough to hold it.
>>
Anyone have an recommendations for someone looking to magnetize their models and transporting them that way?

Right now my plan is to magnetize the bases of my models and putting them on a metal tray, anyone know any good products to use for Warmahordes stuff?

One of the guys in my local meta has a display case with a clear side, but I'm a poorfag so that's not really an option.
>>
>>43618698
>One of the guys in my local meta has a display case with a clear side, but I'm a poorfag so that's not really an option.

That case isn't that expensive. It's about on par with BF. But since you play a smaller skirmish game like Warmahorde, you can get their small $90 case.

If you want dirt cheap, and already are magnetizing, go get a metal toolbox.
>>
File: metal boxes.jpg (273 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
metal boxes.jpg
273 KB, 1600x1200
>>43618726
this is the case the guy at my local meta has, 200 bucks, it looks sweet and is tall enough to fit everything in it.

The problem with the 90 dollar one is I think even a single 50 point list won't fit in it.

There has to be a cheaper version of this case without the display panel, just some metal sheets that fit into inserts in the sides.
>>
>>43619106

If you don't care about the clear window, you can get that case for very cheap. But it's basically a suit case it doesn't have the trays and racks for models. Pretty sure those parts are custom made, since they had to Kickstarter that case's production.
>>
>>43608723
I like the Feldrherr case in your pic. It fits a load of models and is very durable. Somewhat hard to lug around due to the size, but I find it easier to carry than the old big GW figure case (that also fits less models).
>>
>>43615582
Although I must say that the new GW cases are one of the best things for storing infantry models that don't fit the normal infantry tray slots. Like Eldar corsairs or swooping hawks who'se wings would likely snap off in a normal case, or models with weapons and banners sticking out.
They're not that great for holding big models, though.
>>
>>43608723
If travel isn't a concern go DIY.
http://www.uline.com/BL_1404/Literature-Mailers-White-Tab-Lock
http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packagingfoam/picknpluckcr.html
http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packagingfoam/charcoalfoam.html
>>
>>43619665
So I'll have to pay 200 dollars for inserts and trays that will fit my models?

Sometimes hobbying causes me physical pain
>>
>>43619814

Do you just lay them so the wings are flat against the tray, and the foam zigzags wrap around the body? Or do you stand them up?
>>
File: image_25727.jpg (140 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image_25727.jpg
140 KB, 1200x1200
http://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-x-6-in-x-13-in-black-aluminum-case-62271.html

yeah 30 bucks but get a 20% off coupon and go get one.
>>
If you want cheap the beat method is DIY. Foam blocks are pretty cheap and easy too cut with a good sharp blade. Some of those cheap plastic tubs and some elbow grease later I had foam storage for 2k of Ogres and 3k of tyranids for just under $30 Aus.
>>
File: 342680-heroclix.jpg (189 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
342680-heroclix.jpg
189 KB, 1200x900
anyone got any suggestions i could use for these?
>>
>>43608913
Seconding Feldherr. The "Transporter" bag with storage boxes is an affordable godsend for anyone with a horde army like IG, Orks, Tyranids etc.
>>
>>43619916
This looks nice. I wonder what the outside looks like.
>>
>>43608723

I have that exact case and foam arrangement from Feldherr. It's great, best capacity/price I could find. You can also get a strap to make carrying it easier.

You just have to be careful not to stick the foam bases to the tank foam before you've sorted out where all the slots gonna be.
>>
>>43609249
>Battlefoam
>budget cases
Are you high son?
The only thing they are good for is the foam and custom foam, everything else is highly overpriced nonsense
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
DiY cases are best cases. Also cheapest. Some of my infinity minis would break if you crammed them in a square slot or had them rolling around.
>>
>>43621875
the trash can
>>
http://giftsforgeeks.org.uk/shop/figure-cases-foam|figure-cases-and-accessories|tabletop-tyrant-foam-and-cases/

Tabletop tyrant are very good, and a lot cheaper than almost anything else.

