[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rags to Riches Quest 2k16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 5
File: 1409950965728.png (451 KB, 977x342) Image search: [Google]
1409950965728.png
451 KB, 977x342
You awake with a start in the night. A chill wind blows over you, sending harsh shivers up your spine. You curl up tighter to stave off the cold of winter, but your meager clothes and a makeshift rag of a blanket can only insulate so much. You decide that sleep is a futile goal for now, and sit up, hoping movement will warm you some.

It has been some weeks since the plague took your family, and though it has subsided, mostly thanks to the aid of the church, the lives of those affected are not yet mended. With no income, your home was taken from you, and you are now forced to make your way as a beggar. It is in this moment, on a cold night in the dead of an unforgiving winter, that you feel a desire unlike any you've felt before. You rise to your feet, driven by determination, and vow to ascend from this, to reach something you'd never thought possible until now. But first, you have needs to take care of.

You are cold, hungry, and tired. You have no money. The city is dark, and the only other folk around are those with the same troubles as you.

>Find Food
>Find Shelter
>Other
>>
>>43606357
>Find Shelter

Cold's gonna get you faster than hunger.
>>
>>43606357

Find shelter.
>>
>>43606357
>>Find Shelter
>>
>>43606375
>>43606420
You decide that warming yourself is first priority. To this end, you begin wandering the dark streets in search of a warm place to rest. You stop near a pipe jutting from a small home, where heat from the stove is enough to warm your fingers until they can bend more naturally. This won't be enough for your entire person, however, and you march on.

Eventually you come to a small chapel, with windows faintly aglow. Looking closely, you see it is a shrine to the Heavenly God. This, of the two churches which subject the city to their whims, is known as the more forceful, but also the more well enabled. Asking for sanctuary here would likely get you what you need, but at a cost. The Heavenly God is known to be demanding.

>Beg for shelter
>Find somewhere else
>Other
>>
>>43606434
>>Find somewhere else
>>
>>43606434

>somewhere else

But, you know, keep this as an option if we're in danger of dying of hypothermia.
>>
>>43606434
>Find somewhere else

But first check their trash for any food scraps we can clean off and eat.
>>
>>43606458
>>43606510
>>43606518
You sigh, and decide to move on. You aren't prepared to pay the price they may ask, and all this walking is helping your chills anyway.

After some time, wandering between sources of warmth, you come across an inn, who's door remains open to the night. Peering through the doorway, you spy a large group of cloaked men and women, pouring over a table covered in charts. They murmur to one another, and drink warm ale. You think you might be able to slip inside and enjoy the warmth for at least a few hours, but you worry about what it is they may be discussing.

>Try here
>Keep moving
>Other
>>
>>43606523
>>Try here
>>
>>43606523

Cloaked figures murmurine over a chart are usually on the up-and-up, right? Let's check this scene out.
>>
>>43606523
>Keep moving
Look for a watchfire set by the Guard. If thats a thing
>>
>>43606543
>>43606572
You keep your head down and step into the inn. Your feet are silent as a spiders as you creep over to a table in the corner and take a seat on the bench.

The cloaked people continue to discuss something, too involved in their plans to realize you're among them, but to their credit you cannot make out more than an errant word here and there.

After a good hour, you are toasty and relaxed, but the sweet hands of sleep begin reaching out and caressing you, and you realize staying here too much longer will be dangerous. Just then, a small face peers out from beneath one of the cloaks standing circle around the table. It is gone in a flash, but you know it to have been real. One of the figures turns quickly, and spots you. The woman, her face obscured, alerts the others, who stay their speech and all turn, reaching beneath their cloaks for hidden weapons, or so you surmise.

"You! Child! Stay right there!"

>Surrender
>Run
>Other
>>
>>43606632
>>Surrender
Assuming it's the far corner, and they're so many, running probably isn't the best idea.
>>
>>43606632
>Other
Just walk out casually like we didn't hear her
>>
>>43606632

Pledge loyalty to their cause. If that doesn't cut it, surrender.
>>
>>43606654
>>43606718
You freeze, stunned by surprise, as the woman draws close. She lashes out and grabs hold of your arm, yanking you from your seat and back toward her companions. As you draw close, she shoves you in front of her, for all to see.

"Who are you, child? Who sends you to spy on the Ra-"

"Diana! You would expose us!"

"We are already exposed!"

You think to jump in before things get even more tense.

>Just a homeless girl
>Just a homeless boy
>Try to break away
>Other
>>
>>43606765
>>Just a homeless girl
>>
>>43606765

>Just a homeless girl

Even if we're a boy. They're less likely to hurt us that way.
>>
>>43606791
>>43606812
You tell them you're merely a girl looking for shelter from the cold, but they don't seem convinced. Out of the corner of your eye, something flashes from beneath a cloak again, but when you turn to get a better look, it's gone.

"She's only an orphan of the plague, Diana. Let her go."

"And allow her to turn us in? We must take her with us. If she's an orphan she'll be easy to dispose of."

You feel a sinking in your chest. She seems sincere.

"You would kill an innocent child for the crime of survival?"

The bickering continues, and you begin to feel dread creep in, until you hear a whisper from the other side of the room. Just outside the door, a much smaller, much more slender figure stands, motioning you toward it. You look back toward your captors, but they seem embroiled in their argument.

>Slip away
>Stay captive
>Other
>>
>>43606900
>Slip away
>>
>>43606900

Slip away. Seems better than the odds we're getting from the Hooded Order of Stabbers here.
>>
>>43606900
Fuck yes, I'm glad I didn't miss the first thread.

>Slip away
>>
>>43606967
>>43606980
You carefully twist your arm from the woman's grip, and manage to sneak out the door. When you turn the corner, you are greeted, quite shockingly close, but the face of another young girl. She has fair skin, and blonde hair tied into a braid, the end of which is hidden somewhere in her cloak.

"Hello! I saved you from my teachers, now you have to repay me. My name is Sophia, by the way, 13th Order of Rangers, Strider Unit, Fledgling rank. My favorite color is blue, and my favorite animal is the Red Armored Beetle. Now tel me about you!"

This girl, Sophia, seems awfully pushy, and terribly energetic despite the cold. She can't be more than thirteen, just a few years under you.

>Answer honestly
>Be evasive
>Divulge only a little
>Other
>>
>>43607057
>>Answer honestly
>>
>>43607057

>Divulge only a little.

