[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strong is your average Space Marine? Everywhere I look seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (579 KB, 600x767) Image search: [Google]
image.png
579 KB, 600x767
How strong is your average Space Marine? Everywhere I look seems to put them at anywhere from 5-10 ton lifters depending on the author and the type of armor they're wearing.
>>
As strong as they need to be to sound impressive.
>>
>>43607938
No, they're much stronger than just 10 ton lifters. Space Marines outside of armor and nekkid have the strength of ten men, power armor multiplies this a further ten times, which puts them well into the double digit benching range.

Which makes sense considering that Astartes do shit like rip apart tank armor with their bare hands, push tanks and large vehicles around, carry tree logs without exertion, etc.
>>
>>43608024
well if an average man (lets assume guard) can bench press 200lbs one rep max (this is probably still low) a marine not wearing armor can bench press 1 ton and with armor 10 tons. Sounds about right to me.
>>
>>43607938
S4
>>
>>43608127
No, average human can bench around 250, going for 1.4 and 14 tons respectively. Although that statistic probably would go up, as I doubt when saying "strength of ten men", the authors mean some average scrub but rather a fitness nut.
>>
>>43608192
When they say that they are more than likely referring to IG. If anything.
>>
>>43608192
That is also completely wrong. The average person can not bench around 250. The other guy was more accurate with guard doing around 200 on average. The average man that doesn't really ever press is going to being doing around 150 lbs. I doubt half (generous) of the people on the board couldn't even do that, let alone the *average* person doing 200, *and less still* 250.
>>
Heres something to chew at....

That mark 8 armour took 10,000 years to develop.

It took the smartest and wisest magos 10,000 years for them to add a neck brace
>>
>>43607938
>How strong is your average Space Marine?
all you need to know is that they are stronger than you, and no it doesn't matter how physically fit you are, they are still stronger than you, and that's before accounting for the power armor which further amplifies their strength.
>>
File: Necronz.jpg (132 KB, 564x415) Image search: [Google]
Necronz.jpg
132 KB, 564x415
>>43607938
Each one of the numberless multitudes of Necron warriors are as physical strong as a marine. Higher Necrons not only tower over marines but are vastly stronger. Necron Lords and Triarch praetorian were sown throw marines around like they were rag dolls and even crushing them with their metallic hands.

Tyranids warriors and genestealers have been shown to overpower marines and rip them apart, then those who are in terminator armor.

Heck, even Tau suits in the fluff are stronger physically than Space Marines. But is it fair to compare marines to suits?

I am not sure about how strong the Orks are in the relation to marines but anyways unless the marines are fighting Craftworlds, humans, or fire warriors, they are bound to be outmatch in strength AND numbers.
>>
Their feats put them at an average of 1-3 tons out of armor, 5-10 tons in armor and anywhere from 10-20 in Terminator armor.

/tg/ can't ever agree on anything with them because each faction's codex blows them out of proportion to purposefully show bias, and /tg/ always takes that shit at face value.
>>
Why does it matter? All you need to know is that they can punch through humans, rip tank hatches off with bare unarmored hands, and have the same in-game strength value as Ogryns who are able to drag Chimeras.
>>
>>43612910

Actually my mistake, Ogryns are naturally S5. Only the strongest marines are S5 and average is S4.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.