KR also deserve a mention.
>>
Where do I go for larger minis like 40k valkyrie and Baneblades?
>>
File: 4300152.jpg (16 KB, 230x350) Image search: [Google]
4300152.jpg
16 KB, 230x350
>>43626525
Apply yourself.
>>
>>43626887
hey it;s true. look at the fucking things. army men deserve more protection than they do.
>>
>>43626864
My vendetta goes quite nicely in my tabletop tyrant case.
>>
>>43623991

it is matte black with silver trim. the hard spacers and the toll board can come out. the is a layer of eggcarton foam and the foam block inside is like the laser cut foam. you can take out sections to fit the sixe you want. I have two to hold my tyranid army.
>>
>>43627903

*tool board
>>
File: CSM_Inf_168.jpg (414 KB, 1205x1080) Image search: [Google]
CSM_Inf_168.jpg
414 KB, 1205x1080
Plano 2-rifle hardcase
US$30 on Amazon
Holds 168 infantry
>>
File: MindBlown.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
MindBlown.gif
768 KB, 500x340
>>43629423

>Have one of these sitting empty next to gun cabinet
>For years
>Literally have never thought of this
>>
>>43626514
How do you cut those out and glue them together.

I've picked up tons of 10*14*1/2 inch foam sheets from work.
I have close to 25 now, and I'm hoping to cut out spaces then glue a bottom on them.
>>
>>43629423

Only problem with these is I can never find them on sale at Walmart where people say they can get them for $5-15 instead of $30. But maybe it's because I live in shitty CA.

Also, you have the issue of fitting non-infantry (which is unrelated to OP and this thread of course) and people being worried about a gun case and also people trying to steal your case because it has guns in it only to find out it's just toys.
>>
>>43626475

They have cheaper options now. They have cardboard and non-hard canvas bags now. The cardboard is overpriced as shit though, but it's still "cheap" for a case since it's under $100. Just like how people say Warmahordes and Infinity are "cheap" compared to 40k, yet you're paying out the ass for each overpriced model.
>>
>>43631379
I've just used pva glue on some stuff I've done.
>>
>>43631500

PVA glue? That's just white Elmer's glue isn't it? Won't the foam come apart once it accidentally snags on something?
>>
>>43631542
Yeah that stuff. Not had any come apart in my experience. You'll want too water it down a little so it soaks into the foam better and makes a stronger join.
>>
>>43621875
Everyone I know uses a tackle box or a small tool box of some sort. Just hit someplace with sporting goods or tools and check them out. I bring a poker chip when I look for new ones to gauge size.

>>43627903
That sounds really nice. I may have to pick one up.
>>
I think its best to make you own I found nipple foam on the side of the road (it comes with some furnature or removal companys) and then used sheets of that in 2 imac cases I found out the back of a city block. the imac cases are higher quality and finish than even the card cases you get from the case sellers because apple laminate them.
>>
>>43636062
and seriously the laser cut compartments for minis look nice but nipple foam is better use of space and just as safe when packed properly with pressure put on it.. its the same principle of the new zigzag foam in the GW case.. laser cut compartments that fit every thing is cool and makes it feel like a gun case but its not the best way to pack plastic or resin minatures that don't weigh much at all its like fancy but not needed and actually a wast of foam and space inside the case. magnet stuff that will brake and put it in a zigzag case or nipple foam 'layer" with some pressure put on when closed. if you have a really big monster you might want to cut or reposition foam but cutting the shape out is not efficient or wise I think.. its just a tradition and it looks good but that's it... pull foam Is ok if you have some really massive kit but im talking FW and up.. if its in plastic you don't need to do any thing fancy .
>>
>>43609613
good for boardgames but not painted minis friction against even other plastic will rub the paint job off.
>>
>>43615001
GW cases are fine and the zig zag foam is some of the best. the only thing I don't like about the GW cases is the design of them. but they do custom designs so when they do one I like I might get it. there is a reason to have a hard case especially if you live in a big city if you have a car live in a town where you can park near your store or know your public transport isn't insain and packed with people and violent then you can get away with cardboard even if it is a rainy city or snowy place you can get away with cardboard just put a raincoat over it.. simple.
>>
>>43618698
magnatising models only works if your transport them in a car if you take the bus or train and have to put lateral movment on the case they will fall off.
>>
>>43631401
getting 168 infantry models the same price as a gun isn't hard.
>>
>>43636257

Pretty sure a cheap shotgun costs less than 168 models. A Mosin definitely costs less.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.