Ask her if she knows a way out, we can't stick around and wait for them to notice we're gone.
>>
>>43607057
>Answer honestly
>>
>>43607073
>>43607131
You tell her what little there is to tell, about your life and circumstances. Upon hearing of your family, her hands shoot up to her mouth, and she grows sympathetic.

"That's terrible! My parents were killed too, but not by a plague. By wolves. Or was it bears? Anyway, I never met them so it doesn't bother me, but you must be so sad!"

She wraps her arms around you in an awkward hug.

"You should join us! Being a Ranger is loads of fun! You get to sleep in trees, hunt animals, cook outside, run from police, hide bodies, and on special occasions we make sweet buns with honey and nuts! They're so good! I'mo sure if I tell my teachers you want to join us they'll be happy to brand you, like this!"

Sophia pulls up her tunic to reveal a dark burn mark in the shape of a strange leaf.

"So? Wanna join?"

>No
>Yes
>Maybe
>Other
>>
>>43607189
>>Yes
Was hoping to be a rogue, rather than an inquisitor :3
>>
>>43607189
>Yes
>>
>>43607227
>>43607232
You realize this could be your chance. These people, gloomy as they are, seem quite tough, and more than likely allying with them could be beneficial. Without much hesitation, you agree, and Sophia hops in the air with joy.

"Yes! My first recruitment! Now I'll finally get my enlistment badge!" She giggles to herself, then straightens up, coughing into her fist to orient herself. "Starting now you're my subordinate. I expect you to treat me with respect, and to defer to me in all things."

With that, Sophia grabs your wrist and yanks you back inside, shouting about her accomplishment in enlisting you. The adults, thoroughly confused, try to talk her down, until suddenly the ringing of bells fills the silent night air. From outside and some distance away, voices begin shouting.

"Watchmen to arms! Intruders in the city!"

The cloaked figures, Rangers as they call themselves, all begin gathering up their charts and stuffing them away into packs, which they sling over their shoulders. One of them grabs you and tosses you over as well Sophia, and with a rush of wind you are all off into the dark.

When you are finally set down, sometimes later, you are disoriented from all the twists and turns, as well as the ups and downs of the journey. The Rangers take stock of each other and their things, and Sophia stumbles over to greet you, swaying dizzily.

"We made it! I'm glad nobody was killed this time!"

>Ask about what just happened
>Ask to rest
>Other
>>
>>43607315
>Ask about what just happened

>Other "What were rangers even doing inside the city?"
>>
>>43607315
>>Ask about what just happened
>>
>>43607356
>>43607415
You question Sophia about the situation. For once, she seems a little secretive.

"Well, my teachers say that a long time ago one of the Rangers made the king of Dragonfalls really mad. Like, so mad that he banished us. From the country. But the Rangers are important! We're the only ones who can keep track of the L- I mean, the thing beneath the waterfall. If we aren't around, really bad things will happen. So we have to work in secret now. At least, we used to, until the two houses started fighting. Thanks to that, we can move around pretty easily on the Earthly God's territory, but as soon as we cross over, they start hunting us down."

>Ask about the feud
>Ask about the Rangers
>Ask about something else
>Other
>>
>>43607478
>>Ask about the feud
>>Ask about the Rangers
>>
>>43607478
>Ask about the feud
>Ask about the Rangers
>>
>>43607505
>>43607519
"You know how there are two royal families in this city right? The house of the Earthly God, descendants of the Black Queen, are the ones who get to sit their children on the throne. The house of the Heavenly God, the descendants of the Red Queen, are mostly in charge of the army, and the economy and junk. They haven't gotten along in a long time, but recently the Black House had their heir taken by the plague. The Red House decided that one of their oldest kids should be regent until a new heir was raised up, and then they all started bickering. Because of that, the plague started up without anyone noticing or stepping in, and now they say bandits are harassing villages all over. But, so long as we do jobs for the Black House, they let us stay around without reporting us. As for the Rangers, we're the remnants of the same order that helped the Dragonslayer King start the city. I think one of my teachers is even like the great-great-great-great-great-grandson of The Grey Wolf. He was like a big deal. Supposedly he fought a whole army of orcs with one eye, and just a hunting knife. Now though, we're pretty much just scattered around. People don't really like giving donations to you when it means they might get executed for treason."

>Ask about Sophia
>Other
>>
>>43607595
This shitty day is now wonderful. Hello again, Mr Rags.
>>Ask about something else
How did the Rangers earn the king's ire? Especially if you had a part in getting the city up and running?
>>
>>43607651
Seconding.
>>
>>43607651
>>43607662
"I'm not super certain. My teachers say it wasn't our fault, but from what I remember one of us tried to kill a bunch of clerics. They don't talk about it much, and it was like a million years ago so nobody really remembers."

It seems your new companions are less than welcome around these parts, but it's better than starving, or so you hope. You notice now that you're unfamiliar with this part of town, and after asking Sophia, she confirms that at some point you all crossed the King's Bridge and made it over to the east side of the city, where you never thought to venture. Here, you are all more or less safe from the police.

The adults finish talking and move over to the two of you.

"Child, we would be glad to have you join us, but you must understand that our order is not an easy one to be sworn to. If you stay, you'll be hunted like an animal. You'll be subjected to the harsh elements time and time again. Perhaps you would do better turning to the church. We know a monk who would be happy to take you in. Are you sure you wish to join us?"

>Join the Rangers
>Take time to think
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>43607740
>>Join the Rangers
>>
>>43607740
>>Take time to think
Maybe meet this monk. This isn't a decision to be made lightly.
>>
>>43607740
>Take time to think
This is rags to riches, not rags to only slightly better exiled secret agent
>>
>>43607789
>>43607794
You decide to take some time to mull over the decision. The Rangers are thankfully understanding. Diana, the woman who before had sought to twist your wrist into a knot, approaches and hands you a red stick, wrapped in sticky cloth.

"Take this signal. If you find a high point in the city and light it with fire, it will let us know to come to you. It will only light once, so be careful. The monastery we mentioned is two streets down that way, and atop a great stone staircase. Mention us, and you will be let in with no trouble." You take the signal rod, and Diana steps away to let Sophia say her goodbyes.

"I hope you choose to join us. It would be so fun to have someone my age to talk to." She extends a hand, and you shake. " 'Will that the wind bring us together again.' That's a Ranger farewell." She then punches you stiffly in the arm. And with that, the Rangers vanish into the dark.

You are chilly, hungry, and tired.

