[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Pok-'er.jpg (400 KB, 800x657) Image search: [Google]
Pok-'er.jpg
400 KB, 800x657
Me N the bois having a poker tourney this weekend. None of them have ever played and will probably be bored, any ideas on how to spice up the gameplay? Anything goes.
>>
>Having a poker tourney with people who have not played and apparently have no interest in actually playing poker.

Why would you have a poker tourney with people who aren't actually intrested? Why?
>>
boi is the gay spelling of boy.
>>
>>43608151
Rub the cards in chili powder. Wear gloves. Watch the itching.
>>
>>43608151
hookers

to go with the blackjack in the pic
>>
>>43608151
Play it in a high fantasy steampunk hybrid setting.
>>
>>43608174
They have interest, but it's difficult to stay hyped for something if you're bad at it. Which they probably will be.
>>
>>43608151

Play something you're actually interested in. No idea why you'd play poker otherwise.

If you insist on playing because of some deranged idea about how men spend their time or whatever, switch to a ring game instead of a tournament. The more relaxed atmosphere and ability to leave the game for awhile will make for better hangout time than the constantly escalating stakes and tension of a tournament format.
>>
>>43608151
Tell da boyz ta' bring some proppa choppa to pokin' night! But youz cunningly brutal so ya bring DA BIGGEST SHOOTA YE HAVE! POKE EM BOYZ WITH DA SHOOTA AND SHOW EM WHOS BOSS!
>>
>>43608191

Maybe they're gay?
>>
>>43608280
Naw, that'd be super gay.
>>
File: 53b551861168952f.png (219 KB, 588x368) Image search: [Google]
53b551861168952f.png
219 KB, 588x368
>>43608280
>>
>>43608151
You refer to your compatriots as "boos" so I assume you'd be comfortable with strip poker or action stakes (ie suck a dick perform an agreed upon action for the winner if you lose a hand where you had no stake).

Sure, it might be hard to take seriously at first, but if you've got a tall pitcher of mimosas, they'll get the hang of it.
>>
>>43608313
Goddamn autocorrect.
> boos
Bois
>>
>>43608151
>Bois
>never played poker
>not even planning on taking the game seriously
Just stay away from the tables. You fags are gonna get cleaned out
>>
>>43608151
How would anyone ever get new interests and hobbies if they got bored with something because it was new?

You are the one who will be bored at first because you have to play with people who don't know what they are doing. When they learn it should be fun for everyone.
Also I have never heard of 'spicing up' poker in any other way than strip poker. Don't do that. Unless you actually are gay then definitely do that.
>>
>>43608151
The important question is of course: are you palying Texas Hold 'em, or are you DOING IT WRONG.
>>
>>43608377
We are playing Texas Hold'em
>>
>>43608377
Texas hold'em is shit, 7 card stud.
>>
>>43608151
>bois
strip poker sounds right for you lads
>>
>>43608191
(You) is the gay spelling of shit.
>>
>>43608151
>Me N the bois having

Is OP an ork?
>>
>>43608151
I'd fold em up her ante.
>>
>>43608377
>playing casualshit poker that trades player agency for less hidden information
rethink how you have fun
>>
>>43609054
I don't get it.
>>
>>43609215
Are you even trying? Did you forget where you are? I mean, for fuck's sake, /soc/ is like two boards to the left, and that's just the tip of the iceberg around here. Try harder, anon.

ITT: Fags troll /tg/, /tg/ bites the bait, the house takes all. Never change, /tg/.
>>
>>43609215

He's saying that he has such a weak starting hand he'd rather fold than make a minimum raise to bluff the blinds out of the hand. I'd wager he's got something in the neighborhood of two-seven off suit.
>>
>>43608151
Hire a hooker to deal.
Each hand winner gets to do a body shot.
At the end of the night, your boy with the most winning hands gets the hooker for the rest of the night, and the looser boi pays for her.
>>
Every time someone loses a hand they have to:
a) Do the next beer run
b) Call yet another hooker, but in a super female voice
c) Be the next hooker
d) All of the above
>>
Stat everyone before hand and get the d20s ready
>>
>>43609274
The house always wins in the end.
>>
>>43608151
Strip Poker for gayness

Or you could play normal poker and make your wives strip when you lose.
>>
>>43608151
Alcohol.
>>
>>43611277
>Or you could play normal poker and make your wives strip when you lose.
JIDF stop trying to spread your kekold fetish
>>
>>43611374
>Making your wife strip
>Clucking

But if you win you get to see other peoples sexy naked wives? I'm not sure I see the connection here.
>>
>>43611374
>wives
>jew
nah, that would be mormon
>>
>>43611432
Its swinging at best.
Certainly not my cup of tea
>>
>>43608280
>>43608293
>>43608295
Strip poker?
>>
File: MrRosso.jpg (64 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
MrRosso.jpg
64 KB, 720x540
>>43608295
There's nothing wrong with being gay.
It's just not my preferrence.
>>
Despite what other anons are saying, you can easily make poker night fun and enjoyable. Actually bet money and bring alcohol.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.