>Head to the monastery
>Other
>>
>>43607878
>>Head to the monastery
Sorry Rags, but I won't be seeing you for another 8 to 9 hours.
>>
>>43607878
>>Head to the monastery
>>
>>43607878
>Head to the monastery
>>
>>43607878
>>Head to the monastery
>>
>>43607913
>>43607914
>>43607922
You follow the directions given to you and make your way to the monastery. Sure enough, a large staircase, perhaps numbering over a hundred steps, rises to the crest of a grassy hill. You begin climbing, and find yourself huffing and puffing as you reach the top.

There you spot a large, square wooden building with a pointed roof. There don't seem to be any lights coming from inside, but a pathway toward the entrance is denoted by a series of stone lanterns. You move ahead between them, and come to a set of wood doors, embossed with intertwining animals including birds, large cats, and serpents. Nervous, you knock, and soon after there is a shuffling from inside.

One of the doors creaks open slightly, and the face of a boy appears. He is perhaps a little older than you, and his attempts to grow something resembling facial hair are not unnoticed.

"Who goes there? The monks are sleeping, if you have a tithe then drop it in the offering box and go on your way."

>Ask for shelter
>Mention the Rangers
>Other
>>
>>43608017
>>Ask for shelter
>>Mention the Rangers
>>
>>43608017
>>Ask for shelter
Don't mention the wa- Rangers.
>>
>>43608017
>Ask for shelter
>>
>>43608048
>>43608083
You ask to be let inside, keeping the Rangers name in your pocket for now. The boy refuses outright.

"We can't take every beggar in off of the street. Get a job, like everyone else." The boy goes to slam the door, but a wrinkled hand stops it, and shoves it fully open. An elderly man in black and gold robes appears, and greets you warmly.

"It is not the way of the Earthly God to turn away the downtrodden, boy. Come child, you look absolutely famished. We do not have much, but Lee will be more than happy to warm you some broth and bread, won't you, Lee?" The boy groans and heads inside, and the old man motions for you to enter.

Inside, is a square room, nearly bare save for a small pedestal on the opposite wall. Resting on it is a stone tablet, and before the tablet is a string of large beads. The old man shuts the door, and invites you to sit in the center of the room.

"I was beginning to wonder if you might come. There is a strange thing tracking you, girl. You are safe from it here, but it will wait for you to emerge, I am sure."

>Ask about the old man
>Ask about the monastery
>Other
>>
>>43608236
>>Ask about the old man
>>Ask about the monastery
>>
>>43608236
>>Ask about the old man
>>Ask about the monastery
>Ask about what's tracking me
>>
>>43608251
>>43608298
"I am merely a monk, in service to the Earthly God. I dedicate my life to him. While meditating, I sensed something unusual, and when you arrived, I knew you were it's source. There is a fire in your heart the likes of which is not often seen. I hope you might allow me to tend that fire."

Lee returns with a small bowl of hot broth and a slice of slightly less than fresh bread. without a word, you guzzle it all down and feel warmth fill you.

"It is good you are fed, child. We might still put meat on your bones." The old man laughs softly. "I trust your decision to come here means you will allow us to mold your body and soul in the name of the Earthly God?"

The sudden proposal takes you back. It's true, the life of a monk is one of safety, and you've heard more than once of the warrior monks' power and courage, but you'd never considered the path yourself.

"I can promise you, under our tutelage you will grow powerful. Your ambition drapes over your shoulder like a cape. We can help."

>Agree
>Refuse
>Continue thinking on it
>Other
>>
>>43608485
Ask about his connection to the rangers, and more of his creed. What is the Earthly God, and how is it different from the heavenly one?
>>
>>43608510
"The Earthly God's origins are in the far east, in a land known to few who walk the soil here. Long ago, the Dragonslayer King pledged his line, and the throne of his kingdom, to service the Earthly God in exchange for strength to fell the beast beneath the great falls. Thus did rise the House of Black, who's sons rule over our nation to this day. That is until the heir was stricken ill. The church of the Earthly God are devout, and disciplined. We arm ourselves not with steel, but with our faith and the strength of the land, unlike the worshipers of the Heavenly God. He who praises the sun does not empower his soul. Sadly, it has been long since the two churches could be called friends. Every day it seems we pull the city apart, ripping it down the middle. If the Arch Bishop and the Grand Sage could only open their minds to one another, this country might be saved from that which seeks to harm it. I believe truly, that you might somehow help. Surely you wish for peace as much as any other?"

His words are sincere. But devoting yourself to his god would be a great step. True, you would have great opportunity, but you'd also be swearing to poverty, though not chastity.

>Join the church of the Earthly God
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>43608647
>>Other
Are the rangers also devoted to that cause in their way?
>>
>>43608647
>>Join the church of the Earthly God
>>
>>43608647
>>Refuse
Rangers m8
>>
>>43608711
>>43608818
"The Rangers doctrine is much like the clergy, though they would not suggest it. Their goals are honorable, but to take children in the night, and to raise them merely as warriors is something I do not abide. Still, I cannot pretend to hate them. They have done much good, and without them the world would be in much greater peril. If you chose to join their ranks, I have no doubt you would flourish. But I must advise you not to. Their life is one of sacrifice, and death."

>Ask something else
>Leave
>Other
>>
>>43608864
Ask to spend the remainder of the night in the monastery, and leave in the morning after thanking them. I'm in favor of joining the rangers, or, also checking the church of the heavenly god
>>
>>43608647
>Refuse
>>
>>43608864
Ask to stay the night and ask around about the monk life in the morning
>>
>>43608993
Seconding
>>
>>43608864
>>43608993
I'll third it.
>>
>>43608904
>>43608929
You thank the old monk for his help and hospitality, but refuse his offer. He nods, understandingly.

"I thought it might be more difficult than that to pin you down. Still, I have high hopes for you. You may remain until morning, Lee will fetch you something warm."

The old monk returns to his chambers, and Lee tosses an itchy blanket over you. Despite it's less than plush nature, it is plenty warm and you are asleep almost instantly. When you wake in the morning, there is no one around, and you take your leave with no further trouble.

You are still a bit hungry, and as you wander the streets in the warm sunshine, you spy something on the ground, buried beneath some mud. After digging it up, you find it to be a single silver coin, enough to buy a hot meal, or a bed. This is more luck than you've had in a long time, and so you decide to act accordingly.

>Buy a large meal
>Rent a bed for the day
>Save the coin for later
>Other
>>
>>43609034

>Save the coin for later

Let's save it for when we actually need a bed or a meal.
>>
>>43609034
Buy a large meal, you're malnourished.
>>
>>43609034
>>Save the coin for later
Resist the temptation to spend the shiny.
>>
>>43609265
>>43609140
You decide to pocket the coin for later, when you might need it more. That done, you begin on your way once more, but are stopped a few steps away when something snags onto your pant-leg. You turn around to see a small dog, scruffy and covered in mud, tugging on your pants. You attempt to shoo him away, but he is stubborn.

>Pry him off
>Kick him
>Other
>>
>>43609320
Let it pull us where it will. It'll let go when it sees we're following. Maybe.
>>
>>43609320
>Other Pet him and take him with us

Fuck yeah, first companion.
>>
>>43609320
Pet it and see what it wants
>>
>>43609392
>>43609359
You reach down and pet the pup, gently reassuring it. It seems to reciprocate your affection at first, but then suddenly it's ears perk up, and it tackles you to the ground with more force than you'd expect out of something so small. As you try to stand again, you feel something clamp onto your bottom, and look back to see the pup tearing away your back pocket. The silver coin tumbles to the ground, and the pup snatches it in it's teeth.

Looking back at you only for a moment, the small creature awkwardly gallops away and into an alley.

>Chase it
>Leave it alone
>Other
>>
>>43609447
>>Chase it
Clearly has a master
>>
>>43609447
>>Chase it
Oh it is on. I'm not usually one for it, but this dog gets the boot.
>>
>>43609447
>Chase it
>>
>>43609471
>>43609506
You rush after the pup, keeping up with it's tiny legs quite easily, until it makes a bad turn and corners itself. Faced with a wall and an angry young woman, the pup shivers, then drops the coin.

"D-don't come any closer m-mortal! F-for I am the, uh, god... The god Inurama! Yes! If you come closer, I will curse you and your family for a hundred thousand years!"

You shake your head in disbelief, but sure enough the puppy is speaking the language of men. He shakes endlessly and his tail tucks neatly away despite his words. He can't even seem to summon the will to bare teeth.

>Demand the coin back
>Let him have it, curses are bad news
>Other
>>
>>43609570
>Demand the coin back
>>
>>43609570
>Let him have it, curses are bad news
>>
>>43609570
>Demand the coin back
>>
>>43609570
>>Demand the coin back
>>
>>43609626
>>43609586
You extend your hand and demand to be returned your property. The pup recoils from it, and after a moment, scoops it back up in its teeth and slowly pads over to you, ears back.

Suddenly, he drops the coin, and lunges at you.

"Behold my godly power!"

He begins aggressively and fruitlessly gnawing on your shoe, clearly convinced his bite is more potent than it is.

"Surrender and I will be merciful! Continue to resist and be dragged to the ninth hell!"

>Soothe him
>Tap him on the nose
>Brush him away
>Other
>>
>>43609570
>>Other
Just take the coin. It dropped it.
If the dog/god moves, boot it. Gods are weak against bootings.
>>
>>43609691
>Soothe him
>>
>>43609691
>Soothe him
>>
>>43609691
This dog. This bloody dog.
>>Tap him on the nose
Hard. With the other shoe.
>>
>>43609724
>>43609725
You reach down, exasperated, and roll him off of your foot. Even as he struggles to bite your hand, you begin rubbing his belly, and eventually move around to his head. It isn't long before he is completely bent to your will.

"This pleases the god Inubaba. Keep scratching and I won't curse you. Lower. Like you mean it."

You are able to pick your coin back up and stash it in your shirt, shivering as the cold silver contacts your bare chest beneath. With that, you stand and make an attempt to leave the pup, but it scampers into your path.

"Don't leave me here! Have you no mercy? Would you leave an innocent pup to starve out in the cold?"

>Tell the dog to leave you alone
>Invite it to follow you
>Other
>>
>>43609781
>>Invite it to follow you
>Buy a big meal
>Share it
>Be not starving and have a talking canine with god complex
>>
>>43609781
>>Tell the dog to leave you alone
"Innocent? You robbed me, then you tried to lie your way out of it, then you tried to bite me into submission, and now you're trying to wheedle yourself in. Does that sound innocent to you?"
>>
>>43609812
You show mercy to the pup and invite it to tag along for now. It seems genuinely grateful,, and sticks close to your heels.

"Sorry about robbing you, by the way. You know how it is out here. Dog eat dog, as they say."

>Nothing excuses theft
>It's understandable
>Quiet down
>Other
>>
>>43609937
>It's understandable
>>
>>43609937
>It's understandable
>>
>>43609937
>>Other
"That's no excuse."
There are plenty of excuses for theft. That isn't one of them. At least not a good one.
>>
>>43609999
>>43610012
You tell the pup you feel for his plight, and he seems to cheer up.

"So where are we going? Your house? Is there food there? Do your parents like dogs? I can do tricks if that helps."

>I don't have a home
>We're looking for somewhere to stay
>Other
>>
>>43610043
>>I don't have a home
>>
>>43610043
>I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm going to visit friends who might give us a home, and food, and a sense of belonging
>Join the rangers
>>
>>43610043
>I don't have a home
>>
>>43610076
>>43610133
You tell the pup you're in just as bad a shape as it is, and hear it groan loudly.

"Figures I'd get scooped up by someone as unlucky as me. My name is Russel, by the way. Russel, son of Russef, son of Russan, all the way back. Don't know why, but it's a tradition." Russel then seems to perk up. "Hey, if it's the two of us, I know somewhere we might be able to get some food! It's only a little bit illegal."

>Agree
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>43610187
>>Agree
>>
>>43610187
>Agree
>>
>>43610187
>>Refuse
Russ, your great-great-great-however many greats-grandkid is a dick. Even if he is starting to grow on me. Like fungus.
>>
>>43610219
>>43610236
You follow Russel as he leads you around a few corners and down a few roads. Eventually you come to a butcher shop, where a large man hacks away at a lamb within.

"I used do this all the time with my brother. I'll run in, and distract him. Then you just have to grab some of those smoked sausage links hanging in the window. This guy's a rube, he falls for it every time. Ready?"

>Begin the operation
>Back down
>Other
>>
>>43610300
>>Begin the operation
Though I've yet to hear of a food thief that has the money to pay for it
>>
>>43610300
>Begin the operation
>>
>>43610330
>>43610381
You follow Russels instructions, and sure enough as he dashes in and winds around the butcher's legs, you are able to easily reach in and grab the meat. As you dash back out and around the corner, Russel follows close behind. The two of you hunker down and split the sausage links between you. Free food is often quite delicious.

"That was great! You're a natural. The two of us could be pretty decent bandits. I've always wanted to lead a pack, like my father did. What do you say?"

>Agree, take your fortune, rather than make it
>Disagree. Mischief is fun, but you want a real life
>Other
>>
>>43610427
>>Disagree. Mischief is fun, but you want a real life
>>
>>43610427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VdZewCFyfg
>>
>>43610427
>>Disagree. Mischief is fun, but you want a real life
we're going to make it big, doug
>>
>>43610458
>>43610489
You tell the pup that it's fun to cause trouble, but you hope for a more honest life. He seems distraught.

"Yeah? Well who needs you anyway! I'm a wolf! Sure I'm small now, but one day I'll be plenty strong, and I won't need a smelly girl to help me!" Russel is noticeably aggressive now, but as you try to calm him, you hear heavy boots approaching. Too late do you turn and see three armed men and one knight in full mail rounding the corner, with the butcher in tow.

"That's the girl! She's been using that pup to steal from me for months!" You scramble to your feet as the armed men stride toward you.

"Haha! Later!' Russel begins bounding away.

>Follow him
>Try to lose the guards
>Surrender yourself
>Other
>>
>>43610570
>Try to lose the guards
Following him is probably a mistake. He'll go through some hole or some shit.
>>
>>43610570
>>Follow him
I take it back. Fungus is gone.
>>
>>43610570
>follow him
>tell him you have to work together
>>
>>43610647
>>43610625
You dash after Russel, but unfortunately he isn't much for his sense of direction, and after a few minutes you are cornered, just as he was earlier. As the guards bear down on you, Russel begins frantically looking for an escape. He seems delighted to find an old blanket, beneath which he burrows. You panic, and finally settle on hiding with him out of pure desperation, but the guards come around before you can. You turn back to see them, then back to Russel, but the pup is gone. In his place is a small boy, wrapped tightly in the old blanket, grinning from ear to ear. You stand confused, snapped out of your state by the gloved hand of the knight, who begins leading you away, scolding you. As you watch the small boy growing more distant, you see his grin turn to fangs, and are then pulled out of sight.

The knight pins you against a wall for all passersby to see, and announces your crimes. You feel shame wash over you as townsfolk turn to witness the display.

"For all thieves, the punishment is ten lashes. Before we carry out your sentence, do you have anything to say for yourself?"

>Yes
>No
>Other
>>
>>43610778
My ancestors are smiling at me, imperial. Can you say the same?
>>
>>43610778
>Would a monetary fine be an acceptable substitute?
>>
>>43610806
You speak up against the knight and his cohorts, receiving a sneer of anger for it. He drags you to the middle of the street and begins tearing your shirt, but as he does the crowd around you begins to speak up.

"The girl is right!"
"Let her be! She's only hungry!"
"What monster would beat a cute girl in the middle of town!?"
"Let her go!"
"Imperial dogs!"
"Help the girl!"

Suddenly the mob turns, and begins shoing the guards and knights, until eventually there is a full scale riot. You pull away, losing most of your shirt, but otherwise are unharmed as you slip away from the chaos.

You run for a good while, until you are faced with a large stone bridge, which you realize leads to the other side of town, where you know now that the Heavenly God rules. The guards would never think to look for you there, where their forces are most concentrated, but it is more dangerous overall. There is also the possibility of joining the church of the Heavenly God, but doing so would no doubt cut you off from Sophia and the Rangers.

>Cross
>Stay on this side of town
>Other
>>
File: 1293199344529.png (388 KB, 1536x1172) Image search: [Google]
1293199344529.png
388 KB, 1536x1172
>>43610973
>>Stay on this side of town
Seek refuge with the rangers. They're skilled at avoiding the guards
>>
>>43610973
>>Stay on this side of town
>>
>>43611026
>>43611061
You decide to remain here, at least for the time being. you turn from the bridge and head in the other direction, having to cover yourself as you run.

Eventually you find a safe place, and stop to rest. Your shirt is in complete tatters. You might be able to fashion it into something more secure, but it would be less than ladylike considering what you have to work with. You also remember the silver coin, which is still with you.

>Buy new clothes
>Makeshift shirt
>Other
>>
>>43611121
>>Makeshift shirt
>>
>>43611121
>Makeshift shirt
>>
>>43611121
>>Buy new clothes
>>
>>43611121
>Makeshift shirt

Glad you're back Rags
>>
>>43611160
>>43611276
You sigh and remove your shirt, tearing and tying it into something that will hold, though it will do far less to keep you warm at night.

When you stand, you feel your stomach rumbling. With nothing but a single coin, you won't last long. You think it might be time to decide your course of action.

You begin wandering out onto the street, pondering your fate, when you notice a girl with dark hair squatting next to a building. Before her is a small table with three cards face down on top, and a sign that reads, "Magic Tricks". The girl seems utterly bored out of her mind, and stares at the ground as people walk past her. She notices you though, and shrugs.

"Come see the magnificent Mona, and her amazing powers of mindreading, I guess." Her barking is horrible, but you are curious.

>Approach the stand
>Magic isn't real
>Other
>>
>>43611323
>Approach the stand
>>
>>43611323
>>Magic isn't real
>>
>>43611323
>>Approach the stand
Might as well see. Not like it costs us owt.
>>
>>43611323
>Approach the stand
>>
>>43611382
>>43611348
You wander over to the stand and inspect the girl. She's a scrawny thing, dressed in black and white, with a pin in her hair in the shape of a ladybug. She begins trying to sell herself, but isn't very good.

"Step right up, young miss. Surely even a... woman of the night such as you can appreciate the, 'wonder' of the arcane. Yay." She waves her hands, and pathetic sparks fizzle around them. "Behold, fair prostitute, as I dazzle you with the cards of something or other."

The girl begins waving her hands, and the cards dance and twirl, flipping to their faces and back again. She settles them on their backs for a moment, and asks you to memorize them, then flips them back and again, and when they reappear the faces have changed completely.

"Hocus mucus, the cards are sooo wonderful. Oh what's that behind your ear, it's this coin." She produces a gold coin from thin air. "Now it's a mouse, and now it's a flower, and now it's gone." The coin follows her narrative precisely.

"Finally I'll need a volunteer, I guess you'll do miss navel. Alakaburp, you're floating." You do indeed hover a few inches off the ground for a moment, to your utter shock.

"Thank you, thank you, that'll be one copper coin, please." The girl extends her hand, expecting to be compensated.

>That was amazing!
>I'm not paying for that.
>Sorry, no money
>Other
>>
>>43611538
>That was amazing!
>>
>>43611538
>>I'm not paying for that.
>If you can conjure a gold coin, why do you need a copper one? Charlatan. And I'm NOT a wench
>>
>>43611538
>>Sorry, no money
>>
>>43611575
You clap for the girl, and she seems to blush just slightly. You hand her the silver coin, which she takes silently. She inspects it, then looks at you, and sighs.

"This is probably all the money you've made working your butt off, isn't it. I can't take this from an honest working girl. You don't need to pay me, just tell people that I'm here. Every day. Rain or shine. No matter...what." The girl lets her face fall onto the stand, and groans. Placing your coin back in your shirt, you begin to worry for her. When her face rises up again, there is a red mark on her forehead.

"Sorry. You didn't come here for this. Here, take one of these." She tosses you a small red ball of paper. "It's a firework. Kids like them, but kids don't have money, so making a bunch of them was pointless. I'm gonna go eat a rat."

She waves her hand over the table, and her things fold up into a small case, which she picks up and tucks under her arm as she begins to walk away.

>Stop her
>Wish her luck
>Other
>>
>>43611693
>Stop her
Is she connected to the dog boy?
>>
>>43611693
>Stop her
>>
>>43611693
>>Stop her
"Not a working girl, by the way. My shirt got shredded and this was the best I could do."
>>
>>43611738
>>43611727
You reach out and stop the girl.

"Huh? Hey, I'm not interested in girls, if that's what this is about, and I need all the cash I can scrape together."

You ask her if she knows anything about a strange talking dog.

"A what? No, sorry. I'm just a witch. Or I would be, if that old bag of bones and dust would get off his ass and teach me more than these useless cantrips... I mean, pretend you didn't hear that. Anyway I need to get home before dinner, or he'll eat it all without me."

>Offer to buy her food
>Ask to go with her
>Other
>>
>>43611788
>Offer to buy her food

I'm not sure if I want to do a wizard character, we've already done one before.
>>
>>43611788
>>Ask to go with her
>>
>>43611809
I'd really rather do a stealth rogue. Archer or daggers. Rangers seem to fit
>>
>>43611788
>>Offer to buy her food
>>
>>43611844
Rangers are cool, but I think joining a thieves guild or something like that would be cooler.
>>
>>43611864
Agreed. Or assassins. Just that they're what was offered so I went with the closest thing.
>>
>>43611809
>>43611858
You stop her again, this time flashing your one coin and offering to feed her if she'll stick around. You see her eyes go wide, and her throat move as she swallows.

"C-could I maybe have a slice of apple pie...?"

>We're having food, not dessert
>Sure, why not
>Other
>>
>>43611887
>>Sure, why not
>>
>>43611887
>>We're having food, not dessert
>>
>>43611887
>Sure, why not
>>
>>43611918
>>43611931
You agree, and she rushes over to hug you. You recoil a bit, but as she seems mostly harmless you simply pat her on the back and head for a nearby cafe.

You order a slice of pie for each of you, and it comes to the table still warm. The girl, Mona as she calls herself, digs in immediately crying tears of joy.

"Oh my god, you have no idea how good this is. All I ever get to eat is wheat porridge, morning noon and night! He's too cheap to even buy sugar, or even berries to make it taste better!" Crumbs fall from her mouth as she chews and talks simultaneously. "I change my mind, I think I'm in love with you, you beautiful, beautiful woman! You don't need to whore yourself, I'll support you from now on with my street magic!" Mona proceeds to lick her plate clean, as well as pick every wayward crumb from the table. "We'll run away together! I'll start a circus troupe and we'll travel the world!"

You eat your pie in silence as you wait for Mona to calm down. When she does, you find an opening to speak.

>Ask about her
>Ask about her teacher
>Other
>>
>>43611978
>Ask about her
>>
>>43611978
>>Ask about her
>Tell her the origin of your ... appearance
>>
>>43611978
>>Ask about her
Back to the not a hooker thing.
>>
>>43611996
>>43612013
>>43612028
You start by correcting her assumption, to which she shrugs.

"That's fine. I'm a virgin too, so there won't be any awkwardness there." She says this with such nonchalance that it makes you feel embarrassed in her place. You change the subject to herself.

"I was born in the south. I ran away from home when I was a kid, and met an old codger of a mage who promised to teach me magic if I worked for him. For a while things seemed. I took to it like a duck to water. But the last couple years, all he does is read old books and drink, while I'm out here busting my butt trying to make rent alone. Life isn't easy for girls like you and I. Still, cantrips have their uses. I can make things float, and sometimes if I'm having a good day I can start a little fire with sparks."

>Ask about magic
>Other
>>
>>43612080
>>Ask about magic
This girl is hilarious. Bro acquired.
>>
>>43612080
>>Ask about magic
>>
>>43612080
>Ask about magic

Is her teacher going to be Owain?
>>
>>43612117
>>43612134
>>43612135
"Magic? Supposedly it's tough for most people, but I never had any trouble. My teacher told me at some point I have to sacrifice something dear to me to gain more power. My voice, my vision, even my ability to bare a child. I honestly don't know what I'll pick when it comes to that. But besides that, as long as you have a good teacher and patience, anyone can learn it. It just so happens those are two very rare things." Mona shrugs and reclines in her chair. "Anyway, if you want you can come stay at my place. The old man doesn't really leave his room, and I figured out an alarm spell a long time ago to stop him from sneaking into my room to take hair for potions, so you don't have to worry about him trying anything gross."

>Accept
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>43612178
>>Accept
A safe place to sleep is a safe place to sleep.
>>
>>43612178
>>Refuse
>>
>>43612178
>Accept

We can always learn a few cantrips and then become a thief, or a monk, or whatever we decide to be.
>>
File: disappointed.jpg (54 KB, 645x613) Image search: [Google]
disappointed.jpg
54 KB, 645x613
>>43612220
Maybe we could learn a bit of illusion magic, though I doubt we'll be off this magic path once we start
>>
>>43612211
>>43612220
You accept, and Mona grows cheerful again. You follow her to her home, a small but cozy place full of knicknacks and old dusty books which cover ever available surface. Down below a trapdoor in the sitting room is a cave of sorts, carpeted and containing a large pile of blankets, which you realize with some worry is Mona's bed. She throws herself onto it and stretches out, kicking off her boots and digging into the quilts. She gazes dreamily over to you and pats the 'bed'.

"Come on over, love, it's plenty big for two."

>Sit down on a pillow
>Throw yourself on the first soft bed you've gotten in months
>Other
>>
>>43612284
>Throw yourself on the first soft bed you've gotten in months
>>
>>43612284
>>Throw yourself on the first soft bed you've gotten in months
>>
>>43612284
>>Other
Throw a pillow at her face. Honestly. The nerve.
>>
>>43612288
>>43612324
You allow yourself a long overdue rest, and collapse onto the pile of blankets. They actually are quite plush and warm, and you feel yourself drifting off very quickly. You try to stay awake, but sleep is too powerful a foe to grapple. Mona seems to notice this, and throws a blanket over you, kissing you on the forehead.

"Go ahead, it'll be fine. Tomorrow we'll talk more. Sleepy time, little snail." And with those words, you do drift off.

At some point in the night, you have a dream, but when you wake up it has faded from memory. When you open your eyes, you see two people seated on the floor of the room, both familiar, but still surprising.

Sophia happily spoons porridge into her mouth, while Mona glares at her endlessly. When they see you stirring, they both perk up.

"Morning, best buddy! I came to pick you up! I figured you just lost your signal flare, so I'm here to take you with me!" Sophia sets her bowl down and runs over to grab your hand, dragging you to your feet. Mona is quickly behind her, taking the other wrist.

"Hey, you can't just whisk her away! She's my guest, you bug-eating savage!"

"Hey, bugs are high in protein!"

The two of them begin bickering, and you feel like you might need to step in.

>Stop them
>Let them go on
>Eat the porridge on the floor
>Other
>>
>>43612452
>>Eat the porridge on the floor
Scavenger rights
>>
>>43612452
>Eat the porridge on the floor
>>
>>43612480
>>43612507
You pull away from both of them and begin eating the bowls they left on the ground. The porridge is bland and mushy, but it fills your stomach and that's all that matters. once you've cleaned them both, you stand and address the problem

>You're joining the Rangers
>You're staying with Mona a while longer
>You haven't decided
>Other
>>
>>43612536
>>You're joining the Rangers
>>
>>43612556
And we can stay in touch, learn some tricks. Her booty is ours
>>
>>43612536
>Other "Why can't I learn magic and then join the Rangers?"
>>
>>43612536
>You're joining the Rangers
>>
>>43606357
Rags, baby, it's been a while!
How are things going?
>>
>>43612585
>>43612574
>>43612556
You tell both Mona and Sophia that you've decided to join the Rangers. Sophia leaps into the air with glee, but Mona looks as if you'd just told her her dog was dead. You watch Sophia run laps around the room for a while, until you see Mona wandering over to a pile of clothes and balling them up.

"Fine. I hoped we could have a normal life in the city, but if this is for your career then I guess it's just gonna have to work out." She throws the clothes into a sack, and brings it over her shoulder. "I'm gonna miss all this, but I always knew deep down it wouldn't last."

Sophia stops running and glances back and forth between the two of you. She then leans in and whispers into your ear.

"She can't come. Only Rangers. She'll get eaten by a pig."

You watch Mona stuff more things into her bag, including some random books and a stuffed bear.

>Tell Mona she can't join you
>Rethink things
>Other
>>
>>43612603
Been alright. Lots of stress, but it's nice to do one of these again
>>
>>43612644
>>Tell Mona she can't join you
Not that we're cutting ties
>>
>>43612644
>>Rethink things
>>
>>43612644
>Rethink things
>>
>>43612644
>Rethink things

Rangers a shit. A SHIIIIT
>>
>>43612675
You tell Mona that you'll be going alone. As you say this, she stops packing, and moving all together. For a moment, you wonder if she's alright, and then you hear sobbing. Mona raises her hands up to her face and tries to stifle the sound of her crying, but it only makes her a bit more pathetic. Sophia shrugs.

"I'll be outside, don't take too long." With that, she heads up the ladder.

Mona continues sobbing into her hands, with seemingly no end in sight.

>Comfort her
>Leave her, it'll only be harder if you drag this out
>Other
>>
>>43612831
>>Comfort her
>>
>>43612831
>Comfort her
>>
>>43612831
>Comfort her
>>
>>43612831
>>Comfort her
>>
Good thread OP, gotta bail. I'll keep tabs on it.
>>
>>43612844
>>43612891
You cross the room and sit down beside Mona, patting her back and trying to calm her down. She continues to cry, but after a long time, she seems to finally dry up a little. She sniffles between words.

"Sorry. I just hate it here so much. I don't have any family, or any friends. All I do is work and then come home and be alone. I've read all the books he'll let me read a hundred times. I'm not even learning anything new. When you bought me dinner, and came and talked with me, it felt so good. I've been alone for ten years. Now you're leaving, and you'll probably never come back and...I just can't stop crying." Sure enough, she starts up again.

>I'll come back someday
>You'll make friends if you try
>Other
>>
>>43612943
>I'll come back someday
>>
>>43612943
>>You'll make friends if you try
Eat that pie every time we have spending money
>>
File: WhyWouldYouMakeMeFeel.jpg (50 KB, 337x507) Image search: [Google]
WhyWouldYouMakeMeFeel.jpg
50 KB, 337x507
>>43612943
>>I'll come back someday
>>
>>43612998
>>43612966
You assure Mona that you'll return one day, when fortune allows. This doesn't seem much help, but it's all you can do. After petting her a bit more, you stand and leave, trying not to bend to her coughing and sobbing as you leave the house.

Through the sitting room, you step over piles and piles of books, careful not to knock any over. As you make it to the front door, you hear something behind you knock over a stack, but when you turn to see what, nothing is there. Your nerves are quite tense from the situation you just left behind.

Outside, Sophia sits on the ground playing with a line of ants, but when she sees you emerge she shoots up and smiles.

"Now that we got rid of the pest, let's get going! My teachers are getting ready to ride back to the forest north of here! We'll need to buy you a coat, since you can't walk around with your dirty pillows hanging out if you're a Ranger.

>Ask Sophia something before setting off
>Get on with it
>Other
>>
>>43613076
>Ask Sophia something before setting off

How long will Ranger training take, and will I be able to come back and visit Mona?
>>
>>43613076
>>Other
"She's not a pest."
>>
>>43613117
Yeah, this too.
>>
>>43613107
>>43613117
You correct Sophia on Mona, but she seems ambivalent.

"Whatever. Rangers rule, wizards drool, that's what I say." You brush this off as the mumbling of a child, and ask about the training of a Ranger.

"Oh it's great! First you have to be Larva class, like I was, but then you'll move up to Fledgling rank, where you get to start learning combat and survival training, and then Sparrow rank, and then Falcon rank, and then Eagle rank, and if you work really hard, when you're old and dusty you can be Phoenix rank! It took me three years to make it to Fledgling, and I'm pretty good, so it will probably take you twice that if you really try. Don't worry, I'll be around to help you."

>Ask something else
>Get going
>Other
>>
>>43613187
>Get going

I don't really like Sophia that much. She's pretty annoying.
>>
>>43613187
>>Get going
I am now even less enthused with Rangerhood than I was before. Let's just get going before we snap and slap this harpy.
>>
>>43613237
>>43613256
You follow Sophia across town, eventually coming to a tavern. inside three of the Rangers from before spot her and rush over to check up on her condition.

"Sophia! Are you okay! Where did you run off to?"

"You nearly scared us to death, stupid girl!"

Sophia chuckles, pushing them away.

"It's fine, I just went to collect our newest member! She's super excited to be a Ranger!" The adults look at you, then at one another.

"I see. So you've decided to join our ranks after all. This is good news. It'll be good for Sophia's training. Before we go, we'll need to meet with the others. They're waiting just outside the city walls."

>Ask something before you leave
>Head outside the city
>>
>>43613349
>>Ask something before you leave
When will we next return?
>>
>>43613393
Seconding.
>>
>>43613393
>>43613433
You ask when you might next return to the city.

"We won't stray too far for too long. Our charge is the waterfall far below the city. We must be ever vigilant of it, but we also must care for the lands around the area. Many foul beasts spawn nearby, and those who would abuse the bounty of the land are always a problem, though not one we like to have to handle. However, if you're serious about your training, it will likely be some time before you are permitted to return, even on business."

>Ask something else
>Get going
>>
>>43613459
>Get going
>>
>>43613459
>>Get going
>>
>>43613508
>>43613589
You decide not to put things off any longer. You join the Rangers as they make their way to the gates, assisted by a guard with very slippery palms, and leave the city.

Just a half mile or so down the road, the others wait in hiding, and once you've all gathered, they hold a short meeting to discuss your entry.

"You're joining is something to celebrate, girl. And as luck would have it, you can be initiated right away. Our next stop is the cavern beneath the great waterfall. There, much more will be made clear."

All of you venture together, on a trek that takes the entirety of the morning, and at last come to the edge of a cliff. Before you is the great waterfall, the source of all clean water to the city, and a magnificent spectacle that cuts the city cleanly into two halves, joined by a set of massive stone bridges. You've never been on the outside before, and there is something humbling about seeing it from this new perspective.

The Rangers help you find your footing as you trek downward, sometimes walking, sometimes climbing, toward the base. A great, crystal clear lake rests here, churned by the mists. You watch it flow with awe as you make your way to the falls.
>>
>>43613792
Through the thick, nearly blinding mist, you walk. on the other side is a massive cavern, the likes of which could hold a second city. There is a narrow path though a mountain of rubble that leads into the dark. One of the Rangers lights a torch, and leads you all deeper.

Soon, something appears in the light. You squint and struggle, and after a time realize that it is a massive snout made of pure bone. When your eyes adjust completely, you nearly stumble back upon noticing the massive skeletal monster lying dead on the cavern floor. Though it is hard to make out well, you know it must have a hundred teeth, all sharp enough to impale you without any trouble, and behind them are claws the size of which would be enough to rip down the stone walls of the city in moments.

The Rangers leads you into the very frame of the monster, down it's bony gullet and toward it's chest, where the most terrible sight of all looms. A massive, red, and bloody heart beats there, dangling from viscera attached to the ribs of the beast. Sophia is the one to step forward and fill you in.

"This is the Dragon of the Falls. An ancient monster meant only to kill. Hundreds of years ago, the Dragonslayer King killed it with his companions, and using it's strength he build the kingdom. Some time later, Rangers came to inspect it and learn from it, and found it's heart still beating. It's still alive, somehow, but it's never moved since. It's our job to make sure it stays this way. And to do that, we need to use the same power the king used.

One of the Rangers takes a sword from his waist and slashes the beating heart, causing it to convulse. The blood that pills forth is caught in a silver bowl by another, and the adults as well as Sophia take turns passing it down the line until finally it reaches you.

"Drink the blood, and become one of us. Feel the power of the god of all beasts."

>Drink
>Don't drink
>>
>>43613810
>Drink

Welp, cult it is.
>>
>>43613810
Uh, I'm not so sure if I'm okay with this.
>Don't drink
>>
File: NotDoingThat.gif (721 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
NotDoingThat.gif
721 KB, 440x248
>>43613810
>>Don't drink
...oh, hell naw.
>>
>>43613834
You take the bowl from Sophia and peer into its contents. The blood still steams just a bit, and smells heavily of copper. You close your eyes and put it to your lips, sipping it first. The taste is sickly sweet, and the texture like mud. You look to the Rangers, who all encourage you in their own way. Sophia seems giddily happy.

You take a deep breath and tip the bowl back, drinking as much as you can in one mouthful. The blood seems to fight back, and you begin coughing, dropping the bowl to the ground as you yourself collapse. One of the Rangers rushes to help you to your feet, and your vision begins blurring.

"It'll be okay, child. The blood is potent, but all will be well when you awaken."
>>
That will probably wrap it up for this week. I might be able to swing two next week, but work is a killer, and so is a child.

I hope everyone who participated today had fun, and I hope you'll come back for more if you did

I can stick around for a little while to chat, but at some point I have to feed a little girl hamburgers, so I won't be around all night
>>
And for anyone who wants to know when a new thread will come, I have a twitter at @Rags2Riches_QM where I always post times and junk.
>>
>>43614024
Thanks for running, Rags. I had a lot of fun.
>>
>>43614024
Thanks for running, Rags. I've missed these.
>>
>>43614024
Thanks for running, dude - your quests have always been my favorites.
>>
Alright, catch you all later!